Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rainforests and Milkweeds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 84
( @Andalite here's the post lol- Im just going to start off with this-)

*Milkweed blinked her eyes open, the sun shining right into them. She held her head up, looking around- she didn't recognize any of her surroundings. She stood up, and immediately almost fell back down again.- she felt achy all over, like she had gotten beaten up pretty bad.. she flapped her wings a little, shaking off the sand, and gasped at the sudden sting in one of them. Turning her neck to look at it... it looked... off. either broken by the shoulder or dislocated, hopefully the latter. She went back to inspecting her surroundings, she was on a beach, clearly. the watter licking at the tip of her tail, looking inland, there seemed to be forest, was she by the poison jungle? had to be... but it didn't feel like it. She felt it should be more dense, especially at the edges, right? She only had a hazy memory of the place, but she'd seen it in the distance before- just didn't seem like the same place. She sat back down on the sand and thought, "if this is the poison jungle, then it'd most likely be certain death to try and get in, but..." maybe she could try? her wing needed healing, and her gut said she wasn't where she thought she was. this edge of the forest seemed particularly un-hostile, hmm.. She decided to abandon all rational thought and got up, and began walking to the rainforest in front her, careful not to move her damaged wing.*
( @Andalite here's the post lol- Im just going to start off with this-)

*Milkweed blinked her eyes open, the sun shining right into them. She held her head up, looking around- she didn't recognize any of her surroundings. She stood up, and immediately almost fell back down again.- she felt achy all over, like she had gotten beaten up pretty bad.. she flapped her wings a little, shaking off the sand, and gasped at the sudden sting in one of them. Turning her neck to look at it... it looked... off. either broken by the shoulder or dislocated, hopefully the latter. She went back to inspecting her surroundings, she was on a beach, clearly. the watter licking at the tip of her tail, looking inland, there seemed to be forest, was she by the poison jungle? had to be... but it didn't feel like it. She felt it should be more dense, especially at the edges, right? She only had a hazy memory of the place, but she'd seen it in the distance before- just didn't seem like the same place. She sat back down on the sand and thought, "if this is the poison jungle, then it'd most likely be certain death to try and get in, but..." maybe she could try? her wing needed healing, and her gut said she wasn't where she thought she was. this edge of the forest seemed particularly un-hostile, hmm.. She decided to abandon all rational thought and got up, and began walking to the rainforest in front her, careful not to move her damaged wing.*
@GeminiQueen

Two RainWings, nearly fully grown, were playing near the area. Well, one was playing, the other was just trying to sleep.

The larger of the two, poked at her friend's wings and tail. "Stop ignoring me Nebby! I didn't bring you out here so you could nap!"

The other one kept ignoring her, curling up on a branch. "Coulda fooled me. And don't call me Nebby."

The first opened her mouth to speak again, but Nebby - or Nebulae, as she preferred, flipped her tail up over her friend's mouth, silencing her. Her ruff rose as she listened. "Someone's nearby."

"Well let's go see!" The first said, looking over to find Nebulae already blending into her surroundings. She rolled her violet eyes and did the same, quietly following the sound.

@GeminiQueen

Two RainWings, nearly fully grown, were playing near the area. Well, one was playing, the other was just trying to sleep.

The larger of the two, poked at her friend's wings and tail. "Stop ignoring me Nebby! I didn't bring you out here so you could nap!"

The other one kept ignoring her, curling up on a branch. "Coulda fooled me. And don't call me Nebby."

The first opened her mouth to speak again, but Nebby - or Nebulae, as she preferred, flipped her tail up over her friend's mouth, silencing her. Her ruff rose as she listened. "Someone's nearby."

"Well let's go see!" The first said, looking over to find Nebulae already blending into her surroundings. She rolled her violet eyes and did the same, quietly following the sound.

Andalite
She/Her
"Yes Prince Jake."
~ All lives matter ~

Come see my For Sale tab in my Den!
*Milkweed was walking through the forest, cautious, constantly darting her aqua green eyes from one new thing to another. nothing had tried to kill her yet, surprisingly. none of the plants she recognized either.. soon, she lost most caution. and continuously kept stopping to inspect a new flower or leaf she found, wishing she had her notebook with her. She heard some rustling around her, and jumped to her feet again, remembering where she thought she was- her ears pricked up,and the webbed spine along her back seemed to straighten and spike up a bit as well. She began to raise her wings slightly, in case she needed to fly, but quickly stopped when the searing pain reminded her why she had decided to walk into the rainforest.*
*Milkweed was walking through the forest, cautious, constantly darting her aqua green eyes from one new thing to another. nothing had tried to kill her yet, surprisingly. none of the plants she recognized either.. soon, she lost most caution. and continuously kept stopping to inspect a new flower or leaf she found, wishing she had her notebook with her. She heard some rustling around her, and jumped to her feet again, remembering where she thought she was- her ears pricked up,and the webbed spine along her back seemed to straighten and spike up a bit as well. She began to raise her wings slightly, in case she needed to fly, but quickly stopped when the searing pain reminded her why she had decided to walk into the rainforest.*
(ack- @Andalite . oh, also! I learned that if you star a forum thread, it gives you notifs whenever there's any comment on the thread, so if ya click the star next to the new button, we won't need to @ each other everytime we commented anymore lol :P)
(ack- @Andalite . oh, also! I learned that if you star a forum thread, it gives you notifs whenever there's any comment on the thread, so if ya click the star next to the new button, we won't need to @ each other everytime we commented anymore lol :P)
(Oh cool! I was wondering how to do that!)

"What in the MOONS is THAT?" Came a voice from surprisingly near, though the source couldn't be seen. It was quickly followed by a 'thwack' and a high pitched "Ow! Neb-!" And finally, muffled grunts.
(Oh cool! I was wondering how to do that!)

"What in the MOONS is THAT?" Came a voice from surprisingly near, though the source couldn't be seen. It was quickly followed by a 'thwack' and a high pitched "Ow! Neb-!" And finally, muffled grunts.
Andalite
She/Her
"Yes Prince Jake."
~ All lives matter ~

*Milkweed spun to the noise, searching for the owner of the voice, but of course, could only see trees.* I could ask the same of you- whatever in the name of clearsight you are
*Milkweed spun to the noise, searching for the owner of the voice, but of course, could only see trees.* I could ask the same of you- whatever in the name of clearsight you are
"What in the world Moons is a Clearsight?" Asked the voice. Another, distinctly different one, sighed.

"Aaand there goes our advantage of surprise."
"What in the world Moons is a Clearsight?" Asked the voice. Another, distinctly different one, sighed.

"Aaand there goes our advantage of surprise."
Andalite
She/Her
"Yes Prince Jake."
~ All lives matter ~

Not a what a who you absolute fool. Well, I can at least now confirm whatever I'm talking to as absolutely no knowledge of Pantalan history whatsoever. *Milkweed replied sassily* Now, what am I talking too right now? *Milkweed mumbles under her breath* knew I shouldn't have touched those flowers earlier- now I'm actively hallucinating.
Not a what a who you absolute fool. Well, I can at least now confirm whatever I'm talking to as absolutely no knowledge of Pantalan history whatsoever. *Milkweed replied sassily* Now, what am I talking too right now? *Milkweed mumbles under her breath* knew I shouldn't have touched those flowers earlier- now I'm actively hallucinating.
"I don't like it Nebby. It talks like you. " The first voice deadpanned.

"Pant-what now?" The second asked.
"I don't like it Nebby. It talks like you. " The first voice deadpanned.

"Pant-what now?" The second asked.
Andalite
She/Her
"Yes Prince Jake."
~ All lives matter ~

*Milkweed takes a moment to process, looking around a bit* oh clearsight I got swept onto an entire other continent didn't I? Or at least a strange island...
*Milkweed takes a moment to process, looking around a bit* oh clearsight I got swept onto an entire other continent didn't I? Or at least a strange island...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 84