Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Traveling Inn - Closed for now
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
OOC: Where is everyone today? Was there a public holiday I'm not aware of?
OOC: Where is everyone today? Was there a public holiday I'm not aware of?

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
I was trying to wait for the others before my reply so it wasn't too one sided
I was trying to wait for the others before my reply so it wasn't too one sided
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
((I was baking all day!))

She nods and pockets the gold coin's that appear on the counter as Sai's payment. Although not preferred she'll accept coins if that's all one has to offer.

"I look forward to your work," She says to Kaito, "I'll see if I have anything in storage to make a canvas with. You never know."

She can't help but feel slightly sad when people start to retire to their rooms but she can't blame them. It is getting darker. As she rounds the counter to join Cylus she tries to shrug it off.

"Those all sound like exciting stories, I can't wait to hear them. Well...I have lots of trinkets, tools, and some weapons." Vivian give's him a quick once over, "You look like the type that's on the road a lot. Perhaps you'd like a few healing potions? or something more mundane? I could enchant you clothes so they dry quickly." She chuckles lightly.
With a snap of her fingers a chest appears at her feet, bending she unlocks it and opens it. Inside is a thick fold of fabric, a black handled dagger, a small box just bigger then the palm of ones hand, a small bell, and a pair of soft looking shoes.
"These are some of my more unique items. Let's see...I have a dagger that always returns to your hand after you throw it and I have a cape that will protect you from fire - even lava for a short time. A small bell that is VERY loud, a pair of shoes that will let you jump super high, and this..."
She picks up the small box and flips open the lid. Nestled on red silk in the box is a palm sized white stone and as she picks it up it beings to shine. The room is flooded with pure moonlight, when she returns it to the box, its light dims.

"It's a moon stone in every sense of the word." She puts the box back in the chest and looks towards the table, "I also have gold if money suits you better. I'm interested in the Mage's Bane," She nods towards the roots, "I'll also take the flowers, and would gladly take that troll eye off you. Whats in this?" As she holds the vial with its orange contents up the room begins to shake lightly before growing stronger.

"Well looks like it's time for our next adventure."

((I'm giggling at the thought Jack's nice bath suddenly became a rumbling jacuzzi as the Inn shakes.))
((I was baking all day!))

She nods and pockets the gold coin's that appear on the counter as Sai's payment. Although not preferred she'll accept coins if that's all one has to offer.

"I look forward to your work," She says to Kaito, "I'll see if I have anything in storage to make a canvas with. You never know."

She can't help but feel slightly sad when people start to retire to their rooms but she can't blame them. It is getting darker. As she rounds the counter to join Cylus she tries to shrug it off.

"Those all sound like exciting stories, I can't wait to hear them. Well...I have lots of trinkets, tools, and some weapons." Vivian give's him a quick once over, "You look like the type that's on the road a lot. Perhaps you'd like a few healing potions? or something more mundane? I could enchant you clothes so they dry quickly." She chuckles lightly.
With a snap of her fingers a chest appears at her feet, bending she unlocks it and opens it. Inside is a thick fold of fabric, a black handled dagger, a small box just bigger then the palm of ones hand, a small bell, and a pair of soft looking shoes.
"These are some of my more unique items. Let's see...I have a dagger that always returns to your hand after you throw it and I have a cape that will protect you from fire - even lava for a short time. A small bell that is VERY loud, a pair of shoes that will let you jump super high, and this..."
She picks up the small box and flips open the lid. Nestled on red silk in the box is a palm sized white stone and as she picks it up it beings to shine. The room is flooded with pure moonlight, when she returns it to the box, its light dims.

"It's a moon stone in every sense of the word." She puts the box back in the chest and looks towards the table, "I also have gold if money suits you better. I'm interested in the Mage's Bane," She nods towards the roots, "I'll also take the flowers, and would gladly take that troll eye off you. Whats in this?" As she holds the vial with its orange contents up the room begins to shake lightly before growing stronger.

"Well looks like it's time for our next adventure."

((I'm giggling at the thought Jack's nice bath suddenly became a rumbling jacuzzi as the Inn shakes.))
Survival of all or none. One raindrop raises the sea.
Weapons are enemies, even to their owners.
Give more, take less. Others first, self last. Observe, listen, and learn.
Do one thing at a time. Sing every day. Exercise imagination. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
Ah yes peace serenity, and oh my goodness the water is getting everywhere!. Also might I just say he did a much better job of keeping Viv's attention during his first stay in the Inn, need to channel some of that old school mojo XD))
Ah yes peace serenity, and oh my goodness the water is getting everywhere!. Also might I just say he did a much better job of keeping Viv's attention during his first stay in the Inn, need to channel some of that old school mojo XD))
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
The door opened. A broad-shouldered, soaking wet young woman stepped in and slammed the door behind her. She rummaged in her bag, pulled out a thermos, and chugged the contents. Her boots clunked as she stomped up to the counter and glanced around. "Uhh... can I get a room?" she asked in a vaguely deep voice. Her light brown hair dripped onto her hood. "And a towel, please." Ponytail swishing, she sat on a stool and surveyed the room. "Was this inn always here?" the stranger thought, looking puzzled. "Whatever. So long as it has nice rooms, I don't mind."
The door opened. A broad-shouldered, soaking wet young woman stepped in and slammed the door behind her. She rummaged in her bag, pulled out a thermos, and chugged the contents. Her boots clunked as she stomped up to the counter and glanced around. "Uhh... can I get a room?" she asked in a vaguely deep voice. Her light brown hair dripped onto her hood. "And a towel, please." Ponytail swishing, she sat on a stool and surveyed the room. "Was this inn always here?" the stranger thought, looking puzzled. "Whatever. So long as it has nice rooms, I don't mind."
Untitled241.png
The knocking and thr sudden shaking were enough to coax the devil from his bath snapping himself dressed in his equivalent of casual attire flexing his legs on the way to the door as his pants were tighter than those of a traditional gentleman. Form fitting brocade vest accentuating his slim waist and broad shoulders, pride was a sin but that didn't mean he shouldn't flaunt what he had. "Just a tick!" He called out combing his still damp raven hair up and out of his eyes as he grasped the knob. "Pardon the wait. You needed something miss Anja?" He asked bracing a hand on the doorway as the shaking grew ever steadier. He wanted to know where they would land next rather desperately, perhaps someplace he could get outside in for a bit. Still manners commanded that he stay put until her request was heard and potential questions answered. That didn't stop his feet from feeling like they were on fire, curiosity burning a hole through his mind.
The knocking and thr sudden shaking were enough to coax the devil from his bath snapping himself dressed in his equivalent of casual attire flexing his legs on the way to the door as his pants were tighter than those of a traditional gentleman. Form fitting brocade vest accentuating his slim waist and broad shoulders, pride was a sin but that didn't mean he shouldn't flaunt what he had. "Just a tick!" He called out combing his still damp raven hair up and out of his eyes as he grasped the knob. "Pardon the wait. You needed something miss Anja?" He asked bracing a hand on the doorway as the shaking grew ever steadier. He wanted to know where they would land next rather desperately, perhaps someplace he could get outside in for a bit. Still manners commanded that he stay put until her request was heard and potential questions answered. That didn't stop his feet from feeling like they were on fire, curiosity burning a hole through his mind.
foto_1.png
Anja regarded the demon man Jack with a raised eyebrow. It was obvious that neither of them was particularly invested in this conversation, but Anja would not skimp on her work over this. This was not the first patron the small woman had butted heads with initially, and wouldn’t be the last. Still, Anja could not help but wonder whether or not it was her thirst that was turning her mood a little sour.

“It’s customary to have a dinner service at 8 PM here at the inn. Feel free to order anything. Erm…” From head to toes, Jack was a little more overdressed than she’d expected for casual wear. “There isn’t a dress code or anything.”

Anja pulled a small menu from her apron’s front pocket. It was a booklet neatly bound with golden thread, two small pieces of engraved wood holding the pages, where the insignia of the inn though faded, was visible on either side. Inside was an impressive showcase of dishes available. Anja was given this menu as a gift on one of her excursions to a strange yet very boujee restaurant in a different timeline. The owner, one of Anja’s mentors, was an odd guy. Every page of this enchanted menu had a circled section where you could touch down with a thumb, and a sample of the dish displayed could linger on the tongue for a few seconds. Like scratch-and-sniff, only magic and infinitely better.

“While I’m here…” Anja said softly, handing the booklet to Jack, ignoring the shaking around her masterfully as if it were a daily occurrence, the vampire’s mouth pulled a little skew in thought. She furrowed her brow into a frown, not making any eye contact with Jack as she spoke.
“I would appreciate it if, for your duration here, you kept the details of my… unfortunate condition… to yourself. That it something between myself and miss Vivian, and is no one else’s business.”
Anja regarded the demon man Jack with a raised eyebrow. It was obvious that neither of them was particularly invested in this conversation, but Anja would not skimp on her work over this. This was not the first patron the small woman had butted heads with initially, and wouldn’t be the last. Still, Anja could not help but wonder whether or not it was her thirst that was turning her mood a little sour.

“It’s customary to have a dinner service at 8 PM here at the inn. Feel free to order anything. Erm…” From head to toes, Jack was a little more overdressed than she’d expected for casual wear. “There isn’t a dress code or anything.”

Anja pulled a small menu from her apron’s front pocket. It was a booklet neatly bound with golden thread, two small pieces of engraved wood holding the pages, where the insignia of the inn though faded, was visible on either side. Inside was an impressive showcase of dishes available. Anja was given this menu as a gift on one of her excursions to a strange yet very boujee restaurant in a different timeline. The owner, one of Anja’s mentors, was an odd guy. Every page of this enchanted menu had a circled section where you could touch down with a thumb, and a sample of the dish displayed could linger on the tongue for a few seconds. Like scratch-and-sniff, only magic and infinitely better.

“While I’m here…” Anja said softly, handing the booklet to Jack, ignoring the shaking around her masterfully as if it were a daily occurrence, the vampire’s mouth pulled a little skew in thought. She furrowed her brow into a frown, not making any eye contact with Jack as she spoke.
“I would appreciate it if, for your duration here, you kept the details of my… unfortunate condition… to yourself. That it something between myself and miss Vivian, and is no one else’s business.”

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
((I've just closed the form for now as there plenty of characters currently. There will be at least 3 more joining that I have already ok'd through PM.))
((I've just closed the form for now as there plenty of characters currently. There will be at least 3 more joining that I have already ok'd through PM.))
Survival of all or none. One raindrop raises the sea.
Weapons are enemies, even to their owners.
Give more, take less. Others first, self last. Observe, listen, and learn.
Do one thing at a time. Sing every day. Exercise imagination. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
His interest was peaked as Vivian mentioned magical items and offered them as part of the trade. Although, he did have some healing potions already, Cylus couldn't help but laugh as she mentioned enchanting his clothes to make them always stay dry. "Now that, I think I might have to take on another trade. Gods know that would have been nice while in the swamps. If you've never been to a swamp, don't go. They are terrible."

Eyes locked intently on the items she brought up from the chest, he found himself leaning forward a bit. Magic items just almost had a pull on you, after all just look at how many she had! He hadn't seen this many outside of some of the fancy magic shops in the city. "Damn..." He couldn't help but murmur. Listening with keen interest, Cylus seemed almost spellbound as she spoke of the magic items she had. It was incredible...had she made these herself? The cape was certainly interesting. Always useful for certain dragons, or if he wanted to take a swim in lava like he'd always dreamed. Okay, that last one not so much but it was still quite interesting. The boots, bell, and dagger were also interesting but not more than the cape.

Then she brought out the final item, it bathed the room in a pale, beautiful light and his eyes widened with surprise. A look that very quickly became one of awe instead. "Wow..." He murmured once more. "That's some beautiful magic. I didn't even know magic could do something like this." The man cast Vivian a little grin.

Well, she'd certainly given him a lot to think about. But he quickly returned his attention to the items he had brought to the table as she asked him what the liquid in the vial was. "Oh, that would be Cyprus Nectar, might be called something else somewhere. But I do know that it's something often used in love potions." Cylus shot her a grin with a wink, holding that for a moment before giving a hearty laugh. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Don't actually try and drink it, though. Like seriously, I'm fairly certain it's actually some kind of powerful poison."

"Well, I like the cape and the moonstone, not sure if multiple are on the table or?" His question barely left his lips before the door to the inn opened once more. Cylus half expected there to be a guard coming back with reinforcements but no, it was a broad shouldered woman who didn't seem to be in guard uniform. Most notably she was completely soaked. Giving a light chuckle, the man turned to her. "Okay, I've gotta ask, did you go adventuring into a swamp too? Because you kind of look like you've been adventuring into a swamp too."
His interest was peaked as Vivian mentioned magical items and offered them as part of the trade. Although, he did have some healing potions already, Cylus couldn't help but laugh as she mentioned enchanting his clothes to make them always stay dry. "Now that, I think I might have to take on another trade. Gods know that would have been nice while in the swamps. If you've never been to a swamp, don't go. They are terrible."

Eyes locked intently on the items she brought up from the chest, he found himself leaning forward a bit. Magic items just almost had a pull on you, after all just look at how many she had! He hadn't seen this many outside of some of the fancy magic shops in the city. "Damn..." He couldn't help but murmur. Listening with keen interest, Cylus seemed almost spellbound as she spoke of the magic items she had. It was incredible...had she made these herself? The cape was certainly interesting. Always useful for certain dragons, or if he wanted to take a swim in lava like he'd always dreamed. Okay, that last one not so much but it was still quite interesting. The boots, bell, and dagger were also interesting but not more than the cape.

Then she brought out the final item, it bathed the room in a pale, beautiful light and his eyes widened with surprise. A look that very quickly became one of awe instead. "Wow..." He murmured once more. "That's some beautiful magic. I didn't even know magic could do something like this." The man cast Vivian a little grin.

Well, she'd certainly given him a lot to think about. But he quickly returned his attention to the items he had brought to the table as she asked him what the liquid in the vial was. "Oh, that would be Cyprus Nectar, might be called something else somewhere. But I do know that it's something often used in love potions." Cylus shot her a grin with a wink, holding that for a moment before giving a hearty laugh. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Don't actually try and drink it, though. Like seriously, I'm fairly certain it's actually some kind of powerful poison."

"Well, I like the cape and the moonstone, not sure if multiple are on the table or?" His question barely left his lips before the door to the inn opened once more. Cylus half expected there to be a guard coming back with reinforcements but no, it was a broad shouldered woman who didn't seem to be in guard uniform. Most notably she was completely soaked. Giving a light chuckle, the man turned to her. "Okay, I've gotta ask, did you go adventuring into a swamp too? Because you kind of look like you've been adventuring into a swamp too."
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
She huffed, looking fed up. "Fell in a river," she muttered, embarrassed. Brushing a lock of dark red hair behind her ear, she leaned on the counter. "Can I just get a room already?" She was dressed quite casually, and her clothes were also soaking wet. Tugging off a pair of fingerless gloves she was wearing, she growled something under her breath. Her leather boots squelched as she fidgeted with their black clasps. "And also, if I'd been in a swamp, I'd be muddy, not just wet," she snapped, although there was a brown stain on her back.
She huffed, looking fed up. "Fell in a river," she muttered, embarrassed. Brushing a lock of dark red hair behind her ear, she leaned on the counter. "Can I just get a room already?" She was dressed quite casually, and her clothes were also soaking wet. Tugging off a pair of fingerless gloves she was wearing, she growled something under her breath. Her leather boots squelched as she fidgeted with their black clasps. "And also, if I'd been in a swamp, I'd be muddy, not just wet," she snapped, although there was a brown stain on her back.
Untitled241.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9