Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Sides Of The River (IC thread)
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42 43
Rookstar|Mountainclan leader|Roundpaw

Rookstar chuckled at his apprentice as she crashed into a tree. "Rule number one of being a warrior." he meowed as she stripped the moss from the tree. "Pay attention to where you walk."

He grabbed half of the moss in his jaws and carried it to his den, placing it on the ground. "Good job. he meowed, purring. "For your first time getting moss, that was good. Now we need feathers. This is much harder."

"You want to either collect feathers from the ground, which takes a long time, or you can climb the tres and pull leaves of the branches. I'll climb, and you collect what falls onto the ground."

he darts up the nearest tree and races to the branches, ripping off any feathers that got stuck on the branches with his teeth, letting them float down to Roundpaw. He looked away, sure that she would do what most apprentices do and start playing with them.

Nettlepaw|Mountainclan NPC apprentice|Stumptail

"of course! But... uhh... can I eat first? That fight made me really, really hungry." he meowed, eyeing up the prey pile with eager eyes.

Aries|Stoneclan warrior|waspstar

Aries shook his head, and attempted to grip his claws further into the tree, but only managing to get a better grip from one leg. he yowled with fear, and desperately reached for the bandana. "I CAN'T GET DOWN! OR UP!" he yowled. His back left paw was trapped between two branches, and his back right claws were stuck in the tree.

His front paws began to lose grip, and he desperately made one last grab for the bandana, only for his back paws to get unstuck. His claw barely hit the bandana enough to knock it out of the tree onto the ground, but the bandana wasn't the only thing to fall.

A scream of terror echoes through the pine marsh as the tom falls directly onto the marshy ground, and he goes limp.

Rookstar chuckled at his apprentice as she crashed into a tree. "Rule number one of being a warrior." he meowed as she stripped the moss from the tree. "Pay attention to where you walk."

He grabbed half of the moss in his jaws and carried it to his den, placing it on the ground. "Good job. he meowed, purring. "For your first time getting moss, that was good. Now we need feathers. This is much harder."

"You want to either collect feathers from the ground, which takes a long time, or you can climb the tres and pull leaves of the branches. I'll climb, and you collect what falls onto the ground."

he darts up the nearest tree and races to the branches, ripping off any feathers that got stuck on the branches with his teeth, letting them float down to Roundpaw. He looked away, sure that she would do what most apprentices do and start playing with them.

Nettlepaw|Mountainclan NPC apprentice|Stumptail

"of course! But... uhh... can I eat first? That fight made me really, really hungry." he meowed, eyeing up the prey pile with eager eyes.

Aries|Stoneclan warrior|waspstar

Aries shook his head, and attempted to grip his claws further into the tree, but only managing to get a better grip from one leg. he yowled with fear, and desperately reached for the bandana. "I CAN'T GET DOWN! OR UP!" he yowled. His back left paw was trapped between two branches, and his back right claws were stuck in the tree.

His front paws began to lose grip, and he desperately made one last grab for the bandana, only for his back paws to get unstuck. His claw barely hit the bandana enough to knock it out of the tree onto the ground, but the bandana wasn't the only thing to fall.

A scream of terror echoes through the pine marsh as the tom falls directly onto the marshy ground, and he goes limp.
jj3Bino.png
Red - He/They
Art Shop
Hatchery
Bio Shop

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa4l8x2fP.gif
[b]Waspstar | Stoneclan Leader | Aries[/b] Waspstar cursed under his breath as he tries to reach the tom, hoping to dislodge and then catch him. His eyes widened as he saw Aries' leg slip from the branch and tumble from the ground. The world seemed to move in slow motion as he reached a paw out for Aries' body, his claws just barely touching the fur on the tom's back before he disappeared out of reach. "Aries!" Waspstar shouted, his voice panicked as he leaped out of the tree and ran towards the tom's limp body. "Aries! Are you ok?" he mewed, rolling Aries over. He gasped when he saw the other cat's face. Before now, he had never even asked Aries why he wore the bandanna. He figured it was because he still wanted to hold on to some part of his Two-legs, or because he did not want cats to see his blind eyes. Waspstar had respected this, and never asked Aries to take it off. But now he knew why. Where Aries' eyes were supposed to be were nothing but two black holes that stared blankly ahead. There was some skin covering them where his Two-legs must have tried to fix it, but other than that they were empty. Waspstar quickly looked away, his ears flat against his head as he tried to collect himself. It felt like he could have seen the tom's brain... [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/FFjqOGX.png[/img][/center] [b]Bittenpaw | Stoneclan Apprentice | Stormpaw/Littlepaw[/b] Bittenpaw could not help but be embarrassed at needing help, but they tried to keep it hidden. "Thanks... but I'm ok," the mewed, straightening up so they did not lean on Stormpaw. Of course, they immediately tripped and landed on their face. Pain shot through their muzzle, and they felt a sharp rock stab them in the cheek. They quickly scrambled to their paws, tears prickling their eyes. They sniffled, licking their lips and tasting the blood that trickled from their nose. Tears filled their eyes and the immediately covered their face in their paws, their body shaking. "I'm sorry..." they coughed, choking up. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/54nCl1L.png[/img][/center] [b]Roundpaw | Mountainclan Apprentice | Rookstar/Open[/b] Roundpaw felt an odd sense of pride at Rookstar's praise, and she quickly hurried to beneath the tree branches to collect the feathers. She watched the ease at which Rookstar moved, and the muscles that pulsed under his pelt as he easily leaped up the tree. Roundpaw felt an odd feeling in her chest, and she figured it was jealousy. She would never be able to move with that much grace or speed. Instead of playing with the feathers, she kept glancing up at Rookstar, watching him. She only broke this whenever a new feather fell down and she hurried to catch it, wanting to please him. She paused for a moment, realizing this. Why was she so determined to make him happy? She told herself it was because if she did not, she would be killed. After all, that was what 'get rid of' meant, right? Yeah, she just did not want to die. Soon, she had a huge pile of feathers, and she sat next to them proudly. Resisting the urge to jump into the fluffy pile, she continuously organized them into a tighter and tighter pile, feeling their softness. She waited for Rookstar, her paws tingling with impatience, she wanted to know she did well! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/LA9SS7f.png[/img][/center] [b]Stumptail | Mountainclan Warrior NPC | Nettlepaw[/b] Stumptail nodded, sitting down at the side of the camp. "Could you bring me a thrush or something?" He asked, licking his paw and running it over his ear.
Waspstar | Stoneclan Leader | Aries

Waspstar cursed under his breath as he tries to reach the tom, hoping to dislodge and then catch him. His eyes widened as he saw Aries' leg slip from the branch and tumble from the ground. The world seemed to move in slow motion as he reached a paw out for Aries' body, his claws just barely touching the fur on the tom's back before he disappeared out of reach.

"Aries!" Waspstar shouted, his voice panicked as he leaped out of the tree and ran towards the tom's limp body. "Aries! Are you ok?" he mewed, rolling Aries over.

He gasped when he saw the other cat's face. Before now, he had never even asked Aries why he wore the bandanna. He figured it was because he still wanted to hold on to some part of his Two-legs, or because he did not want cats to see his blind eyes. Waspstar had respected this, and never asked Aries to take it off. But now he knew why.

Where Aries' eyes were supposed to be were nothing but two black holes that stared blankly ahead. There was some skin covering them where his Two-legs must have tried to fix it, but other than that they were empty. Waspstar quickly looked away, his ears flat against his head as he tried to collect himself. It felt like he could have seen the tom's brain...
FFjqOGX.png

Bittenpaw | Stoneclan Apprentice | Stormpaw/Littlepaw

Bittenpaw could not help but be embarrassed at needing help, but they tried to keep it hidden. "Thanks... but I'm ok," the mewed, straightening up so they did not lean on Stormpaw. Of course, they immediately tripped and landed on their face.

Pain shot through their muzzle, and they felt a sharp rock stab them in the cheek. They quickly scrambled to their paws, tears prickling their eyes. They sniffled, licking their lips and tasting the blood that trickled from their nose. Tears filled their eyes and the immediately covered their face in their paws, their body shaking. "I'm sorry..." they coughed, choking up.
54nCl1L.png

Roundpaw | Mountainclan Apprentice | Rookstar/Open

Roundpaw felt an odd sense of pride at Rookstar's praise, and she quickly hurried to beneath the tree branches to collect the feathers. She watched the ease at which Rookstar moved, and the muscles that pulsed under his pelt as he easily leaped up the tree. Roundpaw felt an odd feeling in her chest, and she figured it was jealousy. She would never be able to move with that much grace or speed.

Instead of playing with the feathers, she kept glancing up at Rookstar, watching him. She only broke this whenever a new feather fell down and she hurried to catch it, wanting to please him. She paused for a moment, realizing this. Why was she so determined to make him happy? She told herself it was because if she did not, she would be killed. After all, that was what 'get rid of' meant, right? Yeah, she just did not want to die.

Soon, she had a huge pile of feathers, and she sat next to them proudly. Resisting the urge to jump into the fluffy pile, she continuously organized them into a tighter and tighter pile, feeling their softness. She waited for Rookstar, her paws tingling with impatience, she wanted to know she did well!
LA9SS7f.png

Stumptail | Mountainclan Warrior NPC | Nettlepaw

Stumptail nodded, sitting down at the side of the camp. "Could you bring me a thrush or something?" He asked, licking his paw and running it over his ear.
q6DQYQr.jpg
Luckleap/Lucky | Loner | Chinookbreeze

Without waiting from a promp from Luckleap, the two kits shout, "Yeah!"
"Well, it would be nice to be around others...sure, we'll join," adds Lucky.
Luckleap/Lucky | Loner | Chinookbreeze

Without waiting from a promp from Luckleap, the two kits shout, "Yeah!"
"Well, it would be nice to be around others...sure, we'll join," adds Lucky.
Aries|stoneclan battle planner/warrior|waspstar

After a moment of lying in the dirt, his tail began to twitch. he wasn't dead, but his breathing was shallow, he needed help. his back left leg was twisted unnaturally, and the bone was broken.

Rookstar darted ddown the tree as fast as a rabbit, nearly running past his apprentice. "That's pretty good, for your first time catching feathers. Not the toughest job, though. let's finish setting up your nest."

he grabs half the feathers and begins walking to his den with a mouthful of feathers.

Nettlepaw|Mountainclan apprentice NPC|Stumptail

"Of course." he meows, and pads to the prey pile. Spotting a thrush, he grabs it, and grabs himself a fish from the beaches shore. Running to his mentor, he sits siwn and starts eating the fish.
Aries|stoneclan battle planner/warrior|waspstar

After a moment of lying in the dirt, his tail began to twitch. he wasn't dead, but his breathing was shallow, he needed help. his back left leg was twisted unnaturally, and the bone was broken.

Rookstar darted ddown the tree as fast as a rabbit, nearly running past his apprentice. "That's pretty good, for your first time catching feathers. Not the toughest job, though. let's finish setting up your nest."

he grabs half the feathers and begins walking to his den with a mouthful of feathers.

Nettlepaw|Mountainclan apprentice NPC|Stumptail

"Of course." he meows, and pads to the prey pile. Spotting a thrush, he grabs it, and grabs himself a fish from the beaches shore. Running to his mentor, he sits siwn and starts eating the fish.
jj3Bino.png
Red - He/They
Art Shop
Hatchery
Bio Shop

[b]Waspstar | Stoneclan Leader | Aries/Webcatcher/Fallowbrook/Jawpaw[/b] Waspstar quickly got over his original reaction when he saw Aries move, and he sighed gratefully. "Thank Starclan," he hissed, bending down and balancing Aries on his shoulders. He was glad his shoulders were so wide, but he still had a hard time. Flattening his ears, he broke into a run, his short limbs scrabbling over the rocky ground. The hardest part was getting up the path to the camp, as Aries kept slipping off. He had to keep stopping and adjusting Aries' position. He was panting hard, but he finally reached the camp entrance. "Webcatcher! I need your help!" he shouted, his sides heaving as he stumbled into the main clearing. "Anyone!" [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/FFjqOGX.png[/img][/center] [b]Roundpaw | Mountainclan Apprentice | Rookstar/Open[/b] Roundpaw beamed from the praise as she picked up the feathers, eagerly following Rookstar. She was practically engulfed in the feathers, and she resisted the urge to sneeze. She padded towards his den, barely able to see where he was. "Thank you," she mumbled around the feathers, dropping a large amount of them in the process. Embarrassed, she quickly scooped them back up, hurrying into what she assumed was Rookstar's den. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/LA9SS7f.png[/img][/center] [b]Chinookbreeze | Mountainclan Med Cat | Luckleap[/b] Chinookbreeze stared at Luckleap, his mouth wide open. "Really? Yay!" he cheered, leaping off the ground. "I can't wait to show you the camp and all the other cats!" He started bounding in the direction of Mountainclan territory, glancing behind himself at the other cats. "Well? Aren't you coming?" [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/dQwArHL.png[/img][/center] [b]Stumptail | Mountainclan Warrior NPC | Nettlepaw[/b] "Thanks," Stumptail mewed, dipping his head. He laid down, tucking his paws under his belly. "So, you must really miss your siblings," he mews, glancing sideways at Nettlepaw as he takes a bite from his thrush.
Waspstar | Stoneclan Leader | Aries/Webcatcher/Fallowbrook/Jawpaw

Waspstar quickly got over his original reaction when he saw Aries move, and he sighed gratefully. "Thank Starclan," he hissed, bending down and balancing Aries on his shoulders. He was glad his shoulders were so wide, but he still had a hard time. Flattening his ears, he broke into a run, his short limbs scrabbling over the rocky ground.

The hardest part was getting up the path to the camp, as Aries kept slipping off. He had to keep stopping and adjusting Aries' position. He was panting hard, but he finally reached the camp entrance.

"Webcatcher! I need your help!" he shouted, his sides heaving as he stumbled into the main clearing. "Anyone!"
FFjqOGX.png

Roundpaw | Mountainclan Apprentice | Rookstar/Open

Roundpaw beamed from the praise as she picked up the feathers, eagerly following Rookstar. She was practically engulfed in the feathers, and she resisted the urge to sneeze. She padded towards his den, barely able to see where he was.

"Thank you," she mumbled around the feathers, dropping a large amount of them in the process. Embarrassed, she quickly scooped them back up, hurrying into what she assumed was Rookstar's den.
LA9SS7f.png

Chinookbreeze | Mountainclan Med Cat | Luckleap

Chinookbreeze stared at Luckleap, his mouth wide open. "Really? Yay!" he cheered, leaping off the ground. "I can't wait to show you the camp and all the other cats!" He started bounding in the direction of Mountainclan territory, glancing behind himself at the other cats. "Well? Aren't you coming?"
dQwArHL.png

Stumptail | Mountainclan Warrior NPC | Nettlepaw

"Thanks," Stumptail mewed, dipping his head. He laid down, tucking his paws under his belly. "So, you must really miss your siblings," he mews, glancing sideways at Nettlepaw as he takes a bite from his thrush.
q6DQYQr.jpg
Oddpaw - SunClan Apprentice - Bunnytail

Oddpaw pranced around his mentor, head and tail held as high as he could get them. "Doesn't everyone?" he asked. "Or do you have lots? I guess that could work too." He stopped in his circling, eyes bright. "What do we do first?"

Petaldawn - SunClan Warrrior - Shellbrook, Swiftpaw

"It's fine," Petaldawn said, shaking herself out of her thoughts. She rested her tail on Shellbrook's shoulder, showing all was well. When Shellbrook greeted Swiftpaw, Petaldawn pricked her ears.
"Oh, hello, Swiftpaw," Petaldawn greeted. She wondered how long the apprentice had been there, but didn't ask.
Oddpaw - SunClan Apprentice - Bunnytail

Oddpaw pranced around his mentor, head and tail held as high as he could get them. "Doesn't everyone?" he asked. "Or do you have lots? I guess that could work too." He stopped in his circling, eyes bright. "What do we do first?"

Petaldawn - SunClan Warrrior - Shellbrook, Swiftpaw

"It's fine," Petaldawn said, shaking herself out of her thoughts. She rested her tail on Shellbrook's shoulder, showing all was well. When Shellbrook greeted Swiftpaw, Petaldawn pricked her ears.
"Oh, hello, Swiftpaw," Petaldawn greeted. She wondered how long the apprentice had been there, but didn't ask.
Fallowbrook|stoneclan med apprentice|waspstar

Fallowbrook lifted her head. "Waspstar?!" she shot towards him and saw Aries body on his back. "What ha-" she cut herself off as she saw the unconscious toms face. A chill spread through her, she began to back away, shaking.

After a moment or two of shock and fear, she snapped out of it and rushed to the medicine den, grabbing herbs. "Bindweed, cobwebs, Burnet." she began muttering what herbs to use under her breath as she ran.

She came back a moment later with a beech leaf full of bindweed, cobwebs, burnet, and celandine. She shivered as she placed some celandine into the toms eye sockets.

"How did his eyes come out of his head so cleanly when he fell?!" she asked Waspstar, her voice hardening and becoming demanding and angry through her panic. "There's no sign of damage, no bleeding, not even a single pine needle in his eyes!"

She began wrapping Bindweed around his legs. "Only one leg is unbroken, Waspstar. What happened to injure him this badly?" Terror seemed to grip her and squeeze her tight, and she felt her own breathing speed up.

She dashed to the medicine den, grabbing herself a dandelion leaf to stay calm while healing Aries. "Where's his bandana?" she asked. "he'll want it when he wakes up." May as well get some gumweed for... whatever is wrong with his eyes.

She grabbed some lambs ear as well, and ran back, knowing she wouldn't have the time to bring him to the medicine den. Please live... She didn't voice her fears and made an effort to not even think about it. [Webcatcher, please be here soon... I need help!

Fallowbrook wasn't sure if she could save him without any help.

"I think we went overboard on feathers." he meowed, chuckling. "I'll take some. that way you'll have something other than feathers in your nest." he purred, and started moulding his apprentices' nest.

he stepped off. "There. just like that. You just stomp on it until it looks right." he meowed. "Then you jam feathers into it." he showed an example by grabbing a feather and shoving it into his nest, adding just another soft, fluffy area to the nest.

"Just like that."

Nettlepaw|Mountainclan NPC apprentice|stumptail

"yeah. especially Reedpaw and Rosie. Rosie was always so happy and never angry, and Reedpaw was always pushing us to succeed. I mean, you're a great mentor, but Reedpaw encouraged me more than any mentor ever could."

featherstar|Sunclan leader|Cinderpaw

Featherstar flicked her tail. "Your friend there was very rude." she meowed. "They called you a kit! You need better friends."
Fallowbrook|stoneclan med apprentice|waspstar

Fallowbrook lifted her head. "Waspstar?!" she shot towards him and saw Aries body on his back. "What ha-" she cut herself off as she saw the unconscious toms face. A chill spread through her, she began to back away, shaking.

After a moment or two of shock and fear, she snapped out of it and rushed to the medicine den, grabbing herbs. "Bindweed, cobwebs, Burnet." she began muttering what herbs to use under her breath as she ran.

She came back a moment later with a beech leaf full of bindweed, cobwebs, burnet, and celandine. She shivered as she placed some celandine into the toms eye sockets.

"How did his eyes come out of his head so cleanly when he fell?!" she asked Waspstar, her voice hardening and becoming demanding and angry through her panic. "There's no sign of damage, no bleeding, not even a single pine needle in his eyes!"

She began wrapping Bindweed around his legs. "Only one leg is unbroken, Waspstar. What happened to injure him this badly?" Terror seemed to grip her and squeeze her tight, and she felt her own breathing speed up.

She dashed to the medicine den, grabbing herself a dandelion leaf to stay calm while healing Aries. "Where's his bandana?" she asked. "he'll want it when he wakes up." May as well get some gumweed for... whatever is wrong with his eyes.

She grabbed some lambs ear as well, and ran back, knowing she wouldn't have the time to bring him to the medicine den. Please live... She didn't voice her fears and made an effort to not even think about it. [Webcatcher, please be here soon... I need help!

Fallowbrook wasn't sure if she could save him without any help.

"I think we went overboard on feathers." he meowed, chuckling. "I'll take some. that way you'll have something other than feathers in your nest." he purred, and started moulding his apprentices' nest.

he stepped off. "There. just like that. You just stomp on it until it looks right." he meowed. "Then you jam feathers into it." he showed an example by grabbing a feather and shoving it into his nest, adding just another soft, fluffy area to the nest.

"Just like that."

Nettlepaw|Mountainclan NPC apprentice|stumptail

"yeah. especially Reedpaw and Rosie. Rosie was always so happy and never angry, and Reedpaw was always pushing us to succeed. I mean, you're a great mentor, but Reedpaw encouraged me more than any mentor ever could."

featherstar|Sunclan leader|Cinderpaw

Featherstar flicked her tail. "Your friend there was very rude." she meowed. "They called you a kit! You need better friends."
jj3Bino.png
Red - He/They
Art Shop
Hatchery
Bio Shop

Swiftpaw | SunClan Apprentice | Shellbrook, Petaldawn

Swiftpaw smiled sheepishly at the two she-cats as they greeted her. "Oh, hi," she said awkwardly. "You guys seem to be talking about some personal stuff, I should leave you alone." Swiftpaw then stood.

Nightpelt | StoneClan Warrior | Starlingpaw

Nightpelt licked her paw. Lovely weather today, she thought to herself. It was sunny and not a cloud was in the sky. A gentle wind blew through the grass. Lovely weather, indeed.
Nightpelt then sniffed the air and caught Starlingpaw's scent on the breeze. She noticed him hunting, and decided to approach the apprentice. Nightpelt padded over and sat down near where he was hunting.
"Catch anything good today, Starlingpaw?" she said, a friendly tone in her voice.
Swiftpaw | SunClan Apprentice | Shellbrook, Petaldawn

Swiftpaw smiled sheepishly at the two she-cats as they greeted her. "Oh, hi," she said awkwardly. "You guys seem to be talking about some personal stuff, I should leave you alone." Swiftpaw then stood.

Nightpelt | StoneClan Warrior | Starlingpaw

Nightpelt licked her paw. Lovely weather today, she thought to herself. It was sunny and not a cloud was in the sky. A gentle wind blew through the grass. Lovely weather, indeed.
Nightpelt then sniffed the air and caught Starlingpaw's scent on the breeze. She noticed him hunting, and decided to approach the apprentice. Nightpelt padded over and sat down near where he was hunting.
"Catch anything good today, Starlingpaw?" she said, a friendly tone in her voice.

[ evan - any pronouns - 22 ]
[ just an artist who loves video games ]
[ a total sucker for villains ]
[ familiar collector ]

Starlingpaw|Stoneclan apprentice|Nightpelt

Starlingpaw grinned. "Yup! I caught a vole and a baby rabbit!" he purrs, flicking his tail towards a patch where ha had burried his catch. "A sunclan apprentice told me las gathering that sometimes squirrels run over the border. I've never tried one. I really want to catch one!'
Starlingpaw|Stoneclan apprentice|Nightpelt

Starlingpaw grinned. "Yup! I caught a vole and a baby rabbit!" he purrs, flicking his tail towards a patch where ha had burried his catch. "A sunclan apprentice told me las gathering that sometimes squirrels run over the border. I've never tried one. I really want to catch one!'
jj3Bino.png
Red - He/They
Art Shop
Hatchery
Bio Shop

Dustwing | SunClan Warrior | Salmon/Salmonnose

Dustwing had settled herself not to long ago on the outskirts of the camp, gingerly grooming herself. Although at the sound of pawsteps and Salmonnose's voice she couldn't help but look up and fix her gaze to look at the gorgeous she-cat. "All I know is that she's out of camp with Cinderpaw?" she murmured, grinning.
Dustwing | SunClan Warrior | Salmon/Salmonnose

Dustwing had settled herself not to long ago on the outskirts of the camp, gingerly grooming herself. Although at the sound of pawsteps and Salmonnose's voice she couldn't help but look up and fix her gaze to look at the gorgeous she-cat. "All I know is that she's out of camp with Cinderpaw?" she murmured, grinning.
Stay positive! ♥
tumblr_inline_n6kdvqWTSp1qlye38.gif
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 42 43