Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wind Bound (Private)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@ZenithDragon (Ah, ye 'ave me apologies then, hah! An' ye 'ave quite th' set up fer a lair. Not at all what I've come t' be familiar with, with landlubbers.)

Tendon let loose something between a laugh and a hiss at Gavis's statement. "No, Tendon means," before he had a chance to continue, Ripley interrupted him.
"Tendon, belay that or it won't be a story we'll be telling them if we get back and you'll have to deal with someone else," Ripley snarled, frustration and pain pulling her beyond tolerance. They would never make it out of here alive or through other territories, for that matter, if he kept up like this. Mirrors weren't known for flying like imperials or coatls and couldn't cover long distances. The pair would be walking through most territories instead of flying over them.
Ripley glanced at Terrence. "Lead the way," she said, her voice void of the anger that was nearly palpable.
Had it been any other dragon, any other of the crew, he was more likely to abandon them than aid them. Ripley played an important part on the ship, though, and he felt that her return would keep them alive longer than any other dragon placed in the crow's nest. Yet, Tendon was starting to lose his patience with Ripley. She wasn't his captain and he wouldn't be taking orders from her.
For now, though, he sank into silence, crimson eyes alight with irritation as he stared ahead of him.
@ZenithDragon (Ah, ye 'ave me apologies then, hah! An' ye 'ave quite th' set up fer a lair. Not at all what I've come t' be familiar with, with landlubbers.)

Tendon let loose something between a laugh and a hiss at Gavis's statement. "No, Tendon means," before he had a chance to continue, Ripley interrupted him.
"Tendon, belay that or it won't be a story we'll be telling them if we get back and you'll have to deal with someone else," Ripley snarled, frustration and pain pulling her beyond tolerance. They would never make it out of here alive or through other territories, for that matter, if he kept up like this. Mirrors weren't known for flying like imperials or coatls and couldn't cover long distances. The pair would be walking through most territories instead of flying over them.
Ripley glanced at Terrence. "Lead the way," she said, her voice void of the anger that was nearly palpable.
Had it been any other dragon, any other of the crew, he was more likely to abandon them than aid them. Ripley played an important part on the ship, though, and he felt that her return would keep them alive longer than any other dragon placed in the crow's nest. Yet, Tendon was starting to lose his patience with Ripley. She wasn't his captain and he wouldn't be taking orders from her.
For now, though, he sank into silence, crimson eyes alight with irritation as he stared ahead of him.
Cap'n o' th' Crowned Thresher
Pirates Risin'
(Public lore regardin' pirates o' Sornieth)
Below Deck! (Personal Lore Thread)
@Firefeather (Thanks ^^ I'm quite proud of it)

Terrence sweat dropped. Oh boy, he wasn't exactly a leader, and there was a lot of squabbling going on. But he was good enough to keep the plump purple mirror next to him in check as well. Without another word, he lead the way to a den that smelled strongly of herbs and different plants. Xyron wrinkled his nose, obviously not liking the stench.

Inside were the clan's medicine dragons who tended to members of the clan suffering from ailments as mundane as a headache to as severe as a burn.

"Next time, don't mix those two chemicals together." A plump forest colored tundra said to an overweight pearlcatcher who's face was charred and burned from some sort of explosion apparently. He turned upon seeing the four dragons approach. "Ah, another injury?" He blinked, not recognizing Ripley or Tendon.

"Yes, you see," Terrence said telling the tundra about how they found the pair of mirrors and brought the female in to fix her leg.

"Ah," Jaden nodded, before looking to the mirrors in question "I'm Jaden, head of this clans group of medicine dragons." He then motioned for Ripley to lie down in one of the available nests so he could get to work.
@Firefeather (Thanks ^^ I'm quite proud of it)

Terrence sweat dropped. Oh boy, he wasn't exactly a leader, and there was a lot of squabbling going on. But he was good enough to keep the plump purple mirror next to him in check as well. Without another word, he lead the way to a den that smelled strongly of herbs and different plants. Xyron wrinkled his nose, obviously not liking the stench.

Inside were the clan's medicine dragons who tended to members of the clan suffering from ailments as mundane as a headache to as severe as a burn.

"Next time, don't mix those two chemicals together." A plump forest colored tundra said to an overweight pearlcatcher who's face was charred and burned from some sort of explosion apparently. He turned upon seeing the four dragons approach. "Ah, another injury?" He blinked, not recognizing Ripley or Tendon.

"Yes, you see," Terrence said telling the tundra about how they found the pair of mirrors and brought the female in to fix her leg.

"Ah," Jaden nodded, before looking to the mirrors in question "I'm Jaden, head of this clans group of medicine dragons." He then motioned for Ripley to lie down in one of the available nests so he could get to work.
@ZenithDragon

The smells were stronger than what they were used to with Lana and Karma. Perhaps, because there was no smell of water or salt here but either way, it didn't alleviate Tendon's salivating and even Ripley took a moment to adjust to the scents of herbs.
"Thank you," Ripley said to Terrence before following Jaden's instruction.
She did as she was told, taking great pains to avoid hitting her broken leg as she laid down. "I'm Ripley," she said, introducing herself before nodding to the flesh-clad dragon that stood beside her. "And that's Tendon."
Tendon's gaze flashed to Terrence and Xyron before his attention focused on the forest green tundra. At the moment, he was relieved to be able to bear his own weight instead of both of their's though it didn't blind of the fact that he was still irritated and his eyes kept flicking towards Terrence and Xyron.
"Is there anything Tendon might assist with?" he asked though he didn't look at Ripley. The sooner Ripley was taken care of, the sooner they could leave, regardless of whether or not he wanted to remind her of her place.
@ZenithDragon

The smells were stronger than what they were used to with Lana and Karma. Perhaps, because there was no smell of water or salt here but either way, it didn't alleviate Tendon's salivating and even Ripley took a moment to adjust to the scents of herbs.
"Thank you," Ripley said to Terrence before following Jaden's instruction.
She did as she was told, taking great pains to avoid hitting her broken leg as she laid down. "I'm Ripley," she said, introducing herself before nodding to the flesh-clad dragon that stood beside her. "And that's Tendon."
Tendon's gaze flashed to Terrence and Xyron before his attention focused on the forest green tundra. At the moment, he was relieved to be able to bear his own weight instead of both of their's though it didn't blind of the fact that he was still irritated and his eyes kept flicking towards Terrence and Xyron.
"Is there anything Tendon might assist with?" he asked though he didn't look at Ripley. The sooner Ripley was taken care of, the sooner they could leave, regardless of whether or not he wanted to remind her of her place.
Pirates Risin'
@Firefeather ((just to check, how severely is Ripley's leg injury?))

Terrence still managed to keep Xyron in check and therefore, keep the two mirrors from squabbling with each other. Them mirror meanwhile went to deposit the leafy herbs he'd gone out to gather.

"I'll let you know in a moment." Jaden nodded before starting to examine Ripley's leg. If it was a simple fracture or sprain, he could heal it up and they could be on their way within an a half hour. If it was more grave...well it'd be best to keep her off of that leg until it healed, as rushing the process could end up making things worse.
@Firefeather ((just to check, how severely is Ripley's leg injury?))

Terrence still managed to keep Xyron in check and therefore, keep the two mirrors from squabbling with each other. Them mirror meanwhile went to deposit the leafy herbs he'd gone out to gather.

"I'll let you know in a moment." Jaden nodded before starting to examine Ripley's leg. If it was a simple fracture or sprain, he could heal it up and they could be on their way within an a half hour. If it was more grave...well it'd be best to keep her off of that leg until it healed, as rushing the process could end up making things worse.
@ZenithDragon

(Broken leg, I'd fancy she broke th' tibia. It isna a compound fracture though.)

Tendon watched Jaden as he examined Ripley's leg for a moment before his attention wandered. He'd never been interested in learning about injuries, only having them patched up or further inflicted. He glanced at their surroundings, listened to the sounds and found himself already missing the lull of the ocean. Was Ripley missing it too? He glanced at her but she was focused on watching Jaden, waiting for a declaration. What if she could never use that leg again? He'd seen where a loss of limbs rendered a pirate and, to him, it wasn't worth it.
"Will she have the ability to use that leg once it is healed?" he asked, avoiding Ripley's look of surprise at his question.
@ZenithDragon

(Broken leg, I'd fancy she broke th' tibia. It isna a compound fracture though.)

Tendon watched Jaden as he examined Ripley's leg for a moment before his attention wandered. He'd never been interested in learning about injuries, only having them patched up or further inflicted. He glanced at their surroundings, listened to the sounds and found himself already missing the lull of the ocean. Was Ripley missing it too? He glanced at her but she was focused on watching Jaden, waiting for a declaration. What if she could never use that leg again? He'd seen where a loss of limbs rendered a pirate and, to him, it wasn't worth it.
"Will she have the ability to use that leg once it is healed?" he asked, avoiding Ripley's look of surprise at his question.
Pirates Risin'
@Firefeather

Jaden nodded "Of course, but its going to take a few days to heal." He explained "It's broken and needs time to mend." This was one case where he thought it best to let the body heal itself. Trying to speed it up could've resulted in the improper healing of the limb, and that would result in the loss of use in that limb. "All in all, I can set it and you'd have to stay off of that leg three to four days before putting any weight on it." And that didn't mean she could immediately walk out and get back to whatever she did for her clan. Still, compared to not being able to use it at all, it should be a small price to pay. "I would recommend you spend at least a day here to recover, then we could send word to your clan to come and pick you two up." So there were two options, stay at the clan until Ripley could walk, or let them send for her clan so they could carry her back.
@Firefeather

Jaden nodded "Of course, but its going to take a few days to heal." He explained "It's broken and needs time to mend." This was one case where he thought it best to let the body heal itself. Trying to speed it up could've resulted in the improper healing of the limb, and that would result in the loss of use in that limb. "All in all, I can set it and you'd have to stay off of that leg three to four days before putting any weight on it." And that didn't mean she could immediately walk out and get back to whatever she did for her clan. Still, compared to not being able to use it at all, it should be a small price to pay. "I would recommend you spend at least a day here to recover, then we could send word to your clan to come and pick you two up." So there were two options, stay at the clan until Ripley could walk, or let them send for her clan so they could carry her back.
@ZenithDragon

"That is not necessary. The pair will find them instead," Tendon answered immediately. Even Ripley was watching him as he paused after he'd spoken. Nobody would be sent to find them, let alone pick them up. They'd lost more than one sailor overboard and often picked up as if they'd never worked on the ship before. Few pirates ever stopped to worry about someone else's back instead of their own and when they did, it was a mate or someone valuable to the ship.
"That is to say..." Ripley started, when Tendon didn't continue. "We come from a wandering clan and it would be too difficult to locate them. Chances are, they've left," she said, looking at Jaden. "So long as it's no hassle to your clan, I believe I can stay off of my leg," she added, switching subjects. Inwardly, the normally energetic mirror was groaning at the thought of remaining still for three days or four days.
Tendon was relieved to hear that the blue mirror wouldn't be losing her limb though the thought of lingering around the clan wasn't enticing at all. Especially if more of them spent more time prancing about than actually working.
"Tendon hopes the clan does not mind her singing, though," he said, a gleam of amusement dancing in his eyes. If anyone was going to have to deal with it, though, it was him. Of course, Ripley always started chanteys on the ship. Staying in one place for so long meant she had to do something while she watched for ships and anything else. Still, there was no reason he couldn't tease the larger mirror now. She couldn't give him orders from the confines of a nest and he had started to calm down after they'd stopped moving.
@ZenithDragon

"That is not necessary. The pair will find them instead," Tendon answered immediately. Even Ripley was watching him as he paused after he'd spoken. Nobody would be sent to find them, let alone pick them up. They'd lost more than one sailor overboard and often picked up as if they'd never worked on the ship before. Few pirates ever stopped to worry about someone else's back instead of their own and when they did, it was a mate or someone valuable to the ship.
"That is to say..." Ripley started, when Tendon didn't continue. "We come from a wandering clan and it would be too difficult to locate them. Chances are, they've left," she said, looking at Jaden. "So long as it's no hassle to your clan, I believe I can stay off of my leg," she added, switching subjects. Inwardly, the normally energetic mirror was groaning at the thought of remaining still for three days or four days.
Tendon was relieved to hear that the blue mirror wouldn't be losing her limb though the thought of lingering around the clan wasn't enticing at all. Especially if more of them spent more time prancing about than actually working.
"Tendon hopes the clan does not mind her singing, though," he said, a gleam of amusement dancing in his eyes. If anyone was going to have to deal with it, though, it was him. Of course, Ripley always started chanteys on the ship. Staying in one place for so long meant she had to do something while she watched for ships and anything else. Still, there was no reason he couldn't tease the larger mirror now. She couldn't give him orders from the confines of a nest and he had started to calm down after they'd stopped moving.
Pirates Risin'
@Firefeather

"Ah..." Jaden nodded "I'm sorry to hear that." Then the best thing they could do would be to get her back one her paws so they could go out and find their clan.

"How could they do that?" Xyron blurted out. "What clan leaves clan members behind to possibly die?!" The very idea shocked the mirror. To lose a clan member was to lose all the talent they had. At least around here when a dragon left the clan for other adventures, another came to replace him or her.

Terrence hushed him, not wanting to disturb the other dragons. "Ah no, that would be nice actually." He sweat dropped. Honestly, a dragon singing might've been the most normal thing to happen around the clan.

Without further ado, Jaden started to set Ripley's leg so she couldn't move it and cause any further damage. He was curious though. Few clans left members for dead if they were separated, and nomadic clans typically couldn't spare the loss of able-bodied dragons. Just what kind of clan did these two belong to?
@Firefeather

"Ah..." Jaden nodded "I'm sorry to hear that." Then the best thing they could do would be to get her back one her paws so they could go out and find their clan.

"How could they do that?" Xyron blurted out. "What clan leaves clan members behind to possibly die?!" The very idea shocked the mirror. To lose a clan member was to lose all the talent they had. At least around here when a dragon left the clan for other adventures, another came to replace him or her.

Terrence hushed him, not wanting to disturb the other dragons. "Ah no, that would be nice actually." He sweat dropped. Honestly, a dragon singing might've been the most normal thing to happen around the clan.

Without further ado, Jaden started to set Ripley's leg so she couldn't move it and cause any further damage. He was curious though. Few clans left members for dead if they were separated, and nomadic clans typically couldn't spare the loss of able-bodied dragons. Just what kind of clan did these two belong to?
@ZenithDragon

"In order to keep a...clan moving, the mates must not stop simply because a dragon or two have taken off for better or worse. To stop, sometimes, is to die," Tendon explained, the words coming out slow as he tried pick them carefully. That was one way of explaining things though it hardly covered the entire slate. He simply hoped the youthful dragon accepted the explanation.
Ripley sucked in breath between her teeth as she watched the tundra start to set her leg. Nothing had prepared her for it to be broken and she'd heard stories of dragons brought to the brink of unconsciousness from enduring the pain of a broken limb being set. She simply hoped she had the strength to endure it.
Tendon's attention snapped to Ripley as she hissed. It wandered to her broken leg. There was nothing he could do for her pain. "Ripley's guardian might not forgive himself when she returns," he said to try and distract the other mirror's focus.
@ZenithDragon

"In order to keep a...clan moving, the mates must not stop simply because a dragon or two have taken off for better or worse. To stop, sometimes, is to die," Tendon explained, the words coming out slow as he tried pick them carefully. That was one way of explaining things though it hardly covered the entire slate. He simply hoped the youthful dragon accepted the explanation.
Ripley sucked in breath between her teeth as she watched the tundra start to set her leg. Nothing had prepared her for it to be broken and she'd heard stories of dragons brought to the brink of unconsciousness from enduring the pain of a broken limb being set. She simply hoped she had the strength to endure it.
Tendon's attention snapped to Ripley as she hissed. It wandered to her broken leg. There was nothing he could do for her pain. "Ripley's guardian might not forgive himself when she returns," he said to try and distract the other mirror's focus.
Pirates Risin'
@Firefeather

Xyron was still appalled by such an idea. Terrence however kept to Lief's policy of letting other clan leaders run their clan how they wish.

Jaden just to make the setting as painless as possible "It'll be over soon." He tried to comfort the female.

"Oh?" Terrence shook his head. "I suggest we focus on right now, and right now she's being cared for..." He shifted uneasily. "So...uh...should we should you to a den? Guests stay on this level, so you would still be close to Ripley if your concerned." Really, they couldn't have non injured dragons taking up space where injured dragons were supposed to go.
@Firefeather

Xyron was still appalled by such an idea. Terrence however kept to Lief's policy of letting other clan leaders run their clan how they wish.

Jaden just to make the setting as painless as possible "It'll be over soon." He tried to comfort the female.

"Oh?" Terrence shook his head. "I suggest we focus on right now, and right now she's being cared for..." He shifted uneasily. "So...uh...should we should you to a den? Guests stay on this level, so you would still be close to Ripley if your concerned." Really, they couldn't have non injured dragons taking up space where injured dragons were supposed to go.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11