Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Visit (closed)
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44 45
Inside the trading post was dark and odd smelling. However the reprieve from the intense sun was nice. It took a few seconds to adjust difference in light levels. Several display cases filled with odd trinkets and antiques filled the room and lined the walls. in the back of the room sat behind a counter was what. Aharon presumed was a mummified pearlcatcher. That was until it croaked out a greeting in return. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/629431/62943031_350.png[/img] "Welcome, tell me if yuh need anytin'.
Inside the trading post was dark and odd smelling. However the reprieve from the intense sun was nice. It took a few seconds to adjust difference in light levels. Several display cases filled with odd trinkets and antiques filled the room and lined the walls. in the back of the room sat behind a counter was what. Aharon presumed was a mummified pearlcatcher. That was until it croaked out a greeting in return.
62943031_350.png
"Welcome, tell me if yuh need anytin'.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
The pearlcatcher provoked another barrage of restraint rattling and growls from Silth, but the imperial was able to settle her this time. "Easy, this is not one of the necromancer's husks," he soothed quietly, "smell the air. We are abroad."

She calmed after a moment, settling back into Aharon's shadow. The imperial strode forward so the mute twin could look at one of the cases.

"Pardon the lady," apologized Aharon, "we just came to see what you stocked here. This is quite the collection for such a small settlement."
The pearlcatcher provoked another barrage of restraint rattling and growls from Silth, but the imperial was able to settle her this time. "Easy, this is not one of the necromancer's husks," he soothed quietly, "smell the air. We are abroad."

She calmed after a moment, settling back into Aharon's shadow. The imperial strode forward so the mute twin could look at one of the cases.

"Pardon the lady," apologized Aharon, "we just came to see what you stocked here. This is quite the collection for such a small settlement."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
((government red tape has consumed my entire week. Paperwork sucks.))

"'cha' lookin' fer anytin in particuler? I got pleny o' charms n' minerals."

The pearlcatchers head turned to stare at Aharon.

"Say, I 'ave not seen a hydra is some years."
((government red tape has consumed my entire week. Paperwork sucks.))

"'cha' lookin' fer anytin in particuler? I got pleny o' charms n' minerals."

The pearlcatchers head turned to stare at Aharon.

"Say, I 'ave not seen a hydra is some years."
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
((Oof, sorry to hear. Doesn't surprise me too much though.))

The imperial moved carefully between the shelves, looking over dusty relics curiously. "If you have any from the Tangled Wood say. . . an age ago, I'd love to take a look, he said, "helps keep Lady Silth grounded."

He wandered closer to the pearlcatcher's counter. "Hydra," mused Aharon, "that's a new one. An interesting title if it weren't usually tied to those foul serpents."

He went silent then, but the mute brother huffed forcefully and nipped at his neck. Aharon barred his teeth, but seemed to get the point. "You said you've seen multi-headed dragons before?"
((Oof, sorry to hear. Doesn't surprise me too much though.))

The imperial moved carefully between the shelves, looking over dusty relics curiously. "If you have any from the Tangled Wood say. . . an age ago, I'd love to take a look, he said, "helps keep Lady Silth grounded."

He wandered closer to the pearlcatcher's counter. "Hydra," mused Aharon, "that's a new one. An interesting title if it weren't usually tied to those foul serpents."

He went silent then, but the mute brother huffed forcefully and nipped at his neck. Aharon barred his teeth, but seemed to get the point. "You said you've seen multi-headed dragons before?"
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
((Gotta love death by powerpoint))
"Recently? Hmm... No cant say that I 'ave for the past 25 years 'cept for that one fellow that had gone from two 'eaded to 'alf beheaded. Sad bloke that 'e was. Last proper one I layed eyes on was when the carnaval came through, long time ago that was. Pretty thing she was, but that was long ago."

There was a hint of sadness and longing in his voice

"Now on the topic of tangled wood i'd say i 'ave a few t'ings lyin' about."

He moved around the counter and moved further back in the store. He had a noticeable limp, its source was obvious, one of his hind legs had been amputated, the stump had been fixed with a wooden prosthetic carrying what was presumably the pearlcatchers pearl.
((Gotta love death by powerpoint))
"Recently? Hmm... No cant say that I 'ave for the past 25 years 'cept for that one fellow that had gone from two 'eaded to 'alf beheaded. Sad bloke that 'e was. Last proper one I layed eyes on was when the carnaval came through, long time ago that was. Pretty thing she was, but that was long ago."

There was a hint of sadness and longing in his voice

"Now on the topic of tangled wood i'd say i 'ave a few t'ings lyin' about."

He moved around the counter and moved further back in the store. He had a noticeable limp, its source was obvious, one of his hind legs had been amputated, the stump had been fixed with a wooden prosthetic carrying what was presumably the pearlcatchers pearl.
A two-headed twin that had lost a head? Both brothers cringed at the thought. While Aharon might survive losing his twin, the mute brother would certainly not. Still worse was the thought of being rendered so utterly alone in that way.

They couldn't help but wonder about the pearlcatcher. Old age didn't really explain his appearance, but they had seen stranger magic. The prosthetic was clever, since many pearlcatchers carried their pearl and walked on three legs anyway.

They shuffled out of the way, tracking the shopkeeper and turning to follow at a distance. "I can't imagine the carnival coming to such a remote place often," said the imperial, "not with the caustic lake outside. it must have been a sight indeed." There was a sympathetic twinge to his voice.

The wildclaw shifted in the shadow of his wing. " . . . Carnival," she rasped quietly, "came through the wood often. Jovial and beautiful. I have . . . not seen one in a long time. A very long time. The years pass by like sand. I wonder if I've seen your two-headed beauty?" The words were shockingly clear, startling the larger dragon. Silth peered out at the pearlcatcher with gently glowing eyes, watching him as he passed between the shelves. By the scraping of her talons, he guessed she would not remain lucid for long. She rarely did.
A two-headed twin that had lost a head? Both brothers cringed at the thought. While Aharon might survive losing his twin, the mute brother would certainly not. Still worse was the thought of being rendered so utterly alone in that way.

They couldn't help but wonder about the pearlcatcher. Old age didn't really explain his appearance, but they had seen stranger magic. The prosthetic was clever, since many pearlcatchers carried their pearl and walked on three legs anyway.

They shuffled out of the way, tracking the shopkeeper and turning to follow at a distance. "I can't imagine the carnival coming to such a remote place often," said the imperial, "not with the caustic lake outside. it must have been a sight indeed." There was a sympathetic twinge to his voice.

The wildclaw shifted in the shadow of his wing. " . . . Carnival," she rasped quietly, "came through the wood often. Jovial and beautiful. I have . . . not seen one in a long time. A very long time. The years pass by like sand. I wonder if I've seen your two-headed beauty?" The words were shockingly clear, startling the larger dragon. Silth peered out at the pearlcatcher with gently glowing eyes, watching him as he passed between the shelves. By the scraping of her talons, he guessed she would not remain lucid for long. She rarely did.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The pearlcatcher grabbed what looked like a lantern off a shelf. However instead of containing a candle. The lantern contained a pair of red eyes suspended an a clear liquid. he pointed it in the direction of the pair.

"My word. She bears an uncanny resemblance to one of the old queens of the wastes...."

He took is a long raspy breath that seemed to shake his whole frame

"Now where was I?"

He turned back to the beck of the store

"Ah, this way."
The pearlcatcher grabbed what looked like a lantern off a shelf. However instead of containing a candle. The lantern contained a pair of red eyes suspended an a clear liquid. he pointed it in the direction of the pair.

"My word. She bears an uncanny resemblance to one of the old queens of the wastes...."

He took is a long raspy breath that seemed to shake his whole frame

"Now where was I?"

He turned back to the beck of the store

"Ah, this way."
The wildclaw let out a raspy cackle at the statement, but spoke no further words.

"Yes, what an interesting . . . coincidence," rumbled Aharon. They turned to follow the pearlcatcher to the back of the store. The large dragon had to pick his way carefully around the shelves, but Silth seemed to flit around both her large guardian and the objects in the store like a shadow. She kept mostly to his side.
The wildclaw let out a raspy cackle at the statement, but spoke no further words.

"Yes, what an interesting . . . coincidence," rumbled Aharon. They turned to follow the pearlcatcher to the back of the store. The large dragon had to pick his way carefully around the shelves, but Silth seemed to flit around both her large guardian and the objects in the store like a shadow. She kept mostly to his side.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The pearlcatcher hung the "lantern" on his horn and continued his slow trek into the back of the store. Eventually the shop-keep stopped at a display case of carved stone fetishes. He pointed at one of the stone "'Might fit t'uh bill." he pointed at a small onyx fetish depicting the shadowbinder. A light layer of dust coated its deep black surface. [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/15587.png[/img][/center] "Not rare by any means, but certainly pretty." He continued is slow limping stroll down the row of shelves.
The pearlcatcher hung the "lantern" on his horn and continued his slow trek into the back of the store. Eventually the shop-keep stopped at a display case of carved stone fetishes. He pointed at one of the stone

"'Might fit t'uh bill."

he pointed at a small onyx fetish depicting the shadowbinder. A light layer of dust coated its deep black surface.
15587.png

"Not rare by any means, but certainly pretty."

He continued is slow limping stroll down the row of shelves.
The twins paused in front of the display, bending their necks to peek in at the carving. Giant versions of the same had once decorated the palace grounds. The mute brother sighed.

Silth paused to look as well, but besides a slight grumble didn't react particularly. The three continued to follow the pearlcatcher curiously.
The twins paused in front of the display, bending their necks to peek in at the carving. Giant versions of the same had once decorated the palace grounds. The mute brother sighed.

Silth paused to look as well, but besides a slight grumble didn't react particularly. The three continued to follow the pearlcatcher curiously.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44 45