Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In The Mist
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
@Caketime, you can join anytime!
@Caketime, you can join anytime!
(@Tintagel sweet, thanks c:) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57274634] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/572747/57274634_350.png[/img] [/url] Illiad trudged through the murky forest. Her weighty cleaver clinked gently at her waist with each aching step. She'd been walking for hours, with no sight of any familiar structures that would indicate a clan or other dragons nearby. In fact, the landscape almost seemed to repeat itself the longer she walked. Her loyal companion- a Tatterwing vulture whom she used as a set of aerial eyes, had not returned after she ordered it to get a view of the surrounding area. It struck worry and frustration in her heart to not be able to fly herself. The acid that constantly oozed from her scales ate away at whatever it touched. While the thicker plating of her dorsal side seemed tough enough to stay intact, the fragile thin pinions of her wings were not as durable. The white, thick mist had easily made vision at ground level no better than opening one's eyes underwater. The lantern her bird's kind wielded would be endlessly useful in a situation like this. She kicked a rock in vexation. According to memory from when she left this morning, she should still be in the Abiding Boneyard, but the soil was soft, and greenery plentiful. The coarse, calcified sand that caused her feet to callous over after so many years of living in the Scarred Wasteland was not present. The mist was also like nothing from her home region. It had no stinking, thick scent like the hazy fumes produced by hot pustule craters that peppered the Rotrock Rim. It was not hard to breathe here. It also lacked the sound one would expect from a forest. The silence made each low roar for her companion all the more striking. No chattering of pocketmice or deer, no gentle breezes rustling leaves, no running streams... the thought of water made the ridgeback realize how long she'd been walking. She shifted her tongue in her dry mouth and inhaled deeply. If sound couldn't help her, scent would have to compensate. She got a whiff of foliage, dry earth, perhaps some minerals of rocks, ghosts of small mammals not worth catching... and something else. Something far bigger.... another dragon?
(@Tintagel sweet, thanks c:)

57274634_350.png

Illiad trudged through the murky forest. Her weighty cleaver clinked gently at her waist with each aching step. She'd been walking for hours, with no sight of any familiar structures that would indicate a clan or other dragons nearby. In fact, the landscape almost seemed to repeat itself the longer she walked. Her loyal companion- a Tatterwing vulture whom she used as a set of aerial eyes, had not returned after she ordered it to get a view of the surrounding area.

It struck worry and frustration in her heart to not be able to fly herself. The acid that constantly oozed from her scales ate away at whatever it touched. While the thicker plating of her dorsal side seemed tough enough to stay intact, the fragile thin pinions of her wings were not as durable. The white, thick mist had easily made vision at ground level no better than opening one's eyes underwater. The lantern her bird's kind wielded would be endlessly useful in a situation like this. She kicked a rock in vexation. According to memory from when she left this morning, she should still be in the Abiding Boneyard, but the soil was soft, and greenery plentiful. The coarse, calcified sand that caused her feet to callous over after so many years of living in the Scarred Wasteland was not present. The mist was also like nothing from her home region. It had no stinking, thick scent like the hazy fumes produced by hot pustule craters that peppered the Rotrock Rim. It was not hard to breathe here. It also lacked the sound one would expect from a forest. The silence made each low roar for her companion all the more striking. No chattering of pocketmice or deer, no gentle breezes rustling leaves, no running streams... the thought of water made the ridgeback realize how long she'd been walking.

She shifted her tongue in her dry mouth and inhaled deeply. If sound couldn't help her, scent would have to compensate. She got a whiff of foliage, dry earth, perhaps some minerals of rocks, ghosts of small mammals not worth catching... and something else. Something far bigger.... another dragon?

CAeUbri.png
"Really, Ridge!" Hyacinth insisted. "Sometimes, I can see through my...pearl,
yes, my pearl, and notice other things nearby in space-time. My pearl does it...you know, because of...lepidopterophobia. Yep." She hoped that Ridge did not know that lepidopterophobia was the word for the fear of butterflies. She also hoped Ridge would not notice what a terrible liar she was.
"Really, Ridge!" Hyacinth insisted. "Sometimes, I can see through my...pearl,
yes, my pearl, and notice other things nearby in space-time. My pearl does it...you know, because of...lepidopterophobia. Yep." She hoped that Ridge did not know that lepidopterophobia was the word for the fear of butterflies. She also hoped Ridge would not notice what a terrible liar she was.
Ridge glared at Hyacinth. “Lay down, you’re delusional. My mother was a pearlcatcher and she never told me of such things. But, if it’ll calm you down, I’ll take a look around.” Ridge pushed Hyacinth so that she was laying on the floor in the same space she had put her.

“If there’s something nearby, I’d be able to sense it,” she thought. It wasn’t until Ridge turned to walk away that she felt the presence of another creature, or was it several.

“Okay,” she paused, “maybe you do know what you’re talking about.” Ridge adjusted her armor and sniffed the air. “Be ready to run,” Ridge warned. “After the blood scene we saw, it could be someone hostile.”
Ridge glared at Hyacinth. “Lay down, you’re delusional. My mother was a pearlcatcher and she never told me of such things. But, if it’ll calm you down, I’ll take a look around.” Ridge pushed Hyacinth so that she was laying on the floor in the same space she had put her.

“If there’s something nearby, I’d be able to sense it,” she thought. It wasn’t until Ridge turned to walk away that she felt the presence of another creature, or was it several.

“Okay,” she paused, “maybe you do know what you’re talking about.” Ridge adjusted her armor and sniffed the air. “Be ready to run,” Ridge warned. “After the blood scene we saw, it could be someone hostile.”
UZVTEBc.png
Hyacinth grabbed up her pearl and balanced it in her leaf pouch, tensing and
ready to bolt at any moment; her stomach turned at the thought of the blood and the single hand. She reached for Andromeda, only to find the cat gone. She checked Ridge's body for her, but found nothing. Behind her, in the direction Ridge had said was someone, the mist swirled. It cleared just enough for Hyacinth to see her cat's tail, standing straight up and confidently bobbing off until it and all hopes of seeing Andromeda disappeared.
Should I leave her? Should I go after her? What could be there? Is
Andromeda worth my life? No; she was. Of course she was. Without her...Hyacinth refused to even think it, in case her emotions were obvious. She had to recover the cat.
"Ridge. Andromeda left; she went that way. We need to get her." She said
firmly.
Hyacinth grabbed up her pearl and balanced it in her leaf pouch, tensing and
ready to bolt at any moment; her stomach turned at the thought of the blood and the single hand. She reached for Andromeda, only to find the cat gone. She checked Ridge's body for her, but found nothing. Behind her, in the direction Ridge had said was someone, the mist swirled. It cleared just enough for Hyacinth to see her cat's tail, standing straight up and confidently bobbing off until it and all hopes of seeing Andromeda disappeared.
Should I leave her? Should I go after her? What could be there? Is
Andromeda worth my life? No; she was. Of course she was. Without her...Hyacinth refused to even think it, in case her emotions were obvious. She had to recover the cat.
"Ridge. Andromeda left; she went that way. We need to get her." She said
firmly.
hey, is this open to join? ))
hey, is this open to join? ))
wpEE9mo.png
“What? Andromeda’s gone?” Ridge looked side to side, and then in the direction Hyacinth pointed. The mist swirled as if something small had just run through it. Ridge ached at the thought of running into the unknown, but she knew how much this cat meant to Hyacinth.

“Come on, lets follow her. She might be running to a safer place to hide.” Ridge concluded that Andromeda might have been able to smell the nearby creature, and was running to hide, yet, the way Hyacinth ran into Ridge when they first met made Ridge uneasy. What if this cat is leading us to another dragon? A dangerous one?
“What? Andromeda’s gone?” Ridge looked side to side, and then in the direction Hyacinth pointed. The mist swirled as if something small had just run through it. Ridge ached at the thought of running into the unknown, but she knew how much this cat meant to Hyacinth.

“Come on, lets follow her. She might be running to a safer place to hide.” Ridge concluded that Andromeda might have been able to smell the nearby creature, and was running to hide, yet, the way Hyacinth ran into Ridge when they first met made Ridge uneasy. What if this cat is leading us to another dragon? A dangerous one?
UZVTEBc.png
I heard a small meow and a cat appeared out of the mist. Frowning in confusion, I sniff it and scent a Skydancer and a Pearlcatcher. I bend down and pick it up in my mouth, carefully, and follow its scent back to the dragons.
I heard a small meow and a cat appeared out of the mist. Frowning in confusion, I sniff it and scent a Skydancer and a Pearlcatcher. I bend down and pick it up in my mouth, carefully, and follow its scent back to the dragons.
nZJa3n3.png
Hello?))
Hello?))
nZJa3n3.png
A large, dark figure stumbled through the mist. It's feet dragging against the soil. Sticks snapped and crunched underneath the dragon's feet. It paused for a brief moment before glancing to it's side. There, it saw a tree it had passed many times before. The dragon gritted it's teeth before letting out a roar of anger. With one fell swoop, it's claw torn through the trunk, splitting it in half. [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/543991/54399067_350.png[/img] The dragon huffed before turning back around, growling. Before
A large, dark figure stumbled through the mist. It's feet dragging against the soil. Sticks snapped and crunched underneath the dragon's feet. It paused for a brief moment before glancing to it's side. There, it saw a tree it had passed many times before. The dragon gritted it's teeth before letting out a roar of anger. With one fell swoop, it's claw torn through the trunk, splitting it in half.

54399067_350.png

The dragon huffed before turning back around, growling. Before

1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13