Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Chance Meeting and a Secret Message
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 59 60
Hermes blinked as Springer was rambling on faster than the Tundra would be able to discern what he was saying.

Though when he saw Cygnet his smile grew as Hermes considered him his second closest friend, and was the one who could easily bring Springer back under control.

"Hey Cygnet," Hermes greeted with a polite nod of his head. "I was just asking Springer if he knew anything about Gaoler's, since Moraine brought the breed up and I have never heard of them before...or at least that I remember.

Sirius and Styrax looked slightly annoyed at the fact that they had lost the trail, but they continued making their way towards the den, if anything perhaps they would be able to re-catch the scent there so that they could track the Banescales down and, hopefully, run into the Pearlcatcher.
Hermes blinked as Springer was rambling on faster than the Tundra would be able to discern what he was saying.

Though when he saw Cygnet his smile grew as Hermes considered him his second closest friend, and was the one who could easily bring Springer back under control.

"Hey Cygnet," Hermes greeted with a polite nod of his head. "I was just asking Springer if he knew anything about Gaoler's, since Moraine brought the breed up and I have never heard of them before...or at least that I remember.

Sirius and Styrax looked slightly annoyed at the fact that they had lost the trail, but they continued making their way towards the den, if anything perhaps they would be able to re-catch the scent there so that they could track the Banescales down and, hopefully, run into the Pearlcatcher.
"Gaolers? As far as everyone knows, they are among Icewarden's first creations and we are pretty much at war with them," Cygnet would say. Springer pouted a little, "That's what I was saying!" Cygnet huffed before looking out towards the gate that still seemed to remain closed. "Anyways, I suspect there is an hour of time left before the gate opens and they call us to get dinner. Bombyx asked me to retrieve a book so I'll be going."

Springer frowned, "Really? Couldn't you get it tomorrow?" Cygnet shook his head, "It's not a long walk." Springer snorted, "That's because you have long legs." Cygnet lightly wacked the spiral for that. "Okay! Okay!" The spiral rubbed at his face where the tail tuft tickled at him, "Still, it wouldn't hurt for us to come along, right? I mean..."

"Don't you have notes to review?" Cygnet shot him down. Springer waved his hand dismissively, "I can review it this night. Hey Hermes, what do you think?"

They would find themselves going down the den and following the scent tracks. As they went through the winding cave system, they caught a new scent. It was fresh, a stronger musk over the smell of death, soot, and smell of herb. Perhaps the rest wouldn't know what it is, but Sirius could detect the familiarity of it.

It was a gaoler.

And it seemed the dragon was in here, yet to be found.
"Gaolers? As far as everyone knows, they are among Icewarden's first creations and we are pretty much at war with them," Cygnet would say. Springer pouted a little, "That's what I was saying!" Cygnet huffed before looking out towards the gate that still seemed to remain closed. "Anyways, I suspect there is an hour of time left before the gate opens and they call us to get dinner. Bombyx asked me to retrieve a book so I'll be going."

Springer frowned, "Really? Couldn't you get it tomorrow?" Cygnet shook his head, "It's not a long walk." Springer snorted, "That's because you have long legs." Cygnet lightly wacked the spiral for that. "Okay! Okay!" The spiral rubbed at his face where the tail tuft tickled at him, "Still, it wouldn't hurt for us to come along, right? I mean..."

"Don't you have notes to review?" Cygnet shot him down. Springer waved his hand dismissively, "I can review it this night. Hey Hermes, what do you think?"

They would find themselves going down the den and following the scent tracks. As they went through the winding cave system, they caught a new scent. It was fresh, a stronger musk over the smell of death, soot, and smell of herb. Perhaps the rest wouldn't know what it is, but Sirius could detect the familiarity of it.

It was a gaoler.

And it seemed the dragon was in here, yet to be found.
Hermes gave his friend a small smile and rested a talon on his shoulder as he listened to the two of them talking. The Tundra turned his gaze towards the gate when his attention was drawn to it and then glanced towards the sky that was slowly fading to early evening.

"I think it's better if you do not travel alone with it becoming so close to night," the young Healer said as he turned back to face his friends. "Safety in numbers is always recommended and at the moment both of us are free so I don't see how it would interfere with anything to accompany you." It would make Hermes feel better if they were altogether, especially given the knowledge he had of dragons disappearing quite frequently from the clan.

"Let's get going then!" He said with a smile. "It's better if we do not waste anymore time talking, the sooner we get what you need the sooner we can return to the safety of the clan."

Sirius sniffed the air, catching the scent of Gaoler and he couldn't hide the widening of his eyes as that was not the smell that he had been expecting. He looked at Styrax for a moment as he could tell the other Tundra caught the strange scent but he had no experience with the ancient breed so he seemed confused by a scent that he couldn't place. Sirius jerked his head slightly to signal the other to follow him as the black Tundra followed the scent, moving quietly towards the scent through the tunnels that Sirius had grown up in.

Styrax found some excitement in the new scent, his eyes almost glowing with the magic that flowed through his veins. He moved quietly and a little more smoothly than his friend, his powerful claws helping him cling to the wall to sneak and get up high to get an advantage point over the strange scent.

Sirius moved through the tunnels, following one that angled up towards a ledge, lowering himself as much as he could to the ground and slowly crept forward, moving as silently as possible as he watched his friend move along the wall and creep up higher and behind frozen stalactites.
Hermes gave his friend a small smile and rested a talon on his shoulder as he listened to the two of them talking. The Tundra turned his gaze towards the gate when his attention was drawn to it and then glanced towards the sky that was slowly fading to early evening.

"I think it's better if you do not travel alone with it becoming so close to night," the young Healer said as he turned back to face his friends. "Safety in numbers is always recommended and at the moment both of us are free so I don't see how it would interfere with anything to accompany you." It would make Hermes feel better if they were altogether, especially given the knowledge he had of dragons disappearing quite frequently from the clan.

"Let's get going then!" He said with a smile. "It's better if we do not waste anymore time talking, the sooner we get what you need the sooner we can return to the safety of the clan."

Sirius sniffed the air, catching the scent of Gaoler and he couldn't hide the widening of his eyes as that was not the smell that he had been expecting. He looked at Styrax for a moment as he could tell the other Tundra caught the strange scent but he had no experience with the ancient breed so he seemed confused by a scent that he couldn't place. Sirius jerked his head slightly to signal the other to follow him as the black Tundra followed the scent, moving quietly towards the scent through the tunnels that Sirius had grown up in.

Styrax found some excitement in the new scent, his eyes almost glowing with the magic that flowed through his veins. He moved quietly and a little more smoothly than his friend, his powerful claws helping him cling to the wall to sneak and get up high to get an advantage point over the strange scent.

Sirius moved through the tunnels, following one that angled up towards a ledge, lowering himself as much as he could to the ground and slowly crept forward, moving as silently as possible as he watched his friend move along the wall and creep up higher and behind frozen stalactites.
Cygnet looked between the both of them and sighed. Immediately a wide smile grew on Springer’s face. He knew they have won. “Alright, let us go then,” Cygnet would say and began making his way towards the doors.

The trudge towards the library was a bit hurried, given that it’s quite the walk and neither of them wanted to miss dinner or even curfew time. There was no trouble to be encountered along the way and they all slid into the library just fine.

Cygnet turned to his friends. “I’ll to get my book quickly, if you guys want a book, I suppose we can meet back at the checkout zone. Otherwise, I guess you can look in the waiting area.” With that, the imperial turned and went towards the tallest bookshelves near the center and walked away.

Springer looked to Hermes, “Got anything you’d want to look for? I really don’t need anything to be honest. I thought I’d need a walk.”

If they were to look over the ledge and into the area where the trio once stayed in, they could see something moving about. At first it looked like a tundra, except they would soon realize that the fur was too shaggy, the wings looked more like a pair of appendages, and the horns were rather a pair of antlers. Not only that, but what looked to be bits of crystal or rock was visibly peeking out the mounds of fur, covering the shoulders and flank.

Sirius would also realize something. Whereas a gaoler was gargantuan, this one was surprisingly small. Their frame did not fill up the room as much and he could possibly estimate the ancient to be around his side. A satchel hung by the dragon’s side as they scurried around the room, sniffing at things while frantically turning their head around. The expression seemed to be indiscernible but the body language seemed to convey a sense of panic.

At last, the gaoler flopped down on their hindquarters and the voice of a squeaky adolescent came out. “Ohhh…. What will I do now? First important thing I have to do and everyone is gone!”
Cygnet looked between the both of them and sighed. Immediately a wide smile grew on Springer’s face. He knew they have won. “Alright, let us go then,” Cygnet would say and began making his way towards the doors.

The trudge towards the library was a bit hurried, given that it’s quite the walk and neither of them wanted to miss dinner or even curfew time. There was no trouble to be encountered along the way and they all slid into the library just fine.

Cygnet turned to his friends. “I’ll to get my book quickly, if you guys want a book, I suppose we can meet back at the checkout zone. Otherwise, I guess you can look in the waiting area.” With that, the imperial turned and went towards the tallest bookshelves near the center and walked away.

Springer looked to Hermes, “Got anything you’d want to look for? I really don’t need anything to be honest. I thought I’d need a walk.”

If they were to look over the ledge and into the area where the trio once stayed in, they could see something moving about. At first it looked like a tundra, except they would soon realize that the fur was too shaggy, the wings looked more like a pair of appendages, and the horns were rather a pair of antlers. Not only that, but what looked to be bits of crystal or rock was visibly peeking out the mounds of fur, covering the shoulders and flank.

Sirius would also realize something. Whereas a gaoler was gargantuan, this one was surprisingly small. Their frame did not fill up the room as much and he could possibly estimate the ancient to be around his side. A satchel hung by the dragon’s side as they scurried around the room, sniffing at things while frantically turning their head around. The expression seemed to be indiscernible but the body language seemed to convey a sense of panic.

At last, the gaoler flopped down on their hindquarters and the voice of a squeaky adolescent came out. “Ohhh…. What will I do now? First important thing I have to do and everyone is gone!”
The walk went without a problem, and Hermes would like to think it would have been that way if the Imperial had walked alone, but something in his heart told him that might not be entirely true.

The library was still one of his favorite places he had been introduced to. The smell of books and the calm atmosphere filled him with a sense of peace that he thought he could only get while working on making medicine or gathering herbs in peace. This was a place he could see himself retreating to quite frequently.

"I wouldn't mind browsing," he told Springer with a smile. "If you don't mind accompanying me?"

The Tundra made his way over to some of the bookshelves. He still had the book he had borrowed the last time he had been here, the one that had spoken of the clans history. He was still reading and taking notes on it, and he most likely would keep it until the date assigned to return it. There was a lot of information within that tome but it had lead only to more questions, which meant more delving into other books to try and find the answers, but Hermes knew enough that the answers he truly sought would be within the Town Hall, and if he wanted in there he had to win the competition.

Sirius and Styrax exchanged a confused look with each other. Sirius turned his gaze back to the, clearly young, Gaoler. He had never seen an adolescent of this kind, but to be fair he had never even seen an adult until a few days ago. If this dragon was a threat, he was alone and there were two adult dragons who should be able to handle themselves against one Gaoler. Though to under estimate an enemy would be a quick way to get themselves killed as they didn't know how skilled the youth actually was.

Styrax, however, was not one for caution when he was confident that he could win. Perhaps that was the Mirror dragon blood that flowed through his veins. Whichever the reason, the half-breed quickly made his way down the wall behind the Gaoler, his four eyes glowing an almost gold as he was focused on his target. His mouth opened in a slight hiss and it was all the warning the Gaoler would get before the bulky Tundra dragon struck, lunging off the wall and slamming his talons into the back of the shoulders to slam him, face down, into the ground.

"And what...important thing is that you have to do?" Styrax asked with a low hiss as he held down his target.
The walk went without a problem, and Hermes would like to think it would have been that way if the Imperial had walked alone, but something in his heart told him that might not be entirely true.

The library was still one of his favorite places he had been introduced to. The smell of books and the calm atmosphere filled him with a sense of peace that he thought he could only get while working on making medicine or gathering herbs in peace. This was a place he could see himself retreating to quite frequently.

"I wouldn't mind browsing," he told Springer with a smile. "If you don't mind accompanying me?"

The Tundra made his way over to some of the bookshelves. He still had the book he had borrowed the last time he had been here, the one that had spoken of the clans history. He was still reading and taking notes on it, and he most likely would keep it until the date assigned to return it. There was a lot of information within that tome but it had lead only to more questions, which meant more delving into other books to try and find the answers, but Hermes knew enough that the answers he truly sought would be within the Town Hall, and if he wanted in there he had to win the competition.

Sirius and Styrax exchanged a confused look with each other. Sirius turned his gaze back to the, clearly young, Gaoler. He had never seen an adolescent of this kind, but to be fair he had never even seen an adult until a few days ago. If this dragon was a threat, he was alone and there were two adult dragons who should be able to handle themselves against one Gaoler. Though to under estimate an enemy would be a quick way to get themselves killed as they didn't know how skilled the youth actually was.

Styrax, however, was not one for caution when he was confident that he could win. Perhaps that was the Mirror dragon blood that flowed through his veins. Whichever the reason, the half-breed quickly made his way down the wall behind the Gaoler, his four eyes glowing an almost gold as he was focused on his target. His mouth opened in a slight hiss and it was all the warning the Gaoler would get before the bulky Tundra dragon struck, lunging off the wall and slamming his talons into the back of the shoulders to slam him, face down, into the ground.

"And what...important thing is that you have to do?" Styrax asked with a low hiss as he held down his target.
"Of course!" As the two went about browsing the section, Springer began to speak, figuring that no one else was around for it to be a problem since it was nearly closing time. "You know, I am a bit jealous of dragons who enjoy reading. Ragweed in the last few years has put a lot of emphasis on why reading is important, but half of the time I never get to it or I go through the entire book and process nothing!" He let out a chuckle, staring at a book.

"It's honestly a bit of a miracle that I managed to make it this far. Ragweed has been real understanding of it too, you know, he used to have the same issue as me. I don't get how he did it, buthedidsayhewould?"

"The library is still not closed."

It was a deadpan and almost quiet voice, but it never failed to make Springer yelp and jolt in place. He turned to the owner of the voice. "Oh! Pashmina, heading out, are you?"

The fluffy tundra merely just stared before Springer began to chuckle nervously.

As the young ancient lamented in his thoughts, it was interrupted by Styrax pouncing on him, and to that, he immediately let out a muffled scream. The young dragon did not hear him, overcome by a sense of panic as his "wings" flailed at fur and hind legs kicked at air.

"WWWWWAAAAHHHH!! DON'T KILL ME!"
"Of course!" As the two went about browsing the section, Springer began to speak, figuring that no one else was around for it to be a problem since it was nearly closing time. "You know, I am a bit jealous of dragons who enjoy reading. Ragweed in the last few years has put a lot of emphasis on why reading is important, but half of the time I never get to it or I go through the entire book and process nothing!" He let out a chuckle, staring at a book.

"It's honestly a bit of a miracle that I managed to make it this far. Ragweed has been real understanding of it too, you know, he used to have the same issue as me. I don't get how he did it, buthedidsayhewould?"

"The library is still not closed."

It was a deadpan and almost quiet voice, but it never failed to make Springer yelp and jolt in place. He turned to the owner of the voice. "Oh! Pashmina, heading out, are you?"

The fluffy tundra merely just stared before Springer began to chuckle nervously.

As the young ancient lamented in his thoughts, it was interrupted by Styrax pouncing on him, and to that, he immediately let out a muffled scream. The young dragon did not hear him, overcome by a sense of panic as his "wings" flailed at fur and hind legs kicked at air.

"WWWWWAAAAHHHH!! DON'T KILL ME!"
Hermes listened to his friend, at at this point he had become quite use to the run on sentences and excitement that the Spiral let out and so he didn't really think about where they were until the voice had spoken up and it caught him by surprise enough to cause him to jump.

Hermes turned and looked at the older Tundra and gave a nervous smile before bowing his head apologetically. "I am sorry, we will keep our voices down...we didn't mean to be disruptive." He said apologetically, hoping to soothe the librarians ire for the moment.

Hermes gently pushed against his friend, as if to guide him away from the librarian and go down further down the isle to become lost in looking for books and not being stared at so judgmentally.

Once they had made some distance, Hermes placed a talon over his snout to keep himself from giggling too loudly and once more getting scolded by Pashmina once more.

"Along with helping you with reading, perhaps we should work on your whispering?" Hermes asked with a small smile as he gently placed a talon on his friends shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

"Styrax, let him up!" Sirius said as he carefully descended down, gliding with his wings before landing on the ground. "Who are you?" Sirius would ask when Styrax let the young Gaoler up.

Styrax snorted as he sat down beside his friend, staring down at the younger dragon with a smirk, actually having enjoyed the panic that the other had been feeling moments before.
Hermes listened to his friend, at at this point he had become quite use to the run on sentences and excitement that the Spiral let out and so he didn't really think about where they were until the voice had spoken up and it caught him by surprise enough to cause him to jump.

Hermes turned and looked at the older Tundra and gave a nervous smile before bowing his head apologetically. "I am sorry, we will keep our voices down...we didn't mean to be disruptive." He said apologetically, hoping to soothe the librarians ire for the moment.

Hermes gently pushed against his friend, as if to guide him away from the librarian and go down further down the isle to become lost in looking for books and not being stared at so judgmentally.

Once they had made some distance, Hermes placed a talon over his snout to keep himself from giggling too loudly and once more getting scolded by Pashmina once more.

"Along with helping you with reading, perhaps we should work on your whispering?" Hermes asked with a small smile as he gently placed a talon on his friends shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

"Styrax, let him up!" Sirius said as he carefully descended down, gliding with his wings before landing on the ground. "Who are you?" Sirius would ask when Styrax let the young Gaoler up.

Styrax snorted as he sat down beside his friend, staring down at the younger dragon with a smirk, actually having enjoyed the panic that the other had been feeling moments before.
“Ehehe, yeah…” Springer would rub the back of his neck sheepishly, voice becoming a bit more quieter. He did not quite realize when the hidden stare was left off of them. Since Springer was not quite facing the library assistant, he didn’t notice that as Pashmina left, a slip of paper fell out from the tundra’s wooly coat and fell onto the ground.

“A bit unlucky that we had to run into ‘em twice… I swear the other library helpers aren’t this unnerving when they get upset over breaking library rules…” Springer would whisper. “Actually… Verdana’s a bit worse, sheactuallygetssnappier…” Once more, he became entranced in the speaking, not quite paying attention to the book cover he was staring at.

For some time, the gaoler continued flailing and screaming, until he realized the weight was lifted off. Looking around, he scrambled backwards, nearly knocking into the table.

“Who are you? Are you from Cryosta?!” Mind still reeling from the previous events, he was visibly shaking a little. His fur bristled outwards, as if to make him bigger, but it only made him look fluffier.

The satchel hung limply from the adolescent’s side, and through the smell of moose flesh that permeated the air from them not removing it prior to fleeing, Sirius would now make out Skadi’s scent coming from the satchel.
“Ehehe, yeah…” Springer would rub the back of his neck sheepishly, voice becoming a bit more quieter. He did not quite realize when the hidden stare was left off of them. Since Springer was not quite facing the library assistant, he didn’t notice that as Pashmina left, a slip of paper fell out from the tundra’s wooly coat and fell onto the ground.

“A bit unlucky that we had to run into ‘em twice… I swear the other library helpers aren’t this unnerving when they get upset over breaking library rules…” Springer would whisper. “Actually… Verdana’s a bit worse, sheactuallygetssnappier…” Once more, he became entranced in the speaking, not quite paying attention to the book cover he was staring at.

For some time, the gaoler continued flailing and screaming, until he realized the weight was lifted off. Looking around, he scrambled backwards, nearly knocking into the table.

“Who are you? Are you from Cryosta?!” Mind still reeling from the previous events, he was visibly shaking a little. His fur bristled outwards, as if to make him bigger, but it only made him look fluffier.

The satchel hung limply from the adolescent’s side, and through the smell of moose flesh that permeated the air from them not removing it prior to fleeing, Sirius would now make out Skadi’s scent coming from the satchel.
Hermes did not notice the paper originally fall from the tundra, but he did notice it when he glanced back to make sure that she was gone. Slowly, Hermes made his way over to it and carefully picked up the paper, turning it over in his talon before looking up to see that she was gone. For a moment he thought of chasing after her to return it, but curiosity had gotten the better of the young healer and he slowly began to unfold the paper to see what was written on it, still hearing his friend rambling on in the distance but hadn't quite noticed that Hermes had walked away, far too focused on the conversation he had been having to realize that no one was around to be listening to him.

"What is this?"

Sirius and Styrax exchanged a look between each other before the four eyed Tundra let out a loud laugh and Sirius smacked his friend with his tail to stop the other from laughing like he was. Sirius had caught the familiar scent of the older Gaoler that had been guarding them and had actually taken the time to discuss what was going on with Sirius and seemed to be genuine in her want to help, so he would trust that this young Gaoler was her assistant.

"No, we are not from Cryosta," Sirius said as he placed a talon on the center of his own chest. "I am Sirius, I am the Tundra that has been talking with Skadi, and I can smell her on you." He said as he walked forward and gave the young dragon a sympathetic expression. "We had to flee for our lives, so we were a little on edge about a strange dragon in our home."

Styrax snorted as he was finally bringing himself to stop laughing, but he moved to stand behind the other dragon, as if to make sure he was in a position to lunge incase something went wrong.
Hermes did not notice the paper originally fall from the tundra, but he did notice it when he glanced back to make sure that she was gone. Slowly, Hermes made his way over to it and carefully picked up the paper, turning it over in his talon before looking up to see that she was gone. For a moment he thought of chasing after her to return it, but curiosity had gotten the better of the young healer and he slowly began to unfold the paper to see what was written on it, still hearing his friend rambling on in the distance but hadn't quite noticed that Hermes had walked away, far too focused on the conversation he had been having to realize that no one was around to be listening to him.

"What is this?"

Sirius and Styrax exchanged a look between each other before the four eyed Tundra let out a loud laugh and Sirius smacked his friend with his tail to stop the other from laughing like he was. Sirius had caught the familiar scent of the older Gaoler that had been guarding them and had actually taken the time to discuss what was going on with Sirius and seemed to be genuine in her want to help, so he would trust that this young Gaoler was her assistant.

"No, we are not from Cryosta," Sirius said as he placed a talon on the center of his own chest. "I am Sirius, I am the Tundra that has been talking with Skadi, and I can smell her on you." He said as he walked forward and gave the young dragon a sympathetic expression. "We had to flee for our lives, so we were a little on edge about a strange dragon in our home."

Styrax snorted as he was finally bringing himself to stop laughing, but he moved to stand behind the other dragon, as if to make sure he was in a position to lunge incase something went wrong.
It seemed to be a musical sheet, each note meticulously etched in. There wasn't anything peculiar about it from first glance, and flipping it to the back he would see that it was one sided. As far as he could see, there was also no title for the composition. It was merely a music sheet.

"...AndwhenAndresawmeflyinguptotheshelfhepanicedandpulledoutaladder..." In the couple of seconds Hermes took to look at the dropped sheet of paper, it seemed that Springer swiftly moved on with his experiences with the library helpers. If Hermes were to look down from where Pashmina came from, he could see a snapper dragon sitting at a desk, seemingly waiting for the last of the library wanderers to finish up.

At that, the gaoler seemed visibly relieved, though he shot a look at Styrax for what he percieved to be mockery. He finally turned back to Sirius, "Oh, right, Sirius! Skadi told me to go find you and two others called Calendula and Eira... Um..." He looked around the room as if making sure, "They aren't here with you as far as I can see and smell. Where are they?"

It was then that a look of worry passed the adolescent's face. "They didn't get caught by the banescales or Cryosta, did they? I smelled them passing through here, and I thought they got here first before I did."
It seemed to be a musical sheet, each note meticulously etched in. There wasn't anything peculiar about it from first glance, and flipping it to the back he would see that it was one sided. As far as he could see, there was also no title for the composition. It was merely a music sheet.

"...AndwhenAndresawmeflyinguptotheshelfhepanicedandpulledoutaladder..." In the couple of seconds Hermes took to look at the dropped sheet of paper, it seemed that Springer swiftly moved on with his experiences with the library helpers. If Hermes were to look down from where Pashmina came from, he could see a snapper dragon sitting at a desk, seemingly waiting for the last of the library wanderers to finish up.

At that, the gaoler seemed visibly relieved, though he shot a look at Styrax for what he percieved to be mockery. He finally turned back to Sirius, "Oh, right, Sirius! Skadi told me to go find you and two others called Calendula and Eira... Um..." He looked around the room as if making sure, "They aren't here with you as far as I can see and smell. Where are they?"

It was then that a look of worry passed the adolescent's face. "They didn't get caught by the banescales or Cryosta, did they? I smelled them passing through here, and I thought they got here first before I did."
1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 59 60