Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with chibithulu
1 2 3 4 5 6
"Well, we'll see if mining is for you when we get to wherever we're going. That'll narrow down you choices for career changes. I for one am glad you're lucky. It will help with our entire journey." Goddess trudged along, grateful that the ground was solid. She hated mud with a passion. "Let's make sure we're going in the right direction." She stared at the map diligently. "We should be going toward the Labyrinth."
"Well, we'll see if mining is for you when we get to wherever we're going. That'll narrow down you choices for career changes. I for one am glad you're lucky. It will help with our entire journey." Goddess trudged along, grateful that the ground was solid. She hated mud with a passion. "Let's make sure we're going in the right direction." She stared at the map diligently. "We should be going toward the Labyrinth."
shadow_banner.png 7e6L4te.png
"Good, that means we can stop for fish," Domino looked down at the ground, and stuck out her tongue. "And not run into any mud or complications..." She shut her mouth and eyed a blue butterfly passing by. "Odd for something like this to be seen here...I say we follow it," Domino suggested, tracking the butterfly's precise movements as it landed from sparse flower to sparse flower. "Wait, you have that chart. Does it say that butterflies of a bright blue color live here?"
"Good, that means we can stop for fish," Domino looked down at the ground, and stuck out her tongue. "And not run into any mud or complications..." She shut her mouth and eyed a blue butterfly passing by. "Odd for something like this to be seen here...I say we follow it," Domino suggested, tracking the butterfly's precise movements as it landed from sparse flower to sparse flower. "Wait, you have that chart. Does it say that butterflies of a bright blue color live here?"
rBM002b.gifBcnmqQk.gifr6aND2D.png9aVxwZo.pngKOTMkxd.pnguCEnQTB.gifUTxhrgi.gif
"Hmm, let me check... No. This is odd. There's no indication of bright blue butterflies being here. It must have gotten lost. I think this is the perfect opportunity to check your luck! We should definitely follow it." Goddess was extremely excited to be following a bug around. Who knew where they were going to end up? She crept along the ground, keeping careful watch on the butterfly. If Domino was right, and she was lucky, they were going to find something incredibly interesting.
"Hmm, let me check... No. This is odd. There's no indication of bright blue butterflies being here. It must have gotten lost. I think this is the perfect opportunity to check your luck! We should definitely follow it." Goddess was extremely excited to be following a bug around. Who knew where they were going to end up? She crept along the ground, keeping careful watch on the butterfly. If Domino was right, and she was lucky, they were going to find something incredibly interesting.
"Good, I'll try my best not to eat it," Domino replied, crouching down and stalking the butterfly with Goddess up ahead. She sure hoped it led to something good, and not led them on a wild goose chase into the Wasteland and instead somewhere nice in the Labyrinth, not that the Labyrinth would be good, it is a big maze. "Hopefully, it leads us to a river, and we can stop and rest," Domino whispered.
"Good, I'll try my best not to eat it," Domino replied, crouching down and stalking the butterfly with Goddess up ahead. She sure hoped it led to something good, and not led them on a wild goose chase into the Wasteland and instead somewhere nice in the Labyrinth, not that the Labyrinth would be good, it is a big maze. "Hopefully, it leads us to a river, and we can stop and rest," Domino whispered.
"The butterfly is nice and safe, at least," Goddess whispered. They followed it for awhile, and it did indeed lead them to water, where she sighed a breath of relief. "Thank goodness. You had the right instincts." Goddess sat down. "We can make a small camp here for the night and start again in the morning when we can actually see the map."
"The butterfly is nice and safe, at least," Goddess whispered. They followed it for awhile, and it did indeed lead them to water, where she sighed a breath of relief. "Thank goodness. You had the right instincts." Goddess sat down. "We can make a small camp here for the night and start again in the morning when we can actually see the map."
Domino let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in, grateful for the excuse to rest. She headed over to the river, sticking her talons in and rising them off, giving her a chance to scan the area. The borders between the Labyrinth and the Woods was a stark contrast. The sun almost never peaked through the trees, where the sun almost seemed bountiful over here, even when it was sunrise. Life sounded plentiful across the river, whereas it was deathly silent behind her. Domino shivered, wishing she was a large Imperial right at this moment. Not that it would do either of them any good. Instead of blending in (not that she blended in once they permanently left the border), she truthfully would be a large walking target. Something that would hurt more than help.
"I can see if I can start a fire," Domino offered, taking her talons out of the water and scanning the area for any dry shrubs
Domino let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in, grateful for the excuse to rest. She headed over to the river, sticking her talons in and rising them off, giving her a chance to scan the area. The borders between the Labyrinth and the Woods was a stark contrast. The sun almost never peaked through the trees, where the sun almost seemed bountiful over here, even when it was sunrise. Life sounded plentiful across the river, whereas it was deathly silent behind her. Domino shivered, wishing she was a large Imperial right at this moment. Not that it would do either of them any good. Instead of blending in (not that she blended in once they permanently left the border), she truthfully would be a large walking target. Something that would hurt more than help.
"I can see if I can start a fire," Domino offered, taking her talons out of the water and scanning the area for any dry shrubs
Goddess tried to hide her relief. This was exactly where they needed to be as far as she was concerned, and it was the perfect place to hide out for the night. She was a little worried about starting a fire and catching something's attention, but most things were afraid of fire, so there was nothing really for her to worry about. She started gathering soft plants for them to lay down on.

After she was satisfied with the state of their campsite, she began fishing with her claws. She wasn't nearly as good as the official fisher for the clan, but she could gather enough for a night's worth of food, along with a little extra for the journey. She chomped down on a fish, happily munching as she waited for Domino to start the fire.
Goddess tried to hide her relief. This was exactly where they needed to be as far as she was concerned, and it was the perfect place to hide out for the night. She was a little worried about starting a fire and catching something's attention, but most things were afraid of fire, so there was nothing really for her to worry about. She started gathering soft plants for them to lay down on.

After she was satisfied with the state of their campsite, she began fishing with her claws. She wasn't nearly as good as the official fisher for the clan, but she could gather enough for a night's worth of food, along with a little extra for the journey. She chomped down on a fish, happily munching as she waited for Domino to start the fire.
Domino stuck her tongue out at Goddess. "I don't know how you can stand to eat fish, there's something so...slimy about them. I'll stick to bugs and plants, thank you very much," she declared, heading back towards the Woods to go find some dried shrubs.
Branches crackled underneath her talons, so it seemed that she didn't have to go far to find dead things in the Woods. Picking up a few in her mouth, she brought them back to the makeshift camp and started working on it. After struggling to get the branches on fire via 'Survival 101' her Clan Hunter had taught her, the blaze started to ignite, and she let out a cheer. Domino covered her mouth quickly, looking at Goddess before looking back at the woods. "I swear if something comes at us I'm blaming this fire."
Domino stuck her tongue out at Goddess. "I don't know how you can stand to eat fish, there's something so...slimy about them. I'll stick to bugs and plants, thank you very much," she declared, heading back towards the Woods to go find some dried shrubs.
Branches crackled underneath her talons, so it seemed that she didn't have to go far to find dead things in the Woods. Picking up a few in her mouth, she brought them back to the makeshift camp and started working on it. After struggling to get the branches on fire via 'Survival 101' her Clan Hunter had taught her, the blaze started to ignite, and she let out a cheer. Domino covered her mouth quickly, looking at Goddess before looking back at the woods. "I swear if something comes at us I'm blaming this fire."
Goddess laughed. "I'm sure we're going to be safe for the night. If you really feel nervous, we can take turns staying up and watching the camp. We won't exactly feel rested in the morning, but it could save us some trouble."

"And what's wrong with fish? I don't see me slurping down slugs and worms," she said, shuddering at the thought. "I would much rather have my own diet."

Goddess rolled over onto her back, an odd position for any dragon, but she looked surprisingly comfortable. "So, tell me about yourself. Besides being lucky of course."
Goddess laughed. "I'm sure we're going to be safe for the night. If you really feel nervous, we can take turns staying up and watching the camp. We won't exactly feel rested in the morning, but it could save us some trouble."

"And what's wrong with fish? I don't see me slurping down slugs and worms," she said, shuddering at the thought. "I would much rather have my own diet."

Goddess rolled over onto her back, an odd position for any dragon, but she looked surprisingly comfortable. "So, tell me about yourself. Besides being lucky of course."
Domino smiled, laying down on the leaf beds Goddess prepared. "Honestly, I couldn't tell you much. I've always found that my luck fluctuates, and because of that, I'm a drifter. I've been to three different Clans before I found the one I'm currently in," she told her friend, placing her talons in front of the fire. "I'd much rather be lazy than a scavenger. Too much to do and too little time to do it."
Domino sighed, keeping her grin while thinking. "I don't even know my new clanmates as much as I'd like to. Certainly never had to talk with them for this long. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but it's new."
Domino smiled, laying down on the leaf beds Goddess prepared. "Honestly, I couldn't tell you much. I've always found that my luck fluctuates, and because of that, I'm a drifter. I've been to three different Clans before I found the one I'm currently in," she told her friend, placing her talons in front of the fire. "I'd much rather be lazy than a scavenger. Too much to do and too little time to do it."
Domino sighed, keeping her grin while thinking. "I don't even know my new clanmates as much as I'd like to. Certainly never had to talk with them for this long. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but it's new."
1 2 3 4 5 6