Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Song of Angels
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 61 62
Rievic
He had to stifle a sigh as he caught the other male's words. How could he forget that task? He decided to dampen that little bit of irritation that popped up and started to walk out into the town marketplace. Drinking his coffee as he went, he slipped in between the opening booths and dodged the people that had just come out to buy their various wares. Scanning his surroundings, he tried to search for the library. Hopefully, the place was open at this hour so he could get a head-start on the research. Plus, it would give him something else to focus on.

Novicri
He raised an eyebrow, but nodded. "Sounds fair, I guess. Me? I like to use my short blade most of the time, but I will turn to using my throwing knives if it's a last resort." He stood up. "Perhaps we could see what your skills amount to later," he said, tilting his head a little. It would certainly be an interesting event to watch or take part in.
Rievic
He had to stifle a sigh as he caught the other male's words. How could he forget that task? He decided to dampen that little bit of irritation that popped up and started to walk out into the town marketplace. Drinking his coffee as he went, he slipped in between the opening booths and dodged the people that had just come out to buy their various wares. Scanning his surroundings, he tried to search for the library. Hopefully, the place was open at this hour so he could get a head-start on the research. Plus, it would give him something else to focus on.

Novicri
He raised an eyebrow, but nodded. "Sounds fair, I guess. Me? I like to use my short blade most of the time, but I will turn to using my throwing knives if it's a last resort." He stood up. "Perhaps we could see what your skills amount to later," he said, tilting his head a little. It would certainly be an interesting event to watch or take part in.
8MeHksm.png Reveurs
» Coliseum Services

» Moodboards

» Art Shop
EoHMma6.png
Yul
He chuckled. "I am all in. But now i should go afer Rievic and find the library. See you later." He stood up and waved as he left the building. On the street he looked left and right. Then he sighed. He had no clue were the library was. The library in his town was near the town hall, so he decided to go there.

On the marketplace near the town hall, he decided to look around a bit. One booth had some pendants that incresed the level of one magic abilities. At least that was what the owner promised. He had to bite back a laugh. The merchant was clearly lying. Magical abilities could only be strenghtened by practice. Luckly he spotted the library before he took apart the merchant verbaly.

Miu
"Guess we should get going to", she exclaimed and stood up. Then she grabbed Novicri by the hand and walked in the direction of the town hall. On the market she looked at the weapon booths for throwing knives. But only found one with them. She turned to her partner. "So, what do you think of these?", she asked.
Yul
He chuckled. "I am all in. But now i should go afer Rievic and find the library. See you later." He stood up and waved as he left the building. On the street he looked left and right. Then he sighed. He had no clue were the library was. The library in his town was near the town hall, so he decided to go there.

On the marketplace near the town hall, he decided to look around a bit. One booth had some pendants that incresed the level of one magic abilities. At least that was what the owner promised. He had to bite back a laugh. The merchant was clearly lying. Magical abilities could only be strenghtened by practice. Luckly he spotted the library before he took apart the merchant verbaly.

Miu
"Guess we should get going to", she exclaimed and stood up. Then she grabbed Novicri by the hand and walked in the direction of the town hall. On the market she looked at the weapon booths for throwing knives. But only found one with them. She turned to her partner. "So, what do you think of these?", she asked.
button_2_by_storm_of_the_past-dcpdsn3.png
Rievic
After another few minutes of walking, he quietly entered the rustic building and moved to look through the different sections to see if any titles stood out to him regarding collections of folk tales. He stopped by one such book and pulled it out with his free hand, the other still holding his coffee. He leaned back on a leg and started to open it, intending to peruse and flip through the pages. Quietly looking--and reading--through the pages, he made a mental note on some of the contents that seemed to be promising or would lead to any other mentions of artefacts. Not wanting to let any other distractions interrupt his focus, he dutifully ignored his surroundings as he took a sip of his drink every now and then.

Novicri
He allowed himself to be dragged to the marketplace. Once they stopped at a particular weapons booth and Miu had turned to him, asking for his opinion, he had moved forward to inspect the knives. They were, remarkably, in good condition and he found his gaze lingering on quite a few of them. He pointed three of them out to Miu. "I think these would work for your first ones." Then, he picked up another that had caught his attention and scanned it. Yep, he would be happy to have this one in his collection. He moved to buy it, handing the money over to the vendor.
Rievic
After another few minutes of walking, he quietly entered the rustic building and moved to look through the different sections to see if any titles stood out to him regarding collections of folk tales. He stopped by one such book and pulled it out with his free hand, the other still holding his coffee. He leaned back on a leg and started to open it, intending to peruse and flip through the pages. Quietly looking--and reading--through the pages, he made a mental note on some of the contents that seemed to be promising or would lead to any other mentions of artefacts. Not wanting to let any other distractions interrupt his focus, he dutifully ignored his surroundings as he took a sip of his drink every now and then.

Novicri
He allowed himself to be dragged to the marketplace. Once they stopped at a particular weapons booth and Miu had turned to him, asking for his opinion, he had moved forward to inspect the knives. They were, remarkably, in good condition and he found his gaze lingering on quite a few of them. He pointed three of them out to Miu. "I think these would work for your first ones." Then, he picked up another that had caught his attention and scanned it. Yep, he would be happy to have this one in his collection. He moved to buy it, handing the money over to the vendor.
8MeHksm.png Reveurs
» Coliseum Services

» Moodboards

» Art Shop
EoHMma6.png
Yul
He entered the building and went to look for Rievic and books on folktales. After moving around a bit he found an interesting book on mermaid songs. It wasn't related to what he was looking for, but something pulled him to it. Now with the book in hand and a few others, he went over to Rievic, who he spotted on the way. He was balancing a book and his coffee, while reading the first. He didn't want to surprise him, so Yul just stood next to him, hoping he would be noticed.

Miu
She bought the knives Novicri pointed out to her and smiled up at him. "Thanks. I owe you one", she said and skipped off happily in direction of the town hall.
Once inside she went straight to the room they were in yesterday and knocked.
Yul
He entered the building and went to look for Rievic and books on folktales. After moving around a bit he found an interesting book on mermaid songs. It wasn't related to what he was looking for, but something pulled him to it. Now with the book in hand and a few others, he went over to Rievic, who he spotted on the way. He was balancing a book and his coffee, while reading the first. He didn't want to surprise him, so Yul just stood next to him, hoping he would be noticed.

Miu
She bought the knives Novicri pointed out to her and smiled up at him. "Thanks. I owe you one", she said and skipped off happily in direction of the town hall.
Once inside she went straight to the room they were in yesterday and knocked.
Rievic
Upon tilting his head a bit to take another sip, he caught a glimpse of Yul out of his peripheral vision. The other male was just standing there. The thought made him tense and he slowly brought his hand down from where he held the lip of the glass to his mouth. "What?" He didn't move his gaze to him as they just fixed on a spot in the book, seeming like he was still reading and thinking. However, the words weren't processing for him.

Novicri
He nodded when Miu had said her thanks. As she skipped out of the marketplace, much to his amusement at the sight, he followed behind her, tucking his newly-purchased weapon away into his pack. He would have to get two new holsters made for the two blades he had bought. But, that was for later. He would have to make do with the ones he had now. Glancing up from where he was closing his pack, he had stopped just behind Miu when she knocked on the door to the room from yesterday and decided to patiently wait until the adviser bid them to enter.
Rievic
Upon tilting his head a bit to take another sip, he caught a glimpse of Yul out of his peripheral vision. The other male was just standing there. The thought made him tense and he slowly brought his hand down from where he held the lip of the glass to his mouth. "What?" He didn't move his gaze to him as they just fixed on a spot in the book, seeming like he was still reading and thinking. However, the words weren't processing for him.

Novicri
He nodded when Miu had said her thanks. As she skipped out of the marketplace, much to his amusement at the sight, he followed behind her, tucking his newly-purchased weapon away into his pack. He would have to get two new holsters made for the two blades he had bought. But, that was for later. He would have to make do with the ones he had now. Glancing up from where he was closing his pack, he had stopped just behind Miu when she knocked on the door to the room from yesterday and decided to patiently wait until the adviser bid them to enter.
8MeHksm.png Reveurs
» Coliseum Services

» Moodboards

» Art Shop
EoHMma6.png
Yul
He sighed when Rievic didn't even look at him. Why did he had to be so cold. It got on his nerves. Instead of probably causing trouble with adressing this, he simply looked at the book in the otherones hands. "Found something interesting? It might help, if you sit down. But that is your decision. I am over there, if you need me." He pointed at a table not far from them and went to sit down. He placed the books next to him and started with a book about desert folktales.

Miu
After the adviser bid them to enter, Miu opened the door and went in, followed by Novicri. The adviser was sitting behind his desk and looked surprised. "What brings you here?", he asked defensively. She smiled at him. "We apologise for interupting you, but we have a slight problem and we wondered if you could help us?", she asked sweetly. The human sat back in his chair and folded his hands above the table. "I knew you were useless for us. We asked for warriors, not children. Just find the artefakt or die trying", he spat out. Miu looked at him shooked. She was confused, he was so nice the other day. She tried to hold back her tears but didn't quite manage. She was taff most of the time, but she couldn't handle verbal abuse.
Yul
He sighed when Rievic didn't even look at him. Why did he had to be so cold. It got on his nerves. Instead of probably causing trouble with adressing this, he simply looked at the book in the otherones hands. "Found something interesting? It might help, if you sit down. But that is your decision. I am over there, if you need me." He pointed at a table not far from them and went to sit down. He placed the books next to him and started with a book about desert folktales.

Miu
After the adviser bid them to enter, Miu opened the door and went in, followed by Novicri. The adviser was sitting behind his desk and looked surprised. "What brings you here?", he asked defensively. She smiled at him. "We apologise for interupting you, but we have a slight problem and we wondered if you could help us?", she asked sweetly. The human sat back in his chair and folded his hands above the table. "I knew you were useless for us. We asked for warriors, not children. Just find the artefakt or die trying", he spat out. Miu looked at him shooked. She was confused, he was so nice the other day. She tried to hold back her tears but didn't quite manage. She was taff most of the time, but she couldn't handle verbal abuse.
Rievic
After Yul had left, he finished the last dregs of his coffee and blew a breath out. He was left alone once more yet the offer still nagged at him. He just stood there for a moment, staring at the page still before he let out a low growl and snapped the book closed. He had the page number in his mind so he could quickly flip back through the contents. Glancing up at the shelf, he thumbed the bottom of the glass before he set it down on the floor for just a moment.

Picking up the couple of books that had snagged his attention earlier, he threw them on top of the one that he was reading through. Smoothly bending down to the floor to pick up the empty glass, he set it on top of the small pile and stalked over to the table. Setting the books down on the wooden surface with a dull thud, he caught the glass when it bounced and set it down beside the books. Seating himself, he crossed a leg over on top of the other and picked up the volume he had been reading earlier. Why did he come here? He didn't know apart from the usefulness of having another perspective on things. It was strange.

Novicri
He stared at the human, ire flashing in his gaze. How dare he label them as children and call them useless? He stole a brief glance at Miu and saw that she looked distressed. This made him narrow his eyes and snap his head back to the adviser. Stepping forward so that he was slightly in front of Miu now, he said, "What did we do to have you call us useless? We didn't even do anything yet. Look, we only came here to ask for your help, not try and start something."
Rievic
After Yul had left, he finished the last dregs of his coffee and blew a breath out. He was left alone once more yet the offer still nagged at him. He just stood there for a moment, staring at the page still before he let out a low growl and snapped the book closed. He had the page number in his mind so he could quickly flip back through the contents. Glancing up at the shelf, he thumbed the bottom of the glass before he set it down on the floor for just a moment.

Picking up the couple of books that had snagged his attention earlier, he threw them on top of the one that he was reading through. Smoothly bending down to the floor to pick up the empty glass, he set it on top of the small pile and stalked over to the table. Setting the books down on the wooden surface with a dull thud, he caught the glass when it bounced and set it down beside the books. Seating himself, he crossed a leg over on top of the other and picked up the volume he had been reading earlier. Why did he come here? He didn't know apart from the usefulness of having another perspective on things. It was strange.

Novicri
He stared at the human, ire flashing in his gaze. How dare he label them as children and call them useless? He stole a brief glance at Miu and saw that she looked distressed. This made him narrow his eyes and snap his head back to the adviser. Stepping forward so that he was slightly in front of Miu now, he said, "What did we do to have you call us useless? We didn't even do anything yet. Look, we only came here to ask for your help, not try and start something."
8MeHksm.png Reveurs
» Coliseum Services

» Moodboards

» Art Shop
EoHMma6.png
Yul
He smiled a little when he heard books dropping on the table, but didn't look up. Yet he was proud of himself and relieved, that Rievic came over to him. Then he focused back on his book. Most of the tales were about People being lost to the desert in one way or another, but one was about a lone magican that was buried in an oasis in a small mountain range. According to the story the entrance was a crack in the stone, big enough for people to fit through. He hummed, while thinking. This sounded promising, so he pushed the book over to Rievic. "What do you think of this?"

Miu
She grabed Novicri's shirt and moved closer to him. Glad that he stepped in front of her. "You should be off looking for the artefakt, yet you are still here. If we knew everything, then we would look for it ourselves, but we don't and now go and don't waste my time", the adviser shouted at them. "We just want to know what the artefakt looks like", she added quiet. "I told you yesterday, that it lookes like a box with angels on it. Are you to stupid to listen little girl?" At that she really started crying, hiding her face in Novicri's back.
Yul
He smiled a little when he heard books dropping on the table, but didn't look up. Yet he was proud of himself and relieved, that Rievic came over to him. Then he focused back on his book. Most of the tales were about People being lost to the desert in one way or another, but one was about a lone magican that was buried in an oasis in a small mountain range. According to the story the entrance was a crack in the stone, big enough for people to fit through. He hummed, while thinking. This sounded promising, so he pushed the book over to Rievic. "What do you think of this?"

Miu
She grabed Novicri's shirt and moved closer to him. Glad that he stepped in front of her. "You should be off looking for the artefakt, yet you are still here. If we knew everything, then we would look for it ourselves, but we don't and now go and don't waste my time", the adviser shouted at them. "We just want to know what the artefakt looks like", she added quiet. "I told you yesterday, that it lookes like a box with angels on it. Are you to stupid to listen little girl?" At that she really started crying, hiding her face in Novicri's back.
Rievic
He was flipping back to the page he was on prior to Yul interrupting him when said male pushed his own book over. Grabbing it and leaning back as he read the story, his finger inaudibly tapping against the cover, he thought of the possibilities that had arisen. "It could be something. Might need to ask Novicri if he's ever heard of it," he said, setting the book down on the table again. "Here." He pushed his own book over to the male. "Check that page. It mentions an artefact of some sort here and there."

Novicri
He let out a low growl as he heard Miu start to cry, her voice muffled as it was. "She's not a child. If you don't want us to bother you again, fine by me. Thanks for the information," he snapped at the human and started to turn around. Gently grabbing Miu's arm, he led her out of the room and slammed the door shut behind them. Heading outside of the town hall, he soon stopped at the base of the steps and turned around to the female. "Are you okay?" he asked quietly.
Rievic
He was flipping back to the page he was on prior to Yul interrupting him when said male pushed his own book over. Grabbing it and leaning back as he read the story, his finger inaudibly tapping against the cover, he thought of the possibilities that had arisen. "It could be something. Might need to ask Novicri if he's ever heard of it," he said, setting the book down on the table again. "Here." He pushed his own book over to the male. "Check that page. It mentions an artefact of some sort here and there."

Novicri
He let out a low growl as he heard Miu start to cry, her voice muffled as it was. "She's not a child. If you don't want us to bother you again, fine by me. Thanks for the information," he snapped at the human and started to turn around. Gently grabbing Miu's arm, he led her out of the room and slammed the door shut behind them. Heading outside of the town hall, he soon stopped at the base of the steps and turned around to the female. "Are you okay?" he asked quietly.
8MeHksm.png Reveurs
» Coliseum Services

» Moodboards

» Art Shop
EoHMma6.png
Yul
He nodded at Rievic's words and looked at the book of the other male. "Sounds good. This would be easier if we knew what it looked like. That stupid adviser." He growled a bit at the thought of the man, but calmed down fast again and started to look at another book.

Miu
She followed Novicri outside, trying to calm down again. When he stopped and asked her, if she was ok, she nodded. "It's ok again. Sorry, I wasn't a big help and thank you." She smiled at him thankfully and wiped away her tears. "We should go and tell Yul and Rievic." She was still shaken by the experience and clenched her hand in order to stop the trembling. Now she understood, why Yul was so angry.
Yul
He nodded at Rievic's words and looked at the book of the other male. "Sounds good. This would be easier if we knew what it looked like. That stupid adviser." He growled a bit at the thought of the man, but calmed down fast again and started to look at another book.

Miu
She followed Novicri outside, trying to calm down again. When he stopped and asked her, if she was ok, she nodded. "It's ok again. Sorry, I wasn't a big help and thank you." She smiled at him thankfully and wiped away her tears. "We should go and tell Yul and Rievic." She was still shaken by the experience and clenched her hand in order to stop the trembling. Now she understood, why Yul was so angry.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 61 62