Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Traveling Inn - Closed for now
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Vivian sighed, rubbing her eyes before looking at all those there and smiling.
"Would anyone else like something to eat? Maybe a drink?" She turned to where the short girl was hiding, "Yes Anja! We do. Please bring out some of your sweets for everyone. I could use one too..."

She looked back to Jack and shrugged with a small smirk, "I didn't really get a chance to introduce you before all the fun started. As for...Kaito?" She said his name slowly not sure if she had picked it out of his quick introduction right but glanced at the small Fea with a smile nonetheless, "He asked for help and he'll get it. You're welcome to stay as long as you like."

Returning to her spot behind the bar she pulled out the Inn's book and put it on the table.

"This is The Traveling Inn. A building that magically travels to new locations. I don't know where we will go next or when, and there is no telling how long we will stay there when we get there. Although I don't have much to compare it too, I feel confident in saying that staying at the Inn is one of the greatest adventures you could ever have. That is, if you are willing to possibly never return home."
She flipped the book open.
"If you'd like to stay, I only need a name for the room."
Vivian sighed, rubbing her eyes before looking at all those there and smiling.
"Would anyone else like something to eat? Maybe a drink?" She turned to where the short girl was hiding, "Yes Anja! We do. Please bring out some of your sweets for everyone. I could use one too..."

She looked back to Jack and shrugged with a small smirk, "I didn't really get a chance to introduce you before all the fun started. As for...Kaito?" She said his name slowly not sure if she had picked it out of his quick introduction right but glanced at the small Fea with a smile nonetheless, "He asked for help and he'll get it. You're welcome to stay as long as you like."

Returning to her spot behind the bar she pulled out the Inn's book and put it on the table.

"This is The Traveling Inn. A building that magically travels to new locations. I don't know where we will go next or when, and there is no telling how long we will stay there when we get there. Although I don't have much to compare it too, I feel confident in saying that staying at the Inn is one of the greatest adventures you could ever have. That is, if you are willing to possibly never return home."
She flipped the book open.
"If you'd like to stay, I only need a name for the room."
Survival of all or none. One raindrop raises the sea.
Weapons are enemies, even to their owners.
Give more, take less. Others first, self last. Observe, listen, and learn.
Do one thing at a time. Sing every day. Exercise imagination. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
A young man, appearing to be between 18 and 20 years old, entered the inn and looked around, deep brown eyes darting around and taking everything in as quickly as possible. He had black-brown short hair and was wearing relatively tight dark blue jeans, as well as a black sweatshirt and a shirt that was so dark green it could barely be called a different color. He would have looked human, if not for the pair of jet black fox ears and three matching tails hanging loosely behind him. He walked up to Vivian and stood a few feet behind the other, waiting until he could sign in for a few nights.
A young man, appearing to be between 18 and 20 years old, entered the inn and looked around, deep brown eyes darting around and taking everything in as quickly as possible. He had black-brown short hair and was wearing relatively tight dark blue jeans, as well as a black sweatshirt and a shirt that was so dark green it could barely be called a different color. He would have looked human, if not for the pair of jet black fox ears and three matching tails hanging loosely behind him. He walked up to Vivian and stood a few feet behind the other, waiting until he could sign in for a few nights.
+3 FR time, frequent user of highly questionable logic.
Jack leaned on his arms against the end of the bar with a fond smile cast at the witch. His tail curled back around his hips and vanished from sight as if it melted into him. "I do suppose you've a point there Luv, not even a full day here and already the adventures have been more than I've see in a decade." He sighed wistfully "I haven't had this much fun since the great celestial war, and the soul crusades." He hummed "I'd nearly forgotten how it felt to live rather than simply exist.

He turned his head to the small fae and grinned, "some one had to tell the superstitious fool off. Besides my big cousin is a fae too but he doesn't like being called that, prefers aes sídhe, it wouldn't be right letting you deal with them on your own."
He chuckled a bit at the compliment. "Thank you lad, I am rather proud of my fiend fire. Been stoking it for at least a century now. Haven't got to put on a show like that is too long though, feels good to be back."
Jack leaned on his arms against the end of the bar with a fond smile cast at the witch. His tail curled back around his hips and vanished from sight as if it melted into him. "I do suppose you've a point there Luv, not even a full day here and already the adventures have been more than I've see in a decade." He sighed wistfully "I haven't had this much fun since the great celestial war, and the soul crusades." He hummed "I'd nearly forgotten how it felt to live rather than simply exist.

He turned his head to the small fae and grinned, "some one had to tell the superstitious fool off. Besides my big cousin is a fae too but he doesn't like being called that, prefers aes sídhe, it wouldn't be right letting you deal with them on your own."
He chuckled a bit at the compliment. "Thank you lad, I am rather proud of my fiend fire. Been stoking it for at least a century now. Haven't got to put on a show like that is too long though, feels good to be back."
foto_1.png
Well, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun, oh, I'll shoot her with my ray gun. Yes, I'll shoot her with my ray gun when she comes. When she comes!
((Just to clarify, Kaito has two forms - the one of the small creature, and one where he appears to be a human with moth antennae and wings, although I suppose both forms could be described as small in a way! He's currently in his humanoid form.))

Adventure? Soul crusades? Kaito was curious but he saved his questions for later. He smiled back to Jack when the demon mentioned having a cousin of the fae folk. "I'd prefer aes sídhe too, if anybody in this backwater world cared enough to listen to my preferences. But nooo, apparently I'm not "holy" enough for that."

Kaito sighs a bit, silently lamenting the shell that his home had been reduced to by power hungry nobles and knights who assumed they knew best. Although in his specific case he gave the growing holy order a reason to chase him aside from his origin; he did rob their church after all. He also maybe vandalized it a little, but only ever with washable illusions!

At the mention of fiend fire, Kaito blinks a little in surprize. "So, it really was fiend fire." He remarks in awe. "I've heard stories of course, the old tales are full of description on the grand works of magic that could be accomplished. All that's left of the arcane beings now are my people and the elves, and our magic hasn't managed to survive with what's left of us. I can only cast an illusion or two, myself."

He frowns a bit, then becomes speculative before speaking again. "But now that I'm here with the chance to travel, maybe I'll be able to change that!" After finishing his brief monologue, Kaito turns to Vivian and asks, "How much would it be to stay here long term?" His expression reflects something close to hope or excitement for the first time in at least a decade.
((Just to clarify, Kaito has two forms - the one of the small creature, and one where he appears to be a human with moth antennae and wings, although I suppose both forms could be described as small in a way! He's currently in his humanoid form.))

Adventure? Soul crusades? Kaito was curious but he saved his questions for later. He smiled back to Jack when the demon mentioned having a cousin of the fae folk. "I'd prefer aes sídhe too, if anybody in this backwater world cared enough to listen to my preferences. But nooo, apparently I'm not "holy" enough for that."

Kaito sighs a bit, silently lamenting the shell that his home had been reduced to by power hungry nobles and knights who assumed they knew best. Although in his specific case he gave the growing holy order a reason to chase him aside from his origin; he did rob their church after all. He also maybe vandalized it a little, but only ever with washable illusions!

At the mention of fiend fire, Kaito blinks a little in surprize. "So, it really was fiend fire." He remarks in awe. "I've heard stories of course, the old tales are full of description on the grand works of magic that could be accomplished. All that's left of the arcane beings now are my people and the elves, and our magic hasn't managed to survive with what's left of us. I can only cast an illusion or two, myself."

He frowns a bit, then becomes speculative before speaking again. "But now that I'm here with the chance to travel, maybe I'll be able to change that!" After finishing his brief monologue, Kaito turns to Vivian and asks, "How much would it be to stay here long term?" His expression reflects something close to hope or excitement for the first time in at least a decade.
"Alas, love cannot be cured by herbs!"
———
Bas||they/them/fae/faer||18+||FR+2
———
Quite possibly just a moth with internet access.
autumn_sphinx.png lamp.gif
The young man wrapped his tails around his waist as he scanned the room, then fixed his eyes back on Vivian and continued waiting silently for her to be free for a moment. No one here was a real threat to him, not that he could see, with the ace- or, well, six to be exact- up his sleeve. Ah, well. Information for another time. He fanned out the three tails, twining them around each other before curling them back around him.
The young man wrapped his tails around his waist as he scanned the room, then fixed his eyes back on Vivian and continued waiting silently for her to be free for a moment. No one here was a real threat to him, not that he could see, with the ace- or, well, six to be exact- up his sleeve. Ah, well. Information for another time. He fanned out the three tails, twining them around each other before curling them back around him.
(I'm interested in joining this RP but I'm gonna probably wait for a calmer timing-maybe when the inn moves again so there's not a bombardment of new people hehe)
(I'm interested in joining this RP but I'm gonna probably wait for a calmer timing-maybe when the inn moves again so there's not a bombardment of new people hehe)
Anja disappeared as soon as she’d arrived to the scene, and made her way back to her kitchen to load up a trolley with trays of goodies for Miss Vivian’s new patrons. She only caught a small glimpse of each of them. She couldn’t quite make out what they all were. It was far too much, too fast.

Amidst her thoughts, she loaded her cart with a cannister of freshly made coffee, some cute decorative cups and off course, all of the trimmings to make a custom cup of java to exactly your own preference. Some of these trimmings, like the cocoa syrup, was a real pain to come by, so they had better appreciate all the trouble. Some pasties next. Anja just had a whole variety come out of the oven, and they were still hot. She sorted them by meat, jam and custard, with some small plates and appropriate cutlery. She could be a little finicky about these things. It was a habit that developed over lots of time with not much else to do.

Upon her return, Anya froze in the doorway, observing all the newcomers once again, with a head tilted to the side. Better to take in their smell, somehow.

Anja observed a devil of sorts. His blood smelled of burning and soot. It wasn’t her favourite smell by a long shot.
A human. That scent was her favourite. There was nothing quite like them under the sun in any universe or timeline she’d visited alongside miss Vivian. They smelled like a steamy hot drink on a cold and snowy night.
Ooh, a bona fide fae in the flesh! With blood like thick honey but oh, so toxic to drink. Their scent did go very well with a tall glass of iced tea, if Anja had to guess.
Finally, a fox of sorts. Anja couldn’t really make it out, as she just hadn’t seen anything like it, at the very least in a while. Their blood smelled like when you entered an old and unused library and opened a very thick and dusty book.

“Hello again.” The sound of her voice only barely peeped out from the crowd, but the medley of flavor that followed the girl around couldn’t be missed. “You all look famished. Please, help yourselves. Miss Vivian, I can see you’re working hard, so I brought you some of your favourites.”

After her short introduction, the small girl gave a bow to everyone in her line of sight before she continued.

“We also do room service. Make sure to call any time you need something, day or night, and I’ll be of your service!”
Anja disappeared as soon as she’d arrived to the scene, and made her way back to her kitchen to load up a trolley with trays of goodies for Miss Vivian’s new patrons. She only caught a small glimpse of each of them. She couldn’t quite make out what they all were. It was far too much, too fast.

Amidst her thoughts, she loaded her cart with a cannister of freshly made coffee, some cute decorative cups and off course, all of the trimmings to make a custom cup of java to exactly your own preference. Some of these trimmings, like the cocoa syrup, was a real pain to come by, so they had better appreciate all the trouble. Some pasties next. Anja just had a whole variety come out of the oven, and they were still hot. She sorted them by meat, jam and custard, with some small plates and appropriate cutlery. She could be a little finicky about these things. It was a habit that developed over lots of time with not much else to do.

Upon her return, Anya froze in the doorway, observing all the newcomers once again, with a head tilted to the side. Better to take in their smell, somehow.

Anja observed a devil of sorts. His blood smelled of burning and soot. It wasn’t her favourite smell by a long shot.
A human. That scent was her favourite. There was nothing quite like them under the sun in any universe or timeline she’d visited alongside miss Vivian. They smelled like a steamy hot drink on a cold and snowy night.
Ooh, a bona fide fae in the flesh! With blood like thick honey but oh, so toxic to drink. Their scent did go very well with a tall glass of iced tea, if Anja had to guess.
Finally, a fox of sorts. Anja couldn’t really make it out, as she just hadn’t seen anything like it, at the very least in a while. Their blood smelled like when you entered an old and unused library and opened a very thick and dusty book.

“Hello again.” The sound of her voice only barely peeped out from the crowd, but the medley of flavor that followed the girl around couldn’t be missed. “You all look famished. Please, help yourselves. Miss Vivian, I can see you’re working hard, so I brought you some of your favourites.”

After her short introduction, the small girl gave a bow to everyone in her line of sight before she continued.

“We also do room service. Make sure to call any time you need something, day or night, and I’ll be of your service!”

ACOZFAh.png
WkCEhwX.png
bYt72YT.png
pyAp3dI.png
0XWha1N.png
His interest certainly was peaked by the mention of the greatest adventure he could ever have. A traveling inn which would travel to a new location and he might never see home again? Well, he'd never really had a place he would call home to begin with. After setting off on his adventures, home just was sort of wherever he laid his head down for that particular day. Looking over his shoulder to the world outside, it wasn't like he was overly attached to it. Not when he would experience so many more new things, seeing new places, meeting new people, having adventures beyond anything he could have imagined previously. There was only one real option for him.

"Oh, you had me at 'greatest adventures'." He laughed heartily. "How could I turn down such an opportunity? Especially when it seems like this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing." Striding over to the innkeeper, he grinned. "I'll be staying. Put me down as Cylus Everspring. What do I owe you for the room?"

His attention was brought towards the incredibly pale woman as the scents of pastries and coffee swelled to a level that made his stomach growl. The cart Anja, which the innkeeper called the pale woman, pushed out was laid out with various canisters of coffee and tasty-looking pastries which seemed to range from sweet to savory. Looking a bit sheepishly over at the innkeeper, the man spoke once more. "Uh, sorry but do you mind excusing me for a moment? Haven't had a decent meal in a few days. Dry rations aren't known for being too good, after all."

After excusing himself, he went right over to the cart. "Well, aren't you a lifesaver!" He beamed, taking one of the meat-filled pastries off the cart and taking a big bite out of it hungrily. It tasted just like it smelled, delicious. "That has to be the best thing I've tasted in a long time, you have my compliments." Well, if the promise of adventure wasn't enough to make him stick around, the promise of food this good was going to definitely convince him.
His interest certainly was peaked by the mention of the greatest adventure he could ever have. A traveling inn which would travel to a new location and he might never see home again? Well, he'd never really had a place he would call home to begin with. After setting off on his adventures, home just was sort of wherever he laid his head down for that particular day. Looking over his shoulder to the world outside, it wasn't like he was overly attached to it. Not when he would experience so many more new things, seeing new places, meeting new people, having adventures beyond anything he could have imagined previously. There was only one real option for him.

"Oh, you had me at 'greatest adventures'." He laughed heartily. "How could I turn down such an opportunity? Especially when it seems like this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing." Striding over to the innkeeper, he grinned. "I'll be staying. Put me down as Cylus Everspring. What do I owe you for the room?"

His attention was brought towards the incredibly pale woman as the scents of pastries and coffee swelled to a level that made his stomach growl. The cart Anja, which the innkeeper called the pale woman, pushed out was laid out with various canisters of coffee and tasty-looking pastries which seemed to range from sweet to savory. Looking a bit sheepishly over at the innkeeper, the man spoke once more. "Uh, sorry but do you mind excusing me for a moment? Haven't had a decent meal in a few days. Dry rations aren't known for being too good, after all."

After excusing himself, he went right over to the cart. "Well, aren't you a lifesaver!" He beamed, taking one of the meat-filled pastries off the cart and taking a big bite out of it hungrily. It tasted just like it smelled, delicious. "That has to be the best thing I've tasted in a long time, you have my compliments." Well, if the promise of adventure wasn't enough to make him stick around, the promise of food this good was going to definitely convince him.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
((Ops sorry bout that DancingSkye! No worries Alyse, join in whenever!))

She smiled happily at Jack, nodded to Cylus, and gave a small 'Ah' when Anja mentioned her favorites were included. She gladly took a raspberry pastry and a small cup of coffee with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon.
Vivian flipped the log book open scrawling Cylus's name down and placing the key on the edge of the counter for him. She repeated the process for Kaito.

"Your rooms are upstairs, they have the same image on the door that's on the key," She nodded to the silver key and the open book image on the end for Cylus and the bronze key with feather on the end for Kaito.

"I take trades for rooms. Weather its items, or help around the Inn, even just company - for dinner that is." With a small flush creeping up her neck from her choice of words, Vivian turned to the young man waiting behind the others. She quickly rattled out her 'Welcome to the Inn' speech.
"Can I get you a room as well? Just need your name."
((Ops sorry bout that DancingSkye! No worries Alyse, join in whenever!))

She smiled happily at Jack, nodded to Cylus, and gave a small 'Ah' when Anja mentioned her favorites were included. She gladly took a raspberry pastry and a small cup of coffee with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon.
Vivian flipped the log book open scrawling Cylus's name down and placing the key on the edge of the counter for him. She repeated the process for Kaito.

"Your rooms are upstairs, they have the same image on the door that's on the key," She nodded to the silver key and the open book image on the end for Cylus and the bronze key with feather on the end for Kaito.

"I take trades for rooms. Weather its items, or help around the Inn, even just company - for dinner that is." With a small flush creeping up her neck from her choice of words, Vivian turned to the young man waiting behind the others. She quickly rattled out her 'Welcome to the Inn' speech.
"Can I get you a room as well? Just need your name."
Survival of all or none. One raindrop raises the sea.
Weapons are enemies, even to their owners.
Give more, take less. Others first, self last. Observe, listen, and learn.
Do one thing at a time. Sing every day. Exercise imagination. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Don't p...
- Code of Dinotopia
The young man's tailed untangled themselves and fanned out behind him again. "Sai," he said quietly with a small, respectful bow. "My name is Sai. I would like to stay here for a time. This place intrigues me, as I have not seen anything quite like it before."
The young man's tailed untangled themselves and fanned out behind him again. "Sai," he said quietly with a small, respectful bow. "My name is Sai. I would like to stay here for a time. This place intrigues me, as I have not seen anything quite like it before."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9