Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Clans of the Heavens- IC Thread
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Swallowtail | Skyclan | nope

Swallowtail sleepily pried her eyes open, wondering why she ached all over, and soon realized it was because she had fallen asleep on stone instead of her warm, feathery nest.
She sighed and rose, wincing as dull pain ran over her, concentrated in her side and ear, which were both plastered with cobwebs. She shook her fur and stretched, growling, caught between the pleasurable burn in her muscles and the pain of straining her bruised body.
She sat and gave herself a quick grooming, running her tongue over her paws and side, angling carefully around the long slice, and then rose to all four paws. She padded idly down the levels of stone, thinking vaguely about going hunting, but jolted to such an abrupt halt that she nearly fell as soon as she passed the nursery.
Or more specifically, heard Oakshadow's voice.
What was he doing in the nursery?

Curiosity got the better of her and she swiveled her ears to listen more closely as the DuskClan medicine cat- who decided to join them yesterday afternoon- began to speak.
Talking about a family.
Cold, tingling shock began making its way all down Swallowtail's limbs, freezing her to the spot. Who is she talking to?
She already knew, with horrible certainty, that-
And she flattened her ears as though she could block out Oakshadow's voice as he confirmed her fleeting suspicion.

Poppythorn, carrying a kit through the entrance, looking as bedraggled as any queen after giving birth.
Oakshadow, stopping in the middle of the clearing to stare.
Poppythorn, at the Gathering, catching up to Oakshadow to speak to him and slipping away before Swallowtail could figure out what she wanted.
Oakshadow, refusing to answer Swallowtail.
Oakshadow, purring at Swallowtail, caring for Swallowtail.

No.
She reeled backwards, all her strength heaving her body away from him, unable to get far enough back- back- back-
The force she exerted pushed her whole body off-balance, hurling herself sideways against the stone, and a rock jabbed painfully into her already-sore side. She rose, scrambling across the stone to right herself, leaving trails of cobwebs on the ground.
She couldn't stay here. Distance was safety. Whatever else distance could be, whether a journey or a barrier, it was protection.
She streaked down the slabs, across the stone clearing, past Stormwind and Twigstar and Jasminepaw, through the rocky entrance, not knowing or caring or feeling where her paws were taking her.
No.
She dashed up the mountain, racing as hard as if she were running for her life or something more important than that.
She blunted her claws.
She bounded from rock-to-rock, only slowing her mad dash when she nearly took a fatal fall.
She stopped only when her sides screamed at her as much as her heart did.
No.

Swallowtail sleepily pried her eyes open, wondering why she ached all over, and soon realized it was because she had fallen asleep on stone instead of her warm, feathery nest.
She sighed and rose, wincing as dull pain ran over her, concentrated in her side and ear, which were both plastered with cobwebs. She shook her fur and stretched, growling, caught between the pleasurable burn in her muscles and the pain of straining her bruised body.
She sat and gave herself a quick grooming, running her tongue over her paws and side, angling carefully around the long slice, and then rose to all four paws. She padded idly down the levels of stone, thinking vaguely about going hunting, but jolted to such an abrupt halt that she nearly fell as soon as she passed the nursery.
Or more specifically, heard Oakshadow's voice.
What was he doing in the nursery?

Curiosity got the better of her and she swiveled her ears to listen more closely as the DuskClan medicine cat- who decided to join them yesterday afternoon- began to speak.
Talking about a family.
Cold, tingling shock began making its way all down Swallowtail's limbs, freezing her to the spot. Who is she talking to?
She already knew, with horrible certainty, that-
And she flattened her ears as though she could block out Oakshadow's voice as he confirmed her fleeting suspicion.

Poppythorn, carrying a kit through the entrance, looking as bedraggled as any queen after giving birth.
Oakshadow, stopping in the middle of the clearing to stare.
Poppythorn, at the Gathering, catching up to Oakshadow to speak to him and slipping away before Swallowtail could figure out what she wanted.
Oakshadow, refusing to answer Swallowtail.
Oakshadow, purring at Swallowtail, caring for Swallowtail.

No.
She reeled backwards, all her strength heaving her body away from him, unable to get far enough back- back- back-
The force she exerted pushed her whole body off-balance, hurling herself sideways against the stone, and a rock jabbed painfully into her already-sore side. She rose, scrambling across the stone to right herself, leaving trails of cobwebs on the ground.
She couldn't stay here. Distance was safety. Whatever else distance could be, whether a journey or a barrier, it was protection.
She streaked down the slabs, across the stone clearing, past Stormwind and Twigstar and Jasminepaw, through the rocky entrance, not knowing or caring or feeling where her paws were taking her.
No.
She dashed up the mountain, racing as hard as if she were running for her life or something more important than that.
She blunted her claws.
She bounded from rock-to-rock, only slowing her mad dash when she nearly took a fatal fall.
She stopped only when her sides screamed at her as much as her heart did.
No.
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Dustrunner || Dawnclan || Rustfur, Lynxfang

Dustrunner nodded at his request, enthusiastic as she felt her old self fit back into place. "I'd love to! Any chance to stretch my legs is always a blessing!" She chirruped, bouncing as she got to her paws. It would be good to continue their conversation from earlier somewhere away from the others as well. Rustfur was already nervous to begin with; having to deal with the shock of being deputy on top of that, she was just about ready to drag him by the tail somewhere to get his head on straight. Besides, it's been a while since they'd been on patrol together, she wouldn't mind some quality time.

She turned when the tom regarded her mentor, purring in delight at the sight of her. As Rustfur spoke with Dogeye- star? - she greeted the older she-cat with a friendly bump to the shoulder. "Almost didn't see you there! You awake enough to help feed everyone this morning?" Dustrunner teased, whiskers twitching.

It was almost obvious she was trying to keep things even a little light, even if to others it seemed a little inappropriate ontop of a jarring contrast to the scene not more than a tail-length away from her. But Dustrunner would place her bets on it anyway.
Dustrunner || Dawnclan || Rustfur, Lynxfang

Dustrunner nodded at his request, enthusiastic as she felt her old self fit back into place. "I'd love to! Any chance to stretch my legs is always a blessing!" She chirruped, bouncing as she got to her paws. It would be good to continue their conversation from earlier somewhere away from the others as well. Rustfur was already nervous to begin with; having to deal with the shock of being deputy on top of that, she was just about ready to drag him by the tail somewhere to get his head on straight. Besides, it's been a while since they'd been on patrol together, she wouldn't mind some quality time.

She turned when the tom regarded her mentor, purring in delight at the sight of her. As Rustfur spoke with Dogeye- star? - she greeted the older she-cat with a friendly bump to the shoulder. "Almost didn't see you there! You awake enough to help feed everyone this morning?" Dustrunner teased, whiskers twitching.

It was almost obvious she was trying to keep things even a little light, even if to others it seemed a little inappropriate ontop of a jarring contrast to the scene not more than a tail-length away from her. But Dustrunner would place her bets on it anyway.
FR +15 || Call me Kit or Tea!
Makibaka // Dare to Fight
Oakshadow | Sky Clan | Ashwing & Poppythorn

Oakshadow snarled. He snapped his fangs, putting his maw close to Ashwings. What he would give to rip this stinking swamp-dweller a new one. Partially because of the unwelcome presence he held, but also because Ashwing had blatantly pointed out the last thing Oakshadow wanted to hear. He was afraid.

In all reality, Oakshadow was not ready to become a father. He feared failure and feared his reflection in his own daughter's eyes. He was afraid of the unknown, deathly afraid. Which is why he could not let this go on.

Stomping his paw, he turned tail and stalked rapidly out of the den and out of the camp, unable to face the nursery.

Poppythorn | Dusk Clan | Ashwing

Poppythorn hung her head as she watched the father of her kit leave in such a hurry. She had matured out of this, but he obviously hadn't. It broke her heart, plainly, but she had no more tears to give, and certainly not to an awful cat such as Oakshadow. How could she have been so stupid? "I'm so sorry, Ashwing," she said quietly. "I don't deserve your companionship, but I am grateful for it nevertheless, however, this is no place for either of us... despite Twigstar's intentions. It'll only create more of a divide the longer you stay. I will be fine on my own."

Ruepaw | Dusk Clan | Rabbitpaw & Adderpaw

"Oh, um, th-thank you," was all she could manage to mutter out from her mouth. Pathetic. Ruepaw was taken aback by Rabbitpaw's hug, but she found herself leaning into it. It was all she could do to keep more tears from spilling from her eyes. She hadn't had that much contact with another cat in... moons. Not even from Poppythorn. Speaking of which, she hadn't seen her annoying sister since before the events of yesterday. She wondered what had happened to her. Ashwing, too. She was pulled from her thoughts by Adderpaw's voice.

"Y-Yeah, it was terrifying, I thought I was actually going to die," she told the apprentice, "but everything worked out well. I'm just glad we're still here." So glad. "And, um, sort of... but I'm okay." she grinned and nudged him playfully. "Hey, you guys are almost warriors, right? Can we go hunting? I'm sure the clan will appreciate some prey in the pile right now. Besides, I'm starving."
~~~

The clouds first appeared over the northern horizon. A beautiful day at dawn, the Leaf-Fall air still retained its warmth, despite its fleetingness. If a cat opened his mouth, they would be met with the dry air of the season as the falling of leaves had not yet turned the forest air with decay. As the day went on, it seemed that Star Clan had sent a blessed day in return for the horrors of yesterday. They already seemed so far away.

The north turned dark as the morning dragged forward. Rain would be upon them by nightfall. Something else tingled in the air, a certain energy. Perhaps it was the elation of cats, their hopes for a new beginning. Whatever it was, it grew as the clouds moved to the south of the territories, settling over the bogs where the secretive Dusk Clan dwelled.

The forest inhaled. A gust of air picked up the fallen twigs and willow strands, a reminder that all the grows may break. And, as if to remind these foolish cats that their terror still thrived, the black clouds let forth a might crack of thunder, lightning, and wind. The sound shook the forest, sending kits to their mothers and warriors' eyes to the lands above the marshes. And in the air, the acrid stench of smoke began to rise as the forest burned.
Oakshadow | Sky Clan | Ashwing & Poppythorn

Oakshadow snarled. He snapped his fangs, putting his maw close to Ashwings. What he would give to rip this stinking swamp-dweller a new one. Partially because of the unwelcome presence he held, but also because Ashwing had blatantly pointed out the last thing Oakshadow wanted to hear. He was afraid.

In all reality, Oakshadow was not ready to become a father. He feared failure and feared his reflection in his own daughter's eyes. He was afraid of the unknown, deathly afraid. Which is why he could not let this go on.

Stomping his paw, he turned tail and stalked rapidly out of the den and out of the camp, unable to face the nursery.

Poppythorn | Dusk Clan | Ashwing

Poppythorn hung her head as she watched the father of her kit leave in such a hurry. She had matured out of this, but he obviously hadn't. It broke her heart, plainly, but she had no more tears to give, and certainly not to an awful cat such as Oakshadow. How could she have been so stupid? "I'm so sorry, Ashwing," she said quietly. "I don't deserve your companionship, but I am grateful for it nevertheless, however, this is no place for either of us... despite Twigstar's intentions. It'll only create more of a divide the longer you stay. I will be fine on my own."

Ruepaw | Dusk Clan | Rabbitpaw & Adderpaw

"Oh, um, th-thank you," was all she could manage to mutter out from her mouth. Pathetic. Ruepaw was taken aback by Rabbitpaw's hug, but she found herself leaning into it. It was all she could do to keep more tears from spilling from her eyes. She hadn't had that much contact with another cat in... moons. Not even from Poppythorn. Speaking of which, she hadn't seen her annoying sister since before the events of yesterday. She wondered what had happened to her. Ashwing, too. She was pulled from her thoughts by Adderpaw's voice.

"Y-Yeah, it was terrifying, I thought I was actually going to die," she told the apprentice, "but everything worked out well. I'm just glad we're still here." So glad. "And, um, sort of... but I'm okay." she grinned and nudged him playfully. "Hey, you guys are almost warriors, right? Can we go hunting? I'm sure the clan will appreciate some prey in the pile right now. Besides, I'm starving."
~~~

The clouds first appeared over the northern horizon. A beautiful day at dawn, the Leaf-Fall air still retained its warmth, despite its fleetingness. If a cat opened his mouth, they would be met with the dry air of the season as the falling of leaves had not yet turned the forest air with decay. As the day went on, it seemed that Star Clan had sent a blessed day in return for the horrors of yesterday. They already seemed so far away.

The north turned dark as the morning dragged forward. Rain would be upon them by nightfall. Something else tingled in the air, a certain energy. Perhaps it was the elation of cats, their hopes for a new beginning. Whatever it was, it grew as the clouds moved to the south of the territories, settling over the bogs where the secretive Dusk Clan dwelled.

The forest inhaled. A gust of air picked up the fallen twigs and willow strands, a reminder that all the grows may break. And, as if to remind these foolish cats that their terror still thrived, the black clouds let forth a might crack of thunder, lightning, and wind. The sound shook the forest, sending kits to their mothers and warriors' eyes to the lands above the marshes. And in the air, the acrid stench of smoke began to rise as the forest burned.
Mousethunder|dusk|Duskclan

Mousethunder was the first to smell the smoke. Her already large golden eyes widened, and she let out a shrill warning. "FIRE! GET THE SICK, GET THE INJURED, AND RUN!" she had shreiked. She rushed into Willowstars den, rememering that both cats in there were injured. "Deathwhipsper, get on my back, I can carry you. Willowstar, carry the apprentices."

She hardly listened as her leader questioned her judgement, she was desperate to get the sick and injured out.
Mousethunder|dusk|Duskclan

Mousethunder was the first to smell the smoke. Her already large golden eyes widened, and she let out a shrill warning. "FIRE! GET THE SICK, GET THE INJURED, AND RUN!" she had shreiked. She rushed into Willowstars den, rememering that both cats in there were injured. "Deathwhipsper, get on my back, I can carry you. Willowstar, carry the apprentices."

She hardly listened as her leader questioned her judgement, she was desperate to get the sick and injured out.
jj3Bino.png
Red - He/They
Art Shop
Hatchery
Bio Shop

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa4l8x2fP.gif
Deathwhisper | Dusk Clan | Willowstar, Mousethunder (Dusk) Dusk Clan

He answered, “I don’t either, but none of us can defeat Mu by ourselves.” Thinking for a moment he added on, hoping he wouldn’t sound insulting, “But we need to get back in normal routine quick. Dawn Clan lost more than we did, if they can rise then so can we. At this point, the other two clans most likely isn’t our biggest worries, Mu is.” Especially chilling to think that any one of them can be corrupted and their own clan can just betray them… he wanted to believe in his clan, but the silent distrust still settled within the bottom of his heart. Can I even trust myself? My leader?

Shaking the thoughts off, he finally answered, “The clan still needs to be fed, but if you truly don’t want a hunting patrol out then feel free to say so. I’ll be around.” With that, he was left feeling that there wasn’t much he can say to change the others mind as the last of his words left his maw. They still have enough to send out small patrols … So much to do and yet he’s only being a hindering with his injuries.

He was however, disrupted by Mousethunder rushing in screaming fire and commanding him to get on her. “No, you go help the clan or Willowstar. You two needs to leave, I’ll make sure the rest of the clan gets out. I can’t stop you Willowstar from staying but I’m not leaving until i know Dusk Clan is out of this place. Get them to the river banks!” He answered quickly but making sure his punctuations are clear and words understood. Deathwhisper was internally panicking the moment the other rushed in with screams and the word fire reached his ears, but still held his grounds. These were the times he really did not want to argue and mess things up. Lives were at stake and he’d rather die then multiple warriors dying because of him.
Deathwhisper | Dusk Clan | Willowstar, Mousethunder (Dusk) Dusk Clan

He answered, “I don’t either, but none of us can defeat Mu by ourselves.” Thinking for a moment he added on, hoping he wouldn’t sound insulting, “But we need to get back in normal routine quick. Dawn Clan lost more than we did, if they can rise then so can we. At this point, the other two clans most likely isn’t our biggest worries, Mu is.” Especially chilling to think that any one of them can be corrupted and their own clan can just betray them… he wanted to believe in his clan, but the silent distrust still settled within the bottom of his heart. Can I even trust myself? My leader?

Shaking the thoughts off, he finally answered, “The clan still needs to be fed, but if you truly don’t want a hunting patrol out then feel free to say so. I’ll be around.” With that, he was left feeling that there wasn’t much he can say to change the others mind as the last of his words left his maw. They still have enough to send out small patrols … So much to do and yet he’s only being a hindering with his injuries.

He was however, disrupted by Mousethunder rushing in screaming fire and commanding him to get on her. “No, you go help the clan or Willowstar. You two needs to leave, I’ll make sure the rest of the clan gets out. I can’t stop you Willowstar from staying but I’m not leaving until i know Dusk Clan is out of this place. Get them to the river banks!” He answered quickly but making sure his punctuations are clear and words understood. Deathwhisper was internally panicking the moment the other rushed in with screams and the word fire reached his ears, but still held his grounds. These were the times he really did not want to argue and mess things up. Lives were at stake and he’d rather die then multiple warriors dying because of him.
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!
Darkstep | DuskClan | Lots and lots of cats

Darkstep, who had been drawing his tongue over his fur in the shade, shot upward at Mousethunder's warning.
Ugh. Why am I always grooming when these things happen.
Flamingpelt rushed by, flashing him a horrified look, and Darkstep stepped into his brother's path to halt him.
"Get the apprentices," he meowed quietly, and the fiery tom nodded, eyes wild with fear. And Darkstep knew why.
Fire was especially sensitive to Flamingpelt.
And for another cat too...
Darkstep wheeled and ran for the elders' den, where his eyes soon adjusted to the gloom, and he took in the sight of Raindapple's surprisingly alert eyes and a still-beautiful, tuxedo she-cat crouched over her nest as though she were protecting kits, her eyes wild with fury.
"Raindapple," meowed Darkstep mechanically, keeping his eyes on Longwhisker, who hissed. "If you will..."
The she-cat scooted past him, looking over her shoulder at Longwhisker, flashes of concern lighting the darkest parts of her eyes.
"Mother," began Darkstep, stepping into the den, and Longwhisker hissed.
"My kits are coming," she hissed, bushing herself up. "They're coming! Where is Swiftfoot? Where is he?"
Darkstep glanced over his shoulder at the camp, but he stepped deeper into the den. "Mother. Longwhisker. I'm your kit, remember? Your kits are grown."
Longwhisker blinked at him and didn't protest as he nudged her gently out of the den, tail wrapping around her, and guided her to the entrance.
Raindapple was waiting for him, eyes huge. "Where are we going, Darkstep?"
"Little Rocks," he ground out, without hesitation, sweeping his eyes over the camp for both Flamingpelt and Saptongue, though he couldn't explain why over the latter, even if he had time to try.
Longwhisker tripped dazedly over the earth and Darkstep bent, pressing his shoulder against hers to support her. Raindapple swept to her other side and together, he escorted both elders out of camp and through the boggy swamp, silently guiding them around the treacherous areas.
Darkstep | DuskClan | Lots and lots of cats

Darkstep, who had been drawing his tongue over his fur in the shade, shot upward at Mousethunder's warning.
Ugh. Why am I always grooming when these things happen.
Flamingpelt rushed by, flashing him a horrified look, and Darkstep stepped into his brother's path to halt him.
"Get the apprentices," he meowed quietly, and the fiery tom nodded, eyes wild with fear. And Darkstep knew why.
Fire was especially sensitive to Flamingpelt.
And for another cat too...
Darkstep wheeled and ran for the elders' den, where his eyes soon adjusted to the gloom, and he took in the sight of Raindapple's surprisingly alert eyes and a still-beautiful, tuxedo she-cat crouched over her nest as though she were protecting kits, her eyes wild with fury.
"Raindapple," meowed Darkstep mechanically, keeping his eyes on Longwhisker, who hissed. "If you will..."
The she-cat scooted past him, looking over her shoulder at Longwhisker, flashes of concern lighting the darkest parts of her eyes.
"Mother," began Darkstep, stepping into the den, and Longwhisker hissed.
"My kits are coming," she hissed, bushing herself up. "They're coming! Where is Swiftfoot? Where is he?"
Darkstep glanced over his shoulder at the camp, but he stepped deeper into the den. "Mother. Longwhisker. I'm your kit, remember? Your kits are grown."
Longwhisker blinked at him and didn't protest as he nudged her gently out of the den, tail wrapping around her, and guided her to the entrance.
Raindapple was waiting for him, eyes huge. "Where are we going, Darkstep?"
"Little Rocks," he ground out, without hesitation, sweeping his eyes over the camp for both Flamingpelt and Saptongue, though he couldn't explain why over the latter, even if he had time to try.
Longwhisker tripped dazedly over the earth and Darkstep bent, pressing his shoulder against hers to support her. Raindapple swept to her other side and together, he escorted both elders out of camp and through the boggy swamp, silently guiding them around the treacherous areas.

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Rabbitpaw, Adderpaw| DuskClan Dawnclan | Ruepaw

Adderpaw grinned at Ruepaw's nudge, but he didn't seems satisfied by her reponse. "If you still are having Nightmare's doesn't that mean it's still isn't over? What did Dogeye said again about that evil spirit"he asked, Rabbitpaw only shrugged. "Dunno but i hope that guy stays dead, he's responsible for my mentors breakdown and dead" she puffed her chest angrily.

Adderpaw smiled nervously and got back to Ruepaws second comment, true he was nearly done with his apprenticeship. "Oh you're right, didn't notice that. I'm used to this kind of life now, but you're right we should go hunt. Are you coming with us Rabbitpaw? I'm sure you want to go back home though" he asked.

"Aww screw it, i'm got one moon late to be apprentice i can lose a moon to be warrior, if thats the case. I have much more fun here, the others are probably all being sad and grumpy. Not really my thing, it make me depressed too" she said jumping back up. "The last one arriving is a slow slug" she laughed heading down to the dark cleric direction.

"Wait that's not fair you are faster then us, at least give us a head start" complained Adderpaw he gave a look at Ruepaw and grinned "Let's get her" he said.

(( Put that before Mousethunder screamed Fire))
Rabbitpaw, Adderpaw| DuskClan Dawnclan | Ruepaw

Adderpaw grinned at Ruepaw's nudge, but he didn't seems satisfied by her reponse. "If you still are having Nightmare's doesn't that mean it's still isn't over? What did Dogeye said again about that evil spirit"he asked, Rabbitpaw only shrugged. "Dunno but i hope that guy stays dead, he's responsible for my mentors breakdown and dead" she puffed her chest angrily.

Adderpaw smiled nervously and got back to Ruepaws second comment, true he was nearly done with his apprenticeship. "Oh you're right, didn't notice that. I'm used to this kind of life now, but you're right we should go hunt. Are you coming with us Rabbitpaw? I'm sure you want to go back home though" he asked.

"Aww screw it, i'm got one moon late to be apprentice i can lose a moon to be warrior, if thats the case. I have much more fun here, the others are probably all being sad and grumpy. Not really my thing, it make me depressed too" she said jumping back up. "The last one arriving is a slow slug" she laughed heading down to the dark cleric direction.

"Wait that's not fair you are faster then us, at least give us a head start" complained Adderpaw he gave a look at Ruepaw and grinned "Let's get her" he said.

(( Put that before Mousethunder screamed Fire))
qvTNuJR.pngny1CRK5.png
Deathwhisper | Dusk Clan | Hollyeyes

Before anyone can stop the injured deputy, he rushed out of the leader's den trusting the Mousethunder to be able to help his leader and that Willowstar will be strong enough. Dashing out to the center of camp, he surveyed around, making split second decisions as to where to go. The nursery, Medicine den, elders and apprentices are the most vulnerable, and was more than glad to see that Darkstep was already getting the Elders and sending Flamingpelt for the apprentices. Hopefully they've got them … The sense of relief barely settled before he's on the move to the nursery as fast as he can with a limp that Deathwhisper barely paid attention to.

The smell of smoke and fire and just death of the enviroment around him stinged his nose and clouded his head, and his instincts is to run for his lives but he ducked into the nursery anyways, looking to see who's there. No one. Good. Next up … With a sharp turn he left, already priortizing the clan. Willowstar, because she's the leader, the medicine cats so they can heal, the elders and queens, the apprentices, the warriors, and then him. Crossing off the list, there were cats who should be here however that isn't. Hopefully they are far from the fire … Checking where the smoke and smell seems to be coming from, he limped towards the medicine den, "Hollyeyes! There's a fire and you need to get out-" He got cut off when he had to cough, barely muffling it with a snap of his jaw.

Deathwhisper | Dusk Clan | Hollyeyes

Before anyone can stop the injured deputy, he rushed out of the leader's den trusting the Mousethunder to be able to help his leader and that Willowstar will be strong enough. Dashing out to the center of camp, he surveyed around, making split second decisions as to where to go. The nursery, Medicine den, elders and apprentices are the most vulnerable, and was more than glad to see that Darkstep was already getting the Elders and sending Flamingpelt for the apprentices. Hopefully they've got them … The sense of relief barely settled before he's on the move to the nursery as fast as he can with a limp that Deathwhisper barely paid attention to.

The smell of smoke and fire and just death of the enviroment around him stinged his nose and clouded his head, and his instincts is to run for his lives but he ducked into the nursery anyways, looking to see who's there. No one. Good. Next up … With a sharp turn he left, already priortizing the clan. Willowstar, because she's the leader, the medicine cats so they can heal, the elders and queens, the apprentices, the warriors, and then him. Crossing off the list, there were cats who should be here however that isn't. Hopefully they are far from the fire … Checking where the smoke and smell seems to be coming from, he limped towards the medicine den, "Hollyeyes! There's a fire and you need to get out-" He got cut off when he had to cough, barely muffling it with a snap of his jaw.

back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!

No. No. This was not how it was supposed to be. This could not be reality.
There was a strange buzzing in Swallowtail's ears.
She had misunderstood their conversation. Or Poppythorn had two toms on a string somewhere and that kit was the unknown tom's, not his-
She circled in the little cove she had found for herself.
This was not how it was supposed to be.
But how she could possibly have misunderstood that? It was so- so brutally self-explanatory.

How long has this been going on?
It took...approximately three moons for a she-cat to be pregnant, didn't it? And surely they would have...courted before having kits, so that probably...added another moon or two.
She sank to the ground.
She'd been...nine moons old?
I was an apprentice.
A rush of humiliation overtook her as she thought of all the ridiculous antics she would pull in Oakshadow's presence, some of them as stupid as running away from him because he looked too good that day. Some of them were as stupid as trying to show off her hunting skills and ending up rolling into a tree. Some of them were as stupid as thinking she was in love with a cat who'd never... He'd never...
She shut down the thought before it formed, because she was not brave enough to accept the reality that the dream had crumbled to dust in less than minutes.
He'd ruined the dream, and she would not get it back.
She had never felt so stupid, or so small.

She'd thought she was smarter than that.
She'd thought he was better than that.
And she was so, so wrong, it was almost funny. Hysteria built inside Swallowtail, crazed giggles applying pressure to her throat, craving release. Hilarious.
He must think he was so clever.
Maybe he thought this was hilarious.
And if she was wrong about Oakshadow- if she had never been right about something as twistedly important as him- what had she been right about?
Had she ever gotten anything right?
Had she always been as hysterically, hilariously wrong about everything?

Swallowtail grew very cold as a sudden thought bounded across her mind: if no one had ever found out about Poppythorn and...him, what would have happened?
Would he have taken her as his mate? His other mate.
Swallowtail curled her paws to her stomach, eyes wide, never so repulsed by that idea.
Would she have borne his kits? Would she have gone on, happy, ignorant, blissful, for the rest of forever?
How could you do this?
Wasn't it bad enough that he'd taken a medicine cat for a mate? Did he have to steal her heart too?
Why would you do this?
Swallowtail stared at the wall, her body thudding with the force of her dull, dead heartbeat.
Oakshadow had broken the code, and her heart along with it.

No. No. This was not how it was supposed to be. This could not be reality.
There was a strange buzzing in Swallowtail's ears.
She had misunderstood their conversation. Or Poppythorn had two toms on a string somewhere and that kit was the unknown tom's, not his-
She circled in the little cove she had found for herself.
This was not how it was supposed to be.
But how she could possibly have misunderstood that? It was so- so brutally self-explanatory.

How long has this been going on?
It took...approximately three moons for a she-cat to be pregnant, didn't it? And surely they would have...courted before having kits, so that probably...added another moon or two.
She sank to the ground.
She'd been...nine moons old?
I was an apprentice.
A rush of humiliation overtook her as she thought of all the ridiculous antics she would pull in Oakshadow's presence, some of them as stupid as running away from him because he looked too good that day. Some of them were as stupid as trying to show off her hunting skills and ending up rolling into a tree. Some of them were as stupid as thinking she was in love with a cat who'd never... He'd never...
She shut down the thought before it formed, because she was not brave enough to accept the reality that the dream had crumbled to dust in less than minutes.
He'd ruined the dream, and she would not get it back.
She had never felt so stupid, or so small.

She'd thought she was smarter than that.
She'd thought he was better than that.
And she was so, so wrong, it was almost funny. Hysteria built inside Swallowtail, crazed giggles applying pressure to her throat, craving release. Hilarious.
He must think he was so clever.
Maybe he thought this was hilarious.
And if she was wrong about Oakshadow- if she had never been right about something as twistedly important as him- what had she been right about?
Had she ever gotten anything right?
Had she always been as hysterically, hilariously wrong about everything?

Swallowtail grew very cold as a sudden thought bounded across her mind: if no one had ever found out about Poppythorn and...him, what would have happened?
Would he have taken her as his mate? His other mate.
Swallowtail curled her paws to her stomach, eyes wide, never so repulsed by that idea.
Would she have borne his kits? Would she have gone on, happy, ignorant, blissful, for the rest of forever?
How could you do this?
Wasn't it bad enough that he'd taken a medicine cat for a mate? Did he have to steal her heart too?
Why would you do this?
Swallowtail stared at the wall, her body thudding with the force of her dull, dead heartbeat.
Oakshadow had broken the code, and her heart along with it.

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Ruepaw | Dusk Clan | Adderpaw & Rabbitpaw

Ruepaw's ears shot up at the commotion from the camp. They had barely left the bramble wall when the stench of something acrid hit her nostrils, like dry air and dirt mixed into a stinging smog. "Hold up, you guys!" she mewed to Adderpaw and Rabbitpaw, "I think... Is that a fire??" She looked to the older apprentices for answers. She had only heard stories from the elders of devastating wildfires that rendered cats homeless and burned indiscriminately. Fire did not belong to cats, it was a forbidden and dangerous element. When unleashed, it could take dozens of lives. "W-We have to go back an help the Clan if that's the case, wh-what do we do?"
Ruepaw | Dusk Clan | Adderpaw & Rabbitpaw

Ruepaw's ears shot up at the commotion from the camp. They had barely left the bramble wall when the stench of something acrid hit her nostrils, like dry air and dirt mixed into a stinging smog. "Hold up, you guys!" she mewed to Adderpaw and Rabbitpaw, "I think... Is that a fire??" She looked to the older apprentices for answers. She had only heard stories from the elders of devastating wildfires that rendered cats homeless and burned indiscriminately. Fire did not belong to cats, it was a forbidden and dangerous element. When unleashed, it could take dozens of lives. "W-We have to go back an help the Clan if that's the case, wh-what do we do?"
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44