Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Good Things Come to Those Who Wait (IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Majkku gingerly took the carrots from Vanir and began feeding the horse. It was like he was a little kid again, the joy of meeting a new animal flowing through him. Well, until he heard a growl come from behind him, what was worrying was it sounded like a wolf. He whipped around, startling Kairo and making her panic. However, it turned out to only be Wolfgang. That’s an odd noise to be coming out of a human. However, it was too wolf-like to be an impression. Is she not human or is she really good with animal sounds... This was in the back of Majkku’s head as he kept feeding the horse, before something dawned on him. “What’s his name?” Majkku said to Vanir. He could always ask the horse, but that would be verrrry suspicious so he refrained from doing it.
Majkku gingerly took the carrots from Vanir and began feeding the horse. It was like he was a little kid again, the joy of meeting a new animal flowing through him. Well, until he heard a growl come from behind him, what was worrying was it sounded like a wolf. He whipped around, startling Kairo and making her panic. However, it turned out to only be Wolfgang. That’s an odd noise to be coming out of a human. However, it was too wolf-like to be an impression. Is she not human or is she really good with animal sounds... This was in the back of Majkku’s head as he kept feeding the horse, before something dawned on him. “What’s his name?” Majkku said to Vanir. He could always ask the horse, but that would be verrrry suspicious so he refrained from doing it.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Jarin nodded gratefully.

"Not at all. Thank you for your kindness," he said, "and your discretion, too, I hope. I don't know what it's called. Some mixture the travelling wise-woman I buy it from cooked up...it's the only thing that's ever helped. She comes to the city every couple of months - just tell her it's my usual order."

He stood, nodding once more. "I'll let them know. Thank you again."

Jarin waited until he was in the hall to let a satisfied smile curl his lips. As he walked out the main doors, Majkku's voice reached him, more lively than he'd ever heard it.

“What’s his name?”

Brows rising curiously, Jarin settled in to watch, leaning back against the doors and folding his arms.
Jarin nodded gratefully.

"Not at all. Thank you for your kindness," he said, "and your discretion, too, I hope. I don't know what it's called. Some mixture the travelling wise-woman I buy it from cooked up...it's the only thing that's ever helped. She comes to the city every couple of months - just tell her it's my usual order."

He stood, nodding once more. "I'll let them know. Thank you again."

Jarin waited until he was in the hall to let a satisfied smile curl his lips. As he walked out the main doors, Majkku's voice reached him, more lively than he'd ever heard it.

“What’s his name?”

Brows rising curiously, Jarin settled in to watch, leaning back against the doors and folding his arms.
mart | often afk :(
there's 20+ ppl and 2 computers at my youth shelter
As expected, the boy with the fluffy black hair eagerly took the carrots and wasted no time in feeding the horse. The faintest trace of a smile crossed Vanir’s face. Some might have considered the scene sweet, but in reality he was only amused at how uncharacteristicly calm his horse was acting. Maybe when this little fetch quest was over, he could give him away to Majkku and finally buy a mount that actually obeyed commands. With the large sum of money that he assumed would come from the job, finding a suitable creature to ride should be no problem.

Vanir turned slightly so that his back was against the horse, and began leaning on it when something peculiar came to his attention. Confused, he shifted his gaze towards the other person in their company. His expression was once again neutral, betraying neither entertainment nor curiosity. Even if his face didn’t show it, he was a little intrigued. Had that sound come from Wolfgang? His oldest brother was quite skilled in imitating animal sounds, but he’d never heard such a spot-on growl. He recalled his earlier suspicion of the white haired girl being magical. The ability to replicate certain noises seemed like a strange gift, to be sure, but he couldn’t think of a better explanation. Perhaps it would all come together later.

His attention once again switched subjects when Majkku addressed him. He turned his head to watch the boy feeding his horse carrots. Of course he would want to know the creature’s name. “His name is Malanya,” he answered, looking briefly at the horse in question. “I often just call him Mal.” What he didn’t add was that it doubled as both a shorter nickname and a more accurate title. After all, “Mal” often meant “bad”, and that was something he thought of his horse all of the time. Since the boy seemed to enjoy the horse’s company, he refrained from adding that extra tidbit of information.

Shifting on his feet, Vanir began leaning fully on the horse and settling in for what he assumed would be a long wait, but something in the corner of his vision made him pause. There was movement at the manor. Looking back at the house, he could see that Jarin had already completed his inquiry with Lady Velna, to Vanir’s mild delight. That was much quicker than he’d expected. Silently, he regarded the man in all of his scar-covered glory before glancing over at Lydia. He didn’t say anything, but he shifted his weight slightly off of Malanya to indicate that he was ready to get moving whenever she said the word.
As expected, the boy with the fluffy black hair eagerly took the carrots and wasted no time in feeding the horse. The faintest trace of a smile crossed Vanir’s face. Some might have considered the scene sweet, but in reality he was only amused at how uncharacteristicly calm his horse was acting. Maybe when this little fetch quest was over, he could give him away to Majkku and finally buy a mount that actually obeyed commands. With the large sum of money that he assumed would come from the job, finding a suitable creature to ride should be no problem.

Vanir turned slightly so that his back was against the horse, and began leaning on it when something peculiar came to his attention. Confused, he shifted his gaze towards the other person in their company. His expression was once again neutral, betraying neither entertainment nor curiosity. Even if his face didn’t show it, he was a little intrigued. Had that sound come from Wolfgang? His oldest brother was quite skilled in imitating animal sounds, but he’d never heard such a spot-on growl. He recalled his earlier suspicion of the white haired girl being magical. The ability to replicate certain noises seemed like a strange gift, to be sure, but he couldn’t think of a better explanation. Perhaps it would all come together later.

His attention once again switched subjects when Majkku addressed him. He turned his head to watch the boy feeding his horse carrots. Of course he would want to know the creature’s name. “His name is Malanya,” he answered, looking briefly at the horse in question. “I often just call him Mal.” What he didn’t add was that it doubled as both a shorter nickname and a more accurate title. After all, “Mal” often meant “bad”, and that was something he thought of his horse all of the time. Since the boy seemed to enjoy the horse’s company, he refrained from adding that extra tidbit of information.

Shifting on his feet, Vanir began leaning fully on the horse and settling in for what he assumed would be a long wait, but something in the corner of his vision made him pause. There was movement at the manor. Looking back at the house, he could see that Jarin had already completed his inquiry with Lady Velna, to Vanir’s mild delight. That was much quicker than he’d expected. Silently, he regarded the man in all of his scar-covered glory before glancing over at Lydia. He didn’t say anything, but he shifted his weight slightly off of Malanya to indicate that he was ready to get moving whenever she said the word.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
Lydia looked at the other members of their party critically.
I hope we can all get along well enough to get this done.
"Alright. Now that we're all here, we should head to the building. It's in the mansion district, by the way. If you have any more questions you can ask them along the way."
She looked around, only seeing one horse.
"Actually, how did you all get here? I don't see any other mounts."
Lydia looked at the other members of their party critically.
I hope we can all get along well enough to get this done.
"Alright. Now that we're all here, we should head to the building. It's in the mansion district, by the way. If you have any more questions you can ask them along the way."
She looked around, only seeing one horse.
"Actually, how did you all get here? I don't see any other mounts."
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
"I walked here on foot," Wolfgang growled, deciding to stop leaning against the wall and walk up to the rest of the group.
"I walked here on foot," Wolfgang growled, deciding to stop leaning against the wall and walk up to the rest of the group.
66.png
“I-I also w-walked h-here...” Majkku stammered out, still feeding and petting Malanya. He wanted to try riding the horse, but knew he probably wouldn’t be able to, after all Malanya was Vanir‘s horse. Majkku was still on edge because of the noise that Wolfgang had made. It had sent chills down his spine that had yet to go away. Majkku continued petting the horse, waiting until they would leave.
“I-I also w-walked h-here...” Majkku stammered out, still feeding and petting Malanya. He wanted to try riding the horse, but knew he probably wouldn’t be able to, after all Malanya was Vanir‘s horse. Majkku was still on edge because of the noise that Wolfgang had made. It had sent chills down his spine that had yet to go away. Majkku continued petting the horse, waiting until they would leave.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
"As did I," Jarin nodded. "If any of you wish to speak with Mistress Velna before we set off, she's in the sitting room."

He eyed the horse - either Vanir's or Lydia's, by process of elimination - and wondered if he'd be forced to keep pace with it the whole way.

"We might want to request more mounts," he chuckled.
"As did I," Jarin nodded. "If any of you wish to speak with Mistress Velna before we set off, she's in the sitting room."

He eyed the horse - either Vanir's or Lydia's, by process of elimination - and wondered if he'd be forced to keep pace with it the whole way.

"We might want to request more mounts," he chuckled.
mart | often afk :(
there's 20+ ppl and 2 computers at my youth shelter
Vanir raised a single eyebrow when everyone claimed to have walked all the way. Perhaps horses were even more rare than he initially assumed. Now that he thought about it, the city of Calontus could probably all be traversed on foot. It might even seem unreasonable for him to have come on horseback instead of walking, if he was from the city. However, he wasn’t. He felt a bit justified at bringing a mount since his farm was a good distance from the city walls. Based on their earlier statements and lack of fatigue, he guessed that the others all lived much closer and thus had a shorter distance to trek. Continuing that train of thought, they were probably all from the city or nearby, and thus more familiar with its layout than he was.

In addition, they were probably less confused than Vanir at Lydia’s comment of a mansion district. From the maps he’d memorized of the city, it was separated into eight major divisions (nine if you counted Velna Manor), but “mansion” wasn’t one of them. Maybe that was another term for the minor district? If someone else led the way, it shouldn’t be an issue, but his lack of knowledge on the city bothered him. Hopefully he’d never get separated from the group and have to navigate on his own.

Pushing his confusion aside, he took a few steps away from his horse and faced Lydia fully. “I can walk from here,” he offered, crossing his arms. “Someone else can use my horse if they’re going to fall behind.” While he may not have looked as strong as some of the others, Vanir was confident that he could keep up just by walking. Better yet, if things went south and they needed to sprint, he felt assured that he could outrun all of them, or at least be towards the front of the pack. His speed and agility were quite possibly his most notable traits, after all. With how stubborn Malanya was, overall he was probably quicker on foot, especially over short distances.
Vanir raised a single eyebrow when everyone claimed to have walked all the way. Perhaps horses were even more rare than he initially assumed. Now that he thought about it, the city of Calontus could probably all be traversed on foot. It might even seem unreasonable for him to have come on horseback instead of walking, if he was from the city. However, he wasn’t. He felt a bit justified at bringing a mount since his farm was a good distance from the city walls. Based on their earlier statements and lack of fatigue, he guessed that the others all lived much closer and thus had a shorter distance to trek. Continuing that train of thought, they were probably all from the city or nearby, and thus more familiar with its layout than he was.

In addition, they were probably less confused than Vanir at Lydia’s comment of a mansion district. From the maps he’d memorized of the city, it was separated into eight major divisions (nine if you counted Velna Manor), but “mansion” wasn’t one of them. Maybe that was another term for the minor district? If someone else led the way, it shouldn’t be an issue, but his lack of knowledge on the city bothered him. Hopefully he’d never get separated from the group and have to navigate on his own.

Pushing his confusion aside, he took a few steps away from his horse and faced Lydia fully. “I can walk from here,” he offered, crossing his arms. “Someone else can use my horse if they’re going to fall behind.” While he may not have looked as strong as some of the others, Vanir was confident that he could keep up just by walking. Better yet, if things went south and they needed to sprint, he felt assured that he could outrun all of them, or at least be towards the front of the pack. His speed and agility were quite possibly his most notable traits, after all. With how stubborn Malanya was, overall he was probably quicker on foot, especially over short distances.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
Lydia sighed.
"It'll take a little while to get there on foot. I'll go get some horses."
Lydia motioned for the party to stop, near a modest inn by the town square.
"We'll be staying here for however long this job takes. The house is a few blocks past the other side of the square. Feel free to start working on a plan, it's entirely up to you how we do this. Just be warned that I won't be able to use my magic once we get inside the building. The rest of you should be fine, though Wolfgang may have some problems of the canine variety."
She left the others outside with the horses and paid for their rooms, two in total. Coming back outside, she said,
"I got two rooms, they were the only open ones. You all can pick the groups, I don't care where I end up."

(Lydia is just like 'yes, I am going to make you agree on who sleeps where before we go rob a rich dude with demon-proof wards on his house.')
Lydia sighed.
"It'll take a little while to get there on foot. I'll go get some horses."
Lydia motioned for the party to stop, near a modest inn by the town square.
"We'll be staying here for however long this job takes. The house is a few blocks past the other side of the square. Feel free to start working on a plan, it's entirely up to you how we do this. Just be warned that I won't be able to use my magic once we get inside the building. The rest of you should be fine, though Wolfgang may have some problems of the canine variety."
She left the others outside with the horses and paid for their rooms, two in total. Coming back outside, she said,
"I got two rooms, they were the only open ones. You all can pick the groups, I don't care where I end up."

(Lydia is just like 'yes, I am going to make you agree on who sleeps where before we go rob a rich dude with demon-proof wards on his house.')
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
Wolfgang glared daggers at Lydia when she mentioned 'problems of the canine variety', hoping no one would ask about that. She wasn't even sure what she meant--was the house warded? it was probably warded. that was going to be a problem.
"You boys should share a room, if there's five of us that's what makes the most sense," she said, trying to not show her discomfort.

(fun fact, wolf is trans)
Wolfgang glared daggers at Lydia when she mentioned 'problems of the canine variety', hoping no one would ask about that. She wasn't even sure what she meant--was the house warded? it was probably warded. that was going to be a problem.
"You boys should share a room, if there's five of us that's what makes the most sense," she said, trying to not show her discomfort.

(fun fact, wolf is trans)
66.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9