Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (1x1) Wendigo Psychosis
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
The guardian chuckled at rohn's comment.
"Buddy, it wouldn't be on paper is somebody hadn't tried it."

The guardian nodded at Misery's comment.
"While it may be bulky the added bulk is well worth its weight. Counter shield is designed to prevent blow before one even lands. Effectively, this is a wearable explosive reactive armor. Or in simple terms, wearable explosives. Useing a shaped charge with a enchanted detonator. To break a sword arrow, any possible weapon given it has enough velocity to set off the detonator."
The guardian chuckled at rohn's comment.
"Buddy, it wouldn't be on paper is somebody hadn't tried it."

The guardian nodded at Misery's comment.
"While it may be bulky the added bulk is well worth its weight. Counter shield is designed to prevent blow before one even lands. Effectively, this is a wearable explosive reactive armor. Or in simple terms, wearable explosives. Useing a shaped charge with a enchanted detonator. To break a sword arrow, any possible weapon given it has enough velocity to set off the detonator."
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
Rohn peered closer, chirping with interest. "Sounds like a useful piece."

"Indeed," remarked the ridgeback, "what prevents the explosive from backfiring; so to speak." Her long tail swayed slowly from side to side, and while she was obviously curious she was making a conscious effort not to drool on anything.
Rohn peered closer, chirping with interest. "Sounds like a useful piece."

"Indeed," remarked the ridgeback, "what prevents the explosive from backfiring; so to speak." Her long tail swayed slowly from side to side, and while she was obviously curious she was making a conscious effort not to drool on anything.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The guard chuckled.
"Good question! There is a small metal plate on the base of the charge, the rest of the casing is a soft plastic when the charge detonates, the plastic gives way to the explosive charge while the plate doesn't. The blast explodes outward and away from you. Hearing protection is a must. But it shouldn't hurt you even. If it is an accidental detonation.
The guard chuckled.
"Good question! There is a small metal plate on the base of the charge, the rest of the casing is a soft plastic when the charge detonates, the plastic gives way to the explosive charge while the plate doesn't. The blast explodes outward and away from you. Hearing protection is a must. But it shouldn't hurt you even. If it is an accidental detonation.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
Misery still seemed skeptical about safety, but Rohn grinned and elbowed her in the neck good-naturedly. He tried to dispel her lingering worry.

"C'mon Miz," he teased, "it sounds safe enough. Besides, you gotta admit that feeding your opponent a facefull of suprise sword shrapnel sounds pretty cool."

She snorted and side-eyed him. He was only that nonchalant because, as far as she knew, he had never actually been in a lethal fight before. It was hard to explain that things were different when dragons were actually being maimed and killed.

"So what part of the whole equation are you testing, exactly?" She asked finally.
Misery still seemed skeptical about safety, but Rohn grinned and elbowed her in the neck good-naturedly. He tried to dispel her lingering worry.

"C'mon Miz," he teased, "it sounds safe enough. Besides, you gotta admit that feeding your opponent a facefull of suprise sword shrapnel sounds pretty cool."

She snorted and side-eyed him. He was only that nonchalant because, as far as she knew, he had never actually been in a lethal fight before. It was hard to explain that things were different when dragons were actually being maimed and killed.

"So what part of the whole equation are you testing, exactly?" She asked finally.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"Well.... I need someone to wear it, I've tested it on practice dummies, but I need to test it on on a live subject. I'll wear it, I just need someone bulky enough and willing to swing a wood staff at it. You'll get body armor to protect you from the blast."
"Well.... I need someone to wear it, I've tested it on practice dummies, but I need to test it on on a live subject. I'll wear it, I just need someone bulky enough and willing to swing a wood staff at it. You'll get body armor to protect you from the blast."
Rohn shrugged. "That counts me out, obviously," he said, "what about you?" He looked expectantly at the ridgeback.

She huffed. "Sounds like you're reasonably confident," she croaked, "I don't see why not."
Rohn shrugged. "That counts me out, obviously," he said, "what about you?" He looked expectantly at the ridgeback.

She huffed. "Sounds like you're reasonably confident," she croaked, "I don't see why not."
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
The guardian looked happy at the response. "Alright, let's get you a blast suit."

The guardian stood briskly and crossed the room to a large shelf of metal containers and reached up to a larger container.

"You about 18m tall, this should fit well"

She slid it off the shelf and walked back over to her desk. She took a small key shaped object out from her desk, it that the handle however instead of of a tooth at the end of the key there was a slit. She pulled a small metal tab on the side of the can and inserted the tab into the slot of the key and twisted the key tearing the metal in a strip down the container. The can let out an audible hiss of air rushing into the container. The she twisted the key until the strip wrapped all the way around the container and the container came apart.
The guardian looked happy at the response. "Alright, let's get you a blast suit."

The guardian stood briskly and crossed the room to a large shelf of metal containers and reached up to a larger container.

"You about 18m tall, this should fit well"

She slid it off the shelf and walked back over to her desk. She took a small key shaped object out from her desk, it that the handle however instead of of a tooth at the end of the key there was a slit. She pulled a small metal tab on the side of the can and inserted the tab into the slot of the key and twisted the key tearing the metal in a strip down the container. The can let out an audible hiss of air rushing into the container. The she twisted the key until the strip wrapped all the way around the container and the container came apart.
Misery leaned back slightly to watch, bemused.

Rohn leaned in closer. He had no idea that canning was a practical storage solution for anything other than food. "How come you keep it in a can?" He asked, hopping around to peer at the tin as it split apart.
Misery leaned back slightly to watch, bemused.

Rohn leaned in closer. He had no idea that canning was a practical storage solution for anything other than food. "How come you keep it in a can?" He asked, hopping around to peer at the tin as it split apart.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
"Because it's the best way to keep equipment operable, I cant take a chance with equipment getting damaged due to its importance.

She pulled a helmet from the box and set it on the table. She then reached back into the bin and pulled out what looked like a large heavy black one piece suit.

"Here put this on, it's a kevlar under suit. Its about as effective as chainmail, but much lighter."
"Because it's the best way to keep equipment operable, I cant take a chance with equipment getting damaged due to its importance.

She pulled a helmet from the box and set it on the table. She then reached back into the bin and pulled out what looked like a large heavy black one piece suit.

"Here put this on, it's a kevlar under suit. Its about as effective as chainmail, but much lighter."
The ridgeback grunted as she took hold of the dense black fabric. It was lighter than armor, as the guardian had said, which Misery was thankful for.

The ridgeback carefully folded down her spines as she pulled the suit on. It was hard not to get her claws or spines snagged as she struggled into the suit. Rohn hopped up on her back at one point to help her get her stiff wings into the suit.

Eventually she had it on, flexing her shoulders uncomfortably.
The ridgeback grunted as she took hold of the dense black fabric. It was lighter than armor, as the guardian had said, which Misery was thankful for.

The ridgeback carefully folded down her spines as she pulled the suit on. It was hard not to get her claws or spines snagged as she struggled into the suit. Rohn hopped up on her back at one point to help her get her stiff wings into the suit.

Eventually she had it on, flexing her shoulders uncomfortably.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
1 2 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65