Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In The Mist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[indent]Hyacinth was plucking a tune on her lute, trying to be loud enough for other[/indent] dragons to hear, but quiet enough so nothing else would. Andromeda, her calico cat, jumped to her shoulder, not purring as she usually did. She just lay there, silent. [indent]It had been three days, Hyacinth guessed, since she had gotten lost here. She[/indent] had been foraging with her clan when she peeled off to see if a grove of peach trees was ready for picking. She had gone to the grove, only to find the area covered in an unnaturally thick mist. Still, it had rained the night before, and it was a cool morning, so the pearlcatcher entered the orchard unsuspectingly. She had gathered peaches, but could not find her way out. [i]I must have taken a wrong turn[/i], she thought, so she walked resolutely in the opposite direction. Passing some living stones, she stopped to pick them up. As she was doing so, she thought she heard a faint whisper. She pricked her good ear, the left one, and tried to listen for more, but it was gone. The dragon decided that she must have imagined it, so she picked up her cat, tightened the belt holding her lute, which she liked having with her, and kept walking. The mist was overhead now, but she was quite sure that night had come. Why had Aula, the leader of the foraging group, not called for them to return? Had he called, but not been heard by Hyacinth? [indent]Sadly, the dragon put down her lute and ate some berries. She took a golden [/indent]rainbow trout from beside her and gave a piece to Andromeda, who grabbed it and ate it like there would be no tomorrow. Hyacinth clutched her pearl tightly and looked up at the night sky, though she could not know what time it was for sure. As she stared at the swirling mist, she wondered if she would find her way out, how long it would take, and many other questions. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=404144&skin=0&apparel=19448,10728,4320,28380&xt=dressing.png[/img] [indent]Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a long scream, unquestionably[/indent] dragon. She grabbed her cat and ran as far away from the noises as possible. She did not look back. When she thought it safe to stop, the pearlcatcher crouched and stroked her startled Andromeda. Another, different, question crossed her mind: [i]Is anybody else here?[/i]
Hyacinth was plucking a tune on her lute, trying to be loud enough for other
dragons to hear, but quiet enough so nothing else would. Andromeda, her calico cat, jumped to her shoulder, not purring as she usually did. She just lay there, silent.
It had been three days, Hyacinth guessed, since she had gotten lost here. She
had been foraging with her clan when she peeled off to see if a grove of peach trees was ready for picking. She had gone to the grove, only to find the area covered in an unnaturally thick mist. Still, it had rained the night before, and it was a cool morning, so the pearlcatcher entered the orchard unsuspectingly. She had gathered peaches, but could not find her way out. I must have taken a wrong turn, she thought, so she walked resolutely in the opposite direction. Passing some living stones, she stopped to pick them up. As she was doing so, she thought she heard a faint whisper. She pricked her good ear, the left one, and tried to listen for more, but it was gone. The dragon decided that she must have imagined it, so she picked up her cat, tightened the belt holding her lute, which she liked having with her, and kept walking. The mist was overhead now, but she was quite sure that night had come. Why had Aula, the leader of the foraging group, not called for them to return? Had he called, but not been heard by Hyacinth?
Sadly, the dragon put down her lute and ate some berries. She took a golden
rainbow trout from beside her and gave a piece to Andromeda, who grabbed it and ate it like there would be no tomorrow. Hyacinth clutched her pearl tightly and looked up at the night sky, though she could not know what time it was for sure. As she stared at the swirling mist, she wondered if she would find her way out, how long it would take, and many other questions.
scry?sdid=404144&skin=0&apparel=19448,10728,4320,28380&xt=dressing.png
Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a long scream, unquestionably
dragon. She grabbed her cat and ran as far away from the noises as possible. She did not look back. When she thought it safe to stop, the pearlcatcher crouched and stroked her startled Andromeda. Another, different, question crossed her mind: Is anybody else here?
The thick mist shrouded around Ridge, who blinked many times hoping it would help her see better through the fog. She altogether did not mind being lost, it was actually one of her favorite things, but she much preferred it when she could see farther than three feet past her face. The damp air made her feathers feel wet, and she almost thought she could feel water dripping from her antennae. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=47394605&skin=0&apparel=29219,29238,29243,15746,15722,15697,15738,9214,8809,8592&xt=dressing.png[/img] “How much farther do I have to walk to get out of this mist,” Ridge thought. Her delicate steps almost brought her into the branches of a tree. If it weren’t for her sensitive antennae she would have most certainly knocked her head on it. Stopping for a moment, she peered around, praying she would find her way out before she really did get hurt. Suddenly, the sound of scream echoed above the light clanking of her armor. Although she had hoped she might not be the only one in this fog, this was not the answer she was looking for. She planted her feet and turned her head side to side. “That couldn’t have been good,” she retorted silently. “Hello, is someone there?” She called. “Hello? Are you hurt? Do you need help?” The sound of her voice seemed to echo away from her, and she only hoped she would hear something echo back.
The thick mist shrouded around Ridge, who blinked many times hoping it would help her see better through the fog. She altogether did not mind being lost, it was actually one of her favorite things, but she much preferred it when she could see farther than three feet past her face. The damp air made her feathers feel wet, and she almost thought she could feel water dripping from her antennae.

dragon?did=47394605&skin=0&apparel=29219,29238,29243,15746,15722,15697,15738,9214,8809,8592&xt=dressing.png

“How much farther do I have to walk to get out of this mist,” Ridge thought. Her delicate steps almost brought her into the branches of a tree. If it weren’t for her sensitive antennae she would have most certainly knocked her head on it. Stopping for a moment, she peered around, praying she would find her way out before she really did get hurt.

Suddenly, the sound of scream echoed above the light clanking of her armor. Although she had hoped she might not be the only one in this fog, this was not the answer she was looking for. She planted her feet and turned her head side to side. “That couldn’t have been good,” she retorted silently.

“Hello, is someone there?” She called. “Hello? Are you hurt? Do you need help?” The sound of her voice seemed to echo away from her, and she only hoped she would hear something echo back.
UZVTEBc.png
[indent]Hyacinth barely heard the call that came after the scream. It came from her[/indent] right, so she could not be sure of the words. The tone was either pleading or aggressive. [indent]Andromeda, though, seemed interested in this voice. The cat lightly hopped[/indent] out of her owner's arms and set off for where it had come from. Hyacinth had no choice but to tighten the belt holding her lute and follow. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=3&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=19448,22046&xt=dressing.png[/img]
Hyacinth barely heard the call that came after the scream. It came from her
right, so she could not be sure of the words. The tone was either pleading or aggressive.
Andromeda, though, seemed interested in this voice. The cat lightly hopped
out of her owner's arms and set off for where it had come from. Hyacinth had no choice but to tighten the belt holding her lute and follow.
dummy?breed=3&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=19448,22046&xt=dressing.png
Ridge waited for a reply, her body feeling heavy when no ones voice echoed back. She did a quick shake, like dog who has been dowsed in water, her armor clinking and clanking as she did so. The mist began to make her feel lonely and desperate. This was one of those few situations that caused her to miss home.

Ridge gently lowered herself to the ground, making herself comfortable, for she had begun to believe that she would be stuck there longer than planned. Ridge lifted her head to the sky, oh how she wished she could see the stars! But the mist was just too thick.

Suddenly Ridge thought she could hear something, or someone. She stood to her feet and began to walk toward the noise she heard. Her armor brushed against a bush as she tried to find some other living thing in this depressing fog. Then, she felt as if another presence might be near by, courtesy of her antennae. She waited for a moment, and then broke the silence calling, “Um... Hello? Is someone there?”
Ridge waited for a reply, her body feeling heavy when no ones voice echoed back. She did a quick shake, like dog who has been dowsed in water, her armor clinking and clanking as she did so. The mist began to make her feel lonely and desperate. This was one of those few situations that caused her to miss home.

Ridge gently lowered herself to the ground, making herself comfortable, for she had begun to believe that she would be stuck there longer than planned. Ridge lifted her head to the sky, oh how she wished she could see the stars! But the mist was just too thick.

Suddenly Ridge thought she could hear something, or someone. She stood to her feet and began to walk toward the noise she heard. Her armor brushed against a bush as she tried to find some other living thing in this depressing fog. Then, she felt as if another presence might be near by, courtesy of her antennae. She waited for a moment, and then broke the silence calling, “Um... Hello? Is someone there?”
UZVTEBc.png
Hyacinth ran after her cat, getting hit in the face multiple times by branches,
ducking to avoid the worst of them. She saw Andromeda scurry through a bush and, without thinking, leaped over it. She leaped over it straight into the armored chest of a large skydancer.
She was stunned, but made two observations.
  1. This dragon looked strong and sturdy.
  2. The mist was swirling in a wall, almost, making their shared space smaller.
It is an arena, she thought. We are supposed to fight.
She was terrified and wanted to flee, but when she stuck her head in the fog,
she could have been blind. She took it out and stared at the dragon. Andromeda was twining around the skydancer's legs. That might be a good sign.
"Please. Do not kill me. I can play the lute," Hyacinth tried, trying to appeal to
the dragon, who looked somewhat confused. "Please?"
The skydancer looked at her. Maybe it was the mist, but she looked amused.
But why? Had the pearlcatcher been seen as helpless, easy prey?
Hyacinth ran after her cat, getting hit in the face multiple times by branches,
ducking to avoid the worst of them. She saw Andromeda scurry through a bush and, without thinking, leaped over it. She leaped over it straight into the armored chest of a large skydancer.
She was stunned, but made two observations.
  1. This dragon looked strong and sturdy.
  2. The mist was swirling in a wall, almost, making their shared space smaller.
It is an arena, she thought. We are supposed to fight.
She was terrified and wanted to flee, but when she stuck her head in the fog,
she could have been blind. She took it out and stared at the dragon. Andromeda was twining around the skydancer's legs. That might be a good sign.
"Please. Do not kill me. I can play the lute," Hyacinth tried, trying to appeal to
the dragon, who looked somewhat confused. "Please?"
The skydancer looked at her. Maybe it was the mist, but she looked amused.
But why? Had the pearlcatcher been seen as helpless, easy prey?
Ridge’s antennae sensed the oncoming dragon too late, “No, wait!” She yelled just as the other dragon collided with her armor. After the shocking meeting, Ridge jumped into a ready stance, incase the other dragon was hostile. She immediately began to size up the dragon. It’s was as soon as she realized it was a pearlcatcher, that her idea of threat began to decrease.

Ridge watched silently as the pearlcatcher tried to flee in the ever increasing fog, which almost seemed to be encircling them. She tilted her head to the side as she stared at the disoriented dragon. “What is up with this pearlcatcher,” she thought.

Ridge’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the movement of a small creature at her feet. It was a small calico cat, brushing its fur against her own. Ridge lowered her head to get a closer look at the animal, for she had always been very fond of familiars and other such creatures. Her abilities helped her in noticing that the cat was in no way hostile or afraid. And by the looks of it, this cat probably came with the pearlcatcher.

Ridge looked back up at the dragon, who had begun to call out in fear. “I’m not going to hurt you,” she said, trying to calm the dragon down. “Your the one that ran into me, remember?”
Ridge’s antennae sensed the oncoming dragon too late, “No, wait!” She yelled just as the other dragon collided with her armor. After the shocking meeting, Ridge jumped into a ready stance, incase the other dragon was hostile. She immediately began to size up the dragon. It’s was as soon as she realized it was a pearlcatcher, that her idea of threat began to decrease.

Ridge watched silently as the pearlcatcher tried to flee in the ever increasing fog, which almost seemed to be encircling them. She tilted her head to the side as she stared at the disoriented dragon. “What is up with this pearlcatcher,” she thought.

Ridge’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the movement of a small creature at her feet. It was a small calico cat, brushing its fur against her own. Ridge lowered her head to get a closer look at the animal, for she had always been very fond of familiars and other such creatures. Her abilities helped her in noticing that the cat was in no way hostile or afraid. And by the looks of it, this cat probably came with the pearlcatcher.

Ridge looked back up at the dragon, who had begun to call out in fear. “I’m not going to hurt you,” she said, trying to calm the dragon down. “Your the one that ran into me, remember?”
UZVTEBc.png
"Sorry, sorry, so sorry, I am just so scared because I have never seen
anything like this and I heard a scream and I feel like any moment something will come out and tear me to shreds and I have really vivid nightmares about the Shade" Hyacinth blurted, hugging her pearl and lute to her chest. Meanwhile, Andromeda had settled down on the skydancer's foot. Against her will, a tear slid down the pearlcatcher's face. "I have been stuck here for likely three days," She whimpered. "And I cannot find anyone or anything I recognize."
Slowly, she released the lute and her pearl. To comfort herself, she picked up
the first and played a short song she knew.
The woods are here the woods are now,
But stray too far, be hidden by bough.
Oh, for the dragon who strays too far,
Maybe treasure but maybe a scar.

The woods are past the woods are then,
But wander far and never find your den.
Oh, for the dragon that strays too far,
Maybe luck but maybe a scar.

The woods are there the woods are tomorrow,
But lose your path and end in sorrow.
Oh, for the dragon that goes to far,
Hyacinth played a few chords before continuing.
The woods are alive they speak to you,
Hear their voices and follow paths true.
Oh, for the dragon with a listening heart,
Maybe the traps for you will fall apart.
She played a few more chords, plucked the tune, and finished the melody,
wondering why she had sang it.
"Sorry, sorry, so sorry, I am just so scared because I have never seen
anything like this and I heard a scream and I feel like any moment something will come out and tear me to shreds and I have really vivid nightmares about the Shade" Hyacinth blurted, hugging her pearl and lute to her chest. Meanwhile, Andromeda had settled down on the skydancer's foot. Against her will, a tear slid down the pearlcatcher's face. "I have been stuck here for likely three days," She whimpered. "And I cannot find anyone or anything I recognize."
Slowly, she released the lute and her pearl. To comfort herself, she picked up
the first and played a short song she knew.
The woods are here the woods are now,
But stray too far, be hidden by bough.
Oh, for the dragon who strays too far,

The woods are past the woods are then,
But wander far and never find your den.
Oh, for the dragon that strays too far,
Maybe luck but maybe a scar.

The woods are there the woods are tomorrow,
But lose your path and end in sorrow.
Oh, for the dragon that goes to far,
Hyacinth played a few chords before continuing.
The woods are alive they speak to you,
Hear their voices and follow paths true.
Oh, for the dragon with a listening heart,
Maybe the traps for you will fall apart.
She played a few more chords, plucked the tune, and finished the melody,
wondering why she had sang it.
Ridge chuckled slightly at the quick speed the pearlcatcher spoke, obviously due to her fear. “There’s no reason to be sorry about that,” Ridge remarked softly. She smiled confidently at Hyacinth, then began to lift her foot to bring the cat closer to face. “Quite an adorable familiar you have here.” Ridge softly nuzzled the cat with her nose, who seemed to be quite content on Ridge’s paw. “My name is Ridge, and you are?”
Ridge chuckled slightly at the quick speed the pearlcatcher spoke, obviously due to her fear. “There’s no reason to be sorry about that,” Ridge remarked softly. She smiled confidently at Hyacinth, then began to lift her foot to bring the cat closer to face. “Quite an adorable familiar you have here.” Ridge softly nuzzled the cat with her nose, who seemed to be quite content on Ridge’s paw. “My name is Ridge, and you are?”
UZVTEBc.png
"Hyacinth," Hyacinth replied. "The cat is not my familiar, just my pet.
Her name is Andromeda, because she is so beautiful, but I sometimes want to drown her because she is so annoying." She chuckled.

This RPG is still open!
"Hyacinth," Hyacinth replied. "The cat is not my familiar, just my pet.
Her name is Andromeda, because she is so beautiful, but I sometimes want to drown her because she is so annoying." She chuckled.

This RPG is still open!
“I can see how Andromeda can be a handful,” ridge laughed. “It is a shame that your lost out here too. I had been hoping to find a way out of this mist. But three days,”she sighed, “sounds awful.”

Ridge lightly placed Andromeda on the ground and began playing with her the way cats do, patting her gently with her paws.
“I can see how Andromeda can be a handful,” ridge laughed. “It is a shame that your lost out here too. I had been hoping to find a way out of this mist. But three days,”she sighed, “sounds awful.”

Ridge lightly placed Andromeda on the ground and began playing with her the way cats do, patting her gently with her paws.
UZVTEBc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13