Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Far Removed(IC)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Luca || Snowball Fight / Blue Team || Petra, Grey

Behind one of the barriers Luca sat packing snowballs together... or more like snowball, as the one in hand had been packed together for good ten minutes and ongoing. The thing was hard as a rock by now, and yet still he managed to press more snow in it, hands working on auto pilot as his mind and eyes were occupied elsewhere.

Magic hung heavy in the air, thick and heavy as the smell of cocoa. It wasn’t out of the ordinary when there were this many people around, but it was odd when said aura was all but doubled by a single person. A cloaked woman he could only mildly see between the fabric and crowd, the unfamiliar aura of her perfectly complimenting her place as either a newcomer or stranger. Dark skin, dark hair, bright eyes.

And then she looked right at him.

His heart jumped, but he didn’t back down, feeling his own magic pricking at his back for reasons he couldn’t quite comprehend... only for Petra to come so gracefully crashing right into him. The elf jerked upright as he followed suit, breathing heavy yet cackling all the while.

“That is going to kill somebody!” Despite the implications her words held nothing but glee, snatching the ball of ice from his hand and admiring it. Her excitement faded to confusion as she snapped her fingers in front him, looking out to the crowd that was apparently so captivating, “What’s up?”

“Did you see...” He glanced to her, adding on, “That lady, dark wild hair, bright green eyes— who was she?”

“...You mean Cat?” Slowly Petra’s grin returned, even worse than before, “Oh my gosh do you have a crush on cAT—“

“What—? No! Petra it...” She’s gone. Just like that she was gone, as if she had never been in the first place. Before he could question any further or go to look, a piece of fabric loop around his neck then looked to Petra as she cleared her throat.

While still giggling to herself about her own thoughts, Petra’s hands looped the striking blue jersey into a haphazard little scarf, pin fastened to the front. “Okay okay. Counter point: the city will survive an hour or even a day without you saving some pots from breaking, a spirit from a mouse trap, or whatever inconvenience comes about thanks to life. I’m sure it’s appreciated, don’t get me wrong, but you have lots of people running around laughing and enjoying the festivities.” She pat his shoulder with admiration for her works, both knowing she was genuine despite the teasing tone. “You’re allowed that too. Even if you can only tolerate it for a little while.” The solid snowball was curled into his palm, a goofily dangerous expression gracing the elf, “Give that to Grey. Oh and you’re medic now. Don’t die~!”

Just like that she gave him a hard shove, pushing him right into the chaos.

The Aasimar leapt to his feet, scrambling to dodge those first few kill shots given as re-initiation for anyone who came tumbling out of safety. A few hops through previously made footprints in the snow brought him up near Grey after that heart shaped zinger slammed into her. Blue eyes peeled out from behind her after the next barrage had come, giving a short wave and a tap to the werewolf. The monster of a snowball, moderately sized on top of its brute strength was presented to her like a legendary item to be taken with awe and humility. Beast as he could with only one hand, his fingers messaged, “A gift, at the insistence of a younger sibling.”
Luca || Snowball Fight / Blue Team || Petra, Grey

Behind one of the barriers Luca sat packing snowballs together... or more like snowball, as the one in hand had been packed together for good ten minutes and ongoing. The thing was hard as a rock by now, and yet still he managed to press more snow in it, hands working on auto pilot as his mind and eyes were occupied elsewhere.

Magic hung heavy in the air, thick and heavy as the smell of cocoa. It wasn’t out of the ordinary when there were this many people around, but it was odd when said aura was all but doubled by a single person. A cloaked woman he could only mildly see between the fabric and crowd, the unfamiliar aura of her perfectly complimenting her place as either a newcomer or stranger. Dark skin, dark hair, bright eyes.

And then she looked right at him.

His heart jumped, but he didn’t back down, feeling his own magic pricking at his back for reasons he couldn’t quite comprehend... only for Petra to come so gracefully crashing right into him. The elf jerked upright as he followed suit, breathing heavy yet cackling all the while.

“That is going to kill somebody!” Despite the implications her words held nothing but glee, snatching the ball of ice from his hand and admiring it. Her excitement faded to confusion as she snapped her fingers in front him, looking out to the crowd that was apparently so captivating, “What’s up?”

“Did you see...” He glanced to her, adding on, “That lady, dark wild hair, bright green eyes— who was she?”

“...You mean Cat?” Slowly Petra’s grin returned, even worse than before, “Oh my gosh do you have a crush on cAT—“

“What—? No! Petra it...” She’s gone. Just like that she was gone, as if she had never been in the first place. Before he could question any further or go to look, a piece of fabric loop around his neck then looked to Petra as she cleared her throat.

While still giggling to herself about her own thoughts, Petra’s hands looped the striking blue jersey into a haphazard little scarf, pin fastened to the front. “Okay okay. Counter point: the city will survive an hour or even a day without you saving some pots from breaking, a spirit from a mouse trap, or whatever inconvenience comes about thanks to life. I’m sure it’s appreciated, don’t get me wrong, but you have lots of people running around laughing and enjoying the festivities.” She pat his shoulder with admiration for her works, both knowing she was genuine despite the teasing tone. “You’re allowed that too. Even if you can only tolerate it for a little while.” The solid snowball was curled into his palm, a goofily dangerous expression gracing the elf, “Give that to Grey. Oh and you’re medic now. Don’t die~!”

Just like that she gave him a hard shove, pushing him right into the chaos.

The Aasimar leapt to his feet, scrambling to dodge those first few kill shots given as re-initiation for anyone who came tumbling out of safety. A few hops through previously made footprints in the snow brought him up near Grey after that heart shaped zinger slammed into her. Blue eyes peeled out from behind her after the next barrage had come, giving a short wave and a tap to the werewolf. The monster of a snowball, moderately sized on top of its brute strength was presented to her like a legendary item to be taken with awe and humility. Beast as he could with only one hand, his fingers messaged, “A gift, at the insistence of a younger sibling.”
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Grey |:| Snowball Fight / Blue Team |:| Mentions: Michael, Luca

Grey laughed and nodded. "May the best team win indeed!". Her tongue flicked out instinctively and rewet her already freezing nose. She spun around and entered her team's territory, waving to a few familiar faces as she walked, interruptin the mischalenous boot prints with giant paw prints. Leisurely ducking behind a guard wall, she scooped up some snow and loosely packed it. If you did it just right, it would still fly, but explose nicely upon contact. Moving up a gear, she rushed out from behind the barrier and launched her weapon, which splatted utop the head of some about sixth grade looking child. Grey pumped a fist in sucess only to be hit by a snowball herself.

Down at her feet she saw the heart shaped projectile. That was a laugh. She looked across the field just in time to catch Michael's red face being scoled by some unknown highschool age kid. Even better! A few of the runners looked a little surprised as she laughed, unused to seeing a werewolf of all things laugh. It was a unique sight, Grey had to admit, a canid muzzle crinkled with joy. Regaining her breath, she began to act as a shield for a bit, snowballs splatting off her coat as smaller individuals ducked behind her.

Grey was a little surprised at the apperence of Luca, twisting her neck to look behind her. She was grateful, however to be able to move again. In one swift motion she cleared some snow from the collar of her coat, snow that had begun to melt and drip down her back, and took the snowball. The weight of the thing alone was shocking. She tossed it once in the air to gauge how hard she would need to throw it, then slid a foot back. Winding up like a baseball pitcher, she circled her arm in the air, then leaned forward and loosed it. Aimed true the absolute cannonball of a throw flew forward twoards its target. One of the red medics had made it surprisingly far onto blue land, hidden behind two much bulkier adults, perhaps to rescue the fallen of the assult team that had formed earlier. The snowball flew between team-mates then narrowly slipped between the two grunts as one leaned forward. The snowball hit the medic flat on the belly, and knocked them backwards and down, falling onto what remained of a fallen outpost. The groan was inaudible through the distance, the hand sticking up to signify surrender was clear enough. The grunts fell shortly afterwards, under an absolute barrage of loosely packed snowballs and just handfuls of snow that had been thrown.

Grey's hands shot up to her mouth as she watched the sudden carnage, before she recovered her senses. Swiftly, she pulled Luca behind the nearest barrier with her, crouching in the cleared space. Breathlessly she laughed. "One in a million shot huh?" She leand gently aginst the barrier, careful to not knock it down. "You can give your sibling my thanks, I doubt I'll ever look that cool again.".
Grey |:| Snowball Fight / Blue Team |:| Mentions: Michael, Luca

Grey laughed and nodded. "May the best team win indeed!". Her tongue flicked out instinctively and rewet her already freezing nose. She spun around and entered her team's territory, waving to a few familiar faces as she walked, interruptin the mischalenous boot prints with giant paw prints. Leisurely ducking behind a guard wall, she scooped up some snow and loosely packed it. If you did it just right, it would still fly, but explose nicely upon contact. Moving up a gear, she rushed out from behind the barrier and launched her weapon, which splatted utop the head of some about sixth grade looking child. Grey pumped a fist in sucess only to be hit by a snowball herself.

Down at her feet she saw the heart shaped projectile. That was a laugh. She looked across the field just in time to catch Michael's red face being scoled by some unknown highschool age kid. Even better! A few of the runners looked a little surprised as she laughed, unused to seeing a werewolf of all things laugh. It was a unique sight, Grey had to admit, a canid muzzle crinkled with joy. Regaining her breath, she began to act as a shield for a bit, snowballs splatting off her coat as smaller individuals ducked behind her.

Grey was a little surprised at the apperence of Luca, twisting her neck to look behind her. She was grateful, however to be able to move again. In one swift motion she cleared some snow from the collar of her coat, snow that had begun to melt and drip down her back, and took the snowball. The weight of the thing alone was shocking. She tossed it once in the air to gauge how hard she would need to throw it, then slid a foot back. Winding up like a baseball pitcher, she circled her arm in the air, then leaned forward and loosed it. Aimed true the absolute cannonball of a throw flew forward twoards its target. One of the red medics had made it surprisingly far onto blue land, hidden behind two much bulkier adults, perhaps to rescue the fallen of the assult team that had formed earlier. The snowball flew between team-mates then narrowly slipped between the two grunts as one leaned forward. The snowball hit the medic flat on the belly, and knocked them backwards and down, falling onto what remained of a fallen outpost. The groan was inaudible through the distance, the hand sticking up to signify surrender was clear enough. The grunts fell shortly afterwards, under an absolute barrage of loosely packed snowballs and just handfuls of snow that had been thrown.

Grey's hands shot up to her mouth as she watched the sudden carnage, before she recovered her senses. Swiftly, she pulled Luca behind the nearest barrier with her, crouching in the cleared space. Breathlessly she laughed. "One in a million shot huh?" She leand gently aginst the barrier, careful to not knock it down. "You can give your sibling my thanks, I doubt I'll ever look that cool again.".
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.
"the friends whom erst you knew"

columns can suck my butt
it is just me and my rage here
Enjoy Sky Blue
Seshin |:| Ferris Wheel |:| Interacting with Cat

Seshin scratched her head and smiled awkwardly when Cat asked about her story. “It’s nothing special compared to yours.” She took a sip of her coco once again. “I woke up one day in a small cottage with no knowledge of my past. Just my name and basic things.” She paused for a second. “I’m not sure why I can’t remember anything and I’m not sure ifI ever will be able to remember.” A look of sadness crossed her face briefly before her bright chipper self returned. “I live somewhere else now, in my shop.” She scanned the ground before pointing. “There it is! You should come check it out.” She smiled at Cat once again.
Seshin |:| Ferris Wheel |:| Interacting with Cat

Seshin scratched her head and smiled awkwardly when Cat asked about her story. “It’s nothing special compared to yours.” She took a sip of her coco once again. “I woke up one day in a small cottage with no knowledge of my past. Just my name and basic things.” She paused for a second. “I’m not sure why I can’t remember anything and I’m not sure ifI ever will be able to remember.” A look of sadness crossed her face briefly before her bright chipper self returned. “I live somewhere else now, in my shop.” She scanned the ground before pointing. “There it is! You should come check it out.” She smiled at Cat once again.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Cat |:| Ferris Wheel |:| Interacting with Seshin

“Huh… We’re the same in a lot of ways, if you ask me.” Cat smiled, her head tilting, and her wild hair falling on her shoulders in a little bounce. For a while, Cat simply looked out at the horizon. The sky blanketed with stars, the ground covered in snow, music and merriment below her and Seshin... As hard as she tried before, she never like she was truly a part of it all… It was like she’d been looking through it all from behind a window, seeing, but unable to participate. But this day felt different. She had fun. She played. She laughed. She felt that her presence had some sort of gravity.

Peeking at the witch with a sidewards glance, she tried to convince herself that it was not solely Seshin who made it fun this time, that she’d grown and healed more throughout this year... But it was an undeniable truth that a familiar just… belonged alongside a witch. The panging familiarity she’d felt throughout the day however, was not tied to Seshin in any way, and she knew that much for sure. It was like a voice nearby was telling her to snap that string that bound her to her perpetual sadness. Was she finally ready to set S Hartley-van der Meer free..?

“When do you re-open? I’d love to come and take a look. If you want, I could bring my spellbooks and you could look through them, if you wanna.” She chuckled, glancing down at the familiar bookstore she’d passed so many times before but never entered, and made a mental note. “And if you ever want a better cocoa, you just head riiight there. You’ll find me behind the counter.” She added, as she pointed down to Black Forest, just a ways away from the big tree in the centre of the city. “Your first drink is on me.”
Cat |:| Ferris Wheel |:| Interacting with Seshin

“Huh… We’re the same in a lot of ways, if you ask me.” Cat smiled, her head tilting, and her wild hair falling on her shoulders in a little bounce. For a while, Cat simply looked out at the horizon. The sky blanketed with stars, the ground covered in snow, music and merriment below her and Seshin... As hard as she tried before, she never like she was truly a part of it all… It was like she’d been looking through it all from behind a window, seeing, but unable to participate. But this day felt different. She had fun. She played. She laughed. She felt that her presence had some sort of gravity.

Peeking at the witch with a sidewards glance, she tried to convince herself that it was not solely Seshin who made it fun this time, that she’d grown and healed more throughout this year... But it was an undeniable truth that a familiar just… belonged alongside a witch. The panging familiarity she’d felt throughout the day however, was not tied to Seshin in any way, and she knew that much for sure. It was like a voice nearby was telling her to snap that string that bound her to her perpetual sadness. Was she finally ready to set S Hartley-van der Meer free..?

“When do you re-open? I’d love to come and take a look. If you want, I could bring my spellbooks and you could look through them, if you wanna.” She chuckled, glancing down at the familiar bookstore she’d passed so many times before but never entered, and made a mental note. “And if you ever want a better cocoa, you just head riiight there. You’ll find me behind the counter.” She added, as she pointed down to Black Forest, just a ways away from the big tree in the centre of the city. “Your first drink is on me.”

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
Michael and Aoife|:| Snowball Fight |:| Mentions: Luca and Grey

Before Aoife, team Red’s appointed general, could stop to warn the medic on the field to watch out, they lay flat, and a sizeable dent had been made in their outpost. They were on the verge of falling. “She’s got spunk.” Aoife snarled at Michael, “But I will not allow our team to fall on this day. Soldiers!” The faun rallied. “Our time has come to strike!”

“Yes ma’am!” Michael nodded, struck by inspiration, albeit unsure of what exactly was going on. The few remaining members of team Red steeled themselves, and the hidden hoard of snowballs built up behind the line was being flung all at once, like a barrage of cannonballs, barely giving team blue a change to retaliate with the sheer speed at which the balls were flung. Michael was… a terrible shot, to say the least. However, he knew how he could be of help. He raised his massive white wings behind his teammates, and swooshed them wildly, creating a wind draft to add to the speed of the snowballs being thrown from his end, and simultaneously causing a few coming toward them to steer off course and miss.

The siren smirked, wondering if… No, he was no cheat, but the smallest hum would be enough to bewitch the blue team into submission, and while it was a good idea in theory, he couldn’t bring himself to that. With his own wings in mind, he couldn’t help but to notice Luca working alongside Grey, and a genuine smile crossed his face, to see his former pupil letting himself be carefree for a change. He’d always been so tightly wound. However, every now and then he seemed to be distracted by something else off in the distance. Curiously, he followed his eyes, and to be sure…

There was a silhouette off in the distance. He only saw it for a split second before it disappeared in front of his eyes, but the magic coming off the area it left behind was… it was… So familiar. Michael could not help but slowly lower his wings, staring off at that spot, as if hypnotized, and heaven alone knew how long he stood and stared before a snowball struck him square in the jaw, knocking his glasses off of his face with its sheer impact.

“What are you doing?! We were so close! We’re about to lose this outpost, pull it together!” Aoife’s yell sounded distant. Michael reached down for his glasses, covered in snow, and simply stared at them without cleaning them off and putting them back on. This sudden feeling was inexplicable. His very soul suddenly… ached.
Michael and Aoife|:| Snowball Fight |:| Mentions: Luca and Grey

Before Aoife, team Red’s appointed general, could stop to warn the medic on the field to watch out, they lay flat, and a sizeable dent had been made in their outpost. They were on the verge of falling. “She’s got spunk.” Aoife snarled at Michael, “But I will not allow our team to fall on this day. Soldiers!” The faun rallied. “Our time has come to strike!”

“Yes ma’am!” Michael nodded, struck by inspiration, albeit unsure of what exactly was going on. The few remaining members of team Red steeled themselves, and the hidden hoard of snowballs built up behind the line was being flung all at once, like a barrage of cannonballs, barely giving team blue a change to retaliate with the sheer speed at which the balls were flung. Michael was… a terrible shot, to say the least. However, he knew how he could be of help. He raised his massive white wings behind his teammates, and swooshed them wildly, creating a wind draft to add to the speed of the snowballs being thrown from his end, and simultaneously causing a few coming toward them to steer off course and miss.

The siren smirked, wondering if… No, he was no cheat, but the smallest hum would be enough to bewitch the blue team into submission, and while it was a good idea in theory, he couldn’t bring himself to that. With his own wings in mind, he couldn’t help but to notice Luca working alongside Grey, and a genuine smile crossed his face, to see his former pupil letting himself be carefree for a change. He’d always been so tightly wound. However, every now and then he seemed to be distracted by something else off in the distance. Curiously, he followed his eyes, and to be sure…

There was a silhouette off in the distance. He only saw it for a split second before it disappeared in front of his eyes, but the magic coming off the area it left behind was… it was… So familiar. Michael could not help but slowly lower his wings, staring off at that spot, as if hypnotized, and heaven alone knew how long he stood and stared before a snowball struck him square in the jaw, knocking his glasses off of his face with its sheer impact.

“What are you doing?! We were so close! We’re about to lose this outpost, pull it together!” Aoife’s yell sounded distant. Michael reached down for his glasses, covered in snow, and simply stared at them without cleaning them off and putting them back on. This sudden feeling was inexplicable. His very soul suddenly… ached.

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png

Luca and Petra|| Snowball Fight / Blue Team || Grey, Aofie, Michael

The sight of a large werewolf tossing something to test the heft of it was never a good sign. At least not for whoever was about to get destroyed by the monstrosity of snow, especially with someone strong throwing it. Or more like firing it, the way it flew through the air more like a canon ball than a snow ball being a clear enough death sentence. Maaaaybe listening to Petra wasn’t exactly the safety thing for peaceful society no matter how entertaining it would be (and yet, he knew that exactly 0 people were going to learn from this when it comes time again to doing as she asks— including himself).

The sheer volume of the THUNK made Luca gasp quietly from where he’d come out beside Grey, hands shooting ups to cover his mouth comically in sync with the taller woman’s own motion. It was a good thing snowball fights were lawless endeavors, any sane ref probably would be dragging the two of them off field by now. His shock ended only a few seconds after Grey, but still slow enough that he was powerless to do little more than yip as he was yanked behind a wall of snow.

Despite the weight still at the back of his mind, the joy was infectious enough to earn a smile and some giggles. Her enthusiasm responded to at the same time with quick short nods. “Even if you don’t, I think regardless of the official outcome everyone’s already decide you’ve won the game.

No sooner than he lowered he hands and offered Grey a slightly broader grin to punctuate his sincerity, Petra nearly body slammed him into their protective barrier, skidding over cackling like a maniac. An armful of normal snowballs was dropped off to the side, nudging her brother and forcing him to make room for her in the now semi-cramped space. The elf all but wheezed with enjoyment, by some miracle not in tears from laughing so much, “That was amazing! Did you see the look on his face when he saw that was coming for him!?” More laughter ensued, grabbing her brother around the shoulders and shaking him slightly while her eyes shone with what was either pure joy or pure evil towards Grey. “That thing was more of monster than I thought! Good thing he’s okay.

“I was kinda afraid you were going to whack poor Mr.Van der meer after seeing you two walk over together.” The laughter slowly died to joking giggles, “Although seeing that... I’m glad you didn’t.” The teacher had put up with plenty between her and Luca when they were still in school— albeit in different ways. He definitely wouldn’t have deserved getting knocked out by their plotting as well, even if by accident.

In unison Luca and Petra perked up at hearing Aofie’s battle cry, the younger shoving the older sibling down between her and Grey in a battle tactic of her own. At the end of the assault Luca swatted her arm, Petra reeling back and wasting no time in quickly scrabbling snow off the back of her neck and trying to dig it out of the back of her shirt all whilst chanting about how cold it was. For good measure the Aasimar tapped Grey on the leg as well, sitting up and shaking snow out of his hair from the layer on the ground.

Cleared of her assailant the elf peaked over the blockade, gaze centering in on Aofie. She quickly ducked back down, a calculating look quickly being replaced by a wicked smile and a tap of her fists to her hand, “Alright.” Despite Luca’s momentarily distant concern, she snapped his attention back by patting his upper arms, “If I die, make sure my story lives on.”

In what probably seemed like much long nail biting hours to those more absorbed in the snowball fight, Petra gathered a few snowballs and took off in a run across the newly made no-man’s land. In those few short seconds that the red team had spent their stores of ammo, trying desperately to build more yet using the occasional to aim for the elf she weaved and hopped to dodge. Just at the cusp of the two team’s territory she came to a skid, snow kicking up, only to be pierced by a snowball through the center. It held true, through the air and smacked the teenage satyr right in the collarbone with a glorious explosion of icy crystals.

A yell of triumph rang from the elf as her arms shot to the air, gunned down by snow not even a second later and half-buried by snow.

Luca shook his head, making a quiet snort doubt with soft amusement for his sister’s antics. “Should probably go save her...” He signed to Grey, surveying the battlefield in the process and pausing for a moment when his gaze landed on Michael. Who seemed to be looking the same direction he had not a few seconds ago. Suddenly the air didn’t feel as quite as cold with a warm anxiety clawing at him, looking back once again. Nothing this time.

Go look.

You promised Petra.

The Aasimar refrained from ruffling feathers that hadn’t existed for lifetimes, a breath deeper than intended making a fog in front of him. Just as quickly as his thoughts started to chew at him, a decision had apparently been made and he shifted to offering Grey a smile. There was still snow flying back and forth from all sides, so what better way to get around than the simple plan of ‘I follow you and you don’t get stuck’?

Lead the way.

((Long post woooo— rip))
((Edit: Fixed a spacing issue. Where I write posts hates paragraph spacing for some reason))

Luca and Petra|| Snowball Fight / Blue Team || Grey, Aofie, Michael

The sight of a large werewolf tossing something to test the heft of it was never a good sign. At least not for whoever was about to get destroyed by the monstrosity of snow, especially with someone strong throwing it. Or more like firing it, the way it flew through the air more like a canon ball than a snow ball being a clear enough death sentence. Maaaaybe listening to Petra wasn’t exactly the safety thing for peaceful society no matter how entertaining it would be (and yet, he knew that exactly 0 people were going to learn from this when it comes time again to doing as she asks— including himself).

The sheer volume of the THUNK made Luca gasp quietly from where he’d come out beside Grey, hands shooting ups to cover his mouth comically in sync with the taller woman’s own motion. It was a good thing snowball fights were lawless endeavors, any sane ref probably would be dragging the two of them off field by now. His shock ended only a few seconds after Grey, but still slow enough that he was powerless to do little more than yip as he was yanked behind a wall of snow.

Despite the weight still at the back of his mind, the joy was infectious enough to earn a smile and some giggles. Her enthusiasm responded to at the same time with quick short nods. “Even if you don’t, I think regardless of the official outcome everyone’s already decide you’ve won the game.

No sooner than he lowered he hands and offered Grey a slightly broader grin to punctuate his sincerity, Petra nearly body slammed him into their protective barrier, skidding over cackling like a maniac. An armful of normal snowballs was dropped off to the side, nudging her brother and forcing him to make room for her in the now semi-cramped space. The elf all but wheezed with enjoyment, by some miracle not in tears from laughing so much, “That was amazing! Did you see the look on his face when he saw that was coming for him!?” More laughter ensued, grabbing her brother around the shoulders and shaking him slightly while her eyes shone with what was either pure joy or pure evil towards Grey. “That thing was more of monster than I thought! Good thing he’s okay.

“I was kinda afraid you were going to whack poor Mr.Van der meer after seeing you two walk over together.” The laughter slowly died to joking giggles, “Although seeing that... I’m glad you didn’t.” The teacher had put up with plenty between her and Luca when they were still in school— albeit in different ways. He definitely wouldn’t have deserved getting knocked out by their plotting as well, even if by accident.

In unison Luca and Petra perked up at hearing Aofie’s battle cry, the younger shoving the older sibling down between her and Grey in a battle tactic of her own. At the end of the assault Luca swatted her arm, Petra reeling back and wasting no time in quickly scrabbling snow off the back of her neck and trying to dig it out of the back of her shirt all whilst chanting about how cold it was. For good measure the Aasimar tapped Grey on the leg as well, sitting up and shaking snow out of his hair from the layer on the ground.

Cleared of her assailant the elf peaked over the blockade, gaze centering in on Aofie. She quickly ducked back down, a calculating look quickly being replaced by a wicked smile and a tap of her fists to her hand, “Alright.” Despite Luca’s momentarily distant concern, she snapped his attention back by patting his upper arms, “If I die, make sure my story lives on.”

In what probably seemed like much long nail biting hours to those more absorbed in the snowball fight, Petra gathered a few snowballs and took off in a run across the newly made no-man’s land. In those few short seconds that the red team had spent their stores of ammo, trying desperately to build more yet using the occasional to aim for the elf she weaved and hopped to dodge. Just at the cusp of the two team’s territory she came to a skid, snow kicking up, only to be pierced by a snowball through the center. It held true, through the air and smacked the teenage satyr right in the collarbone with a glorious explosion of icy crystals.

A yell of triumph rang from the elf as her arms shot to the air, gunned down by snow not even a second later and half-buried by snow.

Luca shook his head, making a quiet snort doubt with soft amusement for his sister’s antics. “Should probably go save her...” He signed to Grey, surveying the battlefield in the process and pausing for a moment when his gaze landed on Michael. Who seemed to be looking the same direction he had not a few seconds ago. Suddenly the air didn’t feel as quite as cold with a warm anxiety clawing at him, looking back once again. Nothing this time.

Go look.

You promised Petra.

The Aasimar refrained from ruffling feathers that hadn’t existed for lifetimes, a breath deeper than intended making a fog in front of him. Just as quickly as his thoughts started to chew at him, a decision had apparently been made and he shifted to offering Grey a smile. There was still snow flying back and forth from all sides, so what better way to get around than the simple plan of ‘I follow you and you don’t get stuck’?

Lead the way.

((Long post woooo— rip))
((Edit: Fixed a spacing issue. Where I write posts hates paragraph spacing for some reason))
Grey |:| Snowball Fight / Blue Team |:| Mentions: Michael, Luca, Aofie, Petra

Grey gave the slightest squeek of surprise as an elf no less than rammed into the pair at full speed, almost knocking her out from behind the barrier. So this was the fabled sibling, master of war! She chuckled and returned the smile "Yeah, I tried to aim low, I was trying not to crack his ribs.". Looking up, she was a bit concerned by the bloodlust in the elf's eyes, reminding herself it was a snowball fight. Resting her arms on her knees, she looked up into ths sky. "I'm not quite willing to destroy my boyfriend on the field of battle just yet.". She chuckled.

Grey responded to the cry mere seconds after the siblings, ducking her head down and doing her best to cover Luca with her arms. While it was a short assult, there had been a ton of snow thrown, and there was no question Grey's sweater was soaked. Shame, the poor sweater was wool. At the tap, she stood and shook off as best she could, slush flying. Nodding as the elf ran off, she began to gather her own little pile of snow, packing snowballs and gathering a number in the crook of her arm. Grey joined the team in the unanimous cheer that rose up with the fall of the other team's General. She turned back to Luca, just in time to catch him sign, and nodded.

Grey roared her own battle cry into the air, gathering the attention of most of her team. "Take 'em while they're down!"! The quicker member ran ahead, crossing the barrier to distract and confuse enemies. Slower members began to return the assault, so many snowballs in the air it almost looked like it was snowing again. Grey herself rushed ahead, launching most of her own armfull at once, saving one. She paused at the border, digging out the elf from the pile of snow that had just continued to get worse, giving Luca just enough time to free her before continuing her opposition onto the other side. Further into the territory the walls of snow got higher, becoming ever more mazelike. They passed Aofie, then hid behind a corner. Grey let herself pant for a moment. It was an awfully big field, and snow on the ground made it harder to run. She signed to Luca I'm going to take out Michael, try and see if you can get the flag, its near..

Barely giving him a moment to understand she jumped back up and ran back twoards Michael. Swiftly taking his hands in her own soaking wet ones, she spun him around then pulled him tight, ending with a playful push into the nearest barrier and a light toss of her final snowball onto his chest. "You can't let yourself be distracted, you know, thats how the big bad wolf gets ya.". She laughed, offering him her hand. "I think I'm just about done, how about you?".
Grey |:| Snowball Fight / Blue Team |:| Mentions: Michael, Luca, Aofie, Petra

Grey gave the slightest squeek of surprise as an elf no less than rammed into the pair at full speed, almost knocking her out from behind the barrier. So this was the fabled sibling, master of war! She chuckled and returned the smile "Yeah, I tried to aim low, I was trying not to crack his ribs.". Looking up, she was a bit concerned by the bloodlust in the elf's eyes, reminding herself it was a snowball fight. Resting her arms on her knees, she looked up into ths sky. "I'm not quite willing to destroy my boyfriend on the field of battle just yet.". She chuckled.

Grey responded to the cry mere seconds after the siblings, ducking her head down and doing her best to cover Luca with her arms. While it was a short assult, there had been a ton of snow thrown, and there was no question Grey's sweater was soaked. Shame, the poor sweater was wool. At the tap, she stood and shook off as best she could, slush flying. Nodding as the elf ran off, she began to gather her own little pile of snow, packing snowballs and gathering a number in the crook of her arm. Grey joined the team in the unanimous cheer that rose up with the fall of the other team's General. She turned back to Luca, just in time to catch him sign, and nodded.

Grey roared her own battle cry into the air, gathering the attention of most of her team. "Take 'em while they're down!"! The quicker member ran ahead, crossing the barrier to distract and confuse enemies. Slower members began to return the assault, so many snowballs in the air it almost looked like it was snowing again. Grey herself rushed ahead, launching most of her own armfull at once, saving one. She paused at the border, digging out the elf from the pile of snow that had just continued to get worse, giving Luca just enough time to free her before continuing her opposition onto the other side. Further into the territory the walls of snow got higher, becoming ever more mazelike. They passed Aofie, then hid behind a corner. Grey let herself pant for a moment. It was an awfully big field, and snow on the ground made it harder to run. She signed to Luca I'm going to take out Michael, try and see if you can get the flag, its near..

Barely giving him a moment to understand she jumped back up and ran back twoards Michael. Swiftly taking his hands in her own soaking wet ones, she spun him around then pulled him tight, ending with a playful push into the nearest barrier and a light toss of her final snowball onto his chest. "You can't let yourself be distracted, you know, thats how the big bad wolf gets ya.". She laughed, offering him her hand. "I think I'm just about done, how about you?".
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt
Enjoy Sky Blue
Michael and Aoife |:| Snowball Fight / Red Team |:| Mentions: Grey and Petra

Team Red’s outpost was on the verge of falling, but Michael couldn’t find it in him to care at that moment. His mind was racing with a panic that he couldn’t place. It felt like he’d only zoned out for a few seconds, when suddenly, Grey was right in front of him and quite literally yanked him back into the real world, into her arms. Before he knew it, he was falling backwards into the snow, and with a flutter of his wings he fell back with grace. A distant whistle blew, and his team’s flag was captured. All he cared about in his moment of vulnerability was seeing Grey’s face… He’d for sure face Aoife’s wrath later.

Michael took Grey’s extended hand, with a soft little laugh, and pulled the towering wolf into the snow alongside him, nuzzling his face into her cold fur. His glasses were still dirty and fogged up. His clothes were soaked, and both of them were a right mess, but he was fine with that. “Assuming that that wasn’t my strategy from the beginning.” He chuckled. “I kid, I kid! Congratulations, you were a beast out there, you deserve your prize for finally besting the master of bets.”

Centre field, the faun sauntered over to the elf, resembling Luca and yet, not an aasimar like he was. She straightened her back and extended her hand. “A worthy opponent, I have to admit.” She half-scoffed, but couldn’t help but to grin all the same. “I’d be honoured to have a rematch, sometime in the future. But ugh, not now, I can’t feel my hooves or my hands!” Aoife’s head tilted in endearment.

“I’m exhausted, let’s enjoy the rest of the festival in peace. But you should change first, you’re soaked, you’ll catch cold.” Michael muttered, visibly tired, but the red in his cheeks had by then returned. “Let’s go get changed out of these clothes at my place, it’s right around the corner, after all. Then, we can come back. I saw a stall selling some incredible-smelling street food, and I don’t know about you but I’m starving! What do you say?”
Michael and Aoife |:| Snowball Fight / Red Team |:| Mentions: Grey and Petra

Team Red’s outpost was on the verge of falling, but Michael couldn’t find it in him to care at that moment. His mind was racing with a panic that he couldn’t place. It felt like he’d only zoned out for a few seconds, when suddenly, Grey was right in front of him and quite literally yanked him back into the real world, into her arms. Before he knew it, he was falling backwards into the snow, and with a flutter of his wings he fell back with grace. A distant whistle blew, and his team’s flag was captured. All he cared about in his moment of vulnerability was seeing Grey’s face… He’d for sure face Aoife’s wrath later.

Michael took Grey’s extended hand, with a soft little laugh, and pulled the towering wolf into the snow alongside him, nuzzling his face into her cold fur. His glasses were still dirty and fogged up. His clothes were soaked, and both of them were a right mess, but he was fine with that. “Assuming that that wasn’t my strategy from the beginning.” He chuckled. “I kid, I kid! Congratulations, you were a beast out there, you deserve your prize for finally besting the master of bets.”

Centre field, the faun sauntered over to the elf, resembling Luca and yet, not an aasimar like he was. She straightened her back and extended her hand. “A worthy opponent, I have to admit.” She half-scoffed, but couldn’t help but to grin all the same. “I’d be honoured to have a rematch, sometime in the future. But ugh, not now, I can’t feel my hooves or my hands!” Aoife’s head tilted in endearment.

“I’m exhausted, let’s enjoy the rest of the festival in peace. But you should change first, you’re soaked, you’ll catch cold.” Michael muttered, visibly tired, but the red in his cheeks had by then returned. “Let’s go get changed out of these clothes at my place, it’s right around the corner, after all. Then, we can come back. I saw a stall selling some incredible-smelling street food, and I don’t know about you but I’m starving! What do you say?”

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
Luca and Petra|| Snowball Fight / Blue Team -> Festivities|| Aofie || Mentions: Grey, Michael

Luca was swift in following Grey across no-man’s land, quickly following to the red fort, occasionally slipping away to rescue teammates before promptly hiding again. Just as plains turned to ruins made of ice— and only more complex further in— he skidded to a stop and helped free his sister. When the opportunity presented itself he tapped her, only to promptly drag her over behind on of the red’s own barriers.

A thumbs up was given to Grey as she was off again, peaking over the barrier to see where she had been gesturing too. Close, just beyond the labyrinth that was beginning to crumble without the red’s fearless leader. An encouraging whack came from behind, Petra doing the same to the sides of her face and leaping back to the fray not a moment later.

Lawless lands were snowball fights, and knowing that there would never be a ‘hood Chance’ in such a conflict, the Aasimar leapt over the up front barrier and set out to enact Grey’s last wish.

Ducking and tumbling across the short distance to the red base had felt monumental in amidst the carnage of ice, snow, and now apprently rocks. A great distance, that was maybe only a car length or two in reality. One shred of snow had nearly clipped him, saved by an accidental skid across a patch of ice near his goal, as if an arrow rather than just a loosely packed orb of snow.

Just overhead flew victory and demise: the red flag.

Holding onto one of the branches he snatched it, swooping down to scoop snow into the fabric before hauling himself into the crook of the trunk. The end was tied, in a last ditch effort of ‘this flag is in no way shape or form surviving a run across that field’, and found it overhead... much to the triumphant cheers that followed and the glory of a shapeshifter who seized the prize and ran it home.

Across the way Petra raised her arms with the same triumphant whoop coming from the other blues, grinning as Aofie trotted over. “Oh no”, She reached out and clasped the faun’s hand between her own, shaking it, “Next time you’re with me, and we’ll turn this near stalemate into a slaughter!” The cackle that followed was nothing short of the type of person who probably knew an evil genius, but dissolving into something more light hearted.

Amidst the conversation she twirled around, chucking the last snowball in hand right between Luca’s shoulder blades, the jump that followed nearly landing him on the ground. “That said, I can’t feel anything. Seeing as how I can appreciate valiant foes and potential future allies— and partially as an apology for almost hitting a teenager in the face with ice— care for a warm drink? On me, provided your big sis doesn’t mind.”

At the mention of hot drinks Luca finally came over, catching the money Petra had tossed his way. No sooner was he again turned around, puppy eyes and nicely asking unnecessary from the elf at the request but given nonetheless. The duo had half a mind to invite the older two to join their little celebration, only for Luca to easily talk Petra down at seeing the two head off on their own again. While she bounced away to find a place to warm up and sit, with or without her new comrade, he slipped around the crowd as much as possible without delving in towards the clearest drink stand.
Luca and Petra|| Snowball Fight / Blue Team -> Festivities|| Aofie || Mentions: Grey, Michael

Luca was swift in following Grey across no-man’s land, quickly following to the red fort, occasionally slipping away to rescue teammates before promptly hiding again. Just as plains turned to ruins made of ice— and only more complex further in— he skidded to a stop and helped free his sister. When the opportunity presented itself he tapped her, only to promptly drag her over behind on of the red’s own barriers.

A thumbs up was given to Grey as she was off again, peaking over the barrier to see where she had been gesturing too. Close, just beyond the labyrinth that was beginning to crumble without the red’s fearless leader. An encouraging whack came from behind, Petra doing the same to the sides of her face and leaping back to the fray not a moment later.

Lawless lands were snowball fights, and knowing that there would never be a ‘hood Chance’ in such a conflict, the Aasimar leapt over the up front barrier and set out to enact Grey’s last wish.

Ducking and tumbling across the short distance to the red base had felt monumental in amidst the carnage of ice, snow, and now apprently rocks. A great distance, that was maybe only a car length or two in reality. One shred of snow had nearly clipped him, saved by an accidental skid across a patch of ice near his goal, as if an arrow rather than just a loosely packed orb of snow.

Just overhead flew victory and demise: the red flag.

Holding onto one of the branches he snatched it, swooping down to scoop snow into the fabric before hauling himself into the crook of the trunk. The end was tied, in a last ditch effort of ‘this flag is in no way shape or form surviving a run across that field’, and found it overhead... much to the triumphant cheers that followed and the glory of a shapeshifter who seized the prize and ran it home.

Across the way Petra raised her arms with the same triumphant whoop coming from the other blues, grinning as Aofie trotted over. “Oh no”, She reached out and clasped the faun’s hand between her own, shaking it, “Next time you’re with me, and we’ll turn this near stalemate into a slaughter!” The cackle that followed was nothing short of the type of person who probably knew an evil genius, but dissolving into something more light hearted.

Amidst the conversation she twirled around, chucking the last snowball in hand right between Luca’s shoulder blades, the jump that followed nearly landing him on the ground. “That said, I can’t feel anything. Seeing as how I can appreciate valiant foes and potential future allies— and partially as an apology for almost hitting a teenager in the face with ice— care for a warm drink? On me, provided your big sis doesn’t mind.”

At the mention of hot drinks Luca finally came over, catching the money Petra had tossed his way. No sooner was he again turned around, puppy eyes and nicely asking unnecessary from the elf at the request but given nonetheless. The duo had half a mind to invite the older two to join their little celebration, only for Luca to easily talk Petra down at seeing the two head off on their own again. While she bounced away to find a place to warm up and sit, with or without her new comrade, he slipped around the crowd as much as possible without delving in towards the clearest drink stand.
Grey |:| Snowball Fight --> Michael's House |:| Mentions: Michael

Grey laughed and sat up. "I'm a little more worried about you, I still have patches of undercoat where it counts.". She stood up again, narrowly missing slipping back down on a patch of ice. "I'll never understand how you survive without a built in coat. When her footing had been settled, she pulled Michael up after her, resting his arm on her shoulders and hers on his, support for the both of them. "Dinner sounds great, I could probably eat a horse at this point. Don't forget your stuff before we go!". She waved to the other tired people leaving the field as they left, enemies and allies, all ready for a good meal and a fire.

Grey was silent as they truged through the snow, enjoying the music blaring in the distance, the warm smell of fires, the lingering taste of a candy cane. It was probably for the best Michael's home wasn't too far, his car had been completely snowed in and a longer walk would have been horrible. As the door softly clicked open, Grey was already removing her dripping jacket. She placed it on the seperate hanger away from the dry coats and wiped her feet on the mat. There was little she could do to avoid dragging gallons in with her though. "I'm taking the guest bath!". She called, already disappearing into the house. Under the sink in the guest bath was a box of her stuff anyways, fresh outfits and favorite shampoos, along with the industrial hair dryer.

One short ten minute shower later, Grey reappeared in the living room, now in a simple candy cane stripped sweater and long puff pants with elastic leggs. She haden't tried to make her fur lay down after drying it and the festive scent of gingerbread hung around her. "Shame my sweater won't see the light of day again, but at least this one is warmer. How do I look?".
Grey |:| Snowball Fight --> Michael's House |:| Mentions: Michael

Grey laughed and sat up. "I'm a little more worried about you, I still have patches of undercoat where it counts.". She stood up again, narrowly missing slipping back down on a patch of ice. "I'll never understand how you survive without a built in coat. When her footing had been settled, she pulled Michael up after her, resting his arm on her shoulders and hers on his, support for the both of them. "Dinner sounds great, I could probably eat a horse at this point. Don't forget your stuff before we go!". She waved to the other tired people leaving the field as they left, enemies and allies, all ready for a good meal and a fire.

Grey was silent as they truged through the snow, enjoying the music blaring in the distance, the warm smell of fires, the lingering taste of a candy cane. It was probably for the best Michael's home wasn't too far, his car had been completely snowed in and a longer walk would have been horrible. As the door softly clicked open, Grey was already removing her dripping jacket. She placed it on the seperate hanger away from the dry coats and wiped her feet on the mat. There was little she could do to avoid dragging gallons in with her though. "I'm taking the guest bath!". She called, already disappearing into the house. Under the sink in the guest bath was a box of her stuff anyways, fresh outfits and favorite shampoos, along with the industrial hair dryer.

One short ten minute shower later, Grey reappeared in the living room, now in a simple candy cane stripped sweater and long puff pants with elastic leggs. She haden't tried to make her fur lay down after drying it and the festive scent of gingerbread hung around her. "Shame my sweater won't see the light of day again, but at least this one is warmer. How do I look?".
55073809p.png |
|
|
|
|
Erst
/erst/
adverb (ARCHAIC)
long ago; formerly.

columns can suck my butt