Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Starwood Strand RP idea/interest?
1 2
Link to RP: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1800267

I had an idea for a RP, but I'm not quite sure where to go with it.

Basically the premise is this:
Once every so often, perhaps every year, there is a night that is darker than any other. To compensate for the darkness, the flowers that blossom on the Starwood trees glow extra bright, sort of equivalent to a supermoon (brightness-wise). On this night, dragons travel from all over the world to witness this dazzling event and wander through the Star Wood almost in daylight.

I guess there's a few ways it can go from there. It seems like it'd be a fairly romantic setting, and while I do have a couple dragons I'd like to get together, I suck at doing romance. Others are welcome to include it though if they wish. I was also thinking that perhaps while people were wandering around there would be some Corven tengu sightings (as there are Talonok in the northern end of the woods; and actually there's quite a few beastclans in the Starwood Strand, the FR wiki has a nice map of them all).

Is anyone interesting in doing something like this or have any ideas for it?
Link to RP: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1800267

I had an idea for a RP, but I'm not quite sure where to go with it.

Basically the premise is this:
Once every so often, perhaps every year, there is a night that is darker than any other. To compensate for the darkness, the flowers that blossom on the Starwood trees glow extra bright, sort of equivalent to a supermoon (brightness-wise). On this night, dragons travel from all over the world to witness this dazzling event and wander through the Star Wood almost in daylight.

I guess there's a few ways it can go from there. It seems like it'd be a fairly romantic setting, and while I do have a couple dragons I'd like to get together, I suck at doing romance. Others are welcome to include it though if they wish. I was also thinking that perhaps while people were wandering around there would be some Corven tengu sightings (as there are Talonok in the northern end of the woods; and actually there's quite a few beastclans in the Starwood Strand, the FR wiki has a nice map of them all).

Is anyone interesting in doing something like this or have any ideas for it?
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@qwigoqwaga

I'm interested! Sandwyrm is a archeologist/anthropologist Spiral who travels around Sornieth with Arcus, her similarly-minded Centaur familiar, in search of exciting things to dig up. Occasionally, those interests can stretch to including the documentation of particularly rare phenomena.

The Bright Night is said to be the gathering-time of Tengu Callers, which actively shun company from non-Talonok beastclans and dragons alike. Arcus would like an interview! A pleasant side-effect of the excursion is dragging Sandwyrm out of her shell. Perhaps romance may even bloom...?
@qwigoqwaga

I'm interested! Sandwyrm is a archeologist/anthropologist Spiral who travels around Sornieth with Arcus, her similarly-minded Centaur familiar, in search of exciting things to dig up. Occasionally, those interests can stretch to including the documentation of particularly rare phenomena.

The Bright Night is said to be the gathering-time of Tengu Callers, which actively shun company from non-Talonok beastclans and dragons alike. Arcus would like an interview! A pleasant side-effect of the excursion is dragging Sandwyrm out of her shell. Perhaps romance may even bloom...?
gM1MTf9.png
@Toriel

That sounds like a cool idea :D
@Toriel

That sounds like a cool idea :D
@qwigoqwaga

Alright! Do you have a dragon ready? Do you want to write the starter or should I?
@qwigoqwaga

Alright! Do you have a dragon ready? Do you want to write the starter or should I?
gM1MTf9.png
@Toriel

I know I want to use Myria but I'm unsure who else I should bring. If you've got something in mind, feel free to go ahead and start ^^
Should I make a fresh post though, or should we just use this one?
@Toriel

I know I want to use Myria but I'm unsure who else I should bring. If you've got something in mind, feel free to go ahead and start ^^
Should I make a fresh post though, or should we just use this one?
@qwigoqwaga

A fresh post would be nice! Since the premise was your idea, if there's any background-building you'd like to do it'd be good if you posted first :)
@qwigoqwaga

A fresh post would be nice! Since the premise was your idea, if there's any background-building you'd like to do it'd be good if you posted first :)
gM1MTf9.png
@Toriel

Made the post here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1800267
I'll post tomorrow after work.
@Toriel

Made the post here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1800267
I'll post tomorrow after work.
@qwigoqwaga I know you and Toriel already have something worked out, but would it be alright for me to join in as well? The concept looks really interesting. It's okay if I can't, though, I don't mind at all!
@qwigoqwaga I know you and Toriel already have something worked out, but would it be alright for me to join in as well? The concept looks really interesting. It's okay if I can't, though, I don't mind at all!
games_hectortwirl.gifimage_by_xx_pk_gaming_xx-dagcw2w.png image_by_xx_pk_gaming_xx-dagdmix.png
FACE THE WRATH OF THE DEADLY HECTORCOPTER
@Canvas
You're certainly welcome to join :)
@Canvas
You're certainly welcome to join :)
@qwigoqwaga
If you're still looking for people, I'd be most interested in joining. I'd most likely use this fellow, as of my dragons he's one the the more likely be around in order to see this phenomenon. He character and role in the clan is still in development, though he generally has the bold, somewhat competitive personality of his astrology sign. He has a passion for the arcane and stepping into the unknown, and has the potential to make for a good leader.

Past-wise he and his brother (who resides in a friend's lair, a clan that is close to mine in lore) had a strained relationship with their family, presumably for being slated for exaltation, so Aries encouraged his brother to run away with him and take control of their own lives. This led to many an adventure, some close calls, and eventually joining their respective clan's. I wouldn't be against some romance with him, with the warning that he tends to focus on the thrill of the adventure, sometimes as a way to avoid admitting his actual feelings. Attracting his interest is easier than he likes to admit.
@qwigoqwaga
If you're still looking for people, I'd be most interested in joining. I'd most likely use this fellow, as of my dragons he's one the the more likely be around in order to see this phenomenon. He character and role in the clan is still in development, though he generally has the bold, somewhat competitive personality of his astrology sign. He has a passion for the arcane and stepping into the unknown, and has the potential to make for a good leader.

Past-wise he and his brother (who resides in a friend's lair, a clan that is close to mine in lore) had a strained relationship with their family, presumably for being slated for exaltation, so Aries encouraged his brother to run away with him and take control of their own lives. This led to many an adventure, some close calls, and eventually joining their respective clan's. I wouldn't be against some romance with him, with the warning that he tends to focus on the thrill of the adventure, sometimes as a way to avoid admitting his actual feelings. Attracting his interest is easier than he likes to admit.
tmmkOjs.png PXWBvNq.png
1 2