Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Traveling Inn - Closed for now
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2b/c8/a2/2bc8a25242cbdf5f46276d0c3f353c34.jpg[/img] Image found [url=https://vk.com/tutorials_drawing?z=photo-29809816_456249825%2Fwall-29809816_115169]here[/url] [center][i]There is a tale about a Traveling Inn. Some say it grows legs from its large timber beams and walks to its next destitution. Others say it bursts from the ground in an explosion of fire and flames. That it only appears after a storm, or on the quietest of days. People who enter the inn are never seen again, and others have visited the inn many times. Some say the inn is bigger on the inside and has an endless number of rooms. Others describe it as being the size of a closet with a blanket laid out by the fire. Its owned by a warlock, a demon, or a god. They take your blood as payment! The traveling inn [b]is[/b] real, but not all of what you might have heard about it is true. Will you enter the inn?[/i][/center] [quote][LIST] [*][b]PLEASE READ THE POSTS BEFORE YOU[/b] [*]This is a jump-in, jump-out RP. [*][b]Any type of visiting character is allowed. You don't need to ok the character with me. [/b] [*][u]Stick to the normal RP rules. BE NICE.[/u] [*]Romance is allowed, get a room in the inn for to "Fade to Black" [*]Don't go around killing other patrons unless they're cool with that...It might get you kicked out of the inn though. [*]If you want the inn to move to new location, maybe to bring in a new character, just PM me. [*]Please subscribe or let others know if you need to be pinged. [*] Decent sized paragraphs are preferred [/LIST][/quote] The Inn features a roofed porch with a single door flanked with large bay windows. two stories loom above. Inside the main entrance one will find a large stone fireplace on the left of the room with a pair of wing back chairs. To the right of the fireplace a stair case leads to the second floor. On the right side of the room wooden tables and chairs dot the layout. A counter/long bar table stands at the end of the room, open on the left end for access behind the counter and straight through a door to the kitchen while curled on the right to end at the wall. A small corner to the right of the counter houses a booth table and door. That door leads to a small hallway with bathrooms and another door that leads to the kitchen storage room and backdoor. The kitchen features ample kitchen space and a large open pit fire with a large 2 teared cooking spit in the center. A massive stone oven takes up the left side of the room while shelves for cooking tools, provisions and spices line the right wall. A door on the right side of the fire pit leads to the store room that is magical spelled to keep cold. Another door leads to the hallway and one leads outside. That backdoor is kept locked. All the Inn rooms feature beds to suit their occupants needs, a water basin with tap, a table and chair, and a moderate sized closet. The doors are all decorated with individual images carved into the wood that match the key given to them when they get a room. 2 Bathrooms can be found on each floor with a claw foot tub, water basin and privy. The Inn is a mix of modern and medieval design. The size, layout, and placement of rooms seem as normal as they do abnormal when viewed from the outside.
2bc8a25242cbdf5f46276d0c3f353c34.jpg
Image found here

There is a tale about a Traveling Inn. Some say it grows legs from its large timber beams and walks to its next destitution. Others say it bursts from the ground in an explosion of fire and flames. That it only appears after a storm, or on the quietest of days. People who enter the inn are never seen again, and others have visited the inn many times.
Some say the inn is bigger on the inside and has an endless number of rooms. Others describe it as being the size of a closet with a blanket laid out by the fire.
Its owned by a warlock, a demon, or a god. They take your blood as payment!

The traveling inn is real, but not all of what you might have heard about it is true.

Will you enter the inn?

Quote:
  • PLEASE READ THE POSTS BEFORE YOU
  • This is a jump-in, jump-out RP.
  • Any type of visiting character is allowed. You don't need to ok the character with me.
  • Stick to the normal RP rules. BE NICE.
  • Romance is allowed, get a room in the inn for to "Fade to Black"
  • Don't go around killing other patrons unless they're cool with that...It might get you kicked out of the inn though.
  • If you want the inn to move to new location, maybe to bring in a new character, just PM me.
  • Please subscribe or let others know if you need to be pinged.
  • Decent sized paragraphs are preferred

The Inn features a roofed porch with a single door flanked with large bay windows. two stories loom above.

Inside the main entrance one will find a large stone fireplace on the left of the room with a pair of wing back chairs. To the right of the fireplace a stair case leads to the second floor.
On the right side of the room wooden tables and chairs dot the layout.

A counter/long bar table stands at the end of the room, open on the left end for access behind the counter and straight through a door to the kitchen while curled on the right to end at the wall. A small corner to the right of the counter houses a booth table and door. That door leads to a small hallway with bathrooms and another door that leads to the kitchen storage room and backdoor.

The kitchen features ample kitchen space and a large open pit fire with a large 2 teared cooking spit in the center. A massive stone oven takes up the left side of the room while shelves for cooking tools, provisions and spices line the right wall. A door on the right side of the fire pit leads to the store room that is magical spelled to keep cold. Another door leads to the hallway and one leads outside. That backdoor is kept locked.

All the Inn rooms feature beds to suit their occupants needs, a water basin with tap, a table and chair, and a moderate sized closet. The doors are all decorated with individual images carved into the wood that match the key given to them when they get a room. 2 Bathrooms can be found on each floor with a claw foot tub, water basin and privy.

The Inn is a mix of modern and medieval design. The size, layout, and placement of rooms seem as normal as they do abnormal when viewed from the outside.
Survival of all or none. One raindrop raises the sea.
Weapons are enemies, even to their owners.
Give more, take less. Others first, self last. Observe, listen, and learn.
Do one thing at a time. Sing every day. Exercise imagination. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
Vivian sighed, taking a moment for herself she let her pale green eyes close and ran a hand through her long dark auburn waves as she slouched unladylike like in a chair. The bun she'd put her hair up into had fallen out somewhere along her cleaning spree. As a witch she could just snap her fingers and have it back up atop her head in seconds but she was bored of using her magic like that.

In fact she was just plain bored.

Her eyes snapped open and she pushed away from the table and marched over to the windows.
Outside a cloud of pink and blue twisted by in a sickening dance. It was like a child's dream and just as messy. Sure the first few days had been fun and she'd happily dyed half her previously white wardrobe blue and pick and a lovely shade of purple, but it was the same view that had greeted her for the past 2 weeks.

"WHY WON'T YOU MOVE ALREADY" She screamed at the building, not that the inn answered back. Although Vivian fully believed it had a life of it's own and could answer her - it just did it in the most annoying of ways like a flooded room, or a broken floorboard.
The Inn, as it was named, was accidentally cursed by her mother. Bound to suddenly move through time, towns, continents, entire worlds and universes! It had once spent 2 days under a frozen lake.

Vivian thought it was a great way to meet new people and go new places. Not that she had much choice though. Unfortunately it wasn't all pink and blue clouds. Sometimes it was fairly dangerous.

Vivian slunk back to the counter and splayed out across it. A moan escaped her lips as she placed her forehead on the counter top. That's when the rumbling started. Plates and glasses clanked, tables and chairs shook.
Her head flew up and a grin spread across her face.

"Finally!" She whispered, running to the door.

The rumbling continued for a few minutes, then suddenly a blast of light pierced through the windows. When it faded, Vivian was greeted by the sight of a city square. A low fog hung over the cobblestone road as the street lamps shone with a warm glow in the morning hour. A beggar sitting at the corner of one of the buildings flanking either side of the Inn jumped to his feet and ran off screaming about a devil building. It was a reaction she was used to at this point.

Stepping out onto the porch she smiled as the first rays of sunlight hit her freckled face.
"Well look at you!" She said with a chuckle as she give the porch beam a little knock.

The Inn replied, in its own way, when the door fell off its hinges.

(Visual of Vivian Here)
Vivian sighed, taking a moment for herself she let her pale green eyes close and ran a hand through her long dark auburn waves as she slouched unladylike like in a chair. The bun she'd put her hair up into had fallen out somewhere along her cleaning spree. As a witch she could just snap her fingers and have it back up atop her head in seconds but she was bored of using her magic like that.

In fact she was just plain bored.

Her eyes snapped open and she pushed away from the table and marched over to the windows.
Outside a cloud of pink and blue twisted by in a sickening dance. It was like a child's dream and just as messy. Sure the first few days had been fun and she'd happily dyed half her previously white wardrobe blue and pick and a lovely shade of purple, but it was the same view that had greeted her for the past 2 weeks.

"WHY WON'T YOU MOVE ALREADY" She screamed at the building, not that the inn answered back. Although Vivian fully believed it had a life of it's own and could answer her - it just did it in the most annoying of ways like a flooded room, or a broken floorboard.
The Inn, as it was named, was accidentally cursed by her mother. Bound to suddenly move through time, towns, continents, entire worlds and universes! It had once spent 2 days under a frozen lake.

Vivian thought it was a great way to meet new people and go new places. Not that she had much choice though. Unfortunately it wasn't all pink and blue clouds. Sometimes it was fairly dangerous.

Vivian slunk back to the counter and splayed out across it. A moan escaped her lips as she placed her forehead on the counter top. That's when the rumbling started. Plates and glasses clanked, tables and chairs shook.
Her head flew up and a grin spread across her face.

"Finally!" She whispered, running to the door.

The rumbling continued for a few minutes, then suddenly a blast of light pierced through the windows. When it faded, Vivian was greeted by the sight of a city square. A low fog hung over the cobblestone road as the street lamps shone with a warm glow in the morning hour. A beggar sitting at the corner of one of the buildings flanking either side of the Inn jumped to his feet and ran off screaming about a devil building. It was a reaction she was used to at this point.

Stepping out onto the porch she smiled as the first rays of sunlight hit her freckled face.
"Well look at you!" She said with a chuckle as she give the porch beam a little knock.

The Inn replied, in its own way, when the door fell off its hinges.

(Visual of Vivian Here)
Do one thing at a time. Sing every day. Exercise imagination. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
A ways across town a large mob stalked ever closer to a lone lamp lighter clutching a half melted candle anxiously, ignorant to the pain he should have felt as the hot, red wax drippled down his fingers. At the head of the mob holding a gilded crucifix aloft bellowing a passage from the good book at the cornered lad.

"Bhasphemer! Defiler! Wicked and lecherous beast!" Cried the priest. The figure glared and puffed out his candle narrowing his sanguine eyes.

"Is this about that woman? Look I understand that it looked awful but really all, it was a mistake yes I did tear the bosom of her dress but not perversely. My claws got caught in the cheap weave!" He clicked his tongue, he didn't know why he was bothering to deal with these people, they weren't about to listen to him.

"You set fires to our homes!" Shouted one woman from the back "me daughter, pretty young thing, she lost everythin' she 'ad! And I says as soon as I see them flames, damn him what done this damn him all to 'ell! No ordinary flames was these he's back, this must've been the work of old Jack!"

"We've had enough of your terrorizing us! We won't stand for it will we lads?!" Shreiked a drunken man lost in the sea of faces.

The priest held up a flask of holy water and called upon the lord, pointing to the figure "DEVIL!" He shrieked. The lamp lighter huffed.

"Alright, I'll give ya that one!"

With that he curled his lip up over a pair of pearly fangs and belched up a searing ball of fire at the gathered protesters, leaping away from them as they collectively reeled back. His powerful legs sending him up far above their heads to the cobbled roofs, his boots clicking over the tiles as he made a mad dash leaping and bounding from building to building. Somewhere along the way his hat flew off setting free his previously well coiffed raven curls, with caught and bounced around his short black horn jutting up from his hairline accusingly. He honestly didn't know where to go this time, whipping his head about to glance at the shouting whistling group of coppers who'd cropped up some time during the chase. Agitated flames slipped from his jaws with his panting breaths, he loved his city, but his city very plainly did not love him. He dove for a tall stack of chimneys, billowing up thick smoke and held his breath listening to the hoarde below cary on looking for him.

When the streets grew silent, or at least as silent as the industrial revolution could be, he slipped out from his hiding spot slipping down to the cobblestones to seek refuge for the night. He flicked his wrist and sighed when a fresh set of clothes enveloped him, tucking his hands into his pockets he made for the rat ways below the city to room with the tramps and urchins for the night. It really was rather pleasant if you ignored the smell, and he didn't mind the scruffy children that clambered about him and his suit to soak up his excess body warmth any longer. A peculiar smell caught his nose though, something almost spicy and sweet.

"Magic-" he hummed in awe.

Since leaving Hell he hadn't scented any magic other than his own, this intrigued him a great deal as he let his nose lead him to the source. Peeking carefully around the corner before stepping into the warm glow of the inn's light. He cocked his head, pointy ears twitching a bit as he took another few tentative steps forward. The magic here was strong, but not particularly malicious, certainly not fiendish in nature like his. He arched a brow, this smelled like witches, uncommon and unwelcome here in Victorian London. He noted the lack of a door and let out a cautious 'hmm', well he was here and the sign said vacancy, might as well investigate. The devil stepped inside and felt a deep resonating purr in his chest. He was supposed to be here...just didn't know why yet.

"Hullo?" He called "I'd like to inquire about a room."
A ways across town a large mob stalked ever closer to a lone lamp lighter clutching a half melted candle anxiously, ignorant to the pain he should have felt as the hot, red wax drippled down his fingers. At the head of the mob holding a gilded crucifix aloft bellowing a passage from the good book at the cornered lad.

"Bhasphemer! Defiler! Wicked and lecherous beast!" Cried the priest. The figure glared and puffed out his candle narrowing his sanguine eyes.

"Is this about that woman? Look I understand that it looked awful but really all, it was a mistake yes I did tear the bosom of her dress but not perversely. My claws got caught in the cheap weave!" He clicked his tongue, he didn't know why he was bothering to deal with these people, they weren't about to listen to him.

"You set fires to our homes!" Shouted one woman from the back "me daughter, pretty young thing, she lost everythin' she 'ad! And I says as soon as I see them flames, damn him what done this damn him all to 'ell! No ordinary flames was these he's back, this must've been the work of old Jack!"

"We've had enough of your terrorizing us! We won't stand for it will we lads?!" Shreiked a drunken man lost in the sea of faces.

The priest held up a flask of holy water and called upon the lord, pointing to the figure "DEVIL!" He shrieked. The lamp lighter huffed.

"Alright, I'll give ya that one!"

With that he curled his lip up over a pair of pearly fangs and belched up a searing ball of fire at the gathered protesters, leaping away from them as they collectively reeled back. His powerful legs sending him up far above their heads to the cobbled roofs, his boots clicking over the tiles as he made a mad dash leaping and bounding from building to building. Somewhere along the way his hat flew off setting free his previously well coiffed raven curls, with caught and bounced around his short black horn jutting up from his hairline accusingly. He honestly didn't know where to go this time, whipping his head about to glance at the shouting whistling group of coppers who'd cropped up some time during the chase. Agitated flames slipped from his jaws with his panting breaths, he loved his city, but his city very plainly did not love him. He dove for a tall stack of chimneys, billowing up thick smoke and held his breath listening to the hoarde below cary on looking for him.

When the streets grew silent, or at least as silent as the industrial revolution could be, he slipped out from his hiding spot slipping down to the cobblestones to seek refuge for the night. He flicked his wrist and sighed when a fresh set of clothes enveloped him, tucking his hands into his pockets he made for the rat ways below the city to room with the tramps and urchins for the night. It really was rather pleasant if you ignored the smell, and he didn't mind the scruffy children that clambered about him and his suit to soak up his excess body warmth any longer. A peculiar smell caught his nose though, something almost spicy and sweet.

"Magic-" he hummed in awe.

Since leaving Hell he hadn't scented any magic other than his own, this intrigued him a great deal as he let his nose lead him to the source. Peeking carefully around the corner before stepping into the warm glow of the inn's light. He cocked his head, pointy ears twitching a bit as he took another few tentative steps forward. The magic here was strong, but not particularly malicious, certainly not fiendish in nature like his. He arched a brow, this smelled like witches, uncommon and unwelcome here in Victorian London. He noted the lack of a door and let out a cautious 'hmm', well he was here and the sign said vacancy, might as well investigate. The devil stepped inside and felt a deep resonating purr in his chest. He was supposed to be here...just didn't know why yet.

"Hullo?" He called "I'd like to inquire about a room."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
Vivian popped up from behind the counter, her hands tangled in the mess that was her hair. She quickly used the slim wooden stake in her hand to twist her hair up into a messy bun as she flashed him a smile. The dark wood of the stake was topped with a blood red crystal that sparkled in the light and was secured with a delicate twisting of silver filigree. To others it was an ornate hair pin; to her - her mothers wand.

"Welcome to the Traveling Inn!" She said swinging her arms out in a flourish.
"If you're looking for adventure and a chance to leave home ignore the shaking, but should you wish to stay in your own world, time, or town then make sure you leave within a few minutes of it starting."

Pausing to grab something from behind the counter, which also served as the bar, she quickly gave him a once over and hoped it wasn't to obvious. In her many travels she had met similar looking beings. Most of them had been kind, save for a large group of smaller winged like beasts the inn had startled when landing in their territory. Although, she was fairly sure anyone would be insulted were she to group those little monsters in the same family-race as them. They had terrorized her for the 2 days the Inn had remained in their valley. Banging on the windows and scratching at the wood.
The man before her looked much more pleasing.

With a huff she let a large leather bound book fall from her hands to the counter. It made a satisfying thud.
"I have plenty of open rooms. I just need your name."
She flashed him another smile as she opened the book to a random page. A tarnished golden key lay between the pages.
"I'm Vivian by the way."
Vivian popped up from behind the counter, her hands tangled in the mess that was her hair. She quickly used the slim wooden stake in her hand to twist her hair up into a messy bun as she flashed him a smile. The dark wood of the stake was topped with a blood red crystal that sparkled in the light and was secured with a delicate twisting of silver filigree. To others it was an ornate hair pin; to her - her mothers wand.

"Welcome to the Traveling Inn!" She said swinging her arms out in a flourish.
"If you're looking for adventure and a chance to leave home ignore the shaking, but should you wish to stay in your own world, time, or town then make sure you leave within a few minutes of it starting."

Pausing to grab something from behind the counter, which also served as the bar, she quickly gave him a once over and hoped it wasn't to obvious. In her many travels she had met similar looking beings. Most of them had been kind, save for a large group of smaller winged like beasts the inn had startled when landing in their territory. Although, she was fairly sure anyone would be insulted were she to group those little monsters in the same family-race as them. They had terrorized her for the 2 days the Inn had remained in their valley. Banging on the windows and scratching at the wood.
The man before her looked much more pleasing.

With a huff she let a large leather bound book fall from her hands to the counter. It made a satisfying thud.
"I have plenty of open rooms. I just need your name."
She flashed him another smile as she opened the book to a random page. A tarnished golden key lay between the pages.
"I'm Vivian by the way."
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
His eyes widened when she popped up, my she was lovely, he quirked a smile hoping that her reaching back under the counter wasn't her arming herself after sizing him up. He took a few steps closer and was relieved when she presented a book instead of a blade. Curiously he glanced down at the page, the key catching his eye for a moment.

"They call me The Springheeled Jack, out here anyway, but just Jack suits me fine luv. Ah sorry for the endearment, you can take the man out of London but you'll have a helluva time taking the London out of the man." He paused for a moment, "how much for a room? I'm afraid I haven't much money on me."
His eyes widened when she popped up, my she was lovely, he quirked a smile hoping that her reaching back under the counter wasn't her arming herself after sizing him up. He took a few steps closer and was relieved when she presented a book instead of a blade. Curiously he glanced down at the page, the key catching his eye for a moment.

"They call me The Springheeled Jack, out here anyway, but just Jack suits me fine luv. Ah sorry for the endearment, you can take the man out of London but you'll have a helluva time taking the London out of the man." He paused for a moment, "how much for a room? I'm afraid I haven't much money on me."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
(That poor key hasn't been used since July, 2018 lol)

With a twist of her wrist she produced a slim fountain pen and wrote his name along the bottom of the page in curly cursive all the while smiling at his unnecessary apology.

"I don't mind," She said picking up the key to hand to him but pulled it back just as fast to shine it up using the corner of her blouse. "Sorry it seem's this key hasn't been used in a while...and I apologizes for the Inn's sense of humor."

She placed the key on the edge of the counter. It was a simple gold key but the end was shaped like a playing card. It depicted a Jack of Hearts.
She hoped he wasn't too offended by the obvious jab at his name the Inn seemed to be giving.

"Your room is up the stairs on the second floor, just look for the door with a matching carving on it. As for cost, well, I deal mostly in trade. Not much point in taking currency when your Inn never stays in the same place."
As she closed the book and placed it back under the counter her eyes looked past him and she smirked.
"You know how to use a hammer? I'd be willing to trade you 2 nights if you can manage to put my front door back on. If you end up staying longer we talk more then. I never pass on help in the kitchen, but I've traded a room for stories too."

As if to entice him she suddenly held a hammer in one hand and a handful of nails in the other. Sure, she could easily do it herself with magic, but he needed a room and she needed a front door.
(That poor key hasn't been used since July, 2018 lol)

With a twist of her wrist she produced a slim fountain pen and wrote his name along the bottom of the page in curly cursive all the while smiling at his unnecessary apology.

"I don't mind," She said picking up the key to hand to him but pulled it back just as fast to shine it up using the corner of her blouse. "Sorry it seem's this key hasn't been used in a while...and I apologizes for the Inn's sense of humor."

She placed the key on the edge of the counter. It was a simple gold key but the end was shaped like a playing card. It depicted a Jack of Hearts.
She hoped he wasn't too offended by the obvious jab at his name the Inn seemed to be giving.

"Your room is up the stairs on the second floor, just look for the door with a matching carving on it. As for cost, well, I deal mostly in trade. Not much point in taking currency when your Inn never stays in the same place."
As she closed the book and placed it back under the counter her eyes looked past him and she smirked.
"You know how to use a hammer? I'd be willing to trade you 2 nights if you can manage to put my front door back on. If you end up staying longer we talk more then. I never pass on help in the kitchen, but I've traded a room for stories too."

As if to entice him she suddenly held a hammer in one hand and a handful of nails in the other. Sure, she could easily do it herself with magic, but he needed a room and she needed a front door.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
He chuckled taking the key, "down in hell I'm actually the prince of spades." He rolled up his sleeve to show her a solid black spade tattooed into his wrist, a small green clover hidden in the crook of the spade's tail. "That being said I've stolen a heart or two in the past." He grinned lopsidedly and took up the hammer, "I can use one of these but I've never been much of a builder...I'm actually more of a singer. And a fire breather though that's not actually a choice." He took the nails too, letting his tail extend from under his suit jacket to hold the hammer while he lifted the door back up, slightly higher than before so the nails would grip properly he held the door up with his knee and tail and set to work hammering the nails into place. Once the door was aloft he worked it a few times widening the latch hole with a clawed thumb searing it smooth with his fire.

"That should hold...but if it doesn't don't come after me I don't work those sorts on contracts. Oh I hadn't thought to offer before, but what if I propose a contract with you my magical services in return for a place to stay rather than your soul? I do love London but I've grown rather tired of pitch forks and holy water. Without my wings I can't really travel much unaided, I used to so love seeing the worlds out there." He let out a soft wistful sigh.
He chuckled taking the key, "down in hell I'm actually the prince of spades." He rolled up his sleeve to show her a solid black spade tattooed into his wrist, a small green clover hidden in the crook of the spade's tail. "That being said I've stolen a heart or two in the past." He grinned lopsidedly and took up the hammer, "I can use one of these but I've never been much of a builder...I'm actually more of a singer. And a fire breather though that's not actually a choice." He took the nails too, letting his tail extend from under his suit jacket to hold the hammer while he lifted the door back up, slightly higher than before so the nails would grip properly he held the door up with his knee and tail and set to work hammering the nails into place. Once the door was aloft he worked it a few times widening the latch hole with a clawed thumb searing it smooth with his fire.

"That should hold...but if it doesn't don't come after me I don't work those sorts on contracts. Oh I hadn't thought to offer before, but what if I propose a contract with you my magical services in return for a place to stay rather than your soul? I do love London but I've grown rather tired of pitch forks and holy water. Without my wings I can't really travel much unaided, I used to so love seeing the worlds out there." He let out a soft wistful sigh.
foto_1.png
She smiled sweetly as he talked and showed her his tattoo, only raising an eyebrow in reply when he took the hammer. While he set about fixing the door she pulled a couple of glasses down from the rack and quickly wiped them clean of dust with a cloth. When he came back to the counter she listened to his offer as she grabbed a bottle of mead.

"An interesting offer. Seeing as how you already fixed my door, and I am a woman of my word, the first two nights are still yours." She filled the two glasses as she spoke, "I can't say I need much help when it comes to magical services - well at least not when it comes to the mundane day to day running of this place - the patrons that visit on the other hand...well you can help there if a problem arises."

She pushed a glass towards him. "As for the singing. I will never turn down the chance for some entertainment."
She said the last bit with sincerity and grinned.
"I'll agree to your altered contract. You'd be waiting to long for my soul anyway."

A low rumble began to flow through the Inn, then a steady shaking and she raised her glass in toast.
"Well it seems our stop here will be short lived. Here's to our contract unless you wish to stay in your own world, time, and town. I can't guarantee we will ever visit this place again..."
She smiled sweetly as he talked and showed her his tattoo, only raising an eyebrow in reply when he took the hammer. While he set about fixing the door she pulled a couple of glasses down from the rack and quickly wiped them clean of dust with a cloth. When he came back to the counter she listened to his offer as she grabbed a bottle of mead.

"An interesting offer. Seeing as how you already fixed my door, and I am a woman of my word, the first two nights are still yours." She filled the two glasses as she spoke, "I can't say I need much help when it comes to magical services - well at least not when it comes to the mundane day to day running of this place - the patrons that visit on the other hand...well you can help there if a problem arises."

She pushed a glass towards him. "As for the singing. I will never turn down the chance for some entertainment."
She said the last bit with sincerity and grinned.
"I'll agree to your altered contract. You'd be waiting to long for my soul anyway."

A low rumble began to flow through the Inn, then a steady shaking and she raised her glass in toast.
"Well it seems our stop here will be short lived. Here's to our contract unless you wish to stay in your own world, time, and town. I can't guarantee we will ever visit this place again..."
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
He smiled softly raising the glass, "some people are worth the wait." He downed his drink in one go as tossed the window a careless salute, "so long Victoria! I do hope you'll remember me fondly, though I have my doubts!" He laughed jovially gripping the bar with one hand "don't worry about me luv, I'm bound to this place through hell I'll always have a way home, but for now my dear I'd much rather have an adventure!"

He took in one last deep breath of the foul smoke clogged air. Deadly as sulfur but so much sweeter he thought. "As my contract holder I'll happily sing you a tune, being someone's songbird suits me. I must say most of my repertoire oozed from pubs and jaunty soldiers finally homebound. The rest of it crawled from Oblivia with me and is best enjoyed with fire in the air."

For a moment he fondly remembered his early times in hell demons giving him their fondest enthusiastic cheer that was years behind him now, and living amongst mortals had shown him truly how long a year could be.

"Mayhaps this journey will expand my limited experience."
He smiled softly raising the glass, "some people are worth the wait." He downed his drink in one go as tossed the window a careless salute, "so long Victoria! I do hope you'll remember me fondly, though I have my doubts!" He laughed jovially gripping the bar with one hand "don't worry about me luv, I'm bound to this place through hell I'll always have a way home, but for now my dear I'd much rather have an adventure!"

He took in one last deep breath of the foul smoke clogged air. Deadly as sulfur but so much sweeter he thought. "As my contract holder I'll happily sing you a tune, being someone's songbird suits me. I must say most of my repertoire oozed from pubs and jaunty soldiers finally homebound. The rest of it crawled from Oblivia with me and is best enjoyed with fire in the air."

For a moment he fondly remembered his early times in hell demons giving him their fondest enthusiastic cheer that was years behind him now, and living amongst mortals had shown him truly how long a year could be.

"Mayhaps this journey will expand my limited experience."
foto_1.png
Vivian chuckled and sipped her drink. She could see he had a twinkle in his eye as spoke. If it was adventure he was after - he'd get it. She enjoyed this part of the job. The joy and anticipation patrons had when they choose to stay.

"I look forward to hearing all of it." The world beyond the Inns windows started to grow and become an incredibly bright white shine, "For now, onto the adventure!"

The light tore through the room as the shaking seemed to grow even more. Momentarily Blinded, one would say it felt like the Inn shifted or tilted before the shaking stilled and the light slowly died out.

Past the windows stretched a simple cobblestone road and grass. Vivian could see a few buildings and watched a man pulling a wooden cart walk by. He glanced at the Inn uninterested and disappeared past the window frame only to reappear a moment later for another look before vanishing again.

With her glass in hand Vivian opened the door and stood on the porch to servery their new location. They were placed among a handful of other buildings on what appeared to be the outskirts of a town or city. Far above the trees and buildings she could just make out the tops of what was probably a castle. As if to confirm her suspicions on what kind of era they might be in, a man completely dressed in full armor road past on horseback.
Vivian chuckled and sipped her drink. She could see he had a twinkle in his eye as spoke. If it was adventure he was after - he'd get it. She enjoyed this part of the job. The joy and anticipation patrons had when they choose to stay.

"I look forward to hearing all of it." The world beyond the Inns windows started to grow and become an incredibly bright white shine, "For now, onto the adventure!"

The light tore through the room as the shaking seemed to grow even more. Momentarily Blinded, one would say it felt like the Inn shifted or tilted before the shaking stilled and the light slowly died out.

Past the windows stretched a simple cobblestone road and grass. Vivian could see a few buildings and watched a man pulling a wooden cart walk by. He glanced at the Inn uninterested and disappeared past the window frame only to reappear a moment later for another look before vanishing again.

With her glass in hand Vivian opened the door and stood on the porch to servery their new location. They were placed among a handful of other buildings on what appeared to be the outskirts of a town or city. Far above the trees and buildings she could just make out the tops of what was probably a castle. As if to confirm her suspicions on what kind of era they might be in, a man completely dressed in full armor road past on horseback.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9