Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Changlings (Open For New Players!)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
Dashte growled and raised her hackles. Her quickly burning whisker stung with resentment and she followed the Guardian into the forest. No creatures will be tortured on my watch. Then she laughed to herself. Oh Dashte. You sound so self-indulgent.
Dashte growled and raised her hackles. Her quickly burning whisker stung with resentment and she followed the Guardian into the forest. No creatures will be tortured on my watch. Then she laughed to herself. Oh Dashte. You sound so self-indulgent.
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
Frostbite had found a family of rats this time. “How nice.” She said to herself. She picked up all of them with her mouth, by their tails, then continued and tied all their tails together to make a rat cage. She trotted back to Willow, the part of the tail that was knotted was inside of her mouth, guarded by dagger like fangs. “Now, let’s meet this other changeling.”
Frostbite had found a family of rats this time. “How nice.” She said to herself. She picked up all of them with her mouth, by their tails, then continued and tied all their tails together to make a rat cage. She trotted back to Willow, the part of the tail that was knotted was inside of her mouth, guarded by dagger like fangs. “Now, let’s meet this other changeling.”
3187-AC53-451-D-4-D07-B73-D-60578-ACB71-F5.jpg
Dashte saw Frostbite digging for the rats and darted in in time to save just one. It was a small, trembling creature with a black pelt and a white patch over her eye. She immediately took a liking to the creature, but the poor little thing didn't know that. Dashte showed her every way she could and once it knew Dashte wouldn't hurt it, she climbed through her fur and solemnly watched her family being knotted up and carried away. She let out a soft squeak and buried herself in the red wolf's fur. Dashte growled softly and trotted back over to Willow, making sure the small creature was hidden in her auburn fur. When she was ready she was sure the rat would go off.
Dashte saw Frostbite digging for the rats and darted in in time to save just one. It was a small, trembling creature with a black pelt and a white patch over her eye. She immediately took a liking to the creature, but the poor little thing didn't know that. Dashte showed her every way she could and once it knew Dashte wouldn't hurt it, she climbed through her fur and solemnly watched her family being knotted up and carried away. She let out a soft squeak and buried herself in the red wolf's fur. Dashte growled softly and trotted back over to Willow, making sure the small creature was hidden in her auburn fur. When she was ready she was sure the rat would go off.
“So, who is this other changeling then Willow?” Frostbite said, still holding the rats in her mouth, listening to their squeaks of pain and terror with happiness. She seemed to be smiling at the rats struggling, and she looked toward the cliff.
“So, who is this other changeling then Willow?” Frostbite said, still holding the rats in her mouth, listening to their squeaks of pain and terror with happiness. She seemed to be smiling at the rats struggling, and she looked toward the cliff.
Willow turned his head to observe the red wolf and Frostbite as they fought over the Guardian's treatment of wildlife. He let out a small sigh. It seemed that the two definitely had their differences. Hopefully, there would be no problems when they finally did make it inside the outpost. The Skydancer rolled his eyes when the two ran off into the forest, and decided to use the time to alert the guard at the door of his presence. Willow padded up to the hidden door, knocking a peculiar tune on it before speaking. "Open up, it's me, Willow," he announced. "I've brought the two new Changelings." From the door came a sing-song voice, full of amusement and mirth. "Not until you say the password!" they chirped. Willow growled, gritting his teeth as he raised his voice slightly. "Oh come on, you know it's me! I told you guys that I was coming. You heard me, I know you're just doing this to get under my fur!" The voice laughed, only causing Willow to get more agitated. "Rules are rules, you know you gotta say the password when coming back in. You lost the bet you know!" Willow groaned, looking as if he was about to bash his head into the door. He then leaned into the door, before saying a small poem. The dragon on the other side laughed, then opened the door. It appeared as if Willow had lost a bet with the door guard, and now had to say a poem instead of just the regular password. Still seeing, Willow turned around just in time to see the red wolf and Frostbite returning, with a family of rats with them. Willow let out a small sigh. "I recommend that you eat those now, or else you might get some dirty looks from our smaller Changelings," he called out. He listened to the Guardian's question, humming thoughtfully. "Alpha is our leader, plain and simple. We all look up to her." He then glared at the guard still hidden in the darkness. "Unlike this poor excuse for a Changeling." He huffed before disappearing into the side of the cliff face. The guard, a Pearlcatcher, poked their head out of the doorway. Grinning widely, they waved at the red wolf and Frostbite. "Come on in, the Alpha can't wait to meet you guys!" they laughed.
Willow turned his head to observe the red wolf and Frostbite as they fought over the Guardian's treatment of wildlife. He let out a small sigh. It seemed that the two definitely had their differences. Hopefully, there would be no problems when they finally did make it inside the outpost. The Skydancer rolled his eyes when the two ran off into the forest, and decided to use the time to alert the guard at the door of his presence. Willow padded up to the hidden door, knocking a peculiar tune on it before speaking. "Open up, it's me, Willow," he announced. "I've brought the two new Changelings." From the door came a sing-song voice, full of amusement and mirth. "Not until you say the password!" they chirped. Willow growled, gritting his teeth as he raised his voice slightly. "Oh come on, you know it's me! I told you guys that I was coming. You heard me, I know you're just doing this to get under my fur!" The voice laughed, only causing Willow to get more agitated. "Rules are rules, you know you gotta say the password when coming back in. You lost the bet you know!" Willow groaned, looking as if he was about to bash his head into the door. He then leaned into the door, before saying a small poem. The dragon on the other side laughed, then opened the door. It appeared as if Willow had lost a bet with the door guard, and now had to say a poem instead of just the regular password. Still seeing, Willow turned around just in time to see the red wolf and Frostbite returning, with a family of rats with them. Willow let out a small sigh. "I recommend that you eat those now, or else you might get some dirty looks from our smaller Changelings," he called out. He listened to the Guardian's question, humming thoughtfully. "Alpha is our leader, plain and simple. We all look up to her." He then glared at the guard still hidden in the darkness. "Unlike this poor excuse for a Changeling." He huffed before disappearing into the side of the cliff face. The guard, a Pearlcatcher, poked their head out of the doorway. Grinning widely, they waved at the red wolf and Frostbite. "Come on in, the Alpha can't wait to meet you guys!" they laughed.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif plague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gif Rvkn9sD.png
Frostbite tilted her head back and threw the rat cage into the air, before swallowing them whole. “Alright then.” Frostbite kept her head high from the ground, and calmly walked inside. She slightly bowed to the door guard before walking inside. There must be a big difference about how she treated animals than how she treated dragons.
Frostbite tilted her head back and threw the rat cage into the air, before swallowing them whole. “Alright then.” Frostbite kept her head high from the ground, and calmly walked inside. She slightly bowed to the door guard before walking inside. There must be a big difference about how she treated animals than how she treated dragons.
Dashte heard the rat's cry from her back and inwardly winced. She needed to be quiet or she would be killed! Most likely by Frostbite. She whined softly, but stepped through the door to the lair after Frostbite. Even though the rat had only been with her for maybe 5 minutes, it seemed to sense she was uncomfortable and began to braid her tiny back furs. Dashte really wondered if it was for her comfort, or the rat's. She gave her tiny new friend a grateful look and took another step inside, hearing the door close loudly behind her.
Dashte heard the rat's cry from her back and inwardly winced. She needed to be quiet or she would be killed! Most likely by Frostbite. She whined softly, but stepped through the door to the lair after Frostbite. Even though the rat had only been with her for maybe 5 minutes, it seemed to sense she was uncomfortable and began to braid her tiny back furs. Dashte really wondered if it was for her comfort, or the rat's. She gave her tiny new friend a grateful look and took another step inside, hearing the door close loudly behind her.
The hallway was short, leading to a small spiral staircase. Willow let the two (three if he counted the rat) up the stairs, until he finally came to another door. taking out his radio, he opened a small hatch on the back and took out a folded key. "It's a measure of defense," the Skydancer explained. "It may seem like a bit much, but we can't really afford to lose Changelings in an attack. Lives can be saved with doors like these buying time for us to escape." Willow unlocked the door, pushing it open. The sudden brightness caused him to wince, but he soon stepped out of the doorway so the red wolf and Frostbite could see the outpost for themselves. It looked like a mix between a lobby and an office, with various dragons either lounging about at tables or on couches, or flying around the room carrying papers and equipment. There were multiple doors leading out of the room, a few marked "Sleeping Barracks", "Kitchen", and "Weapons/Equipment" to name a few. "Outposts are made to accommodate almost all of our needs," Willow explained. "For traveling Changelings, they act as a temporary home, while for those that don't move around too much this is just the place we work and learn of our missions and other orders that are given to us." A few dragons waved and called out greetings to Willow, and he gave them a polite nod. "Usually, the Alpha is either out here, or in her office. I don't see her here, so we best be getting to the office then." Willow almost seemed to be talking to himself, as if he was nervous about seeing the Alpha. Either way, he started off towards another door, this one unlabeled.
The hallway was short, leading to a small spiral staircase. Willow let the two (three if he counted the rat) up the stairs, until he finally came to another door. taking out his radio, he opened a small hatch on the back and took out a folded key. "It's a measure of defense," the Skydancer explained. "It may seem like a bit much, but we can't really afford to lose Changelings in an attack. Lives can be saved with doors like these buying time for us to escape." Willow unlocked the door, pushing it open. The sudden brightness caused him to wince, but he soon stepped out of the doorway so the red wolf and Frostbite could see the outpost for themselves. It looked like a mix between a lobby and an office, with various dragons either lounging about at tables or on couches, or flying around the room carrying papers and equipment. There were multiple doors leading out of the room, a few marked "Sleeping Barracks", "Kitchen", and "Weapons/Equipment" to name a few. "Outposts are made to accommodate almost all of our needs," Willow explained. "For traveling Changelings, they act as a temporary home, while for those that don't move around too much this is just the place we work and learn of our missions and other orders that are given to us." A few dragons waved and called out greetings to Willow, and he gave them a polite nod. "Usually, the Alpha is either out here, or in her office. I don't see her here, so we best be getting to the office then." Willow almost seemed to be talking to himself, as if he was nervous about seeing the Alpha. Either way, he started off towards another door, this one unlabeled.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif plague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gif Rvkn9sD.png
Frostbite slowly followed Willow, showing a lot of interest in the door labelled “weapons/equipment”. She turned back to face the door she was being led toward, she was obviously a bit nervous and her eyes had turned a weird mix of a light pink, with a tiny hint of a blue, and her fangs bit her tongue, drawing blood.
Frostbite slowly followed Willow, showing a lot of interest in the door labelled “weapons/equipment”. She turned back to face the door she was being led toward, she was obviously a bit nervous and her eyes had turned a weird mix of a light pink, with a tiny hint of a blue, and her fangs bit her tongue, drawing blood.
Dashte would have gasped if she had been in dragon form. The light from the doorway had momentarily blinded her, but after the initial shock, it was beautiful. There were so many dragons, so many Changelings! She heard Willow explaining something, but it was irrelevant to her. She raced around the room, sniffing table legs and chairs. She even went up to some dragons who recognized her as a Changeling and waved a quick hello. The only thing that disappointing Dashte as she made her way through the room after Willow, was that no dragons were in their animal forms. Quite honestly she loved her form as a red wolf. It gave her freedom to not be judged by dragons, and gave her a second life she could escape to when things became too much. She had also noticed Frostbite's major show of interest in the door labeled for weapons. Hmm. Something to be worried about?
Dashte would have gasped if she had been in dragon form. The light from the doorway had momentarily blinded her, but after the initial shock, it was beautiful. There were so many dragons, so many Changelings! She heard Willow explaining something, but it was irrelevant to her. She raced around the room, sniffing table legs and chairs. She even went up to some dragons who recognized her as a Changeling and waved a quick hello. The only thing that disappointing Dashte as she made her way through the room after Willow, was that no dragons were in their animal forms. Quite honestly she loved her form as a red wolf. It gave her freedom to not be judged by dragons, and gave her a second life she could escape to when things became too much. She had also noticed Frostbite's major show of interest in the door labeled for weapons. Hmm. Something to be worried about?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15