Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Changlings (Open For New Players!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@Moonwatcher2811 If the spot is still open, Dragon Name: Frostbite Dragon URL: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47123961] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471240/47123961_350.png[/img] [/url] Feral Form: polar bear Feral Picture:[img]https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2018/09/931/524/PolarBeariStock.jpg?ve=1&tl=1.png[/img] Personality: a backstabbing warrior that only sees her goals, and will use or manipulate anyone she can to get wherever she needs to be. Family/Friends/Backstory: Acts like a mother to Cane, no one else in the clan is trusted enough to be able to approach her. Backstory is in her bio. Anything Else You'd Like To Add?: Decorates herself with her kills. Her favourite are albatross.
@Moonwatcher2811
If the spot is still open,
Dragon Name: Frostbite
Dragon URL:
47123961_350.png

Feral Form: polar bear
Feral Picture:PolarBeariStock.jpg?ve=1&tl=1.png
Personality: a backstabbing warrior that only sees her goals, and will use or manipulate anyone she can to get wherever she needs to be.
Family/Friends/Backstory: Acts like a mother to Cane, no one else in the clan is trusted enough to be able to approach her. Backstory is in her bio.
Anything Else You'd Like To Add?: Decorates herself with her kills. Her favourite are albatross.
3187-AC53-451-D-4-D07-B73-D-60578-ACB71-F5.jpg
@ShadowFoxclaw
Happy to have you!

@Silverpelt60
@zoology
We're ready to begin!

Dashte opened her mouth in a wide yawn, her canines gleaming in the harsh florescent lights. This. Sucks. She had come here looking for her brother, not to sit for 5 hours! She lashed her tail, hearing it clunk against the oak-wood table. Suddenly the door swung on rusty hinges to open. Dashte sat up straight and looked back at the doorway. In it stood a tiny, tweedy Fae in a small, plaid jacket and glasses. "I- I'm sorry miss. No luck."

She hung her head in disappointment and felt the anger and sadness build inside of her. "Thank you for your time," she said quietly, "I think I'm going to just step outside." Once out of the tiny room she had been trapped in, Dashte took off. She sprinted through the clean hallways on strong muscles and experienced legs. Her talons clicked satisfyingly against the linoleum floors and she felt a rush of excitement build in her. It was so amazing she could just- howl. No, no, no! Her running to escape the sadness and pain just for the joy of it quickly morphed into panic as she rushed through the halls. Soon a window appeared up ahead and, without hesitating for a moment, Dashte threw herself out of it.

The impact of her landing jarred through her bones and deep into her, but she knew she still wasn't safe. She had to run away from the window dragons would soon start to inspect. She needed to go to a place no one would go. Her legs pumped wildly and her eyes strained to find a safe spot on the wide expanse if grass she had leaped onto. Finally, she found her home base. She slid into it and... safe. A cluster of bushes right by a coyote warren. The rule between most predators and dragons in the world was, I leave you alone, you leave me alone. Hunting a coyote may be a fun story to tell your friends, but it would be a dangerous game to play. Dashte knelt down to the ground and happily let the change begin.
@ShadowFoxclaw
Happy to have you!

@Silverpelt60
@zoology
We're ready to begin!

Dashte opened her mouth in a wide yawn, her canines gleaming in the harsh florescent lights. This. Sucks. She had come here looking for her brother, not to sit for 5 hours! She lashed her tail, hearing it clunk against the oak-wood table. Suddenly the door swung on rusty hinges to open. Dashte sat up straight and looked back at the doorway. In it stood a tiny, tweedy Fae in a small, plaid jacket and glasses. "I- I'm sorry miss. No luck."

She hung her head in disappointment and felt the anger and sadness build inside of her. "Thank you for your time," she said quietly, "I think I'm going to just step outside." Once out of the tiny room she had been trapped in, Dashte took off. She sprinted through the clean hallways on strong muscles and experienced legs. Her talons clicked satisfyingly against the linoleum floors and she felt a rush of excitement build in her. It was so amazing she could just- howl. No, no, no! Her running to escape the sadness and pain just for the joy of it quickly morphed into panic as she rushed through the halls. Soon a window appeared up ahead and, without hesitating for a moment, Dashte threw herself out of it.

The impact of her landing jarred through her bones and deep into her, but she knew she still wasn't safe. She had to run away from the window dragons would soon start to inspect. She needed to go to a place no one would go. Her legs pumped wildly and her eyes strained to find a safe spot on the wide expanse if grass she had leaped onto. Finally, she found her home base. She slid into it and... safe. A cluster of bushes right by a coyote warren. The rule between most predators and dragons in the world was, I leave you alone, you leave me alone. Hunting a coyote may be a fun story to tell your friends, but it would be a dangerous game to play. Dashte knelt down to the ground and happily let the change begin.
9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
@Moonwatcher2811
@zoology
@ShadowFoxclaw

(If it's alright, I'd like to make it so that Willow has already been part of the Changelings? Not too long, but enough for him to be able to take newbies under his wing if needed. I'm working on a story on how he got admitted to them in the first place too. If you'd rather him also be new to the Changelings, or one of the founders if the Changelings haven't even been made yet, just let me know and I can change his backstory! ^^')

The Skydancer hummed a small tune as he padded along the trail, ignoring the various calls of shopkeepers as he walked. At this time of day, the market was rather busy, and Willow hated to be caught in the hubbub as all sorts of dragons clustered to snatch what they thought was valuable. It was also quite noisy, as various shopkeepers yelled above the crowd to announce their wares, adding to the disorienting and almost nauseating cloud of words that surrounded the Skydancer. Being able to transform into a snow leopard had drastically increased his hearing, which was great for hunting and surviving in the wild, but plain torturous whenever he was in a densely populated space. Willow grit his teeth and continued to make his way through the crowd, glaring at anyone who bumped into him. At one point, he was shoved straight into some vendor by a particularly rude Snapper. Willow grumbled and hissed various obscenities under his breath, gaze shadowed as he stared after the dragon. He already wasn't in a good mood that day, and his increasing annoyance was only going to make the day worse if he accidentally transformed out of anger. Now that would not be good.

"Oi! Skydansa'!" The dragon running the booth called out to him. Willow turned his head to face the Mirror, one eyebrow raised and his mouth set in a thin, disgruntled line. The Mirror smiled cheekily at him, four eyes shining. "I see yous' interested in m' wares, eh?" The Mirror gestured to his stock, an abundance of potions. He grinned, and Willow noticed the rye sticking out of his teeth. "Well let m' tell ya, give m' tha' crystalline chestplate an' those enchanted fins a' yours, an I'll letcha' take five potions of yous own choosing!" Willow bared his teeth at the Mirror, disgusted at the offer, before stalking away. He could feel the anger bubbling up inside of him, and he knew at this rate he wouldn't be able to stay as a dragon for much longer. Looking around frantically, Willow spotted an opening in the crowd, and a forest not too far off. Perfect. Bracing himself, Willow made a beeline through the opening, dodging in between peeved dragons as he ran. A burst of relief flowed through him when he was finally free of the crowd. Now free to be himself, the Skydancer kept running as he felt his body undergo the transformation he had long since grown used to. His legs became thicker and more muscled, his tail shed its feathers, and his neck and snout underwent the most changes as they turned feline instead of avian. Willow closed his eyes, and when he opened them, his bright purple eyes were staring at the forest as he bounded through it. Finally.

Willow continued to run through the woods until he finally came across some rocks jutting out of the ground, mostly covered in dirt and moss, but the tips were a dry gray and seemed to be warm from the suns rays. Willow purred, laying down on the rocks. He still couldn't help but feel angry at the shopkeeper. His crystalline chestplate was his main source of defense when fighting in his dragon form, and the fins were actually enchanted to help him control his own transformations. Sometimes, when Willow was angry, he couldn't help but turn into a snow leopard. It had led to more than a few accidents. Willow rubbed his wrists where the iron bracers still remained, the only part of his outfit to stay when he changed. As he relaxed, Willow thought to himself. Should he call up the other Changelings on his radio and lament to them about his annoyances? He knew the dragons back there well enough, so he was sure they would listen. Willow pondered the though for a few moments before shaking his head. No, that could wait. If he wanted the annoyance to wear off, now was a good time to rest. Willow exhaled, closing eyes so that they remained open just a little bit as he lay on the rock, allowing the sounds and scents of the forest to fill his senses.
@Moonwatcher2811
@zoology
@ShadowFoxclaw

(If it's alright, I'd like to make it so that Willow has already been part of the Changelings? Not too long, but enough for him to be able to take newbies under his wing if needed. I'm working on a story on how he got admitted to them in the first place too. If you'd rather him also be new to the Changelings, or one of the founders if the Changelings haven't even been made yet, just let me know and I can change his backstory! ^^')

The Skydancer hummed a small tune as he padded along the trail, ignoring the various calls of shopkeepers as he walked. At this time of day, the market was rather busy, and Willow hated to be caught in the hubbub as all sorts of dragons clustered to snatch what they thought was valuable. It was also quite noisy, as various shopkeepers yelled above the crowd to announce their wares, adding to the disorienting and almost nauseating cloud of words that surrounded the Skydancer. Being able to transform into a snow leopard had drastically increased his hearing, which was great for hunting and surviving in the wild, but plain torturous whenever he was in a densely populated space. Willow grit his teeth and continued to make his way through the crowd, glaring at anyone who bumped into him. At one point, he was shoved straight into some vendor by a particularly rude Snapper. Willow grumbled and hissed various obscenities under his breath, gaze shadowed as he stared after the dragon. He already wasn't in a good mood that day, and his increasing annoyance was only going to make the day worse if he accidentally transformed out of anger. Now that would not be good.

"Oi! Skydansa'!" The dragon running the booth called out to him. Willow turned his head to face the Mirror, one eyebrow raised and his mouth set in a thin, disgruntled line. The Mirror smiled cheekily at him, four eyes shining. "I see yous' interested in m' wares, eh?" The Mirror gestured to his stock, an abundance of potions. He grinned, and Willow noticed the rye sticking out of his teeth. "Well let m' tell ya, give m' tha' crystalline chestplate an' those enchanted fins a' yours, an I'll letcha' take five potions of yous own choosing!" Willow bared his teeth at the Mirror, disgusted at the offer, before stalking away. He could feel the anger bubbling up inside of him, and he knew at this rate he wouldn't be able to stay as a dragon for much longer. Looking around frantically, Willow spotted an opening in the crowd, and a forest not too far off. Perfect. Bracing himself, Willow made a beeline through the opening, dodging in between peeved dragons as he ran. A burst of relief flowed through him when he was finally free of the crowd. Now free to be himself, the Skydancer kept running as he felt his body undergo the transformation he had long since grown used to. His legs became thicker and more muscled, his tail shed its feathers, and his neck and snout underwent the most changes as they turned feline instead of avian. Willow closed his eyes, and when he opened them, his bright purple eyes were staring at the forest as he bounded through it. Finally.

Willow continued to run through the woods until he finally came across some rocks jutting out of the ground, mostly covered in dirt and moss, but the tips were a dry gray and seemed to be warm from the suns rays. Willow purred, laying down on the rocks. He still couldn't help but feel angry at the shopkeeper. His crystalline chestplate was his main source of defense when fighting in his dragon form, and the fins were actually enchanted to help him control his own transformations. Sometimes, when Willow was angry, he couldn't help but turn into a snow leopard. It had led to more than a few accidents. Willow rubbed his wrists where the iron bracers still remained, the only part of his outfit to stay when he changed. As he relaxed, Willow thought to himself. Should he call up the other Changelings on his radio and lament to them about his annoyances? He knew the dragons back there well enough, so he was sure they would listen. Willow pondered the though for a few moments before shaking his head. No, that could wait. If he wanted the annoyance to wear off, now was a good time to rest. Willow exhaled, closing eyes so that they remained open just a little bit as he lay on the rock, allowing the sounds and scents of the forest to fill his senses.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif plague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gif Rvkn9sD.png
@Silverpelt60
Whatever you think is great! He can kind of transition everyone into it!
@Silverpelt60
Whatever you think is great! He can kind of transition everyone into it!
Dashte laid on the ground for a second, just relishing the feel of her canine form, before leaping to her paws. She had to stay alert. Be ready for any attack. She padded through the forest on light paws, until a strange scent caught her attention. Her dragon-mind wouldn't have been able to place it, but her wolf-mind could. It smelled of snow and ice and cold. It obviously didn't belong here. She knew she shouldn't go nearer, but her curiosity caught a hold of her and she was drawn nearer to this strange, new animal.

She was conscious that she was steadily creeping closer to a quite populated town, but they probably would just dismiss her as a rare sighting and continue with their day. Maybe a few photos would be taken, but it was illegal to trap or hunt her kind, so her mind was at ease. Nonetheless she would stay in the forest unless this strange creature attacked her. Many times she had gotten out of a though spot by simply running to dragons for help. She knew the location of many conversationalists in town and she knew they would help her out in the blink of an eye. They would take her back to their labs, heal her, study her for a day or two, then release her back into the wild. Sometimes they tried to stick a tracker in her, but they would be found before the day was done and stuck on some other poor animal. Who could know the consequences of one of the scientists finding her in a dragon town, going to collect her to put back in the wild, and seeing a dragon there instead of their prized red wolf? She shook her head part out of pity if that ever happened, and part in frustration. Focus Dashte! She chided herself more in her mind as she drew closer and closer to the object of her attention.
Dashte laid on the ground for a second, just relishing the feel of her canine form, before leaping to her paws. She had to stay alert. Be ready for any attack. She padded through the forest on light paws, until a strange scent caught her attention. Her dragon-mind wouldn't have been able to place it, but her wolf-mind could. It smelled of snow and ice and cold. It obviously didn't belong here. She knew she shouldn't go nearer, but her curiosity caught a hold of her and she was drawn nearer to this strange, new animal.

She was conscious that she was steadily creeping closer to a quite populated town, but they probably would just dismiss her as a rare sighting and continue with their day. Maybe a few photos would be taken, but it was illegal to trap or hunt her kind, so her mind was at ease. Nonetheless she would stay in the forest unless this strange creature attacked her. Many times she had gotten out of a though spot by simply running to dragons for help. She knew the location of many conversationalists in town and she knew they would help her out in the blink of an eye. They would take her back to their labs, heal her, study her for a day or two, then release her back into the wild. Sometimes they tried to stick a tracker in her, but they would be found before the day was done and stuck on some other poor animal. Who could know the consequences of one of the scientists finding her in a dragon town, going to collect her to put back in the wild, and seeing a dragon there instead of their prized red wolf? She shook her head part out of pity if that ever happened, and part in frustration. Focus Dashte! She chided herself more in her mind as she drew closer and closer to the object of her attention.
Frostbite’s feet hit the gravel of the town road. She had heard rumours of rare animals seen around these parts, and dragons would be punished if they were caught hunting them. “If they were caught.” Frostbite thought, raising her wings a little. Frostbite was a hunter, and her mother always told her she had something different about her. She was told she belonged in the icy tundra. She didn’t care how special her mother thought she was. She was going to kill the rare creatures that roamed this town, and no one would stop her. Frostbite was charged for murder on several occasions, and other dragons had grown to fear the guardian, for if they did not, they would find out how she killed, up close and personal.
“So...... a wolf? Ha ha.... don’t think I’ve killed one of those in a while....” She continued walking through the village she was in, scaring away any dragon that got close.
Frostbite’s feet hit the gravel of the town road. She had heard rumours of rare animals seen around these parts, and dragons would be punished if they were caught hunting them. “If they were caught.” Frostbite thought, raising her wings a little. Frostbite was a hunter, and her mother always told her she had something different about her. She was told she belonged in the icy tundra. She didn’t care how special her mother thought she was. She was going to kill the rare creatures that roamed this town, and no one would stop her. Frostbite was charged for murder on several occasions, and other dragons had grown to fear the guardian, for if they did not, they would find out how she killed, up close and personal.
“So...... a wolf? Ha ha.... don’t think I’ve killed one of those in a while....” She continued walking through the village she was in, scaring away any dragon that got close.
Willow's eyes blinked open. How long had he been resting? He shook the fog from his mind, squinting his eyes against the bleary light. Not long, no, not that long at all. Just long enough for his head to get fuzzy, but not long enough for his limbs to truly relax. He stood up easily, stretching as his claws flexed in an out. He refrained from sitting back down, now fully aware and alert. What had caused him to awaken from his brief slumber. His pupils expanded as he surveyed the horizon, sniffing the air for anything out of the ordinary. He hardly dared to breath, still and silent as he assessed what might be wrong. Then, a gentle breeze lifted the scents across the land, and Willow's eyes widened further. Wolf? Yes, wolf. Not like anything he had ever encountered before. No, there was something familiar about it... a red wolf? Yes, that was it! Rare, definitely rare. Weren't those endangered? They tended to stick away from dragons that weren't conservationists. In fact, they tended to stay away from other threatening predators, period. The species was on its last legs, so they mostly stayed in groups for safety. But wouldn't he have scented them when he entered the forest, if this was their natural habitat? Now, Willow could only detect one.

The snow leopard felt his heart speed up when something in his mind clicked. It couldn't be, could it? Another dragon like him? It would certainly make sense, albiet being a rare possibility. It would explain why there was only one when he hadn't detected any others before. It would explain why the scent was nearing him, when a normal animal wouldn't dare approach something that could kill it. The dragon's curiosity would be taking over natural instinct, causing the dragon-turned-wolf to seek him out instead of running away. Excitement replaced the Skydancer's earlier annoyance. The Changelings didn't have a lot of members at the moment, or, a more accurate statement would be to say that they needed to find more of their kind, and fast. But how to go about letting the mysterious wolf know that he was on their side? He hadn't ever really found a new member by himself before, and when he was on the premises whenever a new Changeling was discovered, it was never him interacting with the newbie. Well, there's a first time for everything, right? Willow had just placed his paw on the ground when he suddenly got a chill up his spine. He had to keep himself from shuddering as a horrible scent assaulted his senses. It was a Guardian, one that smelled of death. Willow almost flattened himself against the ground as he started stalking through the brush, eyes wide and alert and ears swiveling to listen to his surroundings. He tried to maintain a quiet yet quick pace.

He needed to find the wolf before this Guardian did, and fast.
Willow's eyes blinked open. How long had he been resting? He shook the fog from his mind, squinting his eyes against the bleary light. Not long, no, not that long at all. Just long enough for his head to get fuzzy, but not long enough for his limbs to truly relax. He stood up easily, stretching as his claws flexed in an out. He refrained from sitting back down, now fully aware and alert. What had caused him to awaken from his brief slumber. His pupils expanded as he surveyed the horizon, sniffing the air for anything out of the ordinary. He hardly dared to breath, still and silent as he assessed what might be wrong. Then, a gentle breeze lifted the scents across the land, and Willow's eyes widened further. Wolf? Yes, wolf. Not like anything he had ever encountered before. No, there was something familiar about it... a red wolf? Yes, that was it! Rare, definitely rare. Weren't those endangered? They tended to stick away from dragons that weren't conservationists. In fact, they tended to stay away from other threatening predators, period. The species was on its last legs, so they mostly stayed in groups for safety. But wouldn't he have scented them when he entered the forest, if this was their natural habitat? Now, Willow could only detect one.

The snow leopard felt his heart speed up when something in his mind clicked. It couldn't be, could it? Another dragon like him? It would certainly make sense, albiet being a rare possibility. It would explain why there was only one when he hadn't detected any others before. It would explain why the scent was nearing him, when a normal animal wouldn't dare approach something that could kill it. The dragon's curiosity would be taking over natural instinct, causing the dragon-turned-wolf to seek him out instead of running away. Excitement replaced the Skydancer's earlier annoyance. The Changelings didn't have a lot of members at the moment, or, a more accurate statement would be to say that they needed to find more of their kind, and fast. But how to go about letting the mysterious wolf know that he was on their side? He hadn't ever really found a new member by himself before, and when he was on the premises whenever a new Changeling was discovered, it was never him interacting with the newbie. Well, there's a first time for everything, right? Willow had just placed his paw on the ground when he suddenly got a chill up his spine. He had to keep himself from shuddering as a horrible scent assaulted his senses. It was a Guardian, one that smelled of death. Willow almost flattened himself against the ground as he started stalking through the brush, eyes wide and alert and ears swiveling to listen to his surroundings. He tried to maintain a quiet yet quick pace.

He needed to find the wolf before this Guardian did, and fast.
plague_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw231.gif plague_acebling_by_cicide76536-dciw235.gif Rvkn9sD.png
Frostbite now stood at the edge of the forest, waiting for any movement. A bird squawked in a high branch, so she grabbed a rock and threw it at the branch. It did miss the bird, but the echo of it hitting the hard wood sounded throughout the forest. She quietly stepped into the forest, and started to look for any of the rare creatures there.
Frostbite now stood at the edge of the forest, waiting for any movement. A bird squawked in a high branch, so she grabbed a rock and threw it at the branch. It did miss the bird, but the echo of it hitting the hard wood sounded throughout the forest. She quietly stepped into the forest, and started to look for any of the rare creatures there.
Dashte kept sniffing the air furiously. The snowy creature was on the move. Using her hyper-active nose to sniff out the animal's exact location she found that it was, in fact, on the move. But for some reason it was moving the wrong way. It was coming towards her. She growled softly and wondered what this creature was doing. Suddenly all scent of her mysterious animal was gone as the musky smell of death filled her nose. It filled her head with images of dead deer she had often found rotting in the garbage of dragons' homes. The empty eye sockets of a dead rabbit, long ago eaten. The sad pelt of a coyote spread across the floor in front of a fireplace. The scent of death mingled with the scent of a female guardian. This dragon would kill her if she found her. Dashte felt that deep in her bones. Stifling a small yelp she flattened her ears to her skull and back into a cluster of bushes. Her eyes were wide with her heart racing in her chest. A dragon would stand a chance against another, but a red wolf against against an experienced hunter? There was a tiny sliver of hope. But it was a tiny one. Then she remembered her mysterious friend. She must be being hunted too! The scent of fear was strong in the air and Dashte knew it wasn't only her own. If this creature was coming towards her then maybe they could fight or escape together! She slowly crept towards the direction of the mountain scent.
Dashte kept sniffing the air furiously. The snowy creature was on the move. Using her hyper-active nose to sniff out the animal's exact location she found that it was, in fact, on the move. But for some reason it was moving the wrong way. It was coming towards her. She growled softly and wondered what this creature was doing. Suddenly all scent of her mysterious animal was gone as the musky smell of death filled her nose. It filled her head with images of dead deer she had often found rotting in the garbage of dragons' homes. The empty eye sockets of a dead rabbit, long ago eaten. The sad pelt of a coyote spread across the floor in front of a fireplace. The scent of death mingled with the scent of a female guardian. This dragon would kill her if she found her. Dashte felt that deep in her bones. Stifling a small yelp she flattened her ears to her skull and back into a cluster of bushes. Her eyes were wide with her heart racing in her chest. A dragon would stand a chance against another, but a red wolf against against an experienced hunter? There was a tiny sliver of hope. But it was a tiny one. Then she remembered her mysterious friend. She must be being hunted too! The scent of fear was strong in the air and Dashte knew it wasn't only her own. If this creature was coming towards her then maybe they could fight or escape together! She slowly crept towards the direction of the mountain scent.
Willow stiffened, suppressing every urge to leap out and attack the Guardian as a bird not too far away from him let out a frightful cry, squawking and chirping relentlessly as it flew off into the trees, leaving behind feathered that floated downwards ever so slowly that had been separated from its plumage when it made its frenzied escape. Even more troubling was the echo of a rock hitter wood at a high speed, the thunk resounding throughout the forest and silencing almost every animal that heard it. Birds ceased their songs. Frogs dipped back into streams to seek shelter under the surface. Rodents stopped their movements and stood still, whiskers twitching. Only bugs continued to buzz and fly, uncaring of the obvious danger. The forest was almost silent as life itself seemed to anxiously anticipate the actions of the scaled intruder. Willow himself hardly dared to breath. But then, the snow leopard remembered something. Just before the rock hit the tree. He had heard a growl, and, yes, a yelp! Perhaps from the wolf. Willow sniffed the air, surprised when he realized the scent did not disappear. Was the wolf continuing to move towards him?

That was his one chance to overpower the hunter. If he teamed up with another predator, perhaps one that was a Changeling just like him, together they would be facing much better odds than they would be if one of them were to take on the Guardian alone. They could either attack the dragon until it fled, or strike and then retreat as fast as their legs would carry them. A snow leopard and a wolf would make a good team, right? Willow sped up, head and eyes looking around wildly to try and spot his mysterious new ally. In the distance, he could also see the ominous form of something big and scaled, adorned with bird skulls and feathers. Willow grit his teeth -- the Guardian. But it hadn't spotted him just yet. He still had time. Willow continued through the brush, trying not to panic, when he suddenly saw it. A flash of red fur, appearing momentarily above the ferns. Willow was about to continue, when the grass in front of him suddenly shook. A snout, covered in orange, brown, and white fur, poked out at him through the greenery. Orange eyes, displaying intelligence, stared at him. Willow could hardly believe his luck, bright purple eyes widening. The wolf appeared much to aware to be a wild red wolf. It was a Changeling. Willow smiled nervously, hopefully a sight that wasn't too scary due to the fact that he was a snow leopard, before he heard something move and stiffened. Willow stared back at where he had first seen the Guardian, his claws unsheathed to dig into the ground.
Willow stiffened, suppressing every urge to leap out and attack the Guardian as a bird not too far away from him let out a frightful cry, squawking and chirping relentlessly as it flew off into the trees, leaving behind feathered that floated downwards ever so slowly that had been separated from its plumage when it made its frenzied escape. Even more troubling was the echo of a rock hitter wood at a high speed, the thunk resounding throughout the forest and silencing almost every animal that heard it. Birds ceased their songs. Frogs dipped back into streams to seek shelter under the surface. Rodents stopped their movements and stood still, whiskers twitching. Only bugs continued to buzz and fly, uncaring of the obvious danger. The forest was almost silent as life itself seemed to anxiously anticipate the actions of the scaled intruder. Willow himself hardly dared to breath. But then, the snow leopard remembered something. Just before the rock hit the tree. He had heard a growl, and, yes, a yelp! Perhaps from the wolf. Willow sniffed the air, surprised when he realized the scent did not disappear. Was the wolf continuing to move towards him?

That was his one chance to overpower the hunter. If he teamed up with another predator, perhaps one that was a Changeling just like him, together they would be facing much better odds than they would be if one of them were to take on the Guardian alone. They could either attack the dragon until it fled, or strike and then retreat as fast as their legs would carry them. A snow leopard and a wolf would make a good team, right? Willow sped up, head and eyes looking around wildly to try and spot his mysterious new ally. In the distance, he could also see the ominous form of something big and scaled, adorned with bird skulls and feathers. Willow grit his teeth -- the Guardian. But it hadn't spotted him just yet. He still had time. Willow continued through the brush, trying not to panic, when he suddenly saw it. A flash of red fur, appearing momentarily above the ferns. Willow was about to continue, when the grass in front of him suddenly shook. A snout, covered in orange, brown, and white fur, poked out at him through the greenery. Orange eyes, displaying intelligence, stared at him. Willow could hardly believe his luck, bright purple eyes widening. The wolf appeared much to aware to be a wild red wolf. It was a Changeling. Willow smiled nervously, hopefully a sight that wasn't too scary due to the fact that he was a snow leopard, before he heard something move and stiffened. Willow stared back at where he had first seen the Guardian, his claws unsheathed to dig into the ground.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15