Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Betweenlands IC {Closed!}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50
Kate turned quickly, blinking.
"Oh, hi. Who are you?" She glanced back over at the girl just in time for her to see the girl shift into a cat again.
"Who is she? Where am I?" She asked, rubbing her eyes again.
So much light....Owwww
Kate looked around more, still confused.
Kate turned quickly, blinking.
"Oh, hi. Who are you?" She glanced back over at the girl just in time for her to see the girl shift into a cat again.
"Who is she? Where am I?" She asked, rubbing her eyes again.
So much light....Owwww
Kate looked around more, still confused.
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
Did she notice me? I'll bet she noticed me. Curses, Ana thought.
She gave a small and pathetic meow and shivered, hugging herself a little closer.
Did she notice me? I'll bet she noticed me. Curses, Ana thought.
She gave a small and pathetic meow and shivered, hugging herself a little closer.
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
Now Tim wasn't so sure of himself, but he could surely make things up as he went. Afterall, he created this place and everything he said would be true afterall. "The creator of this place, Tim." He tried to prop himself up, in case this turned into a night mate he wanted full control over the situation.

"You both are figments of my imagination, and this place is..." Drat, what was a foreign country that he could remember off of the top of his head? Spain? Yep, that'll do. Now for a name... "Mangaurd, off the coast of Spain." Spain did have a coast still, didn't it? Modern geography confused him, why couldn't things just stay the same for once?
Now Tim wasn't so sure of himself, but he could surely make things up as he went. Afterall, he created this place and everything he said would be true afterall. "The creator of this place, Tim." He tried to prop himself up, in case this turned into a night mate he wanted full control over the situation.

"You both are figments of my imagination, and this place is..." Drat, what was a foreign country that he could remember off of the top of his head? Spain? Yep, that'll do. Now for a name... "Mangaurd, off the coast of Spain." Spain did have a coast still, didn't it? Modern geography confused him, why couldn't things just stay the same for once?

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
Hearing the meow, Vyx's ears perked up. It wasn't anything he was used to hearing, but it sounded like the cry of a small animal to him.

Finally taking a look around, he saw a group of these....strange creatures with only two eyes. He thought he had heard them speak an odd but recognizable language earlier.

He crept towards the one with two legs and black...fur? "You make moon into eye?" he asked, his voice raspy from disuse.
Hearing the meow, Vyx's ears perked up. It wasn't anything he was used to hearing, but it sounded like the cry of a small animal to him.

Finally taking a look around, he saw a group of these....strange creatures with only two eyes. He thought he had heard them speak an odd but recognizable language earlier.

He crept towards the one with two legs and black...fur? "You make moon into eye?" he asked, his voice raspy from disuse.
nBUwvfz.png
kE8PZoU.png
EiPW4qT.png
B8HmiZX.png
bYt72YT.png
lPm8q6O.png
Chikara opened her eyes to reveal a bright, bright light that hurt her eyes and made her fuzzy brain feel even worse. She squinted, yanking off one of her throwing spikes off her crown, and tried to figure out what was going on.
The settings were different - either someone with a transportation quirk or illusion quirk. She could also be dead.

Wait, am I dead?! She thought, fear jolting through her.

Instead of thinking more (pffft who needs thinking) she loudly asked, "What's going on?"
Chikara opened her eyes to reveal a bright, bright light that hurt her eyes and made her fuzzy brain feel even worse. She squinted, yanking off one of her throwing spikes off her crown, and tried to figure out what was going on.
The settings were different - either someone with a transportation quirk or illusion quirk. She could also be dead.

Wait, am I dead?! She thought, fear jolting through her.

Instead of thinking more (pffft who needs thinking) she loudly asked, "What's going on?"
aesq82D.gif
She/her

My wishlist
My artshop
My art dump
Ana meowed again, softer this time. She wasn't faking anything, she really was super exhausted and dead feeling.
Ana meowed again, softer this time. She wasn't faking anything, she really was super exhausted and dead feeling.
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
A brick. Not the fire, not the flashing lights, not the screams of panicked students as they tried to flee the library. What caught Vanir’s attention in the chaos was a brick. Perhaps it was because it was flying directly towards his face, and he just knew he wouldn’t be able to dodge it in time. He was right.

He opened his eyes to a sight that was neither the library nor the underside of a brick. So this was the afterlife, then. Humans couldn’t survive a brick flying towards your face at that velocity, could they? He hated to be the guinea pig in this situation, but he felt more or less alive, so the experiment seemed to be a success. Even if he hadn’t wanted to be in the experiment in the first place.

Afterlife or not, what did this place look like? Slowly, Vanir sat up, not interested in making himself dizzier than he had to. Half a second later, and he made the brilliant deduction that he was dreaming. He could already tell this world didn’t make sense. And who even were these people? Did that girl just turn into a cat?! ... It was better than a dog the size of a pony, so maybe he should be thankful for that. He’d seen weirder things.

Rubbing his temples, Vanir tried to focus on what these dream-beings were saying. Or were they spirits, perhaps? If this was the afterlife, then they must be dead as well. Afterlife sounded more convincing than a mere dream right now, so he went with that. Most of them sounded confused, and two of them were stringing together words that didn’t make sense either alone or in order. ‘Spain’? Was that a real kingdom? He’d never heard of it before.

Must’ve been one hell of a brick to the head.

However, one person closer to him raised a question that he thought he could answer with confidence. The stranger had white hair (a sign of magic?) and a crown of thorns, which didn’t look comfortable or practical in the slightest. Leaning back on his hands casually, as if this were just another day at the academy, he turned to them and said in the bluntest way possible: “You died.”
A brick. Not the fire, not the flashing lights, not the screams of panicked students as they tried to flee the library. What caught Vanir’s attention in the chaos was a brick. Perhaps it was because it was flying directly towards his face, and he just knew he wouldn’t be able to dodge it in time. He was right.

He opened his eyes to a sight that was neither the library nor the underside of a brick. So this was the afterlife, then. Humans couldn’t survive a brick flying towards your face at that velocity, could they? He hated to be the guinea pig in this situation, but he felt more or less alive, so the experiment seemed to be a success. Even if he hadn’t wanted to be in the experiment in the first place.

Afterlife or not, what did this place look like? Slowly, Vanir sat up, not interested in making himself dizzier than he had to. Half a second later, and he made the brilliant deduction that he was dreaming. He could already tell this world didn’t make sense. And who even were these people? Did that girl just turn into a cat?! ... It was better than a dog the size of a pony, so maybe he should be thankful for that. He’d seen weirder things.

Rubbing his temples, Vanir tried to focus on what these dream-beings were saying. Or were they spirits, perhaps? If this was the afterlife, then they must be dead as well. Afterlife sounded more convincing than a mere dream right now, so he went with that. Most of them sounded confused, and two of them were stringing together words that didn’t make sense either alone or in order. ‘Spain’? Was that a real kingdom? He’d never heard of it before.

Must’ve been one hell of a brick to the head.

However, one person closer to him raised a question that he thought he could answer with confidence. The stranger had white hair (a sign of magic?) and a crown of thorns, which didn’t look comfortable or practical in the slightest. Leaning back on his hands casually, as if this were just another day at the academy, he turned to them and said in the bluntest way possible: “You died.”
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
First a two eyed thing with loose black fur, now another one with blond fur. Vyx was certain he was under the effects of some kind of spell.

"I am not dead. Moon cannot kill you. I did not feel pain before this. I must wait for spell to end."

Vyx decided to examine the small thing covered in fur next. Perhaps he could use it to identify whoever cast the spell? After all, it was a very strange creature. It must be a signature of the caster. He cautiously reached out and poked it with a claw.
First a two eyed thing with loose black fur, now another one with blond fur. Vyx was certain he was under the effects of some kind of spell.

"I am not dead. Moon cannot kill you. I did not feel pain before this. I must wait for spell to end."

Vyx decided to examine the small thing covered in fur next. Perhaps he could use it to identify whoever cast the spell? After all, it was a very strange creature. It must be a signature of the caster. He cautiously reached out and poked it with a claw.
nBUwvfz.png
kE8PZoU.png
EiPW4qT.png
B8HmiZX.png
bYt72YT.png
lPm8q6O.png
Katie waved to him.
"What really? You created this place? Cool! I'm Kate, but you can call me Katie if you want! Wait, how is that possible?" She looked over at the dragon.
"Hi there! I'm Kate, if you didn't hear my introduction. What did you say about moons? Wait, dead!?! I don't think so..." She frowned.
Katie waved to him.
"What really? You created this place? Cool! I'm Kate, but you can call me Katie if you want! Wait, how is that possible?" She looked over at the dragon.
"Hi there! I'm Kate, if you didn't hear my introduction. What did you say about moons? Wait, dead!?! I don't think so..." She frowned.
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
"Saw moon turn into red eye before...what is the word in English? Sleeping? No-Conscious? When you sleep but don't want to."

Vyx was going to have to learn more English. It wasn't commonly spoken back home. He only now realized that there were at least three of these creature with two eyes, two legs, and loose fur on the tops of their heads. Must be a species he didn't know about. Not that it mattered. These kinds of spells only lasted for a few minutes at most. He just had to wait.
"Saw moon turn into red eye before...what is the word in English? Sleeping? No-Conscious? When you sleep but don't want to."

Vyx was going to have to learn more English. It wasn't commonly spoken back home. He only now realized that there were at least three of these creature with two eyes, two legs, and loose fur on the tops of their heads. Must be a species he didn't know about. Not that it mattered. These kinds of spells only lasted for a few minutes at most. He just had to wait.
nBUwvfz.png
kE8PZoU.png
EiPW4qT.png
B8HmiZX.png
bYt72YT.png
lPm8q6O.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50