Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Universe's Demise (OPEN!!)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] When Cyrene got back, Ignorance was giving Mercy a list, some glasses, gloves, and an odd box. He noticed her and smiled hesitantly. "What did you think of my house?" He inquired quietly. Mercy smiled as well, putting all the equipment away.

When Cyrene got back, Ignorance was giving Mercy a list, some glasses, gloves, and an odd box. He noticed her and smiled hesitantly.
"What did you think of my house?" He inquired quietly. Mercy smiled as well, putting all the equipment away.
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] “It’s impressive.” Cyrene gave him a soft smile “I know a couple of dragons back home would be willing to offer even their own soul to achieve what you have already... Maybe minus the ‘surprise danger’ rooms, of course.” She chuckled quietly, spoken in a rather teasing manner to the Coatl when mentioning about the warning he gave her earlier about the them. “The... tapestries were very helpful, thank you.” Cyrene finally admitted “I was wondering if I could intrude your home again some other time, seems like I haven’t been able to finish looking at the tapestries...”

“It’s impressive.” Cyrene gave him a soft smile

“I know a couple of dragons back home would be willing to offer even their own soul to achieve what you have already... Maybe minus the ‘surprise danger’ rooms, of course.” She chuckled quietly, spoken in a rather teasing manner to the Coatl when mentioning about the warning he gave her earlier about the them.

“The... tapestries were very helpful, thank you.” Cyrene finally admitted “I was wondering if I could intrude your home again some other time, seems like I haven’t been able to finish looking at the tapestries...”

[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] Ignorance smiled, finally seeming to relax. "The irony in my name is that I was the smartest person on my planet. However, everyone instead thought I was ignorant. That I wouldn't accept what they were telling me, and that I preferred the bliss that would come with ignorance. That I would not accept it because I wished to know nothing and live without knowing anything. Now, for you, this may seem idiotic, for, who would wish for ignorance? Ignorance is bliss is only an expression. There are reasons they believed that I would prefer that, but I would rather not get into that. When I arrived here, I learned quickly and helped others learn. It's why I became Ignorance; I learned what it was like to be surrounded by it, and learned that knowledge is what we need. Bliss may be good, but ignorance can bring pain as well." Ignorance chuckled. "There are thousands of tapestries; one of my stories is dedicated to just tapestries! The ones you have most likely seen are the ones I have considered to be the most important of my collection. Feel free to come over anytime, but it might require a couple of trips." He looked much happier than he had a couple of moments ago, even going so far as to lightly humming. Mercy asked, "Shall we be going now?"

Ignorance smiled, finally seeming to relax.
"The irony in my name is that I was the smartest person on my planet. However, everyone instead thought I was ignorant. That I wouldn't accept what they were telling me, and that I preferred the bliss that would come with ignorance. That I would not accept it because I wished to know nothing and live without knowing anything. Now, for you, this may seem idiotic, for, who would wish for ignorance? Ignorance is bliss is only an expression. There are reasons they believed that I would prefer that, but I would rather not get into that. When I arrived here, I learned quickly and helped others learn. It's why I became Ignorance; I learned what it was like to be surrounded by it, and learned that knowledge is what we need. Bliss may be good, but ignorance can bring pain as well."
Ignorance chuckled.
"There are thousands of tapestries; one of my stories is dedicated to just tapestries! The ones you have most likely seen are the ones I have considered to be the most important of my collection. Feel free to come over anytime, but it might require a couple of trips." He looked much happier than he had a couple of moments ago, even going so far as to lightly humming. Mercy asked,
"Shall we be going now?"
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] Cyrene nodded still with a soft smile as the Coatl went on about a little bit of himself, at some point of her life, maybe even now, she might have wished to live in ignorance, the problem never seems too bad when you're not focusing on it, of course that'd have severe consequences if one doesn't make any attempt to fix it, but it made her feel at ease when she got a break from it, ignorance is bliss might not be too far-fetch from the truth. "Well guess I have thousands more of reasons to come back." She shot it back at him jokingly, chuckled a bit to see that the Coatl seemed much more comfortable now than he had earlier, even the light humming in tunes. Cyrene looked back to Mercy, this time she had her hand out first for the Skydancer to grasp it. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Cyrene nodded still with a soft smile as the Coatl went on about a little bit of himself, at some point of her life, maybe even now, she might have wished to live in ignorance, the problem never seems too bad when you're not focusing on it, of course that'd have severe consequences if one doesn't make any attempt to fix it, but it made her feel at ease when she got a break from it, ignorance is bliss might not be too far-fetch from the truth.

"Well guess I have thousands more of reasons to come back." She shot it back at him jokingly, chuckled a bit to see that the Coatl seemed much more comfortable now than he had earlier, even the light humming in tunes. Cyrene looked back to Mercy, this time she had her hand out first for the Skydancer to grasp it.

"Yeah, I'm ready."
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] Mercy smiled again and grasped her hand and then walked into the portal that appeared. This time the portal didn't seem as cold. When they arrived, Mercy explained, "The rest of the day is free for you, but I have some work I need to do. However, I also have a few hours to burn, so if you needed anything, just ask." Mercy then started to walk into the house, before pausing, and handing a book to Cyrene. The book was labeled, 'The History of the Existence'. "I remember how long it took to learn the history of the existence, and I wanted to help you with that. Also, it gives you something to do if you get bored." Then she went into the house to make lunch.

Mercy smiled again and grasped her hand and then walked into the portal that appeared. This time the portal didn't seem as cold. When they arrived, Mercy explained,
"The rest of the day is free for you, but I have some work I need to do. However, I also have a few hours to burn, so if you needed anything, just ask." Mercy then started to walk into the house, before pausing, and handing a book to Cyrene. The book was labeled, 'The History of the Existence'.
"I remember how long it took to learn the history of the existence, and I wanted to help you with that. Also, it gives you something to do if you get bored." Then she went into the house to make lunch.
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] Cyrene, nevertheless still exhausted by the teleportation, she has been bearing with it up till this moment. The Gaoler couldn't help but to let out a huge yawn but then grabbed the book that was handed to her, she took a quick look at the title before nodding. "Thank you for your consideration, I think I'll have a look at it after lunch, and probably a nap." She admitted , followed Mercy inside and went to the table as usual. ----- [emoji=gear size=1] Ruhig jolted awake, breathing heavily, he hadn't notice that he was covered in sweats, the nightmare he was in felt like forever, he didn't know when it started but it felt like he had experienced the events that happened. He brought his hands out to cover his face, sighed heavily into it, tried to calm himself down, he couldn't forget it no matter what. It seemed like his mind wasn't kind to him, reminding him of the ghosts of his past. It took a moment for him to realized that he was in fact not in his bed, or his room, or as a matter of fact, even in his country. [i]Oh that's right... some Coatl that goes by the Ignorance came through a portal and offered me a job... I'm not in Stanislas anymore...[/i]. Finally he gathered himself and slowly pushed himself out of the bed, wondered if he could take a shower and maybe find something to eat.

Cyrene, nevertheless still exhausted by the teleportation, she has been bearing with it up till this moment. The Gaoler couldn't help but to let out a huge yawn but then grabbed the book that was handed to her, she took a quick look at the title before nodding.

"Thank you for your consideration, I think I'll have a look at it after lunch, and probably a nap." She admitted , followed Mercy inside and went to the table as usual.

Ruhig jolted awake, breathing heavily, he hadn't notice that he was covered in sweats, the nightmare he was in felt like forever, he didn't know when it started but it felt like he had experienced the events that happened. He brought his hands out to cover his face, sighed heavily into it, tried to calm himself down, he couldn't forget it no matter what. It seemed like his mind wasn't kind to him, reminding him of the ghosts of his past.

It took a moment for him to realized that he was in fact not in his bed, or his room, or as a matter of fact, even in his country. Oh that's right... some Coatl that goes by the Ignorance came through a portal and offered me a job... I'm not in Stanislas anymore.... Finally he gathered himself and slowly pushed himself out of the bed, wondered if he could take a shower and maybe find something to eat.
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] Mercy set the table for Cyrene and then went into the kitchen to cook something. She paused for a moment, probably thinking what she was going to make, then grabbing a box of spaghetti. She put it to the side, grabbed a saucepan, poured some water in it, and put it on the stove. It took a couple of minutes before it started to boil, which is when she broke the spaghetti in half and then dropped it in the water. Six minutes later she added a handful of peas. Two minutes later, she grabbed a fork and tasted the spaghetti, before grabbing a strainer and starting the sink up. She waited until the water was hot before putting the strainer under it, standing back, and pouring the spaghetti into it. A thick cloud of steam erupted from the spaghetti. She waited until it was cleared before grabbing a spoon and splitting the spaghetti evenly into two bowls. She added some salt and butter, and called, "Bon appetit!" ____________________________________________________________________________ [center][emoji=gear size=1][/center] As Ruhig stumbled out of the bedroom (just guessing), Ignorance spotted him and called, "You just missed some guests that came over! Which is a pity because Mercy's apprentice seemed to have already halfway manifested."

Mercy set the table for Cyrene and then went into the kitchen to cook something. She paused for a moment, probably thinking what she was going to make, then grabbing a box of spaghetti. She put it to the side, grabbed a saucepan, poured some water in it, and put it on the stove. It took a couple of minutes before it started to boil, which is when she broke the spaghetti in half and then dropped it in the water. Six minutes later she added a handful of peas. Two minutes later, she grabbed a fork and tasted the spaghetti, before grabbing a strainer and starting the sink up. She waited until the water was hot before putting the strainer under it, standing back, and pouring the spaghetti into it. A thick cloud of steam erupted from the spaghetti. She waited until it was cleared before grabbing a spoon and splitting the spaghetti evenly into two bowls. She added some salt and butter, and called,
"Bon appetit!"

As Ruhig stumbled out of the bedroom (just guessing), Ignorance spotted him and called,
"You just missed some guests that came over! Which is a pity because Mercy's apprentice seemed to have already halfway manifested."
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] Cyrene waited patiently, until the heavenly scent of spaghetti filled her nostrils, it has been a long time since she has had those, but figured that Mercy's homemade meal wouldn't be nearly as fancy as those she usually had, but still, it was the taste that matters the most. "Merci." She chuckled before picking up her fork and help herself, the Gaoler would neatly twirled the strands into a bite size ball around the fork before putting it into her mouth every time. After a few moments, Cyrene found herself starting the small talk, she had some questions lingered on her mind ever since the whole meeting with Time and Ember, and everything that occurred there. "Say... you guys have been telling me that I only [i]half[/i] manifested... what does that mean exactly? Did it also happen to you? What triggered it? And what did you do to complete it?" ----- [emoji=gear size=1] Ruhig managed to pull himself together when he gotten out of the room, he had his usual small kind smile, not wanting to bother Ignorance with his own problem. He looked surprised when the Coatl told him that some people came over while he was out cold, assumed that was one of Ignorance's colleagues and their apprentice it seemed. The Gaoler scratched the back of his neck. "Oh? I'm sorry about that, I've always been told I'm a quite heavy sleeper..." He chuckled guiltily "Halfway manifested? What does that mean? I umm... congratulations to them I think? Haha..."

Cyrene waited patiently, until the heavenly scent of spaghetti filled her nostrils, it has been a long time since she has had those, but figured that Mercy's homemade meal wouldn't be nearly as fancy as those she usually had, but still, it was the taste that matters the most.

"Merci." She chuckled before picking up her fork and help herself, the Gaoler would neatly twirled the strands into a bite size ball around the fork before putting it into her mouth every time.

After a few moments, Cyrene found herself starting the small talk, she had some questions lingered on her mind ever since the whole meeting with Time and Ember, and everything that occurred there.

"Say... you guys have been telling me that I only half manifested... what does that mean exactly? Did it also happen to you? What triggered it? And what did you do to complete it?"

Ruhig managed to pull himself together when he gotten out of the room, he had his usual small kind smile, not wanting to bother Ignorance with his own problem. He looked surprised when the Coatl told him that some people came over while he was out cold, assumed that was one of Ignorance's colleagues and their apprentice it seemed. The Gaoler scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh? I'm sorry about that, I've always been told I'm a quite heavy sleeper..." He chuckled guiltily "Halfway manifested? What does that mean? I umm... congratulations to them I think? Haha..."
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] Mercy laughed to the joke as well. When Cyrene asked all the questions, she paused, formulating her answers. She paused for a minute or so before responding, "When you halfway manifest, you have made it so you have a foot in each world. One being the world you were born in, the other being the world you are now entering. This means you have some of the powers that your final form will have. This also means that you can somewhat read the language of the Universe. Yes, it happened to me. It lasted a while actually because what triggered my manifestation was very...complicated. What Pures do to complete their manifestation always vary from Pure to Pure, but for me, I thought about...why I chose what I did. Why I chose to forgive someone who...betrayed me. And to what caused my manifestation...it was a memory. A very important one that affected what I would do afterwards. Now, it has only been a day, and yet much of life has already been a mystery to you. I know that cannot bode well when you know practically nothing about the person that is sheltering you, so...I will give you one bit of my character. I am...well...when Ember asked, 'What are your forms?' She didn't mean, 'form'. She meant 'forms'. Every Pure has two forms, the one that captures what they know how to do best about, and the second being something they know how to deal with as well because sometimes things don't always go to plan. I know that doesn't much sense, but that is the only way I can put it. So, Cyrene...my second is..." she looked ill. Finally, she said, "Betrayal." ___________________________________________________________________________ [center][emoji=gear size=1][/center] Ignorance grinned cheerfully. "Halfway manifested means they are halfway to being a full Pure. So I was quite excited about that!" He then asked, "What did you wish to do today? We still have time to try to trigger your manifestation, although I understand if you wish to hold that off until another date. The library is full, tapestries are about, and there are always the worlds you could visit. I have met my fair share that I found quite interesting. Or of course you could simply explore. There is also a meeting...well, you're too new I would suspect." He mused.

Mercy laughed to the joke as well. When Cyrene asked all the questions, she paused, formulating her answers. She paused for a minute or so before responding,
"When you halfway manifest, you have made it so you have a foot in each world. One being the world you were born in, the other being the world you are now entering. This means you have some of the powers that your final form will have. This also means that you can somewhat read the language of the Universe. Yes, it happened to me. It lasted a while actually because what triggered my manifestation was very...complicated. What Pures do to complete their manifestation always vary from Pure to Pure, but for me, I thought about...why I chose what I did. Why I chose to forgive someone who...betrayed me. And to what caused my manifestation...it was a memory. A very important one that affected what I would do afterwards. Now, it has only been a day, and yet much of life has already been a mystery to you. I know that cannot bode well when you know practically nothing about the person that is sheltering you, so...I will give you one bit of my character. I am...well...when Ember asked,
'What are your forms?' She didn't mean, 'form'. She meant 'forms'. Every Pure has two forms, the one that captures what they know how to do best about, and the second being something they know how to deal with as well because sometimes things don't always go to plan. I know that doesn't much sense, but that is the only way I can put it. So, Cyrene...my second is..." she looked ill. Finally, she said, "Betrayal."

Ignorance grinned cheerfully.
"Halfway manifested means they are halfway to being a full Pure. So I was quite excited about that!" He then asked,
"What did you wish to do today? We still have time to try to trigger your manifestation, although I understand if you wish to hold that off until another date. The library is full, tapestries are about, and there are always the worlds you could visit. I have met my fair share that I found quite interesting. Or of course you could simply explore. There is also a meeting...well, you're too new I would suspect." He mused.
hjqGCU3.jpg
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] Cyrene continued to eat while listened intently to Mercy’s explanation, she couldn’t focus on the taste because another thing distracted her, she seemed to have figured the dots connected to each other, or at least that was also in her case like Mercy’s sort of, an event that happened in the past linked to a life changing memory, something that you couldn’t forget even on your deathbed. [i]So that’s what they meant…[/i] She pondered over the thought for a moment, when Mercy led the topic to something important of herself it made the Gaoler avert her eyes from the food towards the Skydancer herself. Her eyes narrowed seriously when Mercy was visibly not looking very well all of the sudden, but then softened as she finally spit it out. The Gaoler sighed, it was silent for a moment before she spoke up in a small voice “So… that makes sense huh…” Someone betrayed her and she forgave that person, it made Mercy unlock her full potential and made her a Pure “I think I understand now…” So it was something that each of them are used to dealing with, or to put it, something that made them into a character, an individual that they are. A Pure is responsible for certain concepts that they’d best know how to deal with. The red coated Gaoler stared down at her hand, which was placed on the table, she recalled the memory she saw during the orb thing that they’ve done with Time and Ember, one could see the gears turning in her head, finally she half eyed Mercy again, uncertainty in her voice “You don’t suppose two dragons could share the same concepts, do you? Or at least one of them?” Or at least that was what she had thought. [i]Betrayal[/i] Cyrene suspected that could have been why she half manifested “What happened during that session earlier…with Time and Ember, I’ve seen something that happened to me, something that turned my life upside down…” Cyrene admitted, if Mercy opened up to her, she figured she could do the same, even if it’s just a little bit, the thoughts in her mind have been piled up and brooded over for over two years already. “I… was not a good person as you’d think I am, or at least that’s what everyone thought.” She heaved a sigh “But I only do what’s necessary, not many would agree with my method, but if it’s what’s best for my country, I’d do it… Even if I have to get my hands dirtied. Those kind of pure hearted heroes that are made up in their bedtime stories can never save them when time calls for it.” Cyrene almost spat in disdain, remembered the kind of ‘revolutionaries’ that’d go around recruiting poor farmers and blue collared workers to rebel against their ‘evil’ overlords, they were nothing but delusional greenhorns that haven’t got a taste of what life really is. Cyrene caught herself before she went further off the rail, cleared her throat a bit, she reeled herself back to what she was trying to say before “The memory that I saw when the orb hit me… that woman… she was cursing on my head, probably on my entire bloodline.” She grinned bitterly “Just like the whispers on the streets, she too believed that I brought corruptions everywhere I go, in everything I do. To them, all they saw was the country being corrupted… for me, all I see was having the power to control unreliable, dangerous people and have them serve the country properly.” “It’s always better to have the upper hands to those kinds that’d backstab you at every chance they’d get, wouldn’t you agree? A firm grasp on the chess pieces so that they wouldn’t fall right over to the opponent. Alas, until [i]someone[/i] ratted me out, and all of my deeds were… exposed...” She dropped the fork, started to giggling quietly and madly, all of the emotions that were boiled up threatened to erupt like a volcano “Hahaha! That Gaoler wasn’t kidding when she said she’d drag me to hell even if she died…” Cyrene took a moment to quiet down a bit, recomposed herself, a wistful look on her face “What a fool… she thought she could take on the Duke of Langleinster… no one, no one could ever go up against that Guardian, even the Emperor was on edge with him, let alone someone like her… Once Einar had his sights set on something, he’d go great lengths to achieve it… unfortunately, my position was one of his targets, and he intended to take it for his beloved nephew… thanks to them, he didn’t need to lift a finger.”
Cyrene continued to eat while listened intently to Mercy’s explanation, she couldn’t focus on the taste because another thing distracted her, she seemed to have figured the dots connected to each other, or at least that was also in her case like Mercy’s sort of, an event that happened in the past linked to a life changing memory, something that you couldn’t forget even on your deathbed. So that’s what they meant… She pondered over the thought for a moment, when Mercy led the topic to something important of herself it made the Gaoler avert her eyes from the food towards the Skydancer herself.

Her eyes narrowed seriously when Mercy was visibly not looking very well all of the sudden, but then softened as she finally spit it out. The Gaoler sighed, it was silent for a moment before she spoke up in a small voice “So… that makes sense huh…” Someone betrayed her and she forgave that person, it made Mercy unlock her full potential and made her a Pure “I think I understand now…” So it was something that each of them are used to dealing with, or to put it, something that made them into a character, an individual that they are. A Pure is responsible for certain concepts that they’d best know how to deal with.

The red coated Gaoler stared down at her hand, which was placed on the table, she recalled the memory she saw during the orb thing that they’ve done with Time and Ember, one could see the gears turning in her head, finally she half eyed Mercy again, uncertainty in her voice “You don’t suppose two dragons could share the same concepts, do you? Or at least one of them?” Or at least that was what she had thought. Betrayal Cyrene suspected that could have been why she half manifested

“What happened during that session earlier…with Time and Ember, I’ve seen something that happened to me, something that turned my life upside down…” Cyrene admitted, if Mercy opened up to her, she figured she could do the same, even if it’s just a little bit, the thoughts in her mind have been piled up and brooded over for over two years already.

“I… was not a good person as you’d think I am, or at least that’s what everyone thought.” She heaved a sigh “But I only do what’s necessary, not many would agree with my method, but if it’s what’s best for my country, I’d do it… Even if I have to get my hands dirtied. Those kind of pure hearted heroes that are made up in their bedtime stories can never save them when time calls for it.” Cyrene almost spat in disdain, remembered the kind of ‘revolutionaries’ that’d go around recruiting poor farmers and blue collared workers to rebel against their ‘evil’ overlords, they were nothing but delusional greenhorns that haven’t got a taste of what life really is.

Cyrene caught herself before she went further off the rail, cleared her throat a bit, she reeled herself back to what she was trying to say before
“The memory that I saw when the orb hit me… that woman… she was cursing on my head, probably on my entire bloodline.” She grinned bitterly “Just like the whispers on the streets, she too believed that I brought corruptions everywhere I go, in everything I do. To them, all they saw was the country being corrupted… for me, all I see was having the power to control unreliable, dangerous people and have them serve the country properly.”

“It’s always better to have the upper hands to those kinds that’d backstab you at every chance they’d get, wouldn’t you agree? A firm grasp on the chess pieces so that they wouldn’t fall right over to the opponent. Alas, until someone ratted me out, and all of my deeds were… exposed...” She dropped the fork, started to giggling quietly and madly, all of the emotions that were boiled up threatened to erupt like a volcano

“Hahaha! That Gaoler wasn’t kidding when she said she’d drag me to hell even if she died…” Cyrene took a moment to quiet down a bit, recomposed herself, a wistful look on her face “What a fool… she thought she could take on the Duke of Langleinster… no one, no one could ever go up against that Guardian, even the Emperor was on edge with him, let alone someone like her… Once Einar had his sights set on something, he’d go great lengths to achieve it… unfortunately, my position was one of his targets, and he intended to take it for his beloved nephew… thanks to them, he didn’t need to lift a finger.”

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17