Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Changlings (Open For New Players!)
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
Dashte growled as Frostbite picked her up and struggled in the dragon’s talons. She whined softly as the dragon settled back down. She decided to give her some space and walked to the tree line. She pushed through the gentle brush and returned to the forest. She walked along the tree line until she found a spot she could watch Frostbite safely and come to aid her if she ever needed. As night began to fall Dashte left quickly to find a bite to eat. She caught two rabbits and just as she was about to dig in, she remembered Frostbite not eating anything yet. She darted out quickly and dropped the rabbit by her. She returned to the tree line and settled in for the night.
Dashte growled as Frostbite picked her up and struggled in the dragon’s talons. She whined softly as the dragon settled back down. She decided to give her some space and walked to the tree line. She pushed through the gentle brush and returned to the forest. She walked along the tree line until she found a spot she could watch Frostbite safely and come to aid her if she ever needed. As night began to fall Dashte left quickly to find a bite to eat. She caught two rabbits and just as she was about to dig in, she remembered Frostbite not eating anything yet. She darted out quickly and dropped the rabbit by her. She returned to the tree line and settled in for the night.
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
Frostbite stayed awake quite a while after the sun had ducked below the horizon, but did not move from her spot for quite some time. When Dashte dropped a rabbit near her, she bowed her head in thanks, but did not touch the animal. While Dashte slept, Frostbite moved slightly closer to them, and watched them, just to make sure nothing attacked. When the sun rose again, Frostbite moved back to her original place.
Frostbite stayed awake quite a while after the sun had ducked below the horizon, but did not move from her spot for quite some time. When Dashte dropped a rabbit near her, she bowed her head in thanks, but did not touch the animal. While Dashte slept, Frostbite moved slightly closer to them, and watched them, just to make sure nothing attacked. When the sun rose again, Frostbite moved back to her original place.
3187-AC53-451-D-4-D07-B73-D-60578-ACB71-F5.jpg
Dashte yawned and gently opened her eyes. I must've fallen asleep. Her fur stuck out in a few places, and she figured she looked quite disgruntled. She checked her back for her tiny mouse friend, but she was nowhere to be found. Glancing quickly over to Frostbite, Dashte noted that she was okay, but the rabbit was untouched. She decided she had a bit of time to clean up and she licked down her fur until it was smooth. She squeezed out of the bushes and trotted over to Frostbite. She was awake. Dashte knew that Frostbite wanted no attention or love, but she licked the large dragon on the face and gently nosed her head. She knew that doing any more might just upset her, so she left to go hunting and to maybe find Willow. Where is he? Suddenly Dashte smelled something delicious. A dead rabbit was lying in a small clearing. A large cliff loomed beside the grassy space that the rabbit must've fallen off of and broken its neck. Feeling that hunting would take too long today if she was to find Willow, she padded closer to the rabbit. She gently picked the small thing up in her jaws. A small click sounded and Dashte's eyes widened. She dropped the rabbit and attempted to sprint off, but the trap closed too quickly around her. A net had fired down from above and ensnared her. Dashte's mouth was open in a snarl of fear and her eyes were wide in shock. She pawed at the ground and bit at the net until her paws and gums bled, but it was hopeless. She was stuck. Soon, though, it occurred to her that Frostbite was still around. She was her last hope. Dashte gracefully opened her bleeding jaws and let out a long, mourning howl of danger. Let us hope she can hear me.
Dashte yawned and gently opened her eyes. I must've fallen asleep. Her fur stuck out in a few places, and she figured she looked quite disgruntled. She checked her back for her tiny mouse friend, but she was nowhere to be found. Glancing quickly over to Frostbite, Dashte noted that she was okay, but the rabbit was untouched. She decided she had a bit of time to clean up and she licked down her fur until it was smooth. She squeezed out of the bushes and trotted over to Frostbite. She was awake. Dashte knew that Frostbite wanted no attention or love, but she licked the large dragon on the face and gently nosed her head. She knew that doing any more might just upset her, so she left to go hunting and to maybe find Willow. Where is he? Suddenly Dashte smelled something delicious. A dead rabbit was lying in a small clearing. A large cliff loomed beside the grassy space that the rabbit must've fallen off of and broken its neck. Feeling that hunting would take too long today if she was to find Willow, she padded closer to the rabbit. She gently picked the small thing up in her jaws. A small click sounded and Dashte's eyes widened. She dropped the rabbit and attempted to sprint off, but the trap closed too quickly around her. A net had fired down from above and ensnared her. Dashte's mouth was open in a snarl of fear and her eyes were wide in shock. She pawed at the ground and bit at the net until her paws and gums bled, but it was hopeless. She was stuck. Soon, though, it occurred to her that Frostbite was still around. She was her last hope. Dashte gracefully opened her bleeding jaws and let out a long, mourning howl of danger. Let us hope she can hear me.
@Silverpelt60
@Silverpelt60
Frostbite was quite surprised that the animal had come so close to her, knowing that she could have bitten them at any point. She raised her head and looked up at the clouds. That’s when she heard a howl coming from the forest. She knew that it must be from Dashte. Frostbite jumped to her feet, and sprinted toward the sound, her headdress falling off in the process. When she finally found Dashte, she ran over to her and started to bite and claw at the net. “W-what happened to you? W-who’s trap is this?” She continued talking to Dashte while trying to free her from the back, just so she knew that she hadn’t left. She did once try to get Dashte to speak, just to make sure she was still alive, before returning to attacking the net.
Eventually, one part of the net ripped, creating a hole only just big enough for Dashte to crawl out. Frostbite put her head inside the net and picked up Dashte in her mouth, like a mother cat would to it’s kittens, and pulled her out of the net.
“I’ve gotta say, Dashte, you’ve really got some guts trying to fight that trap. Most animals would just lay down and die.” Frostbite’s own mouth was bleeding slightly, and the blood flowed down her cheeks and neck as she talked, but she didn’t seem to mind. “Let’s just hope that the hunters don’t find ya, eh?”
Frostbite was quite surprised that the animal had come so close to her, knowing that she could have bitten them at any point. She raised her head and looked up at the clouds. That’s when she heard a howl coming from the forest. She knew that it must be from Dashte. Frostbite jumped to her feet, and sprinted toward the sound, her headdress falling off in the process. When she finally found Dashte, she ran over to her and started to bite and claw at the net. “W-what happened to you? W-who’s trap is this?” She continued talking to Dashte while trying to free her from the back, just so she knew that she hadn’t left. She did once try to get Dashte to speak, just to make sure she was still alive, before returning to attacking the net.
Eventually, one part of the net ripped, creating a hole only just big enough for Dashte to crawl out. Frostbite put her head inside the net and picked up Dashte in her mouth, like a mother cat would to it’s kittens, and pulled her out of the net.
“I’ve gotta say, Dashte, you’ve really got some guts trying to fight that trap. Most animals would just lay down and die.” Frostbite’s own mouth was bleeding slightly, and the blood flowed down her cheeks and neck as she talked, but she didn’t seem to mind. “Let’s just hope that the hunters don’t find ya, eh?”
Dashte heard footfalls coming through the forest and went stiff. Either it was her savior or her killer. Relief flooded through her when Frostbite burst into the clearing. She whined appreciatively and wagged her tail as well as she could while Frostbite freed her from the net. The big dragon really did care about her, trying to free her from the net in worry. That's when Dashte made The Decision. She hadn't done this before. She hoped she was right in her choice. As soon as Frostbite pulled her out of the net, Dashte shook off and demanded to be put down. She could tell Frostbite's confusion, but she needed to do this. She stood with all four paws planted and called to her magic and felt the change begin. Her four legs turned to two legs and two arms, her fur grew mottled with black and gold coloring, her back grew two large wings with a flowing banner accompanying them, her head's snout lengthened and grew spines parading down her back. Finally, her change was complete. She looked to Frostbite and spoke the first actual words she had to her. "Hello. My name is Dashte, as you know. This is my dragon form. I'll have you know you're the first dragon I've shown this to, so I'm a little self-conscious right now." She laughed and held a talon behind her head.
Dashte heard footfalls coming through the forest and went stiff. Either it was her savior or her killer. Relief flooded through her when Frostbite burst into the clearing. She whined appreciatively and wagged her tail as well as she could while Frostbite freed her from the net. The big dragon really did care about her, trying to free her from the net in worry. That's when Dashte made The Decision. She hadn't done this before. She hoped she was right in her choice. As soon as Frostbite pulled her out of the net, Dashte shook off and demanded to be put down. She could tell Frostbite's confusion, but she needed to do this. She stood with all four paws planted and called to her magic and felt the change begin. Her four legs turned to two legs and two arms, her fur grew mottled with black and gold coloring, her back grew two large wings with a flowing banner accompanying them, her head's snout lengthened and grew spines parading down her back. Finally, her change was complete. She looked to Frostbite and spoke the first actual words she had to her. "Hello. My name is Dashte, as you know. This is my dragon form. I'll have you know you're the first dragon I've shown this to, so I'm a little self-conscious right now." She laughed and held a talon behind her head.
“W-well then Dashte, it’s nice to see your dragon form!” Frostbite bowed to the dragon, then returned to having her head held quite high. “I’m glad I was able to help, and there isn’t any need to feel self-conscious! Everyone is just perfect the way they are!” Frostbite twirled around, and the ghostly bird flew next to her dragging the headdress along with it. “O-oh! Right. Dashte, I would like you to meet Hazard.” She gestured toward the ghostly bird, which was staring at Dashte with nearly glowing eyes, filled with hatred and anger. “O-or as they call them self, Frostbite. L-let’s just say “Hazard” so that this isn’t so confusing....”
“W-well then Dashte, it’s nice to see your dragon form!” Frostbite bowed to the dragon, then returned to having her head held quite high. “I’m glad I was able to help, and there isn’t any need to feel self-conscious! Everyone is just perfect the way they are!” Frostbite twirled around, and the ghostly bird flew next to her dragging the headdress along with it. “O-oh! Right. Dashte, I would like you to meet Hazard.” She gestured toward the ghostly bird, which was staring at Dashte with nearly glowing eyes, filled with hatred and anger. “O-or as they call them self, Frostbite. L-let’s just say “Hazard” so that this isn’t so confusing....”
Dashte’s eyes widened at the hatred the bird directed at her. “So you’re both named Frostbite? Alright. Well it’s nice to meet you... Hazard.” Thoughts we’re racing through her mind about the bird and why Frostbite, the dragon, was acting so indecisive all of the sudden. Then it dawned on her. It’s the bird. Hazard made Frostbite act the way she did! She stored this thought away in her mind. I’ll ask Frostbite about it later. She turned to her dragon companion and asked the question that had been haunting her since they left the Changeling facility. “What do we do next?”
Dashte’s eyes widened at the hatred the bird directed at her. “So you’re both named Frostbite? Alright. Well it’s nice to meet you... Hazard.” Thoughts we’re racing through her mind about the bird and why Frostbite, the dragon, was acting so indecisive all of the sudden. Then it dawned on her. It’s the bird. Hazard made Frostbite act the way she did! She stored this thought away in her mind. I’ll ask Frostbite about it later. She turned to her dragon companion and asked the question that had been haunting her since they left the Changeling facility. “What do we do next?”
“I-I.... don’t know....” The guardian said, her voice seemed a little childlike now, and the sunlight sparkled in her eyes.
“It is...... nice to meet you, comrade. I apologise about my host, the guardian doesn’t know how to defend herself. Always asking people if they’re ok. Pfft. Weak. Isn’t that right, Frosty?” The bird squawked, the voice seemed aggressive, with a general Russian accent to it. The bird seemed a little like a villain from a movie, but fluffy. The guardian once again shrank down, and lowered her head toward the ground. “I am the true Frostbite. I merely passed my name on when I found a host. I just didn’t know that my host would be so weak. Well, it is easy to keep the body under control, so, it does have it’s perks.” The bird’s eyes were still locked onto Dashte, but they were not filled with anger or hate any more, more like, sweetness, but anyone could see that it was fake. Just a way to lure someone into a trap.
“I-I.... don’t know....” The guardian said, her voice seemed a little childlike now, and the sunlight sparkled in her eyes.
“It is...... nice to meet you, comrade. I apologise about my host, the guardian doesn’t know how to defend herself. Always asking people if they’re ok. Pfft. Weak. Isn’t that right, Frosty?” The bird squawked, the voice seemed aggressive, with a general Russian accent to it. The bird seemed a little like a villain from a movie, but fluffy. The guardian once again shrank down, and lowered her head toward the ground. “I am the true Frostbite. I merely passed my name on when I found a host. I just didn’t know that my host would be so weak. Well, it is easy to keep the body under control, so, it does have it’s perks.” The bird’s eyes were still locked onto Dashte, but they were not filled with anger or hate any more, more like, sweetness, but anyone could see that it was fake. Just a way to lure someone into a trap.
Dashte felt her spines rising in oncoming aggression. She barely held back a hiss as she let out a venomous, “How nice. So how did you... happen upon Frostbite?” She looked apologetically to Frostbite, hating the choice of words she was forced to use.
Dashte felt her spines rising in oncoming aggression. She barely held back a hiss as she let out a venomous, “How nice. So how did you... happen upon Frostbite?” She looked apologetically to Frostbite, hating the choice of words she was forced to use.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15