Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Visit (closed)
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44 45
(Checking for life)
(Checking for life)
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
((barely, work is killing me, but I actually work on a live jet now so it's fun but long hours. finally getting in the groove of it though.))

The grizzled pearlcatcher trotted on occasionally useing the lantern to get a closer look at some items as they passed. One of the things they passed was a book that was displayed behind a set of locked bars a small plaque below it read "Do Not Touch"
the books name was at one point "Transmutation" However at some point the trans had been crossed out leaving "mutation" Rourke walked by it without mentioning it.

"Hmm now, where did I leave it last, oh here it is. my, my, I thought I had misplaced it."

The pearlcatcher lifted the lid off of a crate and inside was an ornate set of Onyx clawrings. They looked to have been fashioned for a wildclaw, and had a intricate carving upon there surface.

"I came upon these many years ago during my exultant service. Spoils of war you might say."
((barely, work is killing me, but I actually work on a live jet now so it's fun but long hours. finally getting in the groove of it though.))

The grizzled pearlcatcher trotted on occasionally useing the lantern to get a closer look at some items as they passed. One of the things they passed was a book that was displayed behind a set of locked bars a small plaque below it read "Do Not Touch"
the books name was at one point "Transmutation" However at some point the trans had been crossed out leaving "mutation" Rourke walked by it without mentioning it.

"Hmm now, where did I leave it last, oh here it is. my, my, I thought I had misplaced it."

The pearlcatcher lifted the lid off of a crate and inside was an ornate set of Onyx clawrings. They looked to have been fashioned for a wildclaw, and had a intricate carving upon there surface.

"I came upon these many years ago during my exultant service. Spoils of war you might say."
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
Aharon dipped his head to examine the rings. They were well made, and beautiful in their own way. "Quite a prize, I'm sure," he said cautiously. It wasn't likely that the old pearlcatcher would part with it easily. The mute brother looked on from above, trying to place the carving.

The wildclaw poked her head out from his shadow again, so that she was suddenly and forcefully in the lantern light. She chirped appreciatively at the decorated rings, tilting her head slightly to get a better look. Her glossy shadow-colored crest caught the light as she finally spoke. "I recognize that metalwork," she rasped, causing Aharon to grimace.

He wasn't sure exactly what she meant by recognise, if she knew the work of the jeweler or if she had once worn a similar set. He remained silent.
Aharon dipped his head to examine the rings. They were well made, and beautiful in their own way. "Quite a prize, I'm sure," he said cautiously. It wasn't likely that the old pearlcatcher would part with it easily. The mute brother looked on from above, trying to place the carving.

The wildclaw poked her head out from his shadow again, so that she was suddenly and forcefully in the lantern light. She chirped appreciatively at the decorated rings, tilting her head slightly to get a better look. Her glossy shadow-colored crest caught the light as she finally spoke. "I recognize that metalwork," she rasped, causing Aharon to grimace.

He wasn't sure exactly what she meant by recognise, if she knew the work of the jeweler or if she had once worn a similar set. He remained silent.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"Do you now. Mmm... let's see, ah yes I remember now. These were taken from a nobel family. Their name slips my memory 'owever I believe they were once part of a set. All of these are marked with serial numbers as 001 suggesting there was at least an intent to make another set by the jeweler."

He lifted one of the clawing towards the pair.

"Do you now. Mmm... let's see, ah yes I remember now. These were taken from a nobel family. Their name slips my memory 'owever I believe they were once part of a set. All of these are marked with serial numbers as 001 suggesting there was at least an intent to make another set by the jeweler."

He lifted one of the clawing towards the pair.

""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
Silth gingerly lifted the offered ring, her grip delicate and steady. She shuffled forward, holding the finery carefully up towards the light. Her foreclaws were covered by what seemed to be a similar set, though it was darksteel set with blue gems.

The clawring she held seemed to react positively to her aura of shadow magic, tendrils of dark mist seeming to rise off of it. She chuckled. "That's a good sign it was made for a shadow dragon," she said "enchanted to look mysterious." She fixed him with a curious gaze. "Something you're looking to sell? Or perhaps you prefer to trade curios..."

Aharon sat back somewhat, content to look around while Silth spoke with the shopkeeper. He sometimes forgot that diplomacy had been a sizable portion of her duties. She was not truly aware of where or when they were; he was under no such delusion, but in whatever moment of time she currently occupied she was lucid. That was enough.
Silth gingerly lifted the offered ring, her grip delicate and steady. She shuffled forward, holding the finery carefully up towards the light. Her foreclaws were covered by what seemed to be a similar set, though it was darksteel set with blue gems.

The clawring she held seemed to react positively to her aura of shadow magic, tendrils of dark mist seeming to rise off of it. She chuckled. "That's a good sign it was made for a shadow dragon," she said "enchanted to look mysterious." She fixed him with a curious gaze. "Something you're looking to sell? Or perhaps you prefer to trade curios..."

Aharon sat back somewhat, content to look around while Silth spoke with the shopkeeper. He sometimes forgot that diplomacy had been a sizable portion of her duties. She was not truly aware of where or when they were; he was under no such delusion, but in whatever moment of time she currently occupied she was lucid. That was enough.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The pearlcatcher sighed.

"Normally, I wouldn't want to part with them, 'owever I've come to terms that they serve no purpose gatherin' dust 'ere. It's 'bout time I let 'em have a proper owner.

Tell yah what, I'll give 'em to ya for free, long as you promise to never split apart the set.

Deal?"
The pearlcatcher sighed.

"Normally, I wouldn't want to part with them, 'owever I've come to terms that they serve no purpose gatherin' dust 'ere. It's 'bout time I let 'em have a proper owner.

Tell yah what, I'll give 'em to ya for free, long as you promise to never split apart the set.

Deal?"
The wildclaw turned the ring again. "Last time someone made me an offer like that," she said, "the object was cursed." She let the silence hang for a moment, and the serious note in her voice ooze into the space between them.

After just a second of tense silence, she let out a hearty guffaw. It was enough to make her muzzle clatter and strain against the opening of her mouth. "But I do like to live dangerously. You have a deal," she held the ring out so it could be placed back in its case, "though I hope you won't take offense if I don't wear them out. They could use a good cleaning if nothing else."
The wildclaw turned the ring again. "Last time someone made me an offer like that," she said, "the object was cursed." She let the silence hang for a moment, and the serious note in her voice ooze into the space between them.

After just a second of tense silence, she let out a hearty guffaw. It was enough to make her muzzle clatter and strain against the opening of her mouth. "But I do like to live dangerously. You have a deal," she held the ring out so it could be placed back in its case, "though I hope you won't take offense if I don't wear them out. They could use a good cleaning if nothing else."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"Aye, might be cursed. Seein' as I never tried them on myself. and I don't blame you for doin' so."

The pearl catcher took the ring back and returned it to its case. Closing its lid and then holding out the case for one of the pair to take.
"Aye, might be cursed. Seein' as I never tried them on myself. and I don't blame you for doin' so."

The pearl catcher took the ring back and returned it to its case. Closing its lid and then holding out the case for one of the pair to take.
The case was passed back to Aharon, to be packed in with their supplies. The big dragon dipped their heads appreciatively to the pearlcatcher, for at least indulging the mad wildclaw for a while.

"I'll take good care of them, cursed or not," she rasped, "still, I hate to leave you high and dry." She fished around in her coat for a and produced an unassuming silver coin. It was ancient, and etched painstakingly with her once royal crest. A rose in a tangle of thorns, with a large eye peering out from its center.

She held it out. "I don't know what a favor is worth any more," she said as they turned to go, "but rest assured it will be honored if you ever need to call it in."

The imperial followed her out, wishing the pearlcatcher well, and advising he should probably not ask too many questions about the coin. Silth would keep her word, of course, even if she herself couldn't answer the call.

Trickster's coins had once been minted frequently and traded amongst power in the Tangled wood. They were magical, in that they could be used as a sort of summons, when the favor was requested. Mostly, they were there to keep notorious tricksters honest. It was a dishonor on your name to give one and ignore it.

The sun was still beating down outside as they wandered out to find the others.
The case was passed back to Aharon, to be packed in with their supplies. The big dragon dipped their heads appreciatively to the pearlcatcher, for at least indulging the mad wildclaw for a while.

"I'll take good care of them, cursed or not," she rasped, "still, I hate to leave you high and dry." She fished around in her coat for a and produced an unassuming silver coin. It was ancient, and etched painstakingly with her once royal crest. A rose in a tangle of thorns, with a large eye peering out from its center.

She held it out. "I don't know what a favor is worth any more," she said as they turned to go, "but rest assured it will be honored if you ever need to call it in."

The imperial followed her out, wishing the pearlcatcher well, and advising he should probably not ask too many questions about the coin. Silth would keep her word, of course, even if she herself couldn't answer the call.

Trickster's coins had once been minted frequently and traded amongst power in the Tangled wood. They were magical, in that they could be used as a sort of summons, when the favor was requested. Mostly, they were there to keep notorious tricksters honest. It was a dishonor on your name to give one and ignore it.

The sun was still beating down outside as they wandered out to find the others.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The shop keep bid them a goodbye as they left. Back outside, the street was still deserted. The tundra was seated in the dirt next to the the pile of mechanical plates and goo. He was poking at it with a stick. Suddenly with a crash from the building next to them, a form was violently ejected form the building landing in a pile in the dirt. The pile quickly coiled into a striking posture and hissed back at the door. It was a spiral from the looks of it. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/446705/44670470_350.png[/img] [/center] A second dragon stomped it way out of the building. It let out a gruff roar at the spiral. A large piecing green eye stared from the slit running the length of the beasts neck. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/368229/36822871_350.png[/img] [/center]
The shop keep bid them a goodbye as they left.

Back outside, the street was still deserted. The tundra was seated in the dirt next to the the pile of mechanical plates and goo. He was poking at it with a stick.

Suddenly with a crash from the building next to them, a form was violently ejected form the building landing in a pile in the dirt. The pile quickly coiled into a striking posture and hissed back at the door. It was a spiral from the looks of it.
44670470_350.png
A second dragon stomped it way out of the building. It let out a gruff roar at the spiral. A large piecing green eye stared from the slit running the length of the beasts neck.
36822871_350.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44 45