Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wings of Fire and FR Roleplay [IC]
1 2 3 4 5
@Amaranth41
@ Redamancy @Lopai @RadioactivePup @AnonEclipse @Hotpocketguru
@Amaranth41
@ Redamancy @Lopai @RadioactivePup @AnonEclipse @Hotpocketguru
@amaranth41 @redamancy @radioactivepup @anoneclipse @hotpocketguru

Duskfire continues on, pulling something out of the package as she goes, chicken maybe? She looks up from the package, only to see a dragon standing in front of her. She leaps back, startled, looking the newcomer over. She had never seen anything like him before, he was a dragon, she was sure, but he certainly wasn't from any of the other breeds. His scales are an iridescent teal, with large, pattered wings in shades of green and yellow, a straggling tufts of fur hangs from his chin while his belly and horns sparkle seafoam on a hot summer day. He looks completely lost, the strange dragons stares at her, a light going of in his deep blue eyes, he bows slightly. "You are my Charge, my sacred duty as Guardian to protect." He says, in a rolling voice akin to waves on a beach. "What?" Duskfire all but yells, startled, and very, very confused. "Who are you? Where did you come from? And why are you standing in front of me?" "I'm Myrddin, I was hatched the Fishspine Reef. I'm not actually sure why I'm here, one minute I'm travelling through the Zephyr Steppes the next, I'm here. Where is here anyway?"

Duskfire continues on, pulling something out of the package as she goes, chicken maybe? She looks up from the package, only to see a dragon standing in front of her. She leaps back, startled, looking the newcomer over. She had never seen anything like him before, he was a dragon, she was sure, but he certainly wasn't from any of the other breeds. His scales are an iridescent teal, with large, pattered wings in shades of green and yellow, a straggling tufts of fur hangs from his chin while his belly and horns sparkle seafoam on a hot summer day. He looks completely lost, the strange dragons stares at her, a light going of in his deep blue eyes, he bows slightly. "You are my Charge, my sacred duty as Guardian to protect." He says, in a rolling voice akin to waves on a beach. "What?" Duskfire all but yells, startled, and very, very confused. "Who are you? Where did you come from? And why are you standing in front of me?" "I'm Myrddin, I was hatched the Fishspine Reef. I'm not actually sure why I'm here, one minute I'm travelling through the Zephyr Steppes the next, I'm here. Where is here anyway?"
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
@amaranth41 @ redamancy @radioactivepup @anoneclipse @hotpocketguru @Lopai
Bigdipper stops a few feet back, blinking up to the strange dragon before them
what was this? it looked like an icewing and a seawing, but, not? it was like nothing hes seen before thats for sure. he doesn't start freaking out, rather he asks the guardian.
" uh, Myrddin? could I ask what you are?.. you look different from the rest of the wings, you dont even look like a hybrid" he points out, sitting down on the hard ground, his tail wrapping over his claws
"and, whats a charge? why do you wanna protect her? you two dont seem to know eachother" he tilts his head, looking into the dragons eyes in search of awnsers
@amaranth41 @ redamancy @radioactivepup @anoneclipse @hotpocketguru @Lopai
Bigdipper stops a few feet back, blinking up to the strange dragon before them
what was this? it looked like an icewing and a seawing, but, not? it was like nothing hes seen before thats for sure. he doesn't start freaking out, rather he asks the guardian.
" uh, Myrddin? could I ask what you are?.. you look different from the rest of the wings, you dont even look like a hybrid" he points out, sitting down on the hard ground, his tail wrapping over his claws
"and, whats a charge? why do you wanna protect her? you two dont seem to know eachother" he tilts his head, looking into the dragons eyes in search of awnsers
@AnonEclipse @Hotpocketguru @Redamancy @RadioactivePup @Lopai (Sorry haven't been here, had a gymnastics competition all weekend) "Redtail." Ivory replied to Mirage. "His parents are Jasper and Starspatter." She couldn't place it, but Mirage seemed to act a little different, seemingly too nonchalant. But then again, everyone's entitled to be different sometimes, right? She shook off the feeling as she landed at Eagle's door. She knocked and stepped back as the two dragons waited for the door to open. As she waited, her earlier thoughts about Mirage's odd behavior wormed their way back into her brain. She rolled her eyes at her own ridiculousness. Why in the world should she question Mirage? Her younger sister was perfectly capable of taking care of herself and choosing her own actions. Ivory needn't worry herself. (You can take the family if you want, Anon, but I'll just take them if you don't open the door in your next post) ----- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/200704/20070349.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/200481/20048033.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/204556/20455532.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/205321/20532068.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/200704/20070348.png[/img] Ereth burst into the camp, followed by Shiksa, Carmesí, and Bivittas. "Nova, Nova!" He called frantically, racing through the clearing. "They're not a mirage, they saw the dragons, too!" Nova came bounding over to calm the Fae. "Slow down, Ereth. What is this about the mirage?" "It's not a mirage, Nova! They saw it, too!" "Just come explain it to me. All of you."
@AnonEclipse @Hotpocketguru @Redamancy @RadioactivePup @Lopai
(Sorry haven't been here, had a gymnastics competition all weekend)

"Redtail." Ivory replied to Mirage. "His parents are Jasper and Starspatter." She couldn't place it, but Mirage seemed to act a little different, seemingly too nonchalant. But then again, everyone's entitled to be different sometimes, right? She shook off the feeling as she landed at Eagle's door. She knocked and stepped back as the two dragons waited for the door to open.

As she waited, her earlier thoughts about Mirage's odd behavior wormed their way back into her brain. She rolled her eyes at her own ridiculousness. Why in the world should she question Mirage? Her younger sister was perfectly capable of taking care of herself and choosing her own actions. Ivory needn't worry herself.
(You can take the family if you want, Anon, but I'll just take them if you don't open the door in your next post)

20070349.png 20048033.png20455532.png 20532068.png 20070348.png
Ereth burst into the camp, followed by Shiksa, Carmesí, and Bivittas. "Nova, Nova!" He called frantically, racing through the clearing. "They're not a mirage, they saw the dragons, too!"

Nova came bounding over to calm the Fae. "Slow down, Ereth. What is this about the mirage?"

"It's not a mirage, Nova! They saw it, too!"

"Just come explain it to me. All of you."
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png
(Sorry to intrude but I love the wings of fire series. I recommend it to all of my younger customers. If you haven't read the age of fire series, I suggest reading it. It's another great series. It's by E. E. Knight. Again sorry for butting in.)
(Sorry to intrude but I love the wings of fire series. I recommend it to all of my younger customers. If you haven't read the age of fire series, I suggest reading it. It's another great series. It's by E. E. Knight. Again sorry for butting in.)
tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
wpad1.gif
@Amarath14 @RadioactivePup @Lopai @AnonEclipse @Redamancy

The wind streamed across the beach, sending the sand billowing into the air. The whirlwind of sand ricocheted through the air, assaulting the scales of the motionless imperial that lay on the bank. Galaxy rustled her sand-caked wings and narrowed her eyes. She would have preferred to be in the water on a day like this, but it was even harder to see there. The storm that had haunted the cove for the past week had caused the ocean to become unpredictable and muddied. Silt and debris had been swept into the water, clouding the already conflicted waves. Why Galaxy was sitting, cold and grumpy, on the border of her clan's territory was another story. Since seeing the apparition, Galaxy had tried to push the oddity from her memory and focus on her duties. But, try as she might, she kept yearning for the truth. She couldn't help her curiosity and never had been able to. This led to many troubles, but had helped Galaxy to discover more than many of her other clanmates. She sighed, resigning herself to the fact that she had just had a momentary hallucination. Maybe she had drank some tainted water or eaten a rotting fish. She wriggled loose of the dune of sand that had been forming around her and shook, filling the air around her with even more sand. Galaxy pressed the water-proof rune again, but this time she also activated the second rune. The second one powered her mechanical body, allowing her to become much stronger and faster than she normally was. She winced as a brief jolt of pain shot through her. The second rune used her as a power source and would occasionally cause her quite a bit of pain. Galaxy dashed along the beach before tossing herself into the wind, allowing her suit to activate and propel her into the air. She coasted along, wondering what she should do. Suddenly the sand around her vanished and she was surrounded by an unfamiliar blue sky. She spun around. Behind her was the stormy sea she had left. Her mouth split into a grin, she wasn't imagining it. Of course, she could just be going crazy. Suddenly, one of the oddly colored, completely blue dragons shot into view. The dragon stopped mid flight and stared at Galaxy. They looked at each other for a time, slack-jawed. The blue dragon stammered, "Who-what are you?"
Galaxy raised her brow, although her goggles made the gesture practically invisible. This creature.... could talk.
"I'm Galaxy. Of the Water flight? I've never seen something like you in the Tidelord's domain," responded the shaky imperial.
The blue dragon opened its mouth to respond, but suddenly was gone. The vision had been replaced by swirling sand and screaming wind.
Galaxy gritted her teeth. She wouldn't be stopped, she had to find out what this creature was if she had to spend the rest of her life waiting on this beach.
@Amarath14 @RadioactivePup @Lopai @AnonEclipse @Redamancy

The wind streamed across the beach, sending the sand billowing into the air. The whirlwind of sand ricocheted through the air, assaulting the scales of the motionless imperial that lay on the bank. Galaxy rustled her sand-caked wings and narrowed her eyes. She would have preferred to be in the water on a day like this, but it was even harder to see there. The storm that had haunted the cove for the past week had caused the ocean to become unpredictable and muddied. Silt and debris had been swept into the water, clouding the already conflicted waves. Why Galaxy was sitting, cold and grumpy, on the border of her clan's territory was another story. Since seeing the apparition, Galaxy had tried to push the oddity from her memory and focus on her duties. But, try as she might, she kept yearning for the truth. She couldn't help her curiosity and never had been able to. This led to many troubles, but had helped Galaxy to discover more than many of her other clanmates. She sighed, resigning herself to the fact that she had just had a momentary hallucination. Maybe she had drank some tainted water or eaten a rotting fish. She wriggled loose of the dune of sand that had been forming around her and shook, filling the air around her with even more sand. Galaxy pressed the water-proof rune again, but this time she also activated the second rune. The second one powered her mechanical body, allowing her to become much stronger and faster than she normally was. She winced as a brief jolt of pain shot through her. The second rune used her as a power source and would occasionally cause her quite a bit of pain. Galaxy dashed along the beach before tossing herself into the wind, allowing her suit to activate and propel her into the air. She coasted along, wondering what she should do. Suddenly the sand around her vanished and she was surrounded by an unfamiliar blue sky. She spun around. Behind her was the stormy sea she had left. Her mouth split into a grin, she wasn't imagining it. Of course, she could just be going crazy. Suddenly, one of the oddly colored, completely blue dragons shot into view. The dragon stopped mid flight and stared at Galaxy. They looked at each other for a time, slack-jawed. The blue dragon stammered, "Who-what are you?"
Galaxy raised her brow, although her goggles made the gesture practically invisible. This creature.... could talk.
"I'm Galaxy. Of the Water flight? I've never seen something like you in the Tidelord's domain," responded the shaky imperial.
The blue dragon opened its mouth to respond, but suddenly was gone. The vision had been replaced by swirling sand and screaming wind.
Galaxy gritted her teeth. She wouldn't be stopped, she had to find out what this creature was if she had to spend the rest of her life waiting on this beach.
p3jERvH.png
@Amaranth41 @Redamancy @RadioactivePup @Lopai @Hotpocketguru

Mirage landed and let Ivory do the knocking. "Got it." She said in reply to Ivory telling her their names.
Mirage's left wing had somehow folded awkwardly so she stretched it out to refold it right as the door opened. There stood Redtail, a slightly puzzled grin on his face. His eyes were a deep purple and his built leaned towards Skywing more than Nightwing. His Scales were a bright red with a few blue scales dotted through out and his wings were as black as a moonless night and covered in little white scales like stars. Mirage quickly folded her wing back in and tried not to stare at her feet in embarrassment.
"Mirage, Ivory, what are you doing here?" He said. His eyes glinted when he came up with a answer. "Does this have to do with the article we got today? He asked. Mirage nodded her head silently. Redtail's forked nightwing tongue flicked out in concern as he said " It's horrible, isn't it? I'd love to go out and help but I'm not sure how useful I'd be. My parents just got home and they should know a bit more about it so you can come in if you want." Mirage remembered that Redtail's dad was a scientist and he would of probably either gone there or received reports about what was going on.

((Can we share them? I don't really have any specific personalities in mind so I think it would be easier this way.))

"Lunch! Or I guess it's a late time snack to you." Nom said as she walked into the main room. "Great!" Joshua said as he looked up from the book he was reading. Nom climbed onto the huge coach he sat on and set the food in front of him. "You really should be asleep you know. Did you at least take a nap like I did?" Nom asked. Joshue shook his head no, in reply. Nom made a tutting sound in reply and smiled. "I'll be back soon with the rest of the food." She said and quickly flew off to the castle doors. Joshua watched her go and wished he could offer to help her but that would involve stepping into the light. Sighing a bit he took a bite of food. Flavor subtly washed over his taste buds and he smiled with delight. Nom always cooks it just the way I like it, he thought happily. Nom soon came back and he thanked her for such a wonderful meal. "You're welcome." She said with a blush. Picking up the book Nom said "What is this? " The journal of a vampire slayer?" Are you reading horror stories before bed? You really shouldn't do that." Joshua put up his finger signally for her to wait as he finished swallowing his food. "Back then in the book vampire's were running wild and killing tons of dragon's each night. This book was written by a dragon who wanted the killing to stop but also wanted to find a way to turn the vampires back to normal. So far he hasn't found anything that looks like it could be it." Joshua explained. Nom eyed the book and slowly put it down as she said "I'll leave you to it than but don't forgot to get some sleep." Nom turned to leave as Joshua said "Wait!" Getting up he said "I know you can't stay or else dragons will get suspicious but I just wanted to say that I'll miss you and I has a wonderful time with you last night." Nom smiled and gave him a hug as she said "Silly, we'll she each other tonight. I had a wonderful time last night as well. Now I got to go. See you later." With that she broke away from the hug and left.
@Amaranth41 @Redamancy @RadioactivePup @Lopai @Hotpocketguru

Mirage landed and let Ivory do the knocking. "Got it." She said in reply to Ivory telling her their names.
Mirage's left wing had somehow folded awkwardly so she stretched it out to refold it right as the door opened. There stood Redtail, a slightly puzzled grin on his face. His eyes were a deep purple and his built leaned towards Skywing more than Nightwing. His Scales were a bright red with a few blue scales dotted through out and his wings were as black as a moonless night and covered in little white scales like stars. Mirage quickly folded her wing back in and tried not to stare at her feet in embarrassment.
"Mirage, Ivory, what are you doing here?" He said. His eyes glinted when he came up with a answer. "Does this have to do with the article we got today? He asked. Mirage nodded her head silently. Redtail's forked nightwing tongue flicked out in concern as he said " It's horrible, isn't it? I'd love to go out and help but I'm not sure how useful I'd be. My parents just got home and they should know a bit more about it so you can come in if you want." Mirage remembered that Redtail's dad was a scientist and he would of probably either gone there or received reports about what was going on.

((Can we share them? I don't really have any specific personalities in mind so I think it would be easier this way.))

"Lunch! Or I guess it's a late time snack to you." Nom said as she walked into the main room. "Great!" Joshua said as he looked up from the book he was reading. Nom climbed onto the huge coach he sat on and set the food in front of him. "You really should be asleep you know. Did you at least take a nap like I did?" Nom asked. Joshue shook his head no, in reply. Nom made a tutting sound in reply and smiled. "I'll be back soon with the rest of the food." She said and quickly flew off to the castle doors. Joshua watched her go and wished he could offer to help her but that would involve stepping into the light. Sighing a bit he took a bite of food. Flavor subtly washed over his taste buds and he smiled with delight. Nom always cooks it just the way I like it, he thought happily. Nom soon came back and he thanked her for such a wonderful meal. "You're welcome." She said with a blush. Picking up the book Nom said "What is this? " The journal of a vampire slayer?" Are you reading horror stories before bed? You really shouldn't do that." Joshua put up his finger signally for her to wait as he finished swallowing his food. "Back then in the book vampire's were running wild and killing tons of dragon's each night. This book was written by a dragon who wanted the killing to stop but also wanted to find a way to turn the vampires back to normal. So far he hasn't found anything that looks like it could be it." Joshua explained. Nom eyed the book and slowly put it down as she said "I'll leave you to it than but don't forgot to get some sleep." Nom turned to leave as Joshua said "Wait!" Getting up he said "I know you can't stay or else dragons will get suspicious but I just wanted to say that I'll miss you and I has a wonderful time with you last night." Nom smiled and gave him a hug as she said "Silly, we'll she each other tonight. I had a wonderful time last night as well. Now I got to go. See you later." With that she broke away from the hug and left.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
[s]@Perdurue You're fine, suggesting a series is always a good reason to but in. I'll have to go check that out :)[/s] @AnonEclipse @Redamancy @RadioactivePup @Lopai @Hotpocketguru (Alright, sharing sounds good to me. I just guess we need to keep personalities simple so they're decently consistent) Ivory stepped past Redtail and into the house, which was similar to her own, but much less grand. "When we left, Mom was going to check if there was a refugee program." Ivory said, turning back to the NightWing/SkyWing. "We came to see if anyone knew anything else that wasn't included in the article." As Ivory turned back around, she almost bumped into a large male SkyWing. "Everything we know is in the article, Ivory." She SkyWing said. "We don't know anything about how the ooze works, how to contain it, or how to return those it infects back to normal." Ivory's gaze fell. "Oh." She said. "I was hoping you would know more, Mr. Jasper." "Well," Jasper said after a moment, "there was one thing not included in the article. Some dragons who have been around the ooze experience hallucinations. They say that they see these strange dragons, colorful ones that don't look like they're from Pyrrhia. These hallucinations change the landscape around the dragons as well." "That's really odd." Ivory commented, furrowing her eyebrow ridges. ----- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/200704/20070349.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/200481/20048033.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/204556/20455532.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/205321/20532068.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/200704/20070348.png[/img] Shiksa, Bivittas, and Carmesí took turns telling their story, Ereth butting in at every detail. "So you're telling me every single one of you saw these dragons?" Nova asked after they were done. "Yes! We told you Nova, we [i]all saw them!![/i]" Ereth burst out. "Ereth, calm your frills!" Shiksa said cheerfully, tapping him with the end of her long tail. Ereth lifted his hand and swatted Shiksa'a tail away, but the Spiral's spirits were completely undampened by the Fae's aggravation. "[i]Shiksa es correcto, Ereth, necesitas a calmarse.[/i]" Carmesí said, taking a couple steps towards Ereth. Ereth sighed and blinked his electric blue eyes. "What are we going to do about this, Nova?" Bivittas said, his low voice resonating in the cavern. "The dragon seemed tactile, and he was obviously a threat with that tail. It looked like a scorpion, so I'm assuming it has the same venom." "I don't know what to do, Bivittas." Nova shrugged. She turned and started pacing, leaving a line of large talonprints on the floor, only to be swept away by her dragging tail. "Maybe if we went to some other clans? See of they're having the same issues?" "Sounds good to me!" Shiksa exclaimed, bouncing on her tail like a spring. "I love visiting out neighbors!" (I'm planning to maybe have them maybe visit one of you guys's lairs)
@Perdurue You're fine, suggesting a series is always a good reason to but in. I'll have to go check that out :)
@AnonEclipse @Redamancy @RadioactivePup @Lopai @Hotpocketguru

(Alright, sharing sounds good to me. I just guess we need to keep personalities simple so they're decently consistent)

Ivory stepped past Redtail and into the house, which was similar to her own, but much less grand. "When we left, Mom was going to check if there was a refugee program." Ivory said, turning back to the NightWing/SkyWing. "We came to see if anyone knew anything else that wasn't included in the article." As Ivory turned back around, she almost bumped into a large male SkyWing.

"Everything we know is in the article, Ivory." She SkyWing said. "We don't know anything about how the ooze works, how to contain it, or how to return those it infects back to normal." Ivory's gaze fell.

"Oh." She said. "I was hoping you would know more, Mr. Jasper."

"Well," Jasper said after a moment, "there was one thing not included in the article. Some dragons who have been around the ooze experience hallucinations. They say that they see these strange dragons, colorful ones that don't look like they're from Pyrrhia. These hallucinations change the landscape around the dragons as well."

"That's really odd." Ivory commented, furrowing her eyebrow ridges.

20070349.png 20048033.png20455532.png 20532068.png 20070348.png
Shiksa, Bivittas, and Carmesí took turns telling their story, Ereth butting in at every detail. "So you're telling me every single one of you saw these dragons?" Nova asked after they were done.

"Yes! We told you Nova, we all saw them!!" Ereth burst out.

"Ereth, calm your frills!" Shiksa said cheerfully, tapping him with the end of her long tail. Ereth lifted his hand and swatted Shiksa'a tail away, but the Spiral's spirits were completely undampened by the Fae's aggravation.

"Shiksa es correcto, Ereth, necesitas a calmarse." Carmesí said, taking a couple steps towards Ereth. Ereth sighed and blinked his electric blue eyes.

"What are we going to do about this, Nova?" Bivittas said, his low voice resonating in the cavern. "The dragon seemed tactile, and he was obviously a threat with that tail. It looked like a scorpion, so I'm assuming it has the same venom."

"I don't know what to do, Bivittas." Nova shrugged. She turned and started pacing, leaving a line of large talonprints on the floor, only to be swept away by her dragging tail. "Maybe if we went to some other clans? See of they're having the same issues?"

"Sounds good to me!" Shiksa exclaimed, bouncing on her tail like a spring. "I love visiting out neighbors!"

(I'm planning to maybe have them maybe visit one of you guys's lairs)
NAfHsH1.png

Amaranth41
kOascjf.png HSk834N.png
they/them · EST · USA · writer · artist · scientist

jJluim0.png

(And I was going to post but I need to get to school now, I'll post as son as I can. And feel free to drop in on my clan, all my dragons have some semblance of lore, plus fire territory is quite close to lightning.)

Description of lair can be found here

(And I was going to post but I need to get to school now, I'll post as son as I can. And feel free to drop in on my clan, all my dragons have some semblance of lore, plus fire territory is quite close to lightning.)

Description of lair can be found here

"Possibility." Duskfire curtly responds, backing up slightly and opening up the package. It's much to early in the morning for this. She thinks, pulling out the food and beginning to eat, not caring that is has long since gone cold.

"I'm a Guardian." Myrddin responds, as if that should mean something to the dragon in front of him. "When we reach a certain adulthood we go on 'The Search', we leave home and drop everything behind to find our Charge, a Guardian without a Charge is only half a dragon. I was on my search when I just kind of, appeared here? You don't look like any of the breeds I know, although you look the most like a Guardian, or a really big Nocturne, maybe a Ridgeback?" He tilts his head to the side, horns glinting as the light gleams off of them, while a lustrous pearl hangs from a ring around his left horn.

"Possibility." Duskfire curtly responds, backing up slightly and opening up the package. It's much to early in the morning for this. She thinks, pulling out the food and beginning to eat, not caring that is has long since gone cold.

"I'm a Guardian." Myrddin responds, as if that should mean something to the dragon in front of him. "When we reach a certain adulthood we go on 'The Search', we leave home and drop everything behind to find our Charge, a Guardian without a Charge is only half a dragon. I was on my search when I just kind of, appeared here? You don't look like any of the breeds I know, although you look the most like a Guardian, or a really big Nocturne, maybe a Ridgeback?" He tilts his head to the side, horns glinting as the light gleams off of them, while a lustrous pearl hangs from a ring around his left horn.
1 2 3 4 5