Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with Blazingsnark
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@blazingsnark

The letter arrived without ceremony. Within its plain confines, the letter contained three items, a map, a coin carved from blue crystal, and a note stating the purpose of the letter.
The letter read,
"We here at the healer's Den wish to offer assistance and and knowledge in the hopes of us becoming allies. We hope that you will respond to this letter by sending a healer or ambassador from your ranks. Enclosed with this letter will be a map detailing where our lair is located, and a crystal token meant to serve as means to identify whoever you send as an ally.
- Mayumi and Kor of the Healer's Den"

With token and map in tow, the one chosen to heed the request, would trek deep into Lightning territory to find the Den and learn what they had to offer. Upon arriving, they would be met with an imperial sized set up metal doors seated at the base of the mesa housing the Tempest Spire. Around the doors, several holes opened up as a handful of faes took to the air to examine the new arrival.

"Please state who you are and what business you have here," a fae clad in black linen asked, "If you have no business with us, we ask that you leave for shelter before another sandstorm hits."
@blazingsnark

The letter arrived without ceremony. Within its plain confines, the letter contained three items, a map, a coin carved from blue crystal, and a note stating the purpose of the letter.
The letter read,
"We here at the healer's Den wish to offer assistance and and knowledge in the hopes of us becoming allies. We hope that you will respond to this letter by sending a healer or ambassador from your ranks. Enclosed with this letter will be a map detailing where our lair is located, and a crystal token meant to serve as means to identify whoever you send as an ally.
- Mayumi and Kor of the Healer's Den"

With token and map in tow, the one chosen to heed the request, would trek deep into Lightning territory to find the Den and learn what they had to offer. Upon arriving, they would be met with an imperial sized set up metal doors seated at the base of the mesa housing the Tempest Spire. Around the doors, several holes opened up as a handful of faes took to the air to examine the new arrival.

"Please state who you are and what business you have here," a fae clad in black linen asked, "If you have no business with us, we ask that you leave for shelter before another sandstorm hits."
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
@zezmeril After a bit of debate between the clan's two healers - well, it wasn't much of a debate, as the other healer backed down almost immediately - it was Apodis who traveled to the marked lair. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27426442] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/274265/27426442_350.png[/img] [/url] Apodis landed, looking up nervously at the stormy sky and ruffling her wings. She reached into her bag and withdrew the token and map, holding them out. "I'm the healer from Starflame Clan," she said. "Our clan leader, Leo, sends her regards-" and oh crap, she forgot the rest of what the clan's diplomat had told her to say. So she settled for a nervous grin and a respectful dip of her head.
@zezmeril

After a bit of debate between the clan's two healers - well, it wasn't much of a debate, as the other healer backed down almost immediately - it was Apodis who traveled to the marked lair.

27426442_350.png

Apodis landed, looking up nervously at the stormy sky and ruffling her wings. She reached into her bag and withdrew the token and map, holding them out.

"I'm the healer from Starflame Clan," she said. "Our clan leader, Leo, sends her regards-" and oh crap, she forgot the rest of what the clan's diplomat had told her to say. So she settled for a nervous grin and a respectful dip of her head.
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark

Upon seeing the coin, the faes began to fly back to their holes except for one. "Very well. We're glad to receive you Apodis. Please give us one moment to open the path for you," the remaining fae said before moving back to his station. Starting to focus, each fae produced chain of magic connecting to the doors and began tp pull. Before long, the doors stood open, smooth metallic walls reflecting the faint light coming from the fixtures above. "Please enter quickly Ms., as peaceful as we are, we still have our enemies, and we can't chance any of their ranks breaching our walls. Just fallow the path inside, and it will take you to a pair of Imperials who will guide you from there,"the fae said once the doors were open, "You need only show them that coin so that they know you are not someone seeking medical attention."
@blazingsnark

Upon seeing the coin, the faes began to fly back to their holes except for one. "Very well. We're glad to receive you Apodis. Please give us one moment to open the path for you," the remaining fae said before moving back to his station. Starting to focus, each fae produced chain of magic connecting to the doors and began tp pull. Before long, the doors stood open, smooth metallic walls reflecting the faint light coming from the fixtures above. "Please enter quickly Ms., as peaceful as we are, we still have our enemies, and we can't chance any of their ranks breaching our walls. Just fallow the path inside, and it will take you to a pair of Imperials who will guide you from there,"the fae said once the doors were open, "You need only show them that coin so that they know you are not someone seeking medical attention."
@zezmeril

Apodis stared at the doors opening, then dipped her head and hurried through, tucking the map back into her bag now that she knew she wouldn't need it.

Once that was done, she looked up again, taking in the grand halls. Woah. This clan had way better taste than her own. She slowed slightly, glancing back to watch the doors shut, then started following the path and looking for the pair of Imperials.

She carefully cast her Skydancer senses. The air hummed with a gentle calm that set her at ease almost immediately. If there were dragons in pain in the lair, she wasn't close enough to sense them - something she was immensely grateful for. She hadn't realized just how much the pain of other dragons weighed on her until she couldn't feel any dragons in pain.

Getting distracted, she chided herself, shaking her head to snap out of the thoughts. Now. Where were these Imperials-?
@zezmeril

Apodis stared at the doors opening, then dipped her head and hurried through, tucking the map back into her bag now that she knew she wouldn't need it.

Once that was done, she looked up again, taking in the grand halls. Woah. This clan had way better taste than her own. She slowed slightly, glancing back to watch the doors shut, then started following the path and looking for the pair of Imperials.

She carefully cast her Skydancer senses. The air hummed with a gentle calm that set her at ease almost immediately. If there were dragons in pain in the lair, she wasn't close enough to sense them - something she was immensely grateful for. She hadn't realized just how much the pain of other dragons weighed on her until she couldn't feel any dragons in pain.

Getting distracted, she chided herself, shaking her head to snap out of the thoughts. Now. Where were these Imperials-?
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark As Apodis made her way down the hall, the dark around her settle at a point where it would be difficult to see in the distance. While the lights above did provide some illumination, it wasn't enough to light up the entire hall. When the end came into view, the two imperials she was informed about, stood waiting. While one stood waiting at the doorway itself, the other sat behind a large device. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=564116] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5642/564116_350.png[/img] [/url] Seeing Apodis approach, the imperial by the door stepped forward. "Ah, a visitor. You look to be in good health. Might I ask what business you have here? It's obvious that it's important given that you were let inside, but I need to ask for the record," he said, nodding over to the second imperial, "My name is Kian'Iel. All I ask is they you answer our questions and we'll guide you to where you need to be. Oh, and don't worry about not being able to sense anything in here, it's just a side affect of our choice in metals. Something about it interferes with skydancers' ability to sense emotions. You should be able to sense things again once you're inside the lair proper."
@blazingsnark

As Apodis made her way down the hall, the dark around her settle at a point where it would be difficult to see in the distance. While the lights above did provide some illumination, it wasn't enough to light up the entire hall. When the end came into view, the two imperials she was informed about, stood waiting.

While one stood waiting at the doorway itself, the other sat behind a large device.

564116_350.png

Seeing Apodis approach, the imperial by the door stepped forward. "Ah, a visitor. You look to be in good health. Might I ask what business you have here? It's obvious that it's important given that you were let inside, but I need to ask for the record," he said, nodding over to the second imperial, "My name is Kian'Iel. All I ask is they you answer our questions and we'll guide you to where you need to be. Oh, and don't worry about not being able to sense anything in here, it's just a side affect of our choice in metals. Something about it interferes with skydancers' ability to sense emotions. You should be able to sense things again once you're inside the lair proper."
@zezmeril

She held out the blue token. "I'm Apodis, from Starflame Clan," she introduced herself, then arched her neck and twitched her wings in surprise at the last bit of information. "Oh, really? I was wondering why I couldn't feel anything but you two."
@zezmeril

She held out the blue token. "I'm Apodis, from Starflame Clan," she introduced herself, then arched her neck and twitched her wings in surprise at the last bit of information. "Oh, really? I was wondering why I couldn't feel anything but you two."
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark

"Yes, it's an odd thing. It's worked out in our favor though. More often than not, it seems to calm any skydancers who come to us. Some know nothing but the sense of pain, and having an effective silent zone allows them to clear their minds," Kian'Iel said, looking over the token a moment, "At any rate, we're glad to have you here Apodis. Not too many clans are willing to send one of their own without first having us send an ambassador to prove our intent. Even then, some would take a look at our size then leave. Seeing how you're here on a requested visit, I ask that you fallow me. We're going to need to take a different path compared to others. The reasons for that will be explained later."

Producing a key, Kian'Iel opened a panel beside the door to reveal a keypad. Punching in the code, a soft click could be heard as the door slid open. "This way please," he said before making his way through the door. On the other side, the metal walls gave way to stone. While pain could be sense here, it was faint, and mostly drowned out by relief and calm. While the stone next to the door was solid, the opposite wall looked to be fractured stones stacked and layered together to form it Half way across the room, the floor changed from stone to wood, leaving small gaps that let in the sound of others through.
@blazingsnark

"Yes, it's an odd thing. It's worked out in our favor though. More often than not, it seems to calm any skydancers who come to us. Some know nothing but the sense of pain, and having an effective silent zone allows them to clear their minds," Kian'Iel said, looking over the token a moment, "At any rate, we're glad to have you here Apodis. Not too many clans are willing to send one of their own without first having us send an ambassador to prove our intent. Even then, some would take a look at our size then leave. Seeing how you're here on a requested visit, I ask that you fallow me. We're going to need to take a different path compared to others. The reasons for that will be explained later."

Producing a key, Kian'Iel opened a panel beside the door to reveal a keypad. Punching in the code, a soft click could be heard as the door slid open. "This way please," he said before making his way through the door. On the other side, the metal walls gave way to stone. While pain could be sense here, it was faint, and mostly drowned out by relief and calm. While the stone next to the door was solid, the opposite wall looked to be fractured stones stacked and layered together to form it Half way across the room, the floor changed from stone to wood, leaving small gaps that let in the sound of others through.
@zezmeril

Apodis shrugged. "There was talk of sending a fighter with me, yes," she admitted, following Kian'Iel. She braced herself as the pain hit, a familiar ache settling deep in her bones. "But I lost her in the Starwood Strand before really setting out. There's no point in bringing a dragon trained to cause harm into a place of healing, she'd be bored out of her mind."

She tested the wood under her claws before putting her full weight on it, a bit wary of wood from her time in the Arcane territory. Strong magic like that tended to corrupt and break wooden planks.
@zezmeril

Apodis shrugged. "There was talk of sending a fighter with me, yes," she admitted, following Kian'Iel. She braced herself as the pain hit, a familiar ache settling deep in her bones. "But I lost her in the Starwood Strand before really setting out. There's no point in bringing a dragon trained to cause harm into a place of healing, she'd be bored out of her mind."

She tested the wood under her claws before putting her full weight on it, a bit wary of wood from her time in the Arcane territory. Strong magic like that tended to corrupt and break wooden planks.
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark

"Worry not about the wood, it's been treated so that it's unaffected by magic and fire. Wouldn't due for us to have someone get hurt because of an oversight on our end. You make a good point though. You clan mate would likely be bored. We're well prepared if someone or something tries to cause fights or harm. Disturbing the peace here is a poor decision to say the least," Kian'Iel said, leading Apodis towards a passage blocked only by a thick curtain of silk, "Here we are. On the other side of this curtain will be either Mayumi or Kor. Whichever one it is, they will discus the reason for your being here. I will warn that your ability to sense emotion may go a little haywire in their presence. Don't worry, it is normal, and is a result of their choice of life style."
@blazingsnark

"Worry not about the wood, it's been treated so that it's unaffected by magic and fire. Wouldn't due for us to have someone get hurt because of an oversight on our end. You make a good point though. You clan mate would likely be bored. We're well prepared if someone or something tries to cause fights or harm. Disturbing the peace here is a poor decision to say the least," Kian'Iel said, leading Apodis towards a passage blocked only by a thick curtain of silk, "Here we are. On the other side of this curtain will be either Mayumi or Kor. Whichever one it is, they will discus the reason for your being here. I will warn that your ability to sense emotion may go a little haywire in their presence. Don't worry, it is normal, and is a result of their choice of life style."
@zezmeril

Apodis drew back a bit, fluffing her wings nervously.

"Haywire how?" she asked. She's literally been incapacitated before when her ability to feel pain, already more enhanced than a normal Skydancer, had gone up in sensitivity. She wasn't really keen to repeat the experience. She looked nervously at the curtain.
@zezmeril

Apodis drew back a bit, fluffing her wings nervously.

"Haywire how?" she asked. She's literally been incapacitated before when her ability to feel pain, already more enhanced than a normal Skydancer, had gone up in sensitivity. She wasn't really keen to repeat the experience. She looked nervously at the curtain.
TTbPXX8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22