Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Guild of the Broken
1 2 3 4 5
@TicciTuna

OOC thread located here

Osair stood in the small, darkish room. There was strange feeling of nostalgia in the air. For the first time in five years, Osair was in full adventuring gear. This place almost felt familiar; it reminded him of many other rooms that Osair and his partner had stood in, waiting to receive their commissions. They had even been in one for the last adventure they had been on, the one where- Osair cut that thought short. Even after five long years, those memories still hurt too much. Everything had been going fine that day, Osair and his partner had finished their quest and were returning back, when that horrible beast had appeared. Osair remembered how his friend has been slammed into a wall. The quiet, sickening crunch when he collided with it had been echoing through Osair's ears for the past five years. After that, he had taken the beast on alone, becoming one of the few people in history to slay a dragon unassisted. A noise startled Osair back to reality. Any moment now, his new partner would come through the door. He wondered what they would be like. For a moment Osair hoped that he wouldn't like them. If he didn't, maybe it wouldn't hurt as much to lose them.
@TicciTuna

OOC thread located here

Osair stood in the small, darkish room. There was strange feeling of nostalgia in the air. For the first time in five years, Osair was in full adventuring gear. This place almost felt familiar; it reminded him of many other rooms that Osair and his partner had stood in, waiting to receive their commissions. They had even been in one for the last adventure they had been on, the one where- Osair cut that thought short. Even after five long years, those memories still hurt too much. Everything had been going fine that day, Osair and his partner had finished their quest and were returning back, when that horrible beast had appeared. Osair remembered how his friend has been slammed into a wall. The quiet, sickening crunch when he collided with it had been echoing through Osair's ears for the past five years. After that, he had taken the beast on alone, becoming one of the few people in history to slay a dragon unassisted. A noise startled Osair back to reality. Any moment now, his new partner would come through the door. He wondered what they would be like. For a moment Osair hoped that he wouldn't like them. If he didn't, maybe it wouldn't hurt as much to lose them.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Dyne stared at the door, his brain raking for any idea as to what to say to whoever awaiting him behind it. He wasn't exactly one for thinking things over 1000 times, but the fact that he had to spend his time adventuring with whoever he was paired with made him want to make an at least somewhat good impression. He continued to stare at the door for another minute, before finally shrugging the feeling off. If he made a good impression he made a good impression. And if he didn't it wouldnt be to much of a problem. According to the man Dyne had spoken to when he had first signed up, those who's blessing came from the god Memphi usually died first. Meaning the probability of him staying alive long enough for it to truely bother him were quite slim. "Okay..thats not exactly a soothing thought.." He muttered to himself before opening the door, turning to face his supposed new ally.
Dyne stared at the door, his brain raking for any idea as to what to say to whoever awaiting him behind it. He wasn't exactly one for thinking things over 1000 times, but the fact that he had to spend his time adventuring with whoever he was paired with made him want to make an at least somewhat good impression. He continued to stare at the door for another minute, before finally shrugging the feeling off. If he made a good impression he made a good impression. And if he didn't it wouldnt be to much of a problem. According to the man Dyne had spoken to when he had first signed up, those who's blessing came from the god Memphi usually died first. Meaning the probability of him staying alive long enough for it to truely bother him were quite slim. "Okay..thats not exactly a soothing thought.." He muttered to himself before opening the door, turning to face his supposed new ally.
The person who opened the door was not what Osair was expecting. While Osair was an oddity among all the hardened-looking people he had encountered among the Guild of the Broken, a diamond among a pig trough if you wanted to put it very harshly, the person before him looked surprisingly at home among all the rough people that the Guild seemed to attract. Before him was a young human with dark brown hair, standing a few inches taller than Osair despite looking a few years younger (Although, being an elf, Osair knew that an age gap of seemingly five years could turn out to be more than twenty). Osair looked up at him, staring into his reddish-brown eyes. Even with Osair's limited magic, he could still tell that the man before him was a powerful mage; he seemed to have a strange aura about him, one that seemed to conflict itself; hot in some places, cold in others. Osair could tell that the other man was studying him, quite possibly making similar assumptions about Osair himself. While he had never really been one to start conversations, Osair realized that it wasn't going to start unless one of them spoke up. "Um, Hello," Osair said quietly, trying to think of what to say next, "I'm Adrian Osair."
The person who opened the door was not what Osair was expecting. While Osair was an oddity among all the hardened-looking people he had encountered among the Guild of the Broken, a diamond among a pig trough if you wanted to put it very harshly, the person before him looked surprisingly at home among all the rough people that the Guild seemed to attract. Before him was a young human with dark brown hair, standing a few inches taller than Osair despite looking a few years younger (Although, being an elf, Osair knew that an age gap of seemingly five years could turn out to be more than twenty). Osair looked up at him, staring into his reddish-brown eyes. Even with Osair's limited magic, he could still tell that the man before him was a powerful mage; he seemed to have a strange aura about him, one that seemed to conflict itself; hot in some places, cold in others. Osair could tell that the other man was studying him, quite possibly making similar assumptions about Osair himself. While he had never really been one to start conversations, Osair realized that it wasn't going to start unless one of them spoke up. "Um, Hello," Osair said quietly, trying to think of what to say next, "I'm Adrian Osair."
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Dyne stared at the man in front of him with a curiousity. The elf, who had introduced himself as Adrian Osair seemed to have an odd look about him. Those who he had seen join the guild so far all seemed to look as if they had just gone through a terrible tragedy both by the looks upon their faces and by the scars that littered their arms and faces. Osair however didn't seem to fit this sterotype, looking safisticated compared to those Dyne had seen so far. Though their was something about him perhaps it was his stance or the way he spoke, that gave the elf this sad look. "I'm Dyne, nice to meet you." He thought for a second, trying to come up with with something to say. "Are you-new to adventuring?" He already had a good idea as to what the answer to this question would be, though he thought it was good way to start a conversation notheless.
Dyne stared at the man in front of him with a curiousity. The elf, who had introduced himself as Adrian Osair seemed to have an odd look about him. Those who he had seen join the guild so far all seemed to look as if they had just gone through a terrible tragedy both by the looks upon their faces and by the scars that littered their arms and faces. Osair however didn't seem to fit this sterotype, looking safisticated compared to those Dyne had seen so far. Though their was something about him perhaps it was his stance or the way he spoke, that gave the elf this sad look. "I'm Dyne, nice to meet you." He thought for a second, trying to come up with with something to say. "Are you-new to adventuring?" He already had a good idea as to what the answer to this question would be, though he thought it was good way to start a conversation notheless.
Osair flinched at that question. He desperately wished he could say he was, but one only need head to a library and look up his name to know otherwise. "No, I'm not. While I haven't adventured in awhile, I have undertaken many adventures in the past, are you new to adventuring?" Osair thought that response sounded too formal, exactly what a bored noble would say, trying to keep a conversation going. Even though Osair had never actually been rich, he still had polite manners, letting him pass off as someone wealthy. "Um, one more thing," Osair said, trying to make this sound more genuine, "I prefer to only be called by my last name. I know it's kind of strange, but I just like it better that way." Osair had never had a reason for that little quirk of his. He just didn't like being called by his first name. Perhaps because he had supposedly been named after his missing father, who Osair had long disliked for abandoning his family. Perhaps it was merely because his mother had given it to him, and Osair had never really forgiven her for her actions until after he died.
Osair flinched at that question. He desperately wished he could say he was, but one only need head to a library and look up his name to know otherwise. "No, I'm not. While I haven't adventured in awhile, I have undertaken many adventures in the past, are you new to adventuring?" Osair thought that response sounded too formal, exactly what a bored noble would say, trying to keep a conversation going. Even though Osair had never actually been rich, he still had polite manners, letting him pass off as someone wealthy. "Um, one more thing," Osair said, trying to make this sound more genuine, "I prefer to only be called by my last name. I know it's kind of strange, but I just like it better that way." Osair had never had a reason for that little quirk of his. He just didn't like being called by his first name. Perhaps because he had supposedly been named after his missing father, who Osair had long disliked for abandoning his family. Perhaps it was merely because his mother had given it to him, and Osair had never really forgiven her for her actions until after he died.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Dyne knew that that wasn't the best question to ask as soon as he said it. That sad feeling had only grown as those words came out of his mouth, leaving him feeling somewhat guilty. Something must have happened during his last adventure that led to something bad happening. "Well, I'm new to this kind of adventuring. Before I kinda just wandered around Everoth trying to figure out what to do with my life." He shrugged before continueing "Then I heard about this and it sounded kinda fun. Something to do at least. The free housing and medical service was also an extra bonus so I joined." He realized how stupid his reasoning may sound, though it was better than making no conversation at all.

(I doubt I'll be able to stay true to the personality I have written down on the OOC thead so expect me to change it. I prefer figuring things out as I go anyways so sorry about how disorganized I am with this.)
Dyne knew that that wasn't the best question to ask as soon as he said it. That sad feeling had only grown as those words came out of his mouth, leaving him feeling somewhat guilty. Something must have happened during his last adventure that led to something bad happening. "Well, I'm new to this kind of adventuring. Before I kinda just wandered around Everoth trying to figure out what to do with my life." He shrugged before continueing "Then I heard about this and it sounded kinda fun. Something to do at least. The free housing and medical service was also an extra bonus so I joined." He realized how stupid his reasoning may sound, though it was better than making no conversation at all.

(I doubt I'll be able to stay true to the personality I have written down on the OOC thead so expect me to change it. I prefer figuring things out as I go anyways so sorry about how disorganized I am with this.)
"Ah," Osair said, nodding, "Adventuring can be fun, at least if you do it with someone else. Now, I do believe it's time for us to receive our first commission. I believe they left it in that basket on the table," Osair said, pointing. He reached in, and found an envelope titled "Do not open until both adventurers are present." Osair ripped it open and pulled a folded sheet of paper out. He unfolded it quietly and began to read aloud. "Greetings adventurers, welcome to the Guild of the Broken. Your first commission will be a hard one, but we have no doubt that you can complete it. You are going to head northwest, travelling along the edge of the Greatwood, until you reach the Prince's Forest. Once you enter the forest, you must slay one of it's five Guardian beasts: the Chimera. Before you enter, you can stop at the nearby village of Aeveiry both to get supplies, and learn more about the beast. Be warned: the chimera is a Guardian Monster, meaning it will be much harder to kill than any regular chimera. Once again, we here at the Guild would likt to thank you for joining us. May the Weaver guide you!" Osair stopped reading. This commission sounded hard. While he knew that he and his former partner would be able to do it, albeit with difficulty, he wasn't sure of Dyne's abilities. Perhaps, Osair wondered, the Guild was just trying to get the two of them killed for some reason.
"Ah," Osair said, nodding, "Adventuring can be fun, at least if you do it with someone else. Now, I do believe it's time for us to receive our first commission. I believe they left it in that basket on the table," Osair said, pointing. He reached in, and found an envelope titled "Do not open until both adventurers are present." Osair ripped it open and pulled a folded sheet of paper out. He unfolded it quietly and began to read aloud. "Greetings adventurers, welcome to the Guild of the Broken. Your first commission will be a hard one, but we have no doubt that you can complete it. You are going to head northwest, travelling along the edge of the Greatwood, until you reach the Prince's Forest. Once you enter the forest, you must slay one of it's five Guardian beasts: the Chimera. Before you enter, you can stop at the nearby village of Aeveiry both to get supplies, and learn more about the beast. Be warned: the chimera is a Guardian Monster, meaning it will be much harder to kill than any regular chimera. Once again, we here at the Guild would likt to thank you for joining us. May the Weaver guide you!" Osair stopped reading. This commission sounded hard. While he knew that he and his former partner would be able to do it, albeit with difficulty, he wasn't sure of Dyne's abilities. Perhaps, Osair wondered, the Guild was just trying to get the two of them killed for some reason.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
Dyne looked curiously at the letter over Osair's shoulder, finishing it just a few seconds before Osair had finished reading it aloud. He had never been to the Prince's Forest before, let alone heard of it's Guardian Beasts. Though he assumed he could figure this out at Aeveiry if they chose to go. "Right. Well we should stop at Aeveiry first then. We'll need all the information we can get or it will be highly probably that we will both meet our unttimely deaths." He also couldn't help but think of the fact that there were 4 other Gaurdians that may come to the Chimera's aid, thougugh he qickly waved that away both because the iiddea wasn't something he wanted to think aboutut and because he knew that if this did happen, they would most certainly die. "We can discuss plans as we walk, for now we should try our best to begn heading northwest before it gets to dark."
Dyne looked curiously at the letter over Osair's shoulder, finishing it just a few seconds before Osair had finished reading it aloud. He had never been to the Prince's Forest before, let alone heard of it's Guardian Beasts. Though he assumed he could figure this out at Aeveiry if they chose to go. "Right. Well we should stop at Aeveiry first then. We'll need all the information we can get or it will be highly probably that we will both meet our unttimely deaths." He also couldn't help but think of the fact that there were 4 other Gaurdians that may come to the Chimera's aid, thougugh he qickly waved that away both because the iiddea wasn't something he wanted to think aboutut and because he knew that if this did happen, they would most certainly die. "We can discuss plans as we walk, for now we should try our best to begn heading northwest before it gets to dark."
When he finished reading the letter, something sparked in Osair. He felt that giddy excitement, ready to start a challenge that could end up being his last, but likely wouldn't. While he didn't smile, something new shone in his eyes, something that had been absent for the past five years. Since both adventurers were already packed, it didn't take more than ten more minutes for them to leave the Guild. When they exited, they came into the hustle and bustle of Oríen, the capital of Everoth. However, the two didn't have time to enjoy the beautiful city and they spent the next hour in almost complete silence, until they finally reached the city's edge. Once they left its boundaries, the buildings fell away quickly; they were in the wilderness before sunset. They walked until nightfall down the road, until they came across the border of the Greatwood, its tall trees looming menacingly in the fading light. The two were just beginning to set up their camp, when, from in the dark woods, came a rustling. From the darkness stepped out two inhuman figures.
When he finished reading the letter, something sparked in Osair. He felt that giddy excitement, ready to start a challenge that could end up being his last, but likely wouldn't. While he didn't smile, something new shone in his eyes, something that had been absent for the past five years. Since both adventurers were already packed, it didn't take more than ten more minutes for them to leave the Guild. When they exited, they came into the hustle and bustle of Oríen, the capital of Everoth. However, the two didn't have time to enjoy the beautiful city and they spent the next hour in almost complete silence, until they finally reached the city's edge. Once they left its boundaries, the buildings fell away quickly; they were in the wilderness before sunset. They walked until nightfall down the road, until they came across the border of the Greatwood, its tall trees looming menacingly in the fading light. The two were just beginning to set up their camp, when, from in the dark woods, came a rustling. From the darkness stepped out two inhuman figures.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
As he sqinted into the darkness, Dyne was able to make out the two figures in which Osair had been staring at. With a cautious look, he allowed his magic to drift into his hand, forming a small sphere in the center of his palm. He allowed his magic to then manifest into a bright light, illuminating the two figures slowly inching towards them. With an annoyed sigh, Dyne realized his suspicions were correct. Two monsters had founds their camp. "Well, I suppose we have to fight them. This is such a pain, we aren't even in Greatwood yet and there are monsters trying to kill us already." With a sigh of annoyance he summoned more magic, engulfing his hands in it yet again. "At least these ones don't seem that strong. I'll take the one on the left. You the right. Oh I have an even better idea. Lets see who can kill their monster first. Just a fun game to pass the time. Though don't get mad when I beat you." He gave Osair a small grin. This would at least make the night a bit more interesting. And it would give him the chance to figure out Osairs fighting style, something he was quite curious about. Though for now, he had to deal with his own opponent. And with that, he turned to face the monster in front of him, silently hoping he wouldn't end up embarrassing himself.
As he sqinted into the darkness, Dyne was able to make out the two figures in which Osair had been staring at. With a cautious look, he allowed his magic to drift into his hand, forming a small sphere in the center of his palm. He allowed his magic to then manifest into a bright light, illuminating the two figures slowly inching towards them. With an annoyed sigh, Dyne realized his suspicions were correct. Two monsters had founds their camp. "Well, I suppose we have to fight them. This is such a pain, we aren't even in Greatwood yet and there are monsters trying to kill us already." With a sigh of annoyance he summoned more magic, engulfing his hands in it yet again. "At least these ones don't seem that strong. I'll take the one on the left. You the right. Oh I have an even better idea. Lets see who can kill their monster first. Just a fun game to pass the time. Though don't get mad when I beat you." He gave Osair a small grin. This would at least make the night a bit more interesting. And it would give him the chance to figure out Osairs fighting style, something he was quite curious about. Though for now, he had to deal with his own opponent. And with that, he turned to face the monster in front of him, silently hoping he wouldn't end up embarrassing himself.
1 2 3 4 5