Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | BNHA Next Generation (IC)
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Kurai had been listening, but she honestly couldn't say she had taken any of the information in. Her breathing was becoming more and more erratic, no matter how hard she tried. She could tell falling was inevitable, but she refused to risk pulling any of the others down with her.
She ducked her head, and turned to the group. She needed an excuse.
"I'm gonna go, uh, scout the area. "
Before the others could respond, she walked away. It was a flimsy excuse, to be honest, she just hoped the other students wouldn't think too far into it.

Without realising, it her walk had turned into a run. Knowing she was far enough away she wouldn't be heard or seen, she sunk back against a tree, pulled off her mask, and let the feelings she had been supressing the whole day wash over her. She didn't try to resist - nobody was here to see her weakness, and she was far enough away from the others she wasn't a danger. Because that was all she was, wasn't it? All her so-called "power" did was hurt people. Her parents always said it was part of her, that she should accept it, but the kids at school were right. All it did was hurt people, put people in danger. It was evil, the power of a villain. She could never be a hero with a power like that.

But there were no rules against designing a new one.

Once the tears had stopped, she leant back against the tree and sighed.
She would go back, she would.
Just...
One more minute.
Kurai had been listening, but she honestly couldn't say she had taken any of the information in. Her breathing was becoming more and more erratic, no matter how hard she tried. She could tell falling was inevitable, but she refused to risk pulling any of the others down with her.
She ducked her head, and turned to the group. She needed an excuse.
"I'm gonna go, uh, scout the area. "
Before the others could respond, she walked away. It was a flimsy excuse, to be honest, she just hoped the other students wouldn't think too far into it.

Without realising, it her walk had turned into a run. Knowing she was far enough away she wouldn't be heard or seen, she sunk back against a tree, pulled off her mask, and let the feelings she had been supressing the whole day wash over her. She didn't try to resist - nobody was here to see her weakness, and she was far enough away from the others she wasn't a danger. Because that was all she was, wasn't it? All her so-called "power" did was hurt people. Her parents always said it was part of her, that she should accept it, but the kids at school were right. All it did was hurt people, put people in danger. It was evil, the power of a villain. She could never be a hero with a power like that.

But there were no rules against designing a new one.

Once the tears had stopped, she leant back against the tree and sighed.
She would go back, she would.
Just...
One more minute.
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
[center][font=Gabriola][size=7][size=4][color=Cyan]AURE[/color][/size][/size][/font][/center] Aure's eyes darted carefully around their surroundings, honestly it was a pleasant enough location, it would probably look wonderful any other day... He paused just long enough to listen to the rest of the conversation before canting his head at the suddenly moving away Kurai... There was a pause.. "Spli..splitting up is a terrible idea?.." Had been said, but it was just a bit too late... They were already out of earshot, Aure's eyes were focused on them.. The golden gaze trailing through the forest... guess that meant no fire for now, So aure moved over to a tree...and sloowly ran the golden claw hand down and across it, clawing in a few small but intricate designs.. "As much as im fond of the constant chattering back and fourth, Perhaps we should settle on something and move along?...plans tend to collapse, specially in situations of discomfort and uncertainty..and..." He trailed off, before sighing.. [right][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/720668022196535378/759808640881918032/aure_for_post.png[/img][/right]
AURE

Aure's eyes darted carefully around their surroundings, honestly it was a pleasant enough location, it would probably look wonderful any other day...
He paused just long enough to listen to the rest of the conversation before canting his head at the suddenly moving away Kurai...
There was a pause..

"Spli..splitting up is a terrible idea?.." Had been said, but it was just a bit too late...
They were already out of earshot, Aure's eyes were focused on them.. The golden gaze trailing through the forest...
guess that meant no fire for now, So aure moved over to a tree...and sloowly ran the golden claw hand down and across it, clawing in a few small but intricate designs..
"As much as im fond of the constant chattering back and fourth, Perhaps we should settle on something and move along?...plans tend to collapse, specially in situations of discomfort and uncertainty..and..." He trailed off, before sighing..

aure_for_post.png
_
I like to RP
_
If ya see any of my dragons you like! hit me up!
Nao nodded at the others again, though it was something of an ambiguous motion, since they didn't have much more to say. Although, that sweet limitation could prove to be a problem...
Turning to look at Yume, they scrawled a quick message in the dirt. How long will your sweets last?

After a bit of thought, they knelt down and added another note. Where should we hide?

They looked around, noting plenty of trees, but not a lot of good hiding spots right away. Unless they could climb a tree? But there was that bird-guy, if he flew around he could definitely spot a tree that was bent oddly...
maybe a dip in the ground somewhere? Or some underbrush...

Nao sighed. Their costume's colors really weren't great for hiding, which meant that their best bet for hiding was Yume's illusions.... but there was a definite chance that said illusions wouldn't last long enough, depending on the specifics of Yume's quirk....
Darn.
Nao nodded at the others again, though it was something of an ambiguous motion, since they didn't have much more to say. Although, that sweet limitation could prove to be a problem...
Turning to look at Yume, they scrawled a quick message in the dirt. How long will your sweets last?

After a bit of thought, they knelt down and added another note. Where should we hide?

They looked around, noting plenty of trees, but not a lot of good hiding spots right away. Unless they could climb a tree? But there was that bird-guy, if he flew around he could definitely spot a tree that was bent oddly...
maybe a dip in the ground somewhere? Or some underbrush...

Nao sighed. Their costume's colors really weren't great for hiding, which meant that their best bet for hiding was Yume's illusions.... but there was a definite chance that said illusions wouldn't last long enough, depending on the specifics of Yume's quirk....
Darn.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
"--Uhm, I could scout out the area if I'm really careful and hide in buildings sometimes."

Grant piped up, raising one of his wings as if politely raising his hand. Then, lowering his hand, he began thinking -- drawing up little 'diagrams' in his head.

...Then, he crouched down, and began drawing it out using the dirt, since he was awful at visualizing things.

"We could make an area to trap them in, I think. But we need a backup plan, a-and with an illusionist around, we won't know anything for sure."

He paused for a moment, noticing Kurai run off rather suddenly -- which seemed to heavily derail his train of thought. The birdbrained boy stood up, and watched her leave.

"--Uhm, should I go with her? I'm a good scout as well, right? I could help."

...The boy went down to sketching out a dirt diagram, which now resembled a small 'crater' in place of a proper area, surrounded by buildings. It seemed, by the diagram he had drawn, that he much preferred cover for their action plan -- after all, he knew full well how badly he could be injured if he didn't have it.

Then, after drawing the questionable diagram, the boy stood up, fluttering his wings a bit to get the dirt off of him.

"--I dunno what to do, but we should have two traps located. A stronger one that stays still, and a weaker one that can move about. W-With some scouting, we could probably figure out likely positions for them to go."

...After a few moments in thought, he glanced back to where Kurai had moved off.

"--Uhm, I should probably scout too, right? I can convene with Miss Kurai and tell her the plan, if that's okay, and we can look for good spots! Then we reconvene with you guys somewhere."
"--Uhm, I could scout out the area if I'm really careful and hide in buildings sometimes."

Grant piped up, raising one of his wings as if politely raising his hand. Then, lowering his hand, he began thinking -- drawing up little 'diagrams' in his head.

...Then, he crouched down, and began drawing it out using the dirt, since he was awful at visualizing things.

"We could make an area to trap them in, I think. But we need a backup plan, a-and with an illusionist around, we won't know anything for sure."

He paused for a moment, noticing Kurai run off rather suddenly -- which seemed to heavily derail his train of thought. The birdbrained boy stood up, and watched her leave.

"--Uhm, should I go with her? I'm a good scout as well, right? I could help."

...The boy went down to sketching out a dirt diagram, which now resembled a small 'crater' in place of a proper area, surrounded by buildings. It seemed, by the diagram he had drawn, that he much preferred cover for their action plan -- after all, he knew full well how badly he could be injured if he didn't have it.

Then, after drawing the questionable diagram, the boy stood up, fluttering his wings a bit to get the dirt off of him.

"--I dunno what to do, but we should have two traps located. A stronger one that stays still, and a weaker one that can move about. W-With some scouting, we could probably figure out likely positions for them to go."

...After a few moments in thought, he glanced back to where Kurai had moved off.

"--Uhm, I should probably scout too, right? I can convene with Miss Kurai and tell her the plan, if that's okay, and we can look for good spots! Then we reconvene with you guys somewhere."
I’m not stupid! I’m just dumb.

He/Him|FGO Addict|One hour ahead of FR time.|Ask me about my mailing list.
Arashi looked around, thankful for all the trees. They could provide some cover for Yume and Nao, and the deeper they went into the forest the harder it would be for the villains to find them. Even so... they needed to be aware of each other’s locations. If they were found quickly and none of the other heroes knew their whereabouts it would be a quick lose for them. So they’d need somewhere close, but still discreet. Maybe a ditch under a fallen log? The villains could end up walking over it and not realizing there was anyone there. It seemed to be a fairly difficult situation.

“We should scout the forest maybe? Find somewhere kind of close but not very easy to find or recognize that a person is there. If it comes down to it, I can quickly get to both of you and attempt to provide you some cover while you run. I can make myself go pretty fast, faster than I went when Bakugo-Sensei tested us...” he realized it probably sounded weird saying that, but he had his own reasons for holding back, mostly about the safety of him and his classmates.

“Since time will be a problem with your illusions Yume, it’s even more important to find somewhere hidden so that you don’t have to have them constantly activated. Since you’ll have Nao with you you don’t need to worry about stepping on any sticks I assume, so you’ll just need to make sure you aren’t visible. Maybe trick the villains into thinking you’re still with us? Then and again... that adds to the issue of time.”

“Argh, sorry, I don’t really know if any of this will work...” he sighed. This was becoming more complicated the longer they talked. Quirks never seemed simple though, and at least if they had another exercise like this he’d be more aware of his opponent’s abilities. It was good practice for hero work too, he needed some of that considering he didn’t have much experience in any of the required fields. Arashi hoped that would change in time, but he was mostly overwhelmed with the current exercise at hand.
Arashi looked around, thankful for all the trees. They could provide some cover for Yume and Nao, and the deeper they went into the forest the harder it would be for the villains to find them. Even so... they needed to be aware of each other’s locations. If they were found quickly and none of the other heroes knew their whereabouts it would be a quick lose for them. So they’d need somewhere close, but still discreet. Maybe a ditch under a fallen log? The villains could end up walking over it and not realizing there was anyone there. It seemed to be a fairly difficult situation.

“We should scout the forest maybe? Find somewhere kind of close but not very easy to find or recognize that a person is there. If it comes down to it, I can quickly get to both of you and attempt to provide you some cover while you run. I can make myself go pretty fast, faster than I went when Bakugo-Sensei tested us...” he realized it probably sounded weird saying that, but he had his own reasons for holding back, mostly about the safety of him and his classmates.

“Since time will be a problem with your illusions Yume, it’s even more important to find somewhere hidden so that you don’t have to have them constantly activated. Since you’ll have Nao with you you don’t need to worry about stepping on any sticks I assume, so you’ll just need to make sure you aren’t visible. Maybe trick the villains into thinking you’re still with us? Then and again... that adds to the issue of time.”

“Argh, sorry, I don’t really know if any of this will work...” he sighed. This was becoming more complicated the longer they talked. Quirks never seemed simple though, and at least if they had another exercise like this he’d be more aware of his opponent’s abilities. It was good practice for hero work too, he needed some of that considering he didn’t have much experience in any of the required fields. Arashi hoped that would change in time, but he was mostly overwhelmed with the current exercise at hand.
| Robbie | he/they/it | minor | fr +0 | still a “tired lad” |
Kurai sighed, standing as she pulled back on her mask. She felt somewhat drained from her minor breakdown, but it was nothing she hadn't handled before. Now time for her next course of action - actually doing the thing she said she was doing. That meant checking the forest for any areas of advantage, and which areas to avoid. It wasn't the most gripping task, but anything which didn't involve talking right now was a win in her book. Not that she wouldn't love to talk to the others, of course, more that she didn't feel like she should right now.
She shook her head, realising she was getting off topic, and began to actually do her job.
Kurai sighed, standing as she pulled back on her mask. She felt somewhat drained from her minor breakdown, but it was nothing she hadn't handled before. Now time for her next course of action - actually doing the thing she said she was doing. That meant checking the forest for any areas of advantage, and which areas to avoid. It wasn't the most gripping task, but anything which didn't involve talking right now was a win in her book. Not that she wouldn't love to talk to the others, of course, more that she didn't feel like she should right now.
She shook her head, realising she was getting off topic, and began to actually do her job.
5hF3FGk.png
Nuru sighed as Kurai ran off. Something told her, it wasn't to 'scout' like the other girl had said. She pulled a small notebook out of... somewhere... it honestly kind of looked like it just appeared, but since that wasn't something she could do, it was probably just hidden in a pocket or something. She flipped it open and scribbled out a note to herself for later. Snapping the notebook closed and disappearing it back to whence it came, she looked to Grant.

"We're in a forest, dear. The only cover you'll get is trees. So stay out of range of any kind of attacks you think they can throw at you. I doubt Arashi can aim lightning bolts, so he's probably not someone you have to worry about. My best bet is stay at least 200 meters above the treeline, and that'll put you safely out of range of Kiyuri's throws. We don't have to worry about Motowari cause she and the others are out sick..." she scratched her cheek.

"I think the only other one who would have been a threat got expelled. The others are all on our team." she nods and grins, "Okay, that's a plan... Kawa and Aure can run with me and we can start setting up the blockades... we want to restrict them to ONE AREA as best we can, neh?"

"See about contacting a psychologist specializing in quirk-related trauma and stress. Perhaps ask Jirako to introduce me to Aizawa-senpai"
Nuru sighed as Kurai ran off. Something told her, it wasn't to 'scout' like the other girl had said. She pulled a small notebook out of... somewhere... it honestly kind of looked like it just appeared, but since that wasn't something she could do, it was probably just hidden in a pocket or something. She flipped it open and scribbled out a note to herself for later. Snapping the notebook closed and disappearing it back to whence it came, she looked to Grant.

"We're in a forest, dear. The only cover you'll get is trees. So stay out of range of any kind of attacks you think they can throw at you. I doubt Arashi can aim lightning bolts, so he's probably not someone you have to worry about. My best bet is stay at least 200 meters above the treeline, and that'll put you safely out of range of Kiyuri's throws. We don't have to worry about Motowari cause she and the others are out sick..." she scratched her cheek.

"I think the only other one who would have been a threat got expelled. The others are all on our team." she nods and grins, "Okay, that's a plan... Kawa and Aure can run with me and we can start setting up the blockades... we want to restrict them to ONE AREA as best we can, neh?"

"See about contacting a psychologist specializing in quirk-related trauma and stress. Perhaps ask Jirako to introduce me to Aizawa-senpai"
Nextgenlogo.png
Domi perked up when Arashi spoke up, specifically at the last thing he said. The other team would be making a plan, right? Maybe they didn't need to think about that, a more just figure out what to do along the way.

"What if we dropped the whole 'plan' idea?" She asked, before clarifying. "Not as in we make a strict plan, but what if we don't fret over the details? We'll probably have to improvise of the battlefield anyways."

She paused for a moment and reconsidered her words. What did that even mean? They couldn't go in with no plan.

"Actually, that doesn't make much sense, does it?"
Domi perked up when Arashi spoke up, specifically at the last thing he said. The other team would be making a plan, right? Maybe they didn't need to think about that, a more just figure out what to do along the way.

"What if we dropped the whole 'plan' idea?" She asked, before clarifying. "Not as in we make a strict plan, but what if we don't fret over the details? We'll probably have to improvise of the battlefield anyways."

She paused for a moment and reconsidered her words. What did that even mean? They couldn't go in with no plan.

"Actually, that doesn't make much sense, does it?"
Either She/Her or They/Them, don't really care that much

"Wait- who are you?"
- Some random kid
Kurai could tell it was time to get back to the group.She had to get filled in on their final plan before they began, and she didn't know how long they had before the excersize started. She could feel her pulse raise slightly at the thought, but she knew she had to ignore it, she was going to be a hero, she couldn't freeze up the moment she got scared.
Subconciously, she flexed her fingers, her gloves letting out a small zap. It was okay, she reminded herself, because she had a new quirk now. One that meant she wouldn't be pushed away.
keeping her breaths even, she strode back towards the group, hoping that they had formulated a plan while she had gone.
"What'd I miss?"
Kurai could tell it was time to get back to the group.She had to get filled in on their final plan before they began, and she didn't know how long they had before the excersize started. She could feel her pulse raise slightly at the thought, but she knew she had to ignore it, she was going to be a hero, she couldn't freeze up the moment she got scared.
Subconciously, she flexed her fingers, her gloves letting out a small zap. It was okay, she reminded herself, because she had a new quirk now. One that meant she wouldn't be pushed away.
keeping her breaths even, she strode back towards the group, hoping that they had formulated a plan while she had gone.
"What'd I miss?"
5hF3FGk.png
Arashi blinked in confusion, “It”s true will probably have to improvise in the battlefield... but I think we still need a base idea to go off of?”

He felt his voice go a bit quieter than before, already worn out from conversing so much. All this talking and planning was emotionally and mentally exhausting to him. If only his quirk helped with that too, instead he just was awake practically 24/7, and still somehow tired. He hoped they still had more time to plan, but the exercise likely started soon. Did they even have enough of a plan? And if they did, could they even pull it off? He’d just have to hope what they could come up with was enough.
Arashi blinked in confusion, “It”s true will probably have to improvise in the battlefield... but I think we still need a base idea to go off of?”

He felt his voice go a bit quieter than before, already worn out from conversing so much. All this talking and planning was emotionally and mentally exhausting to him. If only his quirk helped with that too, instead he just was awake practically 24/7, and still somehow tired. He hoped they still had more time to plan, but the exercise likely started soon. Did they even have enough of a plan? And if they did, could they even pull it off? He’d just have to hope what they could come up with was enough.
| Robbie | he/they/it | minor | fr +0 | still a “tired lad” |
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35