Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with Blazingsnark
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@zezmeril ((Whoops, it got eaten in ROR shenanigans))

Apodis shook out her wings, relaxing. "Ah, okay. Just thought I'd check."

She stepped towards the door, opened it, and slipped inside, the scent of flowers and plants and earth hitting her nose the moment her claws touched the ground.
@zezmeril ((Whoops, it got eaten in ROR shenanigans))

Apodis shook out her wings, relaxing. "Ah, okay. Just thought I'd check."

She stepped towards the door, opened it, and slipped inside, the scent of flowers and plants and earth hitting her nose the moment her claws touched the ground.
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark (No worries, it happens)

Once inside the room, light seemed to flood the area, lighting it up as if it were covered with sunlight. The first thing to be noticed were the countless plants that grew high into the air, some bearing fruits and flowers. Beyond the edge of the plants, the ground fell away into nothing where only mist seemed to hang. Posted around the edge of the area, crystals emitting auras of magic could be seen, each crystal representing one of the eleven elements.

14004449Flarion_zpse48eeb30.png

Sitting at the opposite end of the area, a dragon covered in crimson fur sat, tending to the many plants around it. Looking back towards Apodis as she entered the room, the dragon stood. "May I ask who you are," she asked, "I was not expecting others to be here at this time."
@blazingsnark (No worries, it happens)

Once inside the room, light seemed to flood the area, lighting it up as if it were covered with sunlight. The first thing to be noticed were the countless plants that grew high into the air, some bearing fruits and flowers. Beyond the edge of the plants, the ground fell away into nothing where only mist seemed to hang. Posted around the edge of the area, crystals emitting auras of magic could be seen, each crystal representing one of the eleven elements.

14004449Flarion_zpse48eeb30.png

Sitting at the opposite end of the area, a dragon covered in crimson fur sat, tending to the many plants around it. Looking back towards Apodis as she entered the room, the dragon stood. "May I ask who you are," she asked, "I was not expecting others to be here at this time."
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
@quixiote

"Mayumi sent me." Apodis bent her head respectfully. "I'm Apodis, a visiting healer who came here to study. You must be Mii'Vier?"
@quixiote

"Mayumi sent me." Apodis bent her head respectfully. "I'm Apodis, a visiting healer who came here to study. You must be Mii'Vier?"
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark (you may wish to check you ping)

"Yes, that would be me," she said, giving a nod, "If Mayumi sent you to me, then she must believe that you would most benefit from learning alchemy." Weaving her way through the plants, Mii'Vier came to a stop a short ways from Apodis.

"I must look rather odd to you," she said, her emerald eyes scanning over Apodis, "If it would help you focus, I can assume a form more akin to what you're used to."
@blazingsnark (you may wish to check you ping)

"Yes, that would be me," she said, giving a nod, "If Mayumi sent you to me, then she must believe that you would most benefit from learning alchemy." Weaving her way through the plants, Mii'Vier came to a stop a short ways from Apodis.

"I must look rather odd to you," she said, her emerald eyes scanning over Apodis, "If it would help you focus, I can assume a form more akin to what you're used to."
@zezmeril ((Oh crap, I didn't even notice! I'm sorry!!!! D:))

Apodis tilted her head, then shrugged.

"Only if you want to. Your form isn't distractingly different," she said. "There are dragons in my clan who've altered themselves in far more drastic ways."

A smile cracked across her face as a pun occured to her, and she just couldn't resist saying it aloud. "I suppose you're just.... furtastic~?"
@zezmeril ((Oh crap, I didn't even notice! I'm sorry!!!! D:))

Apodis tilted her head, then shrugged.

"Only if you want to. Your form isn't distractingly different," she said. "There are dragons in my clan who've altered themselves in far more drastic ways."

A smile cracked across her face as a pun occured to her, and she just couldn't resist saying it aloud. "I suppose you're just.... furtastic~?"
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark (It's fine)

"Aye, what you're seeing is what I am. I am not of Sornieth, but that's a topic for a different day. Right now, I believe it'd be more important to see what you already know," Mii'Vier said, unfazed by the pun, "I can already tell that your bedside manner is not lacking at least. I'd say your sense of humor may need a little work, but that's just personal taste. Please, bring me what you would use to treat a cold and a deep wound. You'll find whatever plants and herbs you might need here, you only need to look."
@blazingsnark (It's fine)

"Aye, what you're seeing is what I am. I am not of Sornieth, but that's a topic for a different day. Right now, I believe it'd be more important to see what you already know," Mii'Vier said, unfazed by the pun, "I can already tell that your bedside manner is not lacking at least. I'd say your sense of humor may need a little work, but that's just personal taste. Please, bring me what you would use to treat a cold and a deep wound. You'll find whatever plants and herbs you might need here, you only need to look."
@zezmeril A cold... and a deep wound.... Apodis glanced around the garden, her tail twitching in nervousness. Usually she asked someone else to gather materials for her, but she did know what the plants looked and smelled like, so this shouldn't be too hard. After a few moments of trying to pick out the scents she wanted, Apodis bounded over to the rows of plants, starting to check them over. It took her quite a few minutes before she made her choices - a flower here, a leaf there - and came back to Mii'Vier to lay them on the ground in front of her. [center][item=Broadleaf Plantain] [item=Peppermint][/center] "For the cold, I'd probably make a tea out of these two and get the dragon to rest for a few days, however they needed to be persuaded," she said. "For the deep wound...." Her expression turned sheepish and she dug one claw into the dirt. "I, ah, haven't seen many of those. Mainly because they're incurred farther away from the lair and our alchemist sends healing potions with those clan members who tend to get into fights. But I'd probably make a paste from the plantain to put on the wound, bandage it, and tell the dragon to go rest?"
@zezmeril

A cold... and a deep wound....

Apodis glanced around the garden, her tail twitching in nervousness. Usually she asked someone else to gather materials for her, but she did know what the plants looked and smelled like, so this shouldn't be too hard.

After a few moments of trying to pick out the scents she wanted, Apodis bounded over to the rows of plants, starting to check them over. It took her quite a few minutes before she made her choices - a flower here, a leaf there - and came back to Mii'Vier to lay them on the ground in front of her.
Broadleaf Plantain Peppermint

"For the cold, I'd probably make a tea out of these two and get the dragon to rest for a few days, however they needed to be persuaded," she said. "For the deep wound...." Her expression turned sheepish and she dug one claw into the dirt. "I, ah, haven't seen many of those. Mainly because they're incurred farther away from the lair and our alchemist sends healing potions with those clan members who tend to get into fights. But I'd probably make a paste from the plantain to put on the wound, bandage it, and tell the dragon to go rest?"
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark (I probably wont be able to reply much these next two weeks. I'll reply when I can though.)

Looking over what Apodis had brought her, Mii'Vier listened to what she had to say before replying. "Yes, these would make a decent cure for the symptoms, if a bit slow acting. You are on the right track though. I'd suggest replacing spear mint with apple mint, it's more effective, and isn't as harsh on the senses when made into a tea," she said, " As for the plantain, it would work if the wound was cleaned beforehand. You may wish to add salt or magnesium to allow it to sanitize if time is short."

"Now, you said your clan had an alchemist. Do you happen to know how they prepare their concoctions," Mii'Vier asked, nodding for Apodis to fallow her as she turned to head back to her original spot, "If so, I may be able to teach you the trade as well. It is better to have two alchemists after all, in the event one might fall ill or get injured."
@blazingsnark (I probably wont be able to reply much these next two weeks. I'll reply when I can though.)

Looking over what Apodis had brought her, Mii'Vier listened to what she had to say before replying. "Yes, these would make a decent cure for the symptoms, if a bit slow acting. You are on the right track though. I'd suggest replacing spear mint with apple mint, it's more effective, and isn't as harsh on the senses when made into a tea," she said, " As for the plantain, it would work if the wound was cleaned beforehand. You may wish to add salt or magnesium to allow it to sanitize if time is short."

"Now, you said your clan had an alchemist. Do you happen to know how they prepare their concoctions," Mii'Vier asked, nodding for Apodis to fallow her as she turned to head back to her original spot, "If so, I may be able to teach you the trade as well. It is better to have two alchemists after all, in the event one might fall ill or get injured."
@zezmeril ((That's fine!!! Thanks for letting me know in advance!))

Apodis listened carefully, noting the corrections down. She was already planning where she could find salt or magnesium in the Starfall Isles - wasn't there a deposit by the Focal Point?

She shook herself out of her thoughts to trot after Mii'Vier. "Ah, I know what he uses, but I don't know what he does, exactly," she said. "Nobody quite wants to be around when he's brewing. He tends to explode things.... a lot."

Her ears perked up at Mii'Vier's last sentences. "I'd be happy to learn the trade, though! I don't have much talent for healing magic, I'm afraid."
@zezmeril ((That's fine!!! Thanks for letting me know in advance!))

Apodis listened carefully, noting the corrections down. She was already planning where she could find salt or magnesium in the Starfall Isles - wasn't there a deposit by the Focal Point?

She shook herself out of her thoughts to trot after Mii'Vier. "Ah, I know what he uses, but I don't know what he does, exactly," she said. "Nobody quite wants to be around when he's brewing. He tends to explode things.... a lot."

Her ears perked up at Mii'Vier's last sentences. "I'd be happy to learn the trade, though! I don't have much talent for healing magic, I'm afraid."
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark

"Ah, he's still rather new to the practice then. Without someone to teach you, explosions are inevitable. You're effectively breaking items down into their aetherial components, and recombining them into something useful. Some of the original ingredients' properties carry over, but you're mostly going to end up with a completely different result," Mii'Vier explained, leading Apodis to a large black cauldron, "I'm more traditional in my practice, but you might use a smaller station. Pretty much anything that can withstand high heats, and not stick to the resulting mixture can be used. Special made cauldrons like this one are common. It's also possible to have one that's made of glass, but caustic and explosive results make due it in."

Taking the plants Apodis had brought her earlier, Mii'Vier tossed them into the cauldron while adding water. Taking a step back, she took a deep breath before breathing a stream of white fire onto the wood below. "How you heat can influence the results as well, but the differences are hard to notice outside of large batches," she said, "If you show a high enough aptitude for alchemy, I may have a cauldron made for you, and deliver it myself when you decide to return to your clan."
@blazingsnark

"Ah, he's still rather new to the practice then. Without someone to teach you, explosions are inevitable. You're effectively breaking items down into their aetherial components, and recombining them into something useful. Some of the original ingredients' properties carry over, but you're mostly going to end up with a completely different result," Mii'Vier explained, leading Apodis to a large black cauldron, "I'm more traditional in my practice, but you might use a smaller station. Pretty much anything that can withstand high heats, and not stick to the resulting mixture can be used. Special made cauldrons like this one are common. It's also possible to have one that's made of glass, but caustic and explosive results make due it in."

Taking the plants Apodis had brought her earlier, Mii'Vier tossed them into the cauldron while adding water. Taking a step back, she took a deep breath before breathing a stream of white fire onto the wood below. "How you heat can influence the results as well, but the differences are hard to notice outside of large batches," she said, "If you show a high enough aptitude for alchemy, I may have a cauldron made for you, and deliver it myself when you decide to return to your clan."
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22