Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pkmn B&W tabletop (ooc moved to discord)
1 2 3 4
((Oh boy, this is a big project. Still kind of a WIP, be patient with me. Also, any suggestions or questions are welcome. You can post now, btw. I am subbed, no need to ping)) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2856091]IC Thread[/url] Welcome to [b]Pokemon Black&White[/b], the tabletop game! Where you'll go through the events of the game, but as a group! Catch pokemon, train them, collect badges, ponder upon the ideals of team plasma, make some new friends and fight your way to the top! [u][b]RP rules:[/b][/u] I'm not gonna make this terribly long, but if need be, I'll add to it. I hope I won't have to. [list=I][*]FR rules apply [*]I don't mind swearing but keep it to a minimum. If anyone is bothered by it, we will all respect that and stop. [*]Be literate. Write enough to go off of. I know for action sequences there isn't often much to say, but when travelling leisurely, you have to find things to say/do/observe/think about etc. Be creative. [*]Be active. Check in at least once a day, two maximum. If you are away for an extended amount of time, warn the rest of the players and myself so that we can find a solution like temporarily consider your character an NPC or even put the RP on hold. [*]If you are inactive for more than two days, I will ping you. I can be obnoxious with pings, you've been warned. [*]Have fun![/list] [u][b]This is how it's gonna work:[/u] [/b] [list][*][u]My humble self will be the Game Master (GM)[/u]. [u]I will incarnate every NPC[/u]. This includes the professor, the random trainers, the gym leaders, E4, champion (ha. ha.), team plasma, and so forth. [*][u]There's only [b]4 slots[/b] aka four trainers in this game[/u]. First three will get the traditional starters from professor Juniper and the fourth will get a surprise one. First one gets to choose, second chooses between the two left, you get the idea. [*]This is B&W, so [u]only gen5 pokemon[/u] (I know, I know, but this is more manageable for me) [*][u]I will decide when to continue with a GM post[/u]. By that I mean, change location. I will warn in advance when I'm about to post so that you have time to wrap up your conversations or get your character back to the group. If you have a pokemon you absolutely want on the current location, I'm willing to wait 'til you get it. (Though there should be plenty of time for that, since I'm guessing you'll all jump on the pokemon as soon as we get to their location XD) [*]I will include the pokemon present in the next location in the GM post, as well as the important NPCs and other goodies, but I will keep a few surprises to myself ;) [*][u]Moves with accuracy lower than 100% will be rolled [b]by Tatsu, on Discord[/b][/u]. [i]Please for the love of everything that is good, don't use accuracy lowering moves.[/i] [*]Same deal with [u]secondary effects, [b]Tatsu[/b] will roll them.[/u] [*][u][b]I [/b]will tell you what moves, abilities and nature your pokemon has when you get it[/u] (no worries, I'll give you the abilities you want, yes even hidden ones). BUT, after that, [u]you're in charge of keeping track of what moves they learn when[/u] and [u]updating their bios[/u] (more on that later) [*]There will be no levels. Your pokemon will learn moves and evolve at your leisure, as long as it's reasonable. So no hydreigon before the eight gym, sorry. (I will still accept Hydr and Volcarona after eighth gym and before E4, bcs c'mon) [*]Doing four gym battles for four trainers will take a while, so I'm thinking of having [u]a separate thread for the bigger battles[/u] so that the other three are free to roam around the town/city. [*]To keep things interesting, [u]no repeat pokemon in one party[/u]. There can be a repeat among different parties however. Like two person having a lilipup each for example. [*]I have somewhat figured out how to deal with money. Be patient with me though, it's still not very polished. [*]No HMs will be necessary. If you have a 'mon that can carry you while swimming, they can Surf, if they can carry you while flying, they can Fly. Teleport can carry you everywhere you've already been to, just like fly. [*]There will be legendaries. That's all I'm going to say.[/list] [b][u]Trainer Card and Pokemon Bios:[/u][/b] Fill out this form and post it in this thread. Once I give you the ok, head to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2855700]this[/url] thread, where you'll find the Trainer Card form to fill out and post there, followed by further instructions for your pokemon's bios. This is where you'll be updating your badges and pokemon's move-set etc. [quote= TrainerBio][b]Name[/b]: [b]Age:[/b] (between 12 and 16) [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Hometown[/b]: (Nuvema, Nimbasa, Driftveil, etc. You could come from another region too and NPCs' reaction to you might reflect that) [b]Appearance[/b]: [b]Personality[/b]: [b]Other[/b]: (optional) If you have a [b]team[/b] in mind: (optional) - - - - - -[/quote] [u]Trainers:[/u] -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2855697/1#post_43159683]Carmen[/url] (@HelloWorld145) -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2855697/2#post_43161423]Darius[/url] (@agent2xq) -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2855697/2#post_43167874]Charlotte[/url] (@Goblincat) -[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2855697/2#post_43168699]Kyrin[/url] (@Starwindrider)
((Oh boy, this is a big project. Still kind of a WIP, be patient with me. Also, any suggestions or questions are welcome. You can post now, btw. I am subbed, no need to ping))

IC Thread

Welcome to Pokemon Black&White, the tabletop game! Where you'll go through the events of the game, but as a group! Catch pokemon, train them, collect badges, ponder upon the ideals of team plasma, make some new friends and fight your way to the top!

RP rules: I'm not gonna make this terribly long, but if need be, I'll add to it. I hope I won't have to.
  1. FR rules apply
  2. I don't mind swearing but keep it to a minimum. If anyone is bothered by it, we will all respect that and stop.
  3. Be literate. Write enough to go off of. I know for action sequences there isn't often much to say, but when travelling leisurely, you have to find things to say/do/observe/think about etc. Be creative.
  4. Be active. Check in at least once a day, two maximum. If you are away for an extended amount of time, warn the rest of the players and myself so that we can find a solution like temporarily consider your character an NPC or even put the RP on hold.
  5. If you are inactive for more than two days, I will ping you. I can be obnoxious with pings, you've been warned.
  6. Have fun!

This is how it's gonna work:
  • My humble self will be the Game Master (GM). I will incarnate every NPC. This includes the professor, the random trainers, the gym leaders, E4, champion (ha. ha.), team plasma, and so forth.
  • There's only 4 slots aka four trainers in this game. First three will get the traditional starters from professor Juniper and the fourth will get a surprise one. First one gets to choose, second chooses between the two left, you get the idea.
  • This is B&W, so only gen5 pokemon (I know, I know, but this is more manageable for me)
  • I will decide when to continue with a GM post. By that I mean, change location. I will warn in advance when I'm about to post so that you have time to wrap up your conversations or get your character back to the group. If you have a pokemon you absolutely want on the current location, I'm willing to wait 'til you get it. (Though there should be plenty of time for that, since I'm guessing you'll all jump on the pokemon as soon as we get to their location XD)
  • I will include the pokemon present in the next location in the GM post, as well as the important NPCs and other goodies, but I will keep a few surprises to myself ;)
  • Moves with accuracy lower than 100% will be rolled by Tatsu, on Discord. Please for the love of everything that is good, don't use accuracy lowering moves.
  • Same deal with secondary effects, Tatsu will roll them.
  • I will tell you what moves, abilities and nature your pokemon has when you get it (no worries, I'll give you the abilities you want, yes even hidden ones). BUT, after that, you're in charge of keeping track of what moves they learn when and updating their bios (more on that later)
  • There will be no levels. Your pokemon will learn moves and evolve at your leisure, as long as it's reasonable. So no hydreigon before the eight gym, sorry. (I will still accept Hydr and Volcarona after eighth gym and before E4, bcs c'mon)
  • Doing four gym battles for four trainers will take a while, so I'm thinking of having a separate thread for the bigger battles so that the other three are free to roam around the town/city.
  • To keep things interesting, no repeat pokemon in one party. There can be a repeat among different parties however. Like two person having a lilipup each for example.
  • I have somewhat figured out how to deal with money. Be patient with me though, it's still not very polished.
  • No HMs will be necessary. If you have a 'mon that can carry you while swimming, they can Surf, if they can carry you while flying, they can Fly. Teleport can carry you everywhere you've already been to, just like fly.
  • There will be legendaries. That's all I'm going to say.

Trainer Card and Pokemon Bios:
Fill out this form and post it in this thread. Once I give you the ok, head to this thread, where you'll find the Trainer Card form to fill out and post there, followed by further instructions for your pokemon's bios. This is where you'll be updating your badges and pokemon's move-set etc.
TrainerBio wrote:
Name:
Hometown: (Nuvema, Nimbasa, Driftveil, etc. You could come from another region too and NPCs' reaction to you might reflect that)
Appearance:
Personality:
Other: (optional)
If you have a team in mind: (optional)
-
-
-
-
-
-

Trainers:
-Carmen (@HelloWorld145)
-Darius (@agent2xq)
-Charlotte (@Goblincat)
-Kyrin (@Starwindrider)
pNeMP39.pngMLACkpO.pngkKWypF0.pngnNnmo6E.png4zBL86C.png
Is it possible for me to reserve a spot? I'm a huge Pokemon nerd who check FR at least once a day. (Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post yet-)
Is it possible for me to reserve a spot? I'm a huge Pokemon nerd who check FR at least once a day. (Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post yet-)
J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
@HelloWorld145

You can post! I'm mostly done here, Just finishing the second thread where the trainer cards and pokemon bios will go. Can you fill out the TrainerBio form and post it here? Once I accept it, I'll give you a slot ;)
@HelloWorld145

You can post! I'm mostly done here, Just finishing the second thread where the trainer cards and pokemon bios will go. Can you fill out the TrainerBio form and post it here? Once I accept it, I'll give you a slot ;)
Name: Carmen
Hometown: Nacrene City (her parents moved there after falling in love in Alola)
Appearance: Tall, with wavy hazelnut hair that falls to her shoulders. She has a kind of baby-ish face, with a splash of darker freckles across her deeply tanned skin. She has watery green eyes, and has a pair of glasses that she needs in order to see past her nose. Her favorite outfit is a white hoodie with black horizontal stripes on the sleeves, and gray jeans with blue high-tops.
Personality: Friendly and silly. She is always looking for new friends, which normally results in her having a very close relationship with her Pokemon. She has a tendency to scare people who are shy with her outgoing personality. Despite everything, she is technically and introvert, and does enjoy her time to herself. She loves music and and is a mediocre artist.
Other: Is a huge fan of ice and ghost types. Her favorite Pokemon is Weavile, which is a surprise to most people that such a fun and friendly girl would love a Pokemon with such a reputation.

Name: Carmen
Hometown: Nacrene City (her parents moved there after falling in love in Alola)
Appearance: Tall, with wavy hazelnut hair that falls to her shoulders. She has a kind of baby-ish face, with a splash of darker freckles across her deeply tanned skin. She has watery green eyes, and has a pair of glasses that she needs in order to see past her nose. Her favorite outfit is a white hoodie with black horizontal stripes on the sleeves, and gray jeans with blue high-tops.
Personality: Friendly and silly. She is always looking for new friends, which normally results in her having a very close relationship with her Pokemon. She has a tendency to scare people who are shy with her outgoing personality. Despite everything, she is technically and introvert, and does enjoy her time to herself. She loves music and and is a mediocre artist.
Other: Is a huge fan of ice and ghost types. Her favorite Pokemon is Weavile, which is a surprise to most people that such a fun and friendly girl would love a Pokemon with such a reputation.

WKtl2lb.png
@HelloWorld145

Alright, that's an ok from me! Head here to fill out your trainer card and reserve your slots for your pokemon.
@HelloWorld145

Alright, that's an ok from me! Head here to fill out your trainer card and reserve your slots for your pokemon.
@HelloWorld145 Actually, yeah, having all the pokemon bios in one post will be better *facepalm* Good initiative!
Btw, do you have discord? I added a link above ^^^
@HelloWorld145 Actually, yeah, having all the pokemon bios in one post will be better *facepalm* Good initiative!
Btw, do you have discord? I added a link above ^^^
@Zaviei
I do have Discord!
I'll be there later because I have an online class in 5 minutes. :/
@Zaviei
I do have Discord!
I'll be there later because I have an online class in 5 minutes. :/

WKtl2lb.png
@HelloWorld145 Ah good luck with that! While on the subject, it's my exam week, so It might be slow for a while.
@HelloWorld145 Ah good luck with that! While on the subject, it's my exam week, so It might be slow for a while.
I'm interested in this- it seems like a fun concept! I've always wanted to join a Pokemon tabletop-style roleplay, so I'll create myself a little character, if that's okay with you?
I'm interested in this- it seems like a fun concept! I've always wanted to join a Pokemon tabletop-style roleplay, so I'll create myself a little character, if that's okay with you?
I'll put something here one day.
@agent2xq Yes of course! Welcome! Please fill out the Trainer Bio form and post it here. Once I give you the okay, you'll have a slot!
@agent2xq Yes of course! Welcome! Please fill out the Trainer Bio form and post it here. Once I give you the okay, you'll have a slot!
1 2 3 4