Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Visit (closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
((Yah u right I had death by PowerPoint for 8 hours today followd by paperwork so my brain is pretty fried))
((Yah u right I had death by PowerPoint for 8 hours today followd by paperwork so my brain is pretty fried))
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
((Oof. No worries, I know that feeling. Alrighty, I'll have her send them a surprise bird instead. I like to imagine the chaos of the giant crow-thing appearing instead of anyone they expected.))

The ridgeback raised an eyeridge at the letter in confusion. She did remember the strange visitors, but the invitation wasn't something that she remembered. Not that she had the time at the moment anyways, between dark rituals and a general sense of unrest in her clan.

She withdrew a roll of parchment and quill from her robes and using a stray book to write on penned a response in neat cursive script.

Dear Doctor,
I'm terribly sorry, but I believe you have addressed this to the wrong dragon. I remember no such invitation, nor do I have the time to leave my clan at this moment. Perhaps the dragon you meant for was Lady Silth?

I would warn you against inviting the queen, however, as she has become rather
(Several words are hastily scratched out here) unstable as of late. As much as I would rather not have her endangering my clan, I wouldn't wish to inflict her on someone else. If you must, I recommend extending the invitation by way of her personal guard, Aharon. He is about the only dragon able to communicate with her in any meaningful way.
Regards, Penance

P.S. Crux will be able to return on his own easily, if led outside. You may send any return letters with him. Your courier arrived safely, but it is unwise to brave the desert twice in a short span of time.

She sealed the parchment by plucking a scale from her neck and affixing it to the front with a spark of magic. It melted into what seemed to be a wax seal. She gave both letters to the corvid on her shoulder, along with a match. The large bird took off outside to make the delivery. Her familiar shared some of her magic, so making it safely home would be an easy task.

--
Kala dipped her head, bidding the tundra to follow her down to the spring. She had to pat the leering imperial on the flank so he would move to let them by.
((Oof. No worries, I know that feeling. Alrighty, I'll have her send them a surprise bird instead. I like to imagine the chaos of the giant crow-thing appearing instead of anyone they expected.))

The ridgeback raised an eyeridge at the letter in confusion. She did remember the strange visitors, but the invitation wasn't something that she remembered. Not that she had the time at the moment anyways, between dark rituals and a general sense of unrest in her clan.

She withdrew a roll of parchment and quill from her robes and using a stray book to write on penned a response in neat cursive script.

Dear Doctor,
I'm terribly sorry, but I believe you have addressed this to the wrong dragon. I remember no such invitation, nor do I have the time to leave my clan at this moment. Perhaps the dragon you meant for was Lady Silth?

I would warn you against inviting the queen, however, as she has become rather
(Several words are hastily scratched out here) unstable as of late. As much as I would rather not have her endangering my clan, I wouldn't wish to inflict her on someone else. If you must, I recommend extending the invitation by way of her personal guard, Aharon. He is about the only dragon able to communicate with her in any meaningful way.
Regards, Penance

P.S. Crux will be able to return on his own easily, if led outside. You may send any return letters with him. Your courier arrived safely, but it is unwise to brave the desert twice in a short span of time.

She sealed the parchment by plucking a scale from her neck and affixing it to the front with a spark of magic. It melted into what seemed to be a wax seal. She gave both letters to the corvid on her shoulder, along with a match. The large bird took off outside to make the delivery. Her familiar shared some of her magic, so making it safely home would be an easy task.

--
Kala dipped her head, bidding the tundra to follow her down to the spring. She had to pat the leering imperial on the flank so he would move to let them by.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra eyed over the imperial as he passed. However he kept his mouth shut as he passed. He followed closely behind Kala.
The tundra eyed over the imperial as he passed. However he kept his mouth shut as he passed. He followed closely behind Kala.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
The large dragon turned to follow them down, as did much of the clan now that their argumemt was apparently over for the time being. They never seemed to look up, just a hint of dark scales beneath a dark cloak.

Kala led the tundra to the cavern that was dotted with fresh cold springs, some if which were marked as only for drinking or bathing. Some of the clan followed, most went their separate ways. The cavern was roomy, but there only seemed to be one other exit.

The pearlcatcher perched herself on a moss covered stone, reclining daintily and trailing her softly plumed tail through a small pool of water. "There is food upstairs of course," she hummed, tracing a claw around the surface of her pearl. "And we have rooms for guests. You should rest and relax a while, it must have been a taxing trip across the sands. It would be dangerous to try and cross again so soon."
The large dragon turned to follow them down, as did much of the clan now that their argumemt was apparently over for the time being. They never seemed to look up, just a hint of dark scales beneath a dark cloak.

Kala led the tundra to the cavern that was dotted with fresh cold springs, some if which were marked as only for drinking or bathing. Some of the clan followed, most went their separate ways. The cavern was roomy, but there only seemed to be one other exit.

The pearlcatcher perched herself on a moss covered stone, reclining daintily and trailing her softly plumed tail through a small pool of water. "There is food upstairs of course," she hummed, tracing a claw around the surface of her pearl. "And we have rooms for guests. You should rest and relax a while, it must have been a taxing trip across the sands. It would be dangerous to try and cross again so soon."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra pulled a metal canteen from his belt and pulled the cork from the top. He dipped it into a spring marked for drinking. After filling it with water he took a swig and put the cork back. After putting the canteen back in its carry pouch, he turned to kala.

"You got any salt?"
The tundra pulled a metal canteen from his belt and pulled the cork from the top. He dipped it into a spring marked for drinking. After filling it with water he took a swig and put the cork back. After putting the canteen back in its carry pouch, he turned to kala.

"You got any salt?"
The pearlcatcher shrugged, sliding down off of her rock. "Not usually something I carry but-" she padded over to a bogsneak that was filling up bottles nearby and headed in to speak with him. The warlock grumbled, but handed her a pouch of salt before returning to his work.

Kala, looking pleased, brought it over to the tundra.
The pearlcatcher shrugged, sliding down off of her rock. "Not usually something I carry but-" she padded over to a bogsneak that was filling up bottles nearby and headed in to speak with him. The warlock grumbled, but handed her a pouch of salt before returning to his work.

Kala, looking pleased, brought it over to the tundra.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra took the bag and poured some of the salt into his hand and handed the bag back to the pearlcatcher. He pinched the salt and put it in his mouth. He made a bitter face and took a drink of water from the pool. He looked over at the pearlcatcher and asked

"What's the gossip about?"
The tundra took the bag and poured some of the salt into his hand and handed the bag back to the pearlcatcher. He pinched the salt and put it in his mouth. He made a bitter face and took a drink of water from the pool. He looked over at the pearlcatcher and asked

"What's the gossip about?"
"Our former Queen," she replied, tucking the pouch away to return later. "Penance is our leader now, but around half the clan served under Lady Silth before."

She frowned fidgeting with one of her silken wraps. "I get why Penance doesn't want her around," sighed the pearlcatcher, "she's gotten more dangerous with time- but those that served under her don't want her just tossed out when she's got nowhere to go." She leaned against the rock, turning to glance around at the dragons that were scattered around the springs. Checking that it was safe.

"That big imperial we passed," she said quietly, "his name is Aharon. He is her personal guard, been around just as long. He's just as dangerous and fiercely loyal, even though her mind is all but gone."
"Our former Queen," she replied, tucking the pouch away to return later. "Penance is our leader now, but around half the clan served under Lady Silth before."

She frowned fidgeting with one of her silken wraps. "I get why Penance doesn't want her around," sighed the pearlcatcher, "she's gotten more dangerous with time- but those that served under her don't want her just tossed out when she's got nowhere to go." She leaned against the rock, turning to glance around at the dragons that were scattered around the springs. Checking that it was safe.

"That big imperial we passed," she said quietly, "his name is Aharon. He is her personal guard, been around just as long. He's just as dangerous and fiercely loyal, even though her mind is all but gone."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The tundra nodded.
"More dangerous? Last time I checked older dragons get weaker as they get older. And what has she done to rile up everyone here?"
The tundra nodded.
"More dangerous? Last time I checked older dragons get weaker as they get older. And what has she done to rile up everyone here?"
"That's the strange thing," said Kala, "she's got to be centuries old, but never seems to get any weaker. . ."

The pearlcatcher ran a claw through her mane, frowning at the ground. She hesitated. "She- she killed someone, I think," her ear twitched, "again. Lady Silth hardly acts like a dragon any more, skulking in the dark down there. She's almost feral. I wish I understood--"

She cut off suddenly, ears falling back as she spotted something at the entrance to the spring. It was the imperial again, lumbering up to the largest pool.
"That's the strange thing," said Kala, "she's got to be centuries old, but never seems to get any weaker. . ."

The pearlcatcher ran a claw through her mane, frowning at the ground. She hesitated. "She- she killed someone, I think," her ear twitched, "again. Lady Silth hardly acts like a dragon any more, skulking in the dark down there. She's almost feral. I wish I understood--"

She cut off suddenly, ears falling back as she spotted something at the entrance to the spring. It was the imperial again, lumbering up to the largest pool.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45