Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Good Things Come to Those Who Wait (IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Wolfgang turned her full attention to Jarin. Slowly and carefully, she swished her tail out and took off her hat to show her ears.
"I'm a hellhound. I'm stronger and more resilient than you humans will ever be. This isn't my true form. if that man's house is warded, I'll revert back the instant i step over the threshold."
Wolfgang turned her full attention to Jarin. Slowly and carefully, she swished her tail out and took off her hat to show her ears.
"I'm a hellhound. I'm stronger and more resilient than you humans will ever be. This isn't my true form. if that man's house is warded, I'll revert back the instant i step over the threshold."
66.png
Majkku listened to the three humans, thy took it better than he expected. He then watched Wolfgang reveal ears and a tail, saying that she was a hellhound. That explains the growling sound. “I-I’m n-not i-illusioned...” Majkku said softly. Slowly, he lifted up his ears until they were visible. “I-I’m a f-fu d-d-dog. I-I’ve got t-these e-ears and h-horns.” He moved his hair to show his horns. It was weird, revealing how he wasn’t human. “B-Because I-I’m a f-fu d-dog I c-can t-talk to animals.” Majkku was quiet again, embarrassed and unsure of what to say next.
Majkku listened to the three humans, thy took it better than he expected. He then watched Wolfgang reveal ears and a tail, saying that she was a hellhound. That explains the growling sound. “I-I’m n-not i-illusioned...” Majkku said softly. Slowly, he lifted up his ears until they were visible. “I-I’m a f-fu d-d-dog. I-I’ve got t-these e-ears and h-horns.” He moved his hair to show his horns. It was weird, revealing how he wasn’t human. “B-Because I-I’m a f-fu d-dog I c-can t-talk to animals.” Majkku was quiet again, embarrassed and unsure of what to say next.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Vanir watched both of them reveal their inhuman features, curious. All of the information they were providing would surely prove useful later. Wolf seemed to be an excellent warrior, based on her abilities, and Majkku... hmm. Having a connection to animals didn’t sound particularly useful in a heist. Did this collector they were robbing have guard dogs? Then again, this ability might explain why Malanya was being so agreeable. There was no way he’d acted nice out of the goodness of his heart.

Since no one else came forward with confessions, Vanir decided that it was time to move on to planning. “Alright, so how do we plan on doing this?” He asked, stepping forward. “Lydia, you seem to be the most familiar with this man, aside from Jarin.” He’d already deduced that Jarin wasn’t exactly forthcoming with info, so he didn’t bother. “Do you really believe the three of you could impress him with your magic? If not, you also have more experience with these... mansions than I do. Any spots that are prime for invasions?”
Vanir watched both of them reveal their inhuman features, curious. All of the information they were providing would surely prove useful later. Wolf seemed to be an excellent warrior, based on her abilities, and Majkku... hmm. Having a connection to animals didn’t sound particularly useful in a heist. Did this collector they were robbing have guard dogs? Then again, this ability might explain why Malanya was being so agreeable. There was no way he’d acted nice out of the goodness of his heart.

Since no one else came forward with confessions, Vanir decided that it was time to move on to planning. “Alright, so how do we plan on doing this?” He asked, stepping forward. “Lydia, you seem to be the most familiar with this man, aside from Jarin.” He’d already deduced that Jarin wasn’t exactly forthcoming with info, so he didn’t bother. “Do you really believe the three of you could impress him with your magic? If not, you also have more experience with these... mansions than I do. Any spots that are prime for invasions?”
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
Lydia contemplated Vanir's questions for a moment.
"We would definitely be able to impress him some, but he's become rather paranoid in recent years. Considering that Wolfgang's and my aspect of the show cannot be performed within the boundaries of the property, he may refuse."
She thought for a moment longer.
"As for entrance points...you could try the chimney, if you really want to, but I recommend windows and balconies."
Lydia contemplated Vanir's questions for a moment.
"We would definitely be able to impress him some, but he's become rather paranoid in recent years. Considering that Wolfgang's and my aspect of the show cannot be performed within the boundaries of the property, he may refuse."
She thought for a moment longer.
"As for entrance points...you could try the chimney, if you really want to, but I recommend windows and balconies."
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
"I'm not much for planning, so you lot tell me when you're done. Since I can't hold up a glamor in a warded house, just say i'm someone's pet. I can get into places human's can't."
Wolfgang turned and shed her glamour, causing the floor to creak slightly. she lay down and curled her tail over her nose
"I'm not much for planning, so you lot tell me when you're done. Since I can't hold up a glamor in a warded house, just say i'm someone's pet. I can get into places human's can't."
Wolfgang turned and shed her glamour, causing the floor to creak slightly. she lay down and curled her tail over her nose
66.png
Majkku watched as Wolfgang shed her glamor, turning into a large dog. He jumped back in surprise, still scared and embarrassed. If there are plants around, I could make them grow so we could enter through higher places. I wouldn’t like to, but if we have no other option... He didn’t say any of this out loud, his magic would remain a secret for now. “I-If t-there a-are any an-animals, e-either on h-his property o-or a-any t-that w-we pass o-on the way, I-I could h-have t-them c-come with us.” He’d seen quite a variety of animals on his way here. Maybe there was a bear or something... Maybe I could impress him without magic. Maybe that could work...
Majkku watched as Wolfgang shed her glamor, turning into a large dog. He jumped back in surprise, still scared and embarrassed. If there are plants around, I could make them grow so we could enter through higher places. I wouldn’t like to, but if we have no other option... He didn’t say any of this out loud, his magic would remain a secret for now. “I-If t-there a-are any an-animals, e-either on h-his property o-or a-any t-that w-we pass o-on the way, I-I could h-have t-them c-come with us.” He’d seen quite a variety of animals on his way here. Maybe there was a bear or something... Maybe I could impress him without magic. Maybe that could work...
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Ending

Three Months Ago

A woman in a deep blue dress stands in a dark room, holding a thick book in one hand and a glittering crystal dagger in the other. Without a second thought, she drives the blade into the gem on the book’s cover. The flash of light that follows illuminates the room, revealing a shattered mirror, a torn tapestry, a broken necklace, and a bent sword. A few glass shards litter the ground at her feet.

The shockwave is felt for miles.

Present Day

Lydia sits in the corner of the bar, fidgeting with one of her knives. She’s cloaked in a simple illusion, giving her the appearance of a young man. It isn't likely anyone would recognize her, but she isn’t taking any chances. She’d woken up a week ago to a note slipped under her pillow, with a date and an address. Which is how she ended up here. Two hundred miles away from the place she’d lived her whole life.

She was still in a perpetual state of disbelief from that event. They had known that the energy release would be tremendous, but the sheer destructive force… made her wish they’d chosen a place a little bit farther from the city.

The initial blast did the most damage. It demolished the manor and Wallside. They were lucky Calontus had walls, as the damage within the city was much less extensive, but the Major district still suffered heavy losses.

What followed couldn’t really be called an explosion, it was more a smaller flash of power, or really six, in quick succession. From that point forward, she wasn’t really sure what had happened. All she knew was that there had been loud voices, and that she’d woken up in an inn a few villages west of the city, with a bag of her belongings and an amethyst necklace. She knew better than to sell it.

Since then, she’d wandered the countryside with her ears to the ground, searching for any sign of the demons. She’d heard nothing. No talk of deals too good to be true, no talk of magical individuals disappearing in the dead of night, nothing. She didn’t know what to think.

She is startled out of her thoughts when a cloaked figure steps into the bar, and everyone goes quiet. The figure is innocuous, nothing about them should draw attention, but with their entrance comes a sort of… presence, a weight pressing down on everyone within reach. Taking this as her cue, she stands and crosses to meet the figure, dropping the illusion as she does. No one really registers the change, but the figure acknowledges it by removing their hood, revealing a muscled man with dark skin and hair.

“Acolyte,” he says in a deep voice.

Lydia, knowing the looks of the six demons by heart from her lessons, nods. “Demise. Time to go?”

“Yes.”

She steps forward to within reach, and from her shadow tendrils rise up to incase the two. When they dissipate, the two are gone.

The bar is silent.
Ending

Three Months Ago

A woman in a deep blue dress stands in a dark room, holding a thick book in one hand and a glittering crystal dagger in the other. Without a second thought, she drives the blade into the gem on the book’s cover. The flash of light that follows illuminates the room, revealing a shattered mirror, a torn tapestry, a broken necklace, and a bent sword. A few glass shards litter the ground at her feet.

The shockwave is felt for miles.

Present Day

Lydia sits in the corner of the bar, fidgeting with one of her knives. She’s cloaked in a simple illusion, giving her the appearance of a young man. It isn't likely anyone would recognize her, but she isn’t taking any chances. She’d woken up a week ago to a note slipped under her pillow, with a date and an address. Which is how she ended up here. Two hundred miles away from the place she’d lived her whole life.

She was still in a perpetual state of disbelief from that event. They had known that the energy release would be tremendous, but the sheer destructive force… made her wish they’d chosen a place a little bit farther from the city.

The initial blast did the most damage. It demolished the manor and Wallside. They were lucky Calontus had walls, as the damage within the city was much less extensive, but the Major district still suffered heavy losses.

What followed couldn’t really be called an explosion, it was more a smaller flash of power, or really six, in quick succession. From that point forward, she wasn’t really sure what had happened. All she knew was that there had been loud voices, and that she’d woken up in an inn a few villages west of the city, with a bag of her belongings and an amethyst necklace. She knew better than to sell it.

Since then, she’d wandered the countryside with her ears to the ground, searching for any sign of the demons. She’d heard nothing. No talk of deals too good to be true, no talk of magical individuals disappearing in the dead of night, nothing. She didn’t know what to think.

She is startled out of her thoughts when a cloaked figure steps into the bar, and everyone goes quiet. The figure is innocuous, nothing about them should draw attention, but with their entrance comes a sort of… presence, a weight pressing down on everyone within reach. Taking this as her cue, she stands and crosses to meet the figure, dropping the illusion as she does. No one really registers the change, but the figure acknowledges it by removing their hood, revealing a muscled man with dark skin and hair.

“Acolyte,” he says in a deep voice.

Lydia, knowing the looks of the six demons by heart from her lessons, nods. “Demise. Time to go?”

“Yes.”

She steps forward to within reach, and from her shadow tendrils rise up to incase the two. When they dissipate, the two are gone.

The bar is silent.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9