Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Chance Meeting and a Secret Message
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Hermes tended to his plants, stopping every few moments to make notes of what he had seen that was different. He gently watered the plant, and tended to the dead leaves, gently pulling them off to give the plant a better chance of surviving. As he continued along his way he stopped when he heard someone ahead of him, tilting his head up when he saw the back of a familiar Nocturne and cleared his throat to announce his presence in hopes of not startling him. "It's good to see you again, Carapace, I hope you are well?" Hermes chuckled as he waited for the other to turn and acknowledge him.

Sirius ran as fast as he could, glancing to his side to see that Styrax suddenly darted to the side before he sighed and darted to the opposite side as he understood what his friend planned, reckless and stupid but it was Styrax.

The half-breed ran along the thickening tree line, an almost eerie smile upon his face. It was probably a reckless move, but they weren't just going to let these ancient behemoths bully and attempt to kill them, and perhaps it was his father in him that drove him to use the thicker underbrush and trees to launch his surprise attack. He only needed to jump onto the back of the closest one, sink his teeth in and rip it while he leapt away and again dove into the thick of the forest, a hunting tactic he had learned from his pack.
Hermes tended to his plants, stopping every few moments to make notes of what he had seen that was different. He gently watered the plant, and tended to the dead leaves, gently pulling them off to give the plant a better chance of surviving. As he continued along his way he stopped when he heard someone ahead of him, tilting his head up when he saw the back of a familiar Nocturne and cleared his throat to announce his presence in hopes of not startling him. "It's good to see you again, Carapace, I hope you are well?" Hermes chuckled as he waited for the other to turn and acknowledge him.

Sirius ran as fast as he could, glancing to his side to see that Styrax suddenly darted to the side before he sighed and darted to the opposite side as he understood what his friend planned, reckless and stupid but it was Styrax.

The half-breed ran along the thickening tree line, an almost eerie smile upon his face. It was probably a reckless move, but they weren't just going to let these ancient behemoths bully and attempt to kill them, and perhaps it was his father in him that drove him to use the thicker underbrush and trees to launch his surprise attack. He only needed to jump onto the back of the closest one, sink his teeth in and rip it while he leapt away and again dove into the thick of the forest, a hunting tactic he had learned from his pack.
Said nocturne paused in his task before turning towards the tundra from behind. A grin was present on his face. "Hermes!" Immediately he stood up to greet the tundra, "How have you been since then? How far along have you been in your morning routine, pal?" He brushed his claws together, dirt falling off of the stained scales. Something about Carapace's appearance changed. The nocturne now donned something that hanged over the middle of his form, a white clothe looking thing that was stained by dirt.

It seemed that the banescales were splitting up as well, the flamebreathing one in the center while the other two split off to attempt to cage the tundras together. However, their wings were slowing them down as is. The central one's mouth began to smoke as it glowed, a telltale sigh there was going to be another attempt. However, it wasn't aimed at Sirius. Instead, the ancient turned it's head towards the floor, and flames shot at the bushes and twigs, lighting them as they went.
Said nocturne paused in his task before turning towards the tundra from behind. A grin was present on his face. "Hermes!" Immediately he stood up to greet the tundra, "How have you been since then? How far along have you been in your morning routine, pal?" He brushed his claws together, dirt falling off of the stained scales. Something about Carapace's appearance changed. The nocturne now donned something that hanged over the middle of his form, a white clothe looking thing that was stained by dirt.

It seemed that the banescales were splitting up as well, the flamebreathing one in the center while the other two split off to attempt to cage the tundras together. However, their wings were slowing them down as is. The central one's mouth began to smoke as it glowed, a telltale sigh there was going to be another attempt. However, it wasn't aimed at Sirius. Instead, the ancient turned it's head towards the floor, and flames shot at the bushes and twigs, lighting them as they went.
"Things have been, relatively well," Hermes greeted with a smile and nod. It was good to see a familiar and friendly face here but he couldn't help but notice his friends new attire and he gestured to it. "Have you gained a new position since I last saw you?" He asked with a slight tilt of his head. It would be a little surprising but Hermes would have to argue it's been a moment since the two of them had seen each other had have been able to stop and talk. "The routine is going well, the plants are thriving well and will be ready to harvest soon."

He's trying to set the whole freaking forest on fire! Sirius thought when he saw the glow of the flames illuminating the air, but in horror he also saw a black dash leap from the side of the forest, knowing without a doubt Styrax was attempting an attack.
"Things have been, relatively well," Hermes greeted with a smile and nod. It was good to see a familiar and friendly face here but he couldn't help but notice his friends new attire and he gestured to it. "Have you gained a new position since I last saw you?" He asked with a slight tilt of his head. It would be a little surprising but Hermes would have to argue it's been a moment since the two of them had seen each other had have been able to stop and talk. "The routine is going well, the plants are thriving well and will be ready to harvest soon."

He's trying to set the whole freaking forest on fire! Sirius thought when he saw the glow of the flames illuminating the air, but in horror he also saw a black dash leap from the side of the forest, knowing without a doubt Styrax was attempting an attack.
"Huh?" Carapace's head tilted to the side before he broke out into a smile. "Oh! No, it's just my uniform for when I actually do my job." He laughed a little before continuing, "It's good to hear that things are going well, my friend!" He looked around, left to right, before leaning towards the tundra. "Say... Why don't we take a stroll around? I think the plants can wait. I don't see your pals around, but I reckon I know where they are."

(which banescale is he attacking for reference?)

There was a cry from one of the ancients, meaning he hit his mark. However, just as quickly the other two of them had darted towards the source of the noise with a roar. They both snapped their jaws at Styrax, aiming to get a grip on the hybrid as magic began to course from their maws and around them.
"Huh?" Carapace's head tilted to the side before he broke out into a smile. "Oh! No, it's just my uniform for when I actually do my job." He laughed a little before continuing, "It's good to hear that things are going well, my friend!" He looked around, left to right, before leaning towards the tundra. "Say... Why don't we take a stroll around? I think the plants can wait. I don't see your pals around, but I reckon I know where they are."

(which banescale is he attacking for reference?)

There was a cry from one of the ancients, meaning he hit his mark. However, just as quickly the other two of them had darted towards the source of the noise with a roar. They both snapped their jaws at Styrax, aiming to get a grip on the hybrid as magic began to course from their maws and around them.
Hermes chuckled slightly and nodded his head. "Why not? We don't get to see each other very often, and as long as we do not take the entire day I don't see why this would cause a problem." He agreed, happy to have a conversation with one of the few dragons that did not hate him from the beginning.

(He went after the one leading the charge)

Styrax's fangs buried deep, before letting go and pushing off the neck to land in the snow and run back into the shadows of the forest, weaving through the trees as running a straight line would get him killed.
Hermes chuckled slightly and nodded his head. "Why not? We don't get to see each other very often, and as long as we do not take the entire day I don't see why this would cause a problem." He agreed, happy to have a conversation with one of the few dragons that did not hate him from the beginning.

(He went after the one leading the charge)

Styrax's fangs buried deep, before letting go and pushing off the neck to land in the snow and run back into the shadows of the forest, weaving through the trees as running a straight line would get him killed.
"Splendid! Why don't we get going?" Carapace smiled before pushing himself to his feet with his wings. After rearranging his tools to be next to the potted plant, he began to walk, weaving in between plants and wandering dragons. Soon, he veered off the path and straight through a lot of foliage and as soon as they emerged from the other side, they found what they were looking for.

Cygnet and Springer were talking amongst themselves, one of them finishing up the last of their writing. The other was talking animatedly before Cygnet reaches over and flicked him in the head, effectively stopping his train of thought.

The projectiles fired, barely missing the hybrid. At the same time, the fire breathing ancient toppled over, blood seeping from where Styrax had bitten him. The flames that ignited on the ground foliage seemed to burn for a few seconds, before the wind inevitably put it out. Whatever the lead banescale had tried, it didn't work.

The two remaining banescales then decided to draw back, taking with them their leader and dragging him away. Branches snapped beneath their weight, leaving behind stained snow barely visible in moonlight. They were gone.
"Splendid! Why don't we get going?" Carapace smiled before pushing himself to his feet with his wings. After rearranging his tools to be next to the potted plant, he began to walk, weaving in between plants and wandering dragons. Soon, he veered off the path and straight through a lot of foliage and as soon as they emerged from the other side, they found what they were looking for.

Cygnet and Springer were talking amongst themselves, one of them finishing up the last of their writing. The other was talking animatedly before Cygnet reaches over and flicked him in the head, effectively stopping his train of thought.

The projectiles fired, barely missing the hybrid. At the same time, the fire breathing ancient toppled over, blood seeping from where Styrax had bitten him. The flames that ignited on the ground foliage seemed to burn for a few seconds, before the wind inevitably put it out. Whatever the lead banescale had tried, it didn't work.

The two remaining banescales then decided to draw back, taking with them their leader and dragging him away. Branches snapped beneath their weight, leaving behind stained snow barely visible in moonlight. They were gone.
Hermes smiled when he saw his friends, finding some amusement in how Cygnet would often get Springer to stop talking, though the tundra found comfort and enjoyment in listening to his friend, perhaps it was because he himself found comfort that someone could be as passionate as he could about medicine, just more animated.

"Springer, Cygnet!" Hermes called to them, raising his claw to wave at his friends as they approached, stopping in front of them. "It is good to see you both this evening, how are you?" He asked as he glanced between the two dragons before looking down at the plants around them. "They seem to be thriving really well," Hermes said with a small nod of his head.

Sirius felt the heat of the blast against his fur, but was never more grateful that the Southern Icefield's winds extinguished the fire instead of fanning it. He watched the Banescales leave before turning to his friend. "Have you lost your ever loving mind?!"

Styrax, for his part, was grinning widely as he wiped the blood from his mouth on the back of his claw before turning to his friend. "Probably," he replied. "But it's kept me alive this long, and it just saved your life." He pointed out as Sirius sat back on his haunches to catch his breath. "Though that was so exciting! I wish the entire pack had been here, they would have enjoyed the hunt...anyway," he moved to walk past Sirius then. "They must be patrolling this area for a reason, I say we continue---" He stopped when Sirius shook his head and sighed. "Fine, we will go back to the others...come on let's take the long way to be safe."
Hermes smiled when he saw his friends, finding some amusement in how Cygnet would often get Springer to stop talking, though the tundra found comfort and enjoyment in listening to his friend, perhaps it was because he himself found comfort that someone could be as passionate as he could about medicine, just more animated.

"Springer, Cygnet!" Hermes called to them, raising his claw to wave at his friends as they approached, stopping in front of them. "It is good to see you both this evening, how are you?" He asked as he glanced between the two dragons before looking down at the plants around them. "They seem to be thriving really well," Hermes said with a small nod of his head.

Sirius felt the heat of the blast against his fur, but was never more grateful that the Southern Icefield's winds extinguished the fire instead of fanning it. He watched the Banescales leave before turning to his friend. "Have you lost your ever loving mind?!"

Styrax, for his part, was grinning widely as he wiped the blood from his mouth on the back of his claw before turning to his friend. "Probably," he replied. "But it's kept me alive this long, and it just saved your life." He pointed out as Sirius sat back on his haunches to catch his breath. "Though that was so exciting! I wish the entire pack had been here, they would have enjoyed the hunt...anyway," he moved to walk past Sirius then. "They must be patrolling this area for a reason, I say we continue---" He stopped when Sirius shook his head and sighed. "Fine, we will go back to the others...come on let's take the long way to be safe."
Both turned their attention to the approaching tundra, one giving a nod of acknowledgement while the other grinned and stood up to approach him. "Hermes! We've been well, we've been well!" Springer would chirp. He then looked down at the plants they've set up in this section of the greenhouse, the purple sprouting flytrap a tad bigger than yesterday and the pitcher plant a little more shapely. Springer would chuckle and rub at the back of his long neck, "Yes, they haven't died on us, thank elevens. To be honest, Viridian Labyrinth plants are harder to kill, only bested by whatever they got growing in the Scarred Wasteland!"

Carapace then stepped into view, and Springer yelped and ducked behind Hermes like the nocturne would set him on fire if he saw him. "Yes, indeed they are!" The gardener would only affirm. "In fact, Hermes, wouldn't you like to pay a visit to those sections for today?"

There was an eerie atmosphere about the air now that everything has calmed down. They couldn't name it, but it was as if they were holding their breathe, waiting for something to happen. That feeling went away as the sun rose, dawn painting the sky and the stars fading away. Still, they haven't left the lands yet even if the tension went.

The area then began notably smelled different, as if several dragons have passed by here before. However, it was a completely foreign scent, even if there were dots of Cryostan stench around here. Even more notable was the figure of someone in the distance, standing there as if confused and in a daze, looking around with a certain grogginess. A ridgeback, to be exact. Due to the dragon's size, it was easy to pick them out among the landscape.
Both turned their attention to the approaching tundra, one giving a nod of acknowledgement while the other grinned and stood up to approach him. "Hermes! We've been well, we've been well!" Springer would chirp. He then looked down at the plants they've set up in this section of the greenhouse, the purple sprouting flytrap a tad bigger than yesterday and the pitcher plant a little more shapely. Springer would chuckle and rub at the back of his long neck, "Yes, they haven't died on us, thank elevens. To be honest, Viridian Labyrinth plants are harder to kill, only bested by whatever they got growing in the Scarred Wasteland!"

Carapace then stepped into view, and Springer yelped and ducked behind Hermes like the nocturne would set him on fire if he saw him. "Yes, indeed they are!" The gardener would only affirm. "In fact, Hermes, wouldn't you like to pay a visit to those sections for today?"

There was an eerie atmosphere about the air now that everything has calmed down. They couldn't name it, but it was as if they were holding their breathe, waiting for something to happen. That feeling went away as the sun rose, dawn painting the sky and the stars fading away. Still, they haven't left the lands yet even if the tension went.

The area then began notably smelled different, as if several dragons have passed by here before. However, it was a completely foreign scent, even if there were dots of Cryostan stench around here. Even more notable was the figure of someone in the distance, standing there as if confused and in a daze, looking around with a certain grogginess. A ridgeback, to be exact. Due to the dragon's size, it was easy to pick them out among the landscape.
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60