Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Hidden city ((WOF rp closed))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Name: Velvet
Species: Ice/Silk
Appearance: FINALLY finished :D
Personality: You haven't seen terrified till you've seen Velvet. You'd expect she has a bomb strapped to her face. Her magic is a huge cause of terror for her. When not nearly exploding due to her fear, she is a very thoughtful and smart dragon. The kind of kid that can solve a rubick cube in under a minute and immediately panic and fall apart when someone talks to her. She's pretty extroverted, occasionally showing up at all the major parties, but acting more introverted due to panicking when being spoken to. Velvet always worries she's being judged. She's never experienced hate for being a hybrid/animus, but she still thinks every dragon sees something in her that she misses and that's really bad or annoying. Over times she's learned ways to calm down and enjoy herself. She loves to read and paint. She actually has Chromesthesia, specifically sound-color variant which affects her painting.
Small Bio: Velvet was born to a very rich family with no siblings. To the average Animus-town dragon, she's the closest thing to a purebred. Her family is a huge line of pure icewings and silkwings, and ice/silk hybrids. The animus gene has been selectively added to the family though it's very rare that it takes form. She had very little contact with others, spending most of her time with her extended family that noticed ALL the little details and mistakes, feeding her worry and doubts. The animus before her, her grandma, taught her a lot. Not about her magic, but about the history. Their great-great-great-great-times a hundred-grandfather, Wyvren was an animus, and he went on a rampage, tearing a huge gap in the generations and nearly wiping out his own descendants. Despite this, the family still wanted animi as wish-granting machines for the family.
Gramma Lotus warned Velvet to be careful and never fully comply to her parents will, or else she become a fancy wish-granting decoration. Velvet was easily imprinted on, so she took her gramma's words to heart. She tried to bottle up her magic, not become like Wyvren, and Albatross, and Webbing, and Darkstalker. She started to stop going to the fancy events her parents held where they would show off her magic, hiding in her room to read and relax.
She was shipped off to the Animus School for gifted dragons and was put in the year-round program, her parents hoping they could squash some good culture and elegance into her before she was old enough to be arranged to marry or leave home permanently. So far, their attempts have been fruitless.
Other?:
-Theme song: Never gonna give you up, Never gonna let you down
Oof, the gif and video wouldn't work :'|
-In all seriousness, Riptide by Vance Joy is DEFINITELY her theme song
-Terrified of small rodents
-Can produce a colder form of silk, though it's like plucking hair off your arms, painful and annoying
-0 breath weapons
-Extremely weak immune system
-Is blind in one eye, but it isn't too noticeable visually due to her eye color
Enchanted items:
-A box enchanted to cause what she needed most to appear inside(Enchanted to stop being useful out of fear of her parents using it)
-A little book of nursery rhymes, enchanted to read itself to her when her parents refused to read her another story(Locked away in the attic)
-A quill enchanted to never need to be dipped in ink(Locked away in the attic)
-A necklace enchanted to look super pretty and much prettier than other necklaces at any party (Purposefully lost)
-A tiny embedded jewel in her back enchanted to keep her safe from diseases that would easily kill her that a normal dragon could shrug off, ie a common cold or the flu(Just minor diseases!! She's still a target for major dragon-diseases!)(Gift from Gramma Lotus)
-A stick that she tried to enchant to keep her from being affected by another animi's power but she wiped the spell and destroyed the stick(Permanently gone)
Name: Velvet
Species: Ice/Silk
Appearance: FINALLY finished :D
Personality: You haven't seen terrified till you've seen Velvet. You'd expect she has a bomb strapped to her face. Her magic is a huge cause of terror for her. When not nearly exploding due to her fear, she is a very thoughtful and smart dragon. The kind of kid that can solve a rubick cube in under a minute and immediately panic and fall apart when someone talks to her. She's pretty extroverted, occasionally showing up at all the major parties, but acting more introverted due to panicking when being spoken to. Velvet always worries she's being judged. She's never experienced hate for being a hybrid/animus, but she still thinks every dragon sees something in her that she misses and that's really bad or annoying. Over times she's learned ways to calm down and enjoy herself. She loves to read and paint. She actually has Chromesthesia, specifically sound-color variant which affects her painting.
Small Bio: Velvet was born to a very rich family with no siblings. To the average Animus-town dragon, she's the closest thing to a purebred. Her family is a huge line of pure icewings and silkwings, and ice/silk hybrids. The animus gene has been selectively added to the family though it's very rare that it takes form. She had very little contact with others, spending most of her time with her extended family that noticed ALL the little details and mistakes, feeding her worry and doubts. The animus before her, her grandma, taught her a lot. Not about her magic, but about the history. Their great-great-great-great-times a hundred-grandfather, Wyvren was an animus, and he went on a rampage, tearing a huge gap in the generations and nearly wiping out his own descendants. Despite this, the family still wanted animi as wish-granting machines for the family.
Gramma Lotus warned Velvet to be careful and never fully comply to her parents will, or else she become a fancy wish-granting decoration. Velvet was easily imprinted on, so she took her gramma's words to heart. She tried to bottle up her magic, not become like Wyvren, and Albatross, and Webbing, and Darkstalker. She started to stop going to the fancy events her parents held where they would show off her magic, hiding in her room to read and relax.
She was shipped off to the Animus School for gifted dragons and was put in the year-round program, her parents hoping they could squash some good culture and elegance into her before she was old enough to be arranged to marry or leave home permanently. So far, their attempts have been fruitless.
Other?:
-Theme song: Never gonna give you up, Never gonna let you down
Oof, the gif and video wouldn't work :'|
-In all seriousness, Riptide by Vance Joy is DEFINITELY her theme song
-Terrified of small rodents
-Can produce a colder form of silk, though it's like plucking hair off your arms, painful and annoying
-0 breath weapons
-Extremely weak immune system
-Is blind in one eye, but it isn't too noticeable visually due to her eye color
Enchanted items:
-A box enchanted to cause what she needed most to appear inside(Enchanted to stop being useful out of fear of her parents using it)
-A little book of nursery rhymes, enchanted to read itself to her when her parents refused to read her another story(Locked away in the attic)
-A quill enchanted to never need to be dipped in ink(Locked away in the attic)
-A necklace enchanted to look super pretty and much prettier than other necklaces at any party (Purposefully lost)
-A tiny embedded jewel in her back enchanted to keep her safe from diseases that would easily kill her that a normal dragon could shrug off, ie a common cold or the flu(Just minor diseases!! She's still a target for major dragon-diseases!)(Gift from Gramma Lotus)
-A stick that she tried to enchant to keep her from being affected by another animi's power but she wiped the spell and destroyed the stick(Permanently gone)
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
Will finish later
Will finish later
My coliseum scavenger hunt progress!
Helping stock the AH, come see!
7zcCDc4.png
@Sprinklez1234

I’d like to join, but I haven’t read the more recent books and don’t really know much about the new continent/dragon breeds. Is that ok? (I think I stopped reading about three books into the Jade mountain arc.)

Also, if I can, could I have a non-animus Skywing/sandwing mix with firescales? I usually would consider it too op but if he’s surrounded with animus dragons it’s not that bad, and could be ‘nullified’ with animus enchantments. If not I’ll just stick to an animus.
@Sprinklez1234

I’d like to join, but I haven’t read the more recent books and don’t really know much about the new continent/dragon breeds. Is that ok? (I think I stopped reading about three books into the Jade mountain arc.)

Also, if I can, could I have a non-animus Skywing/sandwing mix with firescales? I usually would consider it too op but if he’s surrounded with animus dragons it’s not that bad, and could be ‘nullified’ with animus enchantments. If not I’ll just stick to an animus.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
[quote name="@SixCrows" date="2020-11-05 21:44:51" ] @/Sprinklez1234 I’d like to join, but I haven’t read the more recent books and don’t really know much about the new continent/dragon breeds. Is that ok? (I think I stopped reading about three books into the Jade mountain arc.) Also, if I can, could I have a non-animus Skywing/sandwing mix with firescales? I usually would consider it too op but if he’s surrounded with animus dragons it’s not that bad, and could be ‘nullified’ with animus enchantments. If not I’ll just stick to an animus. [/quote] Yes, that's fine! They can perhaps have animus heritage but don't have the animus power :D
@SixCrows wrote on 2020-11-05 21:44:51:
@/Sprinklez1234

Yes, that's fine! They can perhaps have animus heritage but don't have the animus power :D
@AndromedaFlight

You're forgetting something. Look back at the rules. Other than that, you are accepted ;)
@AndromedaFlight

You're forgetting something. Look back at the rules. Other than that, you are accepted ;)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Q3aGVpr.png[/img] Name: K’net Gender: Male Species: Sandwing/skywing mix Appearance: K’net is build like a skywing, but he has a sandwing’s black eyes, barbed tail, and long ‘fin.’ (Is it called a sail?) His color is also off, because while he is a dark red, it is shot through with sandy yellow, and his fin and larger scales take the same coloring. He’s also covered in piercings. He has dozens of little golden rings pierced into the edges of his fins and wings, all enchanted. There are also gold bands on his horns, arms, legs and tail. These were all made out of gold that his mother enchanted to both be resistant to his firescales, and make them cool enough to be safe to touch, though he is still very warm. He can release his fire power by just removing a gold band on his tail barb. The other pieces of jewelry won’t melt, but will stop cooling his scales. Because the jewelry only cools his scales down, any food K’net eats will still burn and when he breathes fire, it is still white hot. He finds keeping his fire contained uncomfortable, and often releases it when he’s alone. The poison in his tail barb does not work, but getting injected with boiling liquid isn’t much better. Personality: He has a tendency to be cocky and brash, but he’s clever, and rather charismatic when he wants to be. He tends to shove the fact that he’s a firescales in people’s faces, and often walks taking up as much space as he can, often causing people to scramble out of his way in fear of burning. He doesn’t mean to do it out of malice. It’s one of the defenses his built up towards dragons who would hate him. He learned very quickly that even in a city of animus, a lot of dragons don’t like him, or what he is. At first he would try to take up as little space as possible and try not to touch anyone, but dragons who hated what he was would still lash out at him for that, and yell at him if, once they got in his space, he accidentally touched them. He also learned this happened a lot less if he acted confident and agressive, and if he was the one taking up space, dragons would get out his way, instead of expecting him to get out of theirs. However, the defenses he’s developed tend to scare off dragons who might otherwise be nice. It’s a sacrifice he’s willing to make in order to deal with less anger. Small Bio: K’net has an animus mother, but no animus powers himself. Instead, he was born with firescales. His mother used some of her power to make him his jewelry so that he won’t kill everyone he touches. His life is better in a city of animus than it would be otherwise, but some dragons still dislike, hate, or fear him for his scales. This was especially true amongst family. His parents were supportive, but his mothers skywing relatives were much less friendly, and some of them blamed him for burning up his twin in the egg, and several of them had convinced themselves that the twin was the one who should have been hatched with animus powers, if K’net hadn’t killed them. That side of the family was very proud of their magic, and even his mother was convinced that K’Net would eventually develop animus magic. He was sent to the School because he is a legacy, his mother and her siblings all went, as well as his grandmother. Also, his parents think it is safer for him to go to a school equipped to handle volatile magic, full of skilled animus teachers, than a school for normal dragonets unprepared to handle something like K’net, who has a tendency to burn parchment and a potential to accidentally kill classmates. Other?: [url= https://youtu.be/Suy-HUWMgww] click[/url] -He often rustles his wings out of habit or as a nervous tick, sort of like fiddling with a ring or fixing your hair
Q3aGVpr.png

Name: K’net
Species: Sandwing/skywing mix
Appearance: K’net is build like a skywing, but he has a sandwing’s black eyes, barbed tail, and long ‘fin.’ (Is it called a sail?) His color is also off, because while he is a dark red, it is shot through with sandy yellow, and his fin and larger scales take the same coloring. He’s also covered in piercings. He has dozens of little golden rings pierced into the edges of his fins and wings, all enchanted. There are also gold bands on his horns, arms, legs and tail. These were all made out of gold that his mother enchanted to both be resistant to his firescales, and make them cool enough to be safe to touch, though he is still very warm. He can release his fire power by just removing a gold band on his tail barb. The other pieces of jewelry won’t melt, but will stop cooling his scales. Because the jewelry only cools his scales down, any food K’net eats will still burn and when he breathes fire, it is still white hot. He finds keeping his fire contained uncomfortable, and often releases it when he’s alone. The poison in his tail barb does not work, but getting injected with boiling liquid isn’t much better.

Personality: He has a tendency to be cocky and brash, but he’s clever, and rather charismatic when he wants to be. He tends to shove the fact that he’s a firescales in people’s faces, and often walks taking up as much space as he can, often causing people to scramble out of his way in fear of burning. He doesn’t mean to do it out of malice. It’s one of the defenses his built up towards dragons who would hate him. He learned very quickly that even in a city of animus, a lot of dragons don’t like him, or what he is. At first he would try to take up as little space as possible and try not to touch anyone, but dragons who hated what he was would still lash out at him for that, and yell at him if, once they got in his space, he accidentally touched them. He also learned this happened a lot less if he acted confident and agressive, and if he was the one taking up space, dragons would get out his way, instead of expecting him to get out of theirs. However, the defenses he’s developed tend to scare off dragons who might otherwise be nice. It’s a sacrifice he’s willing to make in order to deal with less anger.

Small Bio: K’net has an animus mother, but no animus powers himself. Instead, he was born with firescales. His mother used some of her power to make him his jewelry so that he won’t kill everyone he touches. His life is better in a city of animus than it would be otherwise, but some dragons still dislike, hate, or fear him for his scales. This was especially true amongst family. His parents were supportive, but his mothers skywing relatives were much less friendly, and some of them blamed him for burning up his twin in the egg, and several of them had convinced themselves that the twin was the one who should have been hatched with animus powers, if K’net hadn’t killed them. That side of the family was very proud of their magic, and even his mother was convinced that K’Net would eventually develop animus magic. He was sent to the School because he is a legacy, his mother and her siblings all went, as well as his grandmother. Also, his parents think it is safer for him to go to a school equipped to handle volatile magic, full of skilled animus teachers, than a school for normal dragonets unprepared to handle something like K’net, who has a tendency to burn parchment and a potential to accidentally kill classmates.
Other?: click
-He often rustles his wings out of habit or as a nervous tick, sort of like fiddling with a ring or fixing your hair
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
@SixCrows
accepted!
@SixCrows
accepted!
Finally made a backstory for my character! :D
Just to note that the idea of guards in her family are more like good psychologists rather than actual police officers. That’s their idea on keeping the other dragons in the city feel welcome and friendly.
Finally made a backstory for my character! :D
Just to note that the idea of guards in her family are more like good psychologists rather than actual police officers. That’s their idea on keeping the other dragons in the city feel welcome and friendly.
fcfeoHc.pngShe, her|They, them +2 FR time •Roleplayer over 10 years exp
Nice! I love it! [emoji=tundra tongue size=2]
Nice! I love it!
Nice! I love it! [emoji=tundra tongue size=2]
Nice! I love it!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14