Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stone & Storm // OOC [open - 6/8]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
All right, all PM's are out!
All right, all PM's are out!
@Sherina (and everyone else) Just FYI, the group actually doesn't know anything about the game IC at this point. It hasn't been explained to them in any way. They can certainly have guesses about what's happening, but for Recia to say "As we all know, we've been dragged into a game" is metagaming, mixing OOC knowledge with IC knowledge. I understand the urge to start analyzing events in game terms ASAP so you can find the killers, but remember, you haven't even unlocked the cleanse vote yet.
@Sherina (and everyone else) Just FYI, the group actually doesn't know anything about the game IC at this point. It hasn't been explained to them in any way. They can certainly have guesses about what's happening, but for Recia to say "As we all know, we've been dragged into a game" is metagaming, mixing OOC knowledge with IC knowledge. I understand the urge to start analyzing events in game terms ASAP so you can find the killers, but remember, you haven't even unlocked the cleanse vote yet.
@Lukra
Apologies for metagaming. However, I have some questions:
1.Does the dragons has known their role yet? If so, does using their role terms in game is being allowed?
2.Does the dragons know they are being divided into two groups as enemies? Do they know all the faction roles in game?
3.How to win the game? If a dragon is being cleansed, do he/she still count as a member of the faction (Must kill he/her to win the game?)
4. Extra tips: There are many places that I still confused about this game, some part of the rules are still not clear for me. I suggest you to fix the holes in the rules. As a rulelawyer in TRPG games, the game rules is very important for me. I will use it to create advantages for me in games. The word you said:"mixing OOC knowledge with IC knowledge" is more confusing. I don't know which part of the rule in OOC should I use in game. It is better to set a rule to establish the actions count as metagaming in this game. (Sorry, English is my second language, hope I am not rude)
@Lukra
Apologies for metagaming. However, I have some questions:
1.Does the dragons has known their role yet? If so, does using their role terms in game is being allowed?
2.Does the dragons know they are being divided into two groups as enemies? Do they know all the faction roles in game?
3.How to win the game? If a dragon is being cleansed, do he/she still count as a member of the faction (Must kill he/her to win the game?)
4. Extra tips: There are many places that I still confused about this game, some part of the rules are still not clear for me. I suggest you to fix the holes in the rules. As a rulelawyer in TRPG games, the game rules is very important for me. I will use it to create advantages for me in games. The word you said:"mixing OOC knowledge with IC knowledge" is more confusing. I don't know which part of the rule in OOC should I use in game. It is better to set a rule to establish the actions count as metagaming in this game. (Sorry, English is my second language, hope I am not rude)
nd6oyLd.png
@Sherina
The dragons do not know anything about the game at this point. This will be revealed to them IC, and once that happens, you're free to discuss mechanics and roles openly. But at the moment, it's all a mystery. Role actions should be treated as OOC for now; dragons do not yet understand their roles.

The basic win conditions are to cleanse or kill the entire other side (cleanse for the town, kill for the mafia). However, you should know that winning the game will not end the RP if your characters have not finished exploring the island and brought the story to a resolution. I apologize for not establishing this earlier. Winning the game will simply remove the mafia mechanics and allow you to continue roleplaying without worrying about the mafia game. (I cannot give more details as describing the conditions of the game's end goes into spoilers -- you will have to learn more about the nature of the game by exploring the island.)

Metagaming is a common roleplay and TRPG concept that is covered under "general roleplay etiquette" in the rules -- it's even mentioned in the FR roleplay guide. If you've never heard the word before, I recommend checking out their guide. Metagaming is when your character states or uses information that is only available out-of-character.

For example, if a character's bio states that they are an inveterate liar, but they have done nothing suspicious in-character, it would be metagaming for your character to be suspicious of them simply because you, as the player, know they are deceitful. Another example I've encountered in the past: if I've stated OOC that my character has a crush on another character, but my character has never discussed it IC, it would be metagaming for your character to bring it up IC.
@Sherina
The dragons do not know anything about the game at this point. This will be revealed to them IC, and once that happens, you're free to discuss mechanics and roles openly. But at the moment, it's all a mystery. Role actions should be treated as OOC for now; dragons do not yet understand their roles.

The basic win conditions are to cleanse or kill the entire other side (cleanse for the town, kill for the mafia). However, you should know that winning the game will not end the RP if your characters have not finished exploring the island and brought the story to a resolution. I apologize for not establishing this earlier. Winning the game will simply remove the mafia mechanics and allow you to continue roleplaying without worrying about the mafia game. (I cannot give more details as describing the conditions of the game's end goes into spoilers -- you will have to learn more about the nature of the game by exploring the island.)

Metagaming is a common roleplay and TRPG concept that is covered under "general roleplay etiquette" in the rules -- it's even mentioned in the FR roleplay guide. If you've never heard the word before, I recommend checking out their guide. Metagaming is when your character states or uses information that is only available out-of-character.

For example, if a character's bio states that they are an inveterate liar, but they have done nothing suspicious in-character, it would be metagaming for your character to be suspicious of them simply because you, as the player, know they are deceitful. Another example I've encountered in the past: if I've stated OOC that my character has a crush on another character, but my character has never discussed it IC, it would be metagaming for your character to bring it up IC.
Oh, another note for everyone: If you are confused about a general rule or game mechanic, I'd ask that you ask via the OOC topic rather than PMing me, as this makes the information available to everyone, which is more fair. Here's the facts that have been established so far through people asking me questions via PM:

1. The Paladin is not required to make an attack each night; they can choose not to. (The same applies to the Brute.)

2. If the mafia uses their group attacks on the Reflector, each mafia member takes 150% of the damage they dealt to the Reflector.
Oh, another note for everyone: If you are confused about a general rule or game mechanic, I'd ask that you ask via the OOC topic rather than PMing me, as this makes the information available to everyone, which is more fair. Here's the facts that have been established so far through people asking me questions via PM:

1. The Paladin is not required to make an attack each night; they can choose not to. (The same applies to the Brute.)

2. If the mafia uses their group attacks on the Reflector, each mafia member takes 150% of the damage they dealt to the Reflector.
So, Day Two is supposed to end today, but we haven't had nearly as much in-character development as I would like. Would everyone be down to extend the day for a while (at least two real-time days) so that there's more time for people to RP?
So, Day Two is supposed to end today, but we haven't had nearly as much in-character development as I would like. Would everyone be down to extend the day for a while (at least two real-time days) so that there's more time for people to RP?
I think extend is a good idea, since everyone is busy
I think extend is a good idea, since everyone is busy
nd6oyLd.png
yeah, that sounds good.
yeah, that sounds good.
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
I'm unfortunately going to have to drop out, life's come out of nowhere and kicked my butt. Sorry about this, I was looking forward to playing
I'm unfortunately going to have to drop out, life's come out of nowhere and kicked my butt. Sorry about this, I was looking forward to playing
tumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_ovjx5l75nB1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p0tg4rcq7d1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o1_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o2_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o3_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o4_100.pngtumblr_p5ykp4Beln1wt9849o5_100.pngtumblr_ovep441MEO1wt9849o2_100.png
Hi all, I'm sorry about the delay! I've had a busy week w/ Greenskeeper's and my last few finals :o I'll try to get a post up today so we can keep this moving! Excited to see how the rest of Day 2 goes!
Hi all, I'm sorry about the delay! I've had a busy week w/ Greenskeeper's and my last few finals :o I'll try to get a post up today so we can keep this moving! Excited to see how the rest of Day 2 goes!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9