Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Frost to Forest [Private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Well, most everything from here could be considered "south", but Sprigla didn't press it. Not like he cares all that much. Mistralias, however, being in a forest environment, was more sensitive to the dragons, and he was able to narrow it down to either Lightning or Ice, just from the sterile vibe he was getting.

Sprigla almost seemed to wince as he heard the ripping of a tree being loosened from the dirt, but he didn't turn around. He knew from experience that large dragons were not made for forests, even ones this odd and sparse.

"We're a little bit up north. A lot up north." Mistralias said. There wasn't really much more north you could go after the Behemoth, anyway. At that part of the Wilds...

Hmm. That thought was suddenly torn away from him. Odd. Shaking his head out, he trotted along.

Well, most everything from here could be considered "south", but Sprigla didn't press it. Not like he cares all that much. Mistralias, however, being in a forest environment, was more sensitive to the dragons, and he was able to narrow it down to either Lightning or Ice, just from the sterile vibe he was getting.

Sprigla almost seemed to wince as he heard the ripping of a tree being loosened from the dirt, but he didn't turn around. He knew from experience that large dragons were not made for forests, even ones this odd and sparse.

"We're a little bit up north. A lot up north." Mistralias said. There wasn't really much more north you could go after the Behemoth, anyway. At that part of the Wilds...

Hmm. That thought was suddenly torn away from him. Odd. Shaking his head out, he trotted along.
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhIHd9PNx.gif
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
"Ah so you live pretty close by then." Kira replied as she tried her best to not rip apart the forest too much, weaving between the trees as best she could, winching a bit as a particularly thick branch scraped against her leg. "We had to travel a long way to get here, we're from as far south as it gets."

Durk inwardly snickered as he was the only one who caught her in the act. For a big dragon she was such a baby. Sure she could hold her own in a fight but Kira was gentle in nature, more so than most of the average size dragons in their clan. Giving his head a quick shake he raised his crest a bit and called down to the Skydancer once again. "How much farther do we have to travel before we reach the place you mentioned?"
"Ah so you live pretty close by then." Kira replied as she tried her best to not rip apart the forest too much, weaving between the trees as best she could, winching a bit as a particularly thick branch scraped against her leg. "We had to travel a long way to get here, we're from as far south as it gets."

Durk inwardly snickered as he was the only one who caught her in the act. For a big dragon she was such a baby. Sure she could hold her own in a fight but Kira was gentle in nature, more so than most of the average size dragons in their clan. Giving his head a quick shake he raised his crest a bit and called down to the Skydancer once again. "How much farther do we have to travel before we reach the place you mentioned?"
v1jfbsW.png
Female | 28 | Canada
FR Time +3

Sprigla nodded. Ice. He never really saw much of those dragons up here. What could possibly be important that they came all the way up here? Didn't they get traders down there? Something? "That's a lot of distance," Sprigla huffed with little sympathy.

Mistralias frowned, looking back at the Fae. He observed the forest in front of him, eyes furrowed line he was looking at the sun. "It was...well, it's back this way, but.." the Skydancer trailed off, looking uncertain. "But...we're gonna go this way for now." He ended off swiftly, making a sharp turn to the left.

Sprigla shot him a quizzical look, but didn't push anything for now. He seemed sort of...off.

Sprigla nodded. Ice. He never really saw much of those dragons up here. What could possibly be important that they came all the way up here? Didn't they get traders down there? Something? "That's a lot of distance," Sprigla huffed with little sympathy.

Mistralias frowned, looking back at the Fae. He observed the forest in front of him, eyes furrowed line he was looking at the sun. "It was...well, it's back this way, but.." the Skydancer trailed off, looking uncertain. "But...we're gonna go this way for now." He ended off swiftly, making a sharp turn to the left.

Sprigla shot him a quizzical look, but didn't push anything for now. He seemed sort of...off.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
Kira nodded toward the Coatl, "Not a journey I take often, but supply and demand as they say." Her clan needed her talents, and she needed those plants.

Durk made brief eye contact with the Skydancer before he turned back to the forest ahead of him and announced they'd be switching paths. The Fae lowered his crest, he didn't like this sudden change of plans. What could that dragon possibly be up to?

Kira raised an eye brow, but didn't question the Skydancer as she continued to follow him through the forest. He seemed to know this place better than her, so why question him?

Durk on the other hand, was starting to have doubts. Unlike Kira he feared many things, and this sudden change in plans had him on edge. Narrowing his eyes slightly, he called to the Skydancer, "Why the sudden change? Is something wrong?"
Kira nodded toward the Coatl, "Not a journey I take often, but supply and demand as they say." Her clan needed her talents, and she needed those plants.

Durk made brief eye contact with the Skydancer before he turned back to the forest ahead of him and announced they'd be switching paths. The Fae lowered his crest, he didn't like this sudden change of plans. What could that dragon possibly be up to?

Kira raised an eye brow, but didn't question the Skydancer as she continued to follow him through the forest. He seemed to know this place better than her, so why question him?

Durk on the other hand, was starting to have doubts. Unlike Kira he feared many things, and this sudden change in plans had him on edge. Narrowing his eyes slightly, he called to the Skydancer, "Why the sudden change? Is something wrong?"
v1jfbsW.png
Female | 28 | Canada
FR Time +3

Mistralias, despite his decisions, appeared confused. He paused once before carrying on, observing every tree. At the Fae's question he whipped his head around, he cheeriness still there, but muted uncertainly.

"It just...we shouldn't go that way," the Skydancer pushed with a shaky smile.

Sprigla narrowed his eyes, frowning. If he were the other dragons, this would sound suspicious. "We just came from that way, Mist."

"Well, now we're not." Mistralias declared with more force, his antennae shivering. His eyes flicked from side to side, and he looked like he wanted to say something else, but closed his mouth. After some consideration, he opened it again. "We can, uh, we can cut north in a bit. I hope."

Mistralias, despite his decisions, appeared confused. He paused once before carrying on, observing every tree. At the Fae's question he whipped his head around, he cheeriness still there, but muted uncertainly.

"It just...we shouldn't go that way," the Skydancer pushed with a shaky smile.

Sprigla narrowed his eyes, frowning. If he were the other dragons, this would sound suspicious. "We just came from that way, Mist."

"Well, now we're not." Mistralias declared with more force, his antennae shivering. His eyes flicked from side to side, and he looked like he wanted to say something else, but closed his mouth. After some consideration, he opened it again. "We can, uh, we can cut north in a bit. I hope."
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
Kira looked toward the Skydancer. Something was starting to seem a little off, and he wasn't offering any explanations. At least the Coatl seemed just as uncertain as she did, so she tried to put it out of her mind.

Durk lowered himself closer to the Guardian's head, crest and wings tucked in, his tail curling around him. This entire situation seemed so off from the beginning. Like, what type of dragon just randomly calls out in the middle of the woods? Giving his head a quick shake he leaned over to whisper into the Guardian's ear, "Kira, I don't like this, something is wrong, I just know it."

Kira shook her head slowly, not bothering to verbally respond to the Fae, the other dragons would surely hear her if she tried.

The Fae narrowed his eyes as the Guardian continued to follow the strange dragons, couldn't she take a hint? Admitting defeat, he decided to try another approach and called down to the Coatl, "Does your friend always act like this?"
Kira looked toward the Skydancer. Something was starting to seem a little off, and he wasn't offering any explanations. At least the Coatl seemed just as uncertain as she did, so she tried to put it out of her mind.

Durk lowered himself closer to the Guardian's head, crest and wings tucked in, his tail curling around him. This entire situation seemed so off from the beginning. Like, what type of dragon just randomly calls out in the middle of the woods? Giving his head a quick shake he leaned over to whisper into the Guardian's ear, "Kira, I don't like this, something is wrong, I just know it."

Kira shook her head slowly, not bothering to verbally respond to the Fae, the other dragons would surely hear her if she tried.

The Fae narrowed his eyes as the Guardian continued to follow the strange dragons, couldn't she take a hint? Admitting defeat, he decided to try another approach and called down to the Coatl, "Does your friend always act like this?"
v1jfbsW.png
Female | 28 | Canada
FR Time +3

Sprigla turned around, his expression in turmoil. What was he supposed to say? He didn't know why the dragon was like this, but it was making him anxious. The Skydancer was more sensitive to certain auras than most dragons were, and it probably meant something was going on for him to be in such a rut.

The coatl skipped forward a few steps and held the Skydancer's shoulder to slow him down. The dragon whipped his head around, eyes shining with an uncharacteristic fear and worry.

"Hey! Mist, what's going on?" Sprigla demanded, eyes hard.

The Skydancer swung his head to look at the other dragons, then back and Sprigla, his mouth flapping but no words coming out. "I-I don't know. I don't know. B-but there's something, and it's blocking the entire way back to the forest."

"What do you mean it's blocking our way back to the forest? What-"

"We're going this way now. Now." Mistralias said abruptly, and spun right back from the direction they had come, planning to march right past the Guardian.

Sprigla turned around, his expression in turmoil. What was he supposed to say? He didn't know why the dragon was like this, but it was making him anxious. The Skydancer was more sensitive to certain auras than most dragons were, and it probably meant something was going on for him to be in such a rut.

The coatl skipped forward a few steps and held the Skydancer's shoulder to slow him down. The dragon whipped his head around, eyes shining with an uncharacteristic fear and worry.

"Hey! Mist, what's going on?" Sprigla demanded, eyes hard.

The Skydancer swung his head to look at the other dragons, then back and Sprigla, his mouth flapping but no words coming out. "I-I don't know. I don't know. B-but there's something, and it's blocking the entire way back to the forest."

"What do you mean it's blocking our way back to the forest? What-"

"We're going this way now. Now." Mistralias said abruptly, and spun right back from the direction they had come, planning to march right past the Guardian.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
Durk's crest involuntary shivered as he heard the Skydancer's words. Swallowing once, he tried to regain his composure. Any sort of threat could be life threatening for a tiny dragon like him, and here was this Skydancer, much larger than himself, trying to avoid whatever was blocking them up ahead out of fear. His muscles tensed as he watched the Skydancer march toward Kira.

Kira seemed to be the only one unaffected of the sudden fear of an unknown threat. With her size, there really wasn't much to fear as long as she didn't get on the bad side of an Imperial dragon. The Guardian tilted her head to the side a bit as she watched the Skydancer march toward her. Guess their guide was insisting on turning around now. She didn't have a problem with following the smaller dragons away from a threat, the problem however, was actually turning around. The path hadn't opened up much and she was cramped in between trees as it was.

Attempting to move to the side and let the suddenly fearful Skydancer pass by her comfortably, she voiced her concerns with a sarcastic tone, "I might have to rip up a few trees to even be able to turn around..."

His nerves starting to get the better of him, the Fae dropped onto the Guardian's head and pounded his paw against her skull . "Just do it! I wanna get out of here!"

Kira inwardly snickered. The Fae was always so dramatic, even if they did run into some hostile dragons or beasts she wouldn't let anything happen to him. With a slight smile she tried to ease his nerves a bit, "Fine, fine." Turning her head toward the Coatl, she offered, "Wanna scoot past me before I have to cause some damage?"
Durk's crest involuntary shivered as he heard the Skydancer's words. Swallowing once, he tried to regain his composure. Any sort of threat could be life threatening for a tiny dragon like him, and here was this Skydancer, much larger than himself, trying to avoid whatever was blocking them up ahead out of fear. His muscles tensed as he watched the Skydancer march toward Kira.

Kira seemed to be the only one unaffected of the sudden fear of an unknown threat. With her size, there really wasn't much to fear as long as she didn't get on the bad side of an Imperial dragon. The Guardian tilted her head to the side a bit as she watched the Skydancer march toward her. Guess their guide was insisting on turning around now. She didn't have a problem with following the smaller dragons away from a threat, the problem however, was actually turning around. The path hadn't opened up much and she was cramped in between trees as it was.

Attempting to move to the side and let the suddenly fearful Skydancer pass by her comfortably, she voiced her concerns with a sarcastic tone, "I might have to rip up a few trees to even be able to turn around..."

His nerves starting to get the better of him, the Fae dropped onto the Guardian's head and pounded his paw against her skull . "Just do it! I wanna get out of here!"

Kira inwardly snickered. The Fae was always so dramatic, even if they did run into some hostile dragons or beasts she wouldn't let anything happen to him. With a slight smile she tried to ease his nerves a bit, "Fine, fine." Turning her head toward the Coatl, she offered, "Wanna scoot past me before I have to cause some damage?"
v1jfbsW.png
Female | 28 | Canada
FR Time +3

"On it," Sprigla muttered, darting past the Guardian and trying to keep up with the Skydancer. He wanted to try and ask him what was going on, what he felt and what they were avoiding. But he had already tried, and gotten the same vague answer. The coatl sighed roughly and skittered after, the Skydancer seeming to pick up his pace by the second.

Mistralias was murmuring something to himself, but he appeared at least a bit more relaxed. Sprigla stepped on his tail to slow him down, and Mistralias lurched with a huff.

"Give it a break, will you? I don't like being led on wild goose runs." Sprigla snorted, feathers folded back in irritation.

"This isn't a wild goose run. I'm just avoiding somewhere we can't go." the Skydancer pointed out calmly.

"What do you mean? That's the direction we came from to get here in the first place!" the coatl hissed under his breath.

Mistralias scowled in irritation. "Are you telling me you don't feel anything off?"

"Yeah, I feel anxious and bad because you're running around like we were about to walk into a pit."

"That's not the only-"

Suddenly, a racous cry of a bird taking off shattered their heated whispers, making Mistralias jump and Sprigla cringe. The Skydancer shook out his feathers and continued on, indifferent.

"On it," Sprigla muttered, darting past the Guardian and trying to keep up with the Skydancer. He wanted to try and ask him what was going on, what he felt and what they were avoiding. But he had already tried, and gotten the same vague answer. The coatl sighed roughly and skittered after, the Skydancer seeming to pick up his pace by the second.

Mistralias was murmuring something to himself, but he appeared at least a bit more relaxed. Sprigla stepped on his tail to slow him down, and Mistralias lurched with a huff.

"Give it a break, will you? I don't like being led on wild goose runs." Sprigla snorted, feathers folded back in irritation.

"This isn't a wild goose run. I'm just avoiding somewhere we can't go." the Skydancer pointed out calmly.

"What do you mean? That's the direction we came from to get here in the first place!" the coatl hissed under his breath.

Mistralias scowled in irritation. "Are you telling me you don't feel anything off?"

"Yeah, I feel anxious and bad because you're running around like we were about to walk into a pit."

"That's not the only-"

Suddenly, a racous cry of a bird taking off shattered their heated whispers, making Mistralias jump and Sprigla cringe. The Skydancer shook out his feathers and continued on, indifferent.
pop-up art shop

she/her
FR +3
{ Sorry it took me so long to reply back! Had a super busy week~ }

Kira listened in on the conversion between the Coatl and Skydancer, she couldn't hear them perfectly but her curiosity was really starting to get the better of her. She'd like to find out who or what is was blocking their way. Quickly turning her head, she looked to where the sounds of a bird taking flight could be heard.

Durk took a few startled steps backward as the sound sliced through the air and the Guardian suddenly moved her head. The Fae hated the thought of huge trees being ripped up around him, but he had had enough of this place, "Can you please, just get this over with so we can get out of here?"

Noticing their guides gaining more distance from them, Kira nodded her head once, signaling the Fae to hold tight before pushing one of the larger trees to her left completely on it's side, the sound of snapping wood echoed through the forest before a large thud shook the ground. Not wanting to destroy any more of the area than was necessary, Kira continued to topple trees until she could just barely turn herself around.

It hadn't taken her too long to clear the area for herself, but the smaller dragons were quick on their feet and kept moving ahead. Walking at her usual pace, she followed behind them, taking a moment to catch her breath before picking up her speed and calling out, " Hey! Wait for us!"

{ Sorry it took me so long to reply back! Had a super busy week~ }

Kira listened in on the conversion between the Coatl and Skydancer, she couldn't hear them perfectly but her curiosity was really starting to get the better of her. She'd like to find out who or what is was blocking their way. Quickly turning her head, she looked to where the sounds of a bird taking flight could be heard.

Durk took a few startled steps backward as the sound sliced through the air and the Guardian suddenly moved her head. The Fae hated the thought of huge trees being ripped up around him, but he had had enough of this place, "Can you please, just get this over with so we can get out of here?"

Noticing their guides gaining more distance from them, Kira nodded her head once, signaling the Fae to hold tight before pushing one of the larger trees to her left completely on it's side, the sound of snapping wood echoed through the forest before a large thud shook the ground. Not wanting to destroy any more of the area than was necessary, Kira continued to topple trees until she could just barely turn herself around.

It hadn't taken her too long to clear the area for herself, but the smaller dragons were quick on their feet and kept moving ahead. Walking at her usual pace, she followed behind them, taking a moment to catch her breath before picking up her speed and calling out, " Hey! Wait for us!"

v1jfbsW.png
Female | 28 | Canada
FR Time +3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7