Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with chibithulu
1 2 3 4 5 6
"Well, I hope you enjoy my company. I haven't really gotten to know my clanmates either; they're kind of cliquish. I just don't seem to fit in with any of them. So it's really nice to just be able to sit down with someone and talk." Goddess smiled at her. "I can't imagine being ruled by my luck. I haven't the slightest idea how I would even check."

"I've only ever been in two clans, and one pawned me off as a child, which is fairly standard. Still, it hurts, you know? And it makes you nervous about what the next clan is going to do to you. Without a real talent, all I can do is hope that the clan leader is gracious enough to let me stay. I'm a party girl though, so that helps."
"Well, I hope you enjoy my company. I haven't really gotten to know my clanmates either; they're kind of cliquish. I just don't seem to fit in with any of them. So it's really nice to just be able to sit down with someone and talk." Goddess smiled at her. "I can't imagine being ruled by my luck. I haven't the slightest idea how I would even check."

"I've only ever been in two clans, and one pawned me off as a child, which is fairly standard. Still, it hurts, you know? And it makes you nervous about what the next clan is going to do to you. Without a real talent, all I can do is hope that the clan leader is gracious enough to let me stay. I'm a party girl though, so that helps."
shadow_banner.png 7e6L4te.png
"Hey, we rough dragons got to stick together! And as for my luck, it just happens, ya'know? It's kinda around that grey area where you find your favorite food and you either decide 'should I eat it or should I not?'." Domino shrugged. Her luck was never something she really expanded on herself. It was just her most used pickup line for other dragons or Clans. Sure, she knew how to swindle and rob, but that can only get you so far before you're turned out on your rump because you didn't get your quota. "I think your clan leader will let you stay. How can they not? You're nice, you're helpful, and you're a great conversationalist!" Domino admitted.
"Hey, we rough dragons got to stick together! And as for my luck, it just happens, ya'know? It's kinda around that grey area where you find your favorite food and you either decide 'should I eat it or should I not?'." Domino shrugged. Her luck was never something she really expanded on herself. It was just her most used pickup line for other dragons or Clans. Sure, she knew how to swindle and rob, but that can only get you so far before you're turned out on your rump because you didn't get your quota. "I think your clan leader will let you stay. How can they not? You're nice, you're helpful, and you're a great conversationalist!" Domino admitted.
rBM002b.gifBcnmqQk.gifr6aND2D.png9aVxwZo.pngKOTMkxd.pnguCEnQTB.gifUTxhrgi.gif
Goddess blushed. She had never been complimented like that. Usually she kept to the sidelines so no one would notice her, but here she was with someone she barely knew and they were getting along great. She might have to try being friendlier in the future. "I don't know how anybody could turn you away, even if you don't meet your quota. It's not right. And I would march right up to anyone and tell them so if they didn't believe me. You have lots to offer a clan, such as dealing with seedy sellers and of course meeting people like me!" She laughed at the last bit.
Goddess blushed. She had never been complimented like that. Usually she kept to the sidelines so no one would notice her, but here she was with someone she barely knew and they were getting along great. She might have to try being friendlier in the future. "I don't know how anybody could turn you away, even if you don't meet your quota. It's not right. And I would march right up to anyone and tell them so if they didn't believe me. You have lots to offer a clan, such as dealing with seedy sellers and of course meeting people like me!" She laughed at the last bit.
((I gotta go for tonight, I'll reply tomorrow))
((I gotta go for tonight, I'll reply tomorrow))
(Boop)
(Boop)
(I am so sorry, I just got so busy with work and stuff at home! I can reply now though)
Domino held back a chuckle in favor of a small smile. She imagined the smaller tundra facing up against her clan leader, a funny thought, but none the sweeter.
"If that's the case, I'd never have to fill a quota again!" Domino replied, shaking her head. "I like the challenge, but, it does get overwhelming." She sighed, following the fire with her eyes. It was hard, trying to please her Clan leader yet also trying to get her job done. She really didn't want to get kicked out again.
"I'd rather deal with shady dragons than deal with my clan leader to be honest," she told Goddess.
(I am so sorry, I just got so busy with work and stuff at home! I can reply now though)
Domino held back a chuckle in favor of a small smile. She imagined the smaller tundra facing up against her clan leader, a funny thought, but none the sweeter.
"If that's the case, I'd never have to fill a quota again!" Domino replied, shaking her head. "I like the challenge, but, it does get overwhelming." She sighed, following the fire with her eyes. It was hard, trying to please her Clan leader yet also trying to get her job done. She really didn't want to get kicked out again.
"I'd rather deal with shady dragons than deal with my clan leader to be honest," she told Goddess.
(No problem! I'm just glad to keep playing when you can.)

"I understand. I'm often nervous around my clan leader, even if he is being nice. I just can't show any special talents to him, and that makes him nervous, so he gets snippy with me. At least with shady dragons you don't have to worry about impressing them. They are what they are, and so are you."

Goddess saw the sadness in Domino's eyes, and wished that she could say something more comforting. "Even if things get bad," she finally said, "You can always find me and I'll find a home for you."
(No problem! I'm just glad to keep playing when you can.)

"I understand. I'm often nervous around my clan leader, even if he is being nice. I just can't show any special talents to him, and that makes him nervous, so he gets snippy with me. At least with shady dragons you don't have to worry about impressing them. They are what they are, and so are you."

Goddess saw the sadness in Domino's eyes, and wished that she could say something more comforting. "Even if things get bad," she finally said, "You can always find me and I'll find a home for you."
"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in case things go wrong," she replied. She turned her head towards the Labyrinth, her mind wondering. "Speaking of that, what do you expect we'll encounter? I've never been anywhere close to here before." Domino narrowed her eyes as she searched.
She flexed her claws nervously, waiting for something to happen in the dull silence. Something that hopefully never came to fruition. "It honestly scares me if I will admit, but, you never heard that from me."
"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in case things go wrong," she replied. She turned her head towards the Labyrinth, her mind wondering. "Speaking of that, what do you expect we'll encounter? I've never been anywhere close to here before." Domino narrowed her eyes as she searched.
She flexed her claws nervously, waiting for something to happen in the dull silence. Something that hopefully never came to fruition. "It honestly scares me if I will admit, but, you never heard that from me."
"Don't worry, like I said before, I can fight quite a few things, and it'll mostly be wild animals if anything." Goddess scooted closer for comfort. "Still, I would hate to meet up with one of the really big beasts. I mean, we wouldn't meet a yeti out here or anything, but maybe a ghost."

That probably wasn't the most comforting thing to say, but she was also trying to stay realistic. "I'm sure we'll be safe tonight. We'll take turns staying awake."
"Don't worry, like I said before, I can fight quite a few things, and it'll mostly be wild animals if anything." Goddess scooted closer for comfort. "Still, I would hate to meet up with one of the really big beasts. I mean, we wouldn't meet a yeti out here or anything, but maybe a ghost."

That probably wasn't the most comforting thing to say, but she was also trying to stay realistic. "I'm sure we'll be safe tonight. We'll take turns staying awake."
"Alright, sounds good to me," Domino said, fluffing up her feathers and curling her tail around herself. She couldn't seem to fall asleep though, something about what came next worried itself into her gut. Perhaps it was just being so far away from her new clan, perhaps it was falling into a false sense of security that kept her awake.
Whatever it was, Domino had learned to trust her instincts, and couldn't keep that sense of dread out of her. She'd only felt like this when she was alone, but she wasn't alone, Goddess was right next to her.
She grumbled, muttering under her breath, keeping her eyes closed to not disturb her partner.
"Alright, sounds good to me," Domino said, fluffing up her feathers and curling her tail around herself. She couldn't seem to fall asleep though, something about what came next worried itself into her gut. Perhaps it was just being so far away from her new clan, perhaps it was falling into a false sense of security that kept her awake.
Whatever it was, Domino had learned to trust her instincts, and couldn't keep that sense of dread out of her. She'd only felt like this when she was alone, but she wasn't alone, Goddess was right next to her.
She grumbled, muttering under her breath, keeping her eyes closed to not disturb her partner.
1 2 3 4 5 6