Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Universe's Demise (OPEN!!)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] [center](I'm just going to say that by the time Cyrene, Mercy, Time, and Ember meet up and disperse, Ruhig has had a significant nap)[/center] Mercy put all the plates into Crystal's jar again, and this time Cyrene could see Crystal cleaning off the excess food, yet making sure to not eat the plates or anything like that. Then Mercy cleared off the table, and when that was done, she went to the door while Cyrene grabbed whatever she needed. When Cyrene was ready, she held out her hand. "I apologize, but the Pures heavily rely on teleportation here." Mercy explained. When Cyrene had taken her hand, they disappeared into the tunnel. The piercing cold came again, but dissipated by the time they had arrived. Mercy then walked over to the ridge, and waited. She waited about two seconds before two dragons were just...there. Like they had always been there, yet they had definitely not. "Cyrene, this is Time, and..." Mercy trailed off. "Ember." The black veilspun answered. The veilspun dipped her head politely, but Cyrene didn't miss the way Ember was sizing her up. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=60&breed=19&element=1&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=71&wings=81&auth=e1832a6473ef92b39b498862fee499818274664e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1245967&skin=0&apparel=13799,446,449&xt=dressing.png[/img][/center] Time meanwhile tipped his hat and chirped, "Nice to meet you, miss." "Time and Ember have been training for a week now, so they have a better handle on things. And Time was curious to see how Ember would react to new Pures." Mercy explained. Ember then asked, "What are your forms?" The question was directed to Mercy. "Mercy." "And?" "Mercy." Mercy's voice was flat, saying, 'this conversation is over'. Ember narrowed her eyes, but just nodded. "We will let you two get acquainted while we decide what's the best technique." Time called, then turned to Mercy as they walked a little bit away. There was an awkward silence for a moment, before Ember asked tentatively, "Sooo...how long have you been here? And...umm...where did you come from before you arrived?"
(I'm just going to say that by the time Cyrene, Mercy, Time, and Ember meet up and disperse, Ruhig has had a significant nap)

Mercy put all the plates into Crystal's jar again, and this time Cyrene could see Crystal cleaning off the excess food, yet making sure to not eat the plates or anything like that. Then Mercy cleared off the table, and when that was done, she went to the door while Cyrene grabbed whatever she needed. When Cyrene was ready, she held out her hand.
"I apologize, but the Pures heavily rely on teleportation here." Mercy explained. When Cyrene had taken her hand, they disappeared into the tunnel. The piercing cold came again, but dissipated by the time they had arrived. Mercy then walked over to the ridge, and waited. She waited about two seconds before two dragons were just...there. Like they had always been there, yet they had definitely not.
"Cyrene, this is Time, and..." Mercy trailed off.
"Ember." The black veilspun answered. The veilspun dipped her head politely, but Cyrene didn't miss the way Ember was sizing her up.
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=60&breed=19&element=1&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=0&winggene=71&wings=81&auth=e1832a6473ef92b39b498862fee499818274664e&dummyext=prev.png

scry?sdid=1245967&skin=0&apparel=13799,446,449&xt=dressing.png

Time meanwhile tipped his hat and chirped,
"Nice to meet you, miss."
"Time and Ember have been training for a week now, so they have a better handle on things. And Time was curious to see how Ember would react to new Pures." Mercy explained. Ember then asked,
"What are your forms?" The question was directed to Mercy.
"Mercy."
"And?"
"Mercy." Mercy's voice was flat, saying, 'this conversation is over'. Ember narrowed her eyes, but just nodded.
"We will let you two get acquainted while we decide what's the best technique." Time called, then turned to Mercy as they walked a little bit away.

There was an awkward silence for a moment, before Ember asked tentatively,
"Sooo...how long have you been here? And...umm...where did you come from before you arrived?"
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] Cyrene found herself gasping sharply for oxygen after the teleportation, she was still not used to it, no matter how tough she tried to act, that coldness grasped at her and sent a chill down her spine got her every time. They waited for a bit and the Gaoler flinched a bit when two dragons suddenly materialized out of nowhere, her gaze hardened a bit when she observed the two of them but her head remained high and her chest puffed out proudly, always keep her composure no matter what, the Gaoler dipped her head politely in return to the two after they’ve said their greetings. “Thank you, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, mister… Time, and miss Ember.” Since Mercy already introduced her name to the two, she didn’t need to repeat, only nodded in response to the Skydancer when she explained their situation. Cyrene couldn’t help but to glance at Mercy from the corner of her eyes at the tone of the Skydancer, wondering what could have riled her up, it was one of many other mysteries Cyrene would just to find out one day. She watched as Time and Mercy walked off with their discussion and she was left alone with the Veilspun. Cyrene wasn’t sure what to say but thankfully Ember broke the silence. She thought about it for moment before answering to the Veilspun “In the Pure Lands? I believe I’ve just gotten here… yesterday.” Or at least that was what it felt like, this place truly had no concept of time, ironically and she had a hard time keeping track “Well…” Cyrene sighed quietly, “I’m from a place called Gwyneth. What about yourself?

Cyrene found herself gasping sharply for oxygen after the teleportation, she was still not used to it, no matter how tough she tried to act, that coldness grasped at her and sent a chill down her spine got her every time. They waited for a bit and the Gaoler flinched a bit when two dragons suddenly materialized out of nowhere, her gaze hardened a bit when she observed the two of them but her head remained high and her chest puffed out proudly, always keep her composure no matter what, the Gaoler dipped her head politely in return to the two after they’ve said their greetings.

“Thank you, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, mister… Time, and miss Ember.”

Since Mercy already introduced her name to the two, she didn’t need to repeat, only nodded in response to the Skydancer when she explained their situation. Cyrene couldn’t help but to glance at Mercy from the corner of her eyes at the tone of the Skydancer, wondering what could have riled her up, it was one of many other mysteries Cyrene would just to find out one day. She watched as Time and Mercy walked off with their discussion and she was left alone with the Veilspun.

Cyrene wasn’t sure what to say but thankfully Ember broke the silence. She thought about it for moment before answering to the Veilspun
“In the Pure Lands? I believe I’ve just gotten here… yesterday.” Or at least that was what it felt like, this place truly had no concept of time, ironically and she had a hard time keeping track

“Well…” Cyrene sighed quietly, “I’m from a place called Gwyneth. What about yourself?
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] "Gyundra." Ember replied casually. "What was it like when you first arrived? What's...Mercy like? Have you heard if anyone else has joined the Pures? Also, have you figured out what your form is?"

"Gyundra." Ember replied casually.
"What was it like when you first arrived? What's...Mercy like? Have you heard if anyone else has joined the Pures? Also, have you figured out what your form is?"
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] [i]Interesting...[/i] Cyrene has heard that name before, but she decided not to press on with the matter, since the last time it was brought up, she got a feeling that it'd be better not to talk about it, or that she'd have any business to do with it, not anytime soon she assumed. The Gaoler hummed, appeared to be thinking for a moment "It felt...weird." She admitted. "What are considered the norms here, would be nothing but fiction to where I'm from." Cyrene noticed that the Veilspun was a bit on edge about Mercy, it begs for more questions but the Gaoler decided that she'd just let them be for now "Mercy has been... nothing but nice and considerate." It was true from her perspective "And no I don't believe I have heard anything like that. Also, no, but that's why she brought me here." She turned to look at where Mercy and Time gone off to briefly before turning back to face Ember "She said she needed some advises on helping out with figuring what my powers are..."

Interesting...

Cyrene has heard that name before, but she decided not to press on with the matter, since the last time it was brought up, she got a feeling that it'd be better not to talk about it, or that she'd have any business to do with it, not anytime soon she assumed. The Gaoler hummed, appeared to be thinking for a moment "It felt...weird." She admitted.

"What are considered the norms here, would be nothing but fiction to where I'm from." Cyrene noticed that the Veilspun was a bit on edge about Mercy, it begs for more questions but the Gaoler decided that she'd just let them be for now
"Mercy has been... nothing but nice and considerate." It was true from her perspective "And no I don't believe I have heard anything like that. Also, no, but that's why she brought me here." She turned to look at where Mercy and Time gone off to briefly before turning back to face Ember "She said she needed some advises on helping out with figuring what my powers are..."
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] Ember seemed mildly disappointed when Cyrene explained she hadn't found her pure form yet. "It was a stretch. I was just hoping that you would have because I've been here for a week and not discovered anything yet." Ember explained. Before they could continue chatting, Time and Mercy came back over. Mercy spoke first. "Since we are tying to activate your powers, it's not going to be anything fancy." Mercy explained. Ember grumbled knowingly. Time spoke next. "We shall be playing a game." Ember grumbled even more. Time gave her a calm smile which made Ember quiet down. Then he explained the rules of the game. "This game involves an emotion orb. An emotion orb is something that can sense the emotions and will react depending on them. Ignorance made this one so that happiness or concentration will make the ball bounce away from you. The goal of this game is to be focusing on details of your life that may be your Pure Form. Now, to clarify for Cyrene, each and every one of the Pures has some underlying reason to why they are a Pure. Almost everyone of us have actually had some sort of traumatic or memorable event happen to us for us to either: 1: Be very good with such concept, as with Mercy, who sees forgiveness as a strength that can make enemies your friends, and 2. Knowing how to deal with such concepts such as Ignorance who has seen that ignorance can be a downfall for entire species. So when you are concentrating, make sure to look at life changing events first. If it gets too much though, just switch your concentration to another memory. Our goal here today is to see who can last the longest before the orb hits the ground. I'll give you ten seconds to start." For some reason, Cyrene suspected that these seconds would be the most accurately spoken seconds in the world. He, Mercy, and Ember all sat down, then Time hit a button and then an orb came out of it the size of a beachball. It was glowing pink, and when it neared Mercy, bounced off of her easily. It then headed towards Ember where it bounced off more shakily and the orb turned slightly purple when it did. It headed towards Time where it went back to the pink coloration. Then it was heading towards Cyrene.

Ember seemed mildly disappointed when Cyrene explained she hadn't found her pure form yet.
"It was a stretch. I was just hoping that you would have because I've been here for a week and not discovered anything yet." Ember explained.

Before they could continue chatting, Time and Mercy came back over. Mercy spoke first.
"Since we are tying to activate your powers, it's not going to be anything fancy." Mercy explained. Ember grumbled knowingly. Time spoke next.
"We shall be playing a game." Ember grumbled even more. Time gave her a calm smile which made Ember quiet down. Then he explained the rules of the game.
"This game involves an emotion orb. An emotion orb is something that can sense the emotions and will react depending on them. Ignorance made this one so that happiness or concentration will make the ball bounce away from you. The goal of this game is to be focusing on details of your life that may be your Pure Form. Now, to clarify for Cyrene, each and every one of the Pures has some underlying reason to why they are a Pure. Almost everyone of us have actually had some sort of traumatic or memorable event happen to us for us to either:
1: Be very good with such concept, as with Mercy, who sees forgiveness as a strength that can make enemies your friends, and
2. Knowing how to deal with such concepts such as Ignorance who has seen that ignorance can be a downfall for entire species.

So when you are concentrating, make sure to look at life changing events first. If it gets too much though, just switch your concentration to another memory. Our goal here today is to see who can last the longest before the orb hits the ground. I'll give you ten seconds to start." For some reason, Cyrene suspected that these seconds would be the most accurately spoken seconds in the world. He, Mercy, and Ember all sat down, then Time hit a button and then an orb came out of it the size of a beachball. It was glowing pink, and when it neared Mercy, bounced off of her easily. It then headed towards Ember where it bounced off more shakily and the orb turned slightly purple when it did. It headed towards Time where it went back to the pink coloration. Then it was heading towards Cyrene.
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] Cyrene only nodded solemnly, a million things were on her mind right now but she’d get to sort them out eventually. The Gaoler turned her head to look at Mercy and Time approaching them again, while they explained what they were going to do, Cyrene couldn’t help but to notice Ember’s foul reaction to them, she wondered just what exactly was going on with this Veilspun. However she herself looked unamused then they phrased it as a ‘game’ but she listened intently to Time when he explained the rules, the more he went on, the more uneasy she became. The Gaoler did not like the sound of that, as far as she could recall, the life changing events for her was not a fun trip down the memory lane, the Gaoler’s fur bristled slightly when she thought of it, she has been trying to ignore it ever since she got here, but it didn’t look like she could hide forever. She reluctantly sat down in the circle then Time activated the orb, she stayed still but her gaze followed the orb nervously when it bounced around, and then finally it came flying towards her, Cyrene wasn’t sure what to think of, but it triggered a recent life changing event in her memory suddenly, and her expression became rather grim. Cyrene could see in her memory the distant shape of a female Gaoler, she was staring at Cyrene with such intense eyes. And she could feel herself looking down at the other dragon with an ice cold demeanor. [i]”... Sentenced to treason against the … of Gwyneth …” A fainted voice of an announcer, the female Gaoler had such a sour look on her face as she was being held down by the guards. Cyrene remembered questioning her why she did such a thing and in response she got an enraged, choked up answer. “The corruption of this land, it fell on your head, you, your servants and your tyranny.” “Oh please, the one you should be referring to is the Guardian that you stroked up to every night.” “Both of you! I’ll drag both of you through hell myself if I have to!” Cyrene gave her a bitter smile, still perching on the high chair that she’d soon fall off. “Did you really think you can go up against … you’re making a mistake girl… Even if you’ve exposed my wrong doings, you’ve only sentence Gwyneth to a far worse faith…[/i]” Cyrene gasped forcefully, a chain of events that happened afterwards came raining down on her head and spiraled out of control, why did she think of that, the Gaoler was shaking slightly. They’d do anything to stay in power, to stay on the very top, corruption was the only way to do it, desires were too easy to get a hold of and quickly being corrupted, and that she had plenty of resources to create such opportunities. When you had someone in the firm grasp of your palm, you’d feel like you’re not afraid of anything anymore, it’s a risky game, but such naivety and pure hearts won’t last long in a world where only the strongest prevail.

Cyrene only nodded solemnly, a million things were on her mind right now but she’d get to sort them out eventually. The Gaoler turned her head to look at Mercy and Time approaching them again, while they explained what they were going to do, Cyrene couldn’t help but to notice Ember’s foul reaction to them, she wondered just what exactly was going on with this Veilspun.

However she herself looked unamused then they phrased it as a ‘game’ but she listened intently to Time when he explained the rules, the more he went on, the more uneasy she became. The Gaoler did not like the sound of that, as far as she could recall, the life changing events for her was not a fun trip down the memory lane, the Gaoler’s fur bristled slightly when she thought of it, she has been trying to ignore it ever since she got here, but it didn’t look like she could hide forever.

She reluctantly sat down in the circle then Time activated the orb, she stayed still but her gaze followed the orb nervously when it bounced around, and then finally it came flying towards her, Cyrene wasn’t sure what to think of, but it triggered a recent life changing event in her memory suddenly, and her expression became rather grim.

Cyrene could see in her memory the distant shape of a female Gaoler, she was staring at Cyrene with such intense eyes. And she could feel herself looking down at the other dragon with an ice cold demeanor.

”... Sentenced to treason against the … of Gwyneth …”

A fainted voice of an announcer, the female Gaoler had such a sour look on her face as she was being held down by the guards. Cyrene remembered questioning her why she did such a thing and in response she got an enraged, choked up answer.

“The corruption of this land, it fell on your head, you, your servants and your tyranny.”

“Oh please, the one you should be referring to is the Guardian that you stroked up to every night.”

“Both of you! I’ll drag both of you through hell myself if I have to!”

Cyrene gave her a bitter smile, still perching on the high chair that she’d soon fall off.

“Did you really think you can go up against … you’re making a mistake girl… Even if you’ve exposed my wrong doings, you’ve only sentence Gwyneth to a far worse faith…

Cyrene gasped forcefully, a chain of events that happened afterwards came raining down on her head and spiraled out of control, why did she think of that, the Gaoler was shaking slightly. They’d do anything to stay in power, to stay on the very top, corruption was the only way to do it, desires were too easy to get a hold of and quickly being corrupted, and that she had plenty of resources to create such opportunities. When you had someone in the firm grasp of your palm, you’d feel like you’re not afraid of anything anymore, it’s a risky game, but such naivety and pure hearts won’t last long in a world where only the strongest prevail.
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] The orb flashed bright blue; and suddenly Cyrene power flood her, and the orb stalled. Yet, even though power surged into Cyrene, she didn't feel...complete. Mercy and Time smiled. Ember grinned as well, yet the smile seemed to be tempered with frustration. Time explained, "Your Pure Form has manifested. Somewhat. I believe that you still need to figure out exactly what it is and why. I know this because once you have fully manifested, it should disappear. But it hasn't so you still have a bit to go. And don't be too upset," he added, looking at Ember. "Depending on what your Pure Form is, it might be much more difficult to figure out to pinpoint. I'm shocked really," he added, looking at Cyrene again. It usually takes much longer to figure out. What triggered it?" He asked, looking curious. Mercy added, "Until you have figured out exactly what your Pure Form could be, which is usually much harder, you will be halfway manifested. This means that your powers will be much weaker and that you don't immediately change to your Pure Form, which means you won't have any number of things that represent that concept appear on you. And don't worry," she added, giving a glare to Time, "you don't have to answer that if you don't want to." (Cyrene responds however she wishes to) Ember then grabbed the orb and asked, "Could we continue? Sorry it's just, after that...I need to find out what my form is."

The orb flashed bright blue; and suddenly Cyrene power flood her, and the orb stalled. Yet, even though power surged into Cyrene, she didn't feel...complete. Mercy and Time smiled. Ember grinned as well, yet the smile seemed to be tempered with frustration. Time explained,
"Your Pure Form has manifested. Somewhat. I believe that you still need to figure out exactly what it is and why. I know this because once you have fully manifested, it should disappear. But it hasn't so you still have a bit to go. And don't be too upset," he added, looking at Ember. "Depending on what your Pure Form is, it might be much more difficult to figure out to pinpoint. I'm shocked really," he added, looking at Cyrene again. It usually takes much longer to figure out. What triggered it?" He asked, looking curious. Mercy added,
"Until you have figured out exactly what your Pure Form could be, which is usually much harder, you will be halfway manifested. This means that your powers will be much weaker and that you don't immediately change to your Pure Form, which means you won't have any number of things that represent that concept appear on you. And don't worry," she added, giving a glare to Time, "you don't have to answer that if you don't want to." (Cyrene responds however she wishes to) Ember then grabbed the orb and asked,
"Could we continue? Sorry it's just, after that...I need to find out what my form is."
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] Cyrene’s fur bristled harshly when the weird sensation flooded through her body, she appeared to be still shell shocked and confused as she looked down at herself and her hands by instinct, just what hell happened? If anything, the Gaoler looked a bit weirded out as she continued to examine her own body, nothing changed but she couldn’t shake off that anomaly feeling that surged through it. She only half listened to what the others were talking about, not until Time directed his curiosity towards her then Mercy cut in, Cyrene only barely nodded in response, she gave it a thought for a moment before saying “I’m not sure of it myself, so I’ll refrain from answering.” An answer to Time, Cyrene was an intelligent dragon, she had a vague idea of what it could have been, but since so many things were mixed into the fray, she couldn’t exactly pinpoint it. Then again, the Gaoler was now sure that she wasn’t liking what direction this was heading to. Thankfully, Ember gathered the attention to her, to which Cyrene only nodded again, she couldn’t quite shake off this feeling in her chest, it was faint but it felt twisted and it was digging its roots in her, it was far from unfamiliar but for some reason it felt like it didn’t belong now. It's like looking in the mirror and not liking what you see.

Cyrene’s fur bristled harshly when the weird sensation flooded through her body, she appeared to be still shell shocked and confused as she looked down at herself and her hands by instinct, just what hell happened? If anything, the Gaoler looked a bit weirded out as she continued to examine her own body, nothing changed but she couldn’t shake off that anomaly feeling that surged through it.

She only half listened to what the others were talking about, not until Time directed his curiosity towards her then Mercy cut in, Cyrene only barely nodded in response, she gave it a thought for a moment before saying “I’m not sure of it myself, so I’ll refrain from answering.” An answer to Time, Cyrene was an intelligent dragon, she had a vague idea of what it could have been, but since so many things were mixed into the fray, she couldn’t exactly pinpoint it.

Then again, the Gaoler was now sure that she wasn’t liking what direction this was heading to. Thankfully, Ember gathered the attention to her, to which Cyrene only nodded again, she couldn’t quite shake off this feeling in her chest, it was faint but it felt twisted and it was digging its roots in her, it was far from unfamiliar but for some reason it felt like it didn’t belong now. It's like looking in the mirror and not liking what you see.
[center][emoji=rose size=1][/center] The rest of the session ended up going like this: the orb bouncing off of Ember and growing more and more red, and then nearing Cyrene and hitting the ground with a thud. After an hour or so of this, Mercy then called, "Okay, that's enough for today. I think we should try this again the day after tomorrow, what do you think Time?" She asked, turning to him. He nodded. "That sound reasonable." He concurred. Then he got up, and held out his hand to Ember who looked neutral, but her tail said otherwise; flicking about angrily. She nodded, held his hand, and they were gone. Mercy held out hers and then asked, "Did you want to go straight home? Or see Ignorance's abode first?"

The rest of the session ended up going like this: the orb bouncing off of Ember and growing more and more red, and then nearing Cyrene and hitting the ground with a thud. After an hour or so of this, Mercy then called,
"Okay, that's enough for today. I think we should try this again the day after tomorrow, what do you think Time?" She asked, turning to him. He nodded.
"That sound reasonable." He concurred. Then he got up, and held out his hand to Ember who looked neutral, but her tail said otherwise; flicking about angrily. She nodded, held his hand, and they were gone. Mercy held out hers and then asked,
"Did you want to go straight home? Or see Ignorance's abode first?"
hjqGCU3.jpg
[emoji=rose size=1] Finally the Gaoler stretched her arms out when they decided that it was enough for the day, she was getting pretty numb from sitting for too long, that reminded her that she needed to get back in shape, probably. The other two disappeared before she could say her goodbyes properly to them, it seemed like the Veilspun was in a fairly foul mood when she left. “I’ll come with you, figure I could ask to pick up some books about your history, and among some other things...” Cyrene murmured, looking down at the Skydancer’s hand for a brief moment before grasping it with hers, prepped herself for another teleportation trip.

Finally the Gaoler stretched her arms out when they decided that it was enough for the day, she was getting pretty numb from sitting for too long, that reminded her that she needed to get back in shape, probably. The other two disappeared before she could say her goodbyes properly to them, it seemed like the Veilspun was in a fairly foul mood when she left.

“I’ll come with you, figure I could ask to pick up some books about your history, and among some other things...” Cyrene murmured, looking down at the Skydancer’s hand for a brief moment before grasping it with hers, prepped herself for another teleportation trip.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17