Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Changlings (Open For New Players!)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15
Dashte panicked as the bear collapsed. Her jaws couldn’t seem to unlatch fast enough. She scrambled back, claws clicking harshly against the stone floor. She panted hard and looked at Willow, wagging her tail. She had helped! She stepped even further back from Frostbite, only then remembering about the tiny rat lodged in her fur. She hastily glanced back to see what could only be called a smile on the tiny creature’s face. The tiny thing couldn’t stop squeaking in joy and Dashte wagged her tail along with her. She pushed her forehead close to the tiny mouse’s happily. Then she remembered the Alpha. The mysterious Wildclaw stood behind her and again Dashte’s claws echoed across the floor. She scrambled behind Willow and just stared out between the Skydancer’s legs. But the Alpha wasn’t going for them, she was going for Frostbite’s headdress strewn on the floor. “What is this?” It moved in her claws and the Wildclaw’s eyes widened in surprise.
Dashte panicked as the bear collapsed. Her jaws couldn’t seem to unlatch fast enough. She scrambled back, claws clicking harshly against the stone floor. She panted hard and looked at Willow, wagging her tail. She had helped! She stepped even further back from Frostbite, only then remembering about the tiny rat lodged in her fur. She hastily glanced back to see what could only be called a smile on the tiny creature’s face. The tiny thing couldn’t stop squeaking in joy and Dashte wagged her tail along with her. She pushed her forehead close to the tiny mouse’s happily. Then she remembered the Alpha. The mysterious Wildclaw stood behind her and again Dashte’s claws echoed across the floor. She scrambled behind Willow and just stared out between the Skydancer’s legs. But the Alpha wasn’t going for them, she was going for Frostbite’s headdress strewn on the floor. “What is this?” It moved in her claws and the Wildclaw’s eyes widened in surprise.
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
A small creature crawled out of the headdress, it seemed like a type of ghost. It was a small bird, perhaps a sparrow. It looked toward the wildclaw and scrambled back into the headdress as a pool of blood formed in Frostbite’s gaping mouth. Her eyes were pale, only a few shades from pure white.
A small creature crawled out of the headdress, it seemed like a type of ghost. It was a small bird, perhaps a sparrow. It looked toward the wildclaw and scrambled back into the headdress as a pool of blood formed in Frostbite’s gaping mouth. Her eyes were pale, only a few shades from pure white.
3187-AC53-451-D-4-D07-B73-D-60578-ACB71-F5.jpg
Thistle hissed at the small bird-like creature. “What are you? Show yourself! Stop hurting this Changling!”
Thistle hissed at the small bird-like creature. “What are you? Show yourself! Stop hurting this Changling!”
Willow shrieked as he was suddenly knocked over by a large polar bear, wearing the same apparel that Frostbite had been wearing. Thoughts about how he shouldn't have trusted the Guardian in the first place after her previous display ran through his head as he thrashed around. Claws raked through his fur as teeth started to grip on his hind leg. The Skydancer began to shift back into his snow leopard form, swiping a few times at the polar bear's eyes in a panicked state. However, before he could fully turn, the grip on his leg suddenly went slack. He spotted the red wolf with its jaws fastened around Frostbite's jugular. Willow scrambled out from under the large bear, now a snow leopard. He was panting heavily, and his back leg was bleeding. Spots of red shown through his previously pristine white fur. But he didn't seem to be too hurt, and was more shocked at the sudden change in Frostbite's demeanor. He wondered what could have caused such a change so quickly. He growled a thanks to the red wolf, who smiled back at him happily. But when the Alpha suddenly appeared, her ears went down and her tail ceased its wagging. The wolf scrambled behind Willow, who stiffened his legs and raised his head. Almost like a battle stance, but not quite. Even so, the implications were clear -- protection. He watched silently when the Alpha made her way over to the headdress. He couldn't make sense at the creature which crawled out of it, but then again this whole situation was pretty confusing.
Willow shrieked as he was suddenly knocked over by a large polar bear, wearing the same apparel that Frostbite had been wearing. Thoughts about how he shouldn't have trusted the Guardian in the first place after her previous display ran through his head as he thrashed around. Claws raked through his fur as teeth started to grip on his hind leg. The Skydancer began to shift back into his snow leopard form, swiping a few times at the polar bear's eyes in a panicked state. However, before he could fully turn, the grip on his leg suddenly went slack. He spotted the red wolf with its jaws fastened around Frostbite's jugular. Willow scrambled out from under the large bear, now a snow leopard. He was panting heavily, and his back leg was bleeding. Spots of red shown through his previously pristine white fur. But he didn't seem to be too hurt, and was more shocked at the sudden change in Frostbite's demeanor. He wondered what could have caused such a change so quickly. He growled a thanks to the red wolf, who smiled back at him happily. But when the Alpha suddenly appeared, her ears went down and her tail ceased its wagging. The wolf scrambled behind Willow, who stiffened his legs and raised his head. Almost like a battle stance, but not quite. Even so, the implications were clear -- protection. He watched silently when the Alpha made her way over to the headdress. He couldn't make sense at the creature which crawled out of it, but then again this whole situation was pretty confusing.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif plague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gif Rvkn9sD.png
The bird flew out of the headdress, it didn’t seem to be afraid any more. It pecked the alpha near the eye, then flew to Frostbite with the headdress and landed on her forehead. The bird disappeared and colour returned to the bear’s eyes. The headdress was back on the bear’s head, and it wiped the blood from her mouth. The bear stood up and changed back to the dragon form, the bite was now clearly visible on her neck. Frostbite’s pink eyes locked onto Dashte, she let out a low growl and she walked away, clearly injured from the nearly fatal attack.
The bird flew out of the headdress, it didn’t seem to be afraid any more. It pecked the alpha near the eye, then flew to Frostbite with the headdress and landed on her forehead. The bird disappeared and colour returned to the bear’s eyes. The headdress was back on the bear’s head, and it wiped the blood from her mouth. The bear stood up and changed back to the dragon form, the bite was now clearly visible on her neck. Frostbite’s pink eyes locked onto Dashte, she let out a low growl and she walked away, clearly injured from the nearly fatal attack.
Willow watched with dull curiosity as the bird flew around the room for a bit -- annoying the Alpha in the process -- before returning back to the headdress. It then disappeared, and Frostbite regained consciousness. Willow narrowed his eyes slightly. He had assumed that the bird was an ally to the Guardian of some sort. He had assumed correctly. When Frostbite glared at the red wolf, pink eyes glowing as she growled, Willow silently stamped his front paw protectively. His striking purple eyes locked on to Frostbite's dangerous pink ones until she turned away. He felt no pity for her, ignoring the wound on her neck. You shouldn't have attacked me if you didn't want to face the consequences, he thought to himself.
Willow watched with dull curiosity as the bird flew around the room for a bit -- annoying the Alpha in the process -- before returning back to the headdress. It then disappeared, and Frostbite regained consciousness. Willow narrowed his eyes slightly. He had assumed that the bird was an ally to the Guardian of some sort. He had assumed correctly. When Frostbite glared at the red wolf, pink eyes glowing as she growled, Willow silently stamped his front paw protectively. His striking purple eyes locked on to Frostbite's dangerous pink ones until she turned away. He felt no pity for her, ignoring the wound on her neck. You shouldn't have attacked me if you didn't want to face the consequences, he thought to himself.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif plague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gif Rvkn9sD.png
Frostbite walked outside of the large room, and waited just outside the outpost. She lay down, and her birdskulls shifted to reveal quite large injuries that had never healed correctly. The bird returned from the headdress and Frostbite struggled to stay conscious. “Look frosty, you can’t survive without me. You are too merciful. So I took over. You should be able to kill. It is your job.” The bird tweeted.
“L-look....... I-I don’t want to hurt anyone...... th-these skulls are from your family.... a-and you were the one that brought me the bones...... I-I don’t want to do this any more. I-I want to be a real dragon! A-a nice dragon that has tons of friends!” Frostbite said with an innocent sparkle in her eyes.
“Well, that isn’t going to happen. Not now, not ever.” The bird replied, the creatures eyes were cold and emotionless.
Frostbite walked outside of the large room, and waited just outside the outpost. She lay down, and her birdskulls shifted to reveal quite large injuries that had never healed correctly. The bird returned from the headdress and Frostbite struggled to stay conscious. “Look frosty, you can’t survive without me. You are too merciful. So I took over. You should be able to kill. It is your job.” The bird tweeted.
“L-look....... I-I don’t want to hurt anyone...... th-these skulls are from your family.... a-and you were the one that brought me the bones...... I-I don’t want to do this any more. I-I want to be a real dragon! A-a nice dragon that has tons of friends!” Frostbite said with an innocent sparkle in her eyes.
“Well, that isn’t going to happen. Not now, not ever.” The bird replied, the creatures eyes were cold and emotionless.
Dashte watched the spirit fly back into Frostbite. She stood up and once again became a dragon. As soon as she was fully formed her eyes caught Dashte’s in anger. That’s when she realized she was still standing behind Willow, accepting his protection. She appreciated it, but moved to stand next to her, growling. Her hackles raised, ears flattened, and teeth exposed, waiting to see what the unpredictable dragon would do. Instead of attacking, like Dashte thought she would, she ran out of the room. Fear scent trailed in her wake. What does a dragon that fierce have to be afraid of? She sniffed the air and decided to follow Frostbite into the hallway. It sounded as if there had been a conversation going and she had just caught the end of it, but she got the jist. She saw the spirit bird’s soulless eyes and Frostbite cowering on the floor. She back against the wall as to not be seen, but to also hide her shock from the world. Frostbite isn’t bad! That bird is. I need to find a way to free her. First off, I should try being her friend.
Dashte watched the spirit fly back into Frostbite. She stood up and once again became a dragon. As soon as she was fully formed her eyes caught Dashte’s in anger. That’s when she realized she was still standing behind Willow, accepting his protection. She appreciated it, but moved to stand next to her, growling. Her hackles raised, ears flattened, and teeth exposed, waiting to see what the unpredictable dragon would do. Instead of attacking, like Dashte thought she would, she ran out of the room. Fear scent trailed in her wake. What does a dragon that fierce have to be afraid of? She sniffed the air and decided to follow Frostbite into the hallway. It sounded as if there had been a conversation going and she had just caught the end of it, but she got the jist. She saw the spirit bird’s soulless eyes and Frostbite cowering on the floor. She back against the wall as to not be seen, but to also hide her shock from the world. Frostbite isn’t bad! That bird is. I need to find a way to free her. First off, I should try being her friend.
With the battle over and Frostbite leaving the room, the general hubbub of activity started up once again. Dragons shed their defensive postures, returning to the idle chatter that they had been engaging in before Frostbite attacked Willow. Others slowly went back to eating lunch, occasionally glancing at Willow as if he would try and continue the fight. Those who had been working simply continued to rush about, unaffected by the brief altercation. Willow let out a huff, allowing his fur to lie flat. He should see a healer about getting his wounds patched up, once he was a bit more calm. He began licking a paw nonchalantly, swiping it over his face. When the red wold ran after Frostbite, Willow suddenly caught the scent of fear and apprehension. What? It smelled like it came from none other than the Guardian. Could this be related to how the dragon had just attacked him? Surely that was the answer, there was no other option. Willow stared after the hallway in which the red wolf had just disappeared down, before slowly padding after her. Like it or not, he was now somewhat responsible for looking over these two, especially if they were to join the Changelings in the future.
With the battle over and Frostbite leaving the room, the general hubbub of activity started up once again. Dragons shed their defensive postures, returning to the idle chatter that they had been engaging in before Frostbite attacked Willow. Others slowly went back to eating lunch, occasionally glancing at Willow as if he would try and continue the fight. Those who had been working simply continued to rush about, unaffected by the brief altercation. Willow let out a huff, allowing his fur to lie flat. He should see a healer about getting his wounds patched up, once he was a bit more calm. He began licking a paw nonchalantly, swiping it over his face. When the red wold ran after Frostbite, Willow suddenly caught the scent of fear and apprehension. What? It smelled like it came from none other than the Guardian. Could this be related to how the dragon had just attacked him? Surely that was the answer, there was no other option. Willow stared after the hallway in which the red wolf had just disappeared down, before slowly padding after her. Like it or not, he was now somewhat responsible for looking over these two, especially if they were to join the Changelings in the future.
“Those dragons don’t like you. They just want you to leave. Frostbite, they don’t want you. They gave you that wound on your neck. They don’t want you.” Frostbite only then noticed the bite on her neck.
“Th-the other dragons did that? W-what were they like? They must have had a reason! Y-yeah! I-I bet they were a really nice dragon who-“ The bird flew back toward Frostbite, and in a puff of smoke, they were gone. Frostbite’s eyes returned to normal, and the innocent sparkle had changed to an angered flame. She raised her body high from the ground and killed another bird before jumping up into a tree. It was unusual that it didn’t break under her weight, but it didn’t seem to even crack. Frostbite then hopped from tree to tree, deep into the forest.
“Those dragons don’t like you. They just want you to leave. Frostbite, they don’t want you. They gave you that wound on your neck. They don’t want you.” Frostbite only then noticed the bite on her neck.
“Th-the other dragons did that? W-what were they like? They must have had a reason! Y-yeah! I-I bet they were a really nice dragon who-“ The bird flew back toward Frostbite, and in a puff of smoke, they were gone. Frostbite’s eyes returned to normal, and the innocent sparkle had changed to an angered flame. She raised her body high from the ground and killed another bird before jumping up into a tree. It was unusual that it didn’t break under her weight, but it didn’t seem to even crack. Frostbite then hopped from tree to tree, deep into the forest.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15