Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Changlings (Open For New Players!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Moonwatcher2811 Ah, I understand! And that's a really good name to be honest-
@Moonwatcher2811 Ah, I understand! And that's a really good name to be honest-
Art Shop
Africa's Brewing Service!
Perma Challenge
Hello there, fellow rain enthusiasts. I bless rains, for free! That's quite a deal, if you ask me- I can fill up your local water reserve and sprinkle your garden, all at the same time!
@Africa
@Silverpelt60 (feel free to send in your character!)
Here's kind of just an example of some lore for them. I wrote this for the Writer's Hatchery actually! I was thinking the dragons would get together, then form kind of a society to locate and help others of their kind. Sorry it's kinda choppy and stuff. I'm not the best writer but I'm trying to get better!
Marleyi hissed and cursed under her breath.

Not now! Not now!

This couldn't be happening! Not here! Her cheeks grew red and she tried to shy away from her group. One of her classmates, Ryu, asked where she was going and she just replied with, "Nothing! Just admiring the scenery."

Why do you have to be so shy
?

She knew she needed to get away from her group before it happened. It had been a pretty uneventful day otherwise. She had come with her youth group delegation to convince the owner of this stretch of forest they were at to preserve it for wildlife purposes. They had succeeded and were just taking photos and getting ready to head home. Marleyi knew her parents would be proud, but now was not the time to think of that. She had to get away. Now.

She felt her pattern disappearing and her body shrinking. Her head began to grow a tiny beak and her legs turn from four into two. She let out a small chirp and chocked on it. The changes weren't too noticeable now, but they would soon appear and expose her to the world. She dug her quickly changing talons into the ground and felt beads of sweat blossom on her head. She was getting a few odd looks from the other delegation members, but she knew she could later blame it on anxiety.

Get it together Marleyi! You've been doing this for years! Don't let you screw up now! And in front of everyone too!

But she knew she hadn't changed in too long and soon it would overpower her.

She barely managed to squeak out the word, "Bathroom," before she rushed off in a panic.

Where to go? Where to go? She was getting smaller and smaller and her full, visible change would come any second now... there! A small circle of trees was planted firmly in the grass. Marleyi almost cried with relief and ducked into the tiny clearing. She finally let the change overcome her. Her scales turned to feathers. Her tail turned into fine plumage. And her snout turned into a thick beak. She chirped happily and hopped around the clearing. It was done and although she had made a big deal of it, honestly the change was quite natural and didn't hurt. Her little legs spread out as she did a few running leaps, just to get the feel of it.

She loved her animal body. It just felt natural and free. She liked to think of herself kind of like a superhero.

Dragon by day, cardinal by night.

She chirped happily once more and began to pluck at the ground. She knew her classmates would just think she had gone to the bathroom and her dad had 'picked her up' (she had many excuses lined up just in case this very situation happened), so she had no obligation right now. Marleyi was free to be a bird. Her red wings dipped low to the ground as she pecked for seeds. She let her natural bird instincts take over and was happy to let them run wild. The longer she let them go, the longer it would be until this kind of thing happened again. Soon, though, her peace was interrupted by shaking and her tiny head shot up. Her bird instincts told her to fly away quickly, but something kept her grounded. She did hop back into some tall grass to let only her black beak poke out for protection.

A few moments passed and she was almost ready to hop back out and resume eating (she was quite hungry), but a tall, lean dragon stepped into the clearing before she could make her decision. Her long legs looked quite fast and strong for running. There were orange, translucent spines lining her head and back and she had brown and gold mottled skin. Her outfit consisted of a tome from her flight, a primal banner (could she be connected to the Beast Clans?), and a bronze breastplate. It looked quite scratched up and there seemed to be many claw marks on it. What has this dragon been doing?

Suddenly the dragon pulled out a radio from her side and spoke into it softly. For her hard persona her voice was actually quite pleasant and Marleyi crooned softly at its melodic tone. The bird in her wanted to chirp out a song to go along with the lovely sound, but she had to suppress it. (Though quite honestly the dragon in her wanted to cry out too.)

"Yes Surya. I'm sure she was just here. She ran away from her group and changed. No I don't know where she went but she can't have gone far. Our intel says she most likely changes into a bird of some kind."

Marleyi felt a chill seep down her spine. It was quite obvious these dragons were talking about her. I have to get out of here.

She knew better than to try to creep back though the grass, that would make too much noise and movement. Plus, she would have to go slow and had a high chance of being caught. She could try to take flight, but who knows if she could make it out on time? There was a dart gun attached to this dragon's waist she hadn't seen before and she knew if this dragon went to all this trouble to find her, she wouldn't hesitate to use it. Maybe she could just stay put? The stress might kill her little bird body and the mysterious dragon knew she was dealing with a bird. A small one if it could hide this well. She could probably find her in seconds. Marleyi felt quite like cursing again, but held her tongue. Those chirps would make it even more obvious she was here.

Suddenly Marleyi noticed the clearing was quiet. Too quiet. She looked up at where the strange dragon had been and she was gone. In her place was a red wolf, the very species she had come here to protect. Their kind was almost extinct and this now-reserve had been the last place they lived naturally. Its head swung around to place its slitted eyes on her. Yes, it may be the very species she was here to protect, but it was about to kill her. She squawked in alarm and quickly took flight, not heeding her dragon mind to reasonably stay put or run to a tree. The red wolf crouched down on its long legs and leapt. Huge paws crashed into Marleyi, almost crushing her spine. The last thing she remembered before she blacked out was the triumphant panting of the red wolf as it towered over her.

Marleyi woke groggily. Her tiny, red head rose slowly. She let out a small peep as her head rolled back down heavily to rest in her feathers. It was too much. What is going on? Why am… I… so… sleepy? Her brain felt as if it was filled with cotton and her body felt as if it was weighed down by bricks. It was a major effort just to lift her head out of her fluffy plumage. She racked her brain for the answer to her problems and the events of the past day slammed into her like a load of cement. It was only then that she noticed the golden eagle perched on a branch outside her cage.

When it saw her its head picked up and his beak turned up to what Marleyi imagined a bird's smile would look like. "You're awake! Hello! My name is Surya. I'm sure you heard Agent Dashte talking to me on the radio. We're so glad to have you here. Assuming you're a changeling of course!"

What the- a changeling? Marleyi felt her barely working beak respond quite rudely and the eagle, Surya, laughed.

"Well then, glad to have you here! I'm happy to see we got a good one, and fierce too! You'll make a great addition to the team... Marleyi? I do hope that's right."

She barely managed a small nod, not knowing why she did or why she so trusted this bird until she saw his next 'trick'. The strange bird leaped into the air and lit up with the shimmering light that always indicated Marleyi's changes and landed as a beautiful Skydancer. He had beautiful gold paint flecked across his face, and his accessories much matched that.

"Well on that note, welcome to the Changelings!"
@Africa
@Silverpelt60 (feel free to send in your character!)
Here's kind of just an example of some lore for them. I wrote this for the Writer's Hatchery actually! I was thinking the dragons would get together, then form kind of a society to locate and help others of their kind. Sorry it's kinda choppy and stuff. I'm not the best writer but I'm trying to get better!
Marleyi hissed and cursed under her breath.

Not now! Not now!

This couldn't be happening! Not here! Her cheeks grew red and she tried to shy away from her group. One of her classmates, Ryu, asked where she was going and she just replied with, "Nothing! Just admiring the scenery."

Why do you have to be so shy
?

She knew she needed to get away from her group before it happened. It had been a pretty uneventful day otherwise. She had come with her youth group delegation to convince the owner of this stretch of forest they were at to preserve it for wildlife purposes. They had succeeded and were just taking photos and getting ready to head home. Marleyi knew her parents would be proud, but now was not the time to think of that. She had to get away. Now.

She felt her pattern disappearing and her body shrinking. Her head began to grow a tiny beak and her legs turn from four into two. She let out a small chirp and chocked on it. The changes weren't too noticeable now, but they would soon appear and expose her to the world. She dug her quickly changing talons into the ground and felt beads of sweat blossom on her head. She was getting a few odd looks from the other delegation members, but she knew she could later blame it on anxiety.

Get it together Marleyi! You've been doing this for years! Don't let you screw up now! And in front of everyone too!

But she knew she hadn't changed in too long and soon it would overpower her.

She barely managed to squeak out the word, "Bathroom," before she rushed off in a panic.

Where to go? Where to go? She was getting smaller and smaller and her full, visible change would come any second now... there! A small circle of trees was planted firmly in the grass. Marleyi almost cried with relief and ducked into the tiny clearing. She finally let the change overcome her. Her scales turned to feathers. Her tail turned into fine plumage. And her snout turned into a thick beak. She chirped happily and hopped around the clearing. It was done and although she had made a big deal of it, honestly the change was quite natural and didn't hurt. Her little legs spread out as she did a few running leaps, just to get the feel of it.

She loved her animal body. It just felt natural and free. She liked to think of herself kind of like a superhero.

Dragon by day, cardinal by night.

She chirped happily once more and began to pluck at the ground. She knew her classmates would just think she had gone to the bathroom and her dad had 'picked her up' (she had many excuses lined up just in case this very situation happened), so she had no obligation right now. Marleyi was free to be a bird. Her red wings dipped low to the ground as she pecked for seeds. She let her natural bird instincts take over and was happy to let them run wild. The longer she let them go, the longer it would be until this kind of thing happened again. Soon, though, her peace was interrupted by shaking and her tiny head shot up. Her bird instincts told her to fly away quickly, but something kept her grounded. She did hop back into some tall grass to let only her black beak poke out for protection.

A few moments passed and she was almost ready to hop back out and resume eating (she was quite hungry), but a tall, lean dragon stepped into the clearing before she could make her decision. Her long legs looked quite fast and strong for running. There were orange, translucent spines lining her head and back and she had brown and gold mottled skin. Her outfit consisted of a tome from her flight, a primal banner (could she be connected to the Beast Clans?), and a bronze breastplate. It looked quite scratched up and there seemed to be many claw marks on it. What has this dragon been doing?

Suddenly the dragon pulled out a radio from her side and spoke into it softly. For her hard persona her voice was actually quite pleasant and Marleyi crooned softly at its melodic tone. The bird in her wanted to chirp out a song to go along with the lovely sound, but she had to suppress it. (Though quite honestly the dragon in her wanted to cry out too.)

"Yes Surya. I'm sure she was just here. She ran away from her group and changed. No I don't know where she went but she can't have gone far. Our intel says she most likely changes into a bird of some kind."

Marleyi felt a chill seep down her spine. It was quite obvious these dragons were talking about her. I have to get out of here.

She knew better than to try to creep back though the grass, that would make too much noise and movement. Plus, she would have to go slow and had a high chance of being caught. She could try to take flight, but who knows if she could make it out on time? There was a dart gun attached to this dragon's waist she hadn't seen before and she knew if this dragon went to all this trouble to find her, she wouldn't hesitate to use it. Maybe she could just stay put? The stress might kill her little bird body and the mysterious dragon knew she was dealing with a bird. A small one if it could hide this well. She could probably find her in seconds. Marleyi felt quite like cursing again, but held her tongue. Those chirps would make it even more obvious she was here.

Suddenly Marleyi noticed the clearing was quiet. Too quiet. She looked up at where the strange dragon had been and she was gone. In her place was a red wolf, the very species she had come here to protect. Their kind was almost extinct and this now-reserve had been the last place they lived naturally. Its head swung around to place its slitted eyes on her. Yes, it may be the very species she was here to protect, but it was about to kill her. She squawked in alarm and quickly took flight, not heeding her dragon mind to reasonably stay put or run to a tree. The red wolf crouched down on its long legs and leapt. Huge paws crashed into Marleyi, almost crushing her spine. The last thing she remembered before she blacked out was the triumphant panting of the red wolf as it towered over her.

Marleyi woke groggily. Her tiny, red head rose slowly. She let out a small peep as her head rolled back down heavily to rest in her feathers. It was too much. What is going on? Why am… I… so… sleepy? Her brain felt as if it was filled with cotton and her body felt as if it was weighed down by bricks. It was a major effort just to lift her head out of her fluffy plumage. She racked her brain for the answer to her problems and the events of the past day slammed into her like a load of cement. It was only then that she noticed the golden eagle perched on a branch outside her cage.

When it saw her its head picked up and his beak turned up to what Marleyi imagined a bird's smile would look like. "You're awake! Hello! My name is Surya. I'm sure you heard Agent Dashte talking to me on the radio. We're so glad to have you here. Assuming you're a changeling of course!"

What the- a changeling? Marleyi felt her barely working beak respond quite rudely and the eagle, Surya, laughed.

"Well then, glad to have you here! I'm happy to see we got a good one, and fierce too! You'll make a great addition to the team... Marleyi? I do hope that's right."

She barely managed a small nod, not knowing why she did or why she so trusted this bird until she saw his next 'trick'. The strange bird leaped into the air and lit up with the shimmering light that always indicated Marleyi's changes and landed as a beautiful Skydancer. He had beautiful gold paint flecked across his face, and his accessories much matched that.

"Well on that note, welcome to the Changelings!"
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
@Moonwatcher2811 I am really sorry to say this, but I have already one ongoing rp right now and I am afraid I won't have time for a second one. The idea was really great, and I feel terrible for leaving- I hope you understand!
@Moonwatcher2811 I am really sorry to say this, but I have already one ongoing rp right now and I am afraid I won't have time for a second one. The idea was really great, and I feel terrible for leaving- I hope you understand!
Art Shop
Africa's Brewing Service!
Perma Challenge
Hello there, fellow rain enthusiasts. I bless rains, for free! That's quite a deal, if you ask me- I can fill up your local water reserve and sprinkle your garden, all at the same time!
@Africa
It's quite alright!
@Africa
It's quite alright!
@Moonwatcher2811 [I]YEETS[/I] dragon form Here's my character! I decided to make him more assertive and collected than his downright cowardly dragon form. He does get annoyed more easily though, which I hope his feral form shows. [b]Dragon Name:[/b] Willow [b]Dragon URL:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32312818] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/323129/32312818_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Feral Form:[/b] Snow Leopard [b]Feral Picture:[/b] [url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiskNXm14zjAhUiAZ0JHQ5JA38QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F504966176940729408%2F&psig=AOvVaw19Pvm6gtBSrgQmiMSq0kpW&ust=1561828795395814]Boop[/url] (Image wasn't showing so I had to put it in a link :V ) The amount of fur is not set. It is decided upon transformation based on what climate Willow transforms in, like how a fox or rabbit has winter colors. Mostly, he has about as much fur as a cheetah. [b]Personality:[/b] Willow prefers to hide rather than engage in combat. Staying unnoticed with his white coat is difficult, but over time he's grown to be pretty skilled and sneaking around and hiding. When he was younger, he often had a nervous disposition and would stutter and isolate himself from others often. However, as he grew older and learned to control his power, he became calmer. More cool and collected. He does prefer to stay alone most of the time, and often gets annoyed and snappy when discovered. But when around dragons he's comfortable with, he is almost bashful and easygoing. But no matter what mood he is in, Willow is always talkative unless he's trying to stay discreet. Whether he's chewing off someone's ear for a mistake they made, or talking with coworkers about interesting things that have happened to him, or even griping about his dislike of the Beastclans, it seems he just likes to hear himself speak. [b]Family/Friends/Backstory:[/b] Willow was born into a clutch of three hatchlings. His two siblings were sent off to participate in a battle between two warring elements, and all Willow knows about them is that they died honorably in battle. His mother was a witch or oracle of some sorts, dabbling in questionable magics and often leaving deep into the night to seek out those who would accept her services of predictions and fortunes. One day she left and never returned, although Willow heard in rumors that she had gone off to travel in caravans and be amongst dragons with her own interests. Willow did not blame her, knowing that it was hard to be different, and it was always nice to be surrounded by those like you. Willow's father was a mechanic who studied battle and build armor and other metal contraptions, much like a Lightning or Fire flight dragon. Caught up in his work, the father simply had no time for his son. So Willow was mostly left alone to grow up in his clan. He became nervous and cowardly, unwilling to interact with others in fear of being abandoned. He became even more resentful when he discovered his changeling powers, blaming them on his mother, and the fact that he was unable to control them on his father since the elder Skydancer showed his son no care. Realizing that he couldn't stay in the clan, Willow fled. He became a traveling dragon, scouring the world for places that would temporarily hold him. He would hunt in his snow leopard form and take up temporary residences in clans when he got tired of living a wild life, briefly working odd jobs and having a home before turning back to nature and a nomadic lifestyle. It wasn't as if he hated living amongst other dragons, although at times he would lament that other dragons were such a chore to put up with, he just had yet to find the right place for him. Besides his adept rouge and almost ninja-esque skills (being half-cat will do that to you), Willow considers his greatest accomplishment to be his frequent stakeouts on the Beastclans. Willow has familiarized himself with every group except the Maren, since he prefers to stay away from water (take a wild guess why). He likes the Longneck and Centaurs the most. His travels to secluded places as a lone outcasted dragon allowed him to make peace with the secluded meditating Longneck, who even taught him new tactics at times, and of course the Centaur have long been an Aly to Dragonkind, and at times Willow would find himself living in Centaur clans longer than he would stay at dragon clans. He considers Harpies and the Talonok annoying, since all of his attempts at integrating themselves into their society were met with many, [I]many[/I] spears being thrown at him. Willow will admire the Harpy lifestyle from afar, less so the Talonok, but as long as they continue to attack him he will only see them as a food source. Willow despises the Mith, as their adept armor-crafting nature remind him of his father, but he will often spare the Mith who have taken on a more floral aesthetic as he has nothing against flowers (and sometimes the Smith spared will make him flower crowns and such as thanks). As for the Serthis, Willow respects these cruel and battle-oriented creatures. When he's not in his snow leopard form, he knows to stay well enough alone from these bloodthirsty serpents. Occasionally, he will capture one to learn rather than for food, and will keep it around to learn its customs and potion-making skills before releasing it mostly unharmed. [b]Anything Else You'd Like To Add?:[/b] Hmm, he likes flowers, would make a good mentor despite his grumpiness, and is really protective of those he is close to. He's only ever cowardly nowadays when water is involved. If he gets too angry, he will transform no matter what, so he wears enchanted fins that delay and sometimes stop the process of transforming so he can get to a safe place to transform in time.
@Moonwatcher2811 YEETS dragon form
Here's my character! I decided to make him more assertive and collected than his downright cowardly dragon form. He does get annoyed more easily though, which I hope his feral form shows.

Dragon Name: Willow

Dragon URL:
32312818_350.png

Feral Form: Snow Leopard

Feral Picture: Boop (Image wasn't showing so I had to put it in a link :V )
The amount of fur is not set. It is decided upon transformation based on what climate Willow transforms in, like how a fox or rabbit has winter colors. Mostly, he has about as much fur as a cheetah.

Personality: Willow prefers to hide rather than engage in combat. Staying unnoticed with his white coat is difficult, but over time he's grown to be pretty skilled and sneaking around and hiding. When he was younger, he often had a nervous disposition and would stutter and isolate himself from others often. However, as he grew older and learned to control his power, he became calmer. More cool and collected. He does prefer to stay alone most of the time, and often gets annoyed and snappy when discovered. But when around dragons he's comfortable with, he is almost bashful and easygoing. But no matter what mood he is in, Willow is always talkative unless he's trying to stay discreet. Whether he's chewing off someone's ear for a mistake they made, or talking with coworkers about interesting things that have happened to him, or even griping about his dislike of the Beastclans, it seems he just likes to hear himself speak.

Family/Friends/Backstory: Willow was born into a clutch of three hatchlings. His two siblings were sent off to participate in a battle between two warring elements, and all Willow knows about them is that they died honorably in battle. His mother was a witch or oracle of some sorts, dabbling in questionable magics and often leaving deep into the night to seek out those who would accept her services of predictions and fortunes. One day she left and never returned, although Willow heard in rumors that she had gone off to travel in caravans and be amongst dragons with her own interests. Willow did not blame her, knowing that it was hard to be different, and it was always nice to be surrounded by those like you. Willow's father was a mechanic who studied battle and build armor and other metal contraptions, much like a Lightning or Fire flight dragon. Caught up in his work, the father simply had no time for his son. So Willow was mostly left alone to grow up in his clan. He became nervous and cowardly, unwilling to interact with others in fear of being abandoned. He became even more resentful when he discovered his changeling powers, blaming them on his mother, and the fact that he was unable to control them on his father since the elder Skydancer showed his son no care. Realizing that he couldn't stay in the clan, Willow fled. He became a traveling dragon, scouring the world for places that would temporarily hold him. He would hunt in his snow leopard form and take up temporary residences in clans when he got tired of living a wild life, briefly working odd jobs and having a home before turning back to nature and a nomadic lifestyle. It wasn't as if he hated living amongst other dragons, although at times he would lament that other dragons were such a chore to put up with, he just had yet to find the right place for him.

Besides his adept rouge and almost ninja-esque skills (being half-cat will do that to you), Willow considers his greatest accomplishment to be his frequent stakeouts on the Beastclans. Willow has familiarized himself with every group except the Maren, since he prefers to stay away from water (take a wild guess why). He likes the Longneck and Centaurs the most. His travels to secluded places as a lone outcasted dragon allowed him to make peace with the secluded meditating Longneck, who even taught him new tactics at times, and of course the Centaur have long been an Aly to Dragonkind, and at times Willow would find himself living in Centaur clans longer than he would stay at dragon clans. He considers Harpies and the Talonok annoying, since all of his attempts at integrating themselves into their society were met with many, many spears being thrown at him. Willow will admire the Harpy lifestyle from afar, less so the Talonok, but as long as they continue to attack him he will only see them as a food source. Willow despises the Mith, as their adept armor-crafting nature remind him of his father, but he will often spare the Mith who have taken on a more floral aesthetic as he has nothing against flowers (and sometimes the Smith spared will make him flower crowns and such as thanks). As for the Serthis, Willow respects these cruel and battle-oriented creatures. When he's not in his snow leopard form, he knows to stay well enough alone from these bloodthirsty serpents. Occasionally, he will capture one to learn rather than for food, and will keep it around to learn its customs and potion-making skills before releasing it mostly unharmed.

Anything Else You'd Like To Add?: Hmm, he likes flowers, would make a good mentor despite his grumpiness, and is really protective of those he is close to. He's only ever cowardly nowadays when water is involved. If he gets too angry, he will transform no matter what, so he wears enchanted fins that delay and sometimes stop the process of transforming so he can get to a safe place to transform in time.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif plague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gif Rvkn9sD.png
[size=2]@Moonwatcher2811 What a cool idea! I'm actually working on a similar project, but it's more of a collaborative subspecies/lore building thing than a roleplay. Here's my idea for a character.[/size] [center][b]Dragon Name:[/b] Amka[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52877412] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/528775/52877412_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][b]Feral Form:[/b] Caribou[/center] [img]https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/kids/photos/animals/Mammals/A-G/caribou-walking-snow.ngsversion.1396530517734.adapt.1900.1.jpg[/img] [center][b]Personality:[/b] [i]Aloof - Curious - Decisive[/i][/center] [indent] She struggles with modern society and the trappings of flights, clans, and friendship. Now that she is out of the ice fortress and interacting with the wide world, she is eager to learn about these things that she doesn't understand. She can be overconfident and condescending towards modern dragons' ways, but if others are patient with her she will come around. And it pays to listen to her; raised as a warrior and guard, she has a brilliant mind for combat. A side effect of her training is a rigid morality that doesn't acknowledge gray areas. Things are right, or wrong, with nothing in between. [i]May Icewarden help you if she thinks you're in the wrong.[/i] She is learning how to be casual and friendly. It's an uphill battle, but those who are willing to stick it out will find that they have gained the most loyal, hardworking, and protective friend that they could ever ask for. [/indent] [b]Family/Friends/Backstory:[/b] [indent] Amka was a young Keeper when the Seeker order was reinstated and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=106]Gaolers returned to the wide world[/url]. Armed with her new name, an overabundance of confidence, and a secret, she begged to join the Seekers. Getting her request granted meant she could finally be free of a prison that was meant for creatures of the Shade, but had been doing a fine job of keeping Amka's spirit trapped. Living under the ice was terrifying. Her brethren sought to destroy all things unnatural, evil and of the Shade. Amka knew she was none of these things, but lived in fear that one day someone would catch her transforming and disagree. What was more unnatural that a dragon turning into a deer? Now, Amka travels Sornieth in search of the Shade. She travels independently to keep her secret safe. It works out well; there are many advantages to traveling as a caribou. She draws less attention and is comfortable in a wider variety of climates. The chances of encountering another Seeker is rare, but still, she worries- could the Glacial Assembly find out her secret? [/indent] [b]Anything Else You'd Like To Add?:[/b] I tend to make dragon characters closely tied to the lore of FR (1920s technology, deity magic, etc). I see that your story posted above is a more modern; do you think the roleplay will be Flight Rising based, or more modern?
@Moonwatcher2811 What a cool idea! I'm actually working on a similar project, but it's more of a collaborative subspecies/lore building thing than a roleplay.

Here's my idea for a character.

Dragon Name: Amka
Feral Form: Caribou
caribou-walking-snow.ngsversion.1396530517734.adapt.1900.1.jpg
Personality:
Aloof - Curious - Decisive
She struggles with modern society and the trappings of flights, clans, and friendship. Now that she is out of the ice fortress and interacting with the wide world, she is eager to learn about these things that she doesn't understand. She can be overconfident and condescending towards modern dragons' ways, but if others are patient with her she will come around. And it pays to listen to her; raised as a warrior and guard, she has a brilliant mind for combat. A side effect of her training is a rigid morality that doesn't acknowledge gray areas. Things are right, or wrong, with nothing in between.
May Icewarden help you if she thinks you're in the wrong.

She is learning how to be casual and friendly. It's an uphill battle, but those who are willing to stick it out will find that they have gained the most loyal, hardworking, and protective friend that they could ever ask for.

Family/Friends/Backstory:
Amka was a young Keeper when the Seeker order was reinstated and Gaolers returned to the wide world. Armed with her new name, an overabundance of confidence, and a secret, she begged to join the Seekers.

Getting her request granted meant she could finally be free of a prison that was meant for creatures of the Shade, but had been doing a fine job of keeping Amka's spirit trapped. Living under the ice was terrifying. Her brethren sought to destroy all things unnatural, evil and of the Shade. Amka knew she was none of these things, but lived in fear that one day someone would catch her transforming and disagree. What was more unnatural that a dragon turning into a deer?

Now, Amka travels Sornieth in search of the Shade. She travels independently to keep her secret safe. It works out well; there are many advantages to traveling as a caribou. She draws less attention and is comfortable in a wider variety of climates. The chances of encountering another Seeker is rare, but still, she worries- could the Glacial Assembly find out her secret?

Anything Else You'd Like To Add?:
I tend to make dragon characters closely tied to the lore of FR (1920s technology, deity magic, etc). I see that your story posted above is a more modern; do you think the roleplay will be Flight Rising based, or more modern?
tumblr_psudqi73dp1wogl4wo2_100.png
z3JrKHc.png
@zoology
Yay! Glad to have you! We'll probably get one more, but if it starts taking too long we'll just get started!
@zoology
Yay! Glad to have you! We'll probably get one more, but if it starts taking too long we'll just get started!
@Moonwatcher2811
Great! Do you want to do any planning, like how everyone meets up?
Do you think this will be set in Sornieth (FR's lore- 1920s technology, deity magic, etc.) or an alternative world?
@Moonwatcher2811
Great! Do you want to do any planning, like how everyone meets up?
Do you think this will be set in Sornieth (FR's lore- 1920s technology, deity magic, etc.) or an alternative world?
tumblr_psudqi73dp1wogl4wo2_100.png
z3JrKHc.png
@Moonwatcher2811
Because I'm really excited for this roleplay to begin, could I post a quick short story of Willow here? I feel like it would be a good head start to get his personality down, seeing as this Willow will be different then how I usually use him (since he's not a huge coward).
@Moonwatcher2811
Because I'm really excited for this roleplay to begin, could I post a quick short story of Willow here? I feel like it would be a good head start to get his personality down, seeing as this Willow will be different then how I usually use him (since he's not a huge coward).
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif plague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gif Rvkn9sD.png
@Silverpelt60
Yeah that's be great!

@zoology
I think they would have more advanced tech, including the lab that's out to capture them. But I think FR setting (other than time) will work out just fine!
@Silverpelt60
Yeah that's be great!

@zoology
I think they would have more advanced tech, including the lab that's out to capture them. But I think FR setting (other than time) will work out just fine!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15