Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (1x1) Wendigo Psychosis
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65
@Dracknorin
"There is nothing to watch for, if it finds us, which I doubt it will, were dead. Oh and you will want to put this over your ears. Unless you want nightmares."

She held out a pair of earmuffs for Rohn to take.

In the vault things were quiet. Irtha had noticed something interesting about the residents. Altho they were packed close enough to feel uncomfortable, there was a solid four feet of floor around the door of the vault that none of the dragons occupied.
@Dracknorin
"There is nothing to watch for, if it finds us, which I doubt it will, were dead. Oh and you will want to put this over your ears. Unless you want nightmares."

She held out a pair of earmuffs for Rohn to take.

In the vault things were quiet. Irtha had noticed something interesting about the residents. Altho they were packed close enough to feel uncomfortable, there was a solid four feet of floor around the door of the vault that none of the dragons occupied.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
@Nope570

The skydancer shrugged, taking the earmuffs from her and slipping them on. They sagged a little, due to his lack of external ears, but they would work well enough.

"Alright, if you say so," he said, curling up on one side of the space. "Pleasant dreams, I suppose." He rested his head on the cool metal of the floor, but sleep didn't find him right away. He lay with his eyes half closed for a while, just listening.

--

Iratha frowned as she noticed how far the cowered from the door. The guardian got up, armor clattering very slightly as she stepped around anyone in the corner. There were a few hours to go before she woke Misery, knowing that there was little to watch for. They just needed to observe, at least for tonight.

The guardian stepped into the empty space near the door and settled down. She could still observe the room from here, but her body shielded most of the other dragons from viewing the vault door. It was a protective gesture, meant mostly to offer comfort.

But if something did get in, it would have to face the paladin's sword before anything else.
@Nope570

The skydancer shrugged, taking the earmuffs from her and slipping them on. They sagged a little, due to his lack of external ears, but they would work well enough.

"Alright, if you say so," he said, curling up on one side of the space. "Pleasant dreams, I suppose." He rested his head on the cool metal of the floor, but sleep didn't find him right away. He lay with his eyes half closed for a while, just listening.

--

Iratha frowned as she noticed how far the cowered from the door. The guardian got up, armor clattering very slightly as she stepped around anyone in the corner. There were a few hours to go before she woke Misery, knowing that there was little to watch for. They just needed to observe, at least for tonight.

The guardian stepped into the empty space near the door and settled down. She could still observe the room from here, but her body shielded most of the other dragons from viewing the vault door. It was a protective gesture, meant mostly to offer comfort.

But if something did get in, it would have to face the paladin's sword before anything else.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Please ping me for attention!
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@Dracknorin

Rohn listened for some time, he drifted on the edge of consciousness for a while. That was until the scraping started. Somewhere in the building, presumably the vault door, something was scraping on a metal object with a set of claws. The sound was horrid. However the tundra slept without stirring.

Down in the vault, Irtha had smelled it before she heard the scrapes. It smelled of the sweet scent of rot mixed with other unpleasant smells. A few of the residents moved further away from the door. a long and resounding shriek of something hard on metal. This woke the pearl catcher who started crying softly and retreated back into Misery.
@Dracknorin

Rohn listened for some time, he drifted on the edge of consciousness for a while. That was until the scraping started. Somewhere in the building, presumably the vault door, something was scraping on a metal object with a set of claws. The sound was horrid. However the tundra slept without stirring.

Down in the vault, Irtha had smelled it before she heard the scrapes. It smelled of the sweet scent of rot mixed with other unpleasant smells. A few of the residents moved further away from the door. a long and resounding shriek of something hard on metal. This woke the pearl catcher who started crying softly and retreated back into Misery.
""I feel I should apologize for what's happened here... some of my employees took things too far."
@Nope570

Rohn squirmed, clutching the earmuffs closer to his head. He had to use the straps of his goggles to hold them down well enough to block out the sound. Reflexively, he curled up in the corner, eventually sleep found him.

--

The sound woke Misery as well, who wrapped the crying pearlcatcher in her arms as she snarled at the door.

Iratha bared her teeth as she stood. Her fins stood on end as she stood to face the door. The smell was familiar, similar to that of the undead creatures she was trained to destroy.

The guardian began to mutter as her claws were wreathed in golden light. "Mercy of the Lightweaver," she chanted. "Grant me your strength to banish this evil from our hall." She rose up and placed her hands upon the vault door, casting the spell on it.

When the thing that was on the other side touched the door, the spell would go off on it. If it was undead, or of negative energy, the spell should burn it. If it wasn't it would still hurt. She could keep the spell up as long as her energy held out, hoping to chase the thing away from the vault door.
@Nope570

Rohn squirmed, clutching the earmuffs closer to his head. He had to use the straps of his goggles to hold them down well enough to block out the sound. Reflexively, he curled up in the corner, eventually sleep found him.

--

The sound woke Misery as well, who wrapped the crying pearlcatcher in her arms as she snarled at the door.

Iratha bared her teeth as she stood. Her fins stood on end as she stood to face the door. The smell was familiar, similar to that of the undead creatures she was trained to destroy.

The guardian began to mutter as her claws were wreathed in golden light. "Mercy of the Lightweaver," she chanted. "Grant me your strength to banish this evil from our hall." She rose up and placed her hands upon the vault door, casting the spell on it.

When the thing that was on the other side touched the door, the spell would go off on it. If it was undead, or of negative energy, the spell should burn it. If it wasn't it would still hurt. She could keep the spell up as long as her energy held out, hoping to chase the thing away from the vault door.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@Dracknorin
The spell cast on the vault door was utilized in a matter of seconds. There was an ungodly roar and a loud explosion from the other side of the door. However whatever was on the other side of the door didn't learn its lesson, as whatever was on the door caused the spell to discharge three more times in rapid succession. then as quickly as it had come silence returned to the building

In the vents, the building shuddered each time the spell was set off, somehow through the racket and roar that made it, albeit muffled, into Rohn's ears. Flame slept on, eather this dragon was in a coma or was the heaviest sleeper in Sornith.

In the vault the residents of the town were all looking apprehensively at the door. One of the residents asked apprehensively.

"Is it dead?"
@Dracknorin
The spell cast on the vault door was utilized in a matter of seconds. There was an ungodly roar and a loud explosion from the other side of the door. However whatever was on the other side of the door didn't learn its lesson, as whatever was on the door caused the spell to discharge three more times in rapid succession. then as quickly as it had come silence returned to the building

In the vents, the building shuddered each time the spell was set off, somehow through the racket and roar that made it, albeit muffled, into Rohn's ears. Flame slept on, eather this dragon was in a coma or was the heaviest sleeper in Sornith.

In the vault the residents of the town were all looking apprehensively at the door. One of the residents asked apprehensively.

"Is it dead?"
@Nope570

Iratha allowed her hands to drop back to the floor, panting from the exertion of holding the spell for so long. She didn't remain upright, simply curling up in front of the door again as if anticipating another attack.

Her head swiveled to face the speaking dragon, and she frowned. "I doubt it," she admitted. Nothing set off a spell like that four times in a row unless it was very very strong. Or there was more than one. "But maybe it will leave us alone for a while."

She rested her head on her arm, closing her eyes to sleep off the fatigue. Misery remained awake, rocking the hatchling and keeping a silent watch.

--

Rohn managed to fall asleep again, but only just. There was going to be a wild story to tell Flame in the morning.
@Nope570

Iratha allowed her hands to drop back to the floor, panting from the exertion of holding the spell for so long. She didn't remain upright, simply curling up in front of the door again as if anticipating another attack.

Her head swiveled to face the speaking dragon, and she frowned. "I doubt it," she admitted. Nothing set off a spell like that four times in a row unless it was very very strong. Or there was more than one. "But maybe it will leave us alone for a while."

She rested her head on her arm, closing her eyes to sleep off the fatigue. Misery remained awake, rocking the hatchling and keeping a silent watch.

--

Rohn managed to fall asleep again, but only just. There was going to be a wild story to tell Flame in the morning.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@Dracknorin

The rest of the night passed quietly for both the vault and the vents. In the morning Flame woke Rohn bright and early. She lead the way out of the vents and into the office. From where they were in the office they could smell she scent of burnt and rotting meat. When they reached the stairs the damage was incredible. The walls were covered in scratches and dislodged chunks of solid granite.

The door was a mess, the large metal wheel in the center of the door was cracked and bent. The tumbler, thankfully tucked in the corner of the door, was fine. They had to walk carefully as sharp metal shavings from the door littered the ground. Flame entered the code into the vault door and after a few hard pushes on the wheel the door unlocked and swung open. Flame chuckled and spoke.

"Boy, you sure mad it angry."
@Dracknorin

The rest of the night passed quietly for both the vault and the vents. In the morning Flame woke Rohn bright and early. She lead the way out of the vents and into the office. From where they were in the office they could smell she scent of burnt and rotting meat. When they reached the stairs the damage was incredible. The walls were covered in scratches and dislodged chunks of solid granite.

The door was a mess, the large metal wheel in the center of the door was cracked and bent. The tumbler, thankfully tucked in the corner of the door, was fine. They had to walk carefully as sharp metal shavings from the door littered the ground. Flame entered the code into the vault door and after a few hard pushes on the wheel the door unlocked and swung open. Flame chuckled and spoke.

"Boy, you sure mad it angry."
@Nope570 (( I'm alive. Honest.))

Rohn shuddered, pausing to trace the scratches on the stone. What he had heard must have been the creature pounding on the wheel. It was lucky that they could open the vault at all.

Iratha was the first one out, since Misery had to untangle herself from the sleepy hatchling. The guardian silently surveyed the damage for a moment. "That means I hurt it," she said firmly. "It is susceptible to magic, and it can be destroyed."

"This is far beyond the scope of my knowledge," asserted Misery, sluring through her lack of lips. "Because for everything I was, I never came close to this." She gestured at the destruction around them as she spoke.
@Nope570 (( I'm alive. Honest.))

Rohn shuddered, pausing to trace the scratches on the stone. What he had heard must have been the creature pounding on the wheel. It was lucky that they could open the vault at all.

Iratha was the first one out, since Misery had to untangle herself from the sleepy hatchling. The guardian silently surveyed the damage for a moment. "That means I hurt it," she said firmly. "It is susceptible to magic, and it can be destroyed."

"This is far beyond the scope of my knowledge," asserted Misery, sluring through her lack of lips. "Because for everything I was, I never came close to this." She gestured at the destruction around them as she spoke.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
@Dracknorin ((That sound's like something someone who's not alive would say))

Flame looked around at the damage.

"I don't think you did Iratha. There's no blood, no hair, or scales. It doesn't even smell like anything's burnt. All that's here is metal shavings and a heck of a lot of damage."

She picked up one of the slivers of metal and tried bending it. It was very ridged.

Well, while the lights young lets go take a gander up the mountain. I am going to go get ready in my office, dress warm."

She gestured to one of the dragons leaving the vault.

"When you get a minute, clean up this mess would you?"

She turned and walked up through the obstacle course of debris then walked up the stairs.
@Dracknorin ((That sound's like something someone who's not alive would say))

Flame looked around at the damage.

"I don't think you did Iratha. There's no blood, no hair, or scales. It doesn't even smell like anything's burnt. All that's here is metal shavings and a heck of a lot of damage."

She picked up one of the slivers of metal and tried bending it. It was very ridged.

Well, while the lights young lets go take a gander up the mountain. I am going to go get ready in my office, dress warm."

She gestured to one of the dragons leaving the vault.

"When you get a minute, clean up this mess would you?"

She turned and walked up through the obstacle course of debris then walked up the stairs.
@Nope570 ((Agh! You've seen right through my ruse!))

Still somewhat worried, Iratha, Rohn and Misery headed up the stairs. Rohn remarked that he had detected burnt flesh earlier, but the scent had gone.

The three of them gathered the gear the had left upstairs, bundling into the warm furs and thick cloth of their winter gear. The garments had kept them comfortable during the harsh climb to make it to the town.

Misery wore the least clothing out of any of them, simply keeping her cloak. She seemed to have a natural affinity for the freezing temperatures, and hardly needed extra protection.
@Nope570 ((Agh! You've seen right through my ruse!))

Still somewhat worried, Iratha, Rohn and Misery headed up the stairs. Rohn remarked that he had detected burnt flesh earlier, but the scent had gone.

The three of them gathered the gear the had left upstairs, bundling into the warm furs and thick cloth of their winter gear. The garments had kept them comfortable during the harsh climb to make it to the town.

Misery wore the least clothing out of any of them, simply keeping her cloak. She seemed to have a natural affinity for the freezing temperatures, and hardly needed extra protection.
RP Clan!
She/Her
+ 1 FR Time
Clan Haven welcomes you.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65