Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with Blazingsnark
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@blazingsnark "Rapidly changing sensations, occasional lack of stimulus, and incorrect sense. It's not permanent by any measure. At worst, it might disorient you a little. The affects will subside once you get some distance between you and them. It's something they can't control without undergoing great distress," Kian'Iel explained, "Who knows, you may be like are immune to this. There's no real telling how their presence will affect you until you meet them. All that's know is that the affects will fade." Pulling the curtain aside, Kian reavealed a well lit room. From her current position, Apodis could see a nest nestled into a corner with two bright eggs inside. Near the nest, a bookcase sat filled with tomes of all sizes, some glowing, and others not. "You may enter. This is a safe place," a voice called from inside. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13826] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139/13826_350.png[/img] [/url] Stepping into view, the nocturne motioned for Adopis. "I am Mayumi. Lia'Ni has already informed me about your arrival. I'm sorry about any discomfort or disorientation you may experience. I'm sure Kian there already explained that though" she said, stepping back from the passage.
@blazingsnark

"Rapidly changing sensations, occasional lack of stimulus, and incorrect sense. It's not permanent by any measure. At worst, it might disorient you a little. The affects will subside once you get some distance between you and them. It's something they can't control without undergoing great distress," Kian'Iel explained, "Who knows, you may be like are immune to this. There's no real telling how their presence will affect you until you meet them. All that's know is that the affects will fade."

Pulling the curtain aside, Kian reavealed a well lit room. From her current position, Apodis could see a nest nestled into a corner with two bright eggs inside. Near the nest, a bookcase sat filled with tomes of all sizes, some glowing, and others not.

"You may enter. This is a safe place," a voice called from inside.

13826_350.png

Stepping into view, the nocturne motioned for Adopis. "I am Mayumi. Lia'Ni has already informed me about your arrival. I'm sorry about any discomfort or disorientation you may experience. I'm sure Kian there already explained that though" she said, stepping back from the passage.
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
@zezmeril

The effects hit immediately, making Apodis wobble on her feet. She fluttered her wings to steady herself.

"Wow," she muttered, then dipped her head to the Nocturne. "He did explain; I wasn't expecting it to be so strong, though! I'm Apodis, Starflame Clan's healer."
@zezmeril

The effects hit immediately, making Apodis wobble on her feet. She fluttered her wings to steady herself.

"Wow," she muttered, then dipped her head to the Nocturne. "He did explain; I wasn't expecting it to be so strong, though! I'm Apodis, Starflame Clan's healer."
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark

"We're glad to have you here. As our clan's name suggests, we seek out knowledge that would give us an edge against the ever growing threat of disease and injury. We also seek to spread what we've learned so that others may triumph over these threats as well," Mayumi said, nodding over to a set of cushions for them to sit down, "Seeing how you came here alone, I would assume you were sent here at your own request. I would ask how you approach the practice of healing. We have several different ways of approaching the task, but each requires a different set of skills."
@blazingsnark

"We're glad to have you here. As our clan's name suggests, we seek out knowledge that would give us an edge against the ever growing threat of disease and injury. We also seek to spread what we've learned so that others may triumph over these threats as well," Mayumi said, nodding over to a set of cushions for them to sit down, "Seeing how you came here alone, I would assume you were sent here at your own request. I would ask how you approach the practice of healing. We have several different ways of approaching the task, but each requires a different set of skills."
@zezmeril

Apodis sat only after Mayumi did, fiddling with one of the white bows on her arm.

"I don't really have a talent for healing magic, so I usually use herbs and premade potions," she said. "My only talent for healing, really, is my diagnosis skills - I feel pain and negativity more than anything else, so I can pinpoint the cause of pain and treat that rather than the symptoms."
@zezmeril

Apodis sat only after Mayumi did, fiddling with one of the white bows on her arm.

"I don't really have a talent for healing magic, so I usually use herbs and premade potions," she said. "My only talent for healing, really, is my diagnosis skills - I feel pain and negativity more than anything else, so I can pinpoint the cause of pain and treat that rather than the symptoms."
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark

"Hm, you'd be the first I've met with such sensitivity. Well, first in a long time. I'd recommend seeking out Lelym or my mother Mii'Vier. Lelym can teach you about making antibiotic medicines, and Mii'Vier can teach you more about herbal remedies and making potions," Mayumi said, pulling her cowl back to see better, "Given your sensitivity, I'd also suggest avoiding entering the room next to this one. Some people's pains can't be cured with medicine or potions."

Hearing a rustle from the nest, Mayumi looked over to see several fae sized machines gathering around to watch. "Well, before you go, would you have any questions for me," she asked returning her attention to Apodis, "I'm sure you'd like to rest a minute given the journey you made to get here."
@blazingsnark

"Hm, you'd be the first I've met with such sensitivity. Well, first in a long time. I'd recommend seeking out Lelym or my mother Mii'Vier. Lelym can teach you about making antibiotic medicines, and Mii'Vier can teach you more about herbal remedies and making potions," Mayumi said, pulling her cowl back to see better, "Given your sensitivity, I'd also suggest avoiding entering the room next to this one. Some people's pains can't be cured with medicine or potions."

Hearing a rustle from the nest, Mayumi looked over to see several fae sized machines gathering around to watch. "Well, before you go, would you have any questions for me," she asked returning her attention to Apodis, "I'm sure you'd like to rest a minute given the journey you made to get here."
@zezmeril

Apodis marked down the two names in her mind and shuddered at the thought of being around incurable pain. She'd definitely be avoiding that room.

"Actually, yeah, I have a question." She gestured a bit awkwardly around the room, trying to indicate the entire lair. "This clan... is very healing-centric. How was it created?"
@zezmeril

Apodis marked down the two names in her mind and shuddered at the thought of being around incurable pain. She'd definitely be avoiding that room.

"Actually, yeah, I have a question." She gestured a bit awkwardly around the room, trying to indicate the entire lair. "This clan... is very healing-centric. How was it created?"
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark "Ah, that's a good one. We did not start off expecting to be where we are now. Rather, Kor and I started a clan out of a need for survival in the middle of Arcane lands. We didn't really change our focus to healing till we moved here to Lightning, but the reasons for that were to prevent the same pain that hit us from taking others. A wound can be healed, but a broken heart must heal on its own," Mayumi said, nodding to the picture of a storm and black mirror, "You could say that we owe our defenses to the same attack. Regardless of reason for being here, we keep a close eye on all who enter our lair. We are ever on the watch for our enemies." While Mayumi spoke, a skydancer made his way into the room from a door beside the one Apodis entered through. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13827] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139/13827_350.png[/img] [/url] "I see we have a visitor. I'd assume this one is from StarFlame," he said, producing a bundle of materials, and placing them by the nest before shoeing the machines away.
@blazingsnark

"Ah, that's a good one. We did not start off expecting to be where we are now. Rather, Kor and I started a clan out of a need for survival in the middle of Arcane lands. We didn't really change our focus to healing till we moved here to Lightning, but the reasons for that were to prevent the same pain that hit us from taking others. A wound can be healed, but a broken heart must heal on its own," Mayumi said, nodding to the picture of a storm and black mirror, "You could say that we owe our defenses to the same attack. Regardless of reason for being here, we keep a close eye on all who enter our lair. We are ever on the watch for our enemies."

While Mayumi spoke, a skydancer made his way into the room from a door beside the one Apodis entered through.

13827_350.png

"I see we have a visitor. I'd assume this one is from StarFlame," he said, producing a bundle of materials, and placing them by the nest before shoeing the machines away.
@zezmeril

Apodis nodded at the story, then looked up in surprise at the Skydancer's entrance. Out of habit, she cast her Skydancer senses at him, then grimaced as she remembered they weren't working right now.

Riiight. As an aside, she'd have to ask sometime later about this power to confuse a Skydancer's empathy.

"Yes, I'm Starflame's healer." She dipped her head, examining the other Skydancer. It felt really odd not to be able to skim their emotions, but she supposed she'd have to make do. "And you are-?"
@zezmeril

Apodis nodded at the story, then looked up in surprise at the Skydancer's entrance. Out of habit, she cast her Skydancer senses at him, then grimaced as she remembered they weren't working right now.

Riiight. As an aside, she'd have to ask sometime later about this power to confuse a Skydancer's empathy.

"Yes, I'm Starflame's healer." She dipped her head, examining the other Skydancer. It felt really odd not to be able to skim their emotions, but she supposed she'd have to make do. "And you are-?"
TTbPXX8.png
@blazingsnark

"Ah yes, I am Kor, head of defense here, and mate to Mayumi. We are the leaders of this clan, and we hope that you maintain the peace. We'd hate to have to remove you from our home," he said, keep his attention on the nest while he worked the materials into it, "Given that you yourself are a healer, I doubt we'll have any issue."

"Yes, well. Please excuse his wariness. As head of defense, he must be aware of every being inside our lair. It can be extremely taxing at times, especially since he wasn't avoid loosing more family," Mayumi said, "Unlike our sun, he hasn't fallen to grief, be it for better or worse."
@blazingsnark

"Ah yes, I am Kor, head of defense here, and mate to Mayumi. We are the leaders of this clan, and we hope that you maintain the peace. We'd hate to have to remove you from our home," he said, keep his attention on the nest while he worked the materials into it, "Given that you yourself are a healer, I doubt we'll have any issue."

"Yes, well. Please excuse his wariness. As head of defense, he must be aware of every being inside our lair. It can be extremely taxing at times, especially since he wasn't avoid loosing more family," Mayumi said, "Unlike our sun, he hasn't fallen to grief, be it for better or worse."
@zezmeril

Apodis nodded. "I see," she said quietly. "Our own clan leader's mate is much the same way with his protectiveness. Don't worry; I don't plan to cause trouble."
@zezmeril

Apodis nodded. "I see," she said quietly. "Our own clan leader's mate is much the same way with his protectiveness. Don't worry; I don't plan to cause trouble."
TTbPXX8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22