Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private RP Brainstorming
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28 29
Oh and another small blip ~

Since we are shooting for late ish September, everyone joining up from this thread at the start have about till mid September to get clan lore established and dragon bios written.

For now I'll be allowing anyone who has been on this thread, to join up first before this roleplay opens publicly. It might not even do so until we all get acquainted here

For future openings, we may open for applications every two months give or take. I will be looking at applications from the current members, only to be sure everyone has a basic idea of roleplaying and can do so with literacy. Basically, if you've been contributing here or interested since the start or while this thread is still in the works, you have a guranteed spot here.

The process of creating this roleplay will officially begin next week ~ I will be writing detailed plotlines and ideas and getting roles finished and etc

Again, now is the time to input any ideas not already suggested ~
Oh and another small blip ~

Since we are shooting for late ish September, everyone joining up from this thread at the start have about till mid September to get clan lore established and dragon bios written.

For now I'll be allowing anyone who has been on this thread, to join up first before this roleplay opens publicly. It might not even do so until we all get acquainted here

For future openings, we may open for applications every two months give or take. I will be looking at applications from the current members, only to be sure everyone has a basic idea of roleplaying and can do so with literacy. Basically, if you've been contributing here or interested since the start or while this thread is still in the works, you have a guranteed spot here.

The process of creating this roleplay will officially begin next week ~ I will be writing detailed plotlines and ideas and getting roles finished and etc

Again, now is the time to input any ideas not already suggested ~
Inactive
Call Me Cealy | #303930 | She / They | FR +3 | 23 | Taken
0c0e0ef6-4a87-4a85-b87a-d16f52d899fb.png
Yay! I'll really begin now then hahahah~
Yay! I'll really begin now then hahahah~
This looks like such a cool idea, I'd love to join, though I'll have to finalise all my lore and account for the dragons I'm still looking for first. I'd love to try and contribute, once I reread this thread again, haha.
This looks like such a cool idea, I'd love to join, though I'll have to finalise all my lore and account for the dragons I'm still looking for first. I'd love to try and contribute, once I reread this thread again, haha.
round.png
I need you, to hurt me
I need you, to fight me
I need you, to kill me
I need you, to destroy me
Gibberish part 2

Territories across the map will be lightly colored with a certain color and numbered. The color will determine the element of the clan and the number will help list which clan is which territory. Below the map will be a key / legend of all the numbers with the clan name beside the corresponding number and the user it belongs to.

The map will be labeled with every main region. This includes the regions stated on the official Flight Rising map as well as the coliseum zones and any other large areas of interest I've implemented myself.

Coliseum zones may not be claimed as clan territory entirely. A clan may claim some of the territory of a coliseum zone to add to the rest of their territory, but the majority of a coliseum zone is designated for Beastclan zones. Beastclan scenarios will be events on the main thread that any clan can roleplay in and will occurr on occasion.

Events like this and more will occur at least once a month. During an event, the event zones will be marked on the map and users may roleplay for the event amongst each other. If, persay, for a Beastclan event, a user may choose to actually be a Beastclan and roleplay out with dragon clans, instead of using their actual clan. This would also work with Shade events or Emperor events and etc. How these events will work? You've guessed it...it's a WIP

Buddy System?

So there's gonna be a lot of us. And while a randomly generated match up of users may work, a “buddy system” of sorts, might work as well. This would mean two users or more, deciding to roleplay with one another very often, maybe even exclusively. Basically, everyone has a designated person they can always roleplay with. This would make since in the roleplay as being a direct allied clan, possibly a neighboring clan.

Keep in mind it's possible for one user to be roleplaying with multiple other users at the same time, as long as they're using different dragons. The buddy system type of matching will basically be everyone picking which other user they prefer to roleplay with, instead of it being random or first come first serve from claiming on the forums. This will be determined later on in a poll.

Applications - they will be accepted on the website I will be making, that will be storing everyone's clan statistics. There will be a fill-out that can be submitted and it gets sent to my email for viewing. I then may simply respond to you in the forum that you've been accepted - I'll personally PM you if there was a problem with your form, for privacy. I would never flat out deny an application, I would only message you concerning a space you may have forgotten to fill out, more clarification, or maybe to help you with your roleplaying if you don't match up with literacy. I'm sure there will be users, like myself, willing to roleplay with you so you get the hang of things.

If you're reading this do feel free to subscribe for more gibberish - if not I'll ping everyone probably next week when I finish my move out.

Remember nothing is set in stone, my gibberish just helps generalize what I'm aiming to do here.

@AmnesiaDragon

Hiya ^>^ finalizing lore is just fine, you have a little over a month to do so (I need to write lore too don't worry) and all contributions are accepted ^>^
Gibberish part 2

Territories across the map will be lightly colored with a certain color and numbered. The color will determine the element of the clan and the number will help list which clan is which territory. Below the map will be a key / legend of all the numbers with the clan name beside the corresponding number and the user it belongs to.

The map will be labeled with every main region. This includes the regions stated on the official Flight Rising map as well as the coliseum zones and any other large areas of interest I've implemented myself.

Coliseum zones may not be claimed as clan territory entirely. A clan may claim some of the territory of a coliseum zone to add to the rest of their territory, but the majority of a coliseum zone is designated for Beastclan zones. Beastclan scenarios will be events on the main thread that any clan can roleplay in and will occurr on occasion.

Events like this and more will occur at least once a month. During an event, the event zones will be marked on the map and users may roleplay for the event amongst each other. If, persay, for a Beastclan event, a user may choose to actually be a Beastclan and roleplay out with dragon clans, instead of using their actual clan. This would also work with Shade events or Emperor events and etc. How these events will work? You've guessed it...it's a WIP

Buddy System?

So there's gonna be a lot of us. And while a randomly generated match up of users may work, a “buddy system” of sorts, might work as well. This would mean two users or more, deciding to roleplay with one another very often, maybe even exclusively. Basically, everyone has a designated person they can always roleplay with. This would make since in the roleplay as being a direct allied clan, possibly a neighboring clan.

Keep in mind it's possible for one user to be roleplaying with multiple other users at the same time, as long as they're using different dragons. The buddy system type of matching will basically be everyone picking which other user they prefer to roleplay with, instead of it being random or first come first serve from claiming on the forums. This will be determined later on in a poll.

Applications - they will be accepted on the website I will be making, that will be storing everyone's clan statistics. There will be a fill-out that can be submitted and it gets sent to my email for viewing. I then may simply respond to you in the forum that you've been accepted - I'll personally PM you if there was a problem with your form, for privacy. I would never flat out deny an application, I would only message you concerning a space you may have forgotten to fill out, more clarification, or maybe to help you with your roleplaying if you don't match up with literacy. I'm sure there will be users, like myself, willing to roleplay with you so you get the hang of things.

If you're reading this do feel free to subscribe for more gibberish - if not I'll ping everyone probably next week when I finish my move out.

Remember nothing is set in stone, my gibberish just helps generalize what I'm aiming to do here.

@AmnesiaDragon

Hiya ^>^ finalizing lore is just fine, you have a little over a month to do so (I need to write lore too don't worry) and all contributions are accepted ^>^
Inactive
Gibberish part 3

On the map:

Every area and sub area of importance will be labeled. Each area / sub area will have a label colored accordingly to what flight they resemble (like yellow for Light) they will be black if they're neutral areas, and will be another designated color for coliseum / hostile areas.

Territory marker borders will be outlined with a color matching their flight allegiance. They then will be numbered in order of what time I made the territory, usually the numbers of the area will all go together. Territory sizes will vary - some territories will be drawn much larger than others, and some much smaller. There will be at least one large territory (to hold an upwards of 90+ dragons) per area. New lands will be made to accommodate more very large clans. Very large clans are allowed to claim small territories (as long as they be realistic about how limited their space is during rp) but small clans may not claim larger territories.

Before a territory gets claimed, it will still be marked and numbered, territories with a little symbol (symbol undecided) will signify that they are unclaimed and no clan lives there. If a clan is not dwelling in the territory, other surrounding clans may hunt here. Already claimed territories cannot expand their borders or take on multiple territories, however, if they wish to permanently and completely move territories, it may be possible to move to an unused territory. This can happen, especially when a user stops roleplaying with us and their territory becomes disbanded. (Notes and rules about users suddenly disappearing or leaving will be expanded later)

Water clans - will usually inhabit beaches and islands since obviously not the whole clan can even swim. They still claim areas of ocean as far as hunting goes for their territory.

Neutral zones - these zones will be scattered in various areas of the map. They will be outlined in a black border, signifying no clan can claim territory beyond the marker. Many places can be found in neutral zones, such as inns, trading posts, markets, and other establishments. Clans are allowed to own their own establishment, limit 2 per clan, in designated neutral zones. Neutral zones will also have small areas of open space to accommodate travelling groups of dragons, offering an area to rest for the night if they don't have access to an inn or don't wish to access one. Neutral zones are marked with white flag posts and peace is the only action tolerated within the border. When traveling to a neutral zone, a group of dragons must wear or carry white flag to symbolize their peace and are expected to not stay in a single territory for too long. However, if a clan were to interfere with a travelling peace group, they may face consequences of the (whatever name I decide that will be a council of dragons in charge of looking into crimes and delivering punishment)

About the “establishments” - within the neutral zones, any of the shops, inns, and etc, will be labeled with letters. In reality, there should only end up being at the most, 26 establishments across the map. If there somehow happens to be more than that, the markers will be two letters, like “AB” for example. When wanting to create an inn, shop, etc, there will be a form to fill out to apply for one, entailing what you want to create, what dragons will run it, and etc. The dragons you place to run a shop might end up being there exclusively and might not be roleplayed elsewhere, which is allowed, and it is also allowed to roleplay elsewhere with the dragon.

When roleplaying in a neutral zone - there will be a separate thread dedicated to posting roleplays for all the neutral zones and the places there. If you are merely transitioning through a neutral zone with your dragons, then you don't have to move to this thread. This thread will be for dragons using shops, inns, and etc. It is possible to roleplay in a place without roleplaying with the owner (like sitting down somewhere to eat or rest for the night with others) as long as you don't directly control one of the owners dragons. It is allowed to: “dragon gives the waiter their order and the waiter returns to the kitchen" and etc. If a fight were to break out, or a problem occurring in the area, it would be best to ping the owner for them to break it up or etc.

All shops, inns, and etc, will have a little post under the map, showing where they're located, as well as small descriptions to show what exactly the place is and does. If the owner of the place desires, info may be added telling the roleplayers to let the owner know that they will be roleplaying there. All this info will be available on the main posts of the neutral zones thread.

Remember nothing is set in stone yet and is still open to other ideas. I am also always open to answering questions or requests about each update.
Gibberish part 3

On the map:

Every area and sub area of importance will be labeled. Each area / sub area will have a label colored accordingly to what flight they resemble (like yellow for Light) they will be black if they're neutral areas, and will be another designated color for coliseum / hostile areas.

Territory marker borders will be outlined with a color matching their flight allegiance. They then will be numbered in order of what time I made the territory, usually the numbers of the area will all go together. Territory sizes will vary - some territories will be drawn much larger than others, and some much smaller. There will be at least one large territory (to hold an upwards of 90+ dragons) per area. New lands will be made to accommodate more very large clans. Very large clans are allowed to claim small territories (as long as they be realistic about how limited their space is during rp) but small clans may not claim larger territories.

Before a territory gets claimed, it will still be marked and numbered, territories with a little symbol (symbol undecided) will signify that they are unclaimed and no clan lives there. If a clan is not dwelling in the territory, other surrounding clans may hunt here. Already claimed territories cannot expand their borders or take on multiple territories, however, if they wish to permanently and completely move territories, it may be possible to move to an unused territory. This can happen, especially when a user stops roleplaying with us and their territory becomes disbanded. (Notes and rules about users suddenly disappearing or leaving will be expanded later)

Water clans - will usually inhabit beaches and islands since obviously not the whole clan can even swim. They still claim areas of ocean as far as hunting goes for their territory.

Neutral zones - these zones will be scattered in various areas of the map. They will be outlined in a black border, signifying no clan can claim territory beyond the marker. Many places can be found in neutral zones, such as inns, trading posts, markets, and other establishments. Clans are allowed to own their own establishment, limit 2 per clan, in designated neutral zones. Neutral zones will also have small areas of open space to accommodate travelling groups of dragons, offering an area to rest for the night if they don't have access to an inn or don't wish to access one. Neutral zones are marked with white flag posts and peace is the only action tolerated within the border. When traveling to a neutral zone, a group of dragons must wear or carry white flag to symbolize their peace and are expected to not stay in a single territory for too long. However, if a clan were to interfere with a travelling peace group, they may face consequences of the (whatever name I decide that will be a council of dragons in charge of looking into crimes and delivering punishment)

About the “establishments” - within the neutral zones, any of the shops, inns, and etc, will be labeled with letters. In reality, there should only end up being at the most, 26 establishments across the map. If there somehow happens to be more than that, the markers will be two letters, like “AB” for example. When wanting to create an inn, shop, etc, there will be a form to fill out to apply for one, entailing what you want to create, what dragons will run it, and etc. The dragons you place to run a shop might end up being there exclusively and might not be roleplayed elsewhere, which is allowed, and it is also allowed to roleplay elsewhere with the dragon.

When roleplaying in a neutral zone - there will be a separate thread dedicated to posting roleplays for all the neutral zones and the places there. If you are merely transitioning through a neutral zone with your dragons, then you don't have to move to this thread. This thread will be for dragons using shops, inns, and etc. It is possible to roleplay in a place without roleplaying with the owner (like sitting down somewhere to eat or rest for the night with others) as long as you don't directly control one of the owners dragons. It is allowed to: “dragon gives the waiter their order and the waiter returns to the kitchen" and etc. If a fight were to break out, or a problem occurring in the area, it would be best to ping the owner for them to break it up or etc.

All shops, inns, and etc, will have a little post under the map, showing where they're located, as well as small descriptions to show what exactly the place is and does. If the owner of the place desires, info may be added telling the roleplayers to let the owner know that they will be roleplaying there. All this info will be available on the main posts of the neutral zones thread.

Remember nothing is set in stone yet and is still open to other ideas. I am also always open to answering questions or requests about each update.
Inactive
I remember reading this thread a couple months ago and thinking this sounded awesome. I'm so glad it's popped back up. I would be very interested in signing up once things got started!
but I'm also concerned about it dying cause every other rp I've joined has just died
I remember reading this thread a couple months ago and thinking this sounded awesome. I'm so glad it's popped back up. I would be very interested in signing up once things got started!
but I'm also concerned about it dying cause every other rp I've joined has just died
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@dividedAnimus

Hiya ! Welcome :)

I understand your worry, every rp I've joined up till now has now died suddenly :/

I don't plan for this to die, since I'm putting so much more time into it than most other roleplays. I also love this site and don't see myself becoming inactive any time soon. I'm only afraid of losing a good amount of clans here and I just hope it all runs good <3

This thread was quiet for a few months because of irl issues, but I'm moving out this very Monday and they will be no more :3 so we are finally nearing our opening month ! All ideas are accepted and encouraged at this moment while I sort out things here and there
@dividedAnimus

Hiya ! Welcome :)

I understand your worry, every rp I've joined up till now has now died suddenly :/

I don't plan for this to die, since I'm putting so much more time into it than most other roleplays. I also love this site and don't see myself becoming inactive any time soon. I'm only afraid of losing a good amount of clans here and I just hope it all runs good <3

This thread was quiet for a few months because of irl issues, but I'm moving out this very Monday and they will be no more :3 so we are finally nearing our opening month ! All ideas are accepted and encouraged at this moment while I sort out things here and there
Inactive
I don't remember if this was asked so I apologize in advance if it has:

I know we aren't big on looking for war between clans, but lets say two or more roleplayers decide that's what they want to do and have a territorial dispute. Are clan territories going to be changeable in size if say the winner takes a chunk of the losers territory (With both parties agreeing since it's roleplay) would that be allowed?

OR in a non roleplay scenario, how is it going to work if two established clans want to expand and want the exact same piece of territory, is it going to be a first come first serve or a coin toss or something?
I don't remember if this was asked so I apologize in advance if it has:

I know we aren't big on looking for war between clans, but lets say two or more roleplayers decide that's what they want to do and have a territorial dispute. Are clan territories going to be changeable in size if say the winner takes a chunk of the losers territory (With both parties agreeing since it's roleplay) would that be allowed?

OR in a non roleplay scenario, how is it going to work if two established clans want to expand and want the exact same piece of territory, is it going to be a first come first serve or a coin toss or something?
UqHFmmO.pngy3NW8md.gif
Ok I've thought of some questions that I don't think (?) have been asked yet.
Do all the dragons we want to rp with need to have lore in their bios? Not all of mine do, but I would like to get there eventually. If they need lore that's just more motivation for me to write and I'm fine with it.

What are your thoughts on fandragons? Fandergs make up about half my lair and I really love some of them. I have given some unique personalities and lore that fits with the FR world if that helps. (if you want an example check out Delta, she's a jurassic world dragon with pretty complete lore)
Also I live in Earth, and I hope that's okay.
Ok I've thought of some questions that I don't think (?) have been asked yet.
Do all the dragons we want to rp with need to have lore in their bios? Not all of mine do, but I would like to get there eventually. If they need lore that's just more motivation for me to write and I'm fine with it.

What are your thoughts on fandragons? Fandergs make up about half my lair and I really love some of them. I have given some unique personalities and lore that fits with the FR world if that helps. (if you want an example check out Delta, she's a jurassic world dragon with pretty complete lore)
Also I live in Earth, and I hope that's okay.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@ Losiana

Ah good question o.o didn't think about that !

Wars are a gentle no because I don't want confusion and complications with anyone's dragons dying xD if I implement a way to go about it easily I'll look into setting up actual war possibilities. It if course can happen amongst the clans and should at some point so I'll figure it out somehow I'm sure

For territory, clans will be allowed to go on to claimed territory if they're willing to face confrontation from the clan there. Extreme continuous actions of so and hostility over the border would lead to consequence (there will be a council of sorts for the roleplay to take care of such issues I'm even creating an island dedicated to being a prison)

For the whole interchangeable thing...I would say yes, it can be possible for a clan to want to fight over territory if both roleplayers agree. However, if a large clan completely consumes the land of a small clan there would be an issue that would alert other clans to act on. If a small clan becomes very large after a while, they have reason to want more land and a dispute there would make sense and can be dealt with and I will be able to increase land sizes and etc

However , how in drawing the map, each territory is so large there shouldn't be much issue. As is, every territory is about a days journey long in total at the least (when you have over 100 dragons, it doesn't seem so big anymore)

I may change the length scale on the map though so we shall see

Oh and about the initial claiming of territory. When the day comes when I'm ready to start marking down territory for the clans, it will be first come first serve on this forum. I'll ping everyone in groups by flight and the first ones to post get whatever territory they pick.

However, I know some clans might already have established lore on where their clan lives, and I'll be sure to look through our members to find such info and give them first dibs on the area their lore says they live in. If I don't find the info on the profile or etc then it'll just be first come first served

If anyone has an immense need to be in a certain zone I'll probably comply though

@dividedAnimus

Can't remember if you said you were gonna sub or not so here's a ping

1. I would say yes to bios. It gives depth and personality to a dragon which can be helpful for the other roleplayer. At this moment everyone has over a month to complete bios (I don't even have mine set up, it's okay) and with that said bios don't have to be extremely detailed and long and it's not an overbearing rule like you'll be kicked out or anything

2. Fandragons - I was literally just thinking about this. Fandragons are perfectly accepted as long as their lore works with FR, almost every single one of my dragons is from WoW so yeah xD like I have three vampire princes I've incorporated into FR lore and many other dragons that are some other species and other species are perfectly accepted ! I'm even going to make a little post that'll keep track of major species we have throughout the RP and info about them

3. Earth clans are welcome ! I think we have a couple of em but not a lot, Losiana is Earth ^>^ I won't have a limit to clans per element since I'll just draw more land to accommodate and all
@ Losiana

Ah good question o.o didn't think about that !

Wars are a gentle no because I don't want confusion and complications with anyone's dragons dying xD if I implement a way to go about it easily I'll look into setting up actual war possibilities. It if course can happen amongst the clans and should at some point so I'll figure it out somehow I'm sure

For territory, clans will be allowed to go on to claimed territory if they're willing to face confrontation from the clan there. Extreme continuous actions of so and hostility over the border would lead to consequence (there will be a council of sorts for the roleplay to take care of such issues I'm even creating an island dedicated to being a prison)

For the whole interchangeable thing...I would say yes, it can be possible for a clan to want to fight over territory if both roleplayers agree. However, if a large clan completely consumes the land of a small clan there would be an issue that would alert other clans to act on. If a small clan becomes very large after a while, they have reason to want more land and a dispute there would make sense and can be dealt with and I will be able to increase land sizes and etc

However , how in drawing the map, each territory is so large there shouldn't be much issue. As is, every territory is about a days journey long in total at the least (when you have over 100 dragons, it doesn't seem so big anymore)

I may change the length scale on the map though so we shall see

Oh and about the initial claiming of territory. When the day comes when I'm ready to start marking down territory for the clans, it will be first come first serve on this forum. I'll ping everyone in groups by flight and the first ones to post get whatever territory they pick.

However, I know some clans might already have established lore on where their clan lives, and I'll be sure to look through our members to find such info and give them first dibs on the area their lore says they live in. If I don't find the info on the profile or etc then it'll just be first come first served

If anyone has an immense need to be in a certain zone I'll probably comply though

@dividedAnimus

Can't remember if you said you were gonna sub or not so here's a ping

1. I would say yes to bios. It gives depth and personality to a dragon which can be helpful for the other roleplayer. At this moment everyone has over a month to complete bios (I don't even have mine set up, it's okay) and with that said bios don't have to be extremely detailed and long and it's not an overbearing rule like you'll be kicked out or anything

2. Fandragons - I was literally just thinking about this. Fandragons are perfectly accepted as long as their lore works with FR, almost every single one of my dragons is from WoW so yeah xD like I have three vampire princes I've incorporated into FR lore and many other dragons that are some other species and other species are perfectly accepted ! I'm even going to make a little post that'll keep track of major species we have throughout the RP and info about them

3. Earth clans are welcome ! I think we have a couple of em but not a lot, Losiana is Earth ^>^ I won't have a limit to clans per element since I'll just draw more land to accommodate and all
Inactive
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28 29