Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Roleplay with FumblingNarwhal
“Nice to meet you too. Don’t worry. I’m not planning on stealing him from you anytime soon, I promise. My parents would kill me, plus we haven’t made it that far yet.” Elsie smiled goodnaturedly. “Need my address or Jayce, do you know where we’re going?” She situated herself in the backseat, relaxing rather quickly.

“Yep, just home. My parents aren’t home, but you know. Homework.” She sighed quietly, not really wishing to settle down and finish her homework. “Not sure how I’ll survive, but maybe, after a snack I’ll live.”
“Nice to meet you too. Don’t worry. I’m not planning on stealing him from you anytime soon, I promise. My parents would kill me, plus we haven’t made it that far yet.” Elsie smiled goodnaturedly. “Need my address or Jayce, do you know where we’re going?” She situated herself in the backseat, relaxing rather quickly.

“Yep, just home. My parents aren’t home, but you know. Homework.” She sighed quietly, not really wishing to settle down and finish her homework. “Not sure how I’ll survive, but maybe, after a snack I’ll live.”
Untitled52_13.png
Jayce nodded, agreeing with Elsie's tragedy.
"Yeah. Make sure to take breaks, go outside, and drink water, it'll keep your focus sharp. Well, I'm sure you already know that, but just as a reminder. A lot of the time I'll find myself not paying attention, and one of those things normally fixes it."

"Ummm, yeah, whats your address? I only know the general direction of your house. It would probably be weird if I already had your address."
Jayce nodded, agreeing with Elsie's tragedy.
"Yeah. Make sure to take breaks, go outside, and drink water, it'll keep your focus sharp. Well, I'm sure you already know that, but just as a reminder. A lot of the time I'll find myself not paying attention, and one of those things normally fixes it."

"Ummm, yeah, whats your address? I only know the general direction of your house. It would probably be weird if I already had your address."
Untitled134.png
INEEDMOTHCHILDREN
Always working on lair and Wishlist ;-;
carrd
Sketch Shop!!!
Holiday Adopts!
Untitled228.png
ABOUT ME
Art | Roleplay
FR+0
click images for chibi shop!
DragonFruit Baby
Untitled22_2.png
Elsie quickly typed her address into the GPS on her phone and handed it up to Jayce. “Here. Just use my phone, it’ll make things less confusing. It’s only about two blocks away from the park. Should be pretty easy to find. It’s the light brown house with dark brown shutters and matching roof. Rather clean on the outside with white flowers.”

She described the house as it looked exactly as she spoke. “I actually do my homework outside, which makes it slightly more fun. No way, Jayce? Not paying attention to his homework? That’s a disaster in waiting.”
Elsie quickly typed her address into the GPS on her phone and handed it up to Jayce. “Here. Just use my phone, it’ll make things less confusing. It’s only about two blocks away from the park. Should be pretty easy to find. It’s the light brown house with dark brown shutters and matching roof. Rather clean on the outside with white flowers.”

She described the house as it looked exactly as she spoke. “I actually do my homework outside, which makes it slightly more fun. No way, Jayce? Not paying attention to his homework? That’s a disaster in waiting.”
Untitled52_13.png
Jayce put Elsie's phone where his mom could see it for directions. He laughed at Elsie's comment.
"Well, my focus isn't horrible, its just not great. I'd average it out to adequate. Thankfully my ability to pay attention doesn't stunt my grades. I may take a page outta your book and start doing my homework outside, thats actually not a bad idea."
As he spoke, Jayce mindlessly fiddled with some lint that was stuck on his seat belt.

"When you were homeschooled, were you allowed to go ahead in subjects you were good at?"
Jayce put Elsie's phone where his mom could see it for directions. He laughed at Elsie's comment.
"Well, my focus isn't horrible, its just not great. I'd average it out to adequate. Thankfully my ability to pay attention doesn't stunt my grades. I may take a page outta your book and start doing my homework outside, thats actually not a bad idea."
As he spoke, Jayce mindlessly fiddled with some lint that was stuck on his seat belt.

"When you were homeschooled, were you allowed to go ahead in subjects you were good at?"
Untitled134.png
INEEDMOTHCHILDREN
carrd
Sketch Shop!!!
Holiday Adopts!
Untitled228.png
ABOUT ME
Art | Roleplay
FR+0
DragonFruit Baby
Untitled22_2.png
“Sometimes. It just depended on the day, time, and what it was. Normally, I slept in. Meaning I’d get to my school around nine thirty, and I wouldn’t get done until around eleven, shortly before lunch. I had a lot of my homework and stuff online, and I had it scheduled day to day. So unless I wanted to take a day off, I wouldn’t do extra school. I’ve, uh, well, I’ve never really enjoyed school that much, so I never really did extra.” Elsie smiled sheepishly as she peeked out the window.

“How about you? Have you always gone to school?”
“Sometimes. It just depended on the day, time, and what it was. Normally, I slept in. Meaning I’d get to my school around nine thirty, and I wouldn’t get done until around eleven, shortly before lunch. I had a lot of my homework and stuff online, and I had it scheduled day to day. So unless I wanted to take a day off, I wouldn’t do extra school. I’ve, uh, well, I’ve never really enjoyed school that much, so I never really did extra.” Elsie smiled sheepishly as she peeked out the window.

“How about you? Have you always gone to school?”
Untitled52_13.png
Jayce grunted in agreement.
"Yeah... School defiantly is not the best pastime. I've always gone to public school, that's why I asked about going ahead. Sometimes I consider how nice it would be to finish subjects that are easy, than have more time to figure out the harder ones. Not hinting any subjects in particular Ahem, Chemistry Ahem."

sigh, not fun. I get learning basic science and biology, but Chemistry seems like an extra waste of time. If ya have any recommendations for studying Chemistry, or just studying in general, feel free to throw them at me. If you didn't have to go to school at all, what would you do? Wouldja study a specific category still?"
Jayce grunted in agreement.
"Yeah... School defiantly is not the best pastime. I've always gone to public school, that's why I asked about going ahead. Sometimes I consider how nice it would be to finish subjects that are easy, than have more time to figure out the harder ones. Not hinting any subjects in particular Ahem, Chemistry Ahem."

sigh, not fun. I get learning basic science and biology, but Chemistry seems like an extra waste of time. If ya have any recommendations for studying Chemistry, or just studying in general, feel free to throw them at me. If you didn't have to go to school at all, what would you do? Wouldja study a specific category still?"
Untitled134.png
INEEDMOTHCHILDREN
carrd
Sketch Shop!!!
Holiday Adopts!
Untitled228.png
ABOUT ME
Art | Roleplay
FR+0
DragonFruit Baby
Untitled22_2.png
“That makes sense. Don’t get me started on chemistry though. I’m good at it, but I really don’t enjoy it. Makes me think too hard.” Elsie smiled slightly at the thought of all the hours she had spent on her chemistry homework, all to get a B, even though she had tried her hardest. It was harder than it appeared.

“Studying with someone who’s mastered the subject makes things ten times easier, especially if they’ve majored in it, or if they understand the subject completely.” She sighed slightly. “Like what I wanna do when I graduate? Because I think I’d like to be a florist when I graduate.”
“That makes sense. Don’t get me started on chemistry though. I’m good at it, but I really don’t enjoy it. Makes me think too hard.” Elsie smiled slightly at the thought of all the hours she had spent on her chemistry homework, all to get a B, even though she had tried her hardest. It was harder than it appeared.

“Studying with someone who’s mastered the subject makes things ten times easier, especially if they’ve majored in it, or if they understand the subject completely.” She sighed slightly. “Like what I wanna do when I graduate? Because I think I’d like to be a florist when I graduate.”
Untitled52_13.png
"A florist?" Jayce cocked his head to the side with interest. I suppose that makes sense considering Elsie's excitement with nature, he thought reasonably.
"That would be a good job, not super high pressure, but I'm sure it pays well. You do strike me as a flower person too, I'm sure you'd enjoy that career."
Mrs. Dolf peeked at the directions then turned down Elsie's street.

"What part of being a florist do you look forwards to? Like, the growing, organizing, or selling part?"
"A florist?" Jayce cocked his head to the side with interest. I suppose that makes sense considering Elsie's excitement with nature, he thought reasonably.
"That would be a good job, not super high pressure, but I'm sure it pays well. You do strike me as a flower person too, I'm sure you'd enjoy that career."
Mrs. Dolf peeked at the directions then turned down Elsie's street.

"What part of being a florist do you look forwards to? Like, the growing, organizing, or selling part?"
Untitled134.png
INEEDMOTHCHILDREN
carrd
Sketch Shop!!!
Holiday Adopts!
Untitled228.png
ABOUT ME
Art | Roleplay
FR+0
DragonFruit Baby
Untitled22_2.png
Elsie smiled, clearly content with her career choice. “Yep. A florist. I don’t think I could fit into anything with a super high pressure, I don’t work too well when I’m out on the spot, like in an emergency. I mostly just panic. But I’m sure that could change with any training I get.” She shrugged her shoulders and watched her neighbors houses go by.

“It’s the growing and organizing I love. Mostly the organizing, you get to make new arrangements everyday, and they’re always pretty. No matter what.”
Elsie smiled, clearly content with her career choice. “Yep. A florist. I don’t think I could fit into anything with a super high pressure, I don’t work too well when I’m out on the spot, like in an emergency. I mostly just panic. But I’m sure that could change with any training I get.” She shrugged her shoulders and watched her neighbors houses go by.

“It’s the growing and organizing I love. Mostly the organizing, you get to make new arrangements everyday, and they’re always pretty. No matter what.”
Untitled52_13.png
"In its own way, that would definitely be exciting."
Jayce nods at Elsie's words and the car pulls up to her house. Exiting the passenger seat, Jayce opens the door to the back seat for Elsie.
"It was fun hangin out with ya! I'll see you at prom. Or if we meet before it, I'll see you then."
He chuckled softly at his last sentence.

"If you have any ideas for things to do around town, text me! I have a pretty open schedule. "
"In its own way, that would definitely be exciting."
Jayce nods at Elsie's words and the car pulls up to her house. Exiting the passenger seat, Jayce opens the door to the back seat for Elsie.
"It was fun hangin out with ya! I'll see you at prom. Or if we meet before it, I'll see you then."
He chuckled softly at his last sentence.

"If you have any ideas for things to do around town, text me! I have a pretty open schedule. "
Untitled134.png
INEEDMOTHCHILDREN
carrd
Sketch Shop!!!
Holiday Adopts!
Untitled228.png
ABOUT ME
Art | Roleplay
FR+0
DragonFruit Baby