Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Betweenlands IC {Closed!}
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Vyx took a few seconds to respond, his head starting to ache from dehydration. "Tch. Useless lot. We found food while you were building your little camp. And I'm guessing you found no water-" He was cut off by a sharp jolt of pain. He covered his head with hand and lied down, squeezing his eyes shut.

This was it. This was how he died. What a waste. The great thief and assassin Vyx, done in by dehydration of all things. At least nobody there knew him. Vyx let himself relax and focused on breathing. His heart was pounding, more out of anxiety than anything.
Vyx took a few seconds to respond, his head starting to ache from dehydration. "Tch. Useless lot. We found food while you were building your little camp. And I'm guessing you found no water-" He was cut off by a sharp jolt of pain. He covered his head with hand and lied down, squeezing his eyes shut.

This was it. This was how he died. What a waste. The great thief and assassin Vyx, done in by dehydration of all things. At least nobody there knew him. Vyx let himself relax and focused on breathing. His heart was pounding, more out of anxiety than anything.
nBUwvfz.png
kE8PZoU.png
EiPW4qT.png
B8HmiZX.png
bYt72YT.png
lPm8q6O.png
Raith shook his head and stood up, walking over to him. He handed Vyx a canteen filled with a cool liquid. Some sort of juice.
"Here. Drink this. Although I would recommend you be a little more respectful to those around you. We have found food and we are learning more about our surroundings. Just because we haven't found the exit by the end of the day that does not mean we are useless. It means we are learning to find our way there," he said calmly. He wasn't scolding but instead he was saying this in a offering tone. he wasn't going to force Vyx into being respectful, but he wouldn't mind leaving Vyx to follow that path himself, "A clan divided will not stand on its own. Remember that."
Raith walked back over to where he decided to rest and laid back down, watching Vyx from there. He didn't say another word after that.

Bluejay walked up and stood next to Vyx, concerned for his temporary partner. He was glad that Raith had something on him to drink at least. He didn't respond to Raith though, feeling that wasn't entirely his business to get involved with.
Raith shook his head and stood up, walking over to him. He handed Vyx a canteen filled with a cool liquid. Some sort of juice.
"Here. Drink this. Although I would recommend you be a little more respectful to those around you. We have found food and we are learning more about our surroundings. Just because we haven't found the exit by the end of the day that does not mean we are useless. It means we are learning to find our way there," he said calmly. He wasn't scolding but instead he was saying this in a offering tone. he wasn't going to force Vyx into being respectful, but he wouldn't mind leaving Vyx to follow that path himself, "A clan divided will not stand on its own. Remember that."
Raith walked back over to where he decided to rest and laid back down, watching Vyx from there. He didn't say another word after that.

Bluejay walked up and stood next to Vyx, concerned for his temporary partner. He was glad that Raith had something on him to drink at least. He didn't respond to Raith though, feeling that wasn't entirely his business to get involved with.
She/her Asexual Sagitarius Artist, Roleplayer, Writer PST timezone Unscheduled T.E.A. Parties
762.png1148.png1089.png1148.png762.png
Vyx downed the liquid in large gulps, still having enough sense to not drink too quickly. He was only half listening to what Raith was saying, figuring it was something stupid and sickly sentimental.
"...you don't understand. You can't put your faith in others. They'll betray you eventually. So why treat them with respect? They're only waiting for the moment when you cease being useful to them. Then, they'll take everything they can from you and leave. That's how it works. That's how it's always been." Vyx realized he was starting to sound sorrowful. He shook his head and cleared his throat. He didn't want to be seen as a useless mope. "I shall stay with you until we find an exit. But only because you are useful to me. When I return home, I will most likely forget you. But until then...." Vyx hadn't realized how tired he was until now. The floor suddenly felt really comfortable. He dropped the canteen on the ground and shut his eyes.

((sorry if i'm being overdramatic in my writing. not used to writing a loner))
Vyx downed the liquid in large gulps, still having enough sense to not drink too quickly. He was only half listening to what Raith was saying, figuring it was something stupid and sickly sentimental.
"...you don't understand. You can't put your faith in others. They'll betray you eventually. So why treat them with respect? They're only waiting for the moment when you cease being useful to them. Then, they'll take everything they can from you and leave. That's how it works. That's how it's always been." Vyx realized he was starting to sound sorrowful. He shook his head and cleared his throat. He didn't want to be seen as a useless mope. "I shall stay with you until we find an exit. But only because you are useful to me. When I return home, I will most likely forget you. But until then...." Vyx hadn't realized how tired he was until now. The floor suddenly felt really comfortable. He dropped the canteen on the ground and shut his eyes.

((sorry if i'm being overdramatic in my writing. not used to writing a loner))
nBUwvfz.png
kE8PZoU.png
EiPW4qT.png
B8HmiZX.png
bYt72YT.png
lPm8q6O.png
Raith tried not to internalize those kind of thoughts again. He had worked hard to work out of that mindset, but he still couldn't help but understand what that was like. He sighed and rested his head on the ground. His familiar, Arvus, flapped over to the canteen and pulled it back as quickly as it could. Raith patted its binder before taking the canteen and putting it away.

Bluejay didn't enjoy what came out of Vyx's mouth, but mostly because it just sounded sad to him. He had never thought of things that way. Everybody was worth hanging around in their own ways, so he struggled to understand Vyx's mindset. But he figured it was late and probably not worth losing sleep over so he curled up close to Vyx. His tail swayed to sit behind Vyx in a curve as he rested his head on his front legs and went out like a light.

(It's ok. Loner's are hard to write. So far you're doing pretty good!))
Raith tried not to internalize those kind of thoughts again. He had worked hard to work out of that mindset, but he still couldn't help but understand what that was like. He sighed and rested his head on the ground. His familiar, Arvus, flapped over to the canteen and pulled it back as quickly as it could. Raith patted its binder before taking the canteen and putting it away.

Bluejay didn't enjoy what came out of Vyx's mouth, but mostly because it just sounded sad to him. He had never thought of things that way. Everybody was worth hanging around in their own ways, so he struggled to understand Vyx's mindset. But he figured it was late and probably not worth losing sleep over so he curled up close to Vyx. His tail swayed to sit behind Vyx in a curve as he rested his head on his front legs and went out like a light.

(It's ok. Loner's are hard to write. So far you're doing pretty good!))
She/her Asexual Sagitarius Artist, Roleplayer, Writer PST timezone Unscheduled T.E.A. Parties
Ana crouched in the grass. She could hear pretty much everything said. It annoyed her a little, but she stayed still. Slowly, she crept toward the sleeping figures. She looked them over, sniffing with just a bit of disdain.
Ana crouched in the grass. She could hear pretty much everything said. It annoyed her a little, but she stayed still. Slowly, she crept toward the sleeping figures. She looked them over, sniffing with just a bit of disdain.
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
Neph had been awake long before the others. He had been scouting out a route to the next island and by comparing maps he discovered the fastest route; one that would only take a day at max. As came back to where the tents were situated he discovered that some people were up. "G-Good morning e-everyone!"
Neph had been awake long before the others. He had been scouting out a route to the next island and by comparing maps he discovered the fastest route; one that would only take a day at max. As came back to where the tents were situated he discovered that some people were up. "G-Good morning e-everyone!"
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Acacia awoke, the open eye moving as the other came out. She lifted her head and did a few exercises with her head to stretch out her neck before standing up and stretching out the rest of her body like a cat. She shook herself off and looked to those who were awake.

Raith was still asleep. The giant dragon didn't sleep often and would be asleep for a bit. His familiar, Alvaro Argus, was snuggled into the crook of his arm, wings folded in and tail wrapped around itself.

Bluejay yawned and stretched out his forearms, claws unsheathing as far as they could go as he stretched. He had been lying there since the sun came up, not wanting to move and wake up Nyx accidentally because that would be rude. He lifted his head up to look at Neph, "Morning."

Acacia awoke, the open eye moving as the other came out. She lifted her head and did a few exercises with her head to stretch out her neck before standing up and stretching out the rest of her body like a cat. She shook herself off and looked to those who were awake.

Raith was still asleep. The giant dragon didn't sleep often and would be asleep for a bit. His familiar, Alvaro Argus, was snuggled into the crook of his arm, wings folded in and tail wrapped around itself.

Bluejay yawned and stretched out his forearms, claws unsheathing as far as they could go as he stretched. He had been lying there since the sun came up, not wanting to move and wake up Nyx accidentally because that would be rude. He lifted his head up to look at Neph, "Morning."

Tim opened his eyes at last, rolling over onto his back with a sigh. Yep, still here as he had expected. Groggily moving to stand outside, he brushed himself off. A few of the others seemed to be awake as well, which was to be expected.

"Hello... So, breakfast?" The ghost hadn't ate in a while, and it was starting to catch up to him quite unfortunately. It wouldn't do too well to be hungry during the duration of their journey.
Tim opened his eyes at last, rolling over onto his back with a sigh. Yep, still here as he had expected. Groggily moving to stand outside, he brushed himself off. A few of the others seemed to be awake as well, which was to be expected.

"Hello... So, breakfast?" The ghost hadn't ate in a while, and it was starting to catch up to him quite unfortunately. It wouldn't do too well to be hungry during the duration of their journey.

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
This was day two without sleep. Lydia was tired, but fine. She was fine. And she would trap anyone who said otherwise in ivy.

She knew she was asking a lot of her body. She was asking it to keep up an impossible task. Even now, violets were slowly beginning to grow around her. She hadn't seen them since-

Well, her arm still stung at the thought of it. That was the last time she had truly lost control. But she wasn't losing control. If it was as bad as when she'd almost bled out, the violets would be rotting. They weren't rotting. Nothing was rotting. So it was fine. She stepped on them, hiding any evidence of their existence. There. She was fine. Lydia was fine.

Thassius was lucky to have gotten a tent without a human. He had actually slept rather well. He awoke at the sound of voices, being the light sleeper he was. It didn't entirely help that he had big ears that picked up sound pretty efficiently, either. He moved outside of his tent, seeing the others who were awake.

"It'll be good when I get back to Farsa," he said as a reply to Neph. Back home, he wasn't in Farsa. Hell, he wasn't even in Sekratha. He was in stupid Aslamore, getting chased by some stupid guards. He had to wonder if the sand pirates were waiting at their usual location. Oh yeah... them. Thass probably had to pay them. You can't exactly steal rides, after all. He woulda had that covered, before losing the contents of his satchel. Now, he had to add another item to his to-do list.
This was day two without sleep. Lydia was tired, but fine. She was fine. And she would trap anyone who said otherwise in ivy.

She knew she was asking a lot of her body. She was asking it to keep up an impossible task. Even now, violets were slowly beginning to grow around her. She hadn't seen them since-

Well, her arm still stung at the thought of it. That was the last time she had truly lost control. But she wasn't losing control. If it was as bad as when she'd almost bled out, the violets would be rotting. They weren't rotting. Nothing was rotting. So it was fine. She stepped on them, hiding any evidence of their existence. There. She was fine. Lydia was fine.

Thassius was lucky to have gotten a tent without a human. He had actually slept rather well. He awoke at the sound of voices, being the light sleeper he was. It didn't entirely help that he had big ears that picked up sound pretty efficiently, either. He moved outside of his tent, seeing the others who were awake.

"It'll be good when I get back to Farsa," he said as a reply to Neph. Back home, he wasn't in Farsa. Hell, he wasn't even in Sekratha. He was in stupid Aslamore, getting chased by some stupid guards. He had to wonder if the sand pirates were waiting at their usual location. Oh yeah... them. Thass probably had to pay them. You can't exactly steal rides, after all. He woulda had that covered, before losing the contents of his satchel. Now, he had to add another item to his to-do list.
I'm a pansexual with she/her pronouns. I don't mind a message or a ping! Timezone is +1 FR time.
Currently: Grew UP in the French court, oui oui bonjour, life was a chore so...
Ana ears perked up and she backed away quickly, trying to seem like she hadn't just been doing anything suspicious or inspecting dragons who'd been spying on the group. She meowed a greeting like it was just a normal day and she'd just been exploring or something. She trotted over to her own tent,slunk inside, and began to gently tap on Kate's leg to get her to wake up. She thought about the creatures she'd just seen, and decided she couldn't do anything right now except keep a close eye on them and be on guard for anything.
Ana ears perked up and she backed away quickly, trying to seem like she hadn't just been doing anything suspicious or inspecting dragons who'd been spying on the group. She meowed a greeting like it was just a normal day and she'd just been exploring or something. She trotted over to her own tent,slunk inside, and began to gently tap on Kate's leg to get her to wake up. She thought about the creatures she'd just seen, and decided she couldn't do anything right now except keep a close eye on them and be on guard for anything.
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50