Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 With FeiyaAshcraft
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 51 52
C o n n e r • Monster Hunter

Conner tapped the map with his fingers as he thought about what the locations of the attacks implied. His hand trailed along the map, getting further and further from the red.

"Are you sure that there are only three victims?" he asked suddenly while cupping his chin with his free hand. "Or could there be others? Maybe they've just gone missing and there's no proof?" he continued as he watched Luke lean back from the table.

After hearing what Luke had said, he wondered if the vampires were pulling the wool over the eyes of the investigators by making use of their assumptions. But, on second thought, there really was no reason to choose three targets beside their base. Frowning, he thought that the vampires had probably decided that humans didn't pose a threat to them which led to them carelessly choosing whatever 'prey' they liked.

Glancing towards Lilian when she spoke up, he decided that his previous assumption was probably correct. The other clan simply didn't care. It wouldn't hurt to be careful though. But Lilian was planning an assassination? Had he heard correctly?

"Uh, excuse me, you want me to help you assassinate one of them?" He asked, sounding surprised. The backup was probably him, so he shrugged and said, "What's the plan?"

Conner tapped the map with his fingers as he thought about what the locations of the attacks implied. His hand trailed along the map, getting further and further from the red.

"Are you sure that there are only three victims?" he asked suddenly while cupping his chin with his free hand. "Or could there be others? Maybe they've just gone missing and there's no proof?" he continued as he watched Luke lean back from the table.

After hearing what Luke had said, he wondered if the vampires were pulling the wool over the eyes of the investigators by making use of their assumptions. But, on second thought, there really was no reason to choose three targets beside their base. Frowning, he thought that the vampires had probably decided that humans didn't pose a threat to them which led to them carelessly choosing whatever 'prey' they liked.

Glancing towards Lilian when she spoke up, he decided that his previous assumption was probably correct. The other clan simply didn't care. It wouldn't hurt to be careful though. But Lilian was planning an assassination? Had he heard correctly?

"Uh, excuse me, you want me to help you assassinate one of them?" He asked, sounding surprised. The backup was probably him, so he shrugged and said, "What's the plan?"
maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
Lilian sighed and leaned back a bit "unfortunately that's the problem. my last plan didn't go so well. We hoped for an outsider perspective on this rather than a completely set plan" She looked at him directly at him with her icy stare "We have tried to infiltrate their clan but the informant was killed"

"Publicly....I might add" Rose added to the end of the glancing at them "They decided to tie him up outside before dawn" She sighed softly and went quiet again when Lilian looked back at her. Those icy eyes stared deep into her.

(Sorry for the shorter post this time around)
Lilian sighed and leaned back a bit "unfortunately that's the problem. my last plan didn't go so well. We hoped for an outsider perspective on this rather than a completely set plan" She looked at him directly at him with her icy stare "We have tried to infiltrate their clan but the informant was killed"

"Publicly....I might add" Rose added to the end of the glancing at them "They decided to tie him up outside before dawn" She sighed softly and went quiet again when Lilian looked back at her. Those icy eyes stared deep into her.

(Sorry for the shorter post this time around)
(I don't mind if you post shorter replies. There's no need to force yourself to write more when you don't have any ideas or if you don't feel like it. I'm probably going to be grinding in the new venue while the fam prices are up.)

Lilian's last plan went wrong? Conner tilted his head. He hadn't realized that they had already tried something, but it seemed reasonable now that he thought about it. The other clan would probably raise their guard now that they knew that Lilian was plotting something though which was rather unfortunate.

He stopped thinking that it was regrettable that the other clan was on edge when he heard that one of their members was killed. Wincing as he heard that the informant was hanged (I think that's what you mean?), he offered Rose a sympathetic smile.

Fidgeting while he wondered if he should say something, Conner offered an, "I'm sorry about that." Glancing at Lilian, he realized that he probably shouldn't have said anything.

After a few seconds, he cleared his throat. "So what's the plan so far?"
(I don't mind if you post shorter replies. There's no need to force yourself to write more when you don't have any ideas or if you don't feel like it. I'm probably going to be grinding in the new venue while the fam prices are up.)

Lilian's last plan went wrong? Conner tilted his head. He hadn't realized that they had already tried something, but it seemed reasonable now that he thought about it. The other clan would probably raise their guard now that they knew that Lilian was plotting something though which was rather unfortunate.

He stopped thinking that it was regrettable that the other clan was on edge when he heard that one of their members was killed. Wincing as he heard that the informant was hanged (I think that's what you mean?), he offered Rose a sympathetic smile.

Fidgeting while he wondered if he should say something, Conner offered an, "I'm sorry about that." Glancing at Lilian, he realized that he probably shouldn't have said anything.

After a few seconds, he cleared his throat. "So what's the plan so far?"
maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
( Okie dok. Also it was implied that they purposefully burned him to death in the sunlight after tying him up)

"I'm hoping for a more sneaky approach to this situation. We don't want it to be public and we know that they have figured out it is us doing this." Lilian ignored his apology over the death of one of their men and continued on "I want to send in a small team to hit them where it really hurts. Take out the leaders" She looked over to Luke

Luke shifted and pulled some crude drawings from one of the files "We know that it is a couple that's at the head of the group, these are what little we know about there appearance since they tend to stay out of public eye" the crudely done drawings depicted a man and women standing together, the man had short hair while the women had long hair. there was no color to the images and a estimated height for each beside them, 6ft for the man and around 5"11 for the women.

( Okie dok. Also it was implied that they purposefully burned him to death in the sunlight after tying him up)

"I'm hoping for a more sneaky approach to this situation. We don't want it to be public and we know that they have figured out it is us doing this." Lilian ignored his apology over the death of one of their men and continued on "I want to send in a small team to hit them where it really hurts. Take out the leaders" She looked over to Luke

Luke shifted and pulled some crude drawings from one of the files "We know that it is a couple that's at the head of the group, these are what little we know about there appearance since they tend to stay out of public eye" the crudely done drawings depicted a man and women standing together, the man had short hair while the women had long hair. there was no color to the images and a estimated height for each beside them, 6ft for the man and around 5"11 for the women.

(OOOH. You know what, that makes more sense.)

A sneaky approach? Conner couldn't say that he wasn't experienced in doing things that way, but it wasn't how he usually solved problems. If you needed to make sure that a monster stopped attacking people, you couldn't just destroy its den and hope that it wouldn't come back.

He stood up and walked over to Luke too take a closer at the pictures that Luke had just pulled out. The leaders were taller than most judging from the notes, but there weren't too many other distinguishing features. Luckily, their faces were drawn in a little more detail—just enough detail for him to be able to recognize the two if he ever saw them.

"I should be able to recognize them, but if there's anyone that looks similar to them, I might make a mistake," he admitted. "Do they have scars or something else that might help?"
(OOOH. You know what, that makes more sense.)

A sneaky approach? Conner couldn't say that he wasn't experienced in doing things that way, but it wasn't how he usually solved problems. If you needed to make sure that a monster stopped attacking people, you couldn't just destroy its den and hope that it wouldn't come back.

He stood up and walked over to Luke too take a closer at the pictures that Luke had just pulled out. The leaders were taller than most judging from the notes, but there weren't too many other distinguishing features. Luckily, their faces were drawn in a little more detail—just enough detail for him to be able to recognize the two if he ever saw them.

"I should be able to recognize them, but if there's anyone that looks similar to them, I might make a mistake," he admitted. "Do they have scars or something else that might help?"
maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
(lol it's all good!)

"The man has a rather nasty scar down the side of his face, it's like a burn with a gash scar over it. We've met once a long while back so it's not much to go by if he has changed any more than that" Lilian spoke up before Luke could say anything "There was a time when my husband tried to reason with them" She shook her head a little

"I wish I had more information for ya, I'm pulling together a small team to work with you from our elite. We not trained for killing other monsters so someone with your experience is useful" Luke smiled a little "Anyways, it's been a long day...erm night for you so get some rest, Rose can show you the more direct route down here so you can look over these files at your leisure during the day"

(lol it's all good!)

"The man has a rather nasty scar down the side of his face, it's like a burn with a gash scar over it. We've met once a long while back so it's not much to go by if he has changed any more than that" Lilian spoke up before Luke could say anything "There was a time when my husband tried to reason with them" She shook her head a little

"I wish I had more information for ya, I'm pulling together a small team to work with you from our elite. We not trained for killing other monsters so someone with your experience is useful" Luke smiled a little "Anyways, it's been a long day...erm night for you so get some rest, Rose can show you the more direct route down here so you can look over these files at your leisure during the day"

"That should be enough if he doesn't cover it," Conner said. "Scars like that tend to stand out and they don't heal either." Realizing that Lilian knew this because her husband, who was missing, had tried to reason with them, he felt a sinking feeling. Lilian's husband...

He kept his mouth shut and made sure that his expression stayed neutral. There was no need to talk about it. Whatever had happened to Lilian's husband wasn't anything close to a good memory for his family.

Listening as Luke talked about who he would be working with, Conner's mood changed to a more pleasant one. "Oh, I get to work with a team?" That was good news. Lilian had said that she wasn't hiring other hunters, so it he had assumed that he would be working alone. "Who am I working with?"

Realizing that Luke had finished explaining, he smiled and said, "Let's leave meeting everyone for tomorrow, then." After he finished, he added, "or whenever everyone's free."

"That should be enough if he doesn't cover it," Conner said. "Scars like that tend to stand out and they don't heal either." Realizing that Lilian knew this because her husband, who was missing, had tried to reason with them, he felt a sinking feeling. Lilian's husband...

He kept his mouth shut and made sure that his expression stayed neutral. There was no need to talk about it. Whatever had happened to Lilian's husband wasn't anything close to a good memory for his family.

Listening as Luke talked about who he would be working with, Conner's mood changed to a more pleasant one. "Oh, I get to work with a team?" That was good news. Lilian had said that she wasn't hiring other hunters, so it he had assumed that he would be working alone. "Who am I working with?"

Realizing that Luke had finished explaining, he smiled and said, "Let's leave meeting everyone for tomorrow, then." After he finished, he added, "or whenever everyone's free."
maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
Rose kept herself quiet when her father was mentioned and just shifted to start leaving "We'll get everyone else tomorrow evening, for now, you can follow me back the main way up. We used Mother's secret passage rather than the other." She tried to put on a smile but her mind was wandering a little bit. Rose walked toward a dug out hall of sorts that had some thick wooden framing to support it.

Luke nodded a little to Rose taking over and went back to his business again, Lilian doing so as well and left Conner in capable hands while she went back toward her specific passage back up to her office. She was letting Luke and Rose take the lead on this now and had much more business to attend to than she wanted to now.
Rose kept herself quiet when her father was mentioned and just shifted to start leaving "We'll get everyone else tomorrow evening, for now, you can follow me back the main way up. We used Mother's secret passage rather than the other." She tried to put on a smile but her mind was wandering a little bit. Rose walked toward a dug out hall of sorts that had some thick wooden framing to support it.

Luke nodded a little to Rose taking over and went back to his business again, Lilian doing so as well and left Conner in capable hands while she went back toward her specific passage back up to her office. She was letting Luke and Rose take the lead on this now and had much more business to attend to than she wanted to now.

"Thanks," Conner said. He bid goodbye to Luke and Lilian before following Rose down the dugout hall. It smelled damp and rather earthy, a given since they were so far underground. If they were human, he would have wondered how they could stay underground, where there was no sunlight, for so long.

While he was following Rose, he noticed that she was rather... unfocused. It seemed like she was thinking about something else.

Curious, he wondered why they had gone down the secret passage, and he let a question slip out. "Why didn't we go down the main passage?" Okay, telling the truth, he was worried that Rose didn't feel so good since Lilian's husband was also her father, but he probably shouldn't remind Rose of that. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to talk about something in case she was thinking about her dad. "I mean, we're going up the main passage now so it shouldn't be a problem with me, right?"

Sure enough, thinking back, most of the vampires didn't seem to hate him. Or maybe the ones that did had been told that a human was visiting and hidden in their rooms so that they wouldn't have to meet him. He chuckled at the thought. "Hiding in their rooms so that they could avoid me," he mumbled as a smile spread across his face. "Imagine that."

"Thanks," Conner said. He bid goodbye to Luke and Lilian before following Rose down the dugout hall. It smelled damp and rather earthy, a given since they were so far underground. If they were human, he would have wondered how they could stay underground, where there was no sunlight, for so long.

While he was following Rose, he noticed that she was rather... unfocused. It seemed like she was thinking about something else.

Curious, he wondered why they had gone down the secret passage, and he let a question slip out. "Why didn't we go down the main passage?" Okay, telling the truth, he was worried that Rose didn't feel so good since Lilian's husband was also her father, but he probably shouldn't remind Rose of that. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to talk about something in case she was thinking about her dad. "I mean, we're going up the main passage now so it shouldn't be a problem with me, right?"

Sure enough, thinking back, most of the vampires didn't seem to hate him. Or maybe the ones that did had been told that a human was visiting and hidden in their rooms so that they wouldn't have to meet him. He chuckled at the thought. "Hiding in their rooms so that they could avoid me," he mumbled as a smile spread across his face. "Imagine that."
maGaaTX.png
WeaverofLies
She/Her
+2 FR
Rose seemed to snap back to reality when he spoke "oh, we took that route because it was the quickest at the time." She smiled a bit "We took that route since not everyone knows your here quite yet. Mother is making a announcement later to the rest." She glanced back at him before looking forward "most will avoid you or atleast treat you as if you were one of the royalty here for the time being" Rose kept walking, it was a slightly inclined hall till it met the spiral stair case. She walked up the stairs as she came to them

"It's a pretty straight forward path to this area for us." Rose had walked this path many times for a great number of years, more than Conner would expect honestly. Once above, the staircase lead to a rather plain room with a archway leading to the rest of the home, near the living quarters "Just need to take this right, and were at the living quarters next to your room" She smiled as she took the right and walked down the little hall to his room.

"Before I let you go, we ask that you wear this while you are here with the clan. You may hide it or remove it outside of the house, of course" Rose pulled a little black box out of her pocket, inside was a rose insignia pin with a black background instead of the red that Rose and Lilian wore and the green that every other vampire has had on. "It just tells everyone that your working here and need to be left alone unless spoken to"
Rose seemed to snap back to reality when he spoke "oh, we took that route because it was the quickest at the time." She smiled a bit "We took that route since not everyone knows your here quite yet. Mother is making a announcement later to the rest." She glanced back at him before looking forward "most will avoid you or atleast treat you as if you were one of the royalty here for the time being" Rose kept walking, it was a slightly inclined hall till it met the spiral stair case. She walked up the stairs as she came to them

"It's a pretty straight forward path to this area for us." Rose had walked this path many times for a great number of years, more than Conner would expect honestly. Once above, the staircase lead to a rather plain room with a archway leading to the rest of the home, near the living quarters "Just need to take this right, and were at the living quarters next to your room" She smiled as she took the right and walked down the little hall to his room.

"Before I let you go, we ask that you wear this while you are here with the clan. You may hide it or remove it outside of the house, of course" Rose pulled a little black box out of her pocket, inside was a rose insignia pin with a black background instead of the red that Rose and Lilian wore and the green that every other vampire has had on. "It just tells everyone that your working here and need to be left alone unless spoken to"
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 51 52