Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Betweenlands OOC {Closed!}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53
@AmethystSeaWing

You’re fine to join!

(I’m going to look through the sheets that have been posted now...)
@AmethystSeaWing

You’re fine to join!

(I’m going to look through the sheets that have been posted now...)
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Thanks! (Also I'm subbed btw)

I'll start on a sheet immediately!
Thanks! (Also I'm subbed btw)

I'll start on a sheet immediately!
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
I added a personality section to the sheet!

Tweeter and Cryptic your characters look good :D
I added a personality section to the sheet!

Tweeter and Cryptic your characters look good :D
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Full Name: Anastasia Louise Agapidis Nicknames: Goes by Ana Original Roleplay: She's not really from any specific roleplay she's just an oc I created. I use her in most rps so i copy/paste a lot of her character sheet stuff from past roleplays. Here's the rp with the original sheet: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2887055/1 Species: Human, 50% Greek 50% Dutch (technically has a bit of dragon heritage, but that's debatable) Age: 13 Gender: female Pronouns: she/her Sexuality: straight Blood type: O+, but she wishes it was something more uncommon Appearance: has three forms she can switch between at will, a human form, a cat form (her spirit animal), and a dragon form. Human form: Well built. Very tan skin in summer and hardly ever gets sunburned. Has shoulder length, curly brown hair. Hair is dark brown near the scalp fading to a lighter brown near the middle, then blonde at the tips. When in sunlight, the individual strands seem to glow gold. Her eyes can change color according to her will, and sometimes to her emotions. They will turn darker and duller when she feels bad emotions (scared, angry, bored etc) and more vivid and bright for good emotions (happiness, humorous, contentment, etc). Their usual color is golden brown, like the essence of all the trees and lakes in the world were mixed together and covered in sunlight. They turn a more golden color when she s using magic. Her magic color always matches her eye color, so it's usually gold. Cat form: appears to be right between the ages of kitten and adult cat. Like a tortiouseshell cat, but with patches of gold mixed in. Her cat eyes are usually leaf green with spots of deep blue in them. Dragon form: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Q7AR3x3.jpg[/img] (Art by me!) Shoulder comes up to about an average adults waist. Fairly strong, especially in her tail. Has a venomous barb at the end of her tail. Can switch between her lungs and gills if she needs to breathe underwater. Can create powerful waves with her tail and wings. Her wings and patterns along her body change color according to her will and emotions (not the same as her eyes, more like a rainwing color scale). She can shoot venom from her two front fangs. Her scales need sunlight, or else they will turn duller. Height: 5'1" Powers/special abilities: Can control and grow plants with just a thought, although using her hand gives her a bit more control. She can grow plants without using a starting point (roots, seeds etc) and feel the "emotions" of some plants. She can also shape her magic with her hands, using it for light or when she's bored. She can also sense other magic very clearly and from a long distance away. Abilities/skills: Pretty strong, especially her legs (her arms are WEAK). If you gave her a sword she could probably handle it alright, but she would be too frightened to try and do battle with it. Her cat form has regular cat abilities (good vision, excellent hearing, etc) and those sometimes pop up in her human form as well. Stats: Okay i think I've figured this out, let's try it! Strength: 6 Dexterity: 14 Intelligence: 16 Wisdom: 12 Magic: 17 Charisma: 10 Stealth: 10 Strengths: Drawing, remembering things, proving her point, making others laugh, making friends, acting, and singing Weaknesses: being optimistic, ENDING ARGUMENTS Likes: Wip Dislikes: Wip Fears: Ground bees and wasps, both of which are pretty bad but ground bees are a lot worse. Side effects include screaming, itchiness, running inside the nearest building and lots of paranoid looking over her shoulder. Backstory: (actual backstory part:) when Ana was young, she was fascinated by giant reptiles. Back then it was dinosaurs, she was obsessed with them and she loved drawing them. Then one day when she was six, she watched a movie with dragons in it and became completely obsessed with them. Her mother bought her a book called 'Drawing Dragons' for Christmas and Ana started practicing drawing them. She wasn't very good. Then one day when she was eleven, she went to her favorite sleepaway camp, but this time it was different. One night they were cooking out in the woods and Ana had a strange desire to stay in the woods and not go back at midnight, like they usually did. She found she really really wanted to stay and sleep in the woods and never leave. Become an animal of some sort and stay. She felt a strange connection with the trees. As she was gathering firewood away from everyone else, she felt a strange sensation and suddenly, the trees looked much taller. She looked down and her hands were paws! She was a cat! She tried to feel the sensation again and suddenly she was herself again. She didn't tell anyone or dwell on it but she felt elated. When she returned home from the trip, she felt like new. However, when she saw her family, she noticed something weird. Her little brother had the same strange feeling about him, and so did her dad, but not her mom. She wondered about this for a while until she told her parents and her father told her about magic. Later that week, they took Ana to a secret place run by a very powerful woman named Ms. Smith. She had magic that could reveal what a person's powers were. Ana showed her how she could make the plants in pots grow. Ms Smith used her magic to turn Ana into a cat, then she discovered that Ana could also turn into a dragon, which was rare. She jotted down a few more things Ana could do and sent her back home. That place would be a new thing she did, once a week on Saturdays she'd come and learn about magic with other students. (What happened before the blackout part:) Ana was wandering through the woods. She'd had a mission and she had to get across country to meet up with a few others, including some of her friends who'd been sent already. She'd done it before, knew the dangers and what not to do. Everything was going fine until she was flying through the sky as a dragon and she noticed something weird looking in the sky with her. It was black, and writhing, and radiated evil ((Think the 'It' from the movie A Wrinkle In Time)). She wasn't sure what to do, but it seemed like if she flew any closer she'd be incinerated by the pure evil of it. She flew in the opposite direction in a panic when the thing rushed at her and swallowed her whole. Personality: Ana is funny and usually good at making friends. She can sometimes be stubborn and bossy. Sometimes she'll try to tease one of her friends and end up hurting their feelings, but she never does it on purpose and she's usually very kind. She used to be homeschooled and was quite popular. She had many friends, most human but some with magic. Listening to good music and doing magic at the same time is one of her favorite things to do, the music seems to wrap itself around her and in her and sometimes when she's alone she'll make balls of light dance around her or images appear in front of her using her magic. Trivia: Heritage - Her grandmother on her father's side was a dragon by the name of Coral who lived in the oceans around greece. She had the ability to turn into a human and she lived among the humans for a long time. She met Ana's grandfather and they got married. Coral (or Elena as the humans called her) still had magic when she was human, so their sons both had magic. She named the first Stingray, after her father, but to the humans he would be known as Charalompos (or Harry in english). He became Ana's father. He had magic too, and despite being completely human he'd inherited his mother's ability, except he could turn from human to dragon and back again instead of dragon to human and back again. He lived in greece for a long time, studying english and many other languages. He moved to England to go to college, and not long after his parents got divorced. After a while, he moved to america where he met Amy, a young woman who'd been studying english and literature. They soon got married and had their first child, a girl who they named Anastasia after Harry's father Anastasos. Two years later they had a second child, who they named John Donald Agapides after Amy's father, Donald John Schaap.
Full Name: Anastasia Louise Agapidis

Nicknames: Goes by Ana

Original Roleplay: She's not really from any specific roleplay she's just an oc I created. I use her in most rps so i copy/paste a lot of her character sheet stuff from past roleplays. Here's the rp with the original sheet: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2887055/1

Species: Human, 50% Greek 50% Dutch (technically has a bit of dragon heritage, but that's debatable)

Pronouns: she/her

Sexuality: straight

Blood type: O+, but she wishes it was something more uncommon

Appearance: has three forms she can switch between at will, a human form, a cat form (her spirit animal), and a dragon form.
Human form: Well built. Very tan skin in summer and hardly ever gets sunburned.
Has shoulder length, curly brown hair. Hair is dark brown near the scalp fading to a lighter brown near the middle, then blonde at the tips. When in sunlight, the individual strands seem to glow gold. Her eyes can change color according to her will, and sometimes to her emotions. They will turn darker and duller when she feels bad emotions (scared, angry, bored etc) and more vivid and bright for good emotions (happiness, humorous, contentment, etc). Their usual color is golden brown, like the essence of all the trees and lakes in the world were mixed together and covered in sunlight. They turn a more golden color when she s using magic. Her magic color always matches her eye color, so it's usually gold.
Cat form: appears to be right between the ages of kitten and adult cat. Like a tortiouseshell cat, but with patches of gold mixed in. Her cat eyes are usually leaf green with spots of deep blue in them.
Dragon form:
Q7AR3x3.jpg
(Art by me!)
Shoulder comes up to about an average adults waist. Fairly strong, especially in her tail. Has a venomous barb at the end of her tail. Can switch between her lungs and gills if she needs to breathe underwater. Can create powerful waves with her tail and wings. Her wings and patterns along her body change color according to her will and emotions (not the same as her eyes, more like a rainwing color scale). She can shoot venom from her two front fangs. Her scales need sunlight, or else they will turn duller.

Height: 5'1"

Powers/special abilities: Can control and grow plants with just a thought, although using her hand gives her a bit more control. She can grow plants without using a starting point (roots, seeds etc) and feel the "emotions" of some plants. She can also shape her magic with her hands, using it for light or when she's bored. She can also sense other magic very clearly and from a long distance away.

Abilities/skills: Pretty strong, especially her legs (her arms are WEAK). If you gave her a sword she could probably handle it alright, but she would be too frightened to try and do battle with it. Her cat form has regular cat abilities (good vision, excellent hearing, etc) and those sometimes pop up in her human form as well.

Stats: Okay i think I've figured this out, let's try it!
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 14
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 12
Magic: 17
Charisma: 10
Stealth: 10

Strengths: Drawing, remembering things, proving her point, making others laugh, making friends, acting, and singing

Weaknesses: being optimistic, ENDING ARGUMENTS

Dislikes: Wip

Fears: Ground bees and wasps, both of which are pretty bad but ground bees are a lot worse. Side effects include screaming, itchiness, running inside the nearest building and lots of paranoid looking over her shoulder.

Backstory: (actual backstory part:) when Ana was young, she was fascinated by giant reptiles. Back then it was dinosaurs, she was obsessed with them and she loved drawing them. Then one day when she was six, she watched a movie with dragons in it and became completely obsessed with them. Her mother bought her a book called 'Drawing Dragons' for Christmas and Ana started practicing drawing them. She wasn't very good.
Then one day when she was eleven, she went to her favorite sleepaway camp, but this time it was different. One night they were cooking out in the woods and Ana had a strange desire to stay in the woods and not go back at midnight, like they usually did. She found she really really wanted to stay and sleep in the woods and never leave. Become an animal of some sort and stay. She felt a strange connection with the trees. As she was gathering firewood away from everyone else, she felt a strange sensation and suddenly, the trees looked much taller. She looked down and her hands were paws! She was a cat! She tried to feel the sensation again and suddenly she was herself again. She didn't tell anyone or dwell on it but she felt elated.
When she returned home from the trip, she felt like new. However, when she saw her family, she noticed something weird. Her little brother had the same strange feeling about him, and so did her dad, but not her mom. She wondered about this for a while until she told her parents and her father told her about magic.
Later that week, they took Ana to a secret place run by a very powerful woman named Ms. Smith. She had magic that could reveal what a person's powers were. Ana showed her how she could make the plants in pots grow. Ms Smith used her magic to turn Ana into a cat, then she discovered that Ana could also turn into a dragon, which was rare.
She jotted down a few more things Ana could do and sent her back home. That place would be a new thing she did, once a week on Saturdays she'd come and learn about magic with other students.
(What happened before the blackout part:) Ana was wandering through the woods. She'd had a mission and she had to get across country to meet up with a few others, including some of her friends who'd been sent already. She'd done it before, knew the dangers and what not to do. Everything was going fine until she was flying through the sky as a dragon and she noticed something weird looking in the sky with her. It was black, and writhing, and radiated evil ((Think the 'It' from the movie A Wrinkle In Time)). She wasn't sure what to do, but it seemed like if she flew any closer she'd be incinerated by the pure evil of it. She flew in the opposite direction in a panic when the thing rushed at her and swallowed her whole.

Personality: Ana is funny and usually good at making friends. She can sometimes be stubborn and bossy. Sometimes she'll try to tease one of her friends and end up hurting their feelings, but she never does it on purpose and she's usually very kind. She used to be homeschooled and was quite popular. She had many friends, most human but some with magic. Listening to good music and doing magic at the same time is one of her favorite things to do, the music seems to wrap itself around her and in her and sometimes when she's alone she'll make balls of light dance around her or images appear in front of her using her magic.

Trivia:
Heritage - Her grandmother on her father's side was a dragon by the name of Coral who lived in the oceans around greece. She had the ability to turn into a human and she lived among the humans for a long time. She met Ana's grandfather and they got married. Coral (or Elena as the humans called her) still had magic when she was human, so their sons both had magic. She named the first Stingray, after her father, but to the humans he would be known as Charalompos (or Harry in english). He became Ana's father. He had magic too, and despite being completely human he'd inherited his mother's ability, except he could turn from human to dragon and back again instead of dragon to human and back again. He lived in greece for a long time, studying english and many other languages. He moved to England to go to college, and not long after his parents got divorced. After a while, he moved to america where he met Amy, a young woman who'd been studying english and literature. They soon got married and had their first child, a girl who they named Anastasia after Harry's father Anastasos. Two years later they had a second child, who they named John Donald Agapides after Amy's father, Donald John Schaap.
Smoky-Bantam-Fangar.png ~call me Amethyst!
~she/her
~straight
~Fr+3
~check out this super cool hatchery!
~and this other cool subspecies!
~Idk
~Every day I play a game online where you dress up overgrown lizards. Oh wait...
[b]Full Name:[/b] Nephrus [b]Nicknames:[/b] Neph [b]Original Roleplay:[/b] [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2905148#post_2905148]Wander Wilds[/url] [b]Species:[/b] Tiefling [b]Age:[/b] 18 [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Pronouns:[/b] He/him [b]Sexuality:[/b] Gay boi [b]Blood type:[/b] O-, its tinted blue and is freezing though [b]Appearance:[/b] [img]https://munsterspirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Neph.png[/img] Art is mine! Unlike most tieflings, Neph is blue and cold to the touch, an oddity among oddities. He has a long tail, long pointed ears, and horns that curve that curve upwards with little forks. His hair is a darker blue and is very messy and unkempt. His arms have strange markings on them and his eyes are a vibrant blue. Neph travels very light. He wears simple, worn leather armor and carries a small bag, just enough room for whatever he needs. Inside his bag he carries some food in a pouch, an old blanket, a stone to sharpen his dagger with, and a few materials that are needed for traps. He has two holster pouches on a belt, one is a dagger that he uses to defend himself with and the other is a hunting knife that he uses to skin his food and cut with. [b]Height:[/b] 5’6” [b]Powers/special abilities:[/b] He’s cold to the touch, a living ice cube. His breath is icy cold and fogs in all temperatures but the coldest of winter. He has a weak connection to magic and can use ice spells. The reason his magic is high is because he has a special ability that allows others to draw magic from him, temporarily boosting their magic stat. [b]Abilities/skills:[/b] Neph has good survival skills. He knows how to track, he’s better with smaller animals, but can do larger ones, he knows how to set up a trap to capture what he is tracking, and he knows how to start a fire. He’s also very stealthy, being silent and quick on his feet, using his tail to keep balance in precarious situations. Neph also has a better time seeing in dark spaces and staying awake for long hours, so he’ll keep watch if necessary. He also knows how to use a dagger, kind of. Don’t count on him being your protection. [b]Stats:[/b] Strength: 8 Dexterity: 18 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 14 Magic: 10 Charisma: 3 Stealth: 18 [b]Strengths:[/b] Surprise attacks, escaping, noticing small details, [b]Weaknesses:[/b] (What are they bad at?) Large group fights, ranged fights, [b]Likes:[/b] When no one is talking but there is still some sort of background noise, fire, warm safe places [b]Dislikes:[/b] Loud sudden noises, being the center of attention, pure silence. [b]Fears:[/b] Pure silence: he needs some sort of noise to stimulate his mind. If not he’s become a bit loopy getting scared of every sound that is made. Being watched: He constantly is checking everywhere because he ‘things there are eyes everywhere constantly watching him’ If he does find something he’ll get even more paranoid [b]Backstory:[/b] Shunned by all races, even fellow tieflings, Neph grew up alone. He never really understood why he was hated so much, why eyes were always on him when he entered towns and why children seemed scared when they saw him. So, he learned to live in the woods, where no one would be watching him. He learned to set traps by watching the occasional hunters that would come through and learned to track after days of starving. It all started when Neph was abandoned around the age of five. His parents never really seemed to love him, they simply kept him alive, and when they left him Neph finally understood why. He was unwanted, they didn't like him, nobody in their small town did. So, he began his journey to the next town, getting away from his so-called 'home'. By the time Neph got to the next town he was starving, shaking from the lack of energy; his clothes resembled rags from the harsh conditions he had to endure. He walked into the marketplace, looking from person to person as a look of fear, hatred, disgust, or a mixture of all of them crossed their faces. He slowly walked through town, trying to ignore the looks that were being cast at him, after all he just wanted food and water. Eventually he found someone who took pity on him, they gave him food, water and a blanket. They continued to give him supplies for several weeks, however Neph had to stay out of sight during the day due the fact of how unwanted he was in the town. However, one day someone saw the two together, and soon an angry mob had formed in the town, gathering around the house Neph was staying in. That afternoon, Neph's helper was executed for helping a demon. Neph wasn't the same after that, afraid that something like this would happen again. He began traveling from town to town, doing small, unwanted jobs to earn some money, slowly getting further and further away from his past, though he never forgot it. Eventually he found a larger town by the woods, and so he stayed there, living in the woods so as to not disturb the residents of the town. He's been living there up until now, doing small jobs to survive and hunting for his survival. However, one day he saw something strange. One of the traps that he had set was up, as if had caught something. Upon closer inspection Neph discovered that there was some sort of black thing in his trap. It seemed to constantly pluseate grow, as if trying to escape. He reached out to touch, and then the world was black. Neph has been in the betweenlands a month longer then everyone else, he knows his way around, or at least knows how to somewhat navigate the shifting landscape. He’ll basically be everyone’s guide. [b]Personality:[/b] Neph has a hard time trusting people. He is very paranoid, always thinking that he is being watched or followed, and is also very jumpy because of this. Living in the betweenlands hasn’t helped. He worries constantly and doesn’t have good communication skills, so he stutters around new people who he doesn’t know. He’s also constantly nervous and has social anxiety, however he is also very kind. Neph will try and please others as much as possible, even if he ends up hurting himself in the process. [b]Trivia:[/b] [LIST] [*]Shivers, twitches, and jerks in an unnatural manner involuntary, he can't stop it even if he tried [*]Any sudden, out of place noise will scare him, his reactions vary [*]He hates giving handshakes and high fives because of how cold he is [*]The blanket that he has is the same blanket from the person who helped him [*]He won't let anyone get truely close to him because of what happened in his past [*]He likes fire, it makes him feel warm even if he isn't [/LIST]
Full Name: Nephrus

Nicknames: Neph

Original Roleplay: Wander Wilds

Species: Tiefling

Pronouns: He/him

Sexuality: Gay boi

Blood type: O-, its tinted blue and is freezing though

Appearance:
Neph.png

Art is mine!

Unlike most tieflings, Neph is blue and cold to the touch, an oddity among oddities. He has a long tail, long pointed ears, and horns that curve that curve upwards with little forks. His hair is a darker blue and is very messy and unkempt. His arms have strange markings on them and his eyes are a vibrant blue.

Neph travels very light. He wears simple, worn leather armor and carries a small bag, just enough room for whatever he needs. Inside his bag he carries some food in a pouch, an old blanket, a stone to sharpen his dagger with, and a few materials that are needed for traps. He has two holster pouches on a belt, one is a dagger that he uses to defend himself with and the other is a hunting knife that he uses to skin his food and cut with.

Height: 5’6”

Powers/special abilities: He’s cold to the touch, a living ice cube. His breath is icy cold and fogs in all temperatures but the coldest of winter. He has a weak connection to magic and can use ice spells. The reason his magic is high is because he has a special ability that allows others to draw magic from him, temporarily boosting their magic stat.

Abilities/skills: Neph has good survival skills. He knows how to track, he’s better with smaller animals, but can do larger ones, he knows how to set up a trap to capture what he is tracking, and he knows how to start a fire. He’s also very stealthy, being silent and quick on his feet, using his tail to keep balance in precarious situations. Neph also has a better time seeing in dark spaces and staying awake for long hours, so he’ll keep watch if necessary. He also knows how to use a dagger, kind of. Don’t count on him being your protection.

Stats:
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 18
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 14
Magic: 10
Charisma: 3
Stealth: 18

Strengths: Surprise attacks, escaping, noticing small details,

Weaknesses: (What are they bad at?) Large group fights, ranged fights,

Likes: When no one is talking but there is still some sort of background noise, fire, warm safe places

Dislikes: Loud sudden noises, being the center of attention, pure silence.

Fears:
Pure silence: he needs some sort of noise to stimulate his mind. If not he’s become a bit loopy getting scared of every sound that is made.
Being watched: He constantly is checking everywhere because he ‘things there are eyes everywhere constantly watching him’ If he does find something he’ll get even more paranoid

Backstory: Shunned by all races, even fellow tieflings, Neph grew up alone. He never really understood why he was hated so much, why eyes were always on him when he entered towns and why children seemed scared when they saw him. So, he learned to live in the woods, where no one would be watching him. He learned to set traps by watching the occasional hunters that would come through and learned to track after days of starving.

It all started when Neph was abandoned around the age of five. His parents never really seemed to love him, they simply kept him alive, and when they left him Neph finally understood why. He was unwanted, they didn't like him, nobody in their small town did. So, he began his journey to the next town, getting away from his so-called 'home'.

By the time Neph got to the next town he was starving, shaking from the lack of energy; his clothes resembled rags from the harsh conditions he had to endure. He walked into the marketplace, looking from person to person as a look of fear, hatred, disgust, or a mixture of all of them crossed their faces. He slowly walked through town, trying to ignore the looks that were being cast at him, after all he just wanted food and water. Eventually he found someone who took pity on him, they gave him food, water and a blanket.

They continued to give him supplies for several weeks, however Neph had to stay out of sight during the day due the fact of how unwanted he was in the town. However, one day someone saw the two together, and soon an angry mob had formed in the town, gathering around the house Neph was staying in. That afternoon, Neph's helper was executed for helping a demon. Neph wasn't the same after that, afraid that something like this would happen again.

He began traveling from town to town, doing small, unwanted jobs to earn some money, slowly getting further and further away from his past, though he never forgot it. Eventually he found a larger town by the woods, and so he stayed there, living in the woods so as to not disturb the residents of the town. He's been living there up until now, doing small jobs to survive and hunting for his survival.

However, one day he saw something strange. One of the traps that he had set was up, as if had caught something. Upon closer inspection Neph discovered that there was some sort of black thing in his trap. It seemed to constantly pluseate grow, as if trying to escape. He reached out to touch, and then the world was black. Neph has been in the betweenlands a month longer then everyone else, he knows his way around, or at least knows how to somewhat navigate the shifting landscape. He’ll basically be everyone’s guide.

Personality: Neph has a hard time trusting people. He is very paranoid, always thinking that he is being watched or followed, and is also very jumpy because of this. Living in the betweenlands hasn’t helped. He worries constantly and doesn’t have good communication skills, so he stutters around new people who he doesn’t know. He’s also constantly nervous and has social anxiety, however he is also very kind. Neph will try and please others as much as possible, even if he ends up hurting himself in the process.

Trivia:
  • Shivers, twitches, and jerks in an unnatural manner involuntary, he can't stop it even if he tried
  • Any sudden, out of place noise will scare him, his reactions vary
  • He hates giving handshakes and high fives because of how cold he is
  • The blanket that he has is the same blanket from the person who helped him
  • He won't let anyone get truely close to him because of what happened in his past
  • He likes fire, it makes him feel warm even if he isn't
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Wait, so do we get 20 extra points or 15? The application says 20, but if I did the math right, your character (Scales) has only 15.
Wait, so do we get 20 extra points or 15? The application says 20, but if I did the math right, your character (Scales) has only 15.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
[b]Full Name[/b]: Vanir Forrester [b]Nicknames[/b]: N/A [b]Original Roleplay[/b]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2875317/1]Good Things Come To Those Who Wait[/url] [b]Species[/b]: Human [b]Age[/b]: 20 [b]Gender[/b]: Male [b]Pronouns[/b]: he/him [b]Sexuality[/b]: Gay [b]Blood type[/b]: B+ [b]Appearance[/b]: Vanir is a pale guy who leans a little on the short side, with straight blonde hair and light bluish-grey eyes. On more than one occasion, he has been mistaken for a female due to how long his hair is. It’s usually kept back in some sort of messy ponytail or long braid, but there is a clump that tends to hang over the right side of his face. He has smooth features, and might be considered slightly attractive. Overall, he seems rather slim and flimsy, but he does have the build of a runner. As far as attire goes, Vanir is often found under mountains and mountains of layers. On a hot day, he’s wearing a tunic with long sleeves and tights under it, and a bit of leather armor on top. On a cold day, you can barely tell there’s a human under all of the clothing. Casual wear typically consists of a dark tunic with the usual undergarments and armor, and a large mantle over it with a cape behind him. The top of his cloak has a long hood, as well as many folds bunched up around his neck. It was probably meant for a larger person to wear. He’s usually wearing teardrop-shaped purple earrings. Simple reference by me: [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/d1955abc4c7565be162b22a47887c1e7/b45922902a3c5549-3a/s1280x1920/c9a9e8ce4ec9f9f0e358df2fc08b3126574528f2.jpg[/img] [b]Height[/b]: 5’3” [b]Powers/special abilities:[/b] He knows that magic exists, but he is not physically capable of using it. Magic items? Sure, why not. He just can’t cast a spell on his own. In fact, magic is rare in his world of origin, so his minimal understanding of it is based on vague legends and folktales. To quote myself from his previous RP, “he wouldn’t know what to do with magic even if it slapped him in the face.” [b]Abilities/skills[/b]: Vanir’s most notable and obvious trait is that he’s quick. Both on his feet and with his movements in general, he is fast and graceful. He can jump quite high for a human, and his smooth landings from almost any height have been described as catlike. Because he has been pursuing the hobby for an extended period of time and practicing with every spare moment he has, he is practically a sharpshooter with his bow. He keeps his faithful weapon strapped to the back of his torso at all times, and has a quiver on his belt. He is also skilled in handling any animal, especially horses, and he can fire a bow while riding without difficulty. [b]Stats[/b]: Strength: 10 Dexterity: 18 Intelligence: 16 Wisdom: 15 Magic: 1 Charisma: 6 Stealth: 19 [b]Strengths[/b]: Stealth and agility, handling animals, long range fights, basic swordplay [b]Weaknesses[/b]: Negotiations/diplomacy, magic, large and chaotic battles, is often callous [b]Likes[/b]: Dark colors (specifically purple), reading, money [b]Dislikes[/b]: Hypocrites, mysteries, being short [b]Fears[/b]: Magic makes him uneasy, since he’s so unfamiliar with it. He’s afraid of heights, but he would never admit it. His worst fear is being completely powerless in any situation. [b]Backstory[/b]: Vanir was born outside of the city of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2875317/1#post_43703908]Calontus[/url], in a more rural area. One would think that he would become exceptionally strong after growing up working on a farm, but he has two older brothers, and he often used his intellect to trick them into doing his work for him. He always had a dream of becoming a scholar and going to a university, but it was very hard to work up from being a farmhand to living in a fancy city. Resigned to his fate as the third son of a mediocre farmer, he tried his best to obtain and read every book he could get his pale little hands on, but other than that made no further attempts at pursuing a formal education. Because he had always disliked farming, he’d try to discover other hobbies in the free time he carved out for himself, such as archery. When he received a letter to come to the mysterious Velna Manor, Vanir was intrigued. Not only was it curious that they called for a relatively poor man who barley made a living off of the family farm, but they specifically asked for him, instead of his parents or older siblings. He was naturally suspicious of the letter and whomever sent it, but the promise of a reward excited him. Perhaps he could use the money to finally move away from the rural area and get a real education. Interested, he traveled to the manor, where he met three people who had received similar invitations. The owner of the manor instructed them to retrieve two cursed objects for her, with the assistance of her adopted daughter. They succeeded and were rewarded handsomely, although any of their questions about the items were ignored. The five adventurers parted ways, and never heard from each other again. Vanir returned to the farm at first, and was gathering his belongings to finally move away when the shockwave occurred. Some inexplicable magical event had destroyed an entire district of the city, including Velna Manor. He couldn’t help but wonder if it was somehow connected to his quest, but that was in the past now. He left Calontus without a second thought, finally achieving his dream of a true education. A year passed. Without warning, wars suddenly erupted all over the kingdom, and the academy he was now attending was right in the middle of it all. The last thing he remembers before blacking out is sitting in the library and reading a book, wondering when the war would destroy the life he’d worked so hard for, when the wall of the library suddenly exploded in a shower of unnatural light. When he woke up, everything had changed. (If this seems really vague, it’s because of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2875321/9#post_44186226]how the RP abruptly ended[/url]) [b]Personality[/b]: At first glance, most people would simply describe Vanir as “quiet,” and they wouldn’t be wrong. He definitely prefers to stick to the shadows whenever possible, but he’s by no means shy; he just finds that it’s easier to focus on his thoughts when he doesn’t have to simultaneously contribute to a conversation. He’s the kind of person to eavesdrop on the conversations of others, and add in the occasional quip or two even if they didn’t ask for it. When he’s not eavesdropping, he tends to get lost in his thoughts and blind to the people around him unless someone can snap him out of his trance. Even if he isn’t deliberately ignoring the world around him, he’s a man of few words. People might make a lot of assumptions of him based on this, and he makes no effort to correct them. Although you might not be able to tell due to how reserved he is, Vanir is actually very intelligent. He just doesn’t see why he should share this intelligence with the world at times. Once he finds himself in a completely new situation, he’ll take in everything the scene has to offer before setting aside some alone time to think it over. Sometimes he’ll just appear to zone out for a few seconds before deciding that there’s nothing of interest and snapping back to reality. Unless a drastic change occurs, he usually only gives his surroundings a full scan once, as he has an excellent memory. Vanir often has the mentality of “I’m not here to make friends,” and thus can seem very aloof when you first meet him. He finds that once an introduction is over, there’s very little you can learn about a person that they will simply tell you, as he always assumes that everyone is lying. That’s why he often listens in on people when they think he’s dissociating; in his opinion, people only show their true colors when they think no one is watching. He’s not necessarily out to get anyone, but he finds that it’s nice to know all the facts about someone, just in case. [b]Trivia[/b]: [LIST] [*]True Neutral [*]Comes from a medieval setting [*]Uses a simple wooden recurve bow [*]Has a nice accent [/LIST] Went ahead and used 15 extra points instead of 20, just in case. I might add someone else later. Also, I didn’t realize how extreme this guy’s stats were until now. Dang.
Full Name: Vanir Forrester

Nicknames: N/A

Original Roleplay: Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

Species: Human

Pronouns: he/him

Sexuality: Gay

Blood type: B+

Appearance: Vanir is a pale guy who leans a little on the short side, with straight blonde hair and light bluish-grey eyes. On more than one occasion, he has been mistaken for a female due to how long his hair is. It’s usually kept back in some sort of messy ponytail or long braid, but there is a clump that tends to hang over the right side of his face. He has smooth features, and might be considered slightly attractive. Overall, he seems rather slim and flimsy, but he does have the build of a runner.

As far as attire goes, Vanir is often found under mountains and mountains of layers. On a hot day, he’s wearing a tunic with long sleeves and tights under it, and a bit of leather armor on top. On a cold day, you can barely tell there’s a human under all of the clothing. Casual wear typically consists of a dark tunic with the usual undergarments and armor, and a large mantle over it with a cape behind him. The top of his cloak has a long hood, as well as many folds bunched up around his neck. It was probably meant for a larger person to wear. He’s usually wearing teardrop-shaped purple earrings.

Simple reference by me:
c9a9e8ce4ec9f9f0e358df2fc08b3126574528f2.jpg

Height: 5’3”

Powers/special abilities: He knows that magic exists, but he is not physically capable of using it. Magic items? Sure, why not. He just can’t cast a spell on his own. In fact, magic is rare in his world of origin, so his minimal understanding of it is based on vague legends and folktales. To quote myself from his previous RP, “he wouldn’t know what to do with magic even if it slapped him in the face.”

Abilities/skills: Vanir’s most notable and obvious trait is that he’s quick. Both on his feet and with his movements in general, he is fast and graceful. He can jump quite high for a human, and his smooth landings from almost any height have been described as catlike. Because he has been pursuing the hobby for an extended period of time and practicing with every spare moment he has, he is practically a sharpshooter with his bow. He keeps his faithful weapon strapped to the back of his torso at all times, and has a quiver on his belt. He is also skilled in handling any animal, especially horses, and he can fire a bow while riding without difficulty.

Stats:
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 18
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 15
Magic: 1
Charisma: 6
Stealth: 19

Strengths: Stealth and agility, handling animals, long range fights, basic swordplay

Weaknesses: Negotiations/diplomacy, magic, large and chaotic battles, is often callous

Dislikes: Hypocrites, mysteries, being short

Fears: Magic makes him uneasy, since he’s so unfamiliar with it. He’s afraid of heights, but he would never admit it. His worst fear is being completely powerless in any situation.

Backstory: Vanir was born outside of the city of Calontus, in a more rural area. One would think that he would become exceptionally strong after growing up working on a farm, but he has two older brothers, and he often used his intellect to trick them into doing his work for him. He always had a dream of becoming a scholar and going to a university, but it was very hard to work up from being a farmhand to living in a fancy city. Resigned to his fate as the third son of a mediocre farmer, he tried his best to obtain and read every book he could get his pale little hands on, but other than that made no further attempts at pursuing a formal education. Because he had always disliked farming, he’d try to discover other hobbies in the free time he carved out for himself, such as archery.

When he received a letter to come to the mysterious Velna Manor, Vanir was intrigued. Not only was it curious that they called for a relatively poor man who barley made a living off of the family farm, but they specifically asked for him, instead of his parents or older siblings. He was naturally suspicious of the letter and whomever sent it, but the promise of a reward excited him. Perhaps he could use the money to finally move away from the rural area and get a real education.

Interested, he traveled to the manor, where he met three people who had received similar invitations. The owner of the manor instructed them to retrieve two cursed objects for her, with the assistance of her adopted daughter. They succeeded and were rewarded handsomely, although any of their questions about the items were ignored. The five adventurers parted ways, and never heard from each other again. Vanir returned to the farm at first, and was gathering his belongings to finally move away when the shockwave occurred. Some inexplicable magical event had destroyed an entire district of the city, including Velna Manor. He couldn’t help but wonder if it was somehow connected to his quest, but that was in the past now. He left Calontus without a second thought, finally achieving his dream of a true education.

A year passed. Without warning, wars suddenly erupted all over the kingdom, and the academy he was now attending was right in the middle of it all. The last thing he remembers before blacking out is sitting in the library and reading a book, wondering when the war would destroy the life he’d worked so hard for, when the wall of the library suddenly exploded in a shower of unnatural light. When he woke up, everything had changed.

(If this seems really vague, it’s because of how the RP abruptly ended)

Personality: At first glance, most people would simply describe Vanir as “quiet,” and they wouldn’t be wrong. He definitely prefers to stick to the shadows whenever possible, but he’s by no means shy; he just finds that it’s easier to focus on his thoughts when he doesn’t have to simultaneously contribute to a conversation. He’s the kind of person to eavesdrop on the conversations of others, and add in the occasional quip or two even if they didn’t ask for it. When he’s not eavesdropping, he tends to get lost in his thoughts and blind to the people around him unless someone can snap him out of his trance. Even if he isn’t deliberately ignoring the world around him, he’s a man of few words. People might make a lot of assumptions of him based on this, and he makes no effort to correct them.

Although you might not be able to tell due to how reserved he is, Vanir is actually very intelligent. He just doesn’t see why he should share this intelligence with the world at times. Once he finds himself in a completely new situation, he’ll take in everything the scene has to offer before setting aside some alone time to think it over. Sometimes he’ll just appear to zone out for a few seconds before deciding that there’s nothing of interest and snapping back to reality. Unless a drastic change occurs, he usually only gives his surroundings a full scan once, as he has an excellent memory.

Vanir often has the mentality of “I’m not here to make friends,” and thus can seem very aloof when you first meet him. He finds that once an introduction is over, there’s very little you can learn about a person that they will simply tell you, as he always assumes that everyone is lying. That’s why he often listens in on people when they think he’s dissociating; in his opinion, people only show their true colors when they think no one is watching. He’s not necessarily out to get anyone, but he finds that it’s nice to know all the facts about someone, just in case.

Trivia:
  • True Neutral
  • Comes from a medieval setting
  • Uses a simple wooden recurve bow
  • Has a nice accent

Went ahead and used 15 extra points instead of 20, just in case. I might add someone else later. Also, I didn’t realize how extreme this guy’s stats were until now. Dang.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
Ah yes, I forgot to edit it but everyone is meant to 15 points, 20 is a bit too much.
^^

I’ll edit that rn
Ah yes, I forgot to edit it but everyone is meant to 15 points, 20 is a bit too much.
^^

I’ll edit that rn
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Just checked up on the main page to see what the stats correlated to, dear god do they fit much more than I first expected-

a nice chaotic stupid
Just checked up on the main page to see what the stats correlated to, dear god do they fit much more than I first expected-

a nice chaotic stupid

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
Just gonna give y'all a warning, I'm working for like five hours. Bleh. It'll be around 16:00 to 21:00FR time. I swear I'm not dead.
Just gonna give y'all a warning, I'm working for like five hours. Bleh. It'll be around 16:00 to 21:00FR time. I swear I'm not dead.
I'm a pansexual with she/her pronouns. I don't mind a message or a ping! Timezone is +1 FR time.
Currently: Grew UP in the French court, oui oui bonjour, life was a chore so...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53