Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [TRPG E0] The Convergence
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 43
[columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/473969/47396863p.png[/img][color=transparent]_[nextcol]Psilocybe's heart was pounding and his stomach was twisting in knots, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't feel just a [i]little[/i] bit like he was about to die. He was doing the best he could to talk himself through the tangled snarl of emotions twisting around in his head, but his head was feeling a little fuzzy right now... why...? Oh yeah, he'd been hit by a bunch of rocks earlier. It felt like it'd been weeks since then, but, uh, no, he probably should get medical attention for that. Maybe whenever his brain settled down and he could string a few coherent thoughts together. Which was sure to happen soon. He just had to follow the lizard man and ride this thing out. That's all.[/columns]
47396863p.png_ Psilocybe's heart was pounding and his stomach was twisting in knots, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't feel just a little bit like he was about to die. He was doing the best he could to talk himself through the tangled snarl of emotions twisting around in his head, but his head was feeling a little fuzzy right now... why...?

Oh yeah, he'd been hit by a bunch of rocks earlier. It felt like it'd been weeks since then, but, uh, no, he probably should get medical attention for that. Maybe whenever his brain settled down and he could string a few coherent thoughts together. Which was sure to happen soon. He just had to follow the lizard man and ride this thing out. That's all.
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
[b]Behrad[emoji=plague rune size=1][/b] As they walked through the city, Behrad forced down his awe at how [i]big[/i] everything was. He'd not been allowed in many cities due to his... untrustworthy nature so this was a fairly new experience to him. As they walked, he gave a few smiles and nods to some of the more good-looking residents as they passed, but was careful to stay close to the group. Noticing Psilocybe's clear nervousness, Behrad approaches his companion and nudges his arm with an elbow. [b]Why so glum chum? We're in the big city, lots of things to see, people to uh... talk to. [/b] he offered gesturing around, ignoring the small, rather adorable lizard that rambled in front of him.
Behrad
As they walked through the city, Behrad forced down his awe at how big everything was. He'd not been allowed in many cities due to his... untrustworthy nature so this was a fairly new experience to him. As they walked, he gave a few smiles and nods to some of the more good-looking residents as they passed, but was careful to stay close to the group.

Noticing Psilocybe's clear nervousness, Behrad approaches his companion and nudges his arm with an elbow. Why so glum chum? We're in the big city, lots of things to see, people to uh... talk to. he offered gesturing around, ignoring the small, rather adorable lizard that rambled in front of him.
MBjujvx.png
[center][img]https://i.gyazo.com/3d49f497f49cabe39a044261f15fbb1a.png[/img][columns][center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2379058/1#post_31760570][img]https://i.imgur.com/lwiMOE2.png[/img][/url] [/center] [nextcol] It seemed that since being forced into this group, Cerena's days have been full of event after event. As equally bemused as everyone else at somehow finally being led by a tiny lizard through Croswell, the Skydancer walked as though in a daze, nodding absentmindedly to whatever tourist-directed nonsense their little travel guide was spouting. [nextcol] [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2379058/1#post_31760570][img]https://i.imgur.com/b91fzPy.png[/img][/url] [/center][/columns][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NpfFrZv.png[/img][/center]
3d49f497f49cabe39a044261f15fbb1a.png
lwiMOE2.png
It seemed that since being forced into this group, Cerena's days have been full of event after event. As equally bemused as everyone else at somehow finally being led by a tiny lizard through Croswell, the Skydancer walked as though in a daze, nodding absentmindedly to whatever tourist-directed nonsense their little travel guide was spouting.
b91fzPy.png
NpfFrZv.png
goSc2L4.png
[center][font=courier new]07. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2816073/32#post_42869583][b]CARLYLE[/b] directs the group to a tavern and inn.[/url][/center] ----- [sub]Carlyle's words seem strangely rehearsed... yet simultaneously not rehearsed at all. He's speaking from the heart, it seems, maybe he genuinely does believe that Croswell is this amazing. Everything from the architecture, to the genius minds behind the college, and the activities one can partake in within the city-state's walls are rhapsodized about from the tiny lizard. It's very much like a tourist pitch, which is odd considering that Croswell normally does not allow for tourists to even step into their city. Maybe he's taking advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity. The dractare are led through the streets of Croswell, going straight towards Fendael. Many of the citizens give the passerby dirty looks, as if knowing that they're not from within their precious gated community. The structures, as if imitating those that reside within them, glare down at the group, making them feel small. The lizard finally comes to a stop when he arrives at a fairly lavish seeming inn. The building in and of itself is pristine, white stone almost glimmering in the light of day. Windows peer out between trellises laced with golden ivy that climb up the building like inquiring serpents, giving the entire place an ethereal feeling. "[color=6FA07B][i]Welcome,[/i][/color]" the tiny demihuman squeaks, "[color=6FA07B][i]to the Vene Inn! Quite a stunning place isn't it?[/i][/color]" He adjusts his tie as he waddles inside, right underneath the saloon-style doors. He doesn't even need to push to open them. What a tiny man. The soldiers follow suit, directing the group inside. The interior is even more extravagant, especially for an inn. Wall to ceiling is covered in pelts from rare and strange beasts, some of them (for all the group knows) are even from species that had gone instinct before the events of the Infernal Rapture. Golden candelabra and sconces sit on walls and tables, lacking torches and candles yet still flickering with a warm orange glow that gives the entire space a lived-in feeling. Tables with ornate legs and chairs with gold detailing are strewn about the floor, and the ceiling is covered in general bric-a-brac that, upon closer inspection, appears to be various types of gold fineries suspended from thin, silver webbing. "[color=6FA07B][i]Quite a beautiful place, isn't it?[/i][/color]" Carlyle puffs out his chest proudly as if he's the sole proprietor. The guards that had accompanied the crew help Autiot and Vida into chairs, while one sets the unconscious Matcha carefully onto a bearskin rug. As nice as this place is it's... strangely empty. Anyone who's been in a tavern would know that it's usually bustling with all manner of miscreants, vagabonds, and adventurers. Yet, there's hardly a soul here. The only exceptions are the soldiers, Carlyle, the dractare, a gnome sitting in a corner with a mountain of scrolls piled up around him, and an individual in full plate armor seated at the bar... actually, Psilocybe feels like he's seen this person somewhere before, but thankfully they have yet to notice the newcomers. ----- [quote=ROLL FOR PERCEPTION] [center][font=courier new][b]DEIMOS[/b] rolled below 5.[/font][/center] [sub]This place seems completely trustworthy. Maybe you're too tired to really process anything strange right now.[/sub] ----- [center][font=courier new][b]HAL[/b] rolled above 15.[/font][/center] [sub]For some reason you feel like some of this gold wasn't justly obtained. You notice one of the guards (a demihuman with features resembling that of a rabbit) appears visibly nervous. ----- [center][font=courier new][b]BEHRAD[/b] rolled a natural 20.[/center] [sub]Growing up near a marshland, Behrad most definitely knows a spiderweb when he sees one. Glancing up at the ceiling, he looks right past the gold and treasures trapped inside, and notices that the silver strings are most definitely some really big spiderwebs, way too big to have come from a normal arachnid.

Carlyle's words seem strangely rehearsed... yet simultaneously not rehearsed at all. He's speaking from the heart, it seems, maybe he genuinely does believe that Croswell is this amazing. Everything from the architecture, to the genius minds behind the college, and the activities one can partake in within the city-state's walls are rhapsodized about from the tiny lizard. It's very much like a tourist pitch, which is odd considering that Croswell normally does not allow for tourists to even step into their city. Maybe he's taking advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

The dractare are led through the streets of Croswell, going straight towards Fendael. Many of the citizens give the passerby dirty looks, as if knowing that they're not from within their precious gated community. The structures, as if imitating those that reside within them, glare down at the group, making them feel small. The lizard finally comes to a stop when he arrives at a fairly lavish seeming inn. The building in and of itself is pristine, white stone almost glimmering in the light of day. Windows peer out between trellises laced with golden ivy that climb up the building like inquiring serpents, giving the entire place an ethereal feeling.

"Welcome," the tiny demihuman squeaks, "to the Vene Inn! Quite a stunning place isn't it?" He adjusts his tie as he waddles inside, right underneath the saloon-style doors. He doesn't even need to push to open them. What a tiny man. The soldiers follow suit, directing the group inside.

The interior is even more extravagant, especially for an inn. Wall to ceiling is covered in pelts from rare and strange beasts, some of them (for all the group knows) are even from species that had gone instinct before the events of the Infernal Rapture. Golden candelabra and sconces sit on walls and tables, lacking torches and candles yet still flickering with a warm orange glow that gives the entire space a lived-in feeling. Tables with ornate legs and chairs with gold detailing are strewn about the floor, and the ceiling is covered in general bric-a-brac that, upon closer inspection, appears to be various types of gold fineries suspended from thin, silver webbing.

"Quite a beautiful place, isn't it?" Carlyle puffs out his chest proudly as if he's the sole proprietor. The guards that had accompanied the crew help Autiot and Vida into chairs, while one sets the unconscious Matcha carefully onto a bearskin rug. As nice as this place is it's... strangely empty. Anyone who's been in a tavern would know that it's usually bustling with all manner of miscreants, vagabonds, and adventurers. Yet, there's hardly a soul here. The only exceptions are the soldiers, Carlyle, the dractare, a gnome sitting in a corner with a mountain of scrolls piled up around him, and an individual in full plate armor seated at the bar... actually, Psilocybe feels like he's seen this person somewhere before, but thankfully they have yet to notice the newcomers.

ROLL FOR PERCEPTION wrote:
DEIMOS rolled below 5.
This place seems completely trustworthy. Maybe you're too tired to really process anything strange right now.
HAL rolled above 15.
For some reason you feel like some of this gold wasn't justly obtained. You notice one of the guards (a demihuman with features resembling that of a rabbit) appears visibly nervous.

BEHRAD rolled a natural 20.
Growing up near a marshland, Behrad most definitely knows a spiderweb when he sees one. Glancing up at the ceiling, he looks right past the gold and treasures trapped inside, and notices that the silver strings are most definitely some really big spiderwebs, way too big to have come from a normal arachnid.
[center]------------------ [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/jvDAo3N.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]...[/color][nextcol] "Oh wow," Impressive was certainly the word for this place. Deimos had never seen anything like it! [/columns] ------------------[/center]

jvDAo3N.png ... "Oh wow," Impressive was certainly the word for this place. Deimos had never seen anything like it!

9ShTRPz.png
> The Hive
> For Sale
> Brewing, Nest Rental & Lore Shop
[b]Behrad [emoji=plague rune size=1][/b] Behrad gazed around the room, eyes wide. There was so much to see. So much that was [i]shiny[/i]. The spider webs were of concern, yes, but it was best not to worry everyone with something as trivial as that at the moment. They didn't need the... stress. So he instead took the liberty of walking around and observing the surroundings, if he spotted anything worthwhile then he might grab it and see what happens. If a giant spider came down to eat him, that would alert the others to it's presence. If it [i]didn't[/i] then his companions would never know the difference and Behrad would have a new sparkly object to possibly resell for good money. Behrad set his eyes on a golden spoon. It was moderately sized, but just small enough that he could likely take it without too much notice. Unless whatever web-slinging beast that had placed it there noticed, but that was another issue entirely. The spoon was of sparkling gold and had a single red gem embedded on the handle. Behrad guessed it was a ruby, but it could've been a fake. He glanced around quickly, making sure nobody was paying too much attention, before reaching his right hand, and quietly grabbing the spoon.
Behrad

Behrad gazed around the room, eyes wide. There was so much to see. So much that was shiny. The spider webs were of concern, yes, but it was best not to worry everyone with something as trivial as that at the moment. They didn't need the... stress. So he instead took the liberty of walking around and observing the surroundings, if he spotted anything worthwhile then he might grab it and see what happens. If a giant spider came down to eat him, that would alert the others to it's presence. If it didn't then his companions would never know the difference and Behrad would have a new sparkly object to possibly resell for good money.

Behrad set his eyes on a golden spoon. It was moderately sized, but just small enough that he could likely take it without too much notice. Unless whatever web-slinging beast that had placed it there noticed, but that was another issue entirely. The spoon was of sparkling gold and had a single red gem embedded on the handle. Behrad guessed it was a ruby, but it could've been a fake. He glanced around quickly, making sure nobody was paying too much attention, before reaching his right hand, and quietly grabbing the spoon.
MBjujvx.png

The guards are too preoccupied being nervous, while Carlyle is once again going off an a rant that nobody is listening to. It's easier than one would expect for Behrad to slink away and grab one of the beautiful trinkets hanging off the webs decorating the ceiling... well, at least it seems that way.

At first, it's a slight tremor that goes through the strands, which turns into an almost violent shaking that makes the metal trinkets ensnared by the webbing smack together in an almost melodious twinkle. Still, rather than look towards him, several of the guards huddle together, polearms clutched to their chest, while one of them stumbles out of the inn entirely. Carlyle squeaks at the one leaving, but they pay him no mind. The air is abuzz with sound that slowly abates, soon being replaced by a rhythmic clicking of insectile legs.

From behind the tavern emerges a woman's torso. Though pale and blue-grey in color, her skin is smooth and flawless, absent of any blemish. Eight faceted eyes stare unblinkingly at Behrad, set into an ethereal face with delicate features, framed by a bob of silver-white hair. The mandibles at the sides of her lips move curiously, and then the rest of her emerges from behind the counter.

She stands at an intimidating 12 feet in height, having to stay low to the ground to even fit inside the establishment. Eight enormous legs emerge, protruding from a bulbous arachnid abdomen. They click and clack ominously as she makes her way over to the group, hands folded politely as she peers at the spoon in Behrad's hand. Behrad will soon realize that, having freed the trinket from its webbed prison, can no longer get it off thanks to the sticky residue that now practically binds the metal to his skin. "A little thief," she says, voice quiet and airy, syllables dragging out a bit too long as if she is unused to speaking in common tongue. "You have taken something that belongs to us."

In spite of her disturbing and sudden appearance, Carlyle seems unperturbed. "Oh! Balyrr, I assumed you would be resting at this hour, so I didn't want to disturb you! These are the guests! The Scions, if you remember me telling you about them quite a while ago." The demihuman woman turns to face the lizard, a small smile gracing her features. She leans down, gently shaking his hand in slow, lazy movements. "We would rest, but Gilda's father has fallen ill, so we are watching the tavern for her..." Then she lifts her head sluggishly to look at the other dractare, then back to Behrad. "Ah... guests... yes, we remember. Are they here to spend the night?" When she asks this question, it seems like it's directed moreso at the dractare themselves than at Carlyle. At this commotion, the dwarf and stranger are beginning to take more notice of the newcomers.

The guards are too preoccupied being nervous, while Carlyle is once again going off an a rant that nobody is listening to. It's easier than one would expect for Behrad to slink away and grab one of the beautiful trinkets hanging off the webs decorating the ceiling... well, at least it seems that way.

At first, it's a slight tremor that goes through the strands, which turns into an almost violent shaking that makes the metal trinkets ensnared by the webbing smack together in an almost melodious twinkle. Still, rather than look towards him, several of the guards huddle together, polearms clutched to their chest, while one of them stumbles out of the inn entirely. Carlyle squeaks at the one leaving, but they pay him no mind. The air is abuzz with sound that slowly abates, soon being replaced by a rhythmic clicking of insectile legs.

From behind the tavern emerges a woman's torso. Though pale and blue-grey in color, her skin is smooth and flawless, absent of any blemish. Eight faceted eyes stare unblinkingly at Behrad, set into an ethereal face with delicate features, framed by a bob of silver-white hair. The mandibles at the sides of her lips move curiously, and then the rest of her emerges from behind the counter.

She stands at an intimidating 12 feet in height, having to stay low to the ground to even fit inside the establishment. Eight enormous legs emerge, protruding from a bulbous arachnid abdomen. They click and clack ominously as she makes her way over to the group, hands folded politely as she peers at the spoon in Behrad's hand. Behrad will soon realize that, having freed the trinket from its webbed prison, can no longer get it off thanks to the sticky residue that now practically binds the metal to his skin. "A little thief," she says, voice quiet and airy, syllables dragging out a bit too long as if she is unused to speaking in common tongue. "You have taken something that belongs to us."

In spite of her disturbing and sudden appearance, Carlyle seems unperturbed. "Oh! Balyrr, I assumed you would be resting at this hour, so I didn't want to disturb you! These are the guests! The Scions, if you remember me telling you about them quite a while ago." The demihuman woman turns to face the lizard, a small smile gracing her features. She leans down, gently shaking his hand in slow, lazy movements. "We would rest, but Gilda's father has fallen ill, so we are watching the tavern for her..." Then she lifts her head sluggishly to look at the other dractare, then back to Behrad. "Ah... guests... yes, we remember. Are they here to spend the night?" When she asks this question, it seems like it's directed moreso at the dractare themselves than at Carlyle. At this commotion, the dwarf and stranger are beginning to take more notice of the newcomers.

[columns][font=times new roman]Spider... Person. Autiot knew he wasn't hallucinating, as it seemed the others around them were nervous as well, but it was still a bit difficult to grasp at the moment. He would very much prefer not to spend the night under this woman's care after Behrad had gone and stolen something from her already, but he put on his best closed-lips smile - which was more of a forced grimace - and stepped forward to speak to her anyways. [b]"Yes, from what-"[/b] He was blanking on the lizard's name, why was he blanking on the lizard's name? [b]"-Our guide told us, we'll be staying here,"[/b][/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
Spider... Person. Autiot knew he wasn't hallucinating, as it seemed the others around them were nervous as well, but it was still a bit difficult to grasp at the moment.

He would very much prefer not to spend the night under this woman's care after Behrad had gone and stolen something from her already, but he put on his best closed-lips smile - which was more of a forced grimace - and stepped forward to speak to her anyways.

"Yes, from what-" He was blanking on the lizard's name, why was he blanking on the lizard's name?
"-Our guide told us, we'll be staying here,"
38902766.png

Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The demihuman peers at Autiot, stepping away from Behrad, the stolen spoon forgotten. Those dark eyes stare at the dractare as her face nears ever closer, almost so much so that Autiot can feel the tiny hairs on her mandibles against his skin. She sniffs once and then pulls back slowly. "We know that smell. You are ill. Follow us." Her legs click against the floor as she goes past the dractare and to a set of stairs. It seems that the stairs themselves were modified so that she could fit through them. Without another word, she climbs up them, not even so much as saying farewell to Carlyle who seems a bit ruffled by her outlandish behavior. "Always had a hard time understanding that woman, she's kind... but rather strange. Anywho!"

The lizard then goes around to as many of the dractare as he can reach, reaching up and grasping their hands to shake them. "It was a quite the experience meeting you all! Please rest here, I shall be back in the morning with another escort so that you may speak to the council! I'm sure Balyrr will be able to take good care of you. Besides, Gilda should be back in the morning." With that, he gives a little wave and totters out the door with the cadre of soldiers in tow.

The demihuman peers at Autiot, stepping away from Behrad, the stolen spoon forgotten. Those dark eyes stare at the dractare as her face nears ever closer, almost so much so that Autiot can feel the tiny hairs on her mandibles against his skin. She sniffs once and then pulls back slowly. "We know that smell. You are ill. Follow us." Her legs click against the floor as she goes past the dractare and to a set of stairs. It seems that the stairs themselves were modified so that she could fit through them. Without another word, she climbs up them, not even so much as saying farewell to Carlyle who seems a bit ruffled by her outlandish behavior. "Always had a hard time understanding that woman, she's kind... but rather strange. Anywho!"

The lizard then goes around to as many of the dractare as he can reach, reaching up and grasping their hands to shake them. "It was a quite the experience meeting you all! Please rest here, I shall be back in the morning with another escort so that you may speak to the council! I'm sure Balyrr will be able to take good care of you. Besides, Gilda should be back in the morning." With that, he gives a little wave and totters out the door with the cadre of soldiers in tow.

[columns][font=times new roman]Autiot twitched, keeping a neutral face even as he felt the hairs on her mandibles on his skin and he felt like he wanted to throw his entire body in the trash and start over. He took the opportunity to sniff her too; it was only fair, and though he was unnerved by her appearance she at least greeted him in a way he could understand. She smelled... Fine; she didn't have any tinge of scent that would imply he needed to be worried about her nature. Not bothering to listen to Carlyle's parting words, he immediately trailed after Balyrr up the stairs.[/font][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38902766][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/389028/38902766.png[/img][/url][/columns] -----
Autiot twitched, keeping a neutral face even as he felt the hairs on her mandibles on his skin and he felt like he wanted to throw his entire body in the trash and start over.

He took the opportunity to sniff her too; it was only fair, and though he was unnerved by her appearance she at least greeted him in a way he could understand. She smelled... Fine; she didn't have any tinge of scent that would imply he needed to be worried about her nature.

Not bothering to listen to Carlyle's parting words, he immediately trailed after Balyrr up the stairs.
38902766.png

Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 43