Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [OOC]Coronation at Sunreach[FantasyRP]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][u][b]Coronation at Sunreach[/b][/u][/center] [center][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2442026]IC Thread[/url][/b][/center] The Empress Maudeleyn, ruler of the Deteron Empire, is dead. Her heir is due to be crowned, but such an event is not done lightly. Nobles from inside and outside the Empire have come to pay their respects to the dead and celebrate the living. At the palace, they attend feasts, balls, and ceremonies. But despite all their shows of condolence, the nobility are not here to grieve. This is the ultimate place to forge alliances, size up rivals, and court potential partners. The party’s pretty good, too… Assassins are attracted to so many rich nobles like bears to a beehive. Where better to make a move, with so many suspects, and so much bustle? The nobility are not alone, either. Bodyguards, servants, and other residents of the palace manage the work that keeps the world running while the nobility and assassins play their games of words and knives. This is a spin-off of In Shadows. In this game, you will be playing a member of the nobility, an assassin, or someone else who would be at the palace (servants, guards, etc.). If you want to play the heir being crowned, or a relative of the Empress, talk to me in the OOC about what you have in mind briefly before submitting. [center][b]Rules[/b][/center] [LIST] [*]Characters may be humans or non-humans, but must have a humanoid form if they are a fantasy creature. [*]Wait for your character to be accepted before posting. [*]No more than 3 characters per person active at once. [*]Please use the default font size and black color for your character sheet and posts. [*]Keep up with the OOC thread, and engage in OOC conversation to keep the game flowing. [*]If you are waiting on someone to reply, and they have not responded, wait for 48 hours from your last post. Then, tactfully figure out an explanation to remove the character from the scene, or remove your character from the their character’s presence. [*]You are encouraged to add details to the scene, create and control NPCs, and to insert plot elements. If you’re going to take the scene in a drastically different direction or otherwise change things up a great deal, ask first. You can also specify whether other players are allowed to control and/or play with aspects you’ve added to the plot and NPCs. [/LIST] [center][b]Submit a Character[/b][/center] [code] [b]Name: [/b] [b]Age: [/b] [b]Gender: [/b] [b]Sexuality: [/b] [Optional] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Occupation/Rank: [Check the About the World section for info on nobility ranks within the empire. If your character is a noble or royal from outside the empire, they may have any rank appropriate to their origins and station.] [b]Appearance: [/b] [b]Personality: [/b] [b]Background: [/b] [In addition to other background details, if your character is royalty/nobility outside of the Empire, describe their country/kingdom of origin and any important relations with the Empire (ally of convenience, trade rival, former enemy. If your character is royalty/nobility from inside the Empire, describe their influence and reputation in the political landscape. If your character is not nobility, you can describe whether they work for the Palace/royal family, an NPC noble of your own creation, or another player’s noble character. Check out the OOC thread to ask people if that’s okay first!] [b]Other:[/b] [/code] This RPG will involve nobilty, assassins, and potentially other sorts of nobility adjacent characters like servants and bodyguards if other people want to join! For those out of the loop, I've pinged people that had their characters rejected from another RPG. Don't worry about rules or exact character sheet structure for now, and feel free to hang out in this thread to figure things out. Spin-off time! @.Zayjay @.Lopai @.TruthandLies @.FlamesEmbrace @.Tanzz @.yuuichiro @.Tibs @.thephantomwolf I spent too long on those character sheets of mine for them to go to waste. If you're interested in trying to discuss some kinda rpg with other people who didn't get into the In Shadows rpg, let's talk about it here.
Coronation at Sunreach
The Empress Maudeleyn, ruler of the Deteron Empire, is dead.

Her heir is due to be crowned, but such an event is not done lightly. Nobles from inside and outside the Empire have come to pay their respects to the dead and celebrate the living. At the palace, they attend feasts, balls, and ceremonies. But despite all their shows of condolence, the nobility are not here to grieve. This is the ultimate place to forge alliances, size up rivals, and court potential partners.

The party’s pretty good, too…

Assassins are attracted to so many rich nobles like bears to a beehive. Where better to make a move, with so many suspects, and so much bustle? The nobility are not alone, either. Bodyguards, servants, and other residents of the palace manage the work that keeps the world running while the nobility and assassins play their games of words and knives.

This is a spin-off of In Shadows.

In this game, you will be playing a member of the nobility, an assassin, or someone else who would be at the palace (servants, guards, etc.).

If you want to play the heir being crowned, or a relative of the Empress, talk to me in the OOC about what you have in mind briefly before submitting.

Rules
  • Characters may be humans or non-humans, but must have a humanoid form if they are a fantasy creature.
  • Wait for your character to be accepted before posting.
  • No more than 3 characters per person active at once.
  • Please use the default font size and black color for your character sheet and posts.
  • Keep up with the OOC thread, and engage in OOC conversation to keep the game flowing.
  • If you are waiting on someone to reply, and they have not responded, wait for 48 hours from your last post. Then, tactfully figure out an explanation to remove the character from the scene, or remove your character from the their character’s presence.
  • You are encouraged to add details to the scene, create and control NPCs, and to insert plot elements. If you’re going to take the scene in a drastically different direction or otherwise change things up a great deal, ask first. You can also specify whether other players are allowed to control and/or play with aspects you’ve added to the plot and NPCs.

Submit a Character
Code:
[b]Name: [/b] [b]Age: [/b] [b]Gender: [/b] [b]Sexuality: [/b] [Optional] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Occupation/Rank: [Check the About the World section for info on nobility ranks within the empire. If your character is a noble or royal from outside the empire, they may have any rank appropriate to their origins and station.] [b]Appearance: [/b] [b]Personality: [/b] [b]Background: [/b] [In addition to other background details, if your character is royalty/nobility outside of the Empire, describe their country/kingdom of origin and any important relations with the Empire (ally of convenience, trade rival, former enemy. If your character is royalty/nobility from inside the Empire, describe their influence and reputation in the political landscape. If your character is not nobility, you can describe whether they work for the Palace/royal family, an NPC noble of your own creation, or another player’s noble character. Check out the OOC thread to ask people if that’s okay first!] [b]Other:[/b]

This RPG will involve nobilty, assassins, and potentially other sorts of nobility adjacent characters like servants and bodyguards if other people want to join! For those out of the loop, I've pinged people that had their characters rejected from another RPG. Don't worry about rules or exact character sheet structure for now, and feel free to hang out in this thread to figure things out.

Spin-off time!

@.Zayjay @.Lopai @.TruthandLies @.FlamesEmbrace @.Tanzz @.yuuichiro @.Tibs @.thephantomwolf

I spent too long on those character sheets of mine for them to go to waste. If you're interested in trying to discuss some kinda rpg with other people who didn't get into the In Shadows rpg, let's talk about it here.
u3QKT3n.pngR7T2X5G.png fVJ8DY4.png
I'd love to. Let's all post our characters here. I think it will help.
I'd love to. Let's all post our characters here. I think it will help.
?V8783=party.pngbB2Em.gifjsHaP.gif
@KittyHamilton Ok!

I didn't really feel like doing the long posts and describing literally everything happening to my characters
@KittyHamilton Ok!

I didn't really feel like doing the long posts and describing literally everything happening to my characters
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
Name:
"Flame Caller” and even that name is not well known, so those that hire her are determined to find a successful assassin.
Sexuality:
Asexual (May make her a Heterosexual at times)
Species:
Phoenix (Her element is Shadow)
Assassin & Saboteur - Open for Employment
Appearance:
She is 5’4”, and looks like a woman age 18. Her skin is pale. Her hair is the color of the night sky, and her narrow eyes and thin pupils capture the color of the shadows perfectly. Most say her eyes look cold and calculating. She looks otherworldly because of her slender body and her graceful movements. She has magnificent silky black wings, and smooth midnight black tail feathers.
Personality:
She is serious, focused, intelligent, careful, quiet, flexible, and she keeps her temper in check. She accepts criticism of her work. She doesn’t turn on her employer even if the enemy pays more. However she doesn’t promise safety from her forever. Just while they employ her. She doesn't always accept missions. If she feels like her cover is blown she will not finish the job.
Background:
Unknown but if she told someone her story it would go like this.

A battle for land took away her village when she was hunting. She didn't know what happened and was tracking a deer for a few days before catching up to it and shooting it with her longbow. When she came home the village was destroyed and the battle had ended.

A kind marchioness took her in. When Flame Caller came to her home the marchioness told her she was the leader of a group of assassins called "MoonShine". She told Flame Caller that she could train to become an assassin.. Flame Caller accepted and her life as an assassin in training began.

It was hard and grueling. There were only 3 assassins in training at a time, and there were 6 teachers. They taught her how to: disguise herself, blend in, materiel arts, lock picking, and how to fight with a longbow, throwing knives, and a sword.

She graduated 2 years later. Her first mission was to assassinate a prince to stop his father from going to war. Her missions grew harder and harder, but she completed one after another with ease. However after her 7th mission MoonShine disbanded because of a fight for control over the group of assassins.

She started assassinating and sabotaging after someone that remembered her hired her. She completed mission after mission. When someone wanted a successful assassin and they were determined to find one they learned of her. Yoou could hire her by plucking a leaf from a tree writing the target name and leaving it by a river in a tree's shadow. She would leave a price, and you would leave the money. Then, a small page of rules would appear if you agreed the target would be assassinated.

She has not been hired permanently yet, but she would accept a permanent job as an assassin and a saboteur.
Other:
  • Uses poison unless her client specifically says not to.
  • Uses a sword and throwing knives.
  • Expert at hiding in the shadows.
Other:
Writing Example(s)
x
Name:
"Flame Caller” and even that name is not well known, so those that hire her are determined to find a successful assassin.
Sexuality:
Asexual (May make her a Heterosexual at times)
Species:
Phoenix (Her element is Shadow)
Assassin & Saboteur - Open for Employment
Appearance:
She is 5’4”, and looks like a woman age 18. Her skin is pale. Her hair is the color of the night sky, and her narrow eyes and thin pupils capture the color of the shadows perfectly. Most say her eyes look cold and calculating. She looks otherworldly because of her slender body and her graceful movements. She has magnificent silky black wings, and smooth midnight black tail feathers.
Personality:
She is serious, focused, intelligent, careful, quiet, flexible, and she keeps her temper in check. She accepts criticism of her work. She doesn’t turn on her employer even if the enemy pays more. However she doesn’t promise safety from her forever. Just while they employ her. She doesn't always accept missions. If she feels like her cover is blown she will not finish the job.
Background:
Unknown but if she told someone her story it would go like this.

A battle for land took away her village when she was hunting. She didn't know what happened and was tracking a deer for a few days before catching up to it and shooting it with her longbow. When she came home the village was destroyed and the battle had ended.

A kind marchioness took her in. When Flame Caller came to her home the marchioness told her she was the leader of a group of assassins called "MoonShine". She told Flame Caller that she could train to become an assassin.. Flame Caller accepted and her life as an assassin in training began.

It was hard and grueling. There were only 3 assassins in training at a time, and there were 6 teachers. They taught her how to: disguise herself, blend in, materiel arts, lock picking, and how to fight with a longbow, throwing knives, and a sword.

She graduated 2 years later. Her first mission was to assassinate a prince to stop his father from going to war. Her missions grew harder and harder, but she completed one after another with ease. However after her 7th mission MoonShine disbanded because of a fight for control over the group of assassins.

She started assassinating and sabotaging after someone that remembered her hired her. She completed mission after mission. When someone wanted a successful assassin and they were determined to find one they learned of her. Yoou could hire her by plucking a leaf from a tree writing the target name and leaving it by a river in a tree's shadow. She would leave a price, and you would leave the money. Then, a small page of rules would appear if you agreed the target would be assassinated.

She has not been hired permanently yet, but she would accept a permanent job as an assassin and a saboteur.
Other:
Other:
Writing Example(s)
x
@KittyHamilton Do I have to do the long posts? Because I don't really have all the time in the world to type out replies
@KittyHamilton Do I have to do the long posts? Because I don't really have all the time in the world to type out replies
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
@KittyHamilton If you want I can set up the rp.
@KittyHamilton If you want I can set up the rp.
I’m interested!
I’m interested!
YRqsZ7c.png
hael/dante | 23 | enkindle (#88808)

06xk8gV.pngJ7D1quC.pngMesq6uj.png
1vAtYxM.pngbMfSZRv.pngVDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.pngAQPJNOh.pngHxL61bT.png
a VgKHukX.png
I’m interested in this.

@kittyhamilton
I’m interested in this.

@kittyhamilton
@.TruthandLies
Not quite yet, I think. I think I should maybe come up with a premise that would increase the chances of all our characters having a chance to itneract with one another. Like some sort of important event or reason why multiple nobles will have a reason to be in the same city, or building. (Negotiations? Crowning of a new monarch/emper(ess)? Also want to give a bit of time for people to come into this thread and chat about reasons assassins might be going after particular nobles, who assigned them, etc.

@ThePhantomWolf

I'm a bit fan of writing what is necessary. As long as a character reacts to what characters did in the previous post(s) and adds something for other player's characters to react to, then it's enough, in my opinion.

I'm going to be kinda preoccupied this evening, but feel free to hang out and chatter about characters and ideas in this thread in the mean time! And repost character sheets, and so on.
@.TruthandLies
Not quite yet, I think. I think I should maybe come up with a premise that would increase the chances of all our characters having a chance to itneract with one another. Like some sort of important event or reason why multiple nobles will have a reason to be in the same city, or building. (Negotiations? Crowning of a new monarch/emper(ess)? Also want to give a bit of time for people to come into this thread and chat about reasons assassins might be going after particular nobles, who assigned them, etc.

@ThePhantomWolf

I'm a bit fan of writing what is necessary. As long as a character reacts to what characters did in the previous post(s) and adds something for other player's characters to react to, then it's enough, in my opinion.

I'm going to be kinda preoccupied this evening, but feel free to hang out and chatter about characters and ideas in this thread in the mean time! And repost character sheets, and so on.
u3QKT3n.pngR7T2X5G.png fVJ8DY4.png
@KittyHamilton

I am interested. I also love the idea of a fancy ball being thrown in the name of peace and having my two in their fancy (or fancier in Orianna's case) clothes.
@KittyHamilton

I am interested. I also love the idea of a fancy ball being thrown in the name of peace and having my two in their fancy (or fancier in Orianna's case) clothes.
oulcMpY.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9