Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Traveling Inn - Closed for now
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
"Dress code...?" Jack looked confused for a moment "oh you mean the- yeah London's fashion sense is a little uptight and formal at the moment, however it's terribly more appropriate that what one wears in hell. I imagine the batron would prefer stiff formalities in the state my dresswear to something much more risque and along the lines of a state of undress."

Normaly he would toss in a flirtatious comment here but given how truly thin the ice was between the small woman and himself he elected to not terrorize her anymore.

"Pardon, but this dinner service is it only served to the rooms or is there any chance to dine with company? Meals are much more enjoyable when they can be had with a story or a bit of conversation." He took the offered menus all the same opening it and sweeping his eyes over all the possibilities, the pages hummed under his finger tips alive with magic but the magic was foriegn so it couldn't quite communicate to him what it was for he decided to stay from good old english food since he left london for an adventure. Might as well taste adventuously too! He selected a plate of ribs from an animal he couldn't pronounce the name of, partnered with some kind of pickled cabbage, salad mixed with other alien vegetables, and a berry cornbread muffin. He handed back the worn menu and laced his fingers behind his bac as she spoke again.

It all clicked now, she didn't want to share what she was, from the sounds of it she didn't like the gift she had. His comments from earlier must've struck a nerve, that partnered with the smell of his blood must have been terribly offensive. He'd never met a vampire that wished to hide from anything but the sunlight, infact he had never met any arcane creatures intent on hiding themselves away.

"That's why you shied away earlier, I outed you in comon conversation. I didn't know that was meant to be a secret, I apologize, see all of the arcane peoples I've met in the past, they were all open about what they were. I had no idea that other were not so proud of the things they had become. Henceforth I'll keep what I scented to myself."

With his two cents supplied and his swear to avoid any further embarrassment to her in place Jack excuded himself, and slipped by her descending the stairs quickly curious to see where they would land next. There was a terribly soggy woman in the foyer asking rather rudely about a room but the inn was still shaking up a storm, which meant they'd not yet landed anywhere, she must've slipped in before the inn took off.
"Dress code...?" Jack looked confused for a moment "oh you mean the- yeah London's fashion sense is a little uptight and formal at the moment, however it's terribly more appropriate that what one wears in hell. I imagine the batron would prefer stiff formalities in the state my dresswear to something much more risque and along the lines of a state of undress."

Normaly he would toss in a flirtatious comment here but given how truly thin the ice was between the small woman and himself he elected to not terrorize her anymore.

"Pardon, but this dinner service is it only served to the rooms or is there any chance to dine with company? Meals are much more enjoyable when they can be had with a story or a bit of conversation." He took the offered menus all the same opening it and sweeping his eyes over all the possibilities, the pages hummed under his finger tips alive with magic but the magic was foriegn so it couldn't quite communicate to him what it was for he decided to stay from good old english food since he left london for an adventure. Might as well taste adventuously too! He selected a plate of ribs from an animal he couldn't pronounce the name of, partnered with some kind of pickled cabbage, salad mixed with other alien vegetables, and a berry cornbread muffin. He handed back the worn menu and laced his fingers behind his bac as she spoke again.

It all clicked now, she didn't want to share what she was, from the sounds of it she didn't like the gift she had. His comments from earlier must've struck a nerve, that partnered with the smell of his blood must have been terribly offensive. He'd never met a vampire that wished to hide from anything but the sunlight, infact he had never met any arcane creatures intent on hiding themselves away.

"That's why you shied away earlier, I outed you in comon conversation. I didn't know that was meant to be a secret, I apologize, see all of the arcane peoples I've met in the past, they were all open about what they were. I had no idea that other were not so proud of the things they had become. Henceforth I'll keep what I scented to myself."

With his two cents supplied and his swear to avoid any further embarrassment to her in place Jack excuded himself, and slipped by her descending the stairs quickly curious to see where they would land next. There was a terribly soggy woman in the foyer asking rather rudely about a room but the inn was still shaking up a storm, which meant they'd not yet landed anywhere, she must've slipped in before the inn took off.
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
“Please, no need to undress!” Anja squeaked. The statement did however manage to get a laugh out of her, even if she still wasn’t entirely comfortable. The small woman stood in the doorway quietly, looking down at her feet while the devil man Jack browsed through the menu, twiddling her thumbs. While the look in her eyes appeared vacant, in truth, she was trying very hard to retract her fangs. It was easier when her mood was controlled and she was… To some extent sated from her thirst. Ethically sourced meals were hard to come by at the inn, and while a little went a long way… How long has it been? Even the smell of heavy char was becoming appetizing on her tongue. Jack’s words though snapped her back to the real world like a wound rubber band.

“Oh, well, that’s up to you. Many prefer to dine alone in their rooms, but I can put you down for the dining area if you prefer some company while you eat. It’s close to the kitchens, there’s a sign downstairs.”

Ever polite, Anja was ready to take her leave, right as Jack stopped her. The last thing she expected from him was an apology, but there he was… Apologizing. Strange, it made her reminiscent of her old days when he mentioned others of her kind… Anja was turned at the ripe age of 20 years old. She couldn’t remember how old she was at the moment, but she did remember a little from life before her condition. Vampires, to her knowledge, weren’t plentiful, and aside from her liege she’s never met another in all of her existence. Of course, the devil himself had to know some by association, but to Anja’s knowledge, vampires were rare creatures. She couldn’t imagine them being the types to just show themselves off.

“Thank you.” She said, and before she knew it, the devil man Jack had sauntered off again, and Anja looked off at him with a tsk of her tongue. Clearly, he wasn’t used to the bumpy ride. Like a child, it was like he was afraid he’d miss something if he were not present in the centre of the action.

The next person on her list was the fae, Kaito. She didn’t have to walk too far too find his room either, and repeated her standard knock, three times, before stepping back.

"S'cuse me, Mister Kaito?"
“Please, no need to undress!” Anja squeaked. The statement did however manage to get a laugh out of her, even if she still wasn’t entirely comfortable. The small woman stood in the doorway quietly, looking down at her feet while the devil man Jack browsed through the menu, twiddling her thumbs. While the look in her eyes appeared vacant, in truth, she was trying very hard to retract her fangs. It was easier when her mood was controlled and she was… To some extent sated from her thirst. Ethically sourced meals were hard to come by at the inn, and while a little went a long way… How long has it been? Even the smell of heavy char was becoming appetizing on her tongue. Jack’s words though snapped her back to the real world like a wound rubber band.

“Oh, well, that’s up to you. Many prefer to dine alone in their rooms, but I can put you down for the dining area if you prefer some company while you eat. It’s close to the kitchens, there’s a sign downstairs.”

Ever polite, Anja was ready to take her leave, right as Jack stopped her. The last thing she expected from him was an apology, but there he was… Apologizing. Strange, it made her reminiscent of her old days when he mentioned others of her kind… Anja was turned at the ripe age of 20 years old. She couldn’t remember how old she was at the moment, but she did remember a little from life before her condition. Vampires, to her knowledge, weren’t plentiful, and aside from her liege she’s never met another in all of her existence. Of course, the devil himself had to know some by association, but to Anja’s knowledge, vampires were rare creatures. She couldn’t imagine them being the types to just show themselves off.

“Thank you.” She said, and before she knew it, the devil man Jack had sauntered off again, and Anja looked off at him with a tsk of her tongue. Clearly, he wasn’t used to the bumpy ride. Like a child, it was like he was afraid he’d miss something if he were not present in the centre of the action.

The next person on her list was the fae, Kaito. She didn’t have to walk too far too find his room either, and repeated her standard knock, three times, before stepping back.

"S'cuse me, Mister Kaito?"

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
"There isn't much magic can't do. Just depends on what you're willing to do to make it happen." She smiled as he joked about the vial. Love potions weren't really her thing. They were too messy, not only to make but usually what came after the use of one. When he showed interest in two items she grinned.
"I'd trade those alone for that troll eye - and I know how weird that sounds. How about the cape, the stone and some gold for everything I mentioned before and the vial of nectar?"

Around them the room continued to shake. It wouldn't be long before the Inn moved but the door opened and slammed shut, interrupting whatever Cylus might have said next. Vivian watched the woman storm in and up to the counter, felt the Inn shake harder, and heard Cylus great her as the anxiety in Vivian's chest rose. There wasn't any time. She opened her mouth and raised her arm, magic building. She was going to have to toss the woman out before the Inn moved.

Light tore through the windows, blinding her momentarily as she released her spell and it flew past her intended target. The table and chairs behind the woman lurch towards the door, banging into another set and became a tangled mess. As the light faded and the Inn stopped shaking she stared in dismay at the woman that still remained at the counter. Had her spell landed on the woman she would have harmlessly slid her right out the door and she would have stayed in her own world.

A string of swear words flew from Vivian's lips, most of them in an alien language that sounded quite fluid and rather pretty. She had a personal goal, no one was to travel with the Inn if they didn't know the risks. With a drawn out sigh she looked back at the woman.

"Welcome to the Traveling Inn, my name is Vivian. Unfortunately, you stepped in at a rather time sensitive moment." With a fling of her hand the woman's clothes completely dried, a small amount of steam rising above her. "Normally I would warn you upon entrance that the Inn travels through time and place. But I didn't have time. We are no longer in your world and I can not guarantee we will return there. I will try though, should you wish to go home. In the mean time you will get a room free of charge. I just need your name."

As if to drive home the point they weren't in the same world a loud whistle sounded from outside. On the other side of the windows was a steal and iron made wonder.
A large steam powered train, well at least it looked like a train even though it was almost 3 levels tall, rumbled by causing the Inn to vibrate a bit.
The streets were lined with old incandescent street lamps and massive curved bridges arched above them with giant clock gears turning slowly beneath the bridges surface.
The buildings across the train tracks and street where stacked impressively on top of each other, at least 26 or more floors high. Chimneys belonging to said stack of houses let out a steady trail of steam. Above the copper roof tops, giant floating airships with massive balloons slowly drifted past.
The people that were walking outside were just as interesting. Their clothes looked similar to earths 19th century style but there was more metal incorporated. Women wore skirts and pants. There were top hats and parasols, but also goggles and metal contraptions buckled to their backs.

((It's a Steampunk world!))
"There isn't much magic can't do. Just depends on what you're willing to do to make it happen." She smiled as he joked about the vial. Love potions weren't really her thing. They were too messy, not only to make but usually what came after the use of one. When he showed interest in two items she grinned.
"I'd trade those alone for that troll eye - and I know how weird that sounds. How about the cape, the stone and some gold for everything I mentioned before and the vial of nectar?"

Around them the room continued to shake. It wouldn't be long before the Inn moved but the door opened and slammed shut, interrupting whatever Cylus might have said next. Vivian watched the woman storm in and up to the counter, felt the Inn shake harder, and heard Cylus great her as the anxiety in Vivian's chest rose. There wasn't any time. She opened her mouth and raised her arm, magic building. She was going to have to toss the woman out before the Inn moved.

Light tore through the windows, blinding her momentarily as she released her spell and it flew past her intended target. The table and chairs behind the woman lurch towards the door, banging into another set and became a tangled mess. As the light faded and the Inn stopped shaking she stared in dismay at the woman that still remained at the counter. Had her spell landed on the woman she would have harmlessly slid her right out the door and she would have stayed in her own world.

A string of swear words flew from Vivian's lips, most of them in an alien language that sounded quite fluid and rather pretty. She had a personal goal, no one was to travel with the Inn if they didn't know the risks. With a drawn out sigh she looked back at the woman.

"Welcome to the Traveling Inn, my name is Vivian. Unfortunately, you stepped in at a rather time sensitive moment." With a fling of her hand the woman's clothes completely dried, a small amount of steam rising above her. "Normally I would warn you upon entrance that the Inn travels through time and place. But I didn't have time. We are no longer in your world and I can not guarantee we will return there. I will try though, should you wish to go home. In the mean time you will get a room free of charge. I just need your name."

As if to drive home the point they weren't in the same world a loud whistle sounded from outside. On the other side of the windows was a steal and iron made wonder.
A large steam powered train, well at least it looked like a train even though it was almost 3 levels tall, rumbled by causing the Inn to vibrate a bit.
The streets were lined with old incandescent street lamps and massive curved bridges arched above them with giant clock gears turning slowly beneath the bridges surface.
The buildings across the train tracks and street where stacked impressively on top of each other, at least 26 or more floors high. Chimneys belonging to said stack of houses let out a steady trail of steam. Above the copper roof tops, giant floating airships with massive balloons slowly drifted past.
The people that were walking outside were just as interesting. Their clothes looked similar to earths 19th century style but there was more metal incorporated. Women wore skirts and pants. There were top hats and parasols, but also goggles and metal contraptions buckled to their backs.

((It's a Steampunk world!))
Survival of all or none. One raindrop raises the sea.
Weapons are enemies, even to their owners.
Give more, take less. Others first, self last. Observe, listen, and learn.
Do one thing at a time. Sing every day. Exercise imagination. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
I LOVE Steampunk! Now I want to give Anja a complete steampunk makeover. Someone, take her shopping!
I LOVE Steampunk! Now I want to give Anja a complete steampunk makeover. Someone, take her shopping!

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
((Hey, uh, I was just wondering what was happening in Cylus' conversation with Vivian? Did I miss something or did that just end very suddenly? Because, uh, if I didn't miss anything I'm not quite sure what to do for my next post? They were kinda in the middle of a deal, weren't they?))
((Hey, uh, I was just wondering what was happening in Cylus' conversation with Vivian? Did I miss something or did that just end very suddenly? Because, uh, if I didn't miss anything I'm not quite sure what to do for my next post? They were kinda in the middle of a deal, weren't they?))
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
[quote name="AbyssRanger" date="2020-04-09 13:27:53" ] ((Hey, uh, I was just wondering what was happening in Cylus' conversation with Vivian? Did I miss something or did that just end very suddenly? Because, uh, if I didn't miss anything I'm not quite sure what to do for my next post? They were kinda in the middle of a deal, weren't they?)) [/quote] ((Sorry! I fixed it! I'm a dumb-dumb today :P ))
AbyssRanger wrote on 2020-04-09 13:27:53:
((Sorry! I fixed it! I'm a dumb-dumb today :P ))
Survival of all or none. One raindrop raises the sea.
Weapons are enemies, even to their owners.
Give more, take less. Others first, self last. Observe, listen, and learn.
Do one thing at a time. Sing every day. Exercise imagination. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
"A steampunk?-" The stranger rushed to the window, staring at the people outside. "So we just traveled back in time or something? That's cool!" She swung around from the window. "Oh yeah. Just call me, uhh, Brynn. Soooo, where are the rooms?" she asked casually. She tugged a hair tie out of her ponytail, letting her dark red hair drop to her shoulders. "I'm a traveler anyway; I don't mind being stuck here. Don't worry."
"A steampunk?-" The stranger rushed to the window, staring at the people outside. "So we just traveled back in time or something? That's cool!" She swung around from the window. "Oh yeah. Just call me, uhh, Brynn. Soooo, where are the rooms?" she asked casually. She tugged a hair tie out of her ponytail, letting her dark red hair drop to her shoulders. "I'm a traveler anyway; I don't mind being stuck here. Don't worry."
Untitled241.png
Kaito had only been resting for an hour or so before he was awoken rather suddenly by the shuddering of the inn tossing him onto the floor. Did the inn move worlds already? He wondered as the fog of sleep left him, heading over to answer the door as somebody knocked on it, seeing the blonde staff who had brought the pastries earlier. Unlike Jack and his somewhat showy attire, Kaito looked much the same as he had earlier. He greeted Anja when he saw her just outside the doorway, curious as to what could be the cause of her visit. “Good evening”.
Kaito had only been resting for an hour or so before he was awoken rather suddenly by the shuddering of the inn tossing him onto the floor. Did the inn move worlds already? He wondered as the fog of sleep left him, heading over to answer the door as somebody knocked on it, seeing the blonde staff who had brought the pastries earlier. Unlike Jack and his somewhat showy attire, Kaito looked much the same as he had earlier. He greeted Anja when he saw her just outside the doorway, curious as to what could be the cause of her visit. “Good evening”.
"Alas, love cannot be cured by herbs!"
———
Bas||they/them/fae/faer||18+||FR+2
———
Quite possibly just a moth with internet access.
autumn_sphinx.png lamp.gif
The girl took a deep breath and rubbed the sweat from her brow with her still human hand. The low clanking of patrolling steam knights had her chewing her lip, of course the knights wouldn't hurt her but that didn't mean she wanted them finding her to drag her back to the castle, it took her nearly a whole month to escape this time. She stared back down at the large mechanical body she was curently straddling, good thing steam knights were built without human knowledge and feelings otherwise well this would be pretty awkward. She pulled a screwdriver from her messy hair unleashing it from her messy twist to tumble down her shoulders in unruly black waves. She puffed some air upwards, and tucked the hair behind her ears shoving up her goggles to sit at her hairline. She tightened the core into the mechanical man's boiler and sighed, once again wiping her grease stained face. She shut the door and powered him on. Smiling brightly when his eternally smiling face began to pour steam from between his teeth. Glowing yellow eyes shuttering and opening again as he sat up right he made a low rumbling sound and cupped her face with one huge mechanical hand tracing the long scar on the side of her head. One of her step Mummy's gifts, a ferocious beating for asking about the whereabouts of her father. The other knights outside had moved on and she stood throwing the tarp off of their hide out.

"Let's go! We can probably make it back to Romero's airship before the clankers find us."

Her metal man stood to his full height, steam hissing all around as he did. Towering above her measly 5' 3" at a whopping 7' tall. Objectively speaking her modified knight was terrifying, he was bigger than the others, held more water than the others, and had been rebuilt with the severed head of a preformer automaton. Hence the ever smiling face and damaged voice box. She peaked around the corner and sighed with relief, not a soul to be seen. "Come on No Name, we've gotta get to Turner street, the train will take us the rest of the way!" Together girl and bot ran off ducking in and out of alley ways till they reached the populated streets the girl adjusted her Maroon top hat so it's brim dipped just into her line of sight. With her chin held up and an extra sashay in her step she slipped through the crowds noticed only for her curvaceous, and voluptuous figure, thankfully not for her face which covered the town in expertly sketched wanted posters.

Wanted Alive

Princess Korvos Locque

For the princess's safe return Her Royal Majesty Queen Scarlett shall bestow upon the rescuer 100,000 crowns and as many jewels as one can carry in their hands. Those of noble blood may also put forth their papers for review to submit their hand to the Queen for the marriage of her daughter Proncess Korvos

She tore down the poster and scoffed, thanks a bunch mum. Sneaking aboard the back of the train the princess busied herself with her tesla rifle, checking that the electrodes were unscuffed. "Once we reach Romero all of this shlock is gonna change No Name. No one is gonna hit me or marry me off ever again, I'll live on my own terms...so will you." The steam knight simply tucked her into his heated chest to listen to the rumbling of his boiler within. A great flash drew her attention as the train reached their stop, a house unlike any of the surrounding neighborhood sat merrily smoking away pensively she ran her fingers over her left arm, or its mechanical replacement anyway. She took a few steps forward her knight catching her arm "I know I know will get to my airship in a few but I want to check out that house first it looks strange."

Mechanical voices rang out from the street.

"That's her! Halt in the name of the queen! Come quietly!"
"You are to ceace movement at once! Turn yourself over fugitive!"
"Rogue Robot, lethal force advised"

She gasped arming her rifle, "Run No Name! To the house!" Together the machine and girl ran for the door flinging it open and pressing her back to the door "oh god!" Oh.

Oh no. People.

The steamknights began to beat on the door violently, "Open up and surrender our charge and the fugitive robot."

She looked at the collective of people, pleading with them silently. Terror apparent in her heterochromatic eyes.
The girl took a deep breath and rubbed the sweat from her brow with her still human hand. The low clanking of patrolling steam knights had her chewing her lip, of course the knights wouldn't hurt her but that didn't mean she wanted them finding her to drag her back to the castle, it took her nearly a whole month to escape this time. She stared back down at the large mechanical body she was curently straddling, good thing steam knights were built without human knowledge and feelings otherwise well this would be pretty awkward. She pulled a screwdriver from her messy hair unleashing it from her messy twist to tumble down her shoulders in unruly black waves. She puffed some air upwards, and tucked the hair behind her ears shoving up her goggles to sit at her hairline. She tightened the core into the mechanical man's boiler and sighed, once again wiping her grease stained face. She shut the door and powered him on. Smiling brightly when his eternally smiling face began to pour steam from between his teeth. Glowing yellow eyes shuttering and opening again as he sat up right he made a low rumbling sound and cupped her face with one huge mechanical hand tracing the long scar on the side of her head. One of her step Mummy's gifts, a ferocious beating for asking about the whereabouts of her father. The other knights outside had moved on and she stood throwing the tarp off of their hide out.

"Let's go! We can probably make it back to Romero's airship before the clankers find us."

Her metal man stood to his full height, steam hissing all around as he did. Towering above her measly 5' 3" at a whopping 7' tall. Objectively speaking her modified knight was terrifying, he was bigger than the others, held more water than the others, and had been rebuilt with the severed head of a preformer automaton. Hence the ever smiling face and damaged voice box. She peaked around the corner and sighed with relief, not a soul to be seen. "Come on No Name, we've gotta get to Turner street, the train will take us the rest of the way!" Together girl and bot ran off ducking in and out of alley ways till they reached the populated streets the girl adjusted her Maroon top hat so it's brim dipped just into her line of sight. With her chin held up and an extra sashay in her step she slipped through the crowds noticed only for her curvaceous, and voluptuous figure, thankfully not for her face which covered the town in expertly sketched wanted posters.

Wanted Alive

Princess Korvos Locque

For the princess's safe return Her Royal Majesty Queen Scarlett shall bestow upon the rescuer 100,000 crowns and as many jewels as one can carry in their hands. Those of noble blood may also put forth their papers for review to submit their hand to the Queen for the marriage of her daughter Proncess Korvos

She tore down the poster and scoffed, thanks a bunch mum. Sneaking aboard the back of the train the princess busied herself with her tesla rifle, checking that the electrodes were unscuffed. "Once we reach Romero all of this shlock is gonna change No Name. No one is gonna hit me or marry me off ever again, I'll live on my own terms...so will you." The steam knight simply tucked her into his heated chest to listen to the rumbling of his boiler within. A great flash drew her attention as the train reached their stop, a house unlike any of the surrounding neighborhood sat merrily smoking away pensively she ran her fingers over her left arm, or its mechanical replacement anyway. She took a few steps forward her knight catching her arm "I know I know will get to my airship in a few but I want to check out that house first it looks strange."

Mechanical voices rang out from the street.

"That's her! Halt in the name of the queen! Come quietly!"
"You are to ceace movement at once! Turn yourself over fugitive!"
"Rogue Robot, lethal force advised"

She gasped arming her rifle, "Run No Name! To the house!" Together the machine and girl ran for the door flinging it open and pressing her back to the door "oh god!" Oh.

Oh no. People.

The steamknights began to beat on the door violently, "Open up and surrender our charge and the fugitive robot."

She looked at the collective of people, pleading with them silently. Terror apparent in her heterochromatic eyes.
Hot damn Sys, you know how to make an entrance XD Good to see the old girl again!)
Hot damn Sys, you know how to make an entrance XD Good to see the old girl again!)
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9