Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eightleaf Town RP -- Starfall 2017
1 2 3 4
@Faededfyre
He jumped almost dropping the bundles of flowers from the sudden intrusion of a dragon coming out of the desk, he then chuckled. "Well then buddy, you might have a green claw but apparently it serves no use with plants! That ok! You can dry them! It'll preserve the beauty of the flowers without water or anything!" He handed out the boquet to the spiral "just leave them where ever! They just be fragile. Maybe you can decorate the place with last minute flowers? Who knows! Any of you two have decorating skills?"
@Faededfyre
He jumped almost dropping the bundles of flowers from the sudden intrusion of a dragon coming out of the desk, he then chuckled. "Well then buddy, you might have a green claw but apparently it serves no use with plants! That ok! You can dry them! It'll preserve the beauty of the flowers without water or anything!" He handed out the boquet to the spiral "just leave them where ever! They just be fragile. Maybe you can decorate the place with last minute flowers? Who knows! Any of you two have decorating skills?"
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
@akrimau

"Why? It's bigger than I am!" the girl asked, partially confused and partially distracted by her excitement and potentially meeting her new best friend. Indeed, the thing was about four feet long.

"Because, even though it's so big, caterpillars have very soft skin. If you're not careful, you might hurt it," her mother answered.

"Ohh..." the girl responded. Then, she smiled up at Spinel and held up her arms. "I'll be careful, then. I promise!"

@Faededfyre

Munaa had been waiting long enough that he decided to go back inside to warm himself a little. He hadn't been inside long when there was a knock on the door and a call: his delivery was finally here.

The Coatl hurried to the door and opened it, not sure whether to smile in relief or frown in annoyance. In the end, he just hurriedly told the postal dragon, "Thank you; I'll take that right away."

If that wasn't the last piece of his costume, he swore...

@SkullLotus

Grip wasn't sure if he was annoyed or relieved that the Tundra was leaving. On the one hand, these dragons kept just rushing off without even waiting for a response. If he didn't know any better, he'd say they were hiding something. Maybe they were just air-headed like that, though. Unless you're in a real rush, after all, you should wait for the person you're talking to to say goodbye!

"Fannar," he growled.

"Yes, sir?" Fannar asked, a little bit nervous.

"When the festivities start, break up those flowers and distribute them among our dragons. Mr. Papplion is right. They deserve a little treat for how hard they're working."

Fannar beamed at his superior's response. "Yes, sir!"
@akrimau

"Why? It's bigger than I am!" the girl asked, partially confused and partially distracted by her excitement and potentially meeting her new best friend. Indeed, the thing was about four feet long.

"Because, even though it's so big, caterpillars have very soft skin. If you're not careful, you might hurt it," her mother answered.

"Ohh..." the girl responded. Then, she smiled up at Spinel and held up her arms. "I'll be careful, then. I promise!"

@Faededfyre

Munaa had been waiting long enough that he decided to go back inside to warm himself a little. He hadn't been inside long when there was a knock on the door and a call: his delivery was finally here.

The Coatl hurried to the door and opened it, not sure whether to smile in relief or frown in annoyance. In the end, he just hurriedly told the postal dragon, "Thank you; I'll take that right away."

If that wasn't the last piece of his costume, he swore...

@SkullLotus

Grip wasn't sure if he was annoyed or relieved that the Tundra was leaving. On the one hand, these dragons kept just rushing off without even waiting for a response. If he didn't know any better, he'd say they were hiding something. Maybe they were just air-headed like that, though. Unless you're in a real rush, after all, you should wait for the person you're talking to to say goodbye!

"Fannar," he growled.

"Yes, sir?" Fannar asked, a little bit nervous.

"When the festivities start, break up those flowers and distribute them among our dragons. Mr. Papplion is right. They deserve a little treat for how hard they're working."

Fannar beamed at his superior's response. "Yes, sir!"
@cryoluxa

Spinel smiled and nodded at the mother. She seemed to have a pretty good handle on things. Spinel felt much better about leaving an animal in their care than she originally did. "That's exactly right," she said to the mother before turning to the child. "Okay, it's a little heavy, so be prepared to support it's weight. Make sure you are supporting it's underside; you can cradle it in your arms or hold it against your chest, as long as it's legs are touching you. That makes it feel more secure." Spinel then carefully handed the caterpillar to the child, making sure the kid was able to support its weight before letting go entirely.
@cryoluxa

Spinel smiled and nodded at the mother. She seemed to have a pretty good handle on things. Spinel felt much better about leaving an animal in their care than she originally did. "That's exactly right," she said to the mother before turning to the child. "Okay, it's a little heavy, so be prepared to support it's weight. Make sure you are supporting it's underside; you can cradle it in your arms or hold it against your chest, as long as it's legs are touching you. That makes it feel more secure." Spinel then carefully handed the caterpillar to the child, making sure the kid was able to support its weight before letting go entirely.
Untitled-2.png
@SkullLotus
Flesher chuckled, "It might make this place look a little different. Though I've never been a good decorator." She looked around the room they were in, most of the shelves were pretty plain and stuffed with books. There was little decoration anywhere, just books. And somewhere in between the shelves was a blue mirror trying to extend the length of time he can return books to their proper places for. Flesher turned back to the tundra, "If I was any good at decorating, this place probably wouldn't look so dull."

@Cryoluxra
Clutter quickly handed over the package, hoping it hadn't been delivered too late for what they needed. "Sorry it's so late," she smiled and wondered how annoyed they were about this. She turned to leave and head back to the post office.
((Sorry it's so short, tried thinking of more then the new gene distracted me and I completely lost how I was going to finish this better))
@SkullLotus
Flesher chuckled, "It might make this place look a little different. Though I've never been a good decorator." She looked around the room they were in, most of the shelves were pretty plain and stuffed with books. There was little decoration anywhere, just books. And somewhere in between the shelves was a blue mirror trying to extend the length of time he can return books to their proper places for. Flesher turned back to the tundra, "If I was any good at decorating, this place probably wouldn't look so dull."

@Cryoluxra
Clutter quickly handed over the package, hoping it hadn't been delivered too late for what they needed. "Sorry it's so late," she smiled and wondered how annoyed they were about this. She turned to leave and head back to the post office.
((Sorry it's so short, tried thinking of more then the new gene distracted me and I completely lost how I was going to finish this better))
ilikefaenecks.gif
@akrimau

The hatchling's face showed her intense concentration in full as she carefully accepted the critter. The thing started chittering and wiggling its little feet, looking around as it hung in the air, and the residual foot-movement tickled the little girl. She giggled in response, and squirmed some, but still was very careful about holding the creature safely. Soon, the caterpillar was draped over her shoulder, and its feet were comfortably secured on the little dragon's body. Some sort of contented rumbling came from the fuzzy, pink creature, and the little hatchling was all smiles, eyes straining to the side to look at it without turning her head, lest she disturb it.

"So? What do you think?" her mother asked, a very pleased and knowing smile on her face.

Quietly, the little one whispered, "She's perfect!"

@Faededfyre

((Don't worry about it. :) Length of post is secondary to post quality, after all. Sometimes, people come up with even one-liners, and that's okay, so long as you put your best into it. And sometimes, a one-liner carries the most impact. All depends on the context. ))

Munaa sighed a little to himself and gave a bit of an awkward frown at the Nocturne. "That's...okay. It's a holiday, so things are probably busy for you, too. ... Happy Starfall."

And with that, he got the package inside and closed the door behind him using his tail. That out of the way, he hurriedly pushed it along until it was backstage with the rest of his wardrobe. A little nervously, he slid a claw along the taped, brown cardboard and popped the lid open. Apprehensively, he peered into the box...and his eyes widened...
@akrimau

The hatchling's face showed her intense concentration in full as she carefully accepted the critter. The thing started chittering and wiggling its little feet, looking around as it hung in the air, and the residual foot-movement tickled the little girl. She giggled in response, and squirmed some, but still was very careful about holding the creature safely. Soon, the caterpillar was draped over her shoulder, and its feet were comfortably secured on the little dragon's body. Some sort of contented rumbling came from the fuzzy, pink creature, and the little hatchling was all smiles, eyes straining to the side to look at it without turning her head, lest she disturb it.

"So? What do you think?" her mother asked, a very pleased and knowing smile on her face.

Quietly, the little one whispered, "She's perfect!"

@Faededfyre

((Don't worry about it. :) Length of post is secondary to post quality, after all. Sometimes, people come up with even one-liners, and that's okay, so long as you put your best into it. And sometimes, a one-liner carries the most impact. All depends on the context. ))

Munaa sighed a little to himself and gave a bit of an awkward frown at the Nocturne. "That's...okay. It's a holiday, so things are probably busy for you, too. ... Happy Starfall."

And with that, he got the package inside and closed the door behind him using his tail. That out of the way, he hurriedly pushed it along until it was backstage with the rest of his wardrobe. A little nervously, he slid a claw along the taped, brown cardboard and popped the lid open. Apprehensively, he peered into the box...and his eyes widened...
@FaededFyre
"Ah, oh really? Perhaps stuffing some flowers here or there might give this place a mood change fit for Starfall! Well, I've got to go! Have several other places to get to! Have fun happy Starfall!" The gardener hopped off to his next destination.

@akrimau @Cryoluxa
Papplion hopped of into the shops finding the petshop. Slowly poking his head into the store then his body he smiled once again and spoke "Hello! Hopefully I'm not interrupting pet picking! Sorry if I am!" He unfurled a bundle of flowers and gave it to the owner "Happy Starfall! Have these flowers as a gift!". He turned to the hatchling and the caterpillar "You two have a great Starfall kay'?"
@FaededFyre
"Ah, oh really? Perhaps stuffing some flowers here or there might give this place a mood change fit for Starfall! Well, I've got to go! Have several other places to get to! Have fun happy Starfall!" The gardener hopped off to his next destination.

@akrimau @Cryoluxa
Papplion hopped of into the shops finding the petshop. Slowly poking his head into the store then his body he smiled once again and spoke "Hello! Hopefully I'm not interrupting pet picking! Sorry if I am!" He unfurled a bundle of flowers and gave it to the owner "Happy Starfall! Have these flowers as a gift!". He turned to the hatchling and the caterpillar "You two have a great Starfall kay'?"
@cryoluxa @skullLotus

Spinels heart swelled with joy as she saw how perfect the caterpillar and the child looked together. She was certain they'd be happy together. "Great! Let me just get you the neccesary supplies and then-" she was surprised by the enterance of another dragon. "Oh!! Hello!" She grinned at Papplion and took the flowers from him. "Thank you so much! Happy starfall!"

Nash looked up from over his book to give Papplion a friendly smile.
@cryoluxa @skullLotus

Spinels heart swelled with joy as she saw how perfect the caterpillar and the child looked together. She was certain they'd be happy together. "Great! Let me just get you the neccesary supplies and then-" she was surprised by the enterance of another dragon. "Oh!! Hello!" She grinned at Papplion and took the flowers from him. "Thank you so much! Happy starfall!"

Nash looked up from over his book to give Papplion a friendly smile.
Untitled-2.png
@SkullLotus

(( Okay, so, just wanted to throw this out there: please keep the timeline in mind. Even if he's rushing it, I doubt Papplion can get from place to place within milliseconds. Talking takes a lot less time than travel, and he's been hurrying all over town. I've been stretching the boundaries of plausibility by assuming all these events are happening at different points on the timeline, but in the future, please keep travel times realistic. Unless your character can teleport somehow, (s)he isn't going to be in two different buildings in the same post unless there's a timeskip going on (and there isn't.) Good thing to keep in mind: The amount of time it takes two dragons to exchange a couple sentences is never enough time for a dragon to cross town. Does this mean a lot less interaction and a lot more waiting around? Yep. But we need to preserve the space-time continuum, and your (read: anyone's) dragon doesn't need to interact with every dragon in play, no matter what his/her goals are. Let's keep things realistic. If necessary, I can throw generics or other dragons who would reasonably interact with yours at you so you have something to do while your dragon's in transit.

As it is, I'm not really sure how to control these particular pet shop generics. Papplion's warping has kind of stymied me. I may wind up just summarizing events soon. As previously stated, everyone can feel free to fill in with their characters (including writing up more Starfall interactions retroactively) after the summary. Remember, the Starfall Celebration lasts a whole week! ))
@SkullLotus

(( Okay, so, just wanted to throw this out there: please keep the timeline in mind. Even if he's rushing it, I doubt Papplion can get from place to place within milliseconds. Talking takes a lot less time than travel, and he's been hurrying all over town. I've been stretching the boundaries of plausibility by assuming all these events are happening at different points on the timeline, but in the future, please keep travel times realistic. Unless your character can teleport somehow, (s)he isn't going to be in two different buildings in the same post unless there's a timeskip going on (and there isn't.) Good thing to keep in mind: The amount of time it takes two dragons to exchange a couple sentences is never enough time for a dragon to cross town. Does this mean a lot less interaction and a lot more waiting around? Yep. But we need to preserve the space-time continuum, and your (read: anyone's) dragon doesn't need to interact with every dragon in play, no matter what his/her goals are. Let's keep things realistic. If necessary, I can throw generics or other dragons who would reasonably interact with yours at you so you have something to do while your dragon's in transit.

As it is, I'm not really sure how to control these particular pet shop generics. Papplion's warping has kind of stymied me. I may wind up just summarizing events soon. As previously stated, everyone can feel free to fill in with their characters (including writing up more Starfall interactions retroactively) after the summary. Remember, the Starfall Celebration lasts a whole week! ))
@Cryoluxa
((Ah, I'm terribly sorry about that... I think the problem might be how I laid out the town in my head. In my mind I assumed that the shops were close together next to each other and Papplion is walking/rushing to a store right next or two over. I'm not sure how you laid/planned out the shops/stores in your mind but they are mostly like different. Perhaps if you explained how you laid out the shops or directed me to a place to find that out it would be much appreciated. I am also not sure how you've have planned the day out so maybe post here and here saying what time of day it was would be nice? No need to though, it might be just me with the problem. Like I said I am terribly sorry about this.))
@Cryoluxa
((Ah, I'm terribly sorry about that... I think the problem might be how I laid out the town in my head. In my mind I assumed that the shops were close together next to each other and Papplion is walking/rushing to a store right next or two over. I'm not sure how you laid/planned out the shops/stores in your mind but they are mostly like different. Perhaps if you explained how you laid out the shops or directed me to a place to find that out it would be much appreciated. I am also not sure how you've have planned the day out so maybe post here and here saying what time of day it was would be nice? No need to though, it might be just me with the problem. Like I said I am terribly sorry about this.))
@SkullLotus

(( No worries, man. :) But keep in mind that even if the stores were right next to each other, no one walks that fast. One way that might help is to run the conversation someone's having through your head and see about how long that takes in real time, including pauses, steps traveled, and inflections. Odds are, it doesn't even take a full minute. Then, try walking the length of your house a few times. See how different the time it takes to do each task is? If I have a dragon that's crossing the street, I'll (kind of. In this instance, I'm controlling how much time gets skipped over in this, so I may write things a little diferently than if I wasn't running it.) wait maybe 3-5 posts before posting again, for example, depending on how quickly the conversation the others' are having is progressing. In short, best to keep a timer in your head.

Another tip! :D
When your dragon's leaving, rather than posting something like " 'Enjoy the stuff!' he said, and then was gone." before the other dragons have had a chance to respond, better to end it with the quote, give the others a chance to react, and then after both parties have handled their business, they can part. Otherwise, you're basically saying your character hurried off before anyone could even get a word out, which is ridiculously fast. Saying your character began to leave, or turned to leave, however, is fine, since it doesn't take hardly any time at all for someone to about face, and it also still gives the others a chance to react.

By the way, I think all this is great! This thread gave a lot of people the chance to practice rping, and to get a feel for the style of the rp. :) So don't feel bad about making little missteps. They're just the natural result of getting into the swing of something new. ^_^ ))
@SkullLotus

(( No worries, man. :) But keep in mind that even if the stores were right next to each other, no one walks that fast. One way that might help is to run the conversation someone's having through your head and see about how long that takes in real time, including pauses, steps traveled, and inflections. Odds are, it doesn't even take a full minute. Then, try walking the length of your house a few times. See how different the time it takes to do each task is? If I have a dragon that's crossing the street, I'll (kind of. In this instance, I'm controlling how much time gets skipped over in this, so I may write things a little diferently than if I wasn't running it.) wait maybe 3-5 posts before posting again, for example, depending on how quickly the conversation the others' are having is progressing. In short, best to keep a timer in your head.

Another tip! :D
When your dragon's leaving, rather than posting something like " 'Enjoy the stuff!' he said, and then was gone." before the other dragons have had a chance to respond, better to end it with the quote, give the others a chance to react, and then after both parties have handled their business, they can part. Otherwise, you're basically saying your character hurried off before anyone could even get a word out, which is ridiculously fast. Saying your character began to leave, or turned to leave, however, is fine, since it doesn't take hardly any time at all for someone to about face, and it also still gives the others a chance to react.

By the way, I think all this is great! This thread gave a lot of people the chance to practice rping, and to get a feel for the style of the rp. :) So don't feel bad about making little missteps. They're just the natural result of getting into the swing of something new. ^_^ ))
1 2 3 4